Agents...

Seriously, at first I liked it but now the feature is just ****ing me off!

I found a really good regen (touted the next Mascherano) on a free so decided to offer him a contract. Two days later another club offers him a contract too. In response I cancelled my contract offer with the intention of offering him an even better contract than offered before. BUT GUESS WHAT?! The agent suddenly dislikes me cos I cancelled the previous offer.. I WAS GOING TO MAKE YOU A RICH MAN #%(¤$!!

Really hope this feature gets fixed soon, doubt this resembles anything like real-life....

rant over.

Haven't had any real issue dealing with an agent, yet, but they are annoying. Love seeing half the emails in the game agent offers player x. sigh

The only real problem with them is all the man hours put into them instead of something more meaningful to the game. So far there are some nice improvements to the ME, but there are just as many -new- bugs both in the ME and with the overall management interface. If they spent time fixing the new breaks instead of making agents then the game would have been a lot better.

Edit: vvv That is the exact problem they didn't get when they started the issue. Before they got a good clean AI with just players and management they go and add a 3rd AI with agents, so not you have 3 sloppy AI's instead of 2 with fewer issues. Not to mention the shear fact that agents really don't add hardly anything, still had to negotiate in 2010, now I just have to add in an agents fee.

Toni Kroos was interested in joining my Liverpool as he felt offers like this didn't come along everyday and he'd love to play for a club with as much history and fan love of Liverpool, so I went to offer him a contract and his stupid agent advises me his client isn't interested in discussing terms with me.

This part also needs to get tweeked

Seriously, at first I liked it but now the feature is just ****ing me off!

I found a really good regen (touted the next Mascherano) on a free so decided to offer him a contract. Two days later another club offers him a contract too. In response I cancelled my contract offer with the intention of offering him an even better contract than offered before. BUT GUESS WHAT?! The agent suddenly dislikes me cos I cancelled the previous offer.. I WAS GOING TO MAKE YOU A RICH MAN #%(¤$!!

Really hope this feature gets fixed soon, doubt this resembles anything like real-life....

rant over.

learn how to use the new feature properly and maybe you'll get further in the game

Thats helpful.

I've had the same problem. How do you offer improved contract offers then by using the feature properly?

easy, as stated in another thread, offer the agent more money. Or on the other hand, if its wages,n offer the player higher wages after a certain amount of games, that itself may get the deal over the line. Or even go to the media previously before talking contracts and tell the media that you are a fan of the player, simple things like that

easy, as stated in another thread, offer the agent more money. Or on the other hand, if its wages,n offer the player higher wages after a certain amount of games, that itself may get the deal over the line. Or even go to the media previously before talking contracts and tell the media that you are a fan of the player, simple things like that

The problem was that i wanted to IMPROVE my contract offer though, something that was possible in FM10 (change contract offer) but apparently not in FM11, or I must have completely missed it. And I created the other thread you are referring to. To me using those methods are exploiting a bugged system and therefore unacceptable to use to my advantage.

Isn't the main problem here that you can't re-enter negotiations?

Once you've come to terms and left, you can't go back and offer an improvement (in this case because another team has stepped in) without cancelling the old one first... leading to the situation described

Or at least, that's my experience, there doesn't seem to be a "change contract offer" like previous versions

Edit: Tommy beat me to it... damn you :p

It's the same old scenario.................SI release a new version and to try to make the game sound fantastic to new gamers by saying 'we have 1 million new features in the game'.....................problem is that every new feature has numerous bugs and isn't really that well thought out.

Many people on this forum have said time and time again..........don't introduce too many new features, keep what you have, improve on it, make the original product even better..................but I'm afraid thats not going to keep the money rolling in to the degree that they want it..............neither would it keep Sega happy so every year we have a product that until patch .3 is problematic and not to the standard of the previous version of the game.

It's the same old scenario.................SI release a new version and to try to make the game sound fantastic to new gamers by saying 'we have 1 million new features in the game'.....................problem is that every new feature has numerous bugs and isn't really that well thought out.

Many people on this forum have said time and time again..........don't introduce too many new features, keep what you have, improve on it, make the original product even better..................but I'm afraid thats not going to keep the money rolling in to the degree that they want it..............neither would it keep Sega happy so every year we have a product that until patch .3 is problematic and not to the standard of the previous version of the game.

The symptoms of releasing a new game every year... wouldn't be so bad if it was just expansions but this BS business model for sporting games got started long ago and the players (those of us here) don't tell companies to stop giving us crap at full price, just keep buying every year like sheep.

Archived