Individual Training Focus

Movement = off the ball

Agility = Agility

Balance = Balance

I would rather ask another question: can anyone share his experience with this feature as I haven't played enough to see how it works... do you put emphasis on the weaknesses of the player or rather you prefer to focus on his strenghts?

I know that Movement will be Off The Ball, but I'm wondering if Positioning and Anticipation will be covered by this as well.

What I tend to focus on is trying to improve a players lower Attribute that is needed for the type of player he is and his position. For instance, if I have a DC with poor/average Marking or poor/average Heading I will look at putting him onto training for one of these Attributes. Same as for a Striker - if he has mediocre Finishing or possibly Dribbling skills (I have one Striker with only 8 for Dribbling but 14 for Agility and Balance) I will get him to focus on one of these (which is what I have done with the Striker I just mentioned).

If you have an decent player you can always just get him to focus on an area he is already good at to improve it. I have a 22 year-old DM with Passing 14 and Technical 13 so I could always put him on an individual training focus of either Technical or Passing to improve on one of these Attributes and as he's only 22 he might benefit from it better.

I know that Movement will be Off The Ball, but I'm wondering if Positioning and Anticipation will be covered by this as well.

What I tend to focus on is trying to improve a players lower Attribute that is needed for the type of player he is and his position. For instance, if I have a DC with poor/average Marking or poor/average Heading I will look at putting him onto training for one of these Attributes. Same as for a Striker - if he has mediocre Finishing or possibly Dribbling skills (I have one Striker with only 8 for Dribbling but 14 for Agility and Balance) I will get him to focus on one of these (which is what I have done with the Striker I just mentioned).

If you have an decent player you can always just get him to focus on an area he is already good at to improve it. I have a 22 year-old DM with Passing 14 and Technical 13 so I could always put him on an individual training focus of either Technical or Passing to improve on one of these Attributes and as he's only 22 he might benefit from it better.

i do the same! train the lowest att needed for his position!

Exactly and like I say if it's one of your good players that is decent in all areas for the position he plays in, you can use the focus area to improve one of his attributes that's needed for his position to make him even better in that area.

That's another thing I like about this version of FM - to me you're a lot more involved with the players from the Private Chat's to the training.

i got a strong feeling and observation on training after playing for 3 seasons, that ITF (Individual Training Focus) will only help for attributes less the 15-16. using it on attributes more than that the effect is drastically reduce.

for example if you have 2 players with the same CA/PA, on same training schedule and playing the same amount of games etc etc. in the beginning player A have 17 passing and is being put on ITF on "Passing" compare to player B having 13 passing and also being ITF on "Passing" AND after 2-3 seasons player A passing might raise 1 point whereas player B passing might raise 2-3 points.

Well, I don't think the option is there to help create a 20 finishing, 20 composure, 20 off the ball striker-monster but rather to avoid having great but flawed players, like having a potentially great DM whose stamina is 6.

It works well in that regard and that's how I use it.

What are composure and concentration responsible for? I guess composure is great for a striker and concentration for a defender, right?

Something like that although composure is beneficial to everyone. It represents how well a player reacts under pressure, ie. can he keep his cool when it's needed (last ditch tackle, waiting until the last moment for the defense splitting pass, scoring in one-on-one situations etc...) but its usefulness is most evident for strikers...

What are composure and concentration responsible for? I guess composure is great for a striker and concentration for a defender, right?

Composure is good for everyone as Sarmatian says. It helps a Striker with his shooting and placements of his shots. A Striker with good composure will more often than not get shots on target as well as score. He will not make panicy shots and just blast the ball as soon as he gets it. Defenders with high Composure will be less prone to mistakes as well and will be less prone to just blasting the ball out the park or losing the ball from a pressing opponent.

Concentration is really good for everyone as well but I think it will be mainly better for Defenders and Midfielders. Any player really that has a high Concentration attribute will be really less likely to "switch off" so to say, so a Defender with decent Concentration will be less prone to making mistakes and will not lose focus for the duration of the match. You really want Defenders and Defensive Midfielders to have a decent setting on this attribute. Composure and Concentration is good for all players though.

Archived