Should I buy it?

I've played for many years, the latest versions I bought was 07 and 09.

I felt somewhat disappointed with those games and figured, maybe a 2 year cycle will make it better. For me.

Here I come to the forums again and Deja Vu, looks like we have similar bugs as before, but now in different

areas. I don't fancy 09 anymore, and 10 was never on my radar....

So would it be worthy to buy this new game? I can deal with bugs and gameplay issues alright, but I think I'm

still missing that feeling from the older games. I have a monster machine now (for my standards) and I miss FM.

But is the game good enough to play for just a while....or just shining....or even worse, waiting endlessly for new patches?

Any comments to steer me and my 40$ voucher in the right directions, are very welcome. :)

You know, you'll probably get as many positive answers about FM11 as you'll get negative ones. Would probably be best if you decide yourself whether it's worth spending your money on it. Download the demo and see for yourself. In my opinion, it's worth the money, but that's just my opinion.

Thank you DirtyAce for your response, but...

Have you ever tried to fight over the bandwidth with your wife?

She's downloading soapies...maybe I try the demo over the weekend...lol

But one person says it's ok, I can believe that, still I have to be convinced.

X-Mas is here soon too, so I might get it from the kids anyways. :)

There have been a couple of other threads like this now and my answer is still the same.

I love fm 11 and its totally worth the money and i feel that all the negative comments represent only a minority opinion. Some of the posts complaining about the game are complete rubbish posted by users who are frustrated at not being good at the game so they invent bugs so that they can rant at SI and the games testers.

The decision is totally yours but my opinion would be to try out the demo and if you enjoy it you should buy it as 11.1 made a lot of improvement on a couple of issues in the demo.

Thanks charlo, I can't download the demo because the missus tells me to choose between beer or download. :(

I choose the first.

But at weekend she works, and I might snag a couple of hrs of dling the demo....rofl...doesn't make the tough guy, does it?

Anyways, 2 slightly biased answers for buy seems ok as an early opinion poll, still reading heaps of other threads as well.

Well, I just bought it online from ozgames....38 bucks.

Got Civ5 from the same site a few weeks back and it's a hardcopy and working fine, after 150 hrs of play.

Got that for 40 bucks, but had to wait for 12 days for delivery. Compare that to 89 in a nearby shop.

I can live with that! :)

Archived