FM11.3 • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Returns (Again) V0.4 || 4-4-2 • • •

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1} What results have you had with this new tactic????

I'll be posting up my new screenshots shortly, but it's been awesom for my norwich squad.

2} What size of pitch is best??

I like a wide pitch to strech the play, this will also put more demands on your defence though.

3} Are the player roles from front page updated also?

Yup, i've updated then.

Fuss

I have a Chelsea game going in the second season, and used this (only for around 3 or 4 games) and I found I was conceeding a hell of alot! Like 2 goals a game when I have one of the best defences in the league!

Now I started a new game with Feyenoord in Holland, and the pre-season games went like this:

feyenoordfeyenoordfixtu.jpg

Now as you can see I have conceeded a fair few goals. I have stuck with the tactic so far, and have had a good start to the season (two 2-0 wins) But I'm just wondering how your defensive record has been?

Steve

Working well for me:

126games.jpg

But yes, I think I've gone too far tweaking it for my own team. I may start over and go back to basics, but I think that's probably it from me for FM11, FM12 is just over the hill and there dosn't seem to be a great deal of activity on the forums these days sadly.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what key attributes to look for regarding each of the positions in this tactic?

First page. If you can't work out what attributes are needed from that, I suggest you give up playing football manager.

Hey minimal can I ask why you changed to classic tactics? is the current version the best for your current team or is it the best tactic also?

you'll notice that there's a few more team settings across all players, classic gave me a little more control over this. I like the wizard I really do, but classic just lets you fine tune that bit more.

Okay wow this tactic dominates teams!!!

Thanks! please post up some results.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what key attributes to look for regarding each of the positions in this tactic?

Front page my man

First page. If you can't work out what attributes are needed from that, I suggest you give up playing football manager.

This.

Although to be fair I always look for phycial attributes, I think this game has a massive bias to physcial players. Hence my favourite players are Lukaku and Ablonglahor, I also like fast physical defenders. So my advice is always go for speed/acc/strength is every position no matter the tactic.

I should point out I'm working on this still...dont think I'll ever stop tinkering, but I went back to my first version and started over, that wont be ready for a long time though

Although to be fair I always look for phycial attributes, I think this game has a massive bias to physcial players. Hence my favourite players are Lukaku and Ablonglahor, I also like fast physical defenders. So my advice is always go for speed/acc/strength is every position no matter the tactic.

ok, thanks for the info. I will look for speed, acc & strength for my new players I bring in.

i think the reason it has worked so well for me is because I have built a team up specifically for this tactic, i went a bit crap when you threw a trequarista in there, ended up buying aguero worked well but you changed back to poacher which made me happy as I could use sanogo to great effect :D

blackpoolblackpoolfixtu.png

These are my results since using this version of the tactic, the loss to chelsea is the version 0.3 amr edit tactic. I have built my team for this tactic so it works really well, you threw me off when you put a trequarista in it as i had lukaku and sanogo as my strikeforce

some really nice results there. I'm glad the defence is essentially holding for you too. I find I never conceed more than 1 goal in a match if any.

the trequarista issue was essentially solved by having that complete forward type player instead, somebody to be a physical presence up front work wonders. It was also another good reason to switch to classic mode, as it gave me a bit more control on the differences between player types.

Fuss

Amazing results there, never seen anything like it! Are you using a new tactic for those results, or still the one from front page?

Steve

It's actually beaten my best season with my glorious Tottenham team, it's a mix of the one on the front page and a tweak of the one on the front page (which is even more attacking).

Well done! What's your team like at the moment?

It's admitedly a very strong squad now, but those results are good with any squad in the world, first 11 and main rotaion players are:

Rossi (10m) - Lukaku (4m) [backup: Agbonlahor 3m]

Ashley Young (9m) - Busquets (free) - Wilshere (10m) - Sturridge (free) [Walcott 3.9m | Delph 1m]

Mohamed El Sayed (free-regen) - Danny Wilson (10m) - Phil Jones (15m) - Nkoulou (6m - retrained to DCR) [Mancienne 3m | Naughton 3m]

Mandana (free) [butland 1m]

About to get Hulk (he's been retrained by porto as a winger) and Ramsey (wasted in Gunners reserve squad), Bale is also unhappy at Man City now, so might take a stag at it, but I refuse to pay more than 20m for anyone.

Nice result what about team talks and MP??

I'm mentioned team talks some pages back. Generally I'm harsh and all the other managers tend to criticse my strict approach, works well for me though. If somebody has a bad game or gets a card I come down on them like a tonn of bricks. If somebody wants a new contract they are always told no. Etc. Think of a Fergi approach!

Match prep for me depends on the current problem. When my team was weaker I nearly always did defensive positioning and a highish workrate. Now my defence is rock solid I tend to do attacking movement and a highish workrate. See how you go and adapt it, but I always use highish workrate and I'd probably suggest def pos to start with. although if you have a very good assistant I think he can handle it just fine.

I always say the key is to keeping talking to your players. FM11 has made this really easy - you dont need to comment on form, just on previous match, do it alot when they have good games, be positive but dont go OTT, make um work for that praise.

Fuss

Will you be releasing this updated tactic?

As I said above matey, it's the one of the front page. Just tweak it slightly to suit your team! The one on the front page is properly balenced and should do the job!

this certainly looks like a great tactic ... though being a 'Classic' version I must admit I'm missing the touchline shots etc when trying to close out a game and defend a lead

any tips on how to achieve that with the sliders?

I'm a big fan of shouts too, but classic tweaking ability one the day. The shouts essentially only slightly changed sliders anyway, so just think about what shouts you may have used, and adjust a couple of the sliders 2 or 3 notches.

Although I'd suggest this tactis works defensively by attacking and staying in the opponents half, I shy away from closing games out as it tends to just invite the opposition on, and in my opinion there's a bit of a problem with 30+ yard screamers going in in 11.3!

I would have to agree with you there Fuss!

I don't know how you have done this, but with this new tactic I feel my players condition stay higher for longer in matches, before this update I would get to 60 min and have at least 3 or 4 players under 80% and I would sub at that point, now I my players are lasting until 70-75 mins easy.

Also I feel this tactic whilst not barcelona-esque in formation and build up per se, the closing down and mentality to win the ball is incredible the second I lose a ball I have people fighting doggedly to get it back straight away not letting the opposition settle.

Would you consider doing a different formation tactic fuss?

I would have to agree with you there Fuss!

I don't know how you have done this, but with this new tactic I feel my players condition stay higher for longer in matches, before this update I would get to 60 min and have at least 3 or 4 players under 80% and I would sub at that point, now I my players are lasting until 70-75 mins easy.

Also I feel this tactic whilst not barcelona-esque in formation and build up per se, the closing down and mentality to win the ball is incredible the second I lose a ball I have people fighting doggedly to get it back straight away not letting the opposition settle.

Would you consider doing a different formation tactic fuss?

Thanks alot.

I always make 4-4-2's as I enjoy having 2 strikers and wingers in my tactics...everbody else can be moved, but I'm yet yo really find something to beat a flat back 4. I have tried two WBs and a DMC instead, but the gaps for opposition wingers are too bug.

Is there a particualr formation you're after? I'd think this would be easily adaptable to a single striker and AMC instead of a second striker. If you not winger mad it might make a nice 4-2-3-1 with the wingers pushed inside, but you'd meed exceptional full-backs to defend it properly and very hard working AMCs.

I think that has already been stated by minimal in his first post. I feel it worked well for me using blackpool and forest, not been lower league than that personally, the main thing you need is a determined pacey group of players I find my key roles are LB and STCL a cool head in the middle park will help aswell.

Thanks for your reply minimal I too am a lover of the 442 that's why I love this tactic, but I would love to see an amc or attacking central midfielder role which bags a fair few goals a kind of 4-1-2-2-1 role would be awesome I can never seem to get the balance right, with an anchorman behind the 2 central midfielders with a playmaker and an attacking goal getting midfielder, then a classic winger one side and then inside forward kind of role exactly like what you have in your tactic, and a dominating lukaku prescence up top. But I love having one winger and then one inside forward attacking wide player and 2 players up top and will always prefer the 442 being a man utd fan but it would be intresting to see how the core of this tactic would work in a different formation.

Thinking about giving this a go once my current season with Liverpool is over. Won the league in the first season using a flat TC 4-4-2. My squad could suit this pretty well, I have Necid & Carroll for the target man role, Suarez (although he might be better on the left, made him learn PPM's like "comes deep to get ball) & a newgen who is a great poacher. Gervinho/Lee Chung-Yong on the right, Eden Hazard and John Fleck for the left. Sahin for the deep lying playmaker, and Gerrard for the more attacking midfielder. However I'm going to complete my current season first (I'm not that far into it tbh).

did u think this will work for sunderland...wanna start a new season with it

If you buy in a abit of pace i dont see why not.

Thinking about giving this a go once my current season with Liverpool is over. Won the league in the first season using a flat TC 4-4-2. My squad could suit this pretty well, I have Necid & Carroll for the target man role, Suarez (although he might be better on the left, made him learn PPM's like "comes deep to get ball) & a newgen who is a great poacher. Gervinho/Lee Chung-Yong on the right, Eden Hazard and John Fleck for the left. Sahin for the deep lying playmaker, and Gerrard for the more attacking midfielder. However I'm going to complete my current season first (I'm not that far into it tbh).

Why not save ur progress and run a 'different reality' to see how it goes.

Well a season on and Norwich got bought out by a consortia that gave me lots of money.

This has ruined the game for me as there was very little challenge left anyway....but at least I can show you all what can be achieved with a proper world-class squad:

wow1.jpg

Archived