FM11.3 • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Returns (Again) V0.4 || 4-4-2 • • •

for your version two you used opp instructons and what is your match prepartion thanks for your tactics mate

Post match varies depending on the opponent and what I think my team needs to work on - as do the opp instructions, although a good assman will help you with these (don't just rely on him though)

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE - 19/11/10

I'm having great success altering the RB to be more defensive (defensive/FB) and the LB to be more attacking and hug the touch-line (attacking/WB).

This is quite particualr to Tottenham as it suits Bale very well...however I will relase a toned down version for everyone to use as a mini update.

Open FM with the screen you want to copy.

Press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard (depending on your keyboard, it should be near the Ins and Delete buttons).

Open Paint (or similar program). Try looking under Accessories in your Start menu.

Press Ctrl+V to paste the pic.

Now you can crop it, resize etc and save it.

Hope that helps

Thank you mate.

This is an overwhelmingly home-based tactic.

At home with my chelsea team (trying to get a feel for the ME until I switch to my beloved spurs) I absolutely batter every1. Away from home I can't even beat wolves. The team performance is basically embarrassing the moment they leave stamford bridge. The two types of goals I concede are a crappy player either running straight through the middle of my defence or a crappy winger crossing from 45 yards perfectly onto the head of a similarly crap-at-heading striker lol. Against Man Utd I can understand this sort of thing but wolves???

I'm pretty sure you already mentioned the through-the-centre goals and absolutely everywhere on the forums it talks about the so-perfect-its-almost-cheating crossing thing. I've also noticed that away from home the opposing full-backs play like gods against your wingers (not just your tactic has this problem, I've tried a number of my own and a few from this forum - all have the same full-back behaviour).

Any ideas guys?

P.S. Already tried the attacking wing-back on left (Cole) and defensive on right (ivanovic/bosingwa).

If I change the role of the attacking players, for example the poacher or the trequartista, would this be a problem? ie is the tactic designed around these specific players, or other role of fowards will be fed the ball just as well as the poacher or the trequartista?

Just finished my first season with Liverpool using this tactic (original one). Won everything going; prem, euro cup, fa cup & league cup.

I've actually had the best away record in the premier division although I can see a big difference playing away from home (one example... lost 1-0 at man city, 6 days later we hammer them 3-0 at Anfield and had 10 more shots on goal than the previous match), not sure if this is just the game though? Also went unbeaten at home in all competitions.

I didn't really find the defence to be that weak although I did change the two full backs to have the 'defend' duty (conceded 34 in 38). Agger got into the team of the year anyway. :D

Thanks for the tactic mate, will carry on using it. :)

I used this tactic with my Canterbury Dragons team in the New Zealand league. Despite the players having not many stats over 10 they are still a better team than most of the others in the league, it still produced some brilliant football. The attacking play of the strikers and wingers was great to watch even at this level. I am currently playing with Bayern Munich hoping that Robben and Ribery can be good in the winger positions.

Should the Trequartista always remain playmaker in Team Settings for this tactic to be effective? Because it just seems wrong, if for instance you're using Spurs, that Pav/Crouch would be the designated playmaker in the side.

I noticed when I tried this tactic with Arsenal that Cesc was incredibly ineffective as the CMR until I switched him over as the primary playmaker - suddenly his own performances improved.

Now I haven't played long enough yet to see whether this affects the tactic as a whole but i'd be interested to hear whether anyone else has tried this?

....also, if I have Dzeko in the poacher position, would it be better to change his role to 'complete forward'? Or just leave it as it is?

Should the Trequartista always remain playmaker in Team Settings for this tactic to be effective? Because it just seems wrong, if for instance you're using Spurs, that Pav/Crouch would be the designated playmaker in the side.

I noticed when I tried this tactic with Arsenal that Cesc was incredibly ineffective as the CMR until I switched him over as the primary playmaker - suddenly his own performances improved.

Now I haven't played long enough yet to see whether this affects the tactic as a whole but i'd be interested to hear whether anyone else has tried this?

....also, if I have Dzeko in the poacher position, would it be better to change his role to 'complete forward'? Or just leave it as it is?

Primary play maker isnt ticked and isn't used....

How on earth anyone can put up with Dzeko terribly demanding nature is beyound me! but i couldnt say, i havnt had need to try it....but yes prob change the poacher.

My 4 friendly results using this tactic were:

FBK Kaunas 0-5 Hearts

Montrose 0-5 Hearts

Southampton 0-2 Hearts

Glentoran 0-5 Hearts

Looking very very dangerous all the time but the proof is going to be when the competitive games start. Very confident though.

Good work MiNiMaL_Fuss.

1st season - won the premier league, league cup and champions league with spurs and no signings.\

2nd season - finished 2nd premier league, won league cup and FA cup but lost on away goals to Real Madrid in the QF Champions League (i blame Benoit Ekotto`s red card)

I had a 5-0 home win v Chelsea, 5-0 away win v Man U and a 5-0 FA Cup final win vs Aston Villa.

All in all, a fantastic formation. Here is a screenie from my last season.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/457/tottenhamhotspurtottenh.png

Well after getting Ipswich promoted as Champions with this the Premier Season started very badly, obviously a weaker side and we were getting badly exposed at the back.

Have gone back to my original flat 4-4-2, sitting a bit deeper but still the same pressing principles and am currently sitting 12th in February so should be safe.

So it does seem (for me) that this tactic is good if you are a stronger team in a league but exposes the back line if you aren't!

This is imo the best tactic on this forum....

However second season in and away games have become impossible :( i don't actually think the tactic has come undone but the ai keepers have suddenly turned into supermen! my strikers are missing easy easy chances and im now getting hit with 40 yard wonder strikes from everywhere i go -frustration rant over-

Just starting my first season with this tactic as liverpool. Got Torres as the poacher and looking to play Babbel/Kuyt as 2nd striker, Neymar on left and Joe Cole/Maxi on right, Poulson and Gerrard in midfield.

Who is the ideal player in the trequvista position? Is it seen as a Bergkamp role?

UPDATE 18/11/10

TO DO

• Defensive corners are conceeding too many goals - open to edits here.

1 player mark tall player

1 player mark small player

2 players man mark

3 players go back

1 on edge of area

1 close down

and last one stay forward for change of counter attack.

With this set up I only conceeded 2 goals in 48 matches from corner.

I am playing as Man Utd and this tactic is working great for 1st season winning treble. One problem though, my team is getting lots of yellow cards. Also, I was hammered by Barcelona 8-1 away (at home beat them 3-1) in CL. Now in 2nd season in the game, I hope results will get better. thanks for the great tactic!

Primary play maker isnt ticked and isn't used....

How on earth anyone can put up with Dzeko terribly demanding nature is beyound me! but i couldnt say, i havnt had need to try it....but yes prob change the poacher.

Do you find him demanding in the game MF? Or referring to him irl? He's been good as gold for me so far since I signed him.......plenty time for Citeh to try and unsettle him yet though I suppose :p

I remember the FM07 minimal fuss tactics with great fondness by the way, worked wonders for my Aberdeen and Juventus teams as I recall :)

Excellent tactic MF, I started using it 17 games ago with Liverpool, started out:

Leicester away 4-0won

Tottenham home 4-0won

Montpellier home 2-0won

Fulham home 3-0won

West Ham home 3-0won

Villa away 2-0lost

Bolton away 2-1won

Blackburn home 3-0won

Debrecen home 5-1won

Man Utd home 2-0won

Wolves home 3-0won

Wolves away 2-0won

Sunderland away 2-0won

Newcastle away 4-0won

Wigan home 3-1won

Man Utd away 2-0won

Everon home 3-0won

Ive made a few tweaks to the tactic,for instance i've brought the tempo down to slow,i've changed the time wasting to often,i've made the width normal,the goalkeeper now uses defender collect but you need to specifically choose a defender or else he will just lump it. I tend to use my fullbacks as the AI never closes them down from a goal kick,best bet is to use the fullback with the best passing.

With the tweaks i seem to dictate the play more and dominate possesion.

Hi all,

Been crazy busy at work and on holiday, so I'm afraid there's been no update - I've not even played FM!!!

Will be getting back to grips with it this wknd and going from there!

Those who are winnign everything - are you using the orginal (my fave) or the newer more agressive version?

I don't use opp instructions - but i will switch them on if i find one player is giving us the run around (usually torres)

Team talks I've already mentioned, there's great guides on here somewhere.

half time in short:

below 6 = angry

6 - 6.9 = disapointed

7-7.5 = have faith

7.6 above = pleased

9+ = delighted

The key to this game is definately moral - i use alot of individual player conversations, it's pretty easy to keep everyone happy!

This is for me BY FAR the best tactic out here for FM11. I've tested a million of tactics already, but this is for me the only one that brings consistency. I've played 20 games so far with Tottenham, won 19, draw 1 (against a friend in network game). I've only conceeded 5 goals (3 out of corners) and I've scored a lot of goals. The only thing I have changed is the attacking corner setup as I did not score any corners with the corner set up in this tactic. Great tactic, thanks for sharing it Minimal!

changed to this tactic beat man city away 2-1 im aston villa i got outplayed everywhere but nicked a sneaky win hope it will start a good run of results. how do i make it so i dominate the game any tweaks also to make the defense strong anyone on here using this n tweaked it having succsess??

Archived