FM11.3 • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS Returns (Again) V0.4 || 4-4-2 • • •

How many times do we see a thread like this ie: I am making a tactic then they post all there pics of how good there doing only not to put any links to the tactic ..

Why not make the thread when you have a tactic ready for others to try .

And also remenber there is a chance that he may never be happy with his work on the tactic there for the hole thread becomeing point less.

So again i say once your happy then make the thread

But he has his reputation from FM07 behind him.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't just the upload tactics and people download them section. It can be used for tactical discussion. Oh and acting like a complete tit isn't going to do anything.

This. The begging requests get a bit old after a while. "plz gief me tactic".

This. The begging requests get a bit old after a while. "plz gief me tactic".

100% agree.

Looking forward to your tactic, and giving it a try in my career game.

Release it when you are 100% happy with it, and not because anonymous clowns demand an incomplete version like they are entitled to it :thup:

Wow, now I remember why I havn't bothered releasing in previous versions!

I just got home from work, and will be cracking on with the tactic shortly.

But seriously, it's not a finished product - the offence is very good, but I cant get the defence where I want it ATM, and I've seen the amount of moans you get when it dosn't work for people, so it'll take as long as it takes!

I'm currently leaving it in Holiday mode with Stoke - I'll work on it from there, but I'm of the personal opinion that it'll be a big team tactic only, I really don't think you can get a good one size fit's all tactic without exploiting flaws in the match engine (which I'm yet to find in FM11).

Wow, now I remember why I havn't bothered releasing in previous versions!

I just got home from work, and will be cracking on with the tactic shortly.

But seriously, it's not a finished product - the offence is very good, but I cant get the defence where I want it ATM, and I've seen the amount of moans you get when it dosn't work for people, so it'll take as long as it takes!

I'm currently leaving it in Holiday mode with Stoke - I'll work on it from there, but I'm of the personal opinion that it'll be a big team tactic only, I really don't think you can get a good one size fit's all tactic without exploiting flaws in the match engine (which I'm yet to find in FM11).

I'm having the exact same problem with my defence, I'm thinking of moving a striker either into the MC or DM position, This might take away the attack slightly but it will be more stable.

I'm having the exact same problem with my defence, I'm thinking of moving a striker either into the MC or DM position, This might take away the attack slightly but it will be more stable.

It seems that the defenders just fall asleep half the time and don't bother to track movement in the box. I've been using with man marking, but may switch to Zonal to see if that helps - i swear it wasn't such an issue pre-patch!

The result above may be excellent, but it's been a case fo scoring an early goal and keeping the ball in the opponents half, so they dont get many chances and eventually fall apart.

BTW if you're willing I'm more than happy to share with an expert on more recent match engines, I'm working from the past here!

It seems that the defenders just fall asleep half the time and don't bother to track movement in the box. I've been using with man marking, but may switch to Zonal to see if that helps - i swear it wasn't such an issue pre-patch!

The result above may be excellent, but it's been a case fo scoring an early goal and keeping the ball in the opponents half, so they dont get many chances and eventually fall apart.

BTW if you're willing I'm more than happy to share with an expert on more recent match engines, I'm working from the past here!

I have dropped both my CM's into the DM position, The current ME helps keep them in position better and you don't have the 'gap' between the midfield and defence anymore. You have a gap between Midfield and attack but the link play between the wingers and strikers sorts that right out.

Try Tight man marking on the CB's and loose zonal on the fullbacks (my current settings) seems to be doing well for me.

I'll have a look at the tactic for you no problem

I have dropped both my CM's into the DM position, The current ME helps keep them in position better and you don't have the 'gap' between the midfield and defence anymore. You have a gap between Midfield and attack but the link play between the wingers and strikers sorts that right out.

Try Tight man marking on the CB's and loose zonal on the fullbacks (my current settings) seems to be doing well for me.

I'll have a look at the tactic for you no problem

My central midfilders both play brilliantly with their current setups and most of the play channels through them, so would hate to break it up, but I might drop one and go abit lop sided and see how that works.

My central midfilders both play brilliantly with their current setups and most of the play channels through them, so would hate to break it up, but I might drop one and go abit lop sided and see how that works.

Fair play if that works best for you, It could literally be a couple of minor tweaks to get things on track defensively

I think I've settled on the fact that's tactics are the least important they have ever been - on holiday mode even my tottenham team didn't do brilliantly, as soon as I return with team talks and individual player management to match those tactics we go on an unbeaten run.

Just goes to show you gotta get every area right and fit everything togther - Well done SI.

I think I've settled on the fact that's tactics are the least important they have ever been - on holiday mode even my tottenham team didn't do brilliantly, as soon as I return with team talks and individual player management to match those tactics we go on an unbeaten run.

Just goes to show you gotta get every area right and fit everything togther - Well done SI.

This tactic is still a step in the right direction though, i was struggling with my hull city side in the lower half of the table, drawing lots of games with my tactics the second half of the season with this tactic has seen us rise to within touching distance of the playoffs and reach the fa cup semi's

UPDATE 10/11/10

I'll release what I've got tonight with a couple of important reminders:

• Dosn't work for small teams at the moment.

• Works for technically strong teams (quick passing / accurate throughballs).

• Defence still needs work.

• Set peices sill need work.

Looking good Fuss.

Are you finding that both your strikers are scoring quite well?

Steve

Nope, it's all about the poacher at the moment - but Tottenham don't really start with anybody worldclass for the other up-front role, it's been rotated between Pav, Crouch and Kean (Kean is excellent when in form, but his form swaps dramatically)

Defore 46(1) apps = 39 goals

Pav 21(13) = 12

Kean 10(10) apps = 8 goals

Crouch 14(12) apps = 7 goals

You can see from the number of substitute apperances + starts that the other striker dosn't do brilliantly - goal wise Pav is probably worst, but he set's alot up so he's been my fave in that role. Hoping to bring in Lukaku to try him out there.

P.S.

I love defensive tactics, much prefere to win games 1-0 than 4-3 etc, and its good to see you have conceeded so little goals :)

Steve

I's not actually that defensive - more that it's very good at keeping the ball in the opositions half so they don't get many decent chances.

That's also the problem, if your team arn't passing and technically gifted then they will lose it and you will conceed.

Strange that this fella is so nervous about uploading what is clearly a very successful tactic (if all is as described).

Out of interest, did you buy / sell any players in the first window or simply go with what you had ? I saw the starting X1 but was wondering if you have a 100% happey and settled squad (which I think really helps).

If all is as it is described then Kudos to you for finding such a winning formula.

JUST PASSED MY DRIVING TEST (10 years late), NOW OFF TO WORK.

Strange that this fella is so nervous about uploading what is clearly a very successful tactic (if all is as described).

Out of interest, did you buy / sell any players in the first window or simply go with what you had ? I saw the starting X1 but was wondering if you have a 100% happey and settled squad (which I think really helps).

If all is as it is described then Kudos to you for finding such a winning formula.

-As I've said above, I really don't think the tactic can transform a failing team.

-I kept the core squad (cant seem to sell anyone in this version!) and added a left back (concer..con...the popular young lad).

-Team talks I do every oen indivudally, if you get less than 7 I'm disapointed, 7-7.2 get faith, above gets pleased (I'm often described as harsh/strict).

-I have conversations with my players all the time, any problem and we'll talk it through - I've found you need to stand you're ground with young players and they tend to apologise, and give the older players a bit more slack.

-Basically I've based my managment of various popular guides from around these forums - Read to suceed.

-There's no nervousness - this thread is titled 'sneak peak' and I've always said it's done when it's done = I still havn't completed my first season of the game yet for Pete's Sake!

That's great, many thanks Minimal Fuss. I look forward to trying it at some point tomorrow with my Liverpool team. I've re-trained Gerrard as a striker, do you think he could work well in the Trequarista role alongside poacher Torres?

He should be perfect! I'd like to give that a go myself.

seems interesting i want to test with my Juventus...when you think to post link for download?thanks

I can see this suiting the big italian sides, havnt tested outside the prem, but Juve have some good players for it to work.

To only concede 20 in 32 games is a massive achievement in my eyes!

Like you have said in your edited OP - my defence seems quite solid, but wingers crosses always result in goals - which makes my defence look like they're being ridiculously lazy!

Seems to be a problem cropping up all over the place, especially in the lower leagues - maybe I need to look into positioning and concentration stats some more?

Possible, I'm constantly tweaking to see if I can find the right balance, but perhaps my defenders are not good enough - you can't have it all though can you? 20 goals conceded with 6 games to go is very good, so don't look for something that doesn't need to be changed!

I think the harsh way you do your teamtalks probably means your harsh on yourself, when really you already have something that's very successful!

Anyway - look forward to plying with your tactic when your ready - and congratulations! :-D

I have been trying to replicate your tactic, using my players, but it seems I am not good enough. The opposition usually create the same number of chances like me. Even if they are a smaller team.

Their chances usually come on counter attacks and when, for example, the central defender that is the stopper attacks the ball, and a gap is created in the middle of the defence that sometimes is filled by a fast striker or winger.

I can also upload my tactic if needed... Or I can wait for yours, and compare and see where I was wrong.

UPDATE 10/11/10

I'll release what I've got tonight with a couple of important reminders:

• Dosn't work for small teams at the moment.

• Works for technically strong teams (quick passing / accurate throughballs).

• Defence still needs work.

• Set peices sill need work.

When it will be out ? :)

You deserve a facepalm.

Archived