For those of you struggling with Byteshield Activation Issues

Hi I had the same problem, but fixed it. I reinstalled the game and created a new ByteShield ID. I noticed that Norton then kindly deleted the FM.BBZ file, so I took that out of quarantine and it worked. The second I opened the game, it put the file back in quarantine! I'm trying and hoping that eventually Norton will stop deleting the file. I'm also hoping that Byte Shield won't run everytime I start the game.

Have people using Steam had the same problem? I think I would either use Steam or buy the DVD next time. I really hope SI sort this out for the next launch

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone tryed using AVG internet secuirity to see if the game works as you all know there is a problem with the other 3 mentioned.

I've got AVG Internet Security and the game doesn't work but I'm not so sure that's what is causing my problems as I uninstalled it completely to try the game but still wouldn't work :(

Ok Guys

I just removed The Zonealarm Toolbar and the Zonealarm taskbar sponsored by ASK and voilla...

The game has booted

I have left the main component of Zonealarm installed and its absolutely fine...

Sorted...cant believe it...only 4 days of pulling my hair out :D

Ahh its just so annoying i spent nearly £30 from game for this digital download, which i only did because my disk tray is broke so i decided to do this and realised it has been a complete waste of time. Everytime i click on the fm shortcut byteshield always comes up on the taskbar at the bottom but doesn't load when i try to open it. I've tried pretty much all the solutions that have been talked about and yet the game still says the same. If anyone has had the same problem and have got it working i would like to know. But hopefully all these problems will be sorted over the coming days because i really have been looking forward to playing this game and now i can't play it :( And what i don't get is the demo worked perfectly fine and you would think that the same principles would actually be there for the official game.. Please help i've been stressing for four days now trying to work out how to get it working, thanks.

I've played Football manager in every single version and was more than ready to accept problems with the game, but to not even be able to play it has really annoyed me. However i have sent 5 emails to Game, Metaboli, and Byteshield and no-one has replied!! Not one email to say we are looking into it and sorry about this problem! Terrible service

Day 5 and still unable to play this game, beginning to get a little peeved off about it. Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues after un-installing my securitty software, at least I know it's not something I'm doing wrong.

As for ByteShield, they have been more than useless to say the least. They have giving me a couple of suggestions which I have already tried and now have not replied any further. One of their suggestions was to visit this forum!

I received an email from Game today telling me to (you guessed it) disable my firewall and run as admin, even though my email to them clearly stated i had tried both things!! so Day 6 is over and still no FM 2011!!

It's starting to become a joke, and no more word from anybody on what to do :thdn:

My game just crashed and when I went to restart the application. The Byte shield application said there was update it had to download?

Did the problem get fixed? Or is this a routine update to Byteshield? Why did the game crash to be able to process it?

I had wished I gotten the dvd version now

Followed this advice posted by Direct2Drive today who I purchased the download from

http://supportcenteronline.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=4426

Tried this but still doesn't work for me. I'm now getting a different message when I try to start up now. I'm being told that I have no internet connection active or something along those lines when I do.

i have to disable my internet security to start it, then byteshield downloads files every time. however just now it is asking for my DAC code again and it cannot connect to server and is saying my product is not verifyied.... i would have thought i would just have to activate my product then never have to worry about this stuff again and be able to play when not connected to the internet and with my firewall on.

can i get a pm with whatever fix and stuff i need. thanks

i have to disable my internet security to start it, then byteshield downloads files every time. however just now it is asking for my DAC code again and it cannot connect to server and is saying my product is not verifyied.... i would have thought i would just have to activate my product then never have to worry about this stuff again and be able to play when not connected to the internet and with my firewall on.

can i get a pm with whatever fix and stuff i need. thanks

Just tried mine again and that's what I'm getting now. Saying that I have still not actually been able to access the game.

After 6 days of trying and looking for fixes I've had enough. E-mailed the company I bought it from last night requesting a refund and provided all evidence I have such as e-mails with Byteshield along with screen prints I have of my errors but had no response.

The server is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later. Is SOMEONE from SEGA going to respond already? Its asking again for my DAC code too....

According to ByteShield when I communicated direct with them about the unavailable server message that it sounds like something such as firewall is blocking it. This was after I had uninstalled both game and security system before installing the game again but still getting said message with everything uninstalled.

Beginning to think ByteShield don't have a clue about what's going on. They've been as much use as a fireguard.

to think i spent actual money for this. obv making a massive deal out of copyrights and stuff, but it actually penalises those who purchase the games and nearly a week in ppl still have problems. am annoyed at sega, but think that the byteshield software and support is just laughable.

Dear Football Manager 2011 Gamer,

On November 11, ByteShield experienced unanticipated technical difficulties, disrupting service for 2 hours. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The problem has been identified and corrected with no loss of activation data or dangers to data security. We are committed to providing a seamless experience. You are important to us and we are making every effort to avoid this happening again.

Thank you,

The ByteShield Team

FYI from Byteshield

We have reports of the following Internet Security (anti-virus,

anti-spyware and firewall) products interfering with ByteShield:

• Norton (Symantec) puts the ByteShield “.BBZ” file in quarantine.

This issue has been solved by Symantec on November 9, 2010. They

removed detection of the ByteShield files from within its products

including Norton. The updated detection was distributed in the next

set of virus definitions, available daily, or weekly via LiveUpdate,

depending on Symantec product version, or daily from their website at

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/defs.download.html.

Please check your quarantine and then restore it by selecting 'exclude

this file from future scan', and update your Norton by clicking on the

link above and then try to start game/application.

• ZoneAlarm (Check Point). Check Point has fixed the bug and will

release the fix in their next product release. Until then will

game/application only work with ZoneAlarm uninstalled.

• Other products that we suspect some time interfere with ByteShield’s

“.BBZ” file include AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee and Sophos. Please check

your quarantine and then restore it by selecting 'exclude this file

from future scan' and then try to start game/application.

If that doesn't work we suggest you try the following steps:

1. Uninstall game/application completely

2. Turn off your Internet Security (anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall)

3. Reboot

4. Re-install game/application

5. Run game/application in Windows Administrator mode (as per A. above)

6. Now run game/application using the shortcut or by double-clicking

on the game/application .EXE file.

7. In the first window login with your login name and password, click

“Ok” and game/application should start up

8. Turn your Internet Security on again

Dear Football Manager 2011 Gamer,

• ZoneAlarm (Check Point). Check Point has fixed the bug and will

release the fix in their next product release. Until then will

game/application only work with ZoneAlarm uninstalled.

• Other products that we suspect some time interfere with ByteShield’s

“.BBZ” file include AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee and Sophos. Please check

your quarantine and then restore it by selecting 'exclude this file

from future scan' and then try to start game/application.

Is that the next UPDATE or until they bring out their 2011 software?!?!

Also, just tried this method:

If that doesn't work we suggest you try the following steps:

1. Uninstall game/application completely

2. Turn off your Internet Security (anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall)

3. Reboot

4. Re-install game/application

5. Run game/application in Windows Administrator mode (as per A. above)

6. Now run game/application using the shortcut or by double-clicking

on the game/application .EXE file.

7. In the first window login with your login name and password, click

“Ok” and game/application should start up

8. Turn your Internet Security on again

And it said:

A new installation version of game is available. Do you want to download it now?

I said yes, but am now getting the error message:

Product demo - unsupported feature: binary

download

I press 'OK' and then:

Byteshield-10

Failed to update resource!

And the little byteshield window is saying there is no connection to the internet!

Can someone please tell me what is going on?! Or am I really going to have to wait until Zonealarm bring out an entirely new product before I can play it?

If so, refund time.

Now when I try to sign in I get...

New Installation

A new installation version of game available. Do you want to Download it now? with a Yes and No Button, I click no since yes fails...

Then I get

Unavailable

The Server is unavailable at the moment. Please Try again later.

Get rid of Byteshield they're obviously clueless

Also, just tried this method:

And it said:

A new installation version of game is available. Do you want to download it now?

I said yes, but am now getting the error message:

Product demo - unsupported feature: binary

download

I press 'OK' and then:

Byteshield-10

Failed to update resource!

And the little byteshield window is saying there is no connection to the internet!

Can someone please tell me what is going on?! Or am I really going to have to wait until Zonealarm bring out an entirely new product before I can play it?

If so, refund time.

I started getting this same message tonight, after I have been playing it for a week... should not be happening...

So a full week now and still no football manager 2011, emails to Games, Metaboli, Byteshield, Sega have all yielded nothing..... i've played every single version of this game and this is the support they offer.... Not even 1 reply, no information at all. I went into the Game store who told me it's nothing to do with them, so i asked who's problem it is and the guy just shrugged his shoulders...... I'm not sure who else i can ask for help??

The silence on this issue is absolutely deafening.

That's now a week since the game was released and there are still those of us out there who have been unable to access the game after trying all suggestions offered on here and by ByteShield who now also seem to have went silent on the matter.

After contacting the retailer for a refund request which seems to have been ignored I've decided to open a Paypal dispute as I am sick fed up of having a game that I am unable to play. It's got to the stage that I am so peed off with the amount of time it has taken to try get this up and running to no avail that I just want my cash back as it would appear we're getting nowhere fast.

I also had all these problems last night, and have had problems on and off all week. It really is a joke - Does the boxed copy use ByteShield, as I got mine from GetGames.com? Seriously thinking about requesting a refund and buying it on steam, I've never had any problems with that.

Apologies - we have spent all week working with ByteShield to try and reoslve these issues and unforunately they are still not fully resolved.

We are being told next Wednesday is the earliest that we will have a guaranteed fix in place - which is almost 2 weeks after the game release - this isn't good enough and we do know that.

I'm not sure what else I can say.

If you want me to speak to the digital partners on your behalf - please PM me - as it's our fault and you are being penalised unfairly

Thanks.

i bought FM 2011 this morning and downloaded and installed it about 4 hours ago and since then everytime i click on the desktop iceon all i get is an error message from byteshield saying " the server is unavaliable at the moment. please try again later" ive been trying for for hours but keep getting the same message, anyone any help?

Archived