£27m Transfer Budget From Nowhere - Is This A Bug?

AJ1

I am hesitant to report this as a bug however having seen no news items regarding any cash injections, loans to the club or substantial increases in financial revenue i am sitting here dumbfounded at my new transfer budget as manager.

I took over Sunderland at the start of the season with a transfer budget of £0. I complained at first to Miles, but he assured me that the majority of Sunderlands budget had been spent on a certain Asamoah Gyan. The board asked for my expectations and having a budget of £0 I had to opt for a top half finish which gave me a wage budget of £856,352 per week.

I converted the extra budget into a small transfer budget of ~£7m to spend on players.

I've been playing through and haven't seen one single news item relating to any increase in budget and I've been notified that a shortlisted players contract is expiring in 6 months time, so I've approached to sign him.

My transfer budget remaining at this point is £27,535,159 and the game thinks my budget for the season was £32,338,251 - which it wasnt.

I have investigated the clubs financials for the season so far and they are included below, still no sign of a £27m increase anywhere to accommodate the increase in funds.

Transfer Budget

a14jh0.jpg

Income

sy45jp.jpg

Expenditure

2dkg786.jpg

The only plausible explanation is there is a Gift Loan of £57m repayable on the departure of the chairman, but I'm not sure if that was there from the start of the game or if it was taken out after the start of the season, either way, there has been no notification to me as the manager of any loans being taken out to secure the clubs finances, and certainly no mention of any transfer budget increase.

If anyone can attempt to help explain this, It would be great.

:confused:

The loan is there from the start in my Sunderland games on the demo and on the full game I was given a transfer budget of around £20 million every November time, this happened on three games. Is it possible that you somehow missed the news item regarding the rise in transfer budget?

November time you say? - My news items go back to Wed 11th August and I cant find any mention of an increase, I've even filtered on "finances" and nothing except Liverpools transfer embargo - Its possible i've missed it, but surely it should still be visible if i had?

2rpaa6d.jpg

You can see from the searches i've done above on my news items im frantically trying to find out where the increase came from :)

"Cash" "Transfer" "Increase" "Budget" "Board" "Chairman" - turn up nothing at all.

Im starting to think its a bug .. :( which if it is, ruins my game!

It should be visible but it is the only thing I can think of that could have happened.

I originally thought i've missed the news item, but there wasn't a news item to miss, its not listed anywhere and my news items go back to Wed 11th August 2010 - If there was a news item, I would know about it.

I also got an extra £20m in November with Man Utd and everybody knows their financial position. Possible bug.

Im glad someone else, so thats me, you and AcidBurn who are all reporting the same increase in transfer budget.

It does seem a bit strange that there was no news item. I wrote the Sunderland team guide and remember looking for the news item but could not find it I figured I missed it or didn't search properly for it.

The sunderland team guide should be three words "Hope and Pray" lol - Good win against stoke today though so feeling happy - Joint with Spurs in the table now, and im 1-0 up at the lane in FM11 Bent after 6 minutes, switched to contain lol

The Everton one looks a strange, but Arsenal in-game are pretty flush with cash even with loans to pay off. Still, the idea of Wenger having 50 mil to spend sounds a bit odd.

Wenger does have a substantial amount to spend. He just wants to find youth.

so are you saying if i play as arsenal just say sometime like november or december i suddenly get extra £50 million from somewhere?

if so this is big and serious bug and make game unrealistic :(

please someone make comment on this

board give u a cash injection, well atkeast the arsenal board did for me

A lot of clubs in FM10 increased your transfer budget in November, including Everton, Genoa, Milan, Palermo and Barcelona from the clubs i've managed.

It appears this is also the case in FM11.

There are usually no extra funds being injected into the club and your balance remains the same.

I'm coming up to this part of the season and I def post if it happens. Hope SI comment but it has to be a bug if there's no new item...I mean it tells you pointless things you don't care about, so surely it would say: "Alright mate, u got another 20 million quid for your players btw" It's rather important. :)

I'm coming up to this part of the season and I def post if it happens. Hope SI comment but it has to be a bug if there's no new item...I mean it tells you pointless things you don't care about, so surely it would say: "Alright mate, u got another 20 million quid for your players btw" It's rather important. :)

Your telling me, I wouldn't mind knowing if I have an increased budget, im busy spending it already!

Going through all Premiership teams with FMRTE shows they quite a few have millions to spend around Jan window

Mine shows Sunderland has £37Million season budget (Infact they've spend £25.5M of it already)

It looks like every Premiership has gotten a massive transfer budget boost, which would explain why most has spend between £10M-£30M throughout January in my save

Defiantly something not right, especially after all the hoo-ah about teams not having much to spend for the first couple of seasons

I can list all teams budgets if someone wants

Edit: Also, it's not just the Premiership, top teams of Spain and Italy are suddenly getting millions to spend (Barcelona has £63M for example, and Inter £46M)

And blimey, the tables are all over the place, Sampdoria top of Serié A??? Sunderland leading the Prem? wow

Ive also noticed this, a lot of teams are making huge transfers in the January window...IRL generally speaking most clubs dont spend big during this window, and yet in my game several clubs have spent well over 20m on xmas spending spree's.

So much for the credit crunch lol

Well, SI did indeed say that they've tried to "limit" spending in the first transfer window because of the current economic climate, this could be a reflection on that. Not the most subtle way of implementing it, but hey, it works. The thing is, most clubs start out with little or no spending money, but the cash is around or available, so in november, when all the transfer windows are down and out and it's time to start planning for the january window, the boards "suddenly" (and with great timing) increase your kitty.

At least that's my two cents.

Thing is, does anyone really think we'll see that type of funding made available to clubs in a little under 2 months time?

I wouldn't expect to see that type of money being spent for at least another year (outside of the actual rich clubs)

Did a quick google search and found this on the BBC site, "With a new overseas TV rights deals for 2010-2013 worth more than £1bn, clubs will receive £7-8m extra each season" The spanish league is also in talks for a new tv deal that would see the smaller clubs get a bigger proportion of the TV money. Maybe the deal happened after your budget was decided.

It seems that every club is capable of signing top players somehow, must be this b........feature

In my game:

Aston Villa signed Pastore

Moscow signed Neymar

i got offered Iniesta and few weeks later CR7

Hopefully transfers will be more balanced in 11.2 or .3 lol

more:

Everton has Balotelli on 120k per week

Besiktas got Defour, Blanco, Toloi...

I am hesitant to report this as a bug however having seen no news items regarding any cash injections, loans to the club or substantial increases in financial revenue i am sitting here dumbfounded at my new transfer budget as manager.

I took over Sunderland at the start of the season with a transfer budget of £0. I complained at first to Miles, but he assured me that the majority of Sunderlands budget had been spent on a certain Asamoah Gyan. The board asked for my expectations and having a budget of £0 I had to opt for a top half finish which gave me a wage budget of £856,352 per week.

I converted the extra budget into a small transfer budget of ~£7m to spend on players.

I've been playing through and haven't seen one single news item relating to any increase in budget and I've been notified that a shortlisted players contract is expiring in 6 months time, so I've approached to sign him.

My transfer budget remaining at this point is £27,535,159 and the game thinks my budget for the season was £32,338,251 - which it wasnt.

I have investigated the clubs financials for the season so far and they are included below, still no sign of a £27m increase anywhere to accommodate the increase in funds.

Transfer Budget

a14jh0.jpg

Income

sy45jp.jpg

Expenditure

2dkg786.jpg

The only plausible explanation is there is a Gift Loan of £57m repayable on the departure of the chairman, but I'm not sure if that was there from the start of the game or if it was taken out after the start of the season, either way, there has been no notification to me as the manager of any loans being taken out to secure the clubs finances, and certainly no mention of any transfer budget increase.

If anyone can attempt to help explain this, It would be great.

:confused:

gees, shouldnt you be pleased you have extra transfer kitty ?

gees, shouldnt you be pleased you have extra transfer kitty ?

I guess.. but the whole point of getting the extra transfer money is by earning it in success not by being given it unrealistically, otherwise whats the point?

The money is only given due to having a decent bank balance I think. It would be interesting to know what the balance of these clubs is at the time of being given the extra transfer money. I had £25 million in the bank when I was given an extra £20 million to spend.

It's not a bug, it's always been in FM. If you have a very healthy bank balance, they will often give you money to spend for January. I'm assuming you had £30-40m+ as your bank balance at the time. Plus you originally had £0 budget. Nothing weird here, except for not receiving the 'board allocate you extra transfer funds' message.

It's not a bug, it's always been in FM. If you have a very healthy bank balance, they will often give you money to spend for January. I'm assuming you had £30-40m+ as your bank balance at the time. Plus you originally had £0 budget. Nothing weird here, except for not receiving the 'board allocate you extra transfer funds' message.

This is right, except finances shouldn't be balanced in such a way that so many clubs should be getting such massive injections so quickly. Nothing weird, what?

With top teams the FM finance modelling has always been wacko anyway, in that you just keep snowballing hundreds of millions with no effort no matter what kind of crippling loans you have. This just makes things sillier.

Sunderland's Bank Balance is 0 :p

I am not sure what the bank balance was to be honest at the start, and I am pleased that i have the extra money even if it is difficult to sign the calibre of player im looking for, but when it is all said and done, this increase has come out of nowhere, and it is happening for every other team pretty much.

People playing as Everton, Arsenal, Man Utd, Barcelona have all reported similar increases, which to me seems a little unrealistic.

If the club are giving me a budget of £0 thats because there is no money available for me to spend, so my question is, how in the space of 2 months do the club manage to give me a budget of £27m?

Im not sure if this has anything to do with how the game works but around the start of October is when clubs IRL release all the figures about turnover/expenditure for the previous year. Thats why recently it was in the press about Man Utd's debt but David Gill also said there was £160m put aside for transfers if need be. If the game takes into account things like this (which I highly doubt it does) it would make sense that clubs get a increase in budget. But you have to look at in perspective. Clubs like Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea may be able to get away with this but there is no way a team like Sunderland can go from £0 to £25-35m in the space of 2 months.

Archived