dafuge's FM11 challenge

Note: I'm playing on full match for anyone is wondering how its going so it may take awhile. Its going to be one heck of a day I'm sure. I'll have the full day play by play as soon as the matches are all over. I don't want to post it piece by piece or I'll spam the whole page :p

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks, I'm having a problem. All my games are being played out text-only, apart from replays in 3D. This started happening earlier this week and I have no idea why. I didnt ask it to happen, and I didnt change any settings, it just suddenly started happening. Have restarted steam, restarted my PC, installed the hotfix, the works. Any idea? I get an empty pitch with scrolling text, and just see replays of the goals - no "live" action at all. On any camera angles (including 2D). any idea why?

I've had Scott Fitzgerald injured for most of the season and even when he was fit I was playing other strikers ahead of him, then in his first start he

and he even did a back heel to Nathan Rooney in the build up. I think its safe to say that he's played his way into the starting line up now.

KLH84 - can I just say as a Watford fan that's one of the best results I've seen on this thread so far and good luck against Liverpool.

The Battle of Anfield

Liverpool 1 - Hastings Utd 1

How we withstood 20 shots on goal and only conceded 1 goal is a mystery. If I'm honest I would rather have lost the game because fixtures are starting to kill my squad and we're in danger of burning out. Obviously I'm absolutely chuffed to have Liverpool coming to Hastings but...promotion is key here!

The other plus side to this result is the £700k that has come into my bank balance. I'm certain I won't be allowed to use it but nevermind eh?

Final Day Play by Play - Extended highlights only for all games!

All times are in Chippenham game time. Bold Items happen during the Chippenham vs Newport Co. match.

Minute 8: Dartford have gotten off to on a fantastic start. White scores in the 5th minute to give them a 1 goal lead! (Reminder: Dartford must win!)

Eastleigh have going ahead 1-0 on a Hendry penalty in minute 6. (Eastleigh can not win)

Dover has taken a 1-0 leader over Braintree on a Charles goal. (Dover can not win)

Minute 12: First real action in the Chippenham match. Newport Co.'s Clark has a shot on goal that is saved, but forced wide for a corner. No changes elsewhere.

Minute 14: Bagshaw picked up an injury for Chippenham. He's had to come off. Ethan Mannion is being brought in to replace him.

Minute 18: Newport Co.'s Clark finds himself in behind the defense. He fires from the edge of the box but its saved by Jansson!

Minute 20: Somehow the braintree v Dover match is behind our game by several minutes. Braintree's K. Davies has just scored in the 17th minute their to even the tie at 1. (Dover can not win)

A great counter attach see O'Connor loft it ahead to Mannion. Mannion plays a wonderful through ball to Gibson who is behind the defense. Gibson slots it by the keeper to give Chippenham a 1-0 lead! (Chippenham is now in the 5th and final playoff spot)

Minute 22: Newport Co. has another attempt on goal, saved made by Jansson!

Minute 23: Newport Co.'s Reid fires a laser from the top of the box into the far corner. The tie is now level at 1-1. (Chippenham falls back to 8th)

J. Poole Scores for H&RB to make it 1-0 over Bishop's stortford. (H&Rb can not gain +6 GD even if Chippenham win)

Minute 26: Newport Co., earns a free kick after an Adam Forshaw foul from a dangerous spot. Fortunantly it is fired well wide.

Minute 28: Knott fires in a cross looking for Mannion in the box. Its intercepted and knocked behind the goal. Corner for Chippenham.

Knott whips the corner towards the back post. O'Connor heads it back across the goal, but its tipped over by the keeper. Another corner for Chippenham.

The second corner finds its way into a wide open space in the middle of the box. There are no Chippenham players there and its cleared.

Eastleigh's Ralph makes it 2-0. They are now sitting confortably in 4th position. (Eastleigh can not win)

Minute 32: Cole lobs a pass to Hubbins who is streaking into the box. Newport Co.'s Todd makes a challenge and knocks him down! Chippenham are appealing for a penalty, but none is given.

McCabe finds an open Forshaw in the middle of the pitch. Forshaw attempts a long range shot but it is well high.

Minute 33: Newport Co.'s Mattijs gets a header on goal. Saved by Jansson.

Minute 35: H&R's Ian Hodges adds a second to make it 2-0 over Bishop's Stortford. (H&RB can't gain more than +6 GD if both win)

Newport Co.'s clark beats his man and has a shot on goal. Jansson comes up with another important save!

Minute 37: Chippenham's Day lobs a beautiful pass to Mannion at the edge of the box. Mannion plays a through ball to Hubbin's who is making a run at the far post!. Hubbins slots it home to make it 2-1 Chippenham! Newport Co. are appealing for offsides, but the goal will stand. (Chippenham move up to 6th)

St. Albans's McKenna has pulled 1 back to make it 2-1 Eastleigh. (Eastleigh must not win)

Minute 40: Newport Co's Clark takes another shot. It goes well wide.

Minute 43: Chippenham's Gibson takes a shot from outside the box that also sails wide.

Minute 45: Clark has another shot go wide. He has been Newport Co.'s best player by far this match. 2 minutes of stoppage time will be played.

Minute 45(+1) Mannion makes a run from midfield and gets a shot on target. Saved by the Newport Co. keeper.

Minute 45(+2) The wistle blows for half time!

I've decided to go ahead and post a halftime update. If everything were to finish as it stands, Chippenham would finish 6th and miss out on the playoffs by GD. Amazingly, GD is all that seperates 3-8 at this point. Positions 3-8 are all level on 70 points, and GD would decide 3 of the 4 playoff positions! What a day this is going to be.

HENDON DONS 2013/14 SEASON REVIEW: League 2

Squad

CUPS:

Lost round 1 in League Cup and JPT.

FA CUP:

4th round draw at home against Birmingham. :D. Lost 0-1

BOARD SAYS MY JOB PERFORMANCE HASN'T DESERVED AN EARLY EXTENSION(1st in L2)? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE EFF.

My board is now 100% certified BS and I hope these a-holes gtfo soon(I was all gimme extentsion NOW so they did).

woohoo in same discussion they'll grant training upgrades. woo they suck slightly less now.

Playoff secured with 4 games to go. just need 2 points to secure promotion.

Darlington Manager tips me for promotion. GASP SHOCK what a bold statement.

Board give me an extra 725k transfer budget with 3 matches to go, and after ive been promoted. SO HELPFUL!

Record:

WINS:28

DRAWS:8

LOSSES:10

League Table

Key Signings:

Transfers

MC-Alan McCormack-2 years-$1500/wk age: 29(at start)

Games Played:39

Goals:5

ASsists:5

MoM:2

AVG Rating:7.04

Pretty much this guy was just a staple of the team.

ST- David Ball-2 years-$1900/wk age:23(at start)

Games Played: 39

Goals:20

ASsists:8

MoM:6

AVG Rating:7.26

DC-Bailey Wright-2 years-$1900/wk age:20(when signed)

Games Played:12

Goals:2

tackles/90:1.14

MoM:2

AVG Rating:7.04

Thoughts:

Season went as planned, except I wasn't expecting a deep run in the FA Cup.

I went on a long run of good form, which ended abruptly, and was follwed by some less

than stellar performances. For the most part I was fine with any top 3 position, and winning

was fine. Did I mention how much I like that it's not only the top spot getting for sure promotion

from here on out? Next season I will get a bunch of new guys, and expect to promote again.

This is where it starts to get slightly more difficult, and where I feel the mindless grind to get

here is now over and we will see a slight increase in actual difficulty.

Loads of players seem to turn down higher clubs on this version. A few players have chosen me over league sides who have offered them deals too. And its not just me. I rashly offered 2 players contracts but withdrew my offer when league sides started sniffing and I found cheaper options.. and I kept getting news items saying they'd snubbed league sides over and over. Eventually they ended up going to places like Marine... Bizarre. Maybe squad status means much more in this version and they're not happy warming the bench at league clubs.

And we are back for the second half! Chippenham lead 2-1 at the break, but it won't be enough for them to make the playoffs. With 3-8 level on points, everything is still to play for. Just about everyone in Hardenhuish Park has broken out the cellphone to try and find out what is going on around the rest of the league.

Final Day Play by Play - Extended highlights only for all games!

All times are in Chippenham game time. Bold Items happen during the Chippenham vs Newport Co. match.

Start of the Second Half

Minute 50: Chippenham play the ball into the box and the officials whistle blows. The crowd is shouting for a penalty, but the referee has called the foul on the Chippenham player.

Minute 51: Newport Co. crosses the ball into the box. Clark makes a diving bid and makes contact with it! Chippenham keeper Jansson comes up with a fine save to stop the close range effort.

Minute 53: Word slowly filters into the stadium that lowly Dartford has scored a second goal to regain their lead over Wellingham. It is now 2-1 there. If that results stands, Chippenham would slip into the playoffs in 5th! The roar from the fans can only drive the Chippenham players to keep going!

Minute 56: Newport Co. are going to make a change. Its Gary Warren on for Chris Todd.

Minute 59: Newport Co.'s Reid plays a wonderful through ball to Mathjis down on the byline. Mathjis crosses it directly across the face of the goal, but no one is able to get to it and tap it in. Thats a lucky break for Chippenham.

Minute 60: The Chippenham manager has decided to make a change. Luke Hubbin's scored the go ahead goal for Chippenham, but has since picked up a slight knock. He leaves the field to a standing ovation and is replaced by Frederick Champion.

Minute 65: Substitute Champion has a long range shot on target from the wing. The Newport Co. Goalkeeper flubs it, but no one is able to pounce on the rebound.

Minute 66: Newport Co. are making a substition. Its Darryl Knights on for George Baldock. Clearly Newport Co. is not prepared to lose this game even though they would still make the playoffs. (AN: This is scaring me now. If something happens it will be two Dafuges challenge legends to change this, Charlie Sheringham (who scored for Dartford) and Darryl Knights.

Chippenham have launched a breakout counter-attack! Champion makes the run to midfield and then dumps it ahead to a wide open Mannion with only the keeper to beat! His shot looks to be on target but the Newport keeper had come way off his line to cut down the angle and makes an accrobattic save!

Minute 77: Darryl Knights powers a cross in from the corner. Newport Co.'s clark is perfectly positioned for the header and its on goal! Jansson does well to tip it over the bar. On the ensuing corner the wistle has blown in the box, but its for an offensive foul and the pressure is temporarily relieved.

Minute 80: Champion has another long range shot from the wing. Again the Newport Co. keeper bobbles it and again no one is there to tap it in. Surely this must be driving the Chippenham manager insane. 1 more goal would probably settle the match for good.

Knights leads a counter-attack for Newport Co. Clark finds himself in space at the edge of the box and fires the shot! Chippenham fans hold their breaths as it sails inches wide of the far post. Chippenham are playing with fire but not putting this one away. Can they hold on?

Bishshop's Stortford have pulled 1 back against Hampton and Richmond. If current results hold this will have no effect on whether H&R make the playoffs, but there is still time left.

Minute 82: Chippenham are going to make a change. Its Ronnie Hawkins on for Knott. Knott is clearly the better of the two, so perhaps he has picked up a knock. Of course it could just be a timewasting ploy by the Chippenham manager.

Forshaw has a long range effort on target. The Newport Co. keeper makes the easy save.

Minute 85: Newport Co.'s Mathjis has a long range effort. The ball was curling beautifully into the corner, but a diving save from Jansson kept it out.

Minute 88: Champion has gone down and needs medical attention. The Chippenham boss looks concerned as he has already used his last sub. Champion is forced to come off and Chippenham will be a man down for the remaining few minutes of the game.

Minute 90: The chippenham crowd has suddenly gone very quiet. Something must have happened somewhere else. Ah here we go, it looks as if Dover have scored to take the lead at home against Braintree. That jumps them all the way up to 3rd and knocks Chippenham out of the playoff picture.

Minute 90(+4): The final whistle has blown! Chippenham wins 2-1. There is very little celebration around the ground though. The players are looking slightly confused. No one has the heart to tell them Dover has just scored again in the 3rd minute of stoppage time to secure their win. The season is over for Chippenham Town.

End Final Day Recap

I'm absolutely gutted. If you had asked me at the start of the day, I probably would have been happy to win and still not make the playoffs. There were just too many things that had to go exactly my way for it to happen. To have it all go right until the 90th minute, and then to lose it to something I have no control over is harsh. 6th is still a fantastic finish to the season, but right now it just all feels empty. Season recap to be posted at some point later in the day, but right now I need a drink.

Unlucky Quavis mate, great updates though. I enjoyed reading through them. I feel your pain.

And congrats Gypsum on making the 4th round. I'm still yet to win a single cup tie. Or playoff match for that matter. I'm not enjoying knockout stuff so far on this game.

Hello - sorry to go back to the OP, but I am having trouble dl'ing the links 1,2 or 3. I manage to save no. 2 into C: Program Files\SI\FM11\Data\Updates, but when I go into preferences - extra files there is nothing there. Any idea's? Thanks.

My Colwyn Bay pre-season went badly in terms of match results. The screenshot was taken a couple of games into the season. After my first game, I was first in the league! Shame I lost my second league game, but it was a very close game.

friendlies and first two league games.

I've signed ten players so far in my first season. Here they are. They're all pretty key signings, but the player I'm happiest about signing is Michael O'Halloran.

Chippenham Town Season Review - BSS - 2011/12

Media Prediction: 22nd

Actually Finish: 6th

League Table

League Positions Graph

We missed out on the playoffs on goal difference on the final day. 6th is a fantastic conclusion to a season that did not start well at all for me. I made many mistakes this first season as a manger and I think we are positioned well to bounce back and win the BSS next year.

Transfers Part 1 & 2 - I brought in way to many players at the start and could not get the squad to gel. As better players became available in the year, many of the guys I bought it never came close to the first team. They are all on long term contracts and will be a drag on wages until I can offload them again.

Squad

I think the squad as it stands now is good enough to secure automatic promotion next season. I will still be looking to strengthen it wherever possible in the off season if I can free up the budget to do so. I still cant get the best players available from last season to talk to me this year, so chances of the best from this next year signing right away are slim. Unless there is someone I just have to sign, I'm going to try and take it easy on new recruits (always easier said than done).

Best Players

GK

Mr. Butterfingers / Stats vs Oscar Jansson / Stats - The stats actually make it look even closer than it was. As soon as Oscar joined us we really started to turn the season around. I had no idea what eccentricity did prior to this year, and I will never again make that mistake. Avoid it like the plague!

Defense

Anthony O'Connor - A rock in the back line. His signing dramatically improved my back four and helped to stem the flood of goals we had been allowing. Defense is still a major weak point on the squad that I will be hoping to improve. I really need a lock down partner for O'Connor.

Midfield

Rhys McCabe - Rhys was another late signing that made a big impact. His creativity and play making ability gave the strikers a needed boost and allowed them to flourish after he was signed.

Luke Hubbins - Luke was in-effective for over half of the season and it was completely my fault. I had used him as a wide midfielder and he didn't seem to think he should be running at people. With 15 pace, he was wasting his most powerful asset. When I moved him to the winger role and allowed him to run at the defense, he became much more effective. He will either be used again in this role next year, or possibly be moved up to ST to allow his pace to allow him to run at slow central defenders. The winger spots are weak points in my midfield that I need to improve this off season.

Strikers

Felix Gibson was my Captain and leading scorer with 18 goals. He struggled early in the season, but was much more comfortable once Rhys joined to feed him through balls. I also changed the way I was usuing him from a denfensive forward setting up the goals to a supporting target man. When he didn't have to drop quite as deep for the balls he was able to run at defenders more and created more chances.

Callum Bagshaw - When not injured Callum played best as my super sub. If i brought him on late his lack of pace didn't seem to hurt him as much and he did well. If i started him, he didn't play nearly as well. If he doesn't leave during the off season, he will be restricted to playing off the subs bench next season.

Cups

The cups were a complete disaster for us as mentioned in my mid season update. We bombed out of both very early. While it probably help us in our late run to try and secure a playoff spot, it crushed us financially.

Finances

I was bleeding money all season. By season end our balance was -80k. My average attendance was only around 300 until the very end of the season. The only games that saw 600+ crowds were the opener and the season finale on the last day when we had a shot at promotion. I'm hoping to stay higher in the table next season, as well as hoping to have a successful fan day to get those attendances up. I'm hoping I can sell of a few extra parts during the transfer window to raise some money. If not I will likely have to play at least a couple big money pre-season games which I do not like to do. Hopefully next year we can at least have some sort of cup run as well.

The Board

So far my board has been relatively good to me. At the start of the season they increased my maximum amount of scouts. I couldn't find 6, but at least they let me try. Later towards the end of the season, I asked for the board to allow me to scout the rest of Europe. They disagreed at first, but were talked into it. At this point I can't afford the trips, and anyone who I might find probably wouldn't sign for me. However, this will be critical in the future and I'm glad they have agreed to it so early. The final thing I asked for this season was for more coaching spots. Again they told me they didn't agree the spots were needed, but again I was able to convince them to let me have them anyways. I hope to find some new coaches for these spots in the off season.

Goals for the off season:

Offload some of the squad deadwood. Bring in 3-4 key players to strengthen the squad. Sign extra coaches to improve the training regimen.

Career Overview

Season              League                     Final Pos.              Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12       Blue Square South             5th                

Chippenham Town 100+ club

Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
(Dates at club)

No entrants yet

Hello - sorry to go back to the OP, but I am having trouble dl'ing the links 1,2 or 3. I manage to save no. 2 into C: Program Files\SI\FM11\Data\Updates, but when I go into preferences - extra files there is nothing there. Any idea's? Thanks.

Make sure you put in the right folder within updates. It needs to be in updates\update-1110 (or new one if hotfix created it)\db\1110\edt\ .

I'm torn between my FC United save, and my Colwyn Bay save. Both are becoming quite fun to play, but which do you all think will be a more interesting team to manage after a few seasons?

My guess would be Colwyn Bay would be harder. FC united starts with a much bigger advantage due to the higher reputation as well as a big ground (which helps financially). Everyone who is playing as FC united seems to sign the people who still wont talk to me :p

However, as you are obviously and FC united fan, you may prefer to go with them. It will help keep you interested much longer long term, even when things don't go so well. In the end its all personal preference :)

I'd forgotten how much of a pain trying to find staff is in fm2011 in the BSS. Everyone wants 700+ and I can still only offer 110 lol. Would be nice if the "Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets" would automattically get rid of the stupid wage ones.

Marine A.F.C.

1257848796_29.jpeg

2011/2012 Season

Media Prediction = 22nd

Actual Position = 1st

League Table - The Blue Square North title was sealed on the final day of the season with an unconvincing 3-2 victory over Lowestoft, fan favourite Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu scoring a brace. Despite the fantastic and unexpected success, I still have some reservations about my teams ability after they began to falter towards the end of the season. Stepping up a league will be a real challenge, and i'm going to have to make some big changes. A limited wage budget may hinder my progress, however.

Highlight of the Season - Marine vs Plymouth A fantastic victory for the club, and also a big financial boost. The only drawback is seeing their kit sponsor and really craving a Ginsters pasty, which are rather tricky to get hold of in Canada :/ Managed to go 2-0 up at Wigan in the next round before falling to a 5-2 defeat.

2012/13 Season

Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction - 24th

Starting Squad - As you can see, I have once more nearly changed my entire team. I have alot of faith in my strong strike force this season. I may regret telling the board that I am expecting to win the Blue Square Premier title this season but you never know!

Captain - Oliver Nicholas Vice-Captain - Pablo Couñago

Let me know if you want to see any additional screenshots, time is fairly tight atm so its difficult to do a full update

I'd forgotten how much of a pain trying to find staff is in fm2011 in the BSS. Everyone wants 700+ and I can still only offer 110 lol. Would be nice if the "Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets" would automattically get rid of the stupid wage ones.

I'm gonna drop some names of people I found. In general, I found that if I set reputation to obscure, anyone that still comes up I have at least a chance to sign. The following guys I found I consider very nice for the BSS. I've signed them long term, so I'm sure their stats will plummet lol. Both are ex-players so should appear in most peoples games.

Gary Hart - Will likely be my Str/Aerobic trainer for next year.

John Purdie - Should be an excellent Defense/tactics coach.

Again, your milage may vary.

Edit: My new scout, found the same way as with coaches. Another ex-player. Definitely a keeper!

Andy Bott

I've made the playoffs again. A position higher this season. 4th I finished. Fleetwood threw the title away, Stafford won the league who were below me when I said Fleetwood were out of reach. Damn my last few results.

Am not too confident considering my last 3 results.. after a tremendous run from february to early april I go into the playoffs on the back of 3 games without a win and a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Worcester. :(

Results (Clicky)

I've made the playoffs again. A position higher this season. 4th I finished. Fleetwood threw the title away, Stafford won the league who were below me when I said Fleetwood were out of reach. Damn my last few results.

Am not too confident considering my last 3 results.. after a tremendous run from february to early april I go into the playoffs on the back of 3 games without a win and a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Worcester. :(

Results (Clicky)

GL Scooty :thup: Prior to the final few games it looks like you were on a roll. Hopefully the lads can find that form again!

Bah! I hate Playoffs!

Boo Hoo

Was all going fine until I had 2 men sent off and a player injured. Cruel. :(

2 years in a row. Need to go for the title next season.

Full season update will come when I've recovered from that.. probably in about 3 days :p

Doh! Knockout games are brutal. They are hard enough with 11 men on the pitch, much less with 8! At least you got the game to stoppage time. I'm sure you'll get promoted next year.

Make sure you put in the right folder within updates. It needs to be in updates\update-1110 (or new one if hotfix created it)\db\1110\edt\ .

Thanks for your reply. My folders only go upto Sports Interactive/FM11/Data/Updates, there doesn't seem to be an Update-1110. Apologies, my knowledge is limited on things like this.

Looking forward to starting this challenge, not sure which club to start with, but preferably someone with a rep of below 1000.

A small update.

I got promoted in my first season by winning the Blue Square South league, so I'm now in the Blue Square Premier.

I've made a few new signings (all for free, as I don't have a transfer budget) and I sold my first player for £4.5K

sig.php?u=10048

A bit of an ill tempered match!

Got a dilemma coming up. Next match i'm playing 2nd place Mansfield who are my only real competition for 1st place, but a few days later we've got Swindon in the FA cup. There's no way my first choice player will be capable of playing both. So i'm thinking of saving them for the cup. But losing to Mansfield could be a big blow to morale... decisions, decisions...

A small update.

I got promoted in my first season by winning the Blue Square South league, so I'm now in the Blue Square Premier.

I've made a few new signings (all for free, as I don't have a transfer budget) and I sold my first player for £4.5K

sig.php?u=10048

Gratz on promotion mate :)

Good luck for new season!

A bit of an ill tempered match!

Got a dilemma coming up. Next match i'm playing 2nd place Mansfield who are my only real competition for 1st place, but a few days later we've got Swindon in the FA cup. There's no way my first choice player will be capable of playing both. So i'm thinking of saving them for the cup. But losing to Mansfield could be a big blow to morale... decisions, decisions...

Sorry can't resist

This :p

Forget morale! Just get the cup money and sign some happy players!

Archived