dafuge's FM11 challenge

Questions of the day: Has anyone managed to sell a player yet? (apart from frees). If so, what is the biggest transfer fee you have been able to receive? Has anyone actually paid anything for a player yet?

As people are starting to climb the leagues I figure someone has to be doing some buying and selling by now. Is it easier/harder to move people that prior years?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The dates on these all put them as FM 2010 kits. It was my understanding (and in the Skinning forum sticky) that face-packs and logos from 2010 worked OK in FM 2011, but that kits did not. Can you confirm that these kits are actually working in-game for fm2011?

Still catching up on the rest of the thread and should have a feedback post up soon.

Working 100%. I think you are referring to the 2010 3d kits which don't work if I recall. Don't know if they are 09/10 season but Colwyn Bay are for this season so great for me.

Colwyn Bay Kits

Got my FM fully set-up now with mega facepack and icons.

Questions of the day: Has anyone managed to sell a player yet? (apart from frees). If so, what is the biggest transfer fee you have been able to receive? Has anyone actually paid anything for a player yet?

As people are starting to climb the leagues I figure someone has to be doing some buying and selling by now. Is it easier/harder to move people that prior years?

Managed to sell Antal for 24k + 16k over 18 months and 10% of profit but he is the only one I've manged to get cash for others have been free and one was £0 and 30% sell on. Even droping transfer prices really low it's hard to get interest never mind offers.

Not spent a penny on Transfers fees but I do offer sign-on fees to lower wages down on players who want more than what I can offer.

Gypsum: Congrats on promotion! How did you manage to have a 610 average attendance with Chippenham? I think I'm averaging about half of that :( With that kind of average how do your finances look? I'm currently bleeding money horribly.

Thanks. I just checked the stats and I think that's just my league average. Overall, it was 696 thanks to an FA cup run, i'm sure a playoff semi, and the final being at my ground helped too. But the season before it was 576, so not really that much of a jump. I am currently £100k in the red, but I think that's due to all the signings i've just made. At the end of last season I think it was more like -£20k.

Second season in the BSS (hurrah) and I've just sold my first player. For £1.

So much for 4/5 star rated players, mr scout. Things dont appaer to be going fantastically, so I'm just hoping I can keep myself safe from relegation. At least it feels realistic, in that we are struggling and not rampaging our way to the top.

Gypsum: well done. It's always nice to see other managers sign Saric. He was a legend for my 2010 game :D

Good to hear! I recognised the name and he's been cracking so far, 2 goals and 4 assists with a 7.70 rating. I also signed Ignasi Miquel because I remembered him from a previous challenge, and he looks like a beast in the BSP. So when I run out of players to look at when sorting by stats, I just have a scan through and see which names I recognise from this thread and they usually turn out to be decent!

Good to hear! I recognised the name and he's been cracking so far, 2 goals and 4 assists with a 7.70 rating. I also signed Ignasi Miquel because I remembered him from a previous challenge, and he looks like a beast in the BSP. So when I run out of players to look at when sorting by stats, I just have a scan through and see which names I recognise from this thread and they usually turn out to be decent!

I have Miquel! He's been doing rather good in the BSP.

Hi - I'd like to participate with this challenge too.

I joined in with the FM10 challenge until my computer hard drive died :(

So fingers crossed this time around. After a few reloads, I've settled as manager of Carshalton Athletic

Manager ScreenShots - hope the links work:

http://tinypic.com/r/qqebe8/7

http://tinypic.com/r/dqqfyo/7

I'm not the quickest at whizzing through the seasons, but I'll be sure to update through the season :)

First season update

Finish position: 3rd (playoff winners!) http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4396/footballo.png

Team: http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5303/football.png

Everyone in the first team and reserve team released, brought a few to many players so I released a few but you can see my first team above. Omar koroma and fagan were basically the reason we went up scoring 30 and 20 goals respectively.

Good luck Regariol.

12 games in to the season and managed my first clean sheet. Pitty we couldnt score either, which is just teh fourth time we have failed to score.

@Mt Mckinlay, I feel sorry for Hampton there, with their goal difference the same as the team above.

Darren1983: So close! Playoffs can be a toss-up and 3 penalties conceded in one match probably would have the neighbors checking in to make sure I was OK. 20th to 2nd in one season is quite the improvement though and I'm sure you can get promoted next season!

Thanks mate - almost threw my laptop at the wall after the 3 pens! Just building my team for promotion next season - thinking of changing from my 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-2 to help

Congratulations, Jordan. Great job on the scoreline too.

Just had my first ever fan day on FM. Apparently, it was a success after a pretty decent 2v2 draw with fellow promotionites, or relegation rivals, Histon.

@Darren. I got lucky on pens and seemed to have a similar story as you - I finished 19th first season before grabbing 4th, but thankfully, I got my penalties right unlike the opposition,

Leamington FC - End Jan Update 2011/12

After 26 games we are in 10th just 6 points off the playoff places but only 9 points above relegation so it still could go either way. We are also through to the 3rd rd of the FA Trophy where we have a tough away game at Kettering who are 2nd in the BSP

With a wage buget of just £3,600 I have managed to bring in 42 players ( I must be related to Barry Fry) & I still have £300 left to spend but only £29,000 left in the bank. This is my current 1st team squad & a lot of the other signings are youngsters who will probable never make it due to the abismal training facilitys & also due to the fact I cannot get any good coaches for the £65 per week my board allow me to offer. I did get Scott Hiley to agree to be my Ass man for £50 after many weeks of trying. It seems strange that the Ass man Budget was lower than for the coaches & scouts.

The team are now starting to play well after a poor start to the season with 4 red cards for my central defenders in the first 15 games. Also I do not think my players understand tactics as they seem to create more chances when I tell them to defend.

I have just been informed I won The January Manager of the Month Award for winning 4 out of 5 Games.

Second season is going pretty much the same way as the first. The performances seem much improved, we're having the better of most games but sometimes falling a bit short. Last season we were often outplayed but managed to scrape results.

I'm encouraged though. Hopefully with the way we're playing it will suddenly come together and we can start winning.

Sam Williams has come in and done fantastic. He's been immense for me on the past couple of versions of FM so when I saw him on the free players list I couldn't resist. Kieran Murtagh was amazing on my Nuneaton game last season also so I've brought him in and he is doing a fine job in the centre. Shame whoever I play alongside him in the middle seems to get injured. Luke Joyce has just done his cruciate ligaments.. at least 10 months out. :(

Finances are still falling rapidly, despite me cutting down on wages and now being nearly £1,000 a week under budget. Doesn't seem to be helping much though so I may splash out soon to try and make sure we get promoted this season. In time success will sort out the debt right?..

James Woods to Llanelli for 24k

Hendon Dons 1st Half Report: 2013/14-League 2

WINS: 13

DRAWS: 7

LOSSES:3

Position: 1st(barely) Top 6 are within 6 points.

ooh 1st game manager has sympathy for me. First time the opening day manager wasn't a giant douche. neat.

SARIC MUST BE STOPPED.

Games I choose to comment on:

Game: 1 @Torquay

Phil Imray kicks it deep on a free kick, to be intercepted and driven deep into torquays half. A Torquay defender gathered it up only to be met by David Ball who took the ball and slotted it in easily for a 1-0 lead.

Chris Zebroski scores a header off a free kick(seriously annoying every goal is like off a free kick or corner or something ugh)

1-1 half.

Right off the start in the 2nd half David Ball crosses it into Nikola Saric who heads it in 2-1.

Sebastien Carole on for Jim Paterson in the 62nd.

Alan McCormack absolutely scorches one from 30 yards out to make it 3-1. Another assist for Ball, but what a finish.

Alan Navarro in for Marceo Rigters in the 71st.

A shot off the woodwork(Ball), and a superb save(on Saric) keep this score at 3-1 instead of 4-1 heavy pressure though.

It wasn't even a fair game.

57/43 pos.

17-6 shots

5-1 shots on goal.

yeah this team is good.

My board are a bunch of hardasses. ugh.

League cup 1st round at home against Colchester. Should lose since im playing mostly bench guys, since 3 games in 7 day span. lost 0-2 actually looked better but goalie stuffed us.

Johnstones Paint Trophy draw against L1 Barnet. At least it's at home.

Game #4: at home against Northampton

Finally a manager trash talking me. Says I won't be in league 2 next season. *cause i'll be in league 1???*

Bignall scores for northampton 14th minute. 0-1 ungh.

Nikola Saric scores on a rebound in the 42nd minute. 1-1

Bignall scores again to make it 1-2. right back kept him onside :(

Hasmet Taskin on for Alan Navarro in the 56th.

David Ball scores in the 68th minute off a nice assist by Saric. 2-2

William Ekong on for Pat Kanyuka in the 69th.

Sebastien Carole on for an injured Bradley Garston in the 78th minute(hope its not bad >_>)

Nikola Saric scores with no time left in extra time. IT'S CALLED OFF. OH BULL. TOTAL BULL. Whistle blown 2-2.

utter crap. was absolutely not close to offsides. uuuuuugh.

FA silent over criticism. blugh.

lost in JPT 0-1. whatever.

Game # 12 against Stockport who are currently in 2nd, while I am in 1st with equal records, my GD is +11 compared to +10.

David Ball scores his 13th goal of the season from a nice pass from Nikola Saric. 1-0

Jervis of Stockprot scores after my goalie rushed out and passed it right to him. ugh. 1-1. oh my bad he headed it to him with NOBODY AROUND. super ugh.

1-1 half

Sebastien Carole on for Bradley Garston in the 62nd minute.

Albert Owusu-Ansah on for Maceo Rigters in the 76th.

Walker for stockport scores in the 79th minute. :(

Westcarr scores for stockport in extra time. 3-1. well that sucked.

Hereford draw in the FA CUP- AWAY+ L2 TEAM WHEN THERE ARE A BILLION CRAPPY TEAMS. Draws hate me. won 2-1. woo

yahoo second round FA Cup draw at a BSP team. woo. gateshead are favorites????? lies and slander. won 5-1.

haha Harry Redknapp couldn't get England to the 2014 WC, and got fired (although he was retiring end of season)

4th round FA Cup draw against my favorite EPL(theyre in CH in the game :( )Stoke. AT Stoke also. grrr

Saric out 2-3 weeks. boo.

23 games left wee.

Bit disappointed finally lost after 11 games unbeaten streak (majority draws) to top of the table Salisbury wouldn't have minded as much if we didn't dominate the game.

Both their goals came from bad first touches by my midfielders, still sitting pretty in 9th place after 16 games

520px-FCUM_logosvg.png

FC United of Manchester

Season 1 - 2012/13 – Blue Square Premier

Preseason - Media Prediction: 24th

We Are Football League

Club Info

Into the Blue Square Premier, the board wanted me to attempt to avoid relegation, but I went for mid-table.

The Season

This season was not good, even if the end result was. 16 games in, and I was facing relegation. 20 games later, I'm 2nd in the league. It took 4 different approaches, and some major switches in players, but eventually we got there. Borini was unbelievable, and we broke a good few records, including a 23 match unbeaten run and a 10284 attendance. We also lost in the FA Trophy final to St. Albans, an unplayable team, but that's nothing...

FA Trophy Final Loss

FC United v Grimsby | Grimsby v FC United

FC United v Cambridge

Blue Square Premier Table | Position Graph

Transfers | Squad

Confidence | Finances

League Awards

Blue Square Premier Manager of the Year

Jordan Swinburn

Top Scorer

Fabio Borini

Fabio scored 31 goals in 43 league games. 5 more goals then his closest opponent, Davide Somma.

FC United Awards

Fan's Player of the Year

Fabio Borini

No surprise here. 40 goals. He deserves it entirely.

Top Scorer

Fabio Borini

40 goals in 52 appearances. The guy was simply godlike. An average rating of 7.29. I believe he even got a 10.0 rating in one match, when he scored 5 past Eastbourne Boro. I hope to keep him for years to come, and that he continues this. He scored 26 more goals than our next top scorer Dominic Knowles, which is a little worrying, but nevertheless... Borini was FC United this season.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

I honestly can't decide here. Either Borini's 5 against Eastbourne, or his FOURTY goals!

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Fabio Borini

You know, I wanted to vote for someone not so obvious, but I just can't. Fabio Borini WAS FC United this year. Without him, I'd not have been promoted. He deserves this award more than anyone.

Goal of the Season

3rdGreg McDermott v Newport Co

2ndOmar Elabdellaoui v Newport Co

1stOguzhan Ozyakup v Hayes & Yeading

Next Season

Stay up. That's it really. Apart from keeping our finances going strong like they have been lately, and making our team more than just Borini.

WE'VE GONE PROFESSIONAL!

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12         Blue Square North         4th           Promoted – Playoffs
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       5th           Promoted – Playoffs

FC United - Blue Square Bet North - 2011-2012

We made a bad start to the season by only picking up two points or so from our first five games, I guess this was because it was a total new team and I had to be patient in order to let them gel because we picked up after our first win and then won 11 games in all competitions in a row. The game that ended this run was a 3-0 defeat away to Sheff Wed in the FA Cup 1st Round. We looked very inconsistent from this defeat up until January where we really showed the league that we meant business and we showed how good of a squad we actually had. The players started to play well together and we climbed upto 1st to win the league on the last day of the season. The most vital win on the way to this was a 2-1 win away to Nuneaton who were 6 points clear at the time in March.

League Table

As you can see by the table, there was only a 3 point difference between us and Nuneaton, whom were promoted rightfully by the play-offs. They were at the top of the table for a long time but went on a sticky patch while we were in magnificent form and that was the difference between us and them. Gainsborough were also a team who had great form in the second half of the season and they also climbed into the play-off spots.

League Positions

As you can see from the graph we struggled in the first couple of games and were in the bottom three, but I kept faith in the team and I calmed my frustration down and continued to be patient and it paid off where we made a big climb up until christmas where we were a little in-consistent for a little while and as you can see at a vital time in the second half of the season we climbed up to the top 2 and then finally took top spot from Nuneaton.

Transfers

We made a lot of transfers to say the least along with releasing a lot of players which was probably the best option for us.

Star Players

Ryan Brobbel - Was signed for cover of the centre midfield but impressed and earned a first-team place, and he was brilliant in the last couple of months, scoring a lot of vital goals for us.

Jacob Hronec - My assistant said in his team report that he felt we were weakest on the right-hand side of midfield where Hronec was playing but I disagreed with his views as he was fantastic for the majority of the season, like Brobbel he scored some vital goals but he was probably one of our most consistent players.

Aaron Pierre - This lad earned 11 league man of the match awards in 38 games which is a pretty good record for a CB I think. He scored a lot of goals for a defender and at one point was my top scorer at five goals in November, although that was all he scored for the season he stayed on great, although his morale was always generally quite low, even sometimes very poor when the rest were above okay.

I have already started pre-season for the 2012/2013 season and have made a couple of signings which have interested me so far. The pre-season aims are to polish the squad, there will be a lot of buying and selling players again, and I will be looking to bring some cash in off selling players while continuing the trend to just purchase players on a free. This should keep our finances stable enough. Also I have quite a few home friendlies to bring in some decent revenue and we should start the season in a great position financially wise and hopefully we will look great on the pitch as well.

Season                  League                  League Finish               Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12              Blue Square North             1st                         Champions

James Woods to Llanelli for 24k

Llanelli was one of my favorite clubs last year! I think I probably made 150-200k by selling off players to them :) They weren't usually my starters either, which made it all the better! Glad to see they still have deep pockets. I may need them to bail out the 150k debt I've built up so far lol

Finally broke out of a 7 game winless streak. Team just cant find a way to score goals. I have what I consider two quality forwards in Chris Fagan and Christian Montano so I dont know why I cant put more in. I'm thinking maybe because they are to close to the same type of player. Would a tall target man possibly help? What stats should I look for in one?

Just a quick update in my game with Leamington - I've just reached early December - 16 games into the league season, and I've found a bit of a strange problem I am having so far, and wandering if anyone else is?

The problem? Im really really bad at home! We are currently 11th in the table - and all this is due to our home record.

Away record P8 W5 D1 L2

Home record P8 W2 D1 L5 :mad:

I just cant figure out what it is. I play Defensive away - and started the season with that at home. Then when a game came up I was slight favourites for I went Control and still lost! I have lost the last 3 home league games and all have been to teams near the bottom of the table. And yet in between that I went and won at top of the table Altrincham and was unlucky to lose away at Droylsden.

Any one got any ideas what it could be?

I do think we are overachieving in terms of the players we've got - I found it quite hard finding good players because of our low rep - but we must be doing something right away - and if we could replicate that at home we would be chasing promotion!

Okay, has anyone seen my script? It's this big thick book like object with the title "FC United lose heavily to recently relegated Torquay in the first League 2 game of the season"?

Because, we seem to have misplaced it and stumbled across a one titled "FC United 7 - 0 Torquay"...

*I shall have the video posted when it processes*

TONBRIDGE TIL I DIE, TONBRIDGE TIL I DIE.

We did it. We actually did it. My team of complete no hopers have actually achieved the impossible, and it's the best FM feeling i've had in a long time. After having the most inconsistent season with the most, what appeared, unfit, booze swigging/coke taking players, they came from the mediocrity of mid table to produce an end of season run which would make Blackpool's start to the Premiership look almost shameful. It came down to Bath City in the final of the playoff, a team that had done us earlier on in the season quite convincingly, but the man who hadn't scored a goal in what seemed like centuries, Guiseppe Sole, done the supersub, and scored in extra time, which led to a quick pause so I can run around like an absolute lunatic, caught my breath, tactic screen, 7 at the back, and we quite literally parked the bus. Never have I been so proud. Thanks to a few notable signings (Martin Hardie, Lee Hendrie) to establish a decent old rearguard, and to get knocked out the cups early which helped us extremely, Tonbridge are moving up, with the most depressing budget, the most depressing wage budget, but with the happiest manager there could be. Angels Til I Die!!!

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a431/HaffieBhoy1/Promotion2.jpg

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a431/HaffieBhoy1/Promotion.jpg

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a431/HaffieBhoy1/Promotion3.jpg

sig.php?u=10136

FC United - 2011/12

League Table - BSN - 10th

Top Scorer - Joe McKee - 13

Star Player - Julian Chérel - 7.16 rating and 10 goals as a CB

Overall I think the season went ok. I signed far too many players to begin with and then spent the whole season fiddling about with tactics to try and find something that could get us up the leagues over the next few years. Hopefully next season will bring promotion!

FC United - 2012/13 - Pre-Season

Media Prediction - 19th

I think we should easily be able to finish well above 19th this year. I'm confident of at least a playoff spot because I've managed to sign a couple of quality strikers and an amazing winger to supply the assists.

Transfers

I didn't want to sign many players this year because of how many I took on last season and the fact we were leaking money throughout the year but I managed to find a few players who had left top premiership clubs and who had the quality to make promotion a real possibility for us so I grabbed them! Hopefully in my mid-season report I'll have something positive to tell you guys!

Archived