dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking job none the less Timers.

At least with your "poor management" you gave the guys short contracts! I was trying to lock everyone in long term early and made the same mistakes as far as signings go. I'm now stuck with them for the next 4 years or so unless I can get someone else to come in for them. The reasoning behind my long term contracts was that I had loads of trouble last year retaining my top guys. As soon as I went to give them extensions as we made our way from the BSP to League 2 they all started wanting stupid money that I couldn't offer. It is going to be an interesting off season for me tonight or tomorrow as I'm unlikely to gain promotion and the squad still needs help.

!

Yeah, I learnt from last years attempt that short contracts were a good idea for more than one reason. For a start, like you say, if they mess up and you have them on a 4 year deal its hard to flog them and deal with them. Also, with a one year contract, if they like the club and where your going with it, they seem to want to stay and in many cases, for me at least, with 3 months left on their contract they were willing to take a slight pay-cut. Some of up to £100! But then you face the possibility of them wanting more in terms of cash or club, so can leave easily then as their not tied down.

dafuge (or anyone really), never done your challenge before but quite interested. However my PC is a bit rubbish and not sure it'll handle much of a db. Does the ddt file add much? With no leagues loaded, my system shows 3 stars, anything more than 5 or 6 leagues and its down to half a star. Any thoughts?

Just got a cracking 2-1 away win over runaway league leaders Salisbury which leaves my Chippenham side 2nd in the BSS after 36 games. It's a bit flattering though, as there's only 5 points between 2nd and 8th. The playoff picture changes with every run of form, but it is exciting!

dafuge (or anyone really), never done your challenge before but quite interested. However my PC is a bit rubbish and not sure it'll handle much of a db. Does the ddt file add much? With no leagues loaded, my system shows 3 stars, anything more than 5 or 6 leagues and its down to half a star. Any thoughts?

The challenge was originally designed for low end machines (as that was what I had at the time), so it should be fine. You could always use a small database if that makes it faster.

The challenge was originally designed for low end machines (as that was what I had at the time), so it should be fine. You could always use a small database if that makes it faster.

Sounds like a winner. I will be back once I've taken Spurs to CL glory. This will be a real change for me, its going to take me out of my EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga comfort zone. Bring it on! Cheers dafuge and oldhammad :thup:

Just got a cracking 2-1 away win over runaway league leaders Salisbury which leaves my Chippenham side 2nd in the BSS after 36 games. It's a bit flattering though, as there's only 5 points between 2nd and 8th. The playoff picture changes with every run of form, but it is exciting!

And typically, the next match I lose 3-2 at home to mid-table Welling. I drop to 3rd with just 2 points between 2nd and 7th!

Likewise playing on half a star with all top players from all continents and it runs fine. Never trusted the star ratings to be honest.

No nor have I, but I do know my machine aint the greatest, or at least the processor isn't anyway, its definitely under spec and I tried loading a fair few leagues and it crawled even at the beginning. Anyway, this all positive stuff.

My second to last game of the season, away to Staines and losing 1-0 until the 84th minute when my top scorer

! Then in the 87th minute, a late substitute manages to snatch a tap in to win the game 2-1. And he was only in the squad because of injuries and after he declared himself unhappy at a lack of first team football i said i'd give him a game.

That secures a BSS playoff place for Chippenham! But we've racked up a lot of injuries in the past few weeks, especially in our already weak defence, so it'll be a struggle.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/lukester1986/Tooting%20and%20Mitcham%20Dafuge/2011-12/TootingMitchamvBorehamWoodTVView.png

Have had this problem in my game - the game is played, but the match isnt shown properly. Either it focusses on the stands, the pitch is empty, or i get static dots while the text scrolls, CM2-like, at the bottom. Anyone got any idea what is wrong?

Meanwhile:

sig.php?u=10067

(using "big money signing" as "most recent signing" for now, and three players have higher AvR's than Gilroy but have played too few games to be worth of it - Cheikh 7.53 from 3, Tom Gernon 7.43 from 3, Paul Honey 7.35 from 2...)

after a great middle part of the season hanging around in the play off places, February has seen me go 6 games with out a win and drop down to 12th. I should have a finished season sometime tonight so watch this space, a Chippenham update incoming.

Wooo! Through to the BSS playoff final after scraping past Chelmsford in extra time. 2-2 in the first leg away. Then in the second leg we go 1 down to an OG, come back to 2-1 up thanks to another OG, then a howler from my keeper gifted them an equaliser. Then in the 114th minute my new signing, ex Oldham striker Dean Kelly, beats the keeper one-on-one to seal the victory! I wish I had him earlier, he looks fantastic at this level with 4 goals in 5 games.

Hopefully a couple more defenders might be back from my injury crisis in time for the final. I'll be facing Sutton Utd, who have been flying at the end of the season.

Preseason Hendon Dons 2013/14:

Wow all of the expectations are the same. 500k transfer/12.75k wage. I will obviously increase my wage budget. ok 200k transfer and 18.75k wage. wee

haha I can sign Rafael Sobis for $87k/week. awesome.

Signings:

MC-Alan Navarro-2 years/$1500 per week.

ML/DL-Jim Paterson-1 year/$1900 per week.

ST- David Ball-2 years-2 years/$1900 per week.

DR/DC-Cliff Byrne-2 years/ $1900 per week.

DC-Bailey Wright-2 years/$1900 per week. obv

MC/DM-Hasmet Taskin-3 years/$1400 per week. 16/15 scout rates as potential good DM in premier league, and is 17. attributes are awesome also.

Hasmet Taskin

DC/DR-Pat Kanykua-1 year/$575 per week.

ST-Abe Donzo-2 years/ $550 per week. Last year I had a Liberian striker from L2 to premier league(tho didnt play much in EPL). plus hes pretty good.

GK-Scott Devlin-2 years/$700 per week. chose me and snubbed a bunch of teams. Will split time with Greg Fleming/start whoever has better form.

MC-Alan McCormack-2 years/$1500 per week. looks ridic good.

Alan McCormack

Friendly Fun:

3-2 win against Wigan. wee.

6-3 win against Hibernian.crashed before i could save then lost 2-3. grrr @ crash(was setting up set piece guys and what not.).

Expectations:

I actually expect to lose very very rarely. My midfield should be crazy good, and my forwards should have no problem scoring alot. My defense is probably my weakest area, but it's still pretty good. Not as much depth as I would like, but lots of versatile players should make up for that. Really looking forward to steamrolling this season. Of course we'll see how good this team really is, after the first game.

FC United Season Review Season 2012/13

Media Prediction: 21st

Final Posistion: 2nd

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/BlueSquareBetNorthInformation_Stages-1.png[/img]"]Table

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/BlueSquareBetNorthInformation_PastPositions-1.png[/img]"]Graph

What a frustrating season! As you can see from the graph after getting into the top 5 after the first couple of games we never dropped out all season, at various points throughout out the season we fell behind the leaders, first Halifax, then Droylsden, then Altrincham, but every time I thought someone was pulling away we clwaed them back, frustratinly every time we got close we hit a bad patch of form and allowed someone else to pull away. With just a couple of games to go we had once again dragged ourselves to within 2 points of Altrincham but a home draw for us left us needing to beat bottom side North Ferriby and hope Halifax could beat Altrincham. We kept our end up, but sadly Halifax couldnt help us. So onto the Play Offs it was.

Firstly I did take screenshots but photobucket is not letting me upload any other then the 2 at the top of the post, with that out the way lets move on, we drew Lowestoft away where we preceeded to hand the tieto them by giving away 3 (yes 3!) pens to lose 3-1, meaning we need a 2-0 win at home, we raced out of the blocks and took an early lead through Doug Loft, but try as we might we couldnt get the 2nd and to rub salt into the wounds they broke away and grabbed a 85th min goal that killed the tie.

Cups

No comment! we lost in first round of both - again! I really really hate any form of cups right now :mad:

Sorry for the short review am angry at not getting promotion!

Aims For Next Season:

Win the league as cant handle any more knockout games!

Manager Overview

2011/12 20th

2012/13 2nd Beaten in playoffs

GL YiddO!

UL in play-off Darren

Quick update for me in the BSP. Currenty going well top by a point and also 2 games in hand. Have finally loss in league to Gimsby who are curently 2nd.

Cody is top in all the categories below so Rhys McCabe is my best mid and 2nd in assists other 2 are my CBs both on 7.14 in ratings

sig.php?u=10066

Can anyone recommend a good right attacking midfielder with good crossing?

Andrew Milne, if you can get him has crossing of eight but he's a bloody workhorse and he'll get a fair few of them into the box - at least he does for me. He'll pop up with more than the occasional goal as well.

Andrew Milne, if you can get him has crossing of eight but he's a bloody workhorse and he'll get a fair few of them into the box - at least he does for me. He'll pop up with more than the occasional goal as well.

Second that - can play on either wing as well.

That said, he's just had an absolute mare as we concede 11 in two games.

Swings and roundabouts.

New Zealand guy? He is way out of my league and currently playing for Huddersfield.

However I managed to sign a Michael West, released from Ebbsfleet. he looks solid. I will post a few screenies once I get home.

Gypsum's Chippenham - End of season update - 2011/12

Media prediction - 22nd

Final position - 2nd (Playoff winners) / League table / League positions chart

Playoff semi-final, first leg. (2-2)

Playoff semi-final, second leg. (3-2)

Playoff final. (1-0)

A shakey start to the season with a run of draws was livened up with a change in tactics to a more attacking mentality. From their, our attacking players really came to life and made a push towards the playoff places. The playoff race was extremely close, with 3rd place down to 6th spereated only by goal difference. Fortunately a late run of sometimes scrappy and downright lucky results put us in the running and saw us rise to a flattering 2nd place.

In the playoffs, our 'score more than you' mentality was really put to the test against Chelmsford. Two early first leg goals led to complacency as we were pulled back to 2-2, but it was still a decent result for the away leg. The second leg was a wide open, back and forth affair, with Chelmsford threatening our goal more, but our counter attacks proving equally dangerous. As the game progressed into extra time our pace and fitness advantage began to show, and

FA Cup - 2nd round - We reached the 2nd round after defeating BSP side Farnborough 4-3 after extra time in the replay, and League 2 Barnet with a thumping 3-1 win, only to be overcome by League 1 Tranmere 4-1.

Chippenham info;

General squad info

Transfers

Average attendance: 610

Star players;

Niall Rodney (ST) - The Nottingham Forest youth product signed as a free agent at the start of the season and put his lightning pace to good use. 27 goals and 14 assists in a season says it all. Rodney finished the season in appropriate fashion as he bagged the lone goal in the playoff final, securing promotion to the BSP. In the BSS, pace is king!

Ryan Beswick (AML) - Signed on a free, Beswick scored 11 and set up 11, with his crossing ability proving to be invaluable.

Cyrus Sylvan-Vanterpool (AMR/ST) - One of the few players in my current squad who was at Chippenham when I joined. Cyrus' winger/striker role was a perfect fit for my tactics with 10 goals and 10 assists in the season.

Steven Foley (MCL) - The former Villa and Bournemouth midfielder proved a well rounded player for the BSS, covering on the win and in central midfield. His dangerous runs, crossing and passing saw him claim 16 assists and 9 goals in the season. His man of the match performance in the playoff final topped off an impressive season.

Jack Dean (DC) - A Fulham youth product signed for a free, Dean showed an experience beyond his years with his consistent displays at centre-back and a 7.06 rating for the season.

Dean Kelly (ST) - A free signing late in the season after leaving Oldham, Kelly managed to make an impact in just 6 appearances for Chippenham. His 4 goals and 1 assist came in crucial promotion chasing games, with 2 in the regular season before he suffered an injury setback. But Dean returned in time for the playoff, making a massive impact scoring in both legs of the semi-final, including a 114th minute winner to put us in the final.

Goal of the season -

Year                  League                           Position                                   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12               BSS                               2nd                                       Playoff winners

Aims for next season;

General strengthening of the team is needed, particularly at full-back. Maybe a new centre-back partner for Jack Dean and goalkeeper too. Attacking, I think we're pretty strong, but defensively we need a better class of players to push for BSP promotion.

Archived