dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also got Chris Fagan and he is useless! In all fairness, I'm 3 games into the season. Drawn 2 and lost 1.

0-1

0-0

0-0

So yeah, I can't score, but my defence is great. I anticipate a very boring season of mediocrity.

Wonder if anyone can help me. Went on holiday till the 24th June 2011 saved it then went on holiday till 25th June but getting teams like welling, bath but they ain't on the list in the OP, have i done something wrong?

Welling were already in the BSS and Bath would have been relegated from the BSP. You probably just need to look a bit closer at the league table.

Yes i see the teams in the division without there respective club badge, basically do i retire the manager then i can pick one the teams in the north/south league aslong as there in the list in the OP because i thought you only apply for the jobs if there availible.

No you retire your 'temp user', then create a new user and take over one of the clubs promoted to BSN/BSS.

I will try this challange this year & as I grew up in Warwickshire I will be going with Leamington, ( Many thanks to wardie_88 for the save game ).

Manager profile Leamington

o.O a 700 rep team. GL and keep us posted on your progress! Should be interesting to see who you can get to sign.

Bedford - Blue Square North - 2011/2012

Media Prediction: 22nd

Actual Position: 15th

Manager attributes/personal

In my first season at Bedford, I sent 24 players out bringing in 25 players by the new year. As tends to happen during this challenge I felt like I'd found real diamonds in the rough and ended up with nothing of the sort. My method this year involved finding an assman with "good" jpa/jpp and taking the world on trial rather than trusting my poor scouts.

I struggled to find goals all season. With no striker breaking into the double digits, I was forced to rely on my defense. The young Scot Gilpin contributed 16 clean sheets including a streak of 6 in a row at one point, but I lacked a rock solid standout on the back line, so wins were hard to come by.

I do hope to solve my terrible lack of discipline next season - 81 yellows and 9 reds, 7 of which were straight reds.

League Table

League Position

FA Cup

I had a good run owing to poor competition, but after having a goal disallowed against Bromley in a game I thought I should win, I sent a subpar team out for the replay and got crushed away from home.

FA Trophy

Giving up a goal in the last seconds of stoppage time against Kettering was disheartening especially since they were heavily favored even in our building, but going on the road and losing on penalties in a tense contest was horrible. The board was happy we proceeded past the first round, so I guess there's some comfort there.

Squad

Transfers

Key Players

Gareth Williams: contributed some real great performances, but stamina was a problem from time to time

Abian Serrano: A dynamic young striker whose attributes look a hell of a lot better than the raw statistics

Paudie Quinn: This Irish U-19 looked a good pairing for Williams, but his attitiude was lacking as poor morale took him out of a number of games ("looks disinterested" in motivation normally compels me to make a substitution)

James Gilpin: Was pretty solid, but without a strong backfield to assist he was left to make a lot of plays on his own...

Bradley Garston: 17 years old when he broke into the first team, surprisingly often ended up sneaking to the far post and getting on the end of a few crosses. I'm hopeful for the future....

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Blue Square North        15th

For Next Year:

I've grabbed two strikers already in May and am hoping to improve my offensive output, but still need to find a tall strong center back to cement my defense a bit.

It's the first year I've posted in this thread but I've been lurking for years.

Anyone else already starting to struggle financially? The financial figures for September just came in. Despite being over 1k under my wage budget (and on an almost identical wage structure as I started with) the club recorded a 9k loss last month. Our balance is now almost 4k into the red. At what point does administration kick in?

Normally my financial control is pretty good. However with this new negotiation system I was forced to give more appearance bonus's than normal (you can't remove them like before) and I'm thinking thats whats really sapping the budget. Average attendence is only 362 which is hurting and I'm hoping better performances will increase it. Other than money making friendlies (I don't consider these realistic) does anyone have any ideas on how to improve things? FA cup revenue is done for the year so I can only hope to concentrate on the FA Trophy for cup money, but even there I'm not likely to go far.

@MikealS- Do i take over them teams if there jobs are availible or do i just simply go onto the league tables and pick a team that got promoted to the BSS/BSN?

You take over one of the newly promoted teams with a new manager, just retire the holiday man.

@MikealS- Do i take over them teams if there jobs are availible or do i just simply go onto the league tables and pick a team that got promoted to the BSS/BSN?

Retire the first manager you created. Then create a new one. When you create that one, you get to choose the club you want. Choose one of the clubs promoted.

Marine A.F.C.

1257848796_29.jpeg

This is the squad i'm starting the season with. As you can see from my previous post, its a completely different one to the team I started the challenge with. All players were signed on a free, but i'm quite a way over my wage budget so I need to get rid of some deadwood before the season starts. Also signed alot of promising youngsters on around £7 a week and then £10 once they have played 20 games for the club. Surely illegal on a full-time contract?

I'm quietly confident about this season. I told the board that I was targeting a mid table finish, would I would be moderately happy to attain, but I think with a bit of luck we can aim for a play-off place!

My African strike-force, consisting of Gambian Omar Koroma and Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu (apparently known as "Dave" to his fans) is where i'm pinning most of my hopes, although neither of them exactly set the world alight during pre-season. I guess only time will tell, I have a fair amount of depth to my squad so the first season may involve alot of rotating.

Wish me luck! (updates may be fairly sporadic as i'm climbing a mountain today and have a busy week ahead...let me know if you want any more screenshots or info, otherwise i'll probably just do a mid-season update)

GL westtothebpow! Joe Mckee was awesome for me with chippenham last year. He wasn't in my first seasons plans in the BSS, but starred for me in both the BSP and League 2. He wouldn't talk to me and went to Sheff Wednesday in League 1 on my game so he should do well for you again in this challenge.

FC UNITED SEASON REVIEW - SEASON 2011/12

MEDIA PREDICTION: 21st

FINAL POSISTION: 19th

Table http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/BlueSquareBetNorthInformation_Stages.png

Season Graph http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/BlueSquareBetNorthInformation_PastPositions.png

Squad http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/FCUnitedofManchesterFCUnited_Players.png

Not a long review brought players in, shipped players out, struggled to find my best 11 and best formation went out of both cups first time of asking and that just about sums up a rather poor first season

AIMS FOR NEXT SEASON: Be better!

Carrer overview:

Season 2011/12 19th BSN

Starting off with Sailsbury, signed 3-4 top quality players on free contracts and luckily ive been blessed with 2 strikers who have 12 and 10 for finshing which should fire me to glory this season. 2 pre-season games player and beat my reserves 2-1 and just beat sheff weds 2-0 so, so far so good. Up the Sailsbury ;)

Grats on escaping relegation, darren.

I was in the process of talking to some players when I got really annoyed with the whole "this meeting has run its course," thing. Just sounds rude and as though something negative has happened, so I'm in the process of changing that now.

On the note of this though, Marine are doing me better, not doing great, but better than my last team

Just had a fantasic result in the FA and more proof of why Craig Fagan is a legend who may have a hidden talent :thup:

FA Cup Round 1

FA Cup Round 1 Replay

I have had a few late goals to get points in the league and mainly Fagan getiting them. Turning in to a lower league Man United :D

League 2 Burton up next :eek:

I have Fagan as well but he'snot done much for me - how do you play him?

Pre-Season Report

I looked to organise a couple of friendlies against bigger teams to give my team some experience and generate some revenue for the team. With some new players, I was quite optimistic.

-

Matches

FC Halifax 1-1 Bury

Bury looked to be tough opposition, so in the build up to the game I wasn't overly optimistic. Indeed, my assistant manager tried to convince me to join him in his pre-game ritual – but sacrifices aren't really my thing.

It was a good result in the end for us, new signing Lewis Taylor bagging our solitary goal in the 66th minute to peg Bury back, making their trip back over the Pennines a lot less jovial than predicted coming across.

FC Halifax 1-1 Bradford

Bradford seemed to be stiffer opposition than Bury, and brought with them a financial package more generous as well.

A draw was a great result for us, our fans going home from The Shay happy after new signing Charlie Collins' goal opened the scoring only for Jake Speight to cancel out the new man's shot.

FC Halifax 1-1 Billericay

Billericay. I only know the place from Gavin and Stacey, so I was a little disappointed when I couldn't find Smithy on a quick search of the ground.

After good results against much stiffer opposition than the Essex outfit, a draw was quite gutting for us as we aimed for our first win of our campaign. Kallum Keane, a triallist centre back, grabbed our equaliser.

FC Halifax 3-1 Penrith

Following our disappointing result when Billericay visited, it was crucial we dominated this game to boost morale.

It was our penultimate game of pre-season, and it was obvious to me the players were quite tired – a couple of my men just randomly passed out during the warmup.

My strikers were on song today, Matt McLure complimenting David Nwaogu's brace to send the Cumbrian outfit back home after scoring just one.

FC Halifax 3-0 Shifnal

To be honest, I've never heard of Shifnal, so it's a bloody good job that we played all our pre-season games at home. This was all part of a ploy to generate some income for us with a few more ticket sales than usual – after all, we are getting ever closer to league football once more.

A penalty from Simon Garner saw us go ahead before the man himself was booked following a dangerous tackle. Charlie Collins bagged his second goal of the campaign and Danny Lowe sent the visitors packing with bowed heads.

-

Transfers

A total of eight players were brought into the team ahead of our début Blue Square Bet North season, the most notable of which perhaps being ex-Norwich striker Nwaogu. Other coups included Matt McLure, Charlie Collins and Jimmy Rogers.

I faced the wrath of the fans as favourite James Dean became included in one of the 6 men to leave The Shay – we simply couldn't afford his demands and the aggressive striker left our outfit with a seemingly sorry stature.

-

Prediction

We've been made 14/1 favourites for the title, so I think that shows that the media, as well as those insde our camp, know that we are capable of producing some moments of magic – and if that happens, the town of Halifax could be one step closer to seeing their team once more playing league football.

Advance Forward - Attack with long shots set to rarely to make him run at players.

Cool,thanks mate will give it a try in pre season and see how it goes.

In other newshave completed most of my signings for the new season and am going with a 4-2-3-1 formation that should take advantage of my strength in midfield

Here's my update in first season with Weymouth after 35 games. Lacked consistency early on, after dabbling with a few things. Will try to finish top half of table. This transfer window is key, as I currently don't have a scout and just my ass man and a physio, no other coaches.

sig.php?u=10119

Archived