dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh wow. Started with Weymouth and im terrible! taking a few months off FM and ive lost my groove

lost my first 5 games of the season then signed 2 great wingers. wona game 3-0 and started thinking i might be able to turn the season around

then we lost 6-3 :\

I did the challenge with Weymouth this season. really enjoyed it, never managed to win the champions league in my 20 seasons. Was runner up last season but I havent been able to continue as ill never finish it before FM12 release. Next season I will participate in the thread and post my updates. cannot wait!

To be honest, I haven't really given it much thought. Much like this year, I'll be playing FM but not as part of this challenge as I feel I've pretty much done it to death and achieved all I can.

I was debating whether or not to start an FM12 thread, so I'd be happy to hear people's thoughts.

Please do.

well gonna start holiday manager now and hope that the rules are pretty much the same as last year going for chippenham as that is who i always play so not worried about who else comes up in my saves so guess i dont need the full list of promotion candidates

AFAIK the DDT file only retained players for the tier 7 clubs. You can do this manually this year through the Database Size>Custom>specify conditions>players in division then select the 3 tier 7 divisions English Isthmian League Premier Division, English Southern League Premier Division and English Northern Premier League Premier Division). This is on the new game overview screen at set up.

Sorry my post may have been ambiguous. What I was saying was that you can now make sure that when the clubs do get promoted to the BSN or BSs they'll have the right players. You used to have to use a special file. Apologies for any confusion caused.

It'll be up at some point on Friday evening.

I'm glad it is. All though not a regular on your challenge this year (I actually got bored with FM11), I have always enjoyed your challenge. It is the very first one I play. So a new Fm version without Dafuge's Challenge would be like to play football without boots.

haha same Lanthal.

FC United seem to be the team that get promoted the most at the moment for me. The "rare" ones i have saved are canvey island, carshalton, hitchin, marine, redditch and worksop. maybe there are others that i just didnt notice.

I have seen Met Police yet which is making me really sad, mainly because its nearly midnight and i should be in bed :)

I will be back for another year :thup: Who to be thats the question? Been Carshalton, FC United and Colwyn Bay the last 3 times.

I'm hoping to be either AFC Totton or Wingate & Finchley, although as these have just been promoted to Level 7 IRL I expect that is a little optimistic.

I'm hoping to be either AFC Totton or Wingate & Finchley, although as these have just been promoted to Level 7 IRL I expect that is a little optimistic.

I havent seen either yet mate. Will shoot up a save if i do though. Hopefully if a kind soul sees Met Police one of theirs, they could put it up. Cheers :)

Reps from the FM12 db:

English Isthmian League Premier Divison

Team                    Rep
----------------------------
Lewes                   1400
Lowestoft               1350
Carshalton              1350
Hendon                  1300
Kingstonian             1250
Bury Town               1200
Billericay              1200
Tooting & Motham        1150
Wealdstone              1150
Harrow                  1150
AFC Hornchurch          1100
Margate                 1100
Canvey Island           1100
Wingate & Finchley      1000
Hastings Utd            1000
East Thurrock           950
Cray                    900
Horsham                 850
Concord Rangers         800
Met Police              800
Leatherhead             750
Aveley                  700

English Southern League Premier Division

St. Albans              1350
Cambridge C             1150
Weymouth                1100
Redditch                1100
Bedford                 1050
Hitchin                 1050
Oxford City             1000
Chippenham              950
Banbury                 900
Chesham                 900
Swindon S               750
Leamington              700
Cirencester             700
Brackley                700
Barwell                 650
Hemel Hempstead         650
Bashley                 650
Evesham                 600
Stourbridge             600
Arlesey                 550
Totton                  450
Frome                   400

English Northern Premier League Premier Division

Chester                 1500
FC United               1450
Northwich               1400
Stafford                1250
Bradford PA             1150
Hednesford              1150
Worksop                 1100
Marine                  1100
North Ferriby           1050
Matlock                 1000
Chorley                 1000
Nantwich                950
Chasetown               950
Kendal                  950
Ashton Utd              900
Buxton                  850
Frickley                850
Burscough               800
Whitby                  800
Stocksbridge            750
Mickleover              650
Rushall                 650

Met Police will probably be nigh-on impossible to get.

Via the editor. If someone wants to have a look themselves, just load the db, make a Competitions search for "English", pick the league you want to check, then go to "Teams" and sort by the "Reputation" header. :)

Any thoughts on the setup this year? Does the ability to add leagues on the fly change anything?

Someone mentioned something about the ddt file not being necessary this year ?

We've never added any leagues, so unfortunately that feature won't make any difference. Unless we go for free choice on loading leagues?

I haven't looked into the custom player retaining yet, but that may well mean the ddt is no longer needed.

We've never added any leagues, so unfortunately that feature won't make any difference. Unless we go for free choice on loading leagues?

I know. It just means that ppl have an easier way to add players/leagues. At least I think it should be mentioned in the rules that adding leagues on the fly is not legal.

I still think the challenge should be as authentic as possible, meaning the league setup should be the same as usual.

I know. It just means that ppl have an easier way to add players/leagues. At least I think it should be mentioned in the rules that adding leagues on the fly is not legal.

I still think the challenge should be as authentic as possible, meaning the league setup should be the same as usual.

The only difference i usually run is having australia on view only so I can see how my Brisbane Roar are doing :p

Archived