dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pshht FC United, overdone :p Is that another american I see too? jeez :p

good luck at Weymouth :)

Yeah, FC Utd being overdone was another reason I chose to go with Weymouth, but overall it was the more unique badge and colors.

And yes, I am "another" American, but it's not like I chose to be born in this godforsaken country ;)

The_Shocker7 Thats a sweet deal if you get some good loan players

On a side note, I'm going to start a side game using the lvl 8 edit. Just to play when I have some free time as I seem to be slaying everyone in terms of seasons played so far.

Being unemployed means I get to play the game a ******** :\

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242616-Whats-a-Dunstable?

If anyone wants to follow it now and again :p

[

On a side note, I'm going to start a side game using the lvl 8 edit. If anyone wants to follow it now and again :p

I think you have a problem. For most of us the prospect of 5 promotions are enough. You seemingly have felt the need to go 1 better, and quickly dip back into L1 to get a 6th. I can understand that.

But the level 8 edit!. Dude, next thing you know you'll be finding a way to manage the Dog and Duck on Staines High Street, (currently in the 24th tier of English football).

It's time for an intervention. You're addicted to the sweet, but dangerously addictive high of promotion.

Just say no, Mr Cat.

I think you have a problem. For most of us the prospect of 5 promotions are enough. You seemingly have felt the need to go 1 better, and quickly dip back into L1 to get a 6th. I can understand that.

But the level 8 edit!. Dude, next thing you know you'll be fiunding a way to manage the Dog and Duck on Staines High Street, (currently in the 24th tier of English football).

It's time for an intervention. You're addicted to the sweet, but dangerously addictive high of promotion.

Just say no, Mr Cat.

WHERE CAN I GET THE EDIT!?!!?! I WANT TO PLAY AS DOG AND DUCK! I NEED A FIX MANNNN

Nah its just fun. Trying to get a mate into the game too with this one :)

Tonbridge Angels- Blue Square South- Season 2014/15

My team has finally realised out to play football! Great season this was.

I decided that I needed some new blood, so I offloaded a lot of players as their contracts were running out, then spent a long time scouting youth players released from the higher division teams. These were my transfers.

League: The season started well and we found ourselves in and around the play-offs quite early on with some very good performances to match. A mid season blip happened when both my keepers got injured, but we still managed to get some results during this time. We never looked like dropping form and we were always contenders for the play-offs, with a good match of defence and attack, as my strikers were finally finding the net this year. Automatic promotion was never really on the cards...although with 3 games to go we were just 3 points away from 1st, but this didn't happen and we got into the play-offs comfortably.

A vastly improved season and despite a few injury scares I was enjoying the season and able to get through it quicker (wins are easier to take :p), it was like it was a completely different team than previous seasons and promotion actually seemed likely. But it wasn't to be as we lost both play-off legs to a far superior farnborough team, who somehow managed to blow a 10 point lead at the top to finish inside the play-offs instead of winning it.

FA Cup: Due to my cup success last year I decided to rest players in this tournament, to give some other players a go and focus more on the league. But the game didn't want this to happen and kept giving us easy ties until the 1st Round. I decided to play my strongest team in this round as we were playing Bury away, though I still didn't expect much...We drew away and then won the replay! Then faced a Blue Square Premier team in the 2nd Round so I could actually dream of a 3rd round game. So again I put my strongest team out and again we won with a strong performance. Then I await the FA Cup draw...we get...Man City! (at home). First ever sell out and not a complete humiliation either! It was going much better before my player got sent off.

FA Trophy Like the FA Cup I decided to play inexperienced players, but like the FA Cup the draw was nice, I didn't play a team above me until the semi-final, which we won 4-1! In the final we'd play our rivals Dover and it was probably our best performance of the season.

So we didn't get promoted, but I'm ecstatic with our season and I honestly think we can win this convincingly next season!

Final League Standings

F.A Cup - Lost in Third Round

F.A Trophy - Winner

I wasn't in the top 3 for Manager of the Season, which was a bit of a kick in teeth.

Career Record

Season    League                League position    Other acheivments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Blue Square South        19th            None
2012/13    Blue Square South        19th            None
2013/14    Blue Square South        16th            FA Trophy Finalists
2014/15    Blue Square South        5th              FA Trophy winners

Goals/Expectations for next Season

I expect us to push for promotion and dream of a dominant season. There are a few areas which need strengthening, but overall we're looking good and I'm optimistic! Bring it on.

It's 4 am and it must be dafuge time.

Only 4 more hours til 2018/2022 WC hosts are announced yeeeeeeah. Gotta not sleep to miss that. Time to kill so must be reading time. Man I am soooo tired. If you saw me now im totally singing what I type yeah.

mhm. yeah. Thank goodness for espn3.

Mitsuko Nice work, its a good feeling when you know your team is improving by what you are doing :) Both keeper injuries though? Im in season 22/23 and havent had a keeper injury yet :\

pickemgenius oh god dont remind me dude. Did you see the Australian bid video with the kangaroo? We've lost for sure now :(

In other news, Im coming into March in 22/23 in 3rd spot. Really pushing hard for promotion for my new stadium :D I sold my best striker in January for a crazy fee and I chucked on a 35% sell on fee. muahhaha

Bit tougher to score goals now, but I picked up a great Qatari (SP?) player, Saad Nasser, who is also the Captain of the Qatar team :D

I really need to stop making 3 subs at around 65 minutes every game. Keep getting injuries and going down to 10 men. Just played a game where we were fine made 3 subs at 66. two injuries and a red card in quick sucession. 8 men :\

Probably the game of the season for me though. Away to Bristol City, Down 0-1 at the half and the team was playing terribly. I gave them a lovely speech at half time and we won 3-1 :D

Gypsum: Solid first season in the EPL! 20m in the red even with your shiny new stadium?

Gypsum: That sounds like Man City's current strategy :p o.O THE Wayne Rooney? or a regen named Wayne Rooney??? need a SS of his current stats!

It was mostly because I spent around that amount in transfers. We got a big loan to ease the debt and ended up in a decent way financially.

Yes, THE Wayne Rooney! He's lost his pace as you'd expect, but he's still a decent player.

2 Games left in the season, But deadfncat has lead Croydon Athletic to Promotion to the Championship. Croydon Athletic previously visited the Championship in 2021/2022 but were largely disapointing due to financing issues and transfer restrictions

At 8-1 to win the title, the bookies thought we had a shot to go back up.

Ok so last season I wasnt a very happy chappy and had a terrible season. I think my character got involved with a tough crowd and got into drugs etc. but coming into this season I was clean and ready for some football.

Only player I brought into the team with my money made from the Championship stint was Saad Nassar fron Qatar. Strong Striker with lots of potential. Started the season strong and never really quit. I played mainly backups for the cups as I didnt really care if I won and just wanted to keep momentum in the league. had a slight drop in ranking around Christmas(too much eating/drinking by the team) but we had a huge run to the end. 21 game unbeaten streak at the end there :D Ended up winning promotion with 2 games to go and sent the old Stadium out with a bang at the end of the season.

League Table

League Positions

FA Cup - Terrible. The one cup I wanted to do well in and beaten by Bath in the first round. Oh well

League Cup - Great start with a win over Portsmouth then a super close match with Hudderfield which went to penalties and we scraped by. Then as our luck goes, we drew Spurs away. They got 2 up on us early and I thought we were boned, but in the second half we pulled back to be even at 90. After a close ET with lots of chances going astray, it went to penalties. 5-5 and Danny Duncan stepped up and shot it so far wide it went backwards! They then netted one and walked away winners :| I was gutted but in the end didnt mind as it was a good match that came out of nothing

Johnstone's Paint Tropy - I played these games 100% with under 18's so I thought I did well to get to round 2

Squad - I need a good Goalkeeper project and some defence and attacking mid backups.

Transfers - Picking up Nasser was a great move and dumping Steele gave us a healthy cash injection. We had backups so it didnt hurt us too much and we get 35% of his next sale :) Had 3 players retire at the end of this season, but I they were rubbish 1-2 stars anyway

Key Player Profiles

Jamel Bahri - Has learned English and is developing into a fantastic keeper. Will be interesting to see how he does in the Championship.

Mattia Bertelli - He rode the bench most of last season and wasnt happy about it. Came on for the last 5 games and score 8 goals. I'm guessing he will be playing next season.

Danny Duncan © - Scored some crackers again and leads my defence well

Mircea Bacila (VC)- Nothing much to say. Better every season.

Player of the Season Saad Nasser - I grabbed him as a third striker as I thought Bertelli wasn't right for my team. Once Steele was sold in Jan, he stepped up and played fantastic, scoring goals by the bucketload

Career Overview

Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th              FA Trophy Win
2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South       1st              Promotion to BSP
2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier     2nd              Promotion to League 2
2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th               JP Trophy Winner
2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd               JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
2017/18    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             6th                 Playoff Semi Final Loss
2018/19    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             13th                  nil
2019/20    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             10th                  nil
2020/21    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1             3rd                  Playoff Promotion
2021/22    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower Championship       23rd                  Relagation
2022/23    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 1              1st                  Champions/Promotion

Finally got some Recognition for my hard work

Also, New stadium!!! wooo!!!

Next Season

Goals : Stay Up. Mid table finish would be nice.

Earn cash and get training facilities up again

See if I can get stadium expansion already

Do well in Cups

Glenn Fitzpatrick - Ashton United, Season 2. (2012/13)

Blue Square North

Media Prediction: 22nd

Finished: 1st

A wonderful season all around. I made sure not to make sweeping changes to the side, the back four basically stayed the same with Lee McArdle leading a sturdy defence. In the middle, I made a couple of quality additions. In particular, Sam Sheridan on a freebie, he's an Irish youngster who didn't make it at Bolton. Up front I acquired Nadir Ciftci who chipped in with 14 league goals. The real gem for me though was Claude Gnapka who was available on a free transfer after leaving Luton Town. His sheer pace terrorized defences and he was immense for me.

We had a great run in the FA Cup including a 4-1 victory over Burton Albion at home in a replay. We made it to the 4th round where West Ham beat us 4-0. Still though, the gate receipts from that game secured our finances and hopefully there's a nice wage budget for me to utilize in the Blue Square Premier.

The league went down to the last day. Harrogate, Stafford and Tamworth all had a chance to steal it from us but we did a professional job and beat Hinckley 2-0 to claim our place among the elite in non-league football.

690.png

Quick update;

I managed to get promoted to the Championship finsihing second place to Doncaster Rovers by 1 point. Pretty good after the disappoinment of missing out on the playoffs the season before. Apologies for the lack of a proper update, but I'm mid shift cycle and dont really have the time to play/post updates at the moment!! Don't ask I work ODD hours ;)

Aim for next season: Survival in the championship as I've only been able to sign a centre half and a striker to bolster my squad...finances are tight, 5046 capacity stadium in the CCC!! Board wont have any of it when it comes to expansion/new stadium even though I'm maxing out nearly every game :(

Career Overview

Code:

Season          League          End Position          Achievements
2011-12          BSN                 2nd              Promotion via playoffs
2012-13          BSP                 7th
2013-14          BSP                 1st              BSP Champions
2014-15          L2                  2nd              Promoted
2015-16          L1                  12th
2016-17          L1                  2nd              Promoted

AFC HORNCHURCH SEASON REVIEW 2016/17 BSP

Story of the season

3 season rule works again! After my rise up the table in the 2nd half of last season I targetted the play offs for this one, I brought in some new faces and let others go, but not a large overhaul of the squad, once again we won our first 3 games before a slide down the table until the squad gelled. After the poor form we once again rose and found ourselves in the top 3 where we spent most of the season pushing for the tittle, one of our best performances came as we played host to Crewe (who were joint 2nd with us just 1 point behind Cambridge) just after Christmas and we crusehed them 4-0, we onlyhit top spot theonce during the season and quickly lost it the next game, seems we are better at chasing teams then leading them,

Going into the last few games wewere 2nd still just a point behind Cambridge when we really hit form, we beat relegation candiates Bury and Alfreton 5-1 and 4-0 to go top as Cambridge drew, leaving us 2 points clear with 2 to play, and who should weplay next? Cambridge at home! My players seemed to reliah the challenge and went on to play our best game of the season and destroy Cambridge 7-0 to secure the tittle and League football!

Star Player

Lewis Shaw came in on a free from Burton and fired us to champions! http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/LewisShawProfile_Attributes.png

Cups

At last something to talk about

FA Trophy: Semi Final - a good run saw us beaten at the semi stage by Fleetwood 4-2

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/AFCHornchurchAFCHornchurch_Fixtures-2-1.png

FA Cup: 3rd round - got Stoke (9th in Prem at the time) at home where we we very unlucky to lose 1-0 and maybe should have got a replay http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/AFCHornchurchAFCHornchurch_Fixtures-3.png

Ok- I have restarted as FC United. Overdone, I know, but they're one of the few teams I know of at that level, and I was able to find 3D kits for them which is a plus. Wanted to play Croyden, but never got them to load up. I figure with a team I know and more time tonight to get the game started before bed, I should be able to get into the save and stick with it!

Oh dear.

2 games remaining in League 2 and I need 3 points from them to secure promotion. Both games are against good teams and so I'm very nervous.

Then, guess what? 3 of my 4 best DCs get injured in training in ONE DAY! We've had it now :eek:

I really, really wanted to avoid the play-offs but now it's looking unlikely.

EDIT: I could give one of them injections, but this has never, ever paid off for me in previous FMs. It says "Will get through the next game against Oxford but could then be out for around 5 weeks". When they say "could", do they mean definitely?

EDIT: I didn't use the injections, but used a youngster instead. We drew away to Oxford. We now need ONE POINT at home to Accrington in our final game. Sorry to come over like a 11-year old girl, but OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

wriches Like omg lets go read Twilight together!

injections can sometimes work but can also be REALLY bad. I had a guy do his hammy in a playoff semi and wanted him for the final. He played ok but was out for 6 months afterwards!!!

Haha! I didn't go for the injection and the young lad that came in played very well, and we smashed Accrington 3-0 in the final game to clinch promotion! Delighted with that :D:D

Quick tip for people: don't overuse the same team talks over and over again, as they stop working. If you use "For the fans!" over and over, your players will just get nervous every time you use it.

I saved up "For the fans!" throughout the season, then used in the final game when we really needed it - 6 or 7 of the starting XI kicked the game off on either "Looking motivated" or "Looking fired up". If one of your players has a happiness of something like "Hopes he doesn't let his team down in the promotion race", then don't tell him "For the fans!", but tell him you have faith instead. Worked a treat for me, we played a great match. :)

deadfncat: cheers :D

I also keep the Player Motivation match info box open on the 3D view... really interesting to see. If someone has "Looking complacent" or "In danger of losing discipline" when on a yellow, I take them straight off.

You got promoted again?! Oh yeah, man I missed your last season review, slow down already! Damn, you always seem to be a division ahead.

I started before you as well... even pre-season friendlies I take aaaages over. It's either because I'm a tactical mastermind or just a bit dumb and slow :rolleyes:

So.... I'm finally getting a chance to play again!

Amusing news of the night: I just got a news item that England have sacked their manager for failing to even QUALIFY for World Cup 2014.... With Roy Hodgson in charge this shouldn't have been surprising. However upon further review, I was even more shocked to see that they failed to qualify out of what should have been an easy group.

From promotion elation to transfer devastation in a matter of minutes... :(

Despite winning 3 consecutive promotions, Sanchez Watt wants to play at a bigger club. He ripped League 2 to shreds last season and would probably have done the same in League 1. Devastating.

I didn't think to grab the screenshot of the conversation we had and for some reason it doesn't come up in the private chat history.... which is a shame as his replies were ridiculous. This shows how quickly he changed his tune though!

Need some advice please. I accepted his transfer request, but how much should I try and get for him? For some reason his value is just 30k, which seems strangely low to me. What should I set his asking price to and should I keep his status as "Indispensable to the club"? I understand that "Not needed" will increase the interest in him, but will it also result in lower offers as they think I'm desperate?

Cheers :thup:

Goalkeepers can be idiots

wriches just sell that idiot. I hate when players get whiney like that. I always tell them we are going to be sucessful and I want them to be a part of it, but if they dont like it I show them the door. I didnt follow my advice with one of my current players mainly because he is awesome on the wing, but I might have to get rid of him. I think he is taking the other players down :|

Quavis Did Australia qualify? :) There has been a few WCs since I started and we never get past the first round :( Just won the Asian cup though and ranked 21st. Things might be on the up and up!

Archived