dafuge's FM11 challenge

I've decided to plow on in my game and do the end of season report tomorrow, since I cba right now. (I have all the screenies ready).

News from this season.

Man City break their transfer record TWICE. First time on a Ukrainian regen for 33m, then 42m for Javier Pastore.

Here at FC United, we're also breaking transfer records. After being given 25m to spend, I spent 4.7m on making Uriarte's loan permanent. I spent a further 4.3m on Micah Richards from Hibernian (He's only 27), and 1.7m on Onyekachi Apam. Also made a good few free transfers and sold 3.6m worth of players.

Ins: (Free unless stated)

Francisco Javier Uriarte (4.7m)

Micah Richards (4.3m)

Onyekachi Apam (1.7m)

Jordan Henderson (2.3m)

John Guidetti

Wayne Hennesey

Tom Huddlestone

Josh McEachran

John Heitinga

Lorik Cana

Rafael

Jerome Boateng

Robinho

Keirrison

Out: (Free unless stated)

Frederic Veseli (Bristol City - 500k)

Joel Lynch (Charlton - 475k)

Zavon Hines (Brighton - 750k)

Jan Sebek (Swindon - 450k)

Oh Bum-Seok (Huddersfield - 1.4m)

Steven Reid

Gareth Barry

Frank Lampard

Michael Chopra

Owen Hargreaves

Sam Ricketts

Whatever I sold those players for, was the profit I made on them. The signings I've made might seem OTT, but a lot of them are 32+ now. I'd say the best signing was Tom Huddlestone (29 years old) or Keirrison (27 years old).

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

croydon-athletic.png

Croydon Athletic - nPower League 2 - 2015/16

With odds of 25-1 we were predicted for the drop.

Not a bad season, had a bad run in the middle and expected to finish around mid table, but made a run for the playoffs towards the end and faltered with a 1-1 draw :(

League Table

FA Cup - Drew Colchester and after a tense first game we drew 3-3/ The replay was at home and we went down 1-2 in extra time after Patterson drew a penalty and a red card!

League Cup - We had Colchester here too and this was the first game played. An easy 1-2 win for them.

Johnstone's Paint Tropy - Some fairly easy wins until I met my new rivals Colchester in the semis.Neither of us could put a goal away and it came down the penalties. Narrow win ;)

We next met Luton in the South Final leg and after a 1-2 loss away, we had a 1-0 win at home and got through on away goals. The final was against Rotherham and considering how hard the previous games were, we romped to a 2-0 victory.

Squad - Nice squad now, need more firepower though and a bunch of decent backups

Transfers - Mainly got rid of whiney players who werent living up to their potential and dumped a bunch of kids coming through the youth system who were rubbish.

Picked up a decent defender in Tom Hay and got Robert Hall off West Ham on a Loan, which should provide a bunch of goals next season.

Key Player Profiles

Simon Locke - Still playing well!

Mattia Bertelli - Italian Stiker. Doesnt speak english but knows how to score goals

Danny Duncan - Central defender and one of my top scorers!

Mircea Bacila - Romanian Midfielder. Excellent with fantastic potential. Doesnt speak the language but plays the game so well!

Career Overview

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 14th nil

2012/13 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 13th FA Trophy Win

2013/14 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 1st Promotion to BSP

2014/15 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet Premier 2nd Promotion to League2

2015/16 Croydon Athletic England nPower League 2 9th JP Trophy Winner

Next Season

9th place ended up gifting me $250k which was well needed and some friendlies against PRM teams should boost the coffers. Time for a Stadium and training facilities upgrade.

Want to try and make a run for the playoffs next season

FC United of Manchester: 2014/15 Season Summary

Blue Square Premier

fcunitedbadgepic.gif

Media Prediction: 20th

Actual Finish: 3rd

League Table | League Positions Graph | Team Stats | Player Stats

Squad | Finances |Transfers

Season Best XI | Overall Best XI

A much much improved season in general, although despite promotion (which we probably didn't even deserve) we were pretty poor for most of the season. Had it not been for 7 wins in our last 7 games, we would have finished way way down the table. We won just 5 games between December and March, which in all fairness was pretty dreadful.

Luckily our end of season form took us up to a playoff position, and in the end, not far off winning the league!

Playoff Semi Final First Leg: Kettering vs FC United

Rockingham Road, Kettering

Attendance: 5608

A close, but pretty boring game in this Playoff Semi Final. It was a goal from Borini that won the game, after just 8 minutes! It was a fantastic assist from Colbeck, who dribbled past three players before sending over a perfect cross from the right hand side, right on to the boot of Borini, who just passed ther ball in to the back of the net.

Colbeck picked up the man of the match award in the end, as he proved to be the most dangerous player on the pitch, creating a number of chances for the team. A good result.

Final Score: Kettering 0-1 FC United

Playoff Semi Final Second Leg: FC United vs Kettering

Gigg Lane, Bury

Attendance: 8591

A record attendance were in presence for the second leg of the Playoff Semi Final at Gigg Lane, and i'm sure all the fans (apart from the away ones of course) will have gone home feeling very happy. We took the lead after 39 minutes, from a corner kick. Lee Holmes sent a hanging ball towards the back post, looking for Cestor. Cestor headed back across goal, before deflecting off Kettering's Ben Swallow and going in to the back of the goal!

We were now in the front seat, with a 2 goal lead on aggregate, it would have taken Kettering a very special second half for them to beat us now. Rob Kiernan doubled the lead for us, from another corner, in the 70th minute and the tie was pretty much over!

Darren Carter grabbed a consolation goal for Kettering in the 82nd minute, but it was too little too late, and we were on our way to Wembley for the Playoff Final where we would face Corby who were looking for back to back promotions, after being promoted from the Blue Square North last season.

Final Score: FC United 2 (3-1) 1 Kettering

Playoff Final: Corby vs FC United

Wembley Stadium, London

Attendance: 38824

We had reached the greatest stadium in the world, Wembley, and with a fantastic crowd of nearly 40,000 the players were certainly feeling the pressure. I was nervouse as well! Especially after losing in the Blue Square North Playoff Final just 3 seasons ago, on penalties. I was certainly hoping we would get the job done before 90 minutes were up i must admit!

Corby started off the brighter of the two teams, dictating possession and having a few early chances. We defended well though and managed to withstand any pressure that was put on us. It was then our turn to have a few chances, and we took them very well! Just over a quarter of the game had gone, and Borini opened the scoring with a tidy finish underneath the goalkeeper, we were leading and playing some very good football!

Just 8 minutes later our lead was doubled! It was a bit of a catastrophe for the Corby defence, as Roberts latched on to the end of a stray back pass from Main. He took the ball around the keeper and passed the ball in to the back of the net! I was delighted, jumping off my chair and punching te air with my fist!

Corby continues to pressurise us after half time, we were defending brilliantly though, and we never really looked like conceding a goal! The closest they got was when they hit the post, quite late in to the second half of the game, but despite the pressure they had put on us, they were unable to convert their chances, and we had won promotion to the football league! For the first time in the clubs history!

Final Score: Corby 0-2 FC United

Despite promotion, we did very poorly in the cups once again. We were knocked out by Droylsden in the fourth qualifying of the FA Cup, and we didn't do much better in the FA Trophy by Southport, who were eventually relegated from the Blue Square Premier. I really want to have a decent cup run next year.

Finances are strong, the playoffs gave us a great income, as we made a profit of just over £200k during that month, meaning we made a profit of £198k for the whole season, leaving us comfortably in the green. More good news as well, as the club turned professional due to our promotion to the football league.

In other news, i was named as manager of the year! \o/

Top Scorer and Player of the Season

Fabio Borini

Need i say anything this season? Class as usual.

Signing of the Season

Matt Price

Signed on a free transfer from Newcastle after a succesful week long trial with the club. Was one of the most consistent performers throughout the season and has the potential to be one of the best players at the club in the coming seasons. Will be a very important player for us next season, so we will need to hold on to him.

One to Watch

Darragh McGill

Also a new signing this season, after both of my scouts said that he has the potential to play in the Championship. We had plenty of central defenders in the squad, so Darragh was sent out on loan for the season to Altrincham, where he picked up 3 man of the match awards. Will probably feature in the first team this season, as we look to strengthen up the defence.

Next Season Aims..

• Stay up
  • Enjoy league football
  • Try and do better in the cup!
  • Work on defending

[font=Courier New]Season    Team        League              Pos   Pld  Won  Drn  Lst  For  Ag   G.D  Pts   Achievements[/font]

[font=Courier New]2011/12   FC United   Blue Square North   18th  42   12   8    22   41   57   -18  44    None[/font]
[font=Courier New]2012/13   FC United   Blue Square North   3rd   42   23   7    12   75   46   +29  76    Playoff Finalists
2013/14   FC United   Blue Square North   1st   42   21   12   9    81   43   +38  75    Blue Square North Champions
2014/15   FC United   Blue Square Premier 12th  46   18   10   18   76   62   +14  64    None
2015/16   FC United   Blue Square Premier 3rd   46   22   12   12   78   63   +15  78    Promoted via playoffs
[/font] 

sig.php?&u=10130&update

12 games to go, and this season it's going to be close. I've been top since Christmas, I've won my last 6 Blue Square Premier league games, gained 28 points from the last 10 and the only team to beat us in the last 2 months was Manchester United in the FA Cup; (1-0, and they were lucky).

But still Chesterfield are 3 points behind us; harder to get rid of than a lonely OAP.

Shoo!

Nice work vike. Join us in league football. I just got promoted to L1 :D

hopefully the baord will open their eyes now and see that we need a new stadium or huge expansions

Mitsuko Go Angels! :D Lol at that weather though. Strong wind & downpour at 4 degrees? no thanks, ill be in bed playing FM instead ;)

5100070.png

Hastings Utd

Season 4 - 2014/15 – League 1

Prediction - 24th

Actual - 12th

This will be a brief update compared to normal as it was a most frustrating season overall, The nearest real life example i can think of is Hulls 1st season in the Premier League,

We started out like a train, winning games and playing well, the confidence of the previous seasons Play Off victory was clearly carrying forward to this season. This early season form had us flying hign in 3rd spot after 15 games and all looked to be heading towards a 4th straight promotion,

But thats where it all started to go a little bit wrong, other teams sussed us out and the wins started to become draws and the draws became losses as we started our steady and consistent decline for the rest of the season, our early season form had meant we were never near the relegation zone, but the carrot of the play offs was always just out of our reach.

We finished respectably in Mid table, 9 pts away from the Play Off Places and 14 pts away from the Relegation zone

Top Players

Reece Hands - The Little Playmaker is really coming into his own, a steady influence in the Centre of the park, Consistently good through a tough season

Kristjan Emilsson - The Big Man had another solid season, seems a little too manic depressive for me as even after a Hatrick his morale was still Very Poor, and it was all season

Cameron Lindsay - International Centre Back, Suffered with Injuries but when he played he was a rock

Ryan Fredericks & Callum McGregor- The Wing Twins, Fredericks scored the goals, McGregor created them 16 Assists and 8 Goals between them

Next Season

With a few additions and a possible rethink of tactics i feel we will be strong enough to challenge for the Play Off Places, 9 pts is not to much to make up if we can find a little more consistency

Career Overview

[left]Season        League                        League Finish            Achievements[/left]

2011/12       Blue Square South             1st                      Promoted/Champions
2012/13       Blue Square Premier           4th                      Promoted/Play Off Winners
2013/14       League 2                      5th                      Promoted/Play Off Winners
2014/15       League 1                      12th                     None

Hastings Legends

100 Apperance Club

[left]Name                 Joined   Position      Apperances       Played In
Adam Street           2011       GK            162           Blue Square South, Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Reece Hands           2012       MC            133           Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Alex Nicholson        2012       DR            129           Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Ryan Fredericks       2012       AMR           113           Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Jamie Edge            2012       MC            112           Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1
Thomas Cruise         2012       DL            112           Blue Square Premier, League 2, League 1[/left]

50 Goal Club

NONE YET

50 Assist Club

NONE YET

PVentress Sounds a bit like Burnley last season, Playoff promotion, some classic wins (beating Man U bahahaha that was gold) then ultimatley sucking :\

PS . how do u do the tables in your post? :\

Yeah was a bit of a disapointing season after the flying start, but after 3 succesive promotions it was going to happen eventually :(

As for the Tables, you need to go to Advanced and then type out what you want in the table so it looks pretty much how you want it then highlight it all and click the # button above the post box,

Once you have done that if you preview post you can move the lines and text around so it looks right and lines up

I dont know if its just because im new to this but I am not able to put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110\edt

mine only goes upto C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\

I do only have Windows Vista is this a problem. Sorry for my ignorance and the inconvenience, any help would be much appreciated.

Quick question Ridleys, how do you get the table setup like you have at the bottom of your post? I tried to steal one of someone's post and failed :p

Also, GL in League 2 :D

You have to put it in 'code' tags

If you type it out in notepad, then copy and paste it in to your post, then put [ code] in front and [ /code] at the end it will work. :)

I hope that makes sense :)

Ok. I'm starting again for the third time now.

1. As Tooting & Mitchum was relegated after the first season and sacked.

2. Started over as Tooting & Mitchum using a three team strategy with many friendlies during the season. Was performing well (just below mid-table), but decided that was too unrealistic.

3. Now I'm starting my third time as head coach of Nantwich.

I chose Nantwich because it was the only team with a reputation (950) lower than 1000 in 200 tries. They have a parent club (Crewes). I'd rather not have a parent club but will play Nantwich anyway.

My plan here is to approach the game as if it was real-life. No sacking the entire team while I bring in completely new players. Only schedule friendlies in the pre-season and not a bunch of foreign friendlies with high fees. I think if I can make it all the way up to the Premier League under these conditions, I will appreciate it all the more.

Here goes...

After a dodgy start to the season due to friendly congestion(CASH GRAB!) we had a great run going into Xmas. Dropped a bit but played pretty consistantly. Not sure how I fluked promotion though.

Its going to be a struggle to stay up I think next season

League Table

League Position

FA Cup - Lost away to Brighton in the first round. Not too bummed, as I was aiming to take the JPT for another year.

League Cup - This one was a suprise. Played Bournemouth in the first round and lost 1-3 away. Quite disapointing but lucly to even snatch a goal, as we played horribly.

Johnstone's Paint Tropy - I knew this was going to be difficult after taking the trophy home last season. We had a bye in the first round but then Met QPR first up and it was an away game. We went up early with a goal from Patterson from about 30 yards out. Bloody blinder. Bertelli then slotted one home in the 89th to seal it.

Portsmouth were going to be tough as they had just rejoined the L1 this season but we were at home so I knew we could do it. A header from my Midfield project Mark Williams took us up in the 57th and we held on to win it.

We played Bristol Rovers in the Semi Final and had an easy 1-0 victory at home with West Ham Loaner Robert Hall slotting one in towards the end of the game.

The South final was against Wycombe and was going to be on TV so the boys were pumped as mum made signs to hang out the window of her flat in Kent to show her support to the old ladies next door. Bertelli Slotted home a penalty in the 41st to take us into half time with the lead. Wycombe attacked from the half and Andy Clark snatched one back in the 50th. We were heartbroken and Mum choked on her biscuit as Michael Jacobs scored a cracker three minutes in injury time to steal the win.

The second leg was at home and mum got on the train to come down and see the boys in action. We had to win by at least 1 to even in the game so we were ready. Wycombe had dogged us in the press so the boys were fired up and ready for football. We got off to a blinder with Samuel teaming up with Serrano to score a great goal. Serrano then Made it 2-0 in the 82nd with a header to snatch the lead. We were hopeful until Liversedge was brought down in the box by Bryan and Andy Clark slotted home the Penalty with 12 seconds left on the clock. It would all be decided by penalties.

Ilias Manikas - SCORES! Andy Clark - Miss

Domonic Samuel - SCORES! Chris Liversedge - MISS

James Gibb - SCORES! Terry Whittaker - MISS!

WE WIN! GOING TO THE FINAL AGAIN!

Turns out Rotherham had the same idea as last year and wanted a rematch at Wembley and we were only to happy to oblige.

Croydon Athletic vs Rotherham

2.4.2017 Wembley, London

Att: 25632

In front of a massive Crowd, we were ready for a good game until the tenth minute when the ref called a foul on van der Kraan in the box and pointed to the spot for Rotherham. Lindfield put it home so we had a mountain to climb from the start! It was very tense until the 75th minute when Rory Patterson shot a cracker towards goal and it slid in...The crowd went wild! With time running out and Penalties looking immanent again, Mark williams connected a beautiful header to take us 2-1.

WE HAD DONE IT AGAIN

Squad - Doing well, Need better training facilites to teach these guys new things though. Might pick up another middy and a forward in the offseason.

Transfers - Lucas and Ion Anca are two great foreign AMRLC who should do great things once they learn english. Francois Kompany had a funny name so I had a look and he should be a great backup for them. I let a few people go who were annoying me as well as lots of youngsters as usual.

Key Player Profiles

Simon Locke - Might look into a great youngster soon he can teach. He is only 21 or so, but thats old for my yonugster team! They dont call me Michael Jackson for nothing!

Mattia Bertelli - Not progressing as well as I had hoped, but scored some cracker goals

Danny Duncan - This guy is amazing, VC now and looking down the barrel of an armband soon

Mircea Bacila - Fantastic player, still doesnt know English though. wtf? can I pay for lessons?

Career Overview

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
Season    Team                          Country            League               League Finish     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      14th                    nil 
2012/13    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      13th            FA Trophy Win
2013/14    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet South      1st              Promotion to BSP
2014/15    Croydon Athletic          England    Blue Square Bet Premier    2nd             Promotion to League 2
2015/16    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             9th              JP Trophy Winner
2016/17    Croydon Athletic          England    nPower League 2             3rd              JP Trophy Winner/Promotion to League 1
[/font]

Next Season

Wowsers this was unexpected to even be in the League 1 by now. My plans to upgrade the training and youth facilites were scrapped due to lack of funds, so I guess the boys will have to earn us some more!

Goals : $$$$$$$$$$$

Dont get relagated

Pick up some nice new youngsters

See if I can get another loaner from West Ham

DONT GET RELAGATED

Ridleys and PVentress Thanks! Thats awesome

ScyllaJoe you need to update your game to 11.1.1

jmknpkGood Luck. Do you mean you play friendlies during the season? Thats well, dumb. Unless you have a massive roster that you can use your B squad for that game, its just extra strain on your team. What I do is book HEAPS of friendlies against whoever will earn me the most money vs how much I have to pay them. Once I have a bunch set, I turn on the Ass Manager to arrainge friendlies. My guys are usualy tired by the time the season starts from playing a game every 3 days ;)

jmknpkGood Luck. Do you mean you play friendlies during the season? Thats well, dumb. Unless you have a massive roster that you can use your B squad for that game, its just extra strain on your team. What I do is book HEAPS of friendlies against whoever will earn me the most money vs how much I have to pay them. Once I have a bunch set, I turn on the Ass Manager to arrainge friendlies. My guys are usualy tired by the time the season starts from playing a game every 3 days ;)

I had a system where I had three complete teams. The second team played most of the friendlies during the season which brought in enough in fees to pay for the third team as well. It was handy to have a complete second team around the time of the cups when there were two games a week. It was very unrealistic and that's why I gave up on it.

Pre-Season Update

Got a Bunch of DCs on trial and a striker.

Bolton 0-1

Hearts 2-1

Aston Villa 0-1

Tottenham 1-1 :D

Middlesbrough 0-3

Livingston 3-1

Peterborough 2-0

East Fife 5-0

Blackburn 1-2

West Ham 1-1

Accrington 4-1

Wolves 0-2

Swindon 0-3 (it was the day after the wolves game :\)

Salisbury 4-1

Celtic 1-1

Birmingham 2-1

Hearts 4-1

A great start to the season. Also heaps of cash! I sold a player I had some news come up before that a player I didnt even think was that good was wanted for $170k! sold!

Yes I played Hearts twice ;)

Breno dos Santos Holiday to a few days before the 24th, then just do it one day at a time so it doesnt go over and waste your time. On the 25th, Teams from the lower division get promoted. 6 of them for the Blue Square North and South. Just look over the league table and find which ones have been promoted and choose one. Once you have done that, retire your manager and add another one in and choose the club you want to go to. Then have fun!

Breno dos Santos Holiday to a few days before the 24th, then just do it one day at a time so it doesnt go over and waste your time. On the 25th, Teams from the lower division get promoted. 6 of them for the Blue Square North and South. Just look over the league table and find which ones have been promoted and choose one. Once you have done that, retire your manager and add another one in and choose the club you want to go to. Then have fun!

I got it, I'm about to start. Thanks!

Welsh Wizard - Colwyn Bay - Npower Championship - 2015/16 - Season 5

colwyn_bay.png

Club Info

Facts

Facilities

Stats

Squad General

Squad Stats

Transfers*

Finances Summery

Finances Wages

Stadium Expansion

*Other money transfer was Jay Spearing for 95k rest were youth players released.

Smith joined the list of ex Man United players to join.

Finances looking bad but have not got TV money etc yet so should look better. Stadium is going to be really small for 6 months unless we share with another club, Man United maybe but no news yet.

Key Players

Craig Hewitt - Played as a creative striker and did well but I think his future is RM so been trying to train him there but taking awhile

Ashley Williams - Was solid in defence plus he Welsh need I say more.

Arturo Lupoll - Took the role of McLean and Fagan of past years and got Goals.

npower_championship_315.jpg

Predicted:- 24th

Finshed:- 1st

Table

Previous Standings Graph

Another great season and 5 championships in a row. Getting a bit crazy now. We are in the Prem!!! Was basically top for most of the season

Team Stats

Player Stats

rsz_fapercent20cup_cmyk.jpg

6th Round

Results

0,,10273~3770970,00.jpg

Final - Champions

Results

A great run with some epic results vs top teams.

Other Leagues and Competitons

Premiership:- 1st Arsenal 2nd Liverpool 3rd Tottenham 4th Man United

FA Cup:- Liverpool

Champions League:- Man United (Mick McCarthy 1st game in charge was the Final(3-0 vs Arsenal). Good start then.)

Aims for Next Season

1. Stay Up
  2. Get rid of dead wood
  3. Improve Squad.
  4. Don't get embarrassed in Euro

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions.
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st           Promoted - Champions|FA Trophy Winners
2013/14         Npower League 2           1st           Promoted - Champions|Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2014/15         Npower League 1           1st           Promoted - Champions|Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2015/16         Npower Championship       1st           Promoted - Champions|League Cup Winners

Ready to shot!

- Breno Santos begins his career! After months of speculation, conversation, and much anticipation, he begins his career at Sutton Utd. The team just went up to the Seventh Division Sixth Division, called the Blue Square North / South. The team is competing in the Blue Square South, and its goal is the modest 17th place. Will Saints get the Sutton this situation and get you the glories?

SuttonUtdCrest1.gif

- Here, see the information from Sutton United!

Established: 1898

Legends: None

Icons: Matt Gray, Paul Honey

Personal Favorite: Nicky Balley; Paul Doswell

Rivals: Carshalton

Other Rivals: Kingstonian

Finance: OK

Average Price of the Ticket: $ 29.00

Season Ticket price: U.S. $ 457.00

Estimated value: 1.3 million

Press preview: 17 °

- Now, see the images in this album: http://img716.imageshack.us/g/elencosuttonutd.png/

Welsh Wizard you are crazy! How do you smash through it so easy? :\

Congrats on the expansion. Trying to get my board to approve one at the moment but its like pulling teeth. How much did yours cost?

*edit* nm just read it ;)

Breno dos Santos good luck! Go Sutton! $USD though? pshht :p

haha seeing the game in Spanish is funny. Wait, is that Spanish?

Welsh Wizard you are crazy! How do you smash through it so easy? :\

Congrats on the expansion. Trying to get my board to approve one at the moment but its like pulling teeth. How much did yours cost?

*edit* nm just read it ;)

I honestly don't know lol A combination of decent free transfers every season and a tactic which I tweak now and then but is basically the same since start and seems to work. But still seems way too easy :(

edit - TV money is in 40mil. Expectations set as aviod relegation so 31mil transfer budget and 140k wages. :) time to spend.

Breno dos Santos good luck! Go Sutton! $USD though? pshht :p

haha seeing the game in Spanish is funny. Wait, is that Spanish?

I'm receiving R$ 3,750 p/month. I am Brazilian, then this language is not Spanish but Portuguese. I speak English on the forum so that everyone can understand what I speak, the translator :thdn: and I'll always see what others say.

Gypsum, thanks!

Im at a point in my game now where I know im going to lose money. Im 12 games into my first season in the League 1 and I pack out my stadium every game. But Im still losing money because my wage budget is up to 24k a week.

Waiting for the next time the board will let me talk to them about expansion, because at the moment its greyed out from the last time i asked :(

Trust Andy Carroll to go and score 2 goals when I bring him back into the side. Looks like Guidetti/Carroll for the foreseeable future.

4 games in, these are the results.

Liverpool 2 - 2 FC United: Guidetti (63), McEachran (84)

FC Brasov 1 - 4 FC United: Guidetti (47, 55, 67), Henderson (51)

FC United 0 - 0 Arsenal

FC United 4 - 0 FC Brasov: Carroll (39, 41), Guidetti (47), Henderson (75)

Europa League Group Stage Draw complete. Our opponents are Vit. Setubal, Trabzonspor and Rubin. Not the easiest of groups, but hopefully we'll do okay.

Haha I think I caught Welsh Wizard disease. Started L1 playing horribly, But now I cant lose a game to save myself LOL

No idea how my team is winning either :\ just scoring crazy goals and dumb teams keep giving us penalties

I picked up a Romanian striker to make my start Romanian MC not homesick. The new guy just got offered 450k! WTF

he is awesome now too scores 1/2 my goals. What a pickup ;) I seriously only chose him becuase he was cheap and romanian

What a horrible season I'm having! I have just recovered from a 6 game losing streak and have now to returned to inconsistency.

We have picked up 10 red cards this season already and have given away 9 penalties, can't wait to get this season out the way and have a massive clear out!

20th Jan 2016 - 2nd season in League 1

Little Hastings Utd move into the 2nd Automatic Promotion Place following a 6 - 0 Victory over Brentford,

P28 W13 D10 L5 F40 A26 Pts49

A Long way still to go but with far more consistency being shown, I think we have a chance!!!!!!!!!

10 games to go and still sitting in 2nd place in League 1,

1st place is long gone as Charlton have walked the division after relegation from the championship

Not the best time to hit our worst run of form this season, hope we can pick it up and have one last push

Would be devestated to let it slip now

Think I've finsih my spending spree. So here who I've managed to sign ;)

Free unless stated

Ashley Cole - 35 yrs old but still ok in physical and has mad mental attributes.

John Arne Riise - 35yrs old as well but seems to have aged better than Cole so will be starting.

Scott Dann - 29yrs old Brings the Prem experience and is solid at this level.

Alvaro Dominguez - 27yrs old ex-Atletico Madrid CB and looks like the best CB we have.

Yaya Toure - 33yrs old but still a World Class player. The boost in replica shirts was a bonus.

Robin Van Persie - 32yrs old Can cover both wings as well as ST.

Jonjo Shelvey - 24yrs old has not really been a constant fixture in the Prem this is his chance

Marcin Budzinski 5.5mil - 26yrs old who can play RM and CM so provides a load of options.

Gary Deegan 500k- 28yrs CM who hopefully can make the step up to the Prem.

Stephen McGinn 5mil - 27yrs old CM similar to Deegan with it his first time at this level

Lacina Traore 3.8mil - 25 years old 6ft 8 19 Strength 20 Jumping Going to be a big threat to defences hopefully

Kevin Colonna - 6.25mil

Ronaldo - 15mil

Leandro Moreno - 10mil

Rafael - 6mil

Look like some nice signings there. After Ashley Cole left Arsenal in my game he went to Derby and set the record for highest average rating in the Premiership, so he should be pretty handy!

How did you get that sort of money to spend? Is the club in much debt to fund it?

Season 1 Review: Sutton United - Blue Square South

Possibly the most consistently inconsistent season I've ever had on FM. My team seem to have an uncanny knack of going on little streaks with no explanation. 5 games without a win, win 6 in a row, lose 4 in a row, 6 games without losing, 6 games lost in a row, 6 wins in a row and on and on.

This meant a shocking start to the season, leaving us 19th after 8 games. Then from late September to November we were pretty unstoppable and charged up the table.

Christmas and New Year saw another slump not helped by an injury crisis. Even with my players returning we never really hit our stride for the rest of the season, there were moments of glory and genius but not often enough. However, our rivals for promotion/playoffs were all doing their inept best to keep us in the race. Going into the final game we only had to win at home against a rubbish and only just safe from relegation St Albans side, to give ourselves a playoff slot. The team froze basically and we were lucky to rescue a draw that secured us 6th and another BSS season. I have learnt a lot about managing at this level and am confident I can avoid some of the mistakes I made last year and hopefully get us up next time round.

FA Cup:

We exceeded expectations by 1 round, falling to Blyth in a 4th round replay at their place, having dispatched Wick(3-1) and Croydon Athletic (4-0) at home in previous rounds.

FA Trophy:

Exceeded expectations again, this time going 2 rounds further. BSP Bath did for us in the 3rd round away, after Havant & Waterlooville, Hucknall and Tonbridge had all been dealt with very efficiently.

Table

Positions Graph

Player Stats

The only 2 you can't see on that screenshot are 2 very late in the season acquisitions who could be key players next year. Ex Birmingham, Sunderland and West Brom man, Darren Carter and striker David Mooney who's played in the Championship and League 1.

Star Man of the Season

There really is only one man who could get this. Ex QPR youth, Romone Rose, who I picked up after seeing him at the trialists match. His pacey dribbling is almost unplayable at this level and only nervousness/confidence issues stopped him scoring more. In fact he went the last 6 games without scoring, which was probably the key factor in us not getting to the playoffs. I think (hope) he will do well alongside Mooney next season and hopefully he'll develop further.

Other Key Players

Simon Downer and Callum Reynolds formed a solid centre back pairing, luckily because I struggled at full back and in goal. Without these 2 we'd have been sunk.

Reynolds impressed me most, I made him captain at the start of the season and he got scared. He said he was too young and wasn't happy with the pressure. With the rest of the squad happy at the appointment I left it with him. He started really poorly, giving away 2 penalties in our first 3 matches but grew in stature through the season to become a standout. Downer provided experienced solidity next to him.

Bradley Woods-Garness became the U's record appearance holder this season. He'll definitely extend that record further because he provides a very real threat on either flank. He and Rose combined for some fine counter attack goals.

Ibrahim Farah was my first signing and despite a mid season slump was still my mainstay in midfield. This lad proved a steady influence at a young age in a demanding midfield ball winning role. With Darren Carter likely to start next to him in the coming season I can only see him getting better.

Needs for next year:

A goalkeeper and 2 fullbacks are essential.

A better assman would be nice.

Some money would be nice!

Goals:

Promotion from BSS (surprisingly) To be honest despite my ultimate disappointment this season, we had only been predicted 15th and I'd always seen it as a 2 year escape plan!

2 more good cup runs would be nice!

And finally, just got this good news!

Come on the U's!!

Archived