dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could easily get a site up with a table of everyone's standings that we can all edit. For anyone who wants to update their progress, I could PM them a password which lets them update their team's progress record.

Wouldn't take me long, but would there be interest in that?

The thread can indeed be a little clumsy to navigate at times.

I've just put together a very quick site where we can collate our results:

http://fmtracker.co.uk

Basically there is a main group table which will show the latest season for each person (whichever season you choose as "Current"), and you can click on the person's name and see a bit more detail and their previous seasons.

Anyone can view the group table or the individual tables, but you have to be logged in as that user to edit/add seasons.

It's pretty basic at the moment so please let me know if something is wrong with it and I'll try to fix it. And please let me know any features that would be easier/cooler/whatever.

I'll probably open it up to public registration when it's a) working better and b) not so ugly, but for now just let me know if you want to use it and I'll PM you a pass.

That looks good, wriches :thup: I'd certainly be interested in using it.

We seem to have picked up some better form (touch wood) of late. We've won two and drawn one of our last three league games and we beat League 1 side Southend at Roots Hall in the FA Cup 1st round. Playing Walsall away right now in the 2nd round.

croydon-athletic.png

Croydon Athletic - Blue Square Bet South - 2014/15

With odds of 33-1, we were suprisingly expected to be in the race to the top.

Blitzing start to the season led us to a 38 game unbeaten streak leading back to the last season. Stuck behind R&D all season as they blitzed everyone except us with a 1-1 twice.

The faltered towards and the end and I caught up but it wasn't enough. Both on 90 points, they got through on PD.

Playoffs!

we drew 0-0 in the away leg against Mansfield and our home crowd packed out KT Stadium to help us bring it home.

2 injuries in the first 10 minutes crippled me but an early goal set the tone. An equaliser from Mansfield from a penalty. Ekangamene took us to 2-1 with a cracker then Mansfield equalised again.

14 minutes into extra time Fleet snuck one in and we went into shutdown mode. FINAL BABY!

Darlington v Croydon Athletic - Final

They were favoured going into the game but I thought I had the edge. It had been 1 a piece during the season so it was going to be good! They had also lost the FA Trophy Final a few weeks before.

The boys were nervous in front of a crowd of 38,816, easily 10x the largest crowd we had played to before. Of defence was carved open a few times but some cracking keeping kept them out.

36 minutes and off a corner Danny Duncan nailed in a header to take it to 1-0. We decided to play it safe and play shutdown football. It got hairy at times but we stuck in for the full 90 and walked away winners!

League Table

League Positions Graph I kept Rushden there to show how dominant they were.

FA Cup - Did really well to get to the 3rd round but drew Fulham :\ drew a capacity crowd to Keith Tuckey Stadium to watch us gallently try but fall to the Premier League giants

FA Trophy - played some young guns as I didnt care about the result. Lost in first round

Squad - Need to cull it a bit and make a few season loans next season

Transfers - Nothing spectacular. Picked up some young guns to develop and sell :)

Key Player Profiles

Simon Locke - Sold Gilpin and Locke stepped up big time. had a run of 11 games all clean sheets then another run going into the playoffs.

Lee Baker - Suprise package. I thought he was doing ok and kept him in rotation on the wing, then realised he was my top goalscorer and top rated player

Danny Duncan - Great defender and a cool name :)

Reece Fleet - Still killing it but getting a bit out of his depth now. Will be replaced soon

Career Overview

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 14th nil

2012/13 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 13th FA Trophy Win

2013/14 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 1st Promotion to BSP

2014/15 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet Premier 2nd Promotion to League2

Next Season

Woo! League football!

Need to get cashed UP and start earning some money now. Havent had any upgrades yet so some new traning facilities and a ground upgrade would do us heaps. Maybe tweak the squad a bit and get a new centre mid.

On a ten match unbeaten run in League 2, but SEVEN of them have been draws! We would be doing seriously well in this division if we could hold onto a lead.

Whereas I've just won my first game after a draw and 5 losses, ironically away 3-2 at Norwich, easily one of the strongest sides in the division. Go figure :)

Halfway report.

After struggling through the first ten or so games, we've now gone twelve games unbeaten (seven draws, five wins) which means that not only are we sitting in the top half, but we're only three points outside the play-off places. I don't for the first minute think we'll finish in that top seven this season, but it's a clear illustration that we're going in the right direction. We've managed to shore up our defence somewhat after shipping goals for fun in the early stages of the season, and the cup runs we've had so far have put us nicely in the black with a visit to Elland Road in the third round of the FA Cup still to come.

Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of advice, i am in my first season with Matlock on FM11 and have Ross Hannah and Nathan Joyness up front but i am looking for another striker who will score goals and who has a lot of pace along with a central defender who has pace.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of advice, i am in my first season with Matlock on FM11 and have Ross Hannah and Nathan Joyness up front but i am looking for another striker who will score goals and who has a lot of pace along with a central defender who has pace.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

For Striker I would suggest Nathaniel Jarvis or Chris Fagan. For Defence Oliver Nicholas was my quickest CB but anyone around 10 for pace and acceleration is quick enough at that level.

For Striker I would suggest Nathaniel Jarvis or Chris Fagan. For Defence Oliver Nicholas was my quickest CB but anyone around 10 for pace and acceleration is quick enough at that level.

Chris Fagan isn't so pacey though. And he was inconsistent for me.

Romone Rose is one to look out for upfront.

So I finished my 1st season, a full update will follow but suffice to say I will be spending another season in the BSS :(

Canvey Island End of Season Summary 2014/15 - Fourth Season

Media Prediction: 22nd

Actual Position: 8th

One word for this season 'average' we were always mid-table between 8th and 11th all season. This is not me complaining as I would have definitely have settled for 8th spot if it was offered to me at the beginning of the season. However with the strength of the squad and some of our performances this season we should have really been pushing for a play-off spot.

All the strikers were average with our top goalscorer being Daniel Nardiello with 15 goals which I am hoping he will improve on next season. The defence was impressive all season however we lacked backup players when injuries occurred which seemed to be constantly this season. There were a lot of positives to take from this season and I have a good feeling next season as I have signed some extremely promising youth players.

Aim for Next Season:

Promotion by any means possible

Add more depth to the squad

Attempt a decent cup run to take the finances out of the red and into the black

League Finishes

2011/12 6th BSS

2012/13 8th BSS

2013/14 1st BSS

2014/15 8th BSP

Chris Fagan isn't so pacey though. And he was inconsistent for me.

Romone Rose is one to look out for upfront.

So I finished my 1st season, a full update will follow but suffice to say I will be spending another season in the BSS :(

Fagan was quicker than most players in BSN and 44 goals in 55 games was just class for me but seems too be class or rubbish for everyone. I have a thing for ex-Man United youth players tbh lol

Wahey I'm back! Been away for a few days.. only Nottingham but that's a holiday for me!! Before that I'd been playing online too. Looks like I've been left behind even more.. About to start my first season in the BSP!

I'd love a login for that site wriches please mate. :)

AFC Hornchruch: Season 2011/12

Blue Square Bet South: 19th (try to avoid relegation)

FA Cup: Third Qualifying Rd (4th QR)

FA Trophy: Second Qualifying Rd (Enjoy it)

I survived!!!!!!!!

It was manic, it was crazy. As we were playing Eastleigh I kept checking the scores and wouldn't you know it Staines were only bloody beating them 2-1. It got to 85 minutes and I decided to settle for the points and as I did Staines scored a 3rd. We were staying up. On GOAL DIFFERENCE! Amazing. I've never had a season like it and I'll be honest, I don't want one again for a long time.

Blue Square South:

Final Table and Position graph

As you can see we were hardly out of 19th spot all season and it is ultimately where we finished. A very difficult first season marred by inconsistency and some really rubbish players. I had to keep strengthening throughout the season (as you will see) which probably led to the inconsistent nature of the team. Still we survived and that was the big, big thing.

FA Cup:

A win against Horton's Welling in QR2 was nice, especially after all the stick he'd been giving me, but Grays battered us in QR3 and we went no further.

FA Trophy:

A competition to forget as lower-league Billericay battered us 4-0 in our first match.

The Team:

Transfers

Lots of deadwood, lots of rubbish and half of it was brought in by me. At the beginning I couldn't sign anyone so just went for whoever. Luckily as we established ourselves in the division more players wanted to come to us and in the end I had a squad with just enough quality to stay up. As far as going forward is concerned the team has a solid backline, but my Keeper is awful. We need a new one of those, new wingers and a striker or two who can actually score.

Best XI

Fans player of the year was Craig Arnott who top scored with 9 goals and was probably our best player.

My player of the year was Barry Quinn. The centre-back was no way first choice but established himself and ended up being the rock that helped keep our Goals Against column low and ultimately helped keep us up.

Oh and here is my profile too.

Moments of the Season:

Best Moment: The 3-0 home win against Maidenhead. A defender playing in goal and down to 10 men after 60 minutes. We were 2-0 up and I expected us to blow it. Instead Deeney scored an outrageous 3rd and we won it easily. And my defender kept a clean sheet.

Worst Moment: The 2-1 defeat to Dartford in November. We were all set for a well earned point when a Dartford striker properly pushed my CB over outside of the box. He was the last man so the striker then sloted home. Livid doesn't even cover it and the ref didn't see it. Pretty much summed up the early part of the season.

Aims:

Improve the squad nearly everywhere except the back which is fairly strong.

Try and earn some money in order to boost finances (especially important as the board have slashed my wage bill by £1000)

Don't be anywhere near a relegation dog fight come the end of the season.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Blue Square South        19th   Avoided relegation

^ congrats wave

Tonbridge Angels- Blue Square South- Season 2012/13

With finances even tighter than last season I was unable to make many moves in the transfer market, so it was a rather quiet off season...I tried to get my chairman to get a parent club, which he did but then he "couldn't find any appropriate clubs"....:( The start of the season started almost as bad as last season and we again struggled to get points against any teams, although we were performing well. Fitness was a key aspect a well a not having a good goalscorer.

I found a few players to tighten my defence but couldn't really find any decent attackers, or none that weren't as good as my current players. So again we just struggled to get anywhere in the season, although I never thought we would get relegated, unlike last season. A good FA Cup run helped finances for a short while but we never played a high profile team. The team was severely lacking in confidence and this was majorly affecting our performances, throwing away 2-0 leads on numerous occasions and missing chance upon chance... It wasn't great to watch.

In February I finally found a striker. Phillip Rogers. He had been released from Arsenal the previous year, was a under 21 republic of ireland player and requested just £80 a week. His stats were obviously not great, but he had high numbers in the physical attributes and good stats for dribbling and finishing. He scored within 20 seconds of his debut and then scored 7 goals in his first 8 games. Our form increased in this time and we moved clear of the relegation zone, for a moment I actually thought we might move further up the table.

But then he suffered from lack of confidence and this also meant we suffered poor form again. A really poor end o the season meant we finished no higher than last season...:(

Final League Standings

Performance of the Season

F.A Cup - Lost in First Round

F.A Trophy - Lost in Third Qualifying round.

I did manage to appear on the nominees for Manager of the Season though somehow.

Career Record

Season    League                League position    Other acheivments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Blue Square South        19th            None
2012/13    Blue Square South        19th            None

Goals/Expectations for next Season

Any improvement from last season would be good. I'm going to spend a lot of time searching through the free transfer market this time and am determined to get a good amount of signings. I'm happy with a lot of my team, but still have many improvements, mainly in midfield.

Will try to get a parent club again.

Is it possible to be so ****ed off that I actually felt like releasing two players, yet completely delighted at the same time?

Because I just felt something similar...

2-0 down to Stoke in the FA Cup 6th Round after 65 minutes. Steven Reid and Titus Bramble BOTH scoring Own Goals!!!! :mad:

67 minutes, Alex Henshall scores to make it 2-1.

In the 3rd minute of injury time, Francisco Javier Lopez Sanchez pops up once again to equalise!

Sheer anger/absolute delight in one game. NOT happy with Steven Reid and Titus Bramble. :mad::mad:

MUSTWINREPLAY! If I win, I get Man Utd away! KER-CHING!

Welsh Wizard: WTF mate, a 4th straight season as champions, and 3 cup trophies to boot! :p You're making all the rest of us look terrible! I do love all the ex-united players in the squad though!

wriches: site looks great! Perhaps add one more column to the main page with achievements for the last season, so that is visible without having to open each person individually. Everything else looks great. Shoot me over a login when you get time :)

deafncat: Looks like once you made it out of the BSS you're on a roll :)

Terk: GL! Glad to see the season is turning around

Ridleys: ROFL! when did I become the Crystal Palace manger? :p

heat02: Good solid start for your first BSP season :)

Wavelberry: Congrats on staying up! That last day of the season must have been quite the nail biter.

Mitsuko: Unlucky :( Those ruts where confidence is low are really hard to break out of. Good luck for next season!

Finally got some FM myself today (day off!). On my final pre-season game atm so I should have an update up soonish.

Well, this should be a walk in the park then! =/

Glad to have made it as far as I have to be honest! Doncaster current sit 4th in League 1...

Well it wasn't to be the big win I wanted, but a good showing from the lads. I think 30/1 was a bit of a steep price for our performance!

I've just put together a very quick site where we can collate our results:

http://fmtracker.co.uk

Basically there is a main group table which will show the latest season for each person (whichever season you choose as "Current"), and you can click on the person's name and see a bit more detail and their previous seasons.

Anyone can view the group table or the individual tables, but you have to be logged in as that user to edit/add seasons.

It's pretty basic at the moment so please let me know if something is wrong with it and I'll try to fix it. And please let me know any features that would be easier/cooler/whatever.

I'll probably open it up to public registration when it's a) working better and b) not so ugly, but for now just let me know if you want to use it and I'll PM you a pass.

Looks very good, and can only get better the more people that join! Link if you don't mind please? =)

Chippenham Town Pre-Season Review - Blue Square Bet South - 2013/14

Last season ended with a play-off semi-final loss. Its well documented I was unhappy with my current team, and that I went way overboard in offseason transfers. The goal for this season is simple: Gain promotion as Champions.

Transfers In/Out:

In: Most of my transfers in were documented in my last post. However, I did end up making two additional signings that may end up being notable (yes I know, I need to stop signing people :p )

Matt Darko: The ex-Manchester United prospect was released when his contract expired on june 30th. My scouts rated him leading championship potential, so I had to go after him. I don't expect him to start much this season, but he will feature on the subs bench and see some playing time.

Oliver Bell: Another Ex-united prospect who was released on june 30th. I had scouted Oliver way back in March and my best scout said he was good PREM potential. I was surprised to see him get released and immediately requested an updated report. My scout still believes he is good PREM potential, so signing him wasn't even a question. His stats aren't that great, but he will be starting at DR from the start in hopes I can somehow develop that potential. The only downside to this signing is it means my project will no longer be starting, but considering I was unable to find him a tutor, that might be a good thing.

Out: 4 more players have left the club since the last update. ALL of them were unhappy and I just wanted them gone, regardless of what I got in return. I did put 50% sell on clauses on all of them, so I do hope they do well at their next clubs. Of the players leaving, only Garston featured at all last season and I have cover for the position.

Friendlies

With the player sales over the off-season bringing our finances almost back to the black, I wasn't looking for big money paydays from friendlies. I wanted moral to be very high by the end so that we can start the league calendar off on a good start. Aberdeen was adamant about playing us for some reason though, so I scheduled it early so as not to affect moral.

Game 1 - Chippenham vs Aberdeen - 0 - 2 loss : As mentioned I wanted this game as early as possible so as not to affect moral. However, I couldn't remember when the players got back from holiday. This match ended up being played only the day after they returned, and everyone's fitness was a disaster (60s to start lol). Despite having no fitness at all, we kept the game close. My probable first team played just the first half and we went in level. Even the subs who played second half (I changed out all but the keeper), did very well until late on. It was a good start.

Game 2 - Chippenham vs Southend - 2 -2 Draw: League 1 southend was the other big club to want to play us this year. Again I underestimated fitness levels for this match (I forgot to rest players in between this and Aberdeen). The first team had no legs even from the start and we conceded twice early (should have been 3). From there we managed to hold on to half-time and I could bring on some slightly fresher legs. I again subbed out the entire side at the half. The second team again played very well. Fitness levels evened out near the end of the match and we were able to get back in the game. In stoppage time Gibson let me know he wants his first team spot back and leveled the game. A great result on shaky legs against a good opposition.

Game 3 - Chippenham vs Calne - 2 - 0 Win: With the two big games out of the way it was time to try and rebuild moral. To keep it realistic, I play local club teams during this phase of friendlies. Fitness levels were still poor, but we dominated the match. A couple new signings found the net, and the result was never in doubt.

Game 4 - Chippenham vs Corsham - 5 - 0 Win: Another moral builder, we walked all over Corsham.

Game 5 - Chippenham vs Devizes - 5 - 0 Win: Another big win + clean sheet = happy manager. Steven Hooper proved in this match that he can play the full 90 minutes and knocked Marko Mitrovic to the subs bench.

Game 6 - Chippenham vs Swindon - 1 - 1 Draw: The final big test of the pre-season. Chippenham's parent club is league 1 Swindon. The team played very well, and was further helped when Swindon had a man sent off for a last man foul. With the man advantage I decided to see whether we could play attacking football. We did, and played very well, but an absolutely brilliant game by Swindon's keeper stopped us from taking the win we deserved. If he hadn't been on his game, it could easily have been 3 or 4-1. The draw didn't hurt moral, and that was the most important thing :)

Game 7 - Chippenham vs Melksham - 4 - 0 Win: The final game to prep for the season and it went well. Steven Hooper earned his second hat trick of the pre-season. If he can keep this up against slightly better opposition, he is going to be a fantastic player for Chippenham long term (champ potential).

Overall, it was a fantastic pre-season. There are only 3 starters from last year still in the first 11, but the new boys seem to be gelling quickly, which is fantastic. Moral going into the opening matches is great, and I'm hoping we can start strong and put together a good run. The squad is deep enough to withstand ANY injury crises (I have WAY too many players lol). I'm going to try and loan out a few people to get them more playing time, but I doubt I will get mamy takers. Either way, I'm hoping with a big squad we can be competitive on multiple fronts. That being said, if fixture congestion becomes a problem, the cups will be sacrificed. Automatic promotion is the goal for the season, and nothing else will get in the way!

Quavis 3 starters left wow. Sounds like my local team I support.

They are running first and touted as the best team ever in the league, So I hope you have the same luck ;)

West Ham are my biggest affiliated club and somehow they are coming 5th in the Premier League! Woo!

I just changed my formation from a 4-1-4-1 to 4-4-2 with 2 attacking wingers. Killing it with the extra firepower!

Player recommendation time.

Alex Henshall

Man City youngster who can play on both wings (with training). Brilliant as both a winger and inside forward. He's currently keeping Nery Castillo out of the team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with the end of the season approaching (I'm in March), Andy Carroll has 18 goals, Carlton Cole has 20. Anyone fancy pretend-y bets on who will get the most out of them?

I'll say Carroll will edge it

Bedtime update...

Carlton Cole - 21

Andy Carroll - 20

Just beat Wigan 3-0 to go up to 6th in the table. There are some absolute stars brewing in this team. Carroll, Ibrahim, Santiago, Henshall and Lopez Sanchez, to name a few. I HAVE to try and sign Lopez Sanchez at some point, I need him permanently.

Haha maybe not, just lost 5-2 to Scunthorpe

Ouch :\

Going out to buy a 60gb SSD drive now. Once I have windows on, first thing to install and see how it runs is FM11 :) hopefully there is a decent speed increase!

Keep us posted! I've ordered this which will not only be a solid state drive but TWO in RAID configuration and should hopefully be blazing fast. Most of the people in the hardware threads here are trying to run 30/40 leagues at a time. Since I only play the dafuge challenge, I can't even imagine how quickly 5 leagues will run!

I paid for 2 day shipping on Thursday before learning that UPS take a long weekend at Thanksgiving time here in the states, so I won't be getting it tomorrow.

Haha windoze 7 installed, firefox installed, graphics/sounds/network installed, FM11 installed/patched, forums loaded

in that order :p

its running damn quick now! maybe its just in my mind but it seems to be heaps faster. Wish I had a bunch of them to run in RAID but im poor and they are exxy :) well worth it though so far!

just doing little things on the drives etc is super quick!@

I got 1x OCZ 60G Vertex Series SSD

WOW Just played Colchester (L1) in round 4 of the FA Cup at home to a packed house. We scored on 35 minutes and dominated the whole game. Then they slotted one in at 90+4 :|

THEN with 2 minutes left in ET, My new striker Rory Patterson gave a big slide tackle on their striker IN THE BOX AND GOT SENT OFF AND A PENALTY. 2-1 :( Im gutted right now

Ashton United 2015/16 Season Summary

Coming season ending in the year of our Lord 2016. Ashton United fans could look back on a season starting in frustration and ending in rejoice. First choice goalie was out with a long term injury, leaving it to the subs to perform, which they did not do to the best of their abilities. League and FA cup were both a failure before starting, with exits in their very first rounds. A new keeper was introduced to the squad, having served 11 seasons straight for Crystal Palace, 36 year old Speroni was no longer needed and was happy to come see his career out at Ashton. With and older experience in goal we started turning losses and draws to wins and went all the way to rise as champions of L2 and winners of JPT.

The Cups:

League: 1st round exit to Huddersfield 1-2 (CH team)

FA: 1st round exit to Ipswich 2-4 (L1 3rd place)

JPT: 1st round win vs Burton 2-1. 2nd round win vs Crewe 2-1. Qtr final win vs Preston 1-1p. Semi final win vs Bury

2-1. Final North leg1 vs Chesterfield 3-0 away leg2 0-1. Final in front of 27000 we killed Gillingham 5-0.

Alot of players loaned out this season and many sold for free with transfer clauses, only a few players that was signed to first team are worth mentioning for this season, as well as a few who really played good.

GK -

Julian Speroni - Was a true star and hero in the back, always good for a beer in after training (he does have gambling issues thu)

DC -

Jonathan Lunt - Has been in the squad for 3 seasons, and proved himself this season for starting 11. Doubt he will develop more, but should still be able to cope with L1

DC -

Nikos Symeou - Young greek with bundles of potential, have high hopes for this one, his second season at Ashton.

MC -

Tyler French - Was a vital part of the midfield this season and has been with Ashton since BSN

MC -

Ollie! - Another great season for ollie, clearly a team, fan and coach favourite. Always there with a smile and a dirty joke when you are feeling low.

MR -

Ehsan Zahmani - (new signing) Promising winger, previously 4 years at FC Groningen.

SC -

Marko Mitrovic - Decent season for him, had hoped for more goals, but also noticed he came late for many trainings and didnt train well this year (personally i blame fifa 2011)

SC -

Kyle Watkins - (new signing) Amazing youth, amazing talent, amazing prospect - and doubt i will have him next season, a few PRM clubs wants him :(

Hope to get an abroad feeder for work permits next season, soo many good prospects from Ukraine and Russia, and none of them are getting work permits atm..

[left]Season      League  League   Finish Achievements
2011/12     BSS/N   2nd      Promoted via playoffs
2012/13     BSP     2nd      FAT runner up
2013/14     BSP     2nd      Promoted via play offs
2014/15     L2      7th      None
2015/16     L2      1st      Winner, JPT Winner[/left]

Archived