dafuge's FM11 challenge

690.png

Northwich Victoria

Season 3 - 2014/15 – Coca Cola League 2

Preseason - Media Prediction: 10th

Final placing: 2nd

Aim

After a successful BSP campaign I really wasn't expecting too much from the squad this year. I made no major moves in transfer market compared to the 3 previous seasons. I brought in a targetman, a centre half and a full back on loan (I still couldnt find a decent one from last season due to my financial restrictions!). I opted for a target of safe mid-table even though I was being touted as an outside bet for promotion by the media. I started off with a 4-3 win at home to Tranmere Rovers and at that point I just had that "oh here we go" feeling a topsy turvey madhouse season was going to commence, but it was misplaced...I then lost the next 3 games in a row meaning I went out of the league cup (albeit to Sheffied Wednesday) at the first hurdle.

I really couldn't tell you what was the single thing I did to turn it around...maybe it was moving Pierce my loaned left back to centre half...*shrug* I've absolutely no idea - but I just started to win...and win regularly whilst throwing in some draws and the odd defeat, but I was remarkably consistent for the next 25'ish games. It was only when I reached the 30 games point in the season I started to stutter a bit but I battled on through it and got some really good results towards the end, including a stunning 3-0 victory away over 3rd placed Crewe Alexandra.

The League cup was a non-starter as I've said, and I managed to reach the 3rd round of the FA Cup losing away at Villa, but I made a nice 500k in that game so I wasn't too upset (paid for my season that game effectively). I went out of the JPT with a whimper too, but I honestly think the lack of cup games just aided my league form.

League | Graph

Finances

Top goalscorer

Harry Bunn with 18 goals in all competitions. In all honesty I expected more but he misses alot of chances. I'm going to be giving serious consideration to revamping my front line.

Northwich Victoria's managers top player award

This is an absolute no-brainer; Moses Swaibu takes this with consumate ease. An absolute rock over the season at the back and this is even before I mention the 14, yes 14 goals he contributed. The man is immense when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net through getting on the end of a set-piece. Hats off to the man.

Next Season

I'd say survival again. I don't plan to add crazily to the squad (I say plan but hey ho :p) and I reckon the current playing staff will have found their level. I will however do my best to cut the dead wood and add some fresh blood, I just want to avoid the 10 out 10 in scenario every year (doesnt lend to realism for me..).

Career Overview

Code:

Season          League          End Position          Achievements
2011-12          BSN                 2nd              Promotion via playoffs
2012-13          BSP                 7th
2013-14          BSP                 1st              BSP Champions
2014-15          L2                  2nd              Promoted

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC HORNCHURCH SEASON REVIEW 2013/14

Media Prediction: 17th

Well what a season, at the end of last season we went on a unbeaten run (not sure how many games) that gave me some confidence going into the new season, with some smart signings I felt were were good enough to mount a real challenge. We started the season with a 4-2 win and never looked back for the first few months, we even opened up a 5 point lead at one stage, but we hit a real tricky spell at the end on Nov that lasted through till Jan, though we somehow managed to keep picking up points so were in and around the top 4 all season. Going into the home run we drew 4 in a row which not only cut our lead it dropped us to 4th (our lowest place of the season i think?) but out of nowhere my players re-found their early season form and we crushed 5th place Farnbrough 5-0 on their own patch before beating Welling 2-0 at home.

Going into the last day of the season we were top 1 point clear of both Havent & W and Ebbsfleet and we had to play Ebbsfleet away, I was slightly worried my players were cool as ice as we cruised to a 3-0 win and the league was ours!

Key Players

Haladine http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/LewisHaldaneProfile_Attributes.png - signed on a free from Port Vale and the wide man very quickly became a key player due to his goals and his ability to beat a man and put in a cross.

James Poole

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/JamesPooleProfile_Attributes-1.png - James has been with us for 3 seasons now and scores for fun! He has 52 goals in 109 games, this season was poor by his standards as other teams worked out how to stop him (mainly due to managers talking before the game and his morale dropping and taking ages to get back) but still scored the the goals in the run in and I hope he can step up

Bagshaw

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q43/darren1983_2006/Dafuge%202011/CallumBagshawProfile_Attributes-1.png - Not much to add as most on herre know about him, but I will add that he scores some great goals from outside the box with some real power and they often prove to be key goals

The Cups: Nothing to see here, move along! Out in the first round of both - I hate cups!

Aims For Next Season

Stay up - anything more will be a bonus

Ridleys: A good solid season in the BSP, clear from relegation :) Matt Upson looks like quite the player, I hope you can hang onto both him and Borini. Good luck next season!

Annihilator666: Wow what the season! Congrats on both the League Championship and the JPT trophy. Good luck in league 1!

Jaffa: Congrats on promotion! Another loaner? *smacks* we were doing so well this year without them lol. Congrats on the Villa draw! 4 promotion spots and only 2 relegated...god I miss league 2. 14 goals from a DC?? Quit abusing the corner glitches! J/K 10 out 10 in is just as realistic as everyone getting promoted this fast :p Thanks for another great update! Goodluck in League 1.

Darren1983: Congrats again. Now the pressure is all on me to make sure the 3rd times the charm still works lol. Thanks for the extended update :)

Chippenham Town - Blue Square Bet South - 2013/14 - Off-Season Changes

As most of you already know, I was not pleased with how the last season ended. We had played well until the end of the year and then self-destructed. Not only did we miss out on winning the division, but we also gave up a pair of stoppage time goals to lose in the play-off semi-final. When I posted my Season review I was quite a bit miffed at the players and ready to totally revamp the squad.

I normally don't go overboard with signings after the first season. However, with my squad underachieving, and 5+ people unhappy with either their contracts or playing time, I was ready to make an exception. Even I had no idea this off-season would be quite as dramatic as it has turned out to be.

The Rebuild

Just prior to the end of the season last year I was able to bring in a few players I had been monitoring over the year. None had been willing to talk, but that finally changed when they realized it was either sign or retire. I didn't play them in the play-offs so as not to upset the team chemistry (fat lot of good that did), but they will feature next season.

Marko Mitrovic - Other than gibson, we have stuggled to find the goals. I'm this signing finally ends the striker by committee.

Victor Palsson - A solid all around footballer. I haven't decided whether he will start at MC or DC, though I'm leaning to MC.

Cameron Stewert - More pacy cover for our off-injured wingers. With all the new blood you'll read about later, I'm not sure he will feature much.

James Gray - Um yeah, I always have too many strikers, and now is no different. Hes better backup than I had before.

Connor Henderson - See above re wingers. He may also play DL.

Andras Simon - see above on strikers. Strikers seem to get injured more than anyone else, so I like having lots of cover.

I wanted to continue to rebuild by bringing in high quality, ready to play foreign players. However, given that we are still in the BSS and our reputation still probably sucks, no one was interested. As I mentioned in a minor update, I completely over-reacted. On June 1st, when the English leagues released their players, I went through and offered contracts to 30+ players (regens) released by prem teams, all rated L1 or better by my top scout. They were willing to come, willing to sign full time contracts for low money, and were willing to come as prospects so I wouldn't hear whining if I didn't play them immediately. In the end, 16 of them agreed and signed long term contracts with the club.

The Cream of the Crop

Steven Hooper - Striker - Arsenal - As mentioned before, shortly after signing with the club, Hooper went to join the England U-19 team. Unfortunately he didn't play, so he is still technically uncapped, but he is still a member of the squad. My best scout rates him as leading Championship Potential. If this proves to be the case, I hope I can keep him in a Chippenham kit for years to come.

James Marsh - MC/MR - Blackburn - James Marsh in another member of the England U-19 squad. He also did not play and is technically uncapped, but that doesn't bother me. My scout doesn't rate him quite as highly, but if I can get him to develop his leading league 1 potential, he will still be worth it.

Colin Patterson - MR/ML - Chelsea - While not a member of the England U-19s, my scout thinks he is also leading championship potential! :) Time shall tell, but I'm willing to take that gamble on only 110/wk wages.

The Project

Simon Beckford - DR/DC - Reading - OMG just look at those physical stats. He is currently as dumb as an ox, but at least hes determined and a hard worker. There was no way I wasn't signing this guy. Several years ago a wise old player once told me that physical stats dominate the lower leagues. So far, I've also found that to be true. I'm hoping I can get someone to tutor him and see if we cant do something about the awful mental attributes. If I can, watch out, because this guy is going to be unstoppable. With his pace, I'm half tempted to retrain him as either a striker or winger to take advantage of it.

The One that got Away

Tommy Allen - MRC/AMRC - Tottenham - The 3rd free agent in the England U-19s who was availible. The news item reported him as the top player released, and my scouts had him rated as leading championship potential. When I looked at his transfer tab, there were almost 15 teams interested in signing him, from lowly Chippenham to championship side Blackpool. I tossed him the largest contract I could offer, 375k/wk, but it wasn't enough. He ended up signing for 1.2k/week with Blackpool. That the championship side picked him up only confirms that he must have had great potential. I would have loved to see him wearing a Chippenham kit.

Don't let the Door Hit you on the Way OUT

The title to this section is slightly misleading, as so far I haven't been able to get rid of the unhappy players :p . I'm still hoping to move ~5 more people before season end, even if I have to give them away. That being said, 4 players have already left the club this off-season, including 1 I didn't think I would lose.

Jamie Reckord - DL - Jamie had been attracting attention for the Welsh clubs for some time. I even turned down an offer from Llanelli for 31k during the January window last season. He had been valued at 50k at the time, and with multiple teams interested I wanted to wait it out. The ex-Wolves player featured heavily for me in season 1, but was kept out of the side for almost all of season 2. My assistant still thinks hes is the best left back at the club, but I was ready to cash in. TNS opened the bidding at 50k upfront. Neath raised the offer to 61k, with most of the money over time. Llanelli upped it further to 71k, again mostly over time. All 3 offers were accepted, and Jamie picked TNS. 50k upfront was fine with me. The offer also include 20% sell on.

Billy Knott - AML/ML/DL - Another player who featured heavily in season 1. However, with two faster wingers coming in between season 1 and season 2, he saw very little action season 2. My assistant recommended transfer listing him, which I did. Of course this caused him to become unhappy, so he needed to go. Again it was the 3 welsh clubs who came in for him. TNS again opened with the lowball offer of 20k (this time over time, I assumed they were broke - LOL). Llanelli came in and 24k (over time), and Neath topped it at 28k. This time I rejected TNS and Llanelli, and pretty much forced him to Neath. The offer was still mostly over time, so we will get 1k/month from neath for the next 24 months.

Jordan Brown - DR/DL - Jordan featured on the substitutes bench almost all season both years. I really appreciate players who can play multiple positions and cover any injuries that may come up. He made about a dozen appearances each year. My coaches had told me it was time to transfer list him however, and with me over my wage budget after all the signings, it was time for him to go. Canvey Island came in and offered to take him for free. I negotiated a 50% sell on and that was that.

WTF???

Every year something new happens in this challenge that just blows you away. In early June, I got a news item that TNS wanted to make an inquiry about the availability of Johnny Cosgrove.

For those of you that have been following my story, you may remember Johnny as being signed this last year right before the second round FA cup tie. He came on and scored 4 goals to become an instant fan-favorite. However, since then, Johnny has had horrid injury trouble. He tore a knee ligament shortly after arrival and was out for 2 months. After recovering, he struggled to find his form again and featured only a handful of times. Still, on paper he is the best striker I had, worth 50k, and I wasn't really looking to move him on.

I decided to try and scare TNS away. I set a value of 250k over 48 months with a 50% sell on. A few days later I get this message. TNS had accepted. The chairman stepped in and approved the deal. I have absolutely no problem with that, it was a ridiculous amount and I would have accepted it as well. Where the heck is TNS getting this money??? Needless to say, they also offered Johnny a much higher contract that he was on and he agreed to move. The first really big transfer of the campaign, and I have no idea where it came from. I hadn't even noticed anyone following him.

The good: 250k is 250k. That is stupid money at this level and I'll take it. 5k/month for 4 years will go a long way to plugging our leaking finances. I also have that nice 50% sell on clause. Lets hope TNS can develop him where I did not. The bad: the money is all over time. That means that for now, the club is still broke and I cant try and persuade the board to upgrade any facilities. On paper, he was the best striker I had, and will be missed.

Conclusion

So ends the whirlwind month of June. With all the new additions, the squad may look quite different than last year. I have a new batch of players to try and develop, which should keep me busy. I still need to get rid of some people and attempt to get the wage budge under control. I still need to replace the staff with more competent trainers, but that will wait until after august 1st (for some reason this seems to be the day staff all appear, at least in prior versions). For now, its off to the friendlies and time to find out what we've got. I still expect to win the league this year, and heaven forbid we fail again......

I hope you all enjoy these updates. I probably could move through seasons much faster without them, but I really enjoy doing them, regardless of whether we are doing well or struggling. The story that goes with this challenge is far more enjoyable to me than winning, or even completing this challenge. As always, I also enjoy all of your updates, so please keep doing them :)

HendonFcCrest.png

HENDON DONS PRESEASON REPORT: 2016/17

English Premiere Division

Notes:

Wigan has enquired about both of my young goalkeepers.

On that note both of the goalies want an improved deal(and received one)

Goal=avoid relegation=$10.25mill transfer/82k wage(already spending 103k uuuuuuugh), might kill transfer budget only if I can sign more guys.

New transfer budget=6million. Wage budget=165k/week. Now I can sign some new faces. Thank goodness.

Going to be great being able to scout wherever I want too now.

5000-1 odds to win it all. Still too poor of odds.

It looks like i'll be signing lots of spanish players cause so many good spanish players. Like none of them are terrible.

New Signings:

MC: Renaud Cohade-18.25k/week-2 years-good epl mc. mmk then

Offered contract to Cosmin Vlad-Leading EPL MR(20/20 scout)-17 years old-950k transfer. Man City and Chelsea also involved. ugh.

DL: Hamdani Kamal-Comoros DL who is projected to be a decent LB. 19 years old. $600/week

Everywhere Midfielder: Peter Whittingham-31 year old everything guy, $5250/week 2 years. neat.

DL: Jack RObinson-22 years old. Well since my awesome transfer target chose someone else(meanie), he'll step in for 4 years $9250/week. GOOD EPL LB.

omgomgomg Cosmin Vlad selected Hendon over Man City and Chelsea. omgomgomg.

A(MR):Cosmin Vlad-$950k transfer from VIllareal. 17 years old. (20/20 scout) states LEADING EPL MR. $2100/week 3 years. what a steal for me.

DLC:Javier-Spanish free transfer. Turned down NINE other teams to sign me with for $12000/week for 4 years (20 potential scout) lists as LEADING EPL DL. Already GOOD EPL DL.

ST: Oscar Bolanos-$4400/week. 3 years. Another Spanish player. Projected to be a good epl striker. Appears to be more of a setup guy atm though. Touted as the next David Villa. whoa.

DC: Jose Vincente- Turned down three Spanish clubs. (20/20) scout says LEADING EPL DC. 19 years old, $6500/week 3 years. 6'6" 15 marking/tackling beast.

ML: Andres- Turned down 5 other teams. 20 years old. (20/20) scout says LEADING EPL ML. $9500/week 4 years.

current wages at 147k. ooh.

DRC: Paul McShane-30 y/o workhorse defender. 2 years $4500/week.

ST: Benik Afobe-23 year old 16 pace/14 striker to replace Saric, plus I noticed I only had like 4 strikers. 4 years $3600/week.

Things should get very interesting quite soon!

Goals/Thoughts:

Stay up.?? This was basically a perfect off season for me to legitimately build up for the future, while hopefully being able to stay up in the future. My main concerns are my goalies and my strikers, and if they can play well staying up should be fine. If last year is any indication, I should hover around 17th with brief jumps to as high as 14th, and falling to 19th. I really just hope there is at least one team that is just terrible(like Plymouth was last season.) So yeah Year 1 of the 5-6 year plan has now officially begun.

*gulp*

Another blanket thanks to everyone for giving me things to browse and read late at night when there is nothing on tv(like right now :D), and may success stories be aplenty, and congratulations spread around for all to enjoy.

Looks like I'll be ending up around 14- 15th again in my second season at Croydon Athletic. Somehow I'm into the FA Trophy final though

I do really well at cups but super average in general :\

pickemgenius Show us a list of the league. Curious who is in the league :)

*edit* I got 13th! PB!

Mitsuko: Glad to see you manged to avoid relegation! It gets much better once you can offload the deadwood and bring in some more of your own players. The league table in your season is amazing. The top 6 teams have incredible point totals. I finished on 77 points last season which was good enough for 3rd and I would barely have slid into the last playoff spot. If you can only bring in a couple guys for next season, I'd work on strengthening the back four. I've always found that its much easier to defend first than it is to try and chase a game where you are already down a bunch of goals. Welcome to the challenge and thanks for the update!

Well I got rid of over half of my squad...and yet my board gave me less wages than last year, so I was still spending too much! So I had to sell my £725 a week striker (vastly overpaid).

Started this season with 3 defeats, but we've scored in all of them. I just need to try and get another center back and a winger and things should be ok.

Oh and this was the goal that ultimately kept me up last season.

:p

Ridleys: A good solid season in the BSP, clear from relegation :) Matt Upson looks like quite the player, I hope you can hang onto both him and Borini. Good luck next season!

Annihilator666: Wow what the season! Congrats on both the League Championship and the JPT trophy. Good luck in league 1!

Jaffa: Congrats on promotion! Another loaner? *smacks* we were doing so well this year without them lol. Congrats on the Villa draw! 4 promotion spots and only 2 relegated...god I miss league 2. 14 goals from a DC?? Quit abusing the corner glitches! J/K 10 out 10 in is just as realistic as everyone getting promoted this fast :p Thanks for another great update! Goodluck in League 1.

Darren1983: Congrats again. Now the pressure is all on me to make sure the 3rd times the charm still works lol. Thanks for the extended update :)

I'm not aware of any corner glitches in this version..I avoid the tactics help forum like the plague to be honest. IMO if you use someone elses tactics etc, why even bother playing the game?! I've been using the same corner free kick setup since year dot - IE play to best header of the ball ;)

Had a decent start in the Championship. We're only 15th after 6 games but i've been really pleased with our performances, and we just got a 4-2 win over Crystal Palace which will boost confidence. We've also got through to the 3rd round of the League cup despite fielding my backup players. Next we face Liverpool! Echoes of our epic FA cup match a few years back, but they might not be underestimating us this time!

croydon-athletic.png

Croydon Athletic - Blue Square Bet South - 2012/13

Last Season was a building season and I guess we're still going. Got 13th which was ok considering my terrible start to the season, but won the FA Trophy which was awesome and gave me much needed funds

League Table

League Positions Graph

FA Cup - Not to bad getting to thtie first round but schooled by Sfd Wed once there.

FA Trophy - My team were exceptional during these games. This title run seemed to coincide with my team having a win streak, so that helped. Took me to the trophy :)

Squad - Still going......need some decent depth to the team and maybe a star midfielder? not sure yet

Transfers - Some decent pickups, Mooney and Maxted 2 great prospects. Unloaded Andy Blackburn who was whining and got a nice 22k for him

Key Player Profiles

David Mooney - Goal Scoring machine! did his knee halfway through the season and didn't get another start though :\

James Gilpin - Decent GK who was the only member of the original team. Got an offer of 20k for him and it was to hard to turn down. My backup GK was whining about no game time and he is great too so all good :)

James Gibb - Still a classic and stepped up when Mooney was injured for the second half of the season. Mooney got back in time to play off the bench in the last game of the season, the Trophy match. :\

Lloyd Evans - going strong and captaining like a champ

Career Overview

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 14th nil

2012/13 Croydon Athletic England Blue Square Bet South 13th FA Trophy Win

Next Season

Want to really step it up and have a go. Need to have a good start though, that crippled us towards the end of last season

I'll edit this post later with screenshots (At work) but a nice short end of season 2011/2012 review:

Northwich - Blue Square Bet North - 2011/12

League:

<Insert Picture>

Squad:

<Insert Picture>

Transfers:

<Insert Picture>

In my first season with Northwich I finished 7th and lost out on the playoffs on a goal difference of 2 goals, my best signing was Poole (striker) and Neil Quashie (found him in the free transfers and he's turned out to be a star player). I didn't get very far in the FA Cup or the FA Trophy as it took a long time for my new squad to gel and I was near the relegation zone for the first 10 games.

Next Season:

Try to manage the wage budget and get that in check, clear out some of the older players (try bring in some young talent for the future on lower wages) and push for the play-offs in the new season.

Only problem with signing a whole new team and backup is that I went crazy and I'm now £1000 a week over my wage budget and I'm trying to sell players but it's really hard in this version, does anyone have any tips?

2013/2014 Blue Square Premiership - Tooting & Mitcham United

Tooting and Mitcham's first season in the Blue Square Prem and it started with a bit of a disaster, in the pre-season i sent out my scouts to scout all the free transfers in the game but i didnt realise that the list was 3000+ players long. lets just say that even now my scouts are still working through the list of players!!

so what this meant was that i couldnt really scout for new players so in the close season i only brought in 2 players a Liberian Striker Abe Donzo and a Journeyman Winger Craig Westcarr. My honest aims at this point were just to struggle through the season, concentrate on the Fa Cup when it arose to clear funds and maybe sell some high performing players so that next season i could have a fresh start with a decent bank balance.

What instead happened was utter domination, i won my first game 4-0 and remained top until 10 games to go where I was 16 points clear of 2nd place, at this point i went on manager holiday as i was pretty certain i wouldnt be caught but i think my assistant manager is a bit rubbish as i lost 6 out of the 10 games but luckily maintained a 3 point gap to win the league ahead of Crawley!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFvQ/TOuzMIqMR6I/AAAAAAAAAWw/iNkiOwXjZng/s1600/league.jpg

player wise my new striker was amazing netting 31 in 35, he was backed up by last seasons high performers, wingers Ansah-Owusu and Evina and my captain and rock Derrick Williams.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Z7t7SQBWFvQ/TOuzpsUT9HI/AAAAAAAAAW4/Tl4S0DStIOk/s1600/stats%2Bseason%2B3.jpg

so i'm officially a League Club, i think a cull of my players is in order and hopefully i can hire a scout to look at players as my two scouts are still working through the list from last year!!

Congratulations on the promotion Shocker7, but your report begs one obvious question.....WHY ON EARTH go on holiday?? madness, enjoy the good times pal cos you wont be able to holiday when your struggling ;)

FC United of Manchester - Blue Square Bet north - 2011/12

A decent season. Was hoping i could get in the playoff, but my team wasn't good when i wanted them to be.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was really up and down this season.

FA Cup - 2nd qual. round - Lost to Witton

FA Trophy - 2nd round - Lost to Bury

Squad

Key Player Profiles:

Mike Norton - Topscorer with only 13 goals.

Jerome Wright - 11 assists.

Anton Blackwood - An average rating on 6.95 as the highest in the squad. That is too low!

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Blue Square South        15th       n/a

Next Season

Improve my defence and get a good striker.

Playoff.

Championship. Wigan dropped down a while back.

In other news, I've actually managed to win three in a row :eek:

I've also managed to make some much needed wage cuts, to battle the massively declining finances.

Oh, right. I'm Championship too. The step up isn't quite as drastic as I expected, getting some decent results even though i'm not too happy with my squad.

Oh, right. I'm Championship too. The step up isn't quite as drastic as I expected, getting some decent results even though i'm not too happy with my squad.

I started quite badly, but appear to have sorted that out. 6 wins in a row, with 18 goals scored in them. Cole & Carroll are finally gelling.

I started quite badly, but appear to have sorted that out. 6 wins in a row, with 18 goals scored in them. Cole & Carroll are finally gelling.

Carroll is at Liverpool in my game, so that's quite a signing! The most famous player I got is Robbie Keane. But the best signing has been Cristian Fabbiani, he's fantastic to watch.

Carroll is at Liverpool in my game, so that's quite a signing! The most famous player I got is Robbie Keane. But the best signing has been Cristian Fabbiani, he's fantastic to watch.

Keane's just took over at Blackburn on mine.

Also, just beaten Huddersfield 3-0. Things are going well :)

Over the Xmas hump and now it looks like i could still challenge for a play off place, sitting in 12th now but 5 games unbeaten 15 points from second place, that being said only 10 points from a relegation spot as well. But still 15 games to go so all to play for!

I have the issue with this game that I want to play with backgrounds enabled, but all the default skins have white text so I cant see writing on the backgrounds, especially on the squad screen...anyway hohum bah humbug etc..

I have NEVER EVER been linked to any other job in FM history nor offered one! Amazing.

My opening season with Banbury Utd is going unbelievabley well.

Nov 19th Just won 2-0 at Maidenhead in the FA Trophy 3rd Rnd Qual to maintain our unbeaten season. We top Conf Sth and have also won 2-0 at Torquay in the FA Cup 1st Round. Torquay sat 4th in League Two. In the second Round we've been drawn away to Crawley.

Quick mid-season update from me.

After a bad start we have seemed to found form and currently 3rd and just 4 points off 1st in league 1. Was hit by injuries to key players early on so I think that was the main problem. I think if I can keep my key players fit we could mount a challenge for the title if we keep this form.

Missed quite a few of my transfer targets with them joining other league 1 teams and doing well for them which is a kick in the teeth but doing well with basicly the same squad of players as last season.

Main thing that is worrying me is our finances. 2.47mil in the red :eek::mad:

Quickly on to better news.........

Norwood has been a FK god this season as well as the heartbeat of the team.

http://youtu.be/cbryRYBiXso

A early contender of GOTS maybe ;)

anyone else having problems with players not closing down the opposition, just backing of them constantly and letting them play in front of them, and also players not chasing balls, so i mean like a ball rolls in front of them say a clearance from a corner and they kinda just stand there and look at it until one of the opposition goes for it then they might possibly try and chase it then? is like they dont see it until someone else is chasing it.

If any of the above makes sense, dont know how to explain it any better! might have to try and find a clip.

Archived