dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any guidelines on the use of YouTube clips now that it's possible? Should we link to them rather than posting them direct? Is their use encouraged? If so, how much...what do people think?

I'm guessing that, like pictures, linking to them rather than embedding them in the thread would be better, otherwise the thread will become deathly slow very quickly.

I'm guessing that, like pictures, linking to them rather than embedding them in the thread would be better, otherwise the thread will become deathly slow very quickly.

Yeah that I kinda guessed - how much are people envisaging them being used? I mean you could go the whole hog and give highlights for every game in the season, but.....

what's with the spanish league?

The league rules seem to have changed, meaning it is two yellows for a ban instead of five. SI have said they will fix it but we do not know if it will be save game compatible, or how soon that will be.

Yeah that I kinda guessed - how much are people envisaging them being used? I mean you could go the whole hog and give highlights for every game in the season, but.....

Well its up to you I guess. If you want to go the whole nine yards and report every single game, you can do that. I just think season reviews would get clogged up with stuff people doesn't read/watch.

Controversially Holiday Woman is holidaying away for me now, lets face it she's never going to get a job even as a former international.. its not real football is it now..

Myself and DuckmanLUFC networking this game up. Look out for some profile posts coming shortly

2roizox.png

Love the picture :cool:

Well its up to you I guess. If you want to go the whole nine yards and report every single game, you can do that. I just think season reviews would get clogged up with stuff people doesn't read/watch.

I would say big games, such as important cup games/promotion games/etc would be worthy of youtube videos. I'll probably have my own goal of the season competition, like most clubs do.

My current plan is to do it for cup games and playoffs, and use a goal by the player for the player review section I do, also I will do it as links I just wanted to see how it embedded it.

Very cool over all though imo.

Any guidelines on the use of YouTube clips now that it's possible? Should we link to them rather than posting them direct? Is their use encouraged? If so, how much...what do people think?

Links to goals are very much encouraged, embedded ones I'm not too keen on as they slow the thread down for me.

So yeah.... I'm still trying to find staff. I was randomly offering contracts to just about everyone. I always negotiaged to 1p to see how far they would drop their origional offer. I just had someone accept my 1p negotiation.... on a full time contract. No idea whether he will come back and accept, but it was still a successful negotation.

Something seems horribly wrong with that, either that or someone else must love Chippenham town and be willing to volunteer tons of time (my scouts are probably some of the hardest worked people on the planet :p )

How are the odds of a Canvey Island popping up? I am really interested in playing them this year.

My original plan was to go with Canvey after taking them to the Premier League title on FM10 (though falling short in Europe) but I got bored of waiting for them to show up.

Nice one, advertised for a coach, and one of the guys who applied for the job would not discuss a non-playing role, not even as a player/coach.

I had that too in the demo and even wrote a bug thread for it, but apparently it hasn't been fixed. It just doesn't make sense. Why would he even apply for the job in the first place then?

So perhaps highlights of really crucial games, plus a couple of the best goals?? Something like that?

I would think so, it took about 5mins for that 40 second video to encode for me, so if you wanted to do more that times it going to kill you ingame time or make your season report take hours to finish.

Seems its best reserved for important stuff.

Nice one, advertised for a coach, and one of the guys who applied for the job would not discuss a non-playing role, not even as a player/coach.

Everyone the same for me.

They either want to be a player, or player coach. so when i offer just coach, they want a ridiculous amount. SI have messed this area up this year. So hard to find a coach that will sign.

Edit: On the plus side, though, Mo Camara just signed for me as left back - as in, Mo Camara the ex Wolves player. Aha, 36, not that good but oh so very experienced.

Is there no minimum wage anymore? I just finally started looking at players to compile my shortlist. I randomly entered a few discussions with unattached players who I thought would have 0 interest (just based on the stats i can currently see - haven't scouted anyone yet), not only did they talk to me, but the wage demands seem way low. Is anyone else seeing this?

Well I think I will go with North Ferriby this season. I reserve the option of restarting with Canvey if it pops up though.

I'm aiming for Concord Rangers, so I may be reloading for a while, so Canvey will probably pop up in that space of time... It appears to be the race for Canvey Island at the moment!

I'm aiming for Concord Rangers, so I may be reloading for a while, so Canvey will probably pop up in that space of time... It appears to be the race for Canvey Island at the moment!

I haven't seen either and I'm still reloading.

I've set myself a deadline of 12am to get them, or I'm going as FC United... so like last year, I'll end up being awake till 5am reloading :p

My son will probably wake me up in about 6 hours, so it won't be long before I'm turning in.

whats annoying me most right now is staff. Send an advert for coaches, get replies from youth coaches. Which is fine, but when you apply for a coach job and then will only discuss youth coach contracts or a standard coach contract with ridiculously high wage demans, its really gunna **** me off.

Archived