dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HENDON DONS PRESEASON 2014/15: League 1

All my guys want crazy contracts ugh. I also fudged up and gave a few guys new contracts for a month. That was dumb of me. Oh well.

New Budget: 240k/transfer, 38.5k per week/wage

NEW SIGNINGS:

DC-ANDY THOMPSON-15/18 scout good EPL DC-6'4 monster.-18 years old. $1900/wk 3 years*note signed before promotion wage increases so this is more now*

DM/MC-Chris Garner-15/18 scout good EPL DM. Super fast, good finisher also.(16 pace/13 finish)-18 years old-$1600/week 3 years*see note above*

MC-Michael O'Connor-$1900/week 2 years ok seriously last MC I'll sign. SO loaded there now.

MR-Marek Gancarczyk-$1700/week 1 year.

ML/MR-Jake Thomson-$1900/week 1 year.

DL-Mike Cestor-$1300/1 year.

DL-Scott Laird-$2300/1 year.

DC-Ian Thornton-$8/4 years now then, $200/3 years- on August 7, 2015. 15 year old 6 foot 6, already 12 marking/13 tackling. wee

League Cup 1st round draw @ L1 Charlton-meh.

Lost all the friendlies since I only scheduled EPL teams. Kept a few games reasonable.

What I want this season:

Ideally top 2, but top 6 would be fine. Promoting is again key here, this year I am under my wage budget. :O. Ofcourse I only have 19 1st team players so any injury will be pretty big.

I really feel like i've brought in some good defenders, and the only position I didn't touch(and the only one that had multiple guys hurt last year) were my forwards, but I know they're good enough as long as they stay healthy.

Started a lot better than I have in League 2. We can't seem to score this year.

How many players did you bring in?

Lots, I'm not one for sticking with players during the rise up. I released last season's captain, largely due to his attitude, but also because he just didn't cut it. To give you the exact figure, I signed 13 players, all on frees.

Evesham.png

Evesham United - 2011/2012

Restarted with Evesham, due to their lowly rep of 600 and the fact my Weymouth game went kind of sour. I just didn't like where we had headed and wanted to start from scratch and build.

And boy did I do just that. I think we've all figured out by now that Fagan and Komora are simply stunning early buys in this game as a LLM. In the BSN, they were both top 2 goal scorers in the league.

Komora had 39 goals in 40 apps!! along with 16 assists, 11 MoMs and a 7.56 rating.

Fagan had 30 goals in 42 apps!! along with 17 assists, 8 MoMs and a 7.52 rating.

Between the two of them, we just opened up defenses and bagged the goals. In league we had 102 goals, though 53 against. We pipped Alfreton on the last day, needing to win. We were tied 1-1 until the 90th minute when Koroma scored his 2nd, passing up Alfreton by 1 pt and placing first in league first season out.

Without screenshots, goals next year are to stay up like everyone always says but I really want to push for promotion straight away.

Evesham.png

Evesham United - 2011/2012

Restarted with Evesham, due to their lowly rep of 600 and the fact my Weymouth game went kind of sour. I just didn't like where we had headed and wanted to start from scratch and build.

And boy did I do just that. I think we've all figured out by now that Fagan and Komora are simply stunning early buys in this game as a LLM. In the BSN, they were both top 2 goal scorers in the league.

Komora had 39 goals in 40 apps!! along with 16 assists, 11 MoMs and a 7.56 rating.

Fagan had 30 goals in 42 apps!! along with 17 assists, 8 MoMs and a 7.52 rating.

Between the two of them, we just opened up defenses and bagged the goals. In league we had 102 goals, though 53 against. We pipped Alfreton on the last day, needing to win. We were tied 1-1 until the 90th minute when Koroma scored his 2nd, passing up Alfreton by 1 pt and placing first in league first season out.

Without screenshots, goals next year are to stay up like everyone always says but I really want to push for promotion straight away.

Did you find it difficult with weymouth? because i am

Did you find it difficult with weymouth? because i am

With Weymouth, first season I got 12th. 2nd I got 1st and was promoted to BSP. In BSP first season, I got 2nd (lost by 1 pt) and went to playoffs where I lost. Tried it again, ending in 5th I think or possibly outside the playoff window. I started getting frustrated around this point, and I think I holidayed to get through end of season and just begin fresh. This led to me ultimately losing interest in the team and goal to take them up. It's not that I gave up because I didnt automatically get promoted, but I just didn't like current tactic (changed now) and had no stand out players to believe in going forward. Plus I always secretly felt bad that I was working with a 1100 rep team, when the real challenge always seems to be sub-1000. Finding a save game for Evesham at 600 is awesome. Taking them to BSP and gaining promotion first go is even better ;).

My contract is running out and I got that 'Swinburn may leave FC United' news item, so I went to ask for an extension. This is what they said.

"Your job performance thus far hasn't deserved an early extension. We want to see more out of you to warrant us committing you to a longer term deal."

I'm 3rd in the league, when predicted relegation, and I've took Chelsea to a replay in the FA Cup 3rd Round. Yeah, I'm not doing a good job at all... :confused:

Well, got to halfway in my first season in the BSP now. We got to the 2nd round of the FA Cup where we got buggered 6-0 by Southampton at St Mary's, but the gate receipts brought in about £200,000 which was very, very welcome. Coupled with the fact that we managed to bring in £63,000 through selling players in the summer and didn't spend a penny on transfer fees, we're looking pretty decent financially for now. An inconsistent league season saw us start brilliantly, but of late we've been bouncing around between 11th and 7th and currently sit 9th. Unlikely to make the play-offs, but a very solid first season up.

My managerial alter ego for this challenge, Dick Smallberries, has been playing around with the twitter feature and making his own posts. You can follow him, should you wish, @DSmallberries

Terk, how do you get the twitter thing to work? I've signed in and all, but just don't know what to do.

You can choose it to either update automatically or manually. I have it on automatic, so far the only thing the game has posted is my FA Cup defeat against Southampton. Judging by SnakeXe's twitter feed, it seems to post things like cup wins/defeats, end of season positions, club records, etc. In addition to that, under the cover of my 'alter ego' I've been making posts myself, largely about my love for Callum Bagshaw :D

Gypsum's Chippenham - End of season update - 2012/13

Media prediction - 24th

Final position - 1st / League table / League positions chart

I was impressed with our solid start, but after the first third of the season passed, we became untouchable in this division, we were walking it. Things became more tricky when our FA cup run led to some fixture congestion. But still, our first XI fully fit were too good for the BSP. A late push by Grimsby gave us a bit of a chase, but overall we deserved to finish top of the league. Especially after bagging a total of 105 goals and 103 points in a season.

FA Cup - 4th Round - A great run in the FA cup saw us reach the 4th round. Despite missing out on a lucrative draw, I was impressed that we managed to beat three league 2 teams, two of which were very comfortable, and only lost to Championship Swindon in a close affair. The run was enough to get us out of debt, and our performances were encouragement that we could compete in League 2.

Chippenham info;

General squad info

Transfers

Finances

Average attendance: 1264

Star players;

Ignasi Miquel (DC) - The former Arsenal centre-back joined us on a free transfer in the summer, and has proven to be a colossus in both defence and attack. With an average rating of 7.51, 9 goals and 6 assists to his credit, Miquel showed what an asset he is for Chippenham.

Nikola Saric (ST) - Released from his Liverpool contract, Niko joined us as a free agent and proceeded to set the BSP alight. An astonishing 35 goals and 19 assists this season showed his class in all aspects of attack.

Steven Foley (MLC) - One of our standout stars last season, Foley has gone on to improve with the step up to the BSP. Intelligent runs and incisive passing saw him create 21 goals for his teammates.

Year                  League                           Position                                   Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12               BSS                               2nd                                       Playoff winners
2012/13               BSP                               1st                                        FA cup 4th round

Aims for next season;

After some comfortable cup wins over League 2 opposition, I am confident we could do well in that division with our current squad. The priority signing is a good ball winning midfielder. I think we could also do with a right back, a better strike partner for Saric and a centre-back partner for Miquel. But as usual, i'll see who's available and sign anyone good!

Naa, bit disappointing if you ask me. I mean, 2 consecutive promotions and a win over Chelsea at their ground just doesn't do it for me :p

Poor show, really. If you were any sort of decent manager you'd have got the Chelsea win done without needing a replay.

Poor show, really. If you were any sort of decent manager you'd have got the Chelsea win done without needing a replay.

I may not be a decent manager, but I'm one hell of a financial expert. By taking it to a replay, I brought in 45% of a 34255 crowd, £155,810 in TV revenue, and £69000 prize money. All of which helped our financial balance go from -50k to just over £1m. KERCHING!

My game doesn't want to stop at 24th June :(

I have tried two times and both times it continued to 1st july.

Yeah, that seems to be a problem. It jumps 7 days past the holiday point. You could either set it to come off holiday in the 17th June, in which case it should jump exactly to the 24th, or download one of the save files from this thread

I may not be a decent manager, but I'm one hell of a financial expert. By taking it to a replay, I brought in 45% of a 34255 crowd, £155,810 in TV revenue, and £69000 prize money. All of which helped our financial balance go from -50k to just over £1m. KERCHING!

Kind of puts my two hundred grand from the Southampton game in the shade :D

Welsh Wizard - Colwyn Bay - BSP - 2012/13 - Season 2

rsz_2colwynbayfc.jpg

Club Info

Facts

Facilities

Stats

Squad General

Squad Stats

Transfers

Finances Summery

Finances Wages

Not so many players in this season but they were very good and key players. Quite a few out to lower the squad size which forced me to use youth players more. Some money for some.

Finances are looking really good at just under 1.5mil thanks to the run in the FA Cup. Still semi-pro somehow but could change soon.

Key Players

Jamie Stephens - Made some great saves be it in the league or vs the prem teams in the FA Cup. Can't recall one mistake.

Cody McDonald - Top Scorer and assists. Could run past players or play some great through balls.

Daniel Boateng - Solid in defence.

rsz_bluesquarepremierlogo.jpg

Predicted:- 24nd

Finshed:- 1st

Table

Previous Standings Graph

Another great season and that is back to back championships and we are in the football league. Losses mainly down to resting players for FA Cup.

Team Stats

Player Stats

rsz_fapercent20cup_cmyk.jpg

Sxith Round

Results

fa_trophy_logo.jpg

Final - Champions

Results

Other Leagues and Competitons

Man United won the Prem again for 2 time in a row Arsenal were 2nd by 3 points. Man City and Chelsea took 3rd and 4th.

FA Cup was won by Blackburn beating Wigan 3-1 in the final.

Man City won the League Cup vs West Ham 3-1.

Arsenal won the Champions League vs Real. 2-2p

Aims for Next Season

1. Stay Up
  2. Get rid of dead wood
  3. Improve Squad.
  4. Improve Staff

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions.
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st           Promoted - Champions |FA Trophy Winners

If it's any consolation, I've stormed through without winning anything but playoffs :(

That was my problem with Canvey on FM10, each promotion came via either the play-offs or finishing 2nd in the league. It meant that, despite taking them from the BSS to the Premier League, I didn't appear on the favoured personnel list until we won the League Cup.

Sad news for football ;( Sir Alex Ferguson has decided to retire from football.

Mike Phelan has taken the reigns of Man United.

Just requested with the board to go FT but they did not see how it would benfit the club. They have now decided to consider it after some strong words.

Training Facilities are also getting improved.

Finally! I'm deserving of the contract now!

I'm a little worried about my contract situation. Was given a one year deal at the start of this season, OK we're doing a hell of a lot better than our media prediction and board expectation, but I could see the game being stupid and not giving me a new deal.

Premier league management is like a merry-go-round in my game. Mick McCarthy is now Man Utd manager, despite achieving nothing elsewhere. Mancini's at Arsenal despite getting sacked by Man City. Avram Grant is Spurs manager, despite getting sacked after 9 months at Man City. Bizarre.

Hastings United FC - Blue Square South - 2012/13

Media Prediction: 24st

Actual Position : 3rd

Promoted again first time out, can't ask for much more. Playoffs again, again after falling early enough out of a title race. Our home record just wasn't the invincible beacon it was last year, and our defence became alot more leaky, however we scored the most in the division this year and that got us through. Will have to work on the defence to even compete in League 2.

After doing so well against Luton,
I had to go and mess it up by losing my chance of a big 3rd Round payday to Hucknall.

Looks like I won't ever be trying in this.

Had to up the standard to play in Blue Square Premier, having gone up, I'll have to do it again now, so there'll be lots more change.

I would prefer to keep alot of the squad next year for stability, but we'll have to see.

Career Overview

Season League Position Achievements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12 Blue Square South 4th Playoff Winners

2012/13 Blue Square Premier 3rd Playoff Winners

Next Season

Last 2 seasons I aimed initially to stay up and ended up promoted, I'll take that again, thanks.

FC United - BSS - 2013/14

League Table

I can't begin to explain how bad I feel about this season. I was top of the league in Jan and stayed there for a couple of months before going on a shockingly bad run of games which ended with me finishing in 3rd, only 1 point behind 1st. So it was another attempt at the Play-offs for me, I didn't even get past the semi-finals this time, put out on penalties by Tamworth.

Top Scorer

Same guy as last year, another great season for him. I think I shall try and sign someone better for next year just to make sure I win the extra couple of games that will get me promotion.

Star Player

This was also going to be the same guy as when he played he was superb. Unfortunately he spent a good portion of the season out injured so I decided to pick someone who contributed throughout the year.

Short and sweet report as I have nothing much to say about this season, I just want to get it over with and crack on with next year.

Well that's a new one, the board have offered me the chance to change our expectations for the season. They wanted us to 'attempt to avoid relegation', unfortunately nothing less than offering them promotion will increase my wage budget, so I'll leave it as it is.

Archived