dafuge's FM11 challenge

Tooting and Mitcham have finally won a game in the Blue Square South. A remarkable 3-1 victory over Lewes snapped a nine game losing streak. We are at the bottom of the league table, 5 below the next relegation bound team, but at least we have points! On another positive note, we got three lucky draws in the FA cup qualifying. We've won our first two qualifying games and are favored over Bellericay in the next round.

I did a complete team review from the seniors on down to the under 18s. We really shook things up and moved players all around right before our win. Many were angry to be demoted. But hopefully, the win will give more of a positive boost for the team in the morale department.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a good preseason with Marine, being unbeaten in my 5 friendlies and getting a few decent signings.

Results: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/bennyd81/MarineMarine_Fixtures.png

Transfers: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/bennyd81/MarineTransfers_History.png

Key Signings:

Porya Ahmadi - My Scout reckons he's good enough to play in the BSP now, and has the potential to play in L1. I'm hoping he'll score enough goals to keep me up.

Billy Goddard - Solid Centre Midfielder who I'm hoping will create some chances for me.

Steven Foley - Winger who I'm hoping will grab a few goals and get some assists.

My pre-season with FC United started badly, but the last two games are hopefully a sign of good things to come. They were against two teams at the same level as mine, and I won them both comfortably. I've signed 9 players, who I picked very carefully from the players recommended by my assistant manager and players that I scouted after watching the England trials. I let a couple of players go who I'll miss, but they had to go because their wages were too high to keep them in the reserves.

Pre-season results

Pre-season transfers

Key Signings:

Porya Ahmadi: A great young striker who scored two hat-tricks in his first two games, against Worcester and Bath.

Matthew Reece: Another great young striker. He's played one game, and although he didn't score, he made an assist and got a great rating.

Michael Keane: Only 18 years old, and already a right back who will slot straight into my first team. He got injured during a match, but I see him making a big impact once he's fully fit. One goal so far, so he can't be bad. Oh, and he was a Manchester United youth player! :D

Sean Kinsella: 19 years old, and supposedly one of the best players in my squad already. This central midfielder looks great already, and hopefully he'll only get better with time.

Had an excellent start to our first season in the BSP. 9 games in we're sitting 2nd on 18 points (5 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat) and a few tweaks to the defence seem to have worked as we've only conceded 6 goals in those 9 games.

Nice one Terk.

I've cracked it this year - my BSS team is far too good for this league so we have to get out of the league. Unbeaten in 8 and only conceeded 3 goals in the starting 10 games. If I don't get promoted this year I will go down in history as the manager who couldn't get a team with a core of League 2 rated players out of the BSS.

No pressure then.

sig.php?u=10184

No blame attached to you and your awesome FC United team :D Nice win against Torquay, btw :thup:

Thanks! Although, you may want to rethink the blame, because it was me who said...

FAT Trophy Final now, on the Saturday, with the second leg against Grimsby on Tuesday. Time to roll out the lesser played. It's alright though, St. Albans are in the league below :)

I then lost 4-0. I've also just realised they weren't the league below, they were TWO leagues below :thdn:

I activated the forum curse.

sig.php?&u=10130&update

I've probably played 200 odd seasons of Football Manager. Of course I've been in relegation battles; the rain falls equally on the just and injust. I've even been relegated twice; once in my first season with Maidenhead in the Premiership when I essentially did a basic Dafuges Challenge before knowing about this actual one. (They hadn't been promoted into the BSS, but they were the smallest team in the league) Then there was the first season with Godoy Cruz in Argentina, where the odds are always against newly promoted teams because relegation is based on average points from the last 6 seasons.

But I've never had a season like this. We won our first league game, but since then, 19 league games, no wins.

We've won games. In fact we're really quite good at cups. If the playoffs were expanded to the 21 teams who finish behind the league champions, we'd probably be in with a shout. Cup runs are nice; they're the icing on the cake, but we have absolutely no bloody cake.

I started off pretty confident. That first win was followed by a lot of draws (and cup wins). Then I resigned myself to the fact that maybe the team may not gell in time to make the playoffs this season. Then I got angry, but now I just stare at my computer screen bemused.

Let's look at our featured players. Michael Ricketts with 7 goals. He got off to a slow start, but was getting into the swing of things, and had a nice brace, before getting injured for about 3 months.

That 7.3 average looks a bit tasty by Ahmadi doesn't it. Well, it was, for the 20 odd first-goal inclusive minutes he played when I signed him as a replacement for Ricketts, before being carted off injured for 4-odd months.

The players are fairly happy, (our physio may be handing out Prozac), our finances are fine, the players have great coach reports from staff with decent player ability stats, I have no problems offloading the dead weight, I'm below my wage budget with a large squad, and my job is safe. At times we play great attractive football, and look fantastic. Then we have a player sent or carried off, the other team is awarded 2 penalties in 5 minutes or alternatively the opposition have a player sent off and then immediately knock 2 goals past us.

So, I don't think that I'm going to be the first to get to the Premiership.

Gaaaaah!! Cant win a damn game :< 21 Games in and sitting comfortably in the relegation zone.

No formation appears to be working, and im leaking goals in left, right and centre.

Anyone having success with Tiverton? Suggested players?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/GeeGeez0rz/Dafuge%20Challange%20fm11/BlueSquareBetSouthInformation_LeagueTable-3.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/GeeGeez0rz/Dafuge%20Challange%20fm11/TivertonTownTiverton_Players.jpg

Meh!!

Canvey Island 2011/2012 BSS Pre Season Review

Friendlies

Decided not to take alot of notice to the friendlies as they where all against forgien opposition, primaryly just to bring in some extra funds, managed to gain around 60K - 70K from it, Mr Chairman will be delighted! We didnt lose any of the friendlies either, so thats another plus point!

Transfers

Full Transfer List

A very busy summer for the gulls, literally revamping the whole squad, with the likes of Jay Curren being surplus to requirements, and stars such as Christian montano being brought it to hopefully smash the gulls towards the BSP!

Season Prediction

With such a squad overhaul, i think we will struggle at the early part of season whilst the team begin to gel, then shall look to push on after christmas, and hopefully nail a play off place!

COME ON YOU GULLS!!!

Hassebasse Carshalton 2012-2013 bss (season 2)

A horrible start, hovering around relegation for the first half of the season. Defensively I'm doing ok, but couldn't score to save the whales.

Ended the season on a high, winning 8 of my last 12 matches

League Table

Positional graph

Transfers

Squad

Top Scorer

Goals for the new season: Promotion

Ps: Cups suck arse

Not having much luck Terk, somebody's obviously jinxed this thread. ;)

Holidaying now, would be difficult for me to be anyone but Lowestoft but I'll do a few reloads to see who comes up. Thought Adrian Forbes might be there with the patch, but is not. :(

You have massively broken my Marine defence, swinburn :mad: Back after my quick session earlier, third defeat on the bounce now (4-3 against Forest Green) and we've dropped to 10th :(

He's buggered my defence as well. From not conceding in 12 games to get destroyed 5-1. Ouch.

Made it through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup for the first time. Given a home draw against Bolton.

urgh.

The way the Gods are working at the moment you'll probably win 8-0 and then lose to a bunch of part-timers.

He's buggered my defence as well. From not conceding in 12 games to get destroyed 5-1. Ouch.

:(

He's clearly just a terrible man :D

I conceded 6 goals in my first 9 games (0.66 goals per game for all you mathematical types out there), since I've been 'swinburned' I've played 6 games and conceded 15 goals (2.5 goals per game). Avoid the curse of the swinburn if you can, it's an horrific affliction :D

My injury ravaged Chippenham side, currently top of the BSP, have just faced 2nd placed L2 side Rotherham in the FA Cup first round. We took an early lead, then went 2-1 down as my weakened side just got overrun. That was until substitute Jason Norville, who had been in the reserve squad before being called up for this match,

Excellent stuff! Although I could do without another match for my already stretched squad.

Huzzah! Finally some movement in the FA Cup, with my Hastings side beating Walsall 2-0.

Now for the 2nd round against Luton. Oh joy. It's a home draw though and we're deadly at home this year having conceeded only 4 in 10 at home and being unbeaten in 8 at the Pilot Field.

Something tells me Luton might ruin this. :eek:

First off, apoligies for those who completed updates I haven't commented on yet. I have the day off work today and my first priority is to finally finish this first season. Theres only 7 regular season games remaining and baring a total meltdown by everyone in front of me and a massive turn-around on my part, there will be no playoff run.

I've been continueing to tweak my tactic to try and find something that will make this team click. I noticed that I have my ML and MR playing as wide midfielders instead of wingers, which probably explains why they NEVER run at anyone or attempt to cross, dispite having the pace to do it. Im hoping this change leads to more crosses into the box and ugly goals.

I've put values on EVERY player in my squad in an effort to drum up interest during the offseason. Only McCabe and new keeper Janson are safe. Everyone else is expendable come july 1st if I get any decent offers. Quite a few will be leaving if I get any offers on them at all. As far as transfer targets goes, there are still several potentials out there that won't talk to me. I will also be closely following anyone who gets released from bigger clubs in an effort to strengthen this side.

Just beat L2 Rotherham on penalties in our FA Cup replay. 2-2 at full time, then managed to beat them 3-1 in the shootout. Excellent result and a good performance all-round, and especially from Ignasi Miquel, who is a beast in defence. Even if we did rely on a catastrophic own goal and a red card to help us!

Archived