dafuge's FM11 challenge

Jordan, how are you checking those released from the Premier League quickly?

Go to one of the clubs, say Man City, check their outs and they are all listed there. Then, when you're finished with that team, use the arrow by the logo to change to the next one and still stay on the transfer section. I check the last season's ones too.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jordan, how are you checking those released from the Premier League quickly?

For players release before june 25thth in our first season (already unattached when we start) I don't know of any easy way. I tend to go through EVERY player and check histories at the start, but thats not fast :p

For players whos contracts expire june 30th, there should be a window that comes up on the 30th thats titled "English clubs release players" or something similar, with a button that takes you to the english transfer history screen. That screen lists player name, what club they used to play for, and what club they currently play for. I guess now that I think about it, this screen is always there, and so theoretically could be used to find the players released first year. This would mean that I'm an idiot for going through manually lol. Oh well, I guess you always learn something each year!

Go to one of the clubs, say Man City, check their outs and they are all listed there. Then, when you're finished with that team, use the arrow by the logo to change to the next one and still stay on the transfer section. I check the last season's ones too.

Wow howd you find some that want to enter negotiations. FC United must have a good rep.

Wow howd you find some that want to enter negotiations. FC United must have a good rep.

Thats where the >1000 reputation helps. They are much more willing to talk to you earlier. However, even with low rep teams its a good idea to shortlist them. If they aren't offered contracts, they will slowly lower their requirements, and eventually the want to get back into football will overcome their egos and they will talk to anyone :)

There's an even easier way of finding out where players have been released from. On any player search

Views

Custom

Customise current view

Then you can choose the firlds that you want to see; in this case adding 'last club'. The big advantage is that on the search screen you can have your ass man only show the players who will be interested in your club.

If this post has been helpful; pay it forward. I want a Folkestone save!!!

Hayes & Yeading in my first Blue Square Premier game. Time to test the big signings out, except for Saric, who got injured 3 days before the game :(

The teamsheet includes 5 players who were regulars last season... something a little rare in my case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FC United 4 - 2 Hayes & Yeading

That went pretty well, apart from their two penalties, and their goals. They got a penalty in the 5th, which they missed. They then got another in the 32nd, which Sebek saved. It didn't matter though as we went 4-1 up by HT.

Evina scored an easy goal. Koroma got a double, before getting injured. And Oguzhan Ozyakup scored this beauty.

Man, you guys fly through the seasons. Gonna be at this challenge through about FM15...

5 games in so far with Kendal Town, and I think I've figured out the secret. Get the other team down to 9 men through red cards and injuries. Even then, only scraped a 1-0 win against Worcester by banging one in from about a yard after a mess of a cross. Think Swiss goal against Spain in the WC, except maybe a little uglier.

That win put me up to 17th, 6 points from 5. Useless going forward; Got a couple of decent flair players but no good target men, so I'm trying to play a 4-4-1-1, without much luck. Seems the best system on paper for the players I have, but I think I'm making it too fancy. Few signings seemed to have locked down the back pretty well, as I've only conceded 1 goal from open play. Getting pretty sick of giving up pens, though...

EDIT: News Article called my last win a 'Vintage Display' :confused:

Welsh Wizard - Colwyn Bay - BSN - 2011/12 - Season 1

rsz_2colwynbayfc.jpg

Club Info

Facts

Facilities

Stats

Squad General

Squad Stats

Transfers Part 1

Transfers Part 2

Finances Summery

Finances Wages

Manager Overview

Loads of players in and loads out.

Finances are looking well with the cup run and the board decided to build a Youth Academy which will cost £450k and will take 3 months to finish.

Wages are really high and above what I'm allowed so can't get anyone in before selling a load before hand.

The squad is pretty big which is hard to maintain with no reserve league so I have to make matches for them.

Will be looking too offload a few.

Key Players

Chris Fagan - Just crazy stats with 38 Goals in 40 starts and 13 assists. Runs at defences or justs slides through the gaps before finishing or putting in decent crosses. Managers tried to target him and it work in making his morale go down but he still usually scored.

Nathianiel Jarvis - Very similar to Fagan just wasn't as prolific for some reason.

Larnell Cole - The ex-Man United youth player was the main link between the attack and mid. With the attack playing the same roles and staying high up the pitch, Cole had to support the attack with runs in the box as well as feeding the forwards which he did very well and cemented his place in the starting XI after being a bench player at the start.

Laurence Gaughan - Solid in defence and formed a good partnership with man to follow

Fraser Kerr - A Rock.

blue-square-north-badge12.gif?w=228&h=74

Predicted:- 22nd

Finsih:- 1st

Table

Previous Standings Graph

A great season finshing miles ahead of the other teams , getting top early on and maintain form and Finished unbeaten in the league. Managed to concede less than a goal a game and reached the 100 goals mark in the league. Won the League early in March and had a double figure amount of games left which I used to blend some of the recent signings due too the increase in rep.

Team Stats

Player Stats

Basicly Fagan and Colwyn Bay ran the show.

rsz_fapercent20cup_cmyk.jpg

3rd Round

Results

fa_trophy_logo.jpg

2nd Round

Results

Other Leagues and Competitons

Man United won the Prem again after Chelsea had won it last season with Liverpool being the main challenger just behind by a point. Arsenal and Chelsea took 3rd and 4th respectively. City 5th Fullham 6th.

FA Cup was won by Chelsea beating City 5-0 in the final.

Arsenal won the League Cup vs United 2-1.

Real won the Champions League vs Marseille.

Aims for Next Season

1. Stay Up
  2. Get rid of dead wood
  3. Hire some decent staff
  4. Sign some decent wide men

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12         Blue Square North         1st           Promoted - Champions.

Hi all,

I have read about this challenge for many year, and finally I thought I would try this:-)

Went on vacation to June 25th as stated, but the holliday did not stop. I manually stoppet it June 30 and took over Tooting & Mitcham:-)

Does the late start disqualify me? Hehe!

3 games into the season. 2 losses (3-1 and 1-2) and one victory (1-2)

Looking forward to the rest.

-B

HENDON DONS 1st Half Report- Season 2012/13 BSP

League Position: 2nd

Games which I choose to go into detail:

Game #1: Cambridge United

Another 1st game manager telling me I'm going to drop. OH REALLY AGAIN I SAY?!

EKONG MUST BE STOPPED also he says. Ekong might be my Jack Metcalf from last year who I signed at BSP and was using him in the EPL still. Hope so.

Former Hendon Legend Gary McCann tells me we need to respect Brian Saah.

ok enough pregame junk.

Seemingly every game I choose to comment fully on Gary "Goal" Noel hits a scorcher from 25+yards this time in the 41st minute.

In the 45th minute Nikola Saric scores a header off a fine cross by Ritgers. 2-0 lead. This team looks really really good.

Fleming looks REALLY GOOD.

Francis Zenaba in for Will Packwood in the 63rd minute.

Brian McGroary in for Sebastien Carole in the 72nd minute.

Rhema Obed in for Jacob Hronec in the 82nd minute.

Platt scores for Cambridge in the 82nd minute.

Right after I set my guys to waste some time, Nikola Saric scores again from a great Gary Noel assist to make it 3-1.

Recap:

I will now be totally shocked if this team doesn't get promoted. These guys played really smoothly together,

and the new guys have made an immediate impact.

Game #3: Stockport who have won both their games and in first with a +4 GD.

Boring 0-0 at half. Saric has 3 fouls already though :D

Brian McGroary on for Sebasiten Carole and Michael Ngoo on for Jason Norville in the 62nd minute.

Jason Norville scores(right before hes getting subbed for lulz) in the 62nd minute after the goalie rushed out too much.

Jordy Brouwer(another FM10 favorite of mine) scores in the 70th minute 1-1.

Will Packwood in for Nikola Saric in the 78th minute. Ritgers moves up to the striker position.

Boring 1-1 draw to bring the record up- to 1-2-0

5-4-0 after 9 games. Too many draws, but at least no losses yet.

A terrible loss to Southport(23rd) in the 10th game.

Nikola Saric is out for four weeks. :(

Board AGAIN can't find a parent club.

Game #12: Port Vale-currently in 8th

Almond scores off a corner for Port Vale in the 15th. 0-1

Taylor scores for Port Vale off of a cross. 0-2

A terrible performance as it ends 0-2.

FA Cup 1st round draw @Ipswich. Which I lost 3-0. Apparently we were expected to do well here? riiiight.

FA Trophy(which is a must win imo) 1st round draw against Blyth. Which was won 5-0 yay!

2nd round FA Trophy at Home against Welling. Should win this one.

Record after 23 games:

Wins: 13

Draws: 6

Losses: 4

tl;dr

sig.php?u=10073

flamin' hell how's that for expectation? West Ham sacked Grant and signed a new manager and a day later i get a report saying that the new manager is under pressure and could be sacked if they have a bad result!

FC United of Manchester Pre-Season Report 2011/2012

Well, my previous post stated that I drastically needed a tactics shift. I was right, after realising that I had my creative freedom + free role to LW tactic set (from my Spurs save) I decided it would be best to remove that. This happened after my reserves beat me (sigh) and loosing 1-0 to Redditch in pre-season.

Tactics change, players arrive, fun beings.

Fagan, Montano and McDermott arrive. Fagan bags two easy goals and Montano does

to announce his signature for FC United. Then he does
against Bath.

McDermott being solid as per usual.

Pre season continues without a hitch, set all pre match to team building and all goes well.

First league game in charge - FC United of Manchester 0 - 0 Altrincham

All in all a slightly dull affair, both sides creating chances, but the real hero's being the Goalkeepers. Glad we kept a clean sheet against a team set to top the league by the end of the season, which means something is definitely working in defence.

Blue Square North game 2: Alfreton Town 0 - 0 FC United of Manchester

Another 0 - 0 that saw us hit the post and bar twice. Should of won but nevermind, looks very encouraging. Glad we kept another clean sheet, looks as though our defence really is rock solid, if a little slow at times. Wing backs were the driving force, each setting up chances - Quistin providing a gem of a cross for Montano to volley against the bar; would of been an early candidate for goal of the season. Fagan causing problems for their defence, hustling and closing down, chasing after every loose ball like a greyhound.

Summary

All in all, I am definitely encouraged by the start we have made in our first campaign in the BSN. Think once we get that first win, the rest will fall into place - I have built a strong squad; one that could win this league or be thereabouts by the end of the season.

Didnt get to play at all yesterday due to being at work all day (11 am -1am) due to cod black opps coming out but have today off and gonna spend it in bed playing my FC United save.

When I left it on Sunday I was 5 games into season 2 and joint top of BSN about to play FC Halifax who were top.

Also a massive well done to all those that have got promotion or just stayed up in first season (like I somehow did)

And a big Good Luck to those that have just started or just about to start

Getting into the business end of the season now. After the period of just 13 points from a possible 36 over the New Year period and through January, we've now picked up five wins and a draw from our last seven games. 7 games left, we're sitting 4th, 6 points ahead of Alfreton who are 6th. Telford will almost certainly take the title.

And after putting 14 seasons into Heybridge Swifts quest for glory on '09 it's time to give this another shot.

Hastings United this time - i've been pushing for Folkestone but after missing the whole of Spooks last night I've given up reloading and gone for the next closest team.

Profile here - and so it begins.

PS Especially enjoying the fact that there is already mutual hatred between myself and Redknapp.

I do love a good

Quality goal mate. There should be a 'club goal of the season' put on the end of every end of season report.

Something like 'Heres *team x* best goal of the season'. Maybe put them in a separate thread (like the saves) and have some sort of award next year for overall goal of the dafuge 2011 challenge? :p Would be mental.

And after putting 14 seasons into Heybridge Swifts quest for glory on '09 it's time to give this another shot.

Hastings United this time - i've been pushing for Folkestone but after missing the whole of Spooks last night I've given up reloading and gone for the next closest team.

Profile here - and so it begins.

PS Especially enjoying the fact that there is already mutual hatred between myself and Redknapp.

Lol, always nice to know Alex Ferguson automatically hates me.

Quality goal mate. There should be a 'club goal of the season' put on the end of every end of season report.

Something like 'Heres *team x* best goal of the season'. Maybe put them in a separate thread (like the saves) and have some sort of award next year for overall goal of the dafuge 2011 challenge? :p Would be mental.

I'm definitely going to be awarding my own Marine Goal of the Season in each of my reports.

I second this idea. I already put the top 3 goals in my report, so I'd like a collective one!

Have any of you been able to find a remotely decent Ass Man? Mine is a coach I promoted but want rid of. Also, I cant seem to get my assistant to choose player instructions for opponents? :s

Yeah, I feel kind of cheap going for FC United - but who knows... Maybe I'll get bored and start again as a diff team sometime (this WILL happen when Croydon Athletic come up.)

Stuff to know...... umm, in my experience I've got a few things you should know:

1. Dont expect to be promoted every season- It's bloody difficult, hence why it's called a challenge

2. Dont go mental on bringing in players - They'll eat your wage budget like a fat person eats cake

3. Take your time when searching for players

4. Make sure you get at least one decent scout

5. Make sure you get a decent Ass Man (still need one of those)

6. Drink plenty of Red Bull (I got Thursday and Friday off work - I'll be buying tonnes and playing as long as my body will let me)

7. Dont try anything fancy in tactics - going 4-1-2-1-2 or asymmetrical bollocks will only backfire, bottom end clubs need bottom end tactics (4-4-2/ 4-2-4/ 4-3-3) with a big target man and a nimmy runner (see Crouch/Defoe style)

Hope that's useful.

Yeah, I feel kind of cheap going for FC United - but who knows... Maybe I'll get bored and start again as a diff team sometime (this WILL happen when Croydon Athletic come up.)

Stuff to know...... umm, in my experience I've got a few things you should know:

1. Dont expect to be promoted every season- It's bloody difficult, hence why it's called a challenge

2. Dont go mental on bringing in players - They'll eat your wage budget like a fat person eats cake

3. Take your time when searching for players

4. Make sure you get at least one decent scout

5. Make sure you get a decent Ass Man (still need one of those)

6. Drink plenty of Red Bull (I got Thursday and Friday off work - I'll be buying tonnes and playing as long as my body will let me)

7. Dont try anything fancy in tactics - going 4-1-2-1-2 or asymmetrical bollocks will only backfire, bottom end clubs need bottom end tactics (4-4-2/ 4-2-4/ 4-3-3) with a big target man and a nimmy runner (see Crouch/Defoe style)

Hope that's useful.

Thanks for the advice pal, will take it all on board :)

1 hour 45 minutes till hometime :D

Yiddo, you summed it up nicely.

I'm hoping for promotion this year after failing miserably last year and one thing that is for sure is that I need promotion - my wage budget is crippling the club week in, week out.

The season started well, shooting up to second 12 games through, sitting in and around the playoffs but we have dropped off the pace just over the half way mark so I'm looking for a spark to bring us back up to winning form.

Ed: Just had this funny bit of news pop up - Didnt know the grim reaper supported Guiseley.

deatha.jpg

Or do go mental bringing in players and then pray for a good cup run to rake in the cash. That's what I did with Canvey on FM10 and it's going to be my MO with Marine as well. I just can't stop myself from signing players :D

Amen to this, absolutely. I very much doubt I'll deviate from 4-4-2 until I get the Football League at the very earliest, probably more likely to be when I get into League 1 or the Championship.

I would add, pace is king. If you can get players with pace, it will go a long way to masking their technical deficiencies. It was the best piece of advice I received last year and it is so far doing me well this year too.

Hehe no problem. Have you checked the dafuge save file thread which saves you from having to go forward a season? Already has saves for most of the teams that are available too, so you can pick who ya want!

I'm out at 4:30, pregnant fiance will need to be looked after for a while, but she'll be in bed by about 7/8, then its straight forward gaming for the rest of the night, then same tomorrow night, then 4 day freaking weekend woooooo!

FC United will be in L2 by Saturday.... ;)

I would add, pace is king. If you can get players with pace, it will go a long way to masking their technical deficiencies. It was the best piece of advice I received last year and it is so far doing me well this year too.

Hope that's useful.

Course, forgot about that.

Yeah to reiterate that, pace is 100% king when looking at forwards. Best thing I did was sign Chris Fagan, play him as an attacking forward, set him to run at players and turn OFF long shots. Turns into a beast.

Also, its down to common sense for the players you bring in. Unless your a masterful tactician, you will have to bring in at least 6/7/8 players to really give you a chance of fighting up the top end of the table. Take a look at who some of us have signed and make some decisions from there as to who you bring in.

Make sure you have a good keeper. No matter how good the rest of your team is, if your keeper is as capable as Massimo Taibi - then you'll loose plenty of matches. You know what they say, a good GK will get you 15+ points a season.

Hehe no problem. Have you checked the dafuge save file thread which saves you from having to go forward a season? Already has saves for most of the teams that are available too, so you can pick who ya want!

I'm out at 4:30, pregnant fiance will need to be looked after for a while, but she'll be in bed by about 7/8, then its straight forward gaming for the rest of the night, then same tomorrow night, then 4 day freaking weekend woooooo!

FC United will be in L2 by Saturday.... ;)

Where is this save file thread Yiddo ? Didnt realise there was one, will save me an hour or two holidaying :)

Pace is key for wingers too. If your winger can roast the opposition full back for speed then he'll have far more time and space to make use of a crossing ability that is a little lower.

Yidd0 makes a good point on keepers as well. At this level the two stats that I prize in keepers are aerial ability and one on ones. No matter who you have in defence, you will give up plenty on one on one chances, it's the nature of the beast at lower levels. And you'll also have to deal with plenty of crosses, so if you can get a keeper who does decently in these two areas *cough*JamesGilpin*cough* then you'll be off to a good start.

I hope so too, Satio. Fortunately for me this run of form has been perfectly timed, if we can carry it through the final three games and into the play-offs then we might actually be able to sneak promotion out of what has at times been a very frustrating season.

I posted a quick progress update last night when about 8 games in, well, resumed play today and my run of form has been phenomenal. 18 games in the league now unbeaten (ok I'm out of the FA Cup and FAT..but who cares).

Table

Archived