dafuge's FM11 challenge

Must stop signing players and give the squad time to gel.......

I really should know by now to sign the bare minimum to get me through to nov/december when the best players finally get off their high horses and are willing to talk. Now I have too many decent but not top quality players and almost to my wage budget. Unless injuries get bad, most of these players will never see the pitch and are signed long term. Hopefully they will drum up some interest from other clubs and I can re-offload a few.

If your just starting, go easy at the start! Give your scouts plenty of time to pick out the best talents. You may lose out on a couple of them, but by and large they are being just as snobby to everyone else offering them contracts as well. Come the second part of the year they will talk to you finally, and even their starting 1k offers can be brough down to 200-250/wk or so.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The date for my first rivalry game has been set! On December 10th, Chippenham town will travel to neighbors and fierce rivals Blue Square Bet Premier League side Bath City. While we will clearly be huge underdogs, I'm hoping the fact that its a rivalry game will help overcome yet another horrid draw for us in the early rounds of a cup. If we can pull off the massive win it just might be the boost the team needs to get our season turned around.

What a game I've just had. Bradford PA in the FA Trophy 1st Round.

FC United 7 - 1 Bradford PA

Greg McDermott was unbelievable this game. 2 assists, his one to James Poole is absolutely brilliant, as was his goal. Unfortunately, he got injured late in the second half :(

Mesca was on top form as well, but so were the entire team!

Absolutely gutted! - An absolutely dramatic late comeback where my injured striker (was out of subs) scored the brace to bring us level on 90 minutes. To my dismay, 5 minutes of stoppage time were added. 5 minutes???? Really??? Of course the inevitable occurred and with 3 and a half minutes of added time gone Hampton & Richmond scored from a corner. There was a blatant foul in the box on the goal as the striker bowled over my CB to get to the ball, but of course it wasn't called.

Mannion came close to yet another equalizer in the 95th but it just wasn't meant to be. Someone needs to look into that referee though, 5 minutes of added time.... you'd think we were playing at Old Trafford or something....

A good pre season there.

3 wins against teams playing at the same level and a draw away to Redditch, decided not to have the reserve friendly, didn't want to be embarrased!

A good start to the league too with a draw away to Altrincham, in truth we could and maybe should have won the game, dominating possession.

HENDON DONS:SEASON REVIEW 2011/12

Media Prediction: 22nd

Actual Position: 1st

Squad

RECORD

WINS-26

LOSSES-6

DRAW-10

Table

BEST SIGNINGS:

Full Transfer List

GARY NOEL: ST/AMC, Signed 2 years/ $220/week Age:20

Games played: 39

Goals scored:26

PK's:4

Assists:7

MoM:9

Avg Rating: 7.28

WILLIAM EKONG: DC, Signed 2 years $525/week Age: 17(at start of contract)

Games Played:47

Goals Scored: 6

Assists: 1

MoM: 6

Yellow Cards: 9

Red Cards: 1

Tackles Won/90: 1.70

AVG Rating:7.28

Jason Norville: ST/AMC. Signed 2 years $575/week Age: 27(at start)

Games played: 33

Goals scored:14

PK's:0

Assists:8

MoM:4

Avg Rating: 7.17

BEST WIN:

5-1 to clinch the BSS title against Farnborough at Home.

Worst Loss:

FA Trophy 1st round loss to Weymouth 2-4.

Thoughts:

I'm quite content with how these guys played, and always was keen on promoting throughout the season.

My big problem this year was wage management, and the lack of depth, whenever an injury occurred, I would have

very few options on the bench, and often time had to play guys in positions they were not best suited for.

The board is certainly not doing me any favors making it incredibly hard to get financial support from a parent team.

Lastly, it's going to be nice for next season to have some capable backups, which I expect most of this years signings to be.

Starting out strong is nice, and looking to carry momentum through to next year. I hope I can sign some guys without breaking

the wage budget, and I really hope that the budget itself increases at all. I am not looking forward to next season if adjustments

can't be made.

HENDON DONS:SEASON REVIEW 2011/12

Media Prediction: 22nd

Actual Position: 1st

Squad

RECORD

WINS-26

LOSSES-6

DRAW-10

Table

BEST SIGNINGS:

Full Transfer List

GARY NOEL: ST/AMC, Signed 2 years/ $220/week Age:20

Games played: 39

Goals scored:26

PK's:4

Assists:7

MoM:9

Avg Rating: 7.28

WILLIAM EKONG: DC, Signed 2 years $525/week Age: 17(at start of contract)

Games Played:47

Goals Scored: 6

Assists: 1

MoM: 6

Yellow Cards: 9

Red Cards: 1

Tackles Won/90: 1.70

AVG Rating:7.28

Jason Norville: ST/AMC. Signed 2 years $575/week Age: 27(at start)

Games played: 33

Goals scored:14

PK's:0

Assists:8

MoM:4

Avg Rating: 7.17

BEST WIN:

5-1 to clinch the BSS title against Farnborough at Home.

Worst Loss:

FA Trophy 1st round loss to Weymouth 2-4.

Thoughts:

I'm quite content with how these guys played, and always was keen on promoting throughout the season.

My big problem this year was wage management, and the lack of depth, whenever an injury occurred, I would have

very few options on the bench, and often time had to play guys in positions they were not best suited for.

The board is certainly not doing me any favors making it incredibly hard to get financial support from a parent team.

Lastly, it's going to be nice for next season to have some capable backups, which I expect most of this years signings to be.

Starting out strong is nice, and looking to carry momentum through to next year. I hope I can sign some guys without breaking

the wage budget, and I really hope that the budget itself increases at all. I am not looking forward to next season if adjustments

can't be made.

Nice result pickmegenius. Curious though, how did you release all those players in early Feb 2012? Thanks.

Currently 13 league games in (mid November), sitting in 21st place with 3 wins, 2 draws and 8 losses. The first 5 matches went quite well but now we've had 1 win and 7 losses in our last 8 league games.

Had a good FA Cup run beating Corinthian-Casuals, Staines (on a replay in ET) and Farnborough (on a replay) before drawing Walsall in the first round and getting thrashed 5-0.

Drawn against Nuneaton in the FA Trophy so would like to win that one.

Nice result pickmegenius. Curious though, how did you release all those players in early Feb 2012? Thanks.

They were all 6 months or less, so I went in to offer mutual termination, and the first guy declined, so I went to release him on a free and it just released. him at no cost. So I cut some budget waste(none of those guys were playing) so my board would be less angry at me

Got up a bit early so played a few games before work. Current situation:

sig.php?u=10067

As you might have noticed, the highest AvR keeps coming down. After a half-decent start, things arent going well now. We're also out of both cups.

I've got a bit of a problem though - suddenly the matches arent working in most 3D views - 2D works and top down 3D works too, but everything else doesnt: example. Anyone got any ideas why?

I've got a bit of a problem though - suddenly the matches arent working in most 3D views - 2D works and top down 3D works too, but everything else doesnt: example. Anyone got any ideas why?

Could be a bunch of things, do you have the newest drivers for your video card?

Edit: Heading to sleep after this post, if you do have the newest drivers it could be your card over heating possible, or a bad install of the game.

We all hate it when it happens to us, but I do enjoy a late winner. :D

Staines were tipped to beat us comfortably but we put in a gutsy effort on the back of a busy schedule. My left back finished on 30%. Seriously lacking a bit of depth to ride through these congested fixture lists.

We are in 6th though which is fantastic.

Must stop signing players and give the squad time to gel.......

I really should know by now to sign the bare minimum to get me through to nov/december when the best players finally get off their high horses and are willing to talk. Now I have too many decent but not top quality players and almost to my wage budget. Unless injuries get bad, most of these players will never see the pitch and are signed long term. Hopefully they will drum up some interest from other clubs and I can re-offload a few.

If your just starting, go easy at the start! Give your scouts plenty of time to pick out the best talents. You may lose out on a couple of them, but by and large they are being just as snobby to everyone else offering them contracts as well. Come the second part of the year they will talk to you finally, and even their starting 1k offers can be brough down to 200-250/wk or so.

So far my scout hasn't recommended a player who I like. All of my better signings were recommended by the ass man or coaches, so I do recommend scouting every player that is recommeded in the Backroom Advice and the ass man's report screens.

What I did wrong is panic a bit and give some players who were at the club and out of contract new deals. I've managed to shift a couple of them on free transfers, but the others are just rotting in my reserves. All of my other signings will be involved in the first team in some way, even if its as cover.

Just like nearly everyone else I'm over my wage budget and I still need to find and sign another DM at the very least.

This is getting stupid. I have now 2 machines doing reloading in order to get Chippenham and I've spent most of the weekend doing so. What the f... have my computers against Chippenham :(

And now I'm even getting a team with rep 600 promoted.. dammit :(

Morning guys,

Cant believe I forgot about this?!

After my attempts to get Farnborough into the dizzying heights of League 2 on FM10 I've decided to give this another go.

Really hoping I can get Croydon Athletic; if anyone has a save where they get promoted, please drop me a line.

Also, FM10 was having problems with the .ddt file on my mac; is there still a problem? Are people with MAC's able to play this alright?

Gonna start tonight, come on you... err... CROYDON(S)!!!

Morning guys,

Cant believe I forgot about this?!

After my attempts to get Farnborough into the dizzying heights of League 2 on FM10 I've decided to give this another go.

Really hoping I can get Croydon Athletic; if anyone has a save where they get promoted, please drop me a line.

Also, FM10 was having problems with the .ddt file on my mac; is there still a problem? Are people with MAC's able to play this alright?

Gonna start tonight, come on you... err... CROYDON(S)!!!

I haven't seen Croydon yet, but head over here to find savegames already available.

Unlucky, Mikael. At times it does feel like the reloading is mocking you! Keep at it and I'm sure they'll come up soon!

It really does. Well i could just take the savegame already here but I want my own. One that hasn't been played before or will be played by others. Weird i know, but I like it that way :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234410-FM11-Dafuge-Challenge-Saves-Thread-(-w-Large-DB) There's a Chippenham save here mate ;) I don't suppose you still have the Evesham save?!! I come from Evesham, but doubt I would ever be lucky enough for them to appear :(

I sure do. Give me a sec and I'll upload it.

edit...seems like you know already,, silly me :)

hehehe quite alright. I've done this challenge the last 2 (3?) years and I always want my own save for it. If I use a save that others use, then the players generated will be the same and I don't want that.

Some amazing low rep teams appearing! Would love the challenge of Evesham but I'm already stuck into my Tiverton Town game. One of these days I'm going to make a pilgrimage to the UK to watch them play, for no other reason than I've used them in this challenge :D.

Some amazing low rep teams appearing! Would love the challenge of Evesham but I'm already stuck into my Tiverton Town game. One of these days I'm going to make a pilgrimage to the UK to watch them play, for no other reason than I've used them in this challenge :D.

hehehe I have the same feeling with Chippenham. I even bought a Chippenham replica t-shirt :)

Either way, If I cant make Croydon work - I'll settle for someone else. I'm not going to spend all night loading up, screw that!

Mentioned this earlier, but I doubt I explained properly:

Are any of you using a Mac/Macbook to play this? I just experienced a few problems with the .ddt file on FM10, dont know if this has been changed or anything.

hehehe I have the same feeling with Chippenham. I even bought a Chippenham replica t-shirt :)

If nothing else, FM is a great advertisement for leagues and teams that people would never have heard about or considered before. I know my knowledge of the football world has been greatly broadened because of my exposure to FM.

If nothing else, FM is a great advertisement for leagues and teams that people would never have heard about or considered before. I know my knowledge of the football world has been greatly broadened because of my exposure to FM.

I remember a story back on CM99/00 where icelandic player Andri Sigursson were roaming. A Brazilian guy playing CM99/00 phoned the icelandic club Andri was playing for and wanted an autograph :)

It just shows how far this game takes us :)

Think I've fixed the location of the .ddt file for mac, while running on steam (might be an idea to put this on the OP Dafuge)

The location to put the .ddt player file is as follows:

Finder>>[user name]>>Library>>Application Support>>Steam>>SteamApps>>Common>>Football Manager 2011>>Data>>DB>>1100>>edt

Haven't had the chance to test it yet as I'm at work, but will do later tonight.

Christ, that's long winded!

It's a bloody nightmare around christmas! So many games! My players were absolutely ratted but still pulled more wins than anything else. It's calmed down a bit now in Feb, thank god.

It's utterly horrible. Over that period I got just two wins in eight league games :(

And FM11 has thrown up a new dilemma for me. Signed a young striker at the start of the season on £70p/w wages. He wanted a contractual rise to £250p/w after playing 20 league games for the club. I was pretty confident that he'd not play that many games for us this season as he was signed purely as back up and prospective talent for future years. But injuries and fatigue have now seen him play 19 games, he's easily my 3rd best striker and is useful to have, but I can't afford the £180p/w bump that he'll be due if he plays another league games for us :D

My players are feeling the toll of having a few games re-sheduled near the end of the season : A good few games in a short period of time has knocked our chances of getting a decent top half finish, securing just 5 points from a possible 18. Having said that, January was a good month.

Hoping to string some wins together to solidify our position in the table.

If I were you Terk, I would go for it and not worry to much about the increase. I'm about £400 over my budget this year, and it hasnt even been a good year.

Ed: I possibly just led about the good top half finish - the tables pretty close, and with just four or five games to go, positions from 6th downward look possible if we were to play how we just did (4v0 win)

If I were you Terk, I would go for it and not worry to much about the increase. I'm about £400 over my budget this year, and it hasnt even been a good year.

I've had to give him his wage rise after Ndumbu-Nsungu went down with the flu. We're still just about hanging onto a play-off place, but we'll need to seriously pick up our form in the last 15 games if we're to stay there.

I would seriously appreciate it though if opposition managers stopped saying Bagshaw needs to be stopped. Since they all started coming out with this before every single one of our games he's been pathetically poor, scored only once in God knows how long and I can't find any way to get him back into good form.

Confirmed: MAC problem fixed...

This is what has to be done for the players dafuge has in the .ddt file.

Open Team Holland .ddt and add the players from the dafuge .ddt file for it to work. You will unfortunately have no viable proof that it worked, but it's the only method I can think of. For some reason, even when I edit the "RETAIN_PLAYER" "4329 (etcetc)" to display properly, it wont pickup the file, so I've just had to add it to the Team Holland retainer.

I'll post up the edited file later on tonight and see if any of you mac users can get it going properly, but I'm sticking with this... Cant be arsed with having to deal with this anymore lol.

BTW, I'll be FC United. Selecting and saving tonight.

Archived