dafuge's FM11 challenge

Started the season poorly and I thought we were going to struggle to fight relegation, but in the last couple of games, we have picked up a couple of wins which all started from a great comeback away to Dover when 2-0 down to draw 2-2, we are the only team to get a point off Dover so far this season.

St. Albans 3-1 Truro

Truro 0-1 Hampton & Richmond

Dover 2-2 Truro

Truro 4-2 Dartford

Chelmsford 0-3 Truro

Tommy Amos has been excellent so far with 4 in 5 games, and all 4 of these were in both our last 2 games.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went from looking like we were starting to hit form then bang, such a poor result

Truro 0-4 Lewes

I was confident we would get a win, and our third win of the season and in a row, but it was not to be at all, we were non-existant, hopefully it was just a one-off.

FC United - 11/12 - Mid-Season

The season started off really badly as all of my signings took time to gel. After losing 5 of my first 6 games I changed my tactics slightly and saw a few positive improvements and after about 10 games I had managed to win a couple and raise the morale of my squad somewhat.

Results were a bit hit and miss from then on but the league remained really close from the playoffs down to the relegation spots and I'm currently on a 4 game winning streak which has seen me rise from 20th to 7th. This is mainly down to some amazing performances from my defence and I don't expect this to last. :) Hopefully I'll finish around 10th and build upon it next year.

League Table

League Position Graph

Player Stats

As you can see, my team haven't been playing too well at all, only 1 player has scored over 5 goals by the 21 game point and it is a defender! This is thanks to him taking my penalties and being rather good at popping up to head in corners. Hopefully I can get my strikers firing on all cylinders during the second half of the season!

I'm curious about people's opinion on hard tackling at this level... I'm too chicken to give the direction with my level of defenders for fear of pulling in millions of cards and constantly losing players.

I don't risk it, not until L1 or so. Just not worth all the dangerous free kicks it gives when the keepers are so horrible.

I'm curious about people's opinion on hard tackling at this level... I'm too chicken to give the direction with my level of defenders for fear of pulling in millions of cards and constantly losing players.

I risk it because if you go in and tackle weak and the opponent continues, with a terrible goalie, i'd much rather give away a free kick when the free kick levels aren't as high, than potentially leave an opponent with an even easier chance.

HENDON DONS-16 GAME SLEEP UPDATE

Regular Season Interesting Results/Thoughts:

Frank Gray-Manager of Basingstoke- Talking Trash to me telling me i'm going to drop.

OH REALLY MR. GRAY????

25-1 to win the league

4-1 odds in game against Basingstoke-

Boardroom chat- The Board does not feel like it would be beneficial to become a feeder team for income. UGH.

First Game Highlights:

New signing Will Packwood scores his first league goal, and the first of the game in the 9th minute.

Jason Norville on for Michael Ngoo in the 58th minute

Andy Burgess on for Brian McGroary in the 67th minute

David Pratt from Basingstoke scores a header off a free kick in the 84th minute. RAGE :(

No cards given.... oh wait theres one... hey look another. The classic typing in notepad jinx.

FINAL: 1-1

A good result. 52/48 possession in favor me us. 9/6 shots in favor of them along with a 3/1 shots on goal in their favor.

Our strikers need to be more dangerous. Michael Ngoo had a less than stellar opening perfromance, while Gary Noel was just average.

Game Four against Woking:

I don't like managers talking crap about me so I feel like describing this one.

In the 4th minute studmaster mcscores alot Gary Noel chips one over the goalie on the break.

In the 7th minute Gary Noel scores off a low cross from Belal Aite-Ouakrim for his second goal.

Tanzanian striker Adi Yussuf scored for Woking in the 12th minute.

In the 4th minute of extra time in the first half a penalty was given and Gary Noel completed the hat trick before the half.

Abdul Said replaces Will Packwood in the 55th minute as a precaution to not get his second yellow.

Daryn Hennessey scored for Woking in the 59th minute.

Belal Aite-Ouakrim has a goal disallowed questionably(??) in the 67th minute

Norville replaces Aite-Ouakrim in the 79th minute

Final score 3-2, after a successful defensive holdout the lsat 10 minutes.

Maidenhead boss criticizes me after his team loses. Awesome.

FA Cup second round Q against Brackley- unimpressive 1-0 win. Another away match at Tilbury. Should win that

FA Cup third round Q against Tilbury, 1-0 unimpressive win. will take it.

4th round away at Wealdstone. so many away matches >_>

This just in my board doesn't want ANY parent team. Awesome.

10th match of the year against league leaders Salisbury currently in 4th at 4-3-2

In the 7th minute Abdul Said wins the ball in the midfield, passes it ahead to Gary Noel, the keeper commits, and Noel passes to Michael Ngoo who taps it in.

A red card is (imo unfairly) given to one of my favorite players from fm10 Joe Edwards in the 37th minute after a challenge on Michael Ngoo.

Rhema Obed obtains an injury in the 43rd minute and since i don't have a DR sub, I get to use a DC! good thing they're down to 10 men.

Grant Spencer replaces Abdul Said in the 62nd minute.

A bore 1-0 victory. Boring wins are certainly better than boring losses.

4th round Q against Wealdstone(who were favorites, weak) ended up with a 5-1 victory :D17 year old central defender William Ekong had a hat trick!

1st round FA cup draw at home against League 2 team Chesterfield. Probably going to get smoked here, after an easy qualifying schedule(nice to be at home though :D)

1st round FA Trophy puts me at Solihuill Moors(ugh)

Chesterfield match ended up in a tight 3-2 loss.

English FA Trophy 3rd rd Q 2-0 win against Solihill. woo.

FA trophy first round opponent is @Weymouth

I am currently using a slightly offensive 4-4-2, which I usually dislike using, but it seems to be working fine right now.

and thus wraps up the random notes before I go to sleep.

CLIFFS:

sig.php?u=10073

sig.php?u=10084

Shocking results so far, yet to get a win, and Michael Ngoo not scoring despite his good stats. We're playing well enough at home with our best result coming at home to Wrexham in which we drew 1-1 when really we deserved the win. I definately should've made some more signings but I don't think we'll go down. Just need that first win to get some confidence.

Awesome :D

where do you get the IDs that it asks for, for club etc

Also does anyone have a Badge and Kit file to add in yet?

sorry for asking so many questions :D

i have DLD all the Badges and Kits but i have no idea where i need to put them to make them work any advice would be great!

Wasn't going to purchase FM 2011, but decided to, just to do Dafuge's challenge.

So here is my profile. I'm excited to be head of Tooting & Mitcham.

Have started this challenge in FM 2009 and 2010 but never finished. Maybe this is the time to complete the darned thing.

Just fired up my game and played my 15th league game of the season, a 5-1 home win over Guiseley, which was a fan day as well, so went down well with the board. We're 3rd in the table, 1 point behind Telford (who have a game in hand) and 3 points behind Histon.

We're conceding too many for my liking, but we've scored 37 in those 15 games, so the attack is working well. And we're getting goals from all over the team at the moment, my two strikers are obviously my top scorers (Bagshaw with 8 in 14, Ndumbu-Nsungu with 7 in 13) but my two wingers have 9 goals between them and a couple of my central midfielders have 3 each.

sorry for asking so many questions :D

i have DLD all the Badges and Kits but i have no idea where i need to put them to make them work any advice would be great!

Put it in User\Documents\SportsInteractive\Football Manager 2011\Graphics

you may need to create a Graphics folder

Put it in User\Documents\SportsInteractive\Football Manager 2011\Graphics

you may need to create a Graphics folder

hmm anything special i have to do after that? have put all them all in their and no change to my game, have cleared the cache and set the reload skin on confirm option, have also totally restarted the game but no change

hmm anything special i have to do after that? have put all them all in their and no change to my game, have cleared the cache and set the reload skin on confirm option, have also totally restarted the game but no change

If that dont work then try creating a new folder within the graphics folder called logos and try extracting there, after that I'm out of ideas I'm afraid

No idea then mate - thats what worked for me,

Maybe try asking or having a look in the skining forum?

Dumb question i imagine but once i have unzipped them do i need to remove them from their respective folders for each league or does that not matter?

Got about 5 games into my season with North Ferriby last night and just realised it hadn't saved since pre-season. I did have a few beers last night though, so I can't blame the game! I think i'm going to restart anyway to try and get a more exotic sounding club!

Also, why do customised selection screens disappear every so often. Is there a way of saving them which i'm missing?

wardie_88 - Leamington

Time to finally get started with this challenge after what seems like countless hours of reloading in order to get my preferred team. So here I am, the new manager or newly promoted Leamington.

I've uploaded a save game for anyone else who wishes to play as Leamington here. Hope people find this useful.

Quick update:

sig.php?u=10051

As you can see, I'm still full in the race for promotion, and for the FA Trophy. Players are getting tired, but with some back from injuries I'm able to rotate, and still get points from games. I also signed some youngsters on 5/6 € a week deals to back up position which needed it.

Archived