dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I must have loaded up over 50 times. It's time to announce the new manager of:

Truro City

Wanted under 1000rep. But the way I figure it, Truro is going to have a very low attraction attribute. So it might be harder to entice players/fans than if I was in London.

Say hello to the new Wealdstone manager

Am I the only one having problems signing new staff?

My board will only let me give £70 per week for a scouts and so far I've not found one willing to drop that low and I don't have any scouts and I don't start with a scout. I've still to start searching for a new ass man and coaches, so I'm certain that they'll be even harder to recruit.

I think that will make this challenge even harder as we won't find getting in good quality staff so early in the game.

If anyone is interested I've uploaded the following saves, these are with a large db and the top players from all of the continents:

Cambridge City, FC Halifax, Wealdstone

FC United, Tonbridge

Is this allowed?

yes. Look at the opening post.

In addition this year, for those of you who want to add to the database to make things more competitive at the top level in the long term, you can set the database level to custom to add the players for the top clubs in each continent. It should look like this. This is purely optional, but no extra players can be loaded on top of this, this is the limit.

yes. Look at the opening post.

In addition this year, for those of you who want to add to the database to make things more competitive at the top level in the long term, you can set the database level to custom to add the players for the top clubs in each continent. It should look like this. This is purely optional, but no extra players can be loaded on top of this, this is the limit.

I saw that... :rolleyes:

Ignore me haha.

Would it be possible to boost the rep of a team so they got promoted, then immediately return it to the proper level? Or would that have some grave repercussions in the game like ridiculous expectations?

It is possible but not allowed for this challenge.

Would it be possible to boost the rep of a team so they got promoted, then immediately return it to the proper level? Or would that have some grave repercussions in the game like ridiculous expectations?

Unfortunately it breaks the rules, we have always stuck to a strict no editors rule, whatever the circumstances.

Controversially Holiday Woman is holidaying away for me now, lets face it she's never going to get a job even as a former international.. its not real football is it now..

Myself and DuckmanLUFC networking this game up. Look out for some profile posts coming shortly

2roizox.png

Sorry a bit unrelated. but my screenshots are pretty small. Is there any way to make them larger, without reducing the resolution of my monitor?

what are you using to take them? I'm just using alt+printscreen to capture only the FM window. Then paste into either paint, paint.net, ect.

Well it only took 3 reloads and I got the Urchins which allows me to present:

Wavelberry the new manager of AFC Hornchurch.

Here's the squad and from what I can gather my best youth player. I can't get a best player yet as I don't have an assiatant manager. Squad is paper thin and we're predicted 22nd. Gonna be a long hard season I think. This is what it's all about.

Holidaying as i type, got Chipenham to the premier for the last year but then got stuck in an yoyo situation and in the end gave up, might go for them if they come up again.

Either way has to be a Sub 1000 rep team, its the only way real men play!

Good luck in getting one jsar, they dont appear to be coming up all that often.

Was going to try and go sub 1000 in terms of club reputation, but eventually gave up and went for FC Halifax, as I grew up in West Yorkshire, so local linkage.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's profile time.

Good luck Terklton, but you should have gone for Marine, and then grew them up to be the big Liverpool club :)

Am I the only one having problems signing new staff?

My board will only let me give £70 per week for a scouts and so far I've not found one willing to drop that low and I don't have any scouts and I don't start with a scout. I've still to start searching for a new ass man and coaches, so I'm certain that they'll be even harder to recruit.

I think that will make this challenge even harder as we won't find getting in good quality staff so early in the game.

This is where I am as well. While in the past we could offer whatever our max was and they would accept, with negotiation we dont have this option. The assistant I really want wants 110/wk and i can only offer 95 :( It's only 15 difference! Can't I just spring for lunch one day a week to make up for it? :) I think its going to be just as fun when we start getting to players! Should make for a much tougher first few years.

I feel bad for the assistant i started with though. His only job so far is to filter out unrealistic possiblities for his replacement...

Archived