Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Coming closer to an update from me, doing it after 7 league games as that's a third of the season. Must get this off my chest first:

3rd league game, away from home, leading 2-1. Centre back gets sent off for a professional foul. Game ends 2-2

4th league game, away from home, 1-0 behind but in the ascendancy and close to equalising. Full back gets sent off for professional foul. Game ends 1-0

Annoyed doesn't come close to how I feel right now, especially as we were playing defensively in order to leave no room behind the defense! Then why the hell are they pressing up to the halfway line when we don't even have the ball, leaving all that space in behind for the attackers to run into? :mad:

:(

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, unlucky again. Wish I'd known the group before I made my bold prediction. :D

EDIT: On second thought, if Rafa is still manager at Inter, you have a great chance. ;)

Rafa's still there, had them at home first game of the group. Drew 2-2 but finished I finished with 10 men, just need to get the points off Rangers to be ok. :D

Time for an update from me, full of bad, bad news.

So, Ahlafors have now played 7 games of the 22 game league season. After 6 of those game we had scored precicely 2 goals and were sitting in last place. So for the 7th game I decided to go more attacking. It worked! We doubled our goal tally! Unfortunately, the score was 4-0 when we started scoring :thdn:

7 games gone, 2 points on the board, goal difference of -9 and 7 points from safety. Will I even last the season without getting the sack? :D

Bohemians Prague – Season Review 2013/2014

An unbelievable first season in the top division, we kept playing our simple 4-4-2 with a big target man/little poacher combination and it worked an absolute treat. In every match preview the opposition would come out and tell the press how they would need to stop Brazilian poacher Cristiano when in reality he was outshone by the towering presence of Michal Hubnik who had a blinding season. A top 6 finish was far beyond all expectations and I am worried that the board will hope for more of the same next year because I doubt we will have such a decent run.

In the FA Cup we had an excellent run all the way to the final where we played the giants of Sparta Prague. We scored very early on but they equalised almost immediately and from then on it was back and forth until we arrived at penalties. The most galling thing about the shootout was that I stuck a player on with an 18 penalty taking attribute and he went and missed the opener and left us playing catch up. However, despite the loss I was really pleased with a somewhat fortunate run and I was hoping that being runners-up could mean Europe next season but Sparta failed in the league and take that spot instead.

I am quite excited about a youth player on the horizon from our academy. His name is Zdenek Kaplan and at just 17 is worth more than any other player in the squad (I think!). He is still in the youth squad but I am hoping he comes through. I also signed a couple of promising youngsters who were out of contract last summer, Heindenreich and Rambous, and although neither are good enough for regular game time just yet I am hoping they develop into proper first teamers. My main concern is that I don’t know how best to train them and although I have done some work to bring in a few coaches I haven’t messed about with schedules and have left them on default settings, so this may impact on the youngsters and their progression. I’d welcome any tips!

As for next season, I think we’ll use this as a foundation and hopefully the board won’t get too carried away as it will put me under real pressure and I’ll probably spend beyond my means to attempt to match their expectations. Just being in the top flight remains the ambition and anything beyond that is a bonus.

Squad | Transfers | League | Cup Final | Kaplan | Heidenreich | Rambous

Season           Division            Position    FA Cup       Europe  Other 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012     Czech Second Division     11th     Third Round     N/A     N/A
2012/2013     Czech Second Division     2nd      Second Round    N/A     Promoted
2013/2014     Czech First Division      6th      Final           N/A     N/A

Only 12 games in, and already looking bad. I have collected 2 points and is in 18th and last place. Number 17 has 10 points, so this season will no doubt lead to relegation, as we can't seem to score. Funny thing is, we are actually playing pretty okay, but just concede waaay to many goals in the last 20 minutes

Afan Lido - Wales Premier Division - 2012/13

Table

Transfers

Not really much to say, pretty similar to the first season, with the difference being we did score more points and more goals, and managed to get to the quarter final of the League Cup before getting knocked out.

Ultimately, I need something to change for the better, but my scouts just can't find the players. Hopefully I will stop signing everyone that looks cheap and halfway decent and just consolidate the squad this time.

All I want for next season is more points and for us to not be in with a chance of still being relegated by the last day of the season.

Career So Far

Season    Position   Points   FA Cup  League Cup  C.League  Europa   Achievements
2011/12   11th       28       R3      R1          n/e       n/e
2012/13   11th       31       R3      QF          n/e       n/e

Edit: Pre Season Odds: 2011/12 - 2000-1, 2012/13 - 1000-1, and now for 2013/14 - 500-1. I must be doing something right

22 games out of 34 played. Still only 2 points in total. I've got to get 17 points to not get relegated, which at this point seems impossible. Therefore: I have failed this time. I quit WKE after not even one whole season. Restarting this for sure, just don't know where. If anybody can recommend a fun league, then please do so

Has anyone else had a problem like this, basically I can't sign any more Estonians. They seem to all have the same agent, I've seen many of my players sack him and then they hire the same bloke, the only Estonian agent. He hates me so always asks for ridiculous wages.

Start Otwock - Polish First Division - End of Winter Break 11/12

9957.gif

Given that we'd have almost 3 months before another match of any kind, I spent the vast majority of the time off scouting for the gems that would help me have a strong second half of the season and maybe even secure promotion. After an extensive search, I settled on snapping up these two: Martin Matus and Blazej Telichowski

I know they're not the youngest players in the world and will be amongst the highest players in my squad, but they're unquestionable upgrades over what I had at the positions they play and my financial situation is quite alright. Both will slot straight into the team for my first game back, which will be at home to struggling Sandecja Nowy Sacz.

My preseason preparations went well, with the highlights being a narrow 2-1 loss to Ekstraklasa (top flight) LKS Lodz and a cheeky 1-1 draw with another top flight side, Lechia Gdansk. I was most pleased with the fact that we managed to avoid any injuries to key players. Also, in another friendly, I actually saw snow for the first time in FM 11. Quality. :eek:

NEXT UPDATE: The next 5 league games, which include a crunch home matchup with 2nd placed Gornik Zabrze.

9957.gif

BWG--How the hell does the European spots work in Wales? I am looking at what happened in the holidayed year and have no idea what's just happened!

OK, let me know if I got this: the champions to the CL, the second one directly to the Europa League, and then 6th plays 3rd, and 4th plays 5th for semifinals; the winners play to earn the lat Europea league spot. Also, the main Cup champion earns an Europe spot, but not the Loosemores League Cup.

Did I get it right?

Kind of weird to think about how the playoffs will work if Wales ever earns more European spots as the rep goes up...

Edit: manager profile and the league's rank as of 2011.

Nah, I am ot of Greece. 0 points in 8 games, and lost all the passion for being in that country. Those guys really did a number on me sacking me. Oh well.

I'm hoping for a better start than you. :-D

Matković took over Eordaikos, made some transfers, hopefully I'll manage to keep them in the league this season. Russian midfielder But and Nigerian striker Alfa are the players I'm expecting to shine this year. I still have to find another striker as I don't want to rotate my striking force once again.

Games played so far:

Friendly vs. Panaitolikos (H) 2:1

Friendly vs. Ilioupoli (H) 5:0

Friendly vs. Naousa (A) 0:0

Friendly vs. Panathinaikos (H) 2:2

Friendly vs. Makedonikos (A) 3:2

Friendly vs. Ellas Velou (H) 3:0

End of Season Report: Salthill Devons Irish First Division, 2013

League Table, League Graph

Irish League Cup – WINNERS

Irish Senior Challenge – KO 3rd Rnd

All Ireland Cup – KO Quarter Finals

Euro Cup - KO 2nd Q Rnd

Ticket Price €9

Season ticket price €135

Season tickets sold 73

Average Attendance 272

Squad

A slow start to the season made me think another 10th place or thereabouts but once the new full backs were used to the system and our new striker was scoring goals like a man possessed. We started to turn things around and with about 5 games to go we hit top and never looked like going back. Looks like my patience and slow build up of the squad has really paid of . as for the cups absolutely delighted with the win in the ILC even tho it is the Mickey mouse cup but it was still my first trophy in my fm11 career. All Ireland cup provided some serious dosh, got through the first round and lost in the quarters got given 259k . and pleased with my first taste of euro football.

Transfers Brought in my 2 full backs that were desperately needed and a couple of decent young back up player just in case. An additional striker so now we have 3 decent ones.

Player/s of the Season

Thomas Hyland – (DC) – 7.26 (45 games) a rock in the defence yet again, our only consistant performer over the 3 seasons. Easily my finest purchase (Free) in any of my fm careers.

Youth Players

none, all trash and the board even with 700k + wont upgrade facilities yet

Finances

Mostly prize money again this time from euro cup providing 78k twice, think i got 15k for winning the league cup but a staggering 167k for the Irish first division crown.

Aims

Try and get the board to improve the facilities, bring in a couple of players to strengthen, needs a new goalie me thinks current one is 2.5*, looking to get one more key player in each area of the pitch while keeping the wages low

At college atm and forgot to stick on the squad pic so i will do that once i’m home.

Season  	League   	   Position  		 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011	     Irish First Division     12th	            n/a
2012	     Irish First Division     10th	            ISC Finalists
2013         Irish First Division     1st               ILC Winners/ Promotion

Brambleten's Welsh Adventure

Afan Lido - 2011/2012

Media Prediction: 12th

Actual Position: 8th

Transfers: Lots in, Lots out

After a poor first part of the season, I was 11th after 22 games at the split, with the least league wins and the most league draws. However, somehow we managed to turn it around in the relegation group, and pulled up to 8th with 3 games to go as our highest position in the league all season.

Finances: -£95k

Season Ticket Holders: 31

Average Attendance: 81

Despite being about £1.8k/week under my wage budget, the wages were still too high and we were leaking about £10k/month. Thanks to pathetic performances in the cups (1st round in the league cup, 4th round in the FA Cup) I didnt get much money from there.

Top Scorer: Gary O'Toole - 11 Goals - When we lost him to injury for 3 months at the end of the regular season, our form plummeted, and it did so again when we lost him at the end of the relegation group stage.

Most Assists: Karl Walker/Morgan Jones - 7 assists each - My first choice AMC and MR respectively. Walker was one of the youth players to come through the system just before i took over, and has the potential to be a leading Welsh Premier League AMC. Jones, however, was only there because i had nobody better.

Fans Player of the Year: David Kingdom - My first choice Center Back, was sound enough, even considering the amount of goals we let in this season, and to be honest, there wasnt anybody better in the squad for the fans to pick, everyone was distinctly average at best.

Youth Intake: Quite a large intake provided me we a couple of players with 4.5/5* PA in their positions, although Chris Eardley was the one picked out by the assistant manager as the best of the bunch.

Overall, a good first season in the WPL, which rose in stature from 270th in the world to 267th, meaning in stayed at 1*

Targets

Get some better players in and remove deadwood from squad - I didnt know how congested the fixture list would get, so i brought in a fair bit of backup, most of which can go as although i used most of them, a number of them (mainly DCs) just sat there munching through my finances

Try and finish top 6 at the end of the normal season to have a shot at the euro play offs

Do better in cups, as i need the money

Hope the ranking of the league goes up a bit more to increase prize money, as i would like a bit more money

Season      Position      FA Cup      League Cup     Europa    CL        Achievements
11/12         8th           R4           R1          N/A       N/A          

Twellman - You got the European Spots pretty much nearly right. 1st and 2nd get direct qualification as do the winners/runners up of the welsh cup. As for the European playoff spot, theres a quater final which is 6th vs 7th. Then the semi is 3rd vs 6th/7th and 4th vs 5th with the 2 winners facing each other.

I want to know what would happen if your 1st on the qualification places as thats 4 champs league spots and 3 euro, how would this playoff system work then??

Good luck Cseedorf:thup:

Good first season brambleten, I see you signed Calvin Davies as well....brings back some fond memories :D

Santa Claus 2016 - µUpdate

First league game of the season we face HJK, the runaway winners of last season. A 73rd minute penalty puts up 3-1 behind before Ken Kallaste pulls one back in the 86th minute, the making his league debut the only player so far I've spent money on equalised in the 88th minute and then when he was brought down in the 92nd he converted the penalty to complete his hat trick. The fans love him already.

Santa Claus 4-3 HJK

Aleem O'Balogun (£26K + 45% profit of next sale from Enyimba)

Bridgend Town - Principality Welsh Premier League - 2019/20

Tranfers - These 2 were something special especially Mortensen who was released by Aab, he became the first person from outside the UK to pull on the Bridgend shirt.

Competition

Welsh Premier League - Table - Unbeaten, still waiting for the perfect season where I win every game but thats just being greedy.

Champions League - Group Stages - 1st up was Nafta in the 2nd round qualifier. We went through 7-2 on agg (leg1:leg2). Next up was Metalurgs who were destroyed 9-1 on agg.(leg 1:leg 2). As a reward, I was given Litex in the Champions Playoff. It was a tight game over the two legs but I edged it 2-0. (Leg 1:Leg 2). I was given another tough group with Barcelona, Inter and Rangers but was confident of getting 3rd. I lost both times to Barcelona. I beat Rangers at home and drew away. With Inter I drew 2-2 at home but this would have been a hell of a game to watch at the San Siro.....Inter vs Bridgend.. I finished 3rd but the signs are there that we can become something major.

Euro Cup - Quarter Finals - I was bloody gutted but at the same I was so proud of the lads to give a City a real battle over 180 minutes of football. I beat Real Sociedad in the 1st knockout then took out Zenit St.Petersburg in the 2nd.

Welsh Cup - Winners - I loved this victory just due to the fact that its TNS :p

League Cup - Winners - Almost too easy

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year.

David Stewart was top scorer with 45 goals and was Top Scorer in the Prem with 26. David Stewart also collected Welsh Young Player of the Year and Fans Player of the Year

Alan Williams was once again top of the assist chart with 31. He won Player of the Year.

David Hughes collected Young Player of the Year.

My dominance was proven by Team of the Season as my whole team made it.

Expectations

To help improve the Welsh Prem ranking from 112th, in other words....drag it up myself.

Continue to dominate domestically and continuing improving in Europe.

Will post a mini update after the summer transfer window is over to see if there has been any improvement in AI dealings.

Season     League    Cup              C.League      Euro Cup     Achievements
2011/12    2nd      Runners Up        N/A             N/A        Euro Cup Qualifcation
2012/13    1st      Winners           N/A             2nd QL     Domestic Treble
2013/14    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble
2014/15    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble.     
2015/16    1st      Winners           Play Off        Group      Domestic Treble.
2016/17    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2017/18    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2018/19    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2019/20    1st      Winners           Group Stage     Q.Finals   Domestic Treble.

Well, I was starting in Belgium, but kinda lost interest there since I did the challenge there last year. So I started again, this time in Northern Ireland. XaW is the new manager of Lower Maze.

Not quite comfortable with the chairman looking to leave, but I hope for the best.

What an amazing match against Inter there, totally smashed sideways but all your shots were goals :D

I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing, I now have no nails from watching it when it was 4-3 :p

I can also use it as proof when people complain in GD that its too hard to score

Good luck in N.Ireland XaW :thup:

Ok, am gonna jump into this - starting in Sweden - noticed only one or two in there so far.

Holidayed until correct date but it skipped a few days meaning I couldn't make a repeat choice, although didn't realise Sweden had multiples of lower level teams.

Starting with IFK Malmo - reason is simply the fact that they were created in 1899. Never played in Sweden before, but I hope they have two decent full backs judging by what Ive seen of the ME so far.

Onwards and upwards...

mag man Season 2012/13 Update - FC Martigny - Challenge League

I whizzed through this season so a poor update. Promise the next will be more in depth and I will take more screenshots :D

League Table - A solid 5th place finish. From this I really should push on for a top two place, I am finally starting to get some decent players together.

Finances - Not to bad, at least am not in the red.

Mael Frey - The first product of my youth team I am excited about and in my first season. I think this kid can play for the national team.

Twellman - You got the European Spots pretty much nearly right. 1st and 2nd get direct qualification as do the winners/runners up of the welsh cup. As for the European playoff spot, theres a quater final which is 6th vs 7th. Then the semi is 3rd vs 6th/7th and 4th vs 5th with the 2 winners facing each other.

I want to know what would happen if your 1st on the qualification places as thats 4 champs league spots and 3 euro, how would this playoff system work then??

Good luck Cseedorf:thup:

Good first season brambleten, I see you signed Calvin Davies as well....brings back some fond memories :D

Well BWG, maybe you or I will get to see how it changes as the European spots change. It'll be exciting, and you are way more likely to see it first; so keep us posted!

Also, when you say winner/runner up of the Cup, you mean runner-up in case the winner is already in Europe, right? Not both at the same time correct?

OK, so this is me. I am planning on sticking with this save for a while--let's hope so at least. Afan Lido just got promoted, a team who has finished second in the Premiership (1994) and runner-up in the League Cup (2007). They've only won the Loosemores Cup twice, in '93 and '94. Time to get some real trophies going!

Picture2-5.png

Edit: BWG, how is the economy for your club nowadays? Just wondering if it gets better even for just participating in Europe, whichever the round.

Also, it says in the info for the league that, after 22 games, the league splits...do you know how?

Thanks for helping out, countryman ;)

Re-edot: Never mind, I got there, I guess it's just like Scotland. Relegation playoff for me!

There are like 10 people in the stands :D

Heh, well what do you expect from a friendy between one of the lowest ranked teams in the Northern Irish second division and a non-league team =D

I've had a couple of failed attempts at this before but this time I plan on really sticking to it. Have started in Poland with Baltyk Gdynia.

Personal

Edit - just had this kid become the youngest ever goalscorer for the club and in this league. Youngest ever player to have played in this league too. Shame he's only in the squad because it's empty, but that will take some beating. 16 years and 39 days.

Yes! Finally someone else has taken on management in Poland! Can't wait to see how you get on...I assume you've done a squad clearout? Good luck!

Thanks :) Tbf there wasn't much of a squad to clearout! Kept a couple of decent 17-year-olds and brought in a whole new team. Horrible start though, 7 straight defeats, the most recent a 2-1 loss after conceding in the 94th minute :mad: 5 of the defeats have been by the 1 goal so we're getting there, just some small improvements needed and when the team gels the points will start coming. Hopefully.

Afan Lido - Welsh Premier Division - 2013/14

What an improvement for most of the season. Mamaged to strengthen the squad and until the spit, we were doing quite well. However in the last 10 games we didnt manage a win, and as a result, will be starting the new seaosn on a poor run of form. Made progress in both cups this season too, which is encouraging.

Table

Transfers

Aims

Improve squad further somewho, and hope for 6th place at very least again next season, to carry on this forward momentum. We also need to stop being scared of the better teams, and stopping getting stupid amounts of red cards.

Career So Far

Season    Position   Points   FA Cup  League Cup  C.League  Europa   Achievements
2011/12   11th       28       R3      R1          n/e       n/e
2012/13   11th       31       R3      QF          n/e       n/e
2013/14   6th        36       SF      SF          n/e       n/e

Archived