Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Earendil - brilliant season, well done. Good luck in the Eredivisie. Fastbasher - hioefully your early season struggles are the result of your team gelling and you can put it past you and improve as the season progresses. :thup:

Also a question: Some opposition players (a small %, I believe) still have player attributes obscured, even though I have sent scouts to cover both next opposition and the league itself. Any way to rectify this, as it's a bit annoying not knowing if an opposition striker is good in the air, etc?

EDIT: Figured it out - it's because I don't have a scout to cover the U21, so if the opposition brings a player up, I can't see his new attributes. Same goes for a new acquisition that my scout hasn't got around to seeing yet. Oh well, I'll have to make due with my 3 scouts.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

safe_imagephp.gif

Panachaiki FC - 2011/12

- Our first season saw us struggle to find which way to play. After the transfers brought some extra muscle, inlcuding some power up front, including eternal Greek striker Labros Choutos (Italian Serie A champion, 4 Greek leagues, international with his country), whom did OK even at his 31 of age, specifically in the second half.

- The other important signing was another striker, Ismail Abdul. The striker from Bahrain international in more than 40 occasions with his country and whom had always played in teams in his nation, signed with us for a mere 50.000 euros. A signing that almost didn't happen due to meaning more than half of our transfer budget, but that completely changed us.

- The beginning of the season was definitely an adaptation to the league as one of the promoted teams. We were never in the automatic relegation spots, however. The second division in Greece works quite controversially, with the last two teams being relegated, but the teams from 13th to 16th position also going to a group stage where the last team, after every plays one another twice, gets relegated. So you could very well finish the season 13th out of 18, but end up relegated.

- Therefore, the goal was to finish 12th. The board, even though we were just promoted, saw us in 10th place, and I was skeptical about it. The team, halfway through the year, was 12th, which was my goal. However, my approach of playing counter-attacking football and defend most of the match was simply not "my thing".

- So, I said f*** this, and went all-in with a new, fresh offensive tactic that was basically attack, attack, attack. If we get scored three times, we better score four. Things could not have worked better. We started scoring like nobody's business, and after adapting to the new way of playing, we started climbing positions week after week, and what was more important for me, entertaining, truly entertaining our fans, who came in around 25% of full capacity (out of 11,000 maximum).

- So, we continued to win, win win, and scoring like we wanted to break all records. Within four games of the end of the season, we reached our best position yet, a seventh place which kept us a place away from the promotion group stages. We weren't ready for it, and we never talked about it; we just went game by game.

- By week 32 out of 34, we were fifth, and loving it. We lost the game before last after leading 0-2, and with it, all the chances to get promoted automatically as second placed. However, we won the last game, preserving our sixth place, and the last spot for the promotion group stages.

- The group stages were teams 3th through 6th, with only one promotion spot for the top team after six games. Third place, Ionikos, started with one point already, I guess a bonus for having finished third. However, we didn't care. We continued to play our attacking football, and by game three, we were top of the group. By game five, we were automatically promoted. We finished the group an amazing 9 points ahead of the second team...and with an average of three goals per game. Incredible.

Regular table Promotion Group Stages

- So...we are promoted to the first division! Amazing. The defense was OK. The midfield was decent. The attack...incredible. Ismail ripped it, with 30 goals in 35 overall league games. Just wow. 26 year old Leonidas Kyvidelis accomplished his third season (out of three) with the club at double scoring figures, with 11 goals in league and three in the cup. Choutos scored nine goals, a very nice number for a third striker, and with four of them in the last month of competition, gave us a chance at promotion. We're studying renewing his contract.

- As of the Greek Cup, we fell in the fourth round against a Superliga team which ended 12th.

League player stats Team's stats

The economy sucks so far, but I have the hope things will get better eventually in the first division!

- So, here we go, onto the big stages! In the First Division, Olympiakos won with a very poor season, which shows how week the league is (currently 13th in the continent). The amazing thing, however, was seeing Panathinaikos with its worst season...ever?

- One last thing: In case you're curious as of why the 4th placed team got a CL spot...they do a bit of a group stages thing too, with teams 2th-5th in it. The top team earns a CL spot; and the last three, Europa League spots, with where you end in the group affecting which round you enter of the tournament. So, being as the fourth placed team got a second place reward...well, let's just say this league can be quite interesting :)

- The good thins ig that the last three get relegated, so there is no weird things when it comes to relegation!

Roll onto next year!

2011/12 - Panachaiki FC - Greek 2 Football League - 6th place - 56 points - 1st in Promotion group stages - PROMOTION!!!

Great stuff there, I was a bit confused on your transfers for a moment until I realised the m was for mille not million :D

Don't worry about your finances, the TV money for the Greek superleague on fm10 was just over £1M, really sorts you out quick.

Great stuff there, I was a bit confused on your transfers for a moment until I realised the m was for mille not million :D

Don't worry about your finances, the TV money for the Greek superleague on fm10 was just over £1M, really sorts you out quick.

Yeah, just got some news about getting 1mil, but I haven't gotten it yet...I guess you get it throughout the season?

I also got a message saying the health administration closed 900 seats in my stadium...major WTF

Start Otwock - Polish First Division - September 11/12 Update

9957.gif

Game #8: (A) Piast 3-2

We just weren’t up for the fight in this one. By the time we woke up, we were already 3-0 down and being played off the park. It’s a shame it took us an hour to get in the game. We pulled one back on 63 minutes and another with 5 minutes left, but couldn’t score a 3rd. What really frustrated me was that the referee blew for full time as I was attacking.

Game #9: (A) Polkowice 1-2

The total opposite of our last performance, so I’m impressed. We went out and controlled this match against struggling Polkowice from the off. We dominated possession and chances, leading 2-0 by half time. We should have been more comfortable to be fair. Polkowice pulled one back not long after the restart, and despite us controlling play and tempo, there was always that tinge of fear in the back of my mind. We couldn’t take advantage of a straight red in our favor in the 69th, but we managed to claim the 3 points and that’s what’s important.

Game #10: (H) Odra Wodzislaw 3-0

It was the battle of 8th (us) v. 9th in this one, so quite an important fixture in a rather congested table. To my surprise, this was one of our most comfortable victories of the season. In the beginning, we limited our opposition to long shots from outside the area and attempted to make our mark by controlling the tempo. Granted, they struck the woodwork a remarkable three times, but our superiority was never in doubt. The record high 664 fans in attendance witnessed a win that propelled us to 6th in the table. Very pleased with the fact that each of our shots on target ended up in the back of the Odra net. Also, last match I dropped our starting keeper, who also happens to be captain and was rewarded by a 7.3 performance and clean sheet by his replacement. As a matter of fact, my keeper and backline were picked in the team of the week AND their manager was sacked immediately after this match – delighted about that. :D

Game #11: (H) Gornik Walbrzych 1-0

This one, in my mind, was a must win game. Gornik are propping up the rest of the league, in last place. They haven’t won a game all season, securing only 2 points. Our team is flying high, we were actually made overwhelming favorites for this one, while our counterparts must be down in the dumps. This would be a great chance to expose the wider public to our story, as the match would be our first on TV! It was a plucky performance by the visitors. They impressed with their passing game and industry. They even managed to put one in the back of our net before the first was over – which was correctly ruled out for offside. By that time, we had taken a one goal lead, however, with one of our strikers audaciously latching onto a cross from the right and volleying it viciously towards goal. It took a clear deflection on it’s way in, but I felt the decision to class it an own goal was extremely harsh. The second half was largely boring. We had a couple of chances, including a one on one generated by a flick-on, but couldn’t capitalize. We were able to hold Gornik at arm’s length. Sadly, our first ever televised match was a forgettable affair. Not exactly how we wanted to present ourselves, but I’ll take the win.

Game #12: (A) Lechia Zielona Gora 1-0

Another crunch game, as we faced a Lechia Zielona Gora side tipped to be in a relegation dogfight. A result was badly needed here, as all the better teams had put them to the sword and Lechia were riding a 9 game winless streak. I was hoping we’d be professional in our performance and keep our foot on the gas pedal, so to speak. Unfortunately, the game was controlled by the hosts. They both bosses possession and hit us on the break, pinging long balls over the top that we struggled a bit to cope with. We had a few chances, to nick a result but couldn’t find the inspiration. The way we ultimately lost was a real kick in the teeth. I had made all of my subs when one of players had to go off injured. I, probably stupidly, left 3 in the midfield and 2 up front, and was made to pay when a Lechia pullback from the wing found a charging midfield runner unmarked to slot home late on.

FROM 5 GAME SEGMENT: 9 from a possible 15 points

Pretty damn pleased with the team so far, we’re getting balanced scoring and decent defense. We’re joint 2nd in the division in goals scored and sit in 6th place, 2 points off a playoff place (though Gornik Zabrze have played a game less) Prior to the aforementioned injury, we’d managed to stay completely injury free for the season, which has helped. Glad took the points we did, because that run featured some important, more straight forward fixtures.

In the next 5 games, we play leaders Gornik Leczna away and promotion chasers GKP Gorzow at home, so I’m interested to see how we’ll fare. Our form prior to the lengthy winter break, which is a mere 7 games away, could very well decide our promotion chances.

NEXT UPDATE: WILL TAKE YOU UP TO THE WINTER BREAK

9957.gif

Great update, Twellman. Fantastic stuff. Pleased to see you get on so well, after struggling with your first attempt (correct me if I'm wrong). Congratulations on your promotion! Even better, you did it playing attacking football (that scoring rate for Lateef says it all). Well earned, good luck in the top flight. The Greek league does seem very quirky and intriguing with those "group stage" playoffs. Must be a lot of fun, yeah?

I agree, that's a proper update, Twellman. Congrats on the first year promotion, the feeling is great when you manage that.

As for me here in Gorodeya, Belarus, we brought in ten new players, most of them will play in starting XI. I have high expectations for the upcoming season, mostly because of our amazing pre-season friendlies: four wins and a loss (won against two Highest League teams (2:1 and 5:2) and against Belshina, First League team (MP: 6th; we won 4:0)). This year, we will attack, not defend. First league game against newly-promoted Baranovichi.

Going for Hungary :thup:

Gundo: Any chance you could amend the list of leagues in the OP? Got quite annoying picking out exciting leagues from the list and then finding it isn't in FM. Bold doesn't work in those tags so there's nothing there to indicate which leagues are and aren't in the game

Tomaldinho, Cristiano is good and scored a hat-trick for me in only his second game. Has scored 4 goals in 3 games. Using him as an advanced forward with Kupera upfront with him as a target man.

I have just taken over manager of Vitkovice in Czech Republic (or something like that as am at work at the moment) and currently won my first 4 league games. The transfer budget I received was £1.1m and wages of £20k. Will give more of an update on my team when I return home.

Kozakken Boys - Eerste Divisie Season 2011/2012

Competitions

Eerste Divisie Table | Graph

Media Prediction: 18th

Promotion Play-off

Round 2 Leg 1: Kozakken Boys - Excelsior 3-1

Round 2 Leg 2: Excelsior - Kozakken Boys 3-1

Round 2 Decider: Kozakken Boys - Excelsior 1-0

Round 3 Leg 1: Kozakken Boys - Willem II 1-1

Round 3 Leg 2: Willem II - Kozakken Boys 2-3

Dutch Cup

Round 2: Kozakken Boys - FC Eindhoven 0-1

Finances

-------------------------

After taking over newly promoted Kozakken Boys, my only aim was to avoid relegation. During the pre-season I managed to sign a lot of older experienced players combined with two younger loaned strikers from Ajax and VVV. They became the backbone of my squad and the key to success.

The start of the league went very well, with three straight victories taking us to the top. The good form kept us going for a few more rounds until we experienced four rounds without a win, taking us down to 9th place. We managed to stay in 9th place until the winter transfer window, where I managed to strengthen the squad, especially on the midfield.

With added depth in the squad, Kozakken saw a slow rise towards the top of the league and we eventually reached a 3rd place before ending up at 4th place in the end. A 4th place meant we entered the promotion play-off in the second round, being drawn against the 2nd placed Excelsior.

The first leg was played at home, and Excelsior disappointingly took the lead after just 2 minutes. However, we didn't give up at that and scored two goals in the first half. The second half did not see much action until the 90th minute where Stroeve scored the important 3-1 goal for us.

In the second leg we were outplayed but managed to score a goal so the final result was 3-1 and that meant a decisive game at home. There we played very defensively and managed to score the first goal in the 80th minute, a lead which we held on to.

The third play-off round saw us drawn against Willem II, who ended up 17th in Eredivisie. The first game was even and the final result was 1-1. The second leg saw Willem take the lead 2-0, but an outstanding performce from our Ajax loan saw us score 3 goals which meant promotion to the Eredivisie!

Aims for next season:

Avoid relegation

Strengthen squad

Make a profit

Season        Division            Position  Dutch Cup       Europe  Other 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012       Eerste Divisie      4th       Second Round    N/A     Promotion!

How was it possible to take over as Kozakken Boys after the first season? They aren't in the topklasse (3rd tier) but in the hoofdklasse (4th tier) so how could they be promoted to the eerste divisie?

Going for Hungary :thup:

Gundo: Any chance you could amend the list of leagues in the OP? Got quite annoying picking out exciting leagues from the list and then finding it isn't in FM. Bold doesn't work in those tags so there's nothing there to indicate which leagues are and aren't in the game

Done.:thup:

How was it possible to take over as Kozakken Boys after the first season? They aren't in the topklasse (3rd tier) but in the hoofdklasse (4th tier) so how could they be promoted to the eerste divisie?

The game doesn't use the league structure below the lowest playable level. All clubs beneath that level are eligible for promotion into the lowest level, it's a raffle based on reputation.

Done.:thup:

Brilliant :thup:

The game doesn't use the league structure below the lowest playable level. All clubs beneath that level are eligible for promotion into the lowest level, it's a raffle based on reputation.

Brilliant :thup:

I thought only clubs from one level under the lowest playable level could be promoted into a playable league.

You'd think so, yes. But the thing is that the game doesn't simulate the leagues below that level so you'd be quite limited in which clubs get promoted throughout the span of your career. The draw is heavily weighted with reputation so a club with a reputation of 1000 is 10x likelier to get promoted than a team with a reputation of 100. Well, probably not exactly but you get the drift :)

Falu - Swedish Second Division - 2012

Table

Pretty identical season to the previous season. Not quite good enough to put in a promotion push, and too many draws making me nervous regardless of our final position.

My aims for the next season are to improve on 5th place and to sort out my finances that are looking a bit dodgy already!

Bridgend Town - Principality Welsh Premier League - 2016/17

Transfers - Becoming full time was more appealing and due to having a big transfer budget as a reward from euro performances the season before. These players will help take Bridgend to the next level.

Competitions

League - Table - One or two minor blips which did not affect the season what so ever.If the team could finish chances then we would have been unbeaten.

Champions League - Group Stages - I fluke my way in, I comfortably beat Rudar in the 2nd qualifier before sneaking past Red Star Belgrade before beating Inter Baku in the champions playoff. The group went as I expected so I aint complaining. In future I will be expecting more trips to Serbia (3 times in 4 seasons) and Azerbaijan (2 times in 2 seasons).

Welsh Cup - Winners - Played my youth in the final to see if they can match up to the Welsh prem quality. They can, just about.

League Cup - Winners - Played the majority of my fringe players and managed to win in an even game.

Players/Awards

I won manager of the year

Rob Yates was top scorer with 26 goals.

Scott Mckenzie was top of assists with 23 which beat the record by 7.

Alan Williams won Young Player of the Year

Nicholas King collected Welsh Young Player of the Year

Next Youth Prospect is Hugh Drake

Expectations

The Welsh Premier is now rated back at 1* and is ranked 258th.

The board want me to win the league, win the welsh cup and learn from participation in the league cup :confused: and the champions league.

Season     League    Cup              C.League      Euro Cup     Achievements
2011/12    2nd      Runners Up        N/A             N/A        Euro Cup Qualifcation
2012/13    1st      Winners           N/A             2nd QL     Domestic Treble
2013/14    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble
2014/15    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble.     
2015/16    1st      Winners           Play Off        Group      Domestic Treble.
2016/17    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble 

One last thing, this challenge is picking up speed....so good luck to those who are starting, congrats to those who have gained promotion and KUTGW :thup:

With the new DLR does the prize money change at all? I'm not really doing this challenge as I'm playing with Port Talbot but winning the Welsh Premier League now you get 1,700 i think but could that go up if the league improves? along with getting TV money which at the moment you dont get.

Another great season, B.W.G. Must have been sweet to finally add the CL group stage to your annual dominance of the domestic league. Well done! You're right about this thread picking up momentum as well, it's good to see.

Also, that's a good question MacLovin. Something I'm wondering myself. If I remember correctly, those things change for some leagues, but not all? Seem to remember hearing something like that in an interview before the game came out. Would be good to get confirmation from someone further along.

Thanks BWZ :thup:

As for the money, the welsh league does change. With the Welsh Premier being 358th last season, I was awarded £1,100 for finishing top so I assume that the same will happen if the Welsh league were to go up the ranking system.

My game is crashing with a crash dump, whenever I do one of the things being recommended in my backroom staff screens. I have reloaded and tried about 4-5 times, doing different things in between and it keeps crashing on this one action. As a result I will leave this save for the moment and start up a new one. Don't want to play when I know varying actions may cause a crash and if its further during the season, and I end up replaying games I will feel really bad. Hadn't really rebuilt the squad like I wanted for the new season regardless, so no real harm done.

Does mean I'm back to holidaying most probably in yet another different country.

Santa Claus 2014

The team was mostly set, just some more Estonians to add to the mix and away we went. After a poor start we went 13 games unbeaten before 1 defeat and then another 10 games unbeaten to finish the season. We have scored in all 24 of these matches, following a late comeback win against Haka we went top of the league and never lost it leading to PROMOTION!

League: Winners

Squad: Champions

Best Player: Timo Furuholm

Best non-Finn: Tamás Udvari (still going strong at 34)

Top Scorer: Timo Furuholm

Next season: Survival, money?

Year | League  | Position | Finnish Cup | Europe
-------------------------------------------------
2012 | Ykkönen | 7th      | 3rd Round   | N/A
2013 | Ykkönen | 3rd      | 3rd Round   | N/A
2014 | Ykkönen | 1st      | 3rd Round   | N/A

Icelander, great to see another player having a go in Hungary. Good luck.

If you see Karcag get promoted, can you make a save for me.

After winning three Champions League titles with them in FM09, I would like another go.

Presenting the new manager of Barry Town in the Welsh Premier Division.

They are starting with a backbone staff and no goalkeepers at all in any of the squads.

I am hoping I can bring them back to their old highs in the Welsh Premier Divison and maybe just maybe get somewhere in Europe with them.

First job, sign some scouts and a 2 goalies.

Icelander, great to see another player having a go in Hungary. Good luck.

If you see Karcag get promoted, can you make a save for me.

After winning three Champions League titles with them in FM09, I would like another go.

Thanks :) I'll try to remember, not hopeful considering the state of my memory :p Took over as the manager of.. er... just a sec.. Mosonmagyaróvár :D Just rolls of the tongue, doesn't it?

Thanks :) I'll try to remember, not hopeful considering the state of my memory :p Took over as the manager of.. er... just a sec.. Mosonmagyaróvár :D Just rolls of the tongue, doesn't it?

Depends what muscles your tongue is used to using. ;)

I will be watching your progress closely. Dont pay anyone more than Ł65 a week in the first season unless they're really something special.

Using € so no idea how much that is :D Played around 5 games, found that we are great at scoring late goals. Also a bit better at conceding them :thd:

Used an agent advice to sign a supposedly great Zambian striker, so far he hasn't lived up to his immense wages :thdn: Not going to mention how much I'm paying him :D I'll go bankrupt if I don't do well in the cups and bring in some revenue

Tomaldinho, Cristiano is good and scored a hat-trick for me in only his second game. Has scored 4 goals in 3 games. Using him as an advanced forward with Kupera upfront with him as a target man.

I have just taken over manager of Vitkovice in Czech Republic (or something like that as am at work at the moment) and currently won my first 4 league games. The transfer budget I received was £1.1m and wages of £20k. Will give more of an update on my team when I return home.

He has been a bit of a beast so far, definitely worth signing for such a small outlay. £1.1 million in season one?! That is pretty amazing to be honest, I thought I was lucky in what I was given to start with. I suppose you're looking to get out of the league within a season with that amount of cash to flaunt?

No idea to be honest, perhaps they havent coded the divisions below Eerste Divisie properly. Perhaps they only take into account reputation when deciding what teams promote. At first the team that was promoted was WKE (or something like that), but I reloaded a couple of times and then Kozakken Boys appeared. I have not made any changes to the database or used a third-party software or anything like that.

No idea to be honest, perhaps they havent coded the divisions below Eerste Divisie properly. Perhaps they only take into account reputation when deciding what teams promote. At first the team that was promoted was WKE (or something like that), but I reloaded a couple of times and then Kozakken Boys appeared. I have not made any changes to the database or used a third-party software or anything like that.

Or maybe it's already been explained? ;) Just saying

Eger - Hungarian Division II East - 2013/14 season review

Well, what an eventful season. We had a takeover at the start of the season, my job was threatened. Somehow despite a pitiful performance, I managed to keep it. Only won one of our first 12 games, to amazingly be sitting only second to last as Baktalórántháza pathetically tied up a relegation spot with six rounds remaining in the season.

We went on a mini-run winning three consecutive games to go into the winter break still in 15th position, but only 2 points from safety. The bottom half of the table was so tight that teams were jumping all over the place. We had another run of four consecutive wins towards the end of the season and manage to finish in our highest position ever, 9th place.

I received two job offers from higher placed teams, but turned them down of course to go down with this sinking ship.

For taking Eger to 9th place I was rewarded with the runner up in the manager of the season award. Thought a couple of our strikers got in the goal of the season for a split second, but on closer inspection I realised the goals were scored against us, not by us.

Hungarian Division II East 2013/14 league table

Eger progress graph

My controversial goalkeeper, Mohamed Keita, also had an interesting season. He made the Guinean national team, missed several league games, came back and asked for a leave of absence for homesickness, came back again and got injured, came back again and featured in almost all of our wins.

He is now off to play for Guinea in the 2014 World Cup in a group with Brazil, Australia and N. Ireland.

Our revelation of the season was youngster Gábor Ludánszki. He performed well, made huge improvements, got 3 caps in the Hungarian under 21 team, and has interest shown in him from Hungarian giants Debrecen.

Finances have plummeted once more. We are now Ł380k in debt with no sign of any profit. Apart from giving me zero transfer budget, the board dont seem worried.

So, the season looks comfortable, but feels like a 'great escape'. A nice finish, but another hard season ahead with no money, relying on free transfers and youth. Bring it on!!!

Thanks BWG

My only player at the World Cup, Mohamed Keita, got to play against Australia, but he conceded three in a 3-0 loss and didnt get to play again as Guinea lost 1-0 to both Brazil and Northern Ireland.

Awful start to the season, I doubt I will stay here until the end... In friendlies, we play great, pure, fluid football with minimum mistakes and lots of shots/goals. In the league, we mostly don't play... Three or four shots on goal is a maximum for us.

If I don't see any positive stuff more often, I will be glad to leave Gorodeya.

Eger miniupdate

Well, not too much activity in the off season, but I did manage to sign my first player worth getting excited about.

Ngangoue Hervé Tchami, originally from Cameroon, but now has dual Hungarian citizenship after playing here for 5 years. I definitely have big expectations of him.

We also drew our first league game 1-1 against a team recently relegated from the top flight, and won our first ever cup game on FM11. A 4-0 thrashing of non league Csepel.

Things are looking up.

Santa Claus 2015 - µUpdate

Its very expensive to be professional, after promotion thats what happened.

All players on pro-contracts (around twice the price)

All staff on pro-contracts

Full coaching staff for the first time

Newly formed reserves team

Brought in a couple of promising youngsters to put in it along with a couple of youth players

Wages now at £8K a week (budget of 6.3K), if we go down I'm screwed.

Archived