Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Personal Info:

My first time accepting any of these challanges and im excited and looking forward to this. Ive been a FM fan since '10 when i discovered it on steam and havent stopped since my first game as a manager. I have played in different leagues with alot of success and alot of failure. This is my first time trying to manage a lower league team and wont be my last. I chose Poland because every once in a while you can scout out a couple of gems here and i feel its difficult enough for me for a good challenge, yet not to the point where im doomed for failure. Ive only started in the past few years really following football (EPL and MLS, with some La Liga sprinkled in) and am completely in love with it. Wish me luck, this should be fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9463.png

Polish First Division - June 2011 - Season 1

Manager - Profile - Info

Overview

Team stats

Facilities

Finances - Summary - Salaries

League Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Objective for 2011 Season:

1. Get rid of dead weight

2. Establish continuity and winning attitude

3. Gain promotion

4. Avoid being embarrassed :cool:

Wish me luck!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck in the final Marky Mark! hopefully you can clinch it this time.

Welcome and good luck Babaginoosh :)

Saves getting corrupted always a reminder to make back-ups. Think this the only FM i took my own advice;) Good luck in Hungary Alurny

Really need to find some time to continue my save :(

Ambitious!! My 2011 goal was to not conceed 5 goals in over 50% of my games!!

Aim for the stars, reach the moon. Dont know if its realistic but ill give it my best. In the end, i will probably end up mid table (predicted to be 18th).

Ill be on for the next 5 hrs (love my wife :))

Noikeee, Well done on another title looks like you are begining it dominate domestically, the euro money helps immensely with this.

Do you think your squad is up to challenging the better teams in europe yet?

Certainly your players look like a similar strength to mine, although i would say the defence needs improving. how far afield can you scout? South america and africa are goldmines for players i'm finding.

Thanks, I feel we're still way way behind the european elite but we've beat Kobenhavn once, we've beat PSV once so that's something at least.

I'm buying tons of south americans and africans too (can scout the whole world), but I think I've got an advantage over you as I doubt the local hungarian pool of talent is as good as the croatian. And it's time to use it as I'm pushing the limit of foreigners, they're not gaining croatian nationality fast enough.

The issue with defence is that I keep on buying players that are theoretically better but perform worse on the field. Finding it hard to replace the full-backs particularly, and they're both croatian so help with the foreign limit...

dunloyfc-thumb-899461.png

Dunloy 2024/25 Season Update - Northern Irish Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Second Division - 2nd, Promotion!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Winners of Intermediate, Steel & Sons Cup - Promotion!

2013/14 - Premier Division - 1st, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2014/15 - Premier Division - 3rd, 4th in CL Group Stage, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2015/16 - Premier Division - 1st, 4th in Europa League Group Stage, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co-An Shield

2016/17 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co. An Shield

2017/18 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2018/19 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st Knockout Round of CL, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2019/20 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, Europa League Runner up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2020/21 - Premier Division - 1st, 2nd in CL Group Stage, CL Qtr Final, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2021/22 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Qtr Final, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2022/23 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Runner Up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2023/24 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Knockout Round, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2024/25 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, ???, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

38 Pld, 38 Won, 0 Drn, 0 Lst, 103 For, 10 Ag, +93 GD, 114 Pts

Transfers / Star Players / Team Summary

2025 Transfers

After my unsuccessful spending spree last year which saw my post a $20M loss, I only brought in 12 players this season, spending $5M, whilst I saw 25 players leave the club for $15.5M, the first time I had turned a profit in the transfer market. Of the 12 new faces, there were two that made an immediate impact on the senior squad:

Ray Ross: The biggest signing this season was the 22 year old English keeper who was released from Chelsea after only 4 league appearances for them in 8 seasons, however he also had 19 caps for England, and appeared to be their 3rd / 4th choice keeper. Given he was a young English international with quite good attributes, I was shocked that I was the only one interested in signing him, but I was and he is now a Dunloy player worth $13M, the second most valuable Dunloy player, and managed 42 clean sheets from 59 games at 7.05 - great debut season by Ross!

Jose Miguel Casares: The other big new signing was a 29 year old versatile Spanish defender who had played over 300 league games in the top flights of Spain, Serbia, Holland, Belgium and France before signing for Dunloy. Whilst he had poor technical attributes, his mental and physical attributes made up for it, and being able to play anywhere in defence also came in handy. Managed 35 games at 7.17 in his first Dunloy season, not bad.

Supporters Player of the Season / N.I. Premier Division Player of the Season

Liam McDermott: For the 2nd consecutive season, he took out both of these awards, and 23 year old central defender had another fantastic season, with 18 goals, 3 assists and 10 MoM at 7.88 from 46 games, which makes for fantastic reading!

N.I. Premier Division Young Player of the Season

Murray Hughes: After coming third in this award the last two seasons, he has finally won the award this season, stepping up to play an important role in central defence, as well as becoming a regular in the Scotland side, earning 16 caps. For Dunloy he had 3 goals, 4 assists and 2 MoM at 7.28 from 50 games, and at only 20 years old, he will hopefully blossom into something special.

2025 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

League / Domestic Cups: Finally, I have done it, won every game in the domestic season, being 38 league games and 19 domestic cup games. This brings my unbeaten league run to 306, and my league games won in a row up to 70. With a perfect domestic season finally achieved, the only challenge left is to bring home the Champions League trophy.

2025 League Table

League Reputation: 13th (0) - between Holland's Eredivisie and the Scottish Cup

Club Coefficient: 6th (-1) - between Arsenal and Olympique Lyonnais

National Coefficient: 11th (0) - between Scotland and Austria

Europe: My European adventure started with Sporting CP, Valencia and Wisla in the group stages, and as per usual now I had no problems with the group stages, managing 5 wins and 1 draw (0-0 against Sporting CP at home), scoring 10 goals and not conceding any, which again saw my top the group

2025 Champions League Group Stage

CL 1st Knockout Round v Besiktas: 2-1 (A), 6-2 (H): A nice gentle start to the knockout rounds, the away leg was a fairly close affair, which Dunloy just had the better of, but the home leg was dominated by Dunloy, and the 6-2 away leg was just rewards for what was a dominating performance.

CL Quarter Final v Man Utd: 1-0 (A), 0-0 (H): The away leg first up was a match that parent club Man Utd dominated, with 56% possession and and 17 shots to 5, however Dunloy had the only clear cut chance of the game, and that was converted by Dunloy central defender and MoM Liam McDermott to give Dunloy a lucky 1-0 away win. In the home leg, it was a much more even game, and this time Dunloy had 53% of the ball, but again less shots on goal - 11 to 23. However, neither side managed to score, and the tie ended 0-0, or 1-0 on aggregate. A little lucky, but I'll take it.

CL Semi Final v Porto: 3-0 (H), 1-1 (A): Faced against the club that knocked me out of the CL in the 1st knockout round last year, I wanted revenge, and that is what I got in the first leg, a match dominated by Dunloy, and left with a 3-0 home leg win. The away leg was much closer, with Porto hitting the lead on 16 minutes, but Dunloy struck back thanks to star defender McDermott's 18th goal of the season after 62 minutes, and despite Porto having the best of the chances, that was how the game ended, 1-1, and 4-1 on aggregate.

Finally, after a complete failure last season, getting knocked out in the 1st knockout round, Dunloy is back to another Champions League Final, their 2nd in 3 seasons, and they were up against Olympique Lyonnais, a team they have only faced in the 2022 Quarter Final when they knocked out Dunloy 2-4 on aggregate. There is no doubting this Dunloy squad was much better placed than 3 years ago, but only time would tell if they could go one better.

CL Final v Olympique Lyonnais: To follow in detail

Finances / Facilities

After last seasons $36M loss I was much more careful in the transfer market, and whilst my wage budget increased to over $100k a week (from $800k a week last season), I managed to make $14M profit in the transfer marker, and overall made a $21M profit, leading to a more reasonable closing balance of $37M.

My stadium 'expansion' has also been approved, and is due to be completed in November, however it is listed as a 281 Seat Terrace Conversion, so it will be interesting to see if it will actually increase my capacity or just add some seats (which from what I have read will actually reduce my capacity for European ties).

2025 Finances

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Top

Youth Facilities: Excellent

Youth Recruitment: Limited

New Club Records

Average Attendance: 614

Most Games Won in Row: 44 - 5/10/2024 to 12/4/2025

Most Games Without Losing: 84 - 23/3/2024 to 31/5/2025

Highest Transfer Fee Received: $11,500,000 (Jason Stamp to Preston - 26/8/2024)

Total Transfer Income: $19,500,000

Budafok 2020/21 Hungarian Division 1

Title

Positions

After last seasons disaster i made sure that no repeat occured, leading the league for most of the season and wrapping up the title with 3 games to go. In the hungarian cup i went out in the 4th round on away goals. For the first time i reached the final of the league cup were i won 4-0 on agg over Fehervar.

In europe i easily went past Simurq and then squeezed past Sturm Graz 3-2 on agg after winning the 2nd leg away 2-1. In the 4th QRd i went through on away goals against Academica.

In the group matches i faced a tough group of Bolton, Benfica and Genoa. After losing the first match at home to Bolton 3-2 i though it would be a fruitless campaign but came back to win all 3 away games and the home match to Benfica before losing the final match at home to Genoa. The first Knockout round i was facing Wolfsburg and lost the first leg at home 3-2 and the away 2-1, both results could have been far bigger as well.

Squad

Transfers

I had a bit of a clearout of some longtime players through the season to improve the squad quality. Busai (161 apps, 25 goals) and Magos (173, 2 goals) went when their contacts expired and BenSalem went in Jan. Kila was my record apps holder with 236 apps and 23 goals but wanted to move and with the better Hoveson coming in was sold on. Weiss (103 apps, 7 goals) also went as although first choice i felt i had other equally good options, the money went on buying Hendricks. Yameogo showed why he wasn't missed with some outstanding performances, arhkipov was his usual consistant goal scoring threat.

Daniel was signed at the end of his contract and was described at his former club as a 'promising' centreback and the next Lucio.

In other news the board decided i didn't need any training ground improvements as they are good enough already even though they have never been improved from adequate.

They also spent 7 months planning a ground capacity increase before it was cancelled by the council.

Season            League             Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                     -                     -                      League Winners
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                 1st Stage                 -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winners                Semi-final         2nd QRd   Euro cup            European Qualification, HC Winner
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winners                Semi-final         3rd QRd   Euro cup            League winnner, HC Winner
2018/19        First Division         1st                Semi final             Quarter-final      3rd QRd   CL                  League winner
                                                                                                  4th QRd   Euro cup
2019/20        First Division         3rd                4th Rd                 Semi-final         Cl Group stages               None
2020/21        First Division         1st                4th Rd                 Winners            Euro Cup 1st KO Rd           League winnner, LC Winner                                              

League Ranking (standard) - Club coefficient/League Coefficient

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

19/20 - 68 (2*) - 381 /27

20/21 - 50 (2.5*) - 211/27

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

My good form in europe meant both my club and nation coefficients went up, strangely the standard of the league went down.

Last save was corrupted somehow and i cant salvage it. Its too bad cause i was mid table half way through season 1 and managed to expand number of scouts and starting to win. Disregard this team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Info:

My first time accepting any of these challanges and im excited and looking forward to this. Ive been a FM fan since '10 when i discovered it on steam and havent stopped since my first game as a manager. I have played in different leagues with alot of success and alot of failure. This is my first time trying to manage a lower league team and wont be my last. I chose Poland because every once in a while you can scout out a couple of gems here and i feel its difficult enough for me for a good challenge, yet not to the point where im doomed for failure. Ive only started in the past few years really following football (EPL and MLS, with some La Liga sprinkled in) and am completely in love with it. Wish me luck, this should be fun.

stalrzeszowlogo.png

Polish First Division - June 2011 - Season 1

Manager - Profile - Info

Overview

Team Facts

Facilities

Finances - Summary - Salaries

League Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Objective for 2011 Season:

1. Get rid of dead weight and trim expenses to bare minimum

2. Establish continuity and winning attitude

3. Avoid relegation

4. Avoid being embarrassed :cool:

Wish me luck!!

FCLL.jpg

Season 2011/2012 - Belgian Third Division B

After taking the job, I went about imposing my style of play on the club. An attacking brand of football, in the formation 4-3-2-1. Some decent players, but there definately needs some additions to be made. No prospects at all in the youth team.

The team has a very good stadium, Tivoli, which has a capacity of 9900 with over half seated! Adequate corporate, adequate training, basic youth facilities and fairly basic youth recruitment.

League:

The season started well with the team adapting to my tactics quickly and winning 6 out of the first 10 games including a 5-1 win :cool:

The middle of the season didnt go so well, drawing the majority of our games, but we finished strongly to take 3rd spot on the table and qualify for the playoffs due to our position and the fact that we were fortunate enough that the 2 teams ahead of us had won a period each.

Final League Table: http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h312/dextyrious/FCLL/?action=view&current=Belgium3DB20112012.png

The playoffs started with 0-0 draw in the home leg and a 1-0 win in the away leg. In the semis, things were just as tight with a 2-1 win at home followed up with a 2-2 draw away. The final of the playoffs did not start well with a 2-1 loss away from home against the team that could only be described as my bogey team for the year, Verviers. The home leg was where it would be decided and at the end of 90 minutes, the score was 2-1 as a win so extra time beckoned. Both teams couldnt break each other down even though there was a red card for Verviers so the dreaded penalties were needed to see who would go up and who would go down. It required 12 penalties from each team, but a winner was finally decided. La Louviere were going to the 2nd division! :D

Playoff Final:

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h312/dextyrious/FCLL/?action=view&current=Belgium3Dplayofffinal2ndleg.png

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h312/dextyrious/FCLL/?action=view&current=Belgium3Dplayofffinal2ndleg.png#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs67.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fh312%2Fdextyrious%2FFCLL%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DBelgium3Dplayofffinal2ndlegmixed.png

Belgian Cup:

The team hoped to go on a bit of a run in the belgian cup early, but it didnt eventuate. Started in the 3rd round, knocked out in the 4th which matched the expectations. Hopefully we can do better in the future.

Players:

Standout players for the year had to be my french striker Nicolas Pajot and attacking midfielder Taner Ozer, my captain. Pajot was top scorer with 21 goals for the season, a very healthy return. Ozer was a constant threat and finished the season with 10 goals and 10 assists. Fans player of the year was Stephane Ghislain.

Overall:

A very good year, culminating in one hell of a final in the playoffs. Couldnt ask for much more.

Goals for next year:

- Trim off some of the deadwood

- Sign the players to keep us up

- Maybe a cup run

- Stay up in the 2nd division

UPDATE:

3 friendlys organised for the new season. 2 against belgian teams in the lower divisions like me. AND MAN CITY!!!! Hopefully we can get a bumper crowd packed into Tivoli for the game!

2025 Champions League Final - Dunloy v Olympique Lyonnais

Here we are again, the 2nd Champions League final appearance in 3 seasons for Dunloy, this time against a very impressive Olympique Lyonnais side - all of their starting XI (and 4 of their 7 subs) are international players for either France, Brazil, Argentina or Spain, and they have an average value of $37M. This compared to Dunloy, which only has one current international (keeper Ray Ross, who is England's 3rd choice keeper), and an average value of only $8M. On paper, Olympique Lyonnais have it all over Dunloy, but as we know from two years ago, when Dunloy almost pulled off an upset, anything can happen.

Before we kickoff, let's have a look at the two players identified as key players for the match ahead:

Dunloy -

Ray Ross: In his first season at Dunloy after 8 seasons at Chelsea, the Dunloy keeper and 3rd choice English keeper has been amazing keeping 42 clean sheets from 59 games, and having a look at his attributes it's no wonder why! At 23, he has already earned 19 English caps. Valued at $12M, he is the second most valuable Dunloy player, and earning $34k per week he is also one of the higher wage earners.

Olympique Lyonnais -

Bernard Thiebaud: The 24 year old French defender was a youth product for Olympique Lyonnais, and he is an absolute beast. Just looking at his physical stats, he has 18+ for Acceleration (20), Balance, Pace (19 each), Agility and Stamina (18 each), making him the fastest thing on the football field, and unfortunately his technical and mental attributes are equally impressive. He has also earned 55 international caps for France (debuting at a record 19 years old). Valued at $76M, he is the 2nd most valuable player in the world, and earning $135k per week, he earns more than twice as much at the highest Dunloy earner. He has been shortlisted for the last 5 World Golden Balls, winning in 2023. He has also been included in the European Championship dream team and Champions League Dream Team in the past.

Time for the kickoff in the biggest game in Europe, Dunloy is lining up with the usual attacking 4-2-2 (really a 4-2-2-2, with an AML and AMR), whilst Olympique Lyonnais lining up with a standard 4-4-2

Kickoff

26th Minute: Olympique Lyonnais have the ball in the center of the field, and a couple of nice passes later they have the ball just outside the 18 yard box. A pass is played into the box, however Dunloy defender Hughes and keeper Ross both look to have it covered... although they both go for the ball, and defender Hughes only managed to kick the ball into his teammate and it bounces free to Olympique Lyonnais striker Colonnette, who can't believe his luck as he passes the ball into an empty net for the first goal of the match, terrible communication by the Dunloy defence! Dunloy 0 - Olympique Lyonnais 1

33rd Minute: Dunloy now with a free kick in their attacking third of the pitch. Striker Ince hits a great free kick into the 6 yard box, defender Hughes rises up and directs a header goal ward, but a diving save by the OL keeper Areola sees the ball pushed away into the path of Dunloy midfielder Clemence, who fires the ball straight into the sprawled keeper, the ball bounces off the keeper, then off OL defender Hernandez, and into the goal! An own goal by OL has leveled the scores, great pressure by Dunloy to create that goal! Dunloy 1 - Olympique Lyonnais 1

End of First Half: Dunloy 1 - Olympique Lyonnais 1: In a half short of chances, both teams have managed to get on the board, but both due to defensive errors. Dunloy make two changes with under performing midfielder Edwards (6.1) and Ince (6.0) replaced with Harris and Kennedy in like for like changes. Both new players are also excellent penalty takers, so they might come in handy later on.

55th Minute: Dunloy with the ball in defence, and making a counter attacking move... a couple of direct passes later they are outside their 16 yard box, and Dunloy striker Kennedy is played into the box, with 2 defenders bearing down on him, suddenly he is down in the box, and the ref blows his whistle! Wait, the ref is heading towards Kennedy, and has accused him of diving. He has already picked up a yellow card earlier, and now he is shown another one, and is sent off! In the 10 minutes Kennedy was on the pitch his stats read 1 pass, 1 offside, 4 fouls against, 2 yellow cards - not great reading! With Dunloy 1 man down, it's going to be tough now!

61st Minute: Olympique Lyonnais with the ball in the middle of the pitch, slowly bringing the ball down the left flank, suddenly OL striker Colonnette turns his man inside out and runs into the box, shoots, but great diving save by keeper Ross, and cleared by the Dunloy defence.

75th Minute: Olympique Lyonnais again with the ball, and again running down the pitch... this time Brazilian winger Alberto ends up with it on the edge of the box, with no defenders around him... shoots, but straight at the keeper, who holds onto it. OL are looking the much better team with an extra player, but are yet to make it count on the scoreboard.

84th Minute: Dunloy are making a rare forward run, and are flying down the left wing... a great cross into lone striker Wickham inside the box, bearing down on the keeper, and he also falls down inside the box. Another whistle, and this time it is a penalty! OL defender Diaz, who brought him down, and already has a yellow, has a chat to the ref... but just a warning. However the OL players are not happy at all and still complaining, and the ref hands out 2 yellow cards for dissent, including one to defender Diego who already has a yellow card, and is sent off! It's now 10 men each, with a Dunloy penalty to come!

85th Minute: Ok, Dunloy midfielder Harris with the penalty kick... but fires it straight into the keeper, who bats it away. The ball falls into the path of oncoming midfielder Sheppard who also shoots, but again straight into the keeper, who holds onto it this time. What a waste!

End of second half: Dunloy 1 - Olympique Lyonnais 1: Well, what an eventful second half! Despite the score still being 1-1, there were 8 yellow cards, 2 red cards and a missed penalty. So, both teams go into extra time with 10 men

92nd Minute: Olympique Lyonnais with a corner, deep towards the far post, headed across goal by an OL defender, then another header towards goal by OL striker Rodriguez, but straight at the keeper, and easily held.

101st Minute: Dunloy with the ball in defence... a few long passes into midfield, and suddenly another long pass into the box, lone striker Wickham is trying to run onto it, with 2 defenders also chasing it down, they all reach the ball at the same time, and again, Wickham is down, and again, another penalty!

102nd Minute: Midfielder Harris steps up for his 2nd penalty of the match, and fires it towards the left corner, but saved again by the keeper! Unbelievable! 2 penalty misses in the Champions League Final! Will this cost Dunloy the final? Only time will tell.

108th Minute: Dunloy with another corner early in the 2nd half of extra time. Ball floats towards the far post, and the OL defence clear it, but wait, another whistle, and it is another penalty to Dunloy, with midfielder Harris being fouled... and before i can change my penalty takers it is that man again Harris lining up for the penalty, his third attempt of the match. He takes his time with this penalty, and then shoots, but well over the crossbar, that wasn't close! I can't believe he has missed his 3rd penalty, and with not long to go, it looks like the match is now headed to penalties thanks to Harris' misses.

111th Minute: OL with the throw deep in, fullback Thiebaud tries a cross into the box, which is actually heading goal ward, but Ross makes a good save on the line - OL almost got lucky with that one!

119th Minute: Dunloy with the ball now, just minutes from the end of extra time... suddenly, from outside the box, midfielder Harris unleashes a fierce shot which the OL keeper just manages to push away at full stretch, Dunloy winger Peters reaches the ball first and passes it across the goalface to teammate Sheppard, who, between two defenders, fires a shot off and scores, the keeper helpless to react. And unlike 2 years ago, this goal does stand, and Dunloy hit the front, with 1 minute left in extra time! Dunloy 2 - Olympique Lyonnais 1

Full Time:

Dunloy 2 - Olympique Lyonnais 1: That's it, the final siren, and Dunloy have finally done it! The have won the Champions League, and completed the challenge!!

Let's have a look at this Champions League winning side in more detail:

GK -

Ray Ross: The 23 year old English keeper, with 19 caps, was a hero today, and walked away with the MoM. Average rating of 8.3

DL - Jose Miguel Casares: 30 year old fringe player Casares only came into the starting XI due to suspension, and played only his 2nd game in left back, but managed 11 interceptions, and a rating of 7.3

DC - Liam McDermott: The 23 year old central defender has been superb all season, scoring 18 goals this season, and managed 13 headers, and a rating of 7.4, still short of his 7.88 season average

DC - Murray Hughes: The 20 year old Scottish defender has already won 20 caps, and despite not the best attributes, he was the best defender, with 13 intercepts and a rating of 7.7

DR - Lee Jones: The 26 year old right back has some of the better attributes of the Dunloy players, but only managed a rating of 6.9

MC - Tim Edwards: Only lasted 45 minutes before being subbed off, had an average game with a 6.1 rating, but is leaving to join Schalke next season

MC - Jamie Sheppard: This 20 year old match winner is actually on loan from Newcastle, and playing only his 9th game for the season, but it was one to remember, scoring the winner despite picking up a twisted ankle in the 2nd half. Average rating of 7.7

AMR - Ross Clemence: Subbed off in extra time, the right winger had an unspectacular game with a rating of 6.9 (and one assist), but has been a solid performer all season.

AML - Thomas Peters: Great game by the 22 year old left winger, running 17.2 km, and setting up the game winning goal. Average rating of 8.1

ST - Connor Wickham ©: Solid game by the 32 year old considering he was the lone striker for most of the match, but surprisingly didn't manage a single attempt at goal! Average rating of 7.0

ST - Charlie Ince: The 25 year old English striker, who earned his first cap earlier this season, had a game to forget, dragged off after 45 minutes. Average Rating 6.0, although he has been the best striker all season with 35 goals at 7.55

(S1) MC: Philip Harris: The man of the moment for all the wrong reasons, whilst he had 6 shots on goal, he missed 3 penalties (despite having a penalty attribute of 17), and ended with an average rating of 3.5

(S2) ST: Jason Kennedy: Another match to forget, the backup striker lasted only 10 minutes before picking up 2 yellow cards. No average rating

(S3) AML: Zak Burton: 25 year old backup midfielder was brought on in the 93rd minute largely for his penalty taking skills, but wasn't needed! Average rating 6.3

(Sus) DL:

John Beattie: Despite being suspended and unable to play in the final, the 24 year old left back had been one of the players of the season for Dunloy, with amazing physical and mental attributes, and he racked up 55 games at 7.66 - desperately unlucky to miss the final, but thankfully he wasn't needed.

Well, that is it, the challenge is finally complete, and amazingly the winner was scored by a Lonee from Newcastle playing only his 9th game... it was a bit of a gamble, but it payed off!

Well, I think I will play one more season with Dunloy to see if I can defend my title (and also add the Euro Cup / World Club Cup), but then I'm going to put an end to this career, which has spanned 14 seasons... although someone on here did mention that it is easier with a UK side as we can field largely English sides, so I am tempted to start another challenge in Eastern Europe... we'll see.

Good luck everyone with your challenge, and get ready for one last Dunloy update from me to see if I can defend my title!

stalrzeszowlogo.png

Polish First Division - June 2011/2012 - Season 1

Manager - Profile - Info

Objective for 2011 Season 1 Review:

1. Get rid of dead weight and trim expenses to bare minimum - Mission Accomplished

There wasnt much to get rid of and even if i wanted to i couldnt. My reserves were non-existence, my U18's were worthless 1/2 star players, and my starting rotation needed a bit of help. I quickly realized that the dead weight was never there, because there was really no weight at all :D. Now my focus goes to the season and making sure I have a respectable finish.

Loans

Daniel Rabenda - Rabenda's stats for 2011-2012 - Great pickup for me. I really did not want to rely on loans for the first season because my goal was to establish continuity within the club. Loans would just rip the team apart when they would expire. This guy did a marvelous job for me even though he was slightly playing out of his traditional role. He lasted for the first half and did extremely well, but i noticed after the break his play dropped significantly so i kept him on the bench as a sub and would bring him in around the 60th minute to give my old striker a break.

Transfers

Sebastian Keska - Keska's stats for 2011-2012 - Solidified the lack of depth in the midfield. I threw him right into the fire with my starting lineup because of injuries, and he responded fairly well. Once i got my full squad back a month into the season i was switching him in and out from my starting 11 and i noticed that he was responding very well when he would come off the bench. Midway through the season i made a decision to bring him in as a super sub and he would rotate with Krauze during matches. Played exceptionally well in this setup as my scoring after the 60th minute increased, regardless if it was even or i was playing from behind.

Marcin Rogozinski - Rogozinski's stats for 2011-2012 - Mid-season transfer window pickup to help out with the lack of quality play in defense. With the system i was running i needed higher skill ball handling defense because i was playing alot of keep-away from the opposing team (after all, they cant score if they dont have the ball). Marcin helped out a great deal towards the end of the season once he learned the system and gelled with the team. Signed him for the next season and he will be staying as part of my starting 11.

2. Establish continuity and winning attitude - Mission Accomplished

Success begets success, so my mission was to establish a winning attitude. Having an ambitious group meant i would be either a great success or utter failure. The minimum amount of moves, putting players in their respective roles to optimize their abilities and finishing above and beyond expectations helped solidify a winning attitude and squad harmony. Starting the 2012 season i have kept 10 of my starting 11 which will help me start off my season with a bang. Ended season with squad harmony at 84% and the team is itching to get back on the pitch.

3. Avoid relegation - Mission Accomplished

Media prediction - 16th (relegation) Actual finish - 5th - Nuff' said

4. Avoid being embarrassed :cool: - Mission Accomplished

What an excellent season to start my career blowing away most of the competition, maintaining a winning bunch and getting ready to battle through another season.

Manager's status - As you can see, the board loves me. Increased payroll and invested another 130k into the team and it seems like they want to add more. Ive tried 3 times during the season to get them to invest in a youth academy and as much as they want to, they cant afford it. Im just going to keep plowing away and they will have to do it eventually, especially when i get promoted.

Notable Team Stats

Beginning of season - End of season

-------------------------------------------------

Team value - 45k up to 140k (up 95k)

Season tickets - 250 up to 291 (up 45)

Avg. ticket price - $2.20 up to $4.50 (up $2.30)

Avg. season ticket price - $14.00 up to 28.00 (up $14.00)

Key Players

Ireneusz Grybos - Grybos's stats for 2011-2012 - Team MVP - What can i say except he was exceptional to the team and the driving force behind the offense. I played him as a Target Man/Complete forward and he excelled at everything. He was everywhere on the pitch, tireless forward that adapted to every formation and any complementing striker i paired him with. 7 MoM's to boot. Tied him up for next 2 years :)

Janusz Iwanicki - Team vice-captain, instrumental to my play style of possession. Unfortunately i need to start looking for a replacement because he is getting older and slower.

Serges Keima - Keima's stats for 2011-2012 - 'The glue' behind the offense. Played a great midfield for this setup, played exceptionally well both ways and was proficient in his role. Only reason why the system worked so well was because of him, otherwise i would have to play a flat 4-4-2 instead of the one im playing now.

Objective for 2012 Season 2:

1. Replace aging players

2. Finish top half

3. Respectable showing in Polish FA cup

4. Pester board to upgrade youth academy

Ill post a couple more details when i get the chance, but right now i have a Cup to win this season.

Have just restarted my Skjetten save in 2019!

As it stands we have progressed through the group stages of the Champs League and are hopeful of going one step further than last time (First time qualified!) where we lost 1-0 on aggregate against Barcelona in the Semi-Final.

We've just gone through against Everton on away goals and have been drawn in the Quarter Finals against FC Bayern, again.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress!

Quick update -

Away leg first up, and although they completely outplayed us we somehow managed to draw 1-1.

The home leg was a much more even affair, but Skjetten's defence stayed firm and held out for a 0-0 draw. Skjetten progress through to the Semi's with an away goals victory!

Next up, Arsenal!

Thanks guys for all the congratulations, it was a long hard slog but I was confident I could do it and I finally did it - and I'm sure all you guys can as well!

Thebaker - Whilst I also have (what I think is) a good tactic, I found the two key players in the team are a good goalkeeper (as they will get tested in Europe) and a reliable striker, and that's what I had this season with Ray Ross and Charlie Ince, both of who were rewarded with English caps this season. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get there!

Ok, I've got one last Dunloy update to come to see if I can defend my title...

After years of playing football for home town neyland in the pembrokeshire league in wales, Button took a football management course and passed. Now he is living in sweden at the age of 35 looking to get a job in football management, he applied for various jobs and got Many job offers. He accepted Panellinios and is now spearheading their challenge to the top.

Panellinios_IF.png

The Manager

Media Prediction - 9th

Finances - Okay

Rivals - None

Favoured people - None

Reputation - Local

Year Founded - 2005

Season Goals

1. Bring in quality youngsters

2. Improve Finances

3. Solid league finish

4. Hire some staff

5. Get rid of deadwood and wages spongers

((This is my first ever challenge wish me luck! :p )

Welsh Wizard - Barry Town - Welsh Premier League - 2013-14 - Season 3

595px-Barry_Town_FC.svg.png

Club Info

Facts

Facilities

Stats

Squad General

Squad Stats

Transfers

Finances Summery

Finances Wages

Finances really healthy but no one wants to join with even less players joining.

Training and youth facilities are getting improved thanks to the Run in Euro

Key Players

Colin Nish - Started as a impact sub but managed to make a great scoring recorded.

Tom Walker - The ex-Chelsea youth player was the creative player in mid again setting-up a crazy amount of goals

Leroy Lita - Just too fast for the league and scored some vital goals in euro.

Logo_Eng.jpg_Website.png

Predicted:- 1st

Finished:- 1st

Table

Previous Standings Graph

Player Stats

Easy league season to be honest.

200px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.png

Fixtures

Group

Just managed to edge our way out of the group ahead of Chelsea. Made the quarters untill Atletico Madrid proved to good.

Welsh Cup

Final - Champions

Results

Loosemores League Cup

Final - Champions

Results

Wins in both cups secured the treble, again. Domestic dominance continues.

Tracking Rise

Average Attendance - 1026 - Up 255

Club Value - £11.75M - Up £6.85M

Sponsorship - £40.16k - Up £33.6k

Club Coefficient - 26,732, 83rd - up 19,991, up 139 places

League Rating - 266st (1 star) - Up 115 places, Up 0.5 stars

League Coefficient - 8,500 30th (of 53) - up 5,167, up 12 places

Aims for Next Season

1. Try to maintain domestic dominance with League/Cup wins.
  2. Try not to get embarrassed in Europe.
  3. Improve squad and get rid of dead wood.

Season     League    Welsh Cup    League Cup    Europe                     Other Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12     1st       Winners      Winners       N/A                 Manager of the Year, Domestic Treble
2012/13     1st       Winners      Winners       4th CL Group        Manager of the Year, Domestic Treble
2013/14     1st       Winners      Winners       Quarter Final of CL Manager of the Year, Domestic Treble

After years of playing football for home town neyland in the pembrokeshire league in wales, Button took a football management course and passed. Now he is living in sweden at the age of 35 looking to get a job in football management, he applied for various jobs and got Many job offers. He accepted Panellinios and is now spearheading their challenge to the top.

Um... you're not supposed to start unemployed. You're meant to just flat-out pick one of the previously unplayable teams

Welsh Wizard is it just me, or does everyone seem to be having a really easy time of it in Wales?

Welsh Wizard is it just me, or does everyone seem to be having a really easy time of it in Wales?

Seems very easy to dominate the domesic scene. Very good players become free agents you just got to wait till they want to join. Euro is the real test with hardly any players wanting to join.

Dunloy 2025/26 Season Update - Northern Irish Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Second Division - 2nd, Promotion!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Winners of Intermediate, Steel & Sons Cup - Promotion!

2013/14 - Premier Division - 1st, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2014/15 - Premier Division - 3rd, 4th in CL Group Stage, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2015/16 - Premier Division - 1st, 4th in Europa League Group Stage, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co-An Shield

2016/17 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co. An Shield

2017/18 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2018/19 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st Knockout Round of CL, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2019/20 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, Europa League Runner up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2020/21 - Premier Division - 1st, 2nd in CL Group Stage, CL Qtr Final, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2021/22 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Qtr Final, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2022/23 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Runner Up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2023/24 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Knockout Round, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2024/25 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Champions, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2025/26 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Runner Up, CWC Champions, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

38 Pld, 38 Won, 0 Drn, 0 Lst, 122 For, 10 Ag, +112 GD, 114 Pts

2026 Transfers

After completing the challenge last season it was amazing how many decent foreign players I could sign... I still couldn't sign many quality players, but still signed 12 in total for $4.7M, again most on frees, and sold 20 for $11.75, again turning a profit in the transfer market for the 2nd season in a row.

Whilst quite a few of the signings were of good quality and earned a place in the starting XI, there was one in particular who was particularly impressive:

Chris Milton: The 30 year old central defender had over 200 games experience with Arsenal, Man U, and then Chelsea before joining Dunloy, so his signing was a major coup! The defender has great physical and mental stats, and managed 11 goals and 7 MoM at 7.63 from 51 appearances

However, the best player for the season, and Supporter's Player of the Season, setting new Dunloy records, was 26 year old striker Charlie Ince:

Charlie Ince: In his third season at the club, after moving from Man U on a free, the 26 year old striker looks to finally be living up to his potential, scoring an amazing 46 goals, 23 assists and 15 MoM at 7.95 from 48 games - that is amazing reading in anyone's language. He was also the Club World Championship third best player and Champions League Golden Boot Runner Up, and had 1 English cap.

2026 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

League / Domestic Cups: For the 2nd season in a row I won all 38 league games, as well as every domestic cup game, to extend my league games won in a row to 108 and league games without losing to an amazing 344 games, or 9 seasons in a row!

2026 League Table

League Reputation: 13th (0) - between Scotland's Clydesdale Bank Premier League and German Cup

Club Coefficient: 3rd (-3) - between Real Madrid and Inter Milan

National Coefficient: 10th (-1) - between Holland and Austria

European Super Cup / Club World Championship

For the first time in it's history, Dunloy was starting the season with the European Super Cup, and was up against Europa League winners Inter Milan.

Whilst the game was fairly even, with Dunloy having 16 shots to 12, Inter made their shots count, with 6 on target, and 4 of those in the back of the net, to see Dunloy walk away with a disappointing 0-4 loss, the 2nd biggest loss in their history! Disappointing result, but I'm only really concerned with the Champions League title at this stage.

2026 Euro Super Cup Final

The Club World Championship was also a first for Dunloy, and I was drawn against US side LA Galaxy in the semi, which I comfortably won 3-1. In the final I was drawn against another US side (odd?) in New York, and that was also won comfortably by Dunloy, 4-0, making Dunloy the Champions of the World!

2026 Club World Championship Final

Europe: The group stage this season saw me up against Liverpool, Valencia and Wisla - not an easy group, but for the defending champions it shouldn't be a problem, and it wasn't. My first game, away against Liverpool, was actually a 1-1 draw, but I then won all my other group games, the highlight being a stunning 7-0 home win against Wisla!

2026 Group Stage

CL 1st Knockout Round v Barcelona: The knockout round started with one of the biggest sides in the world in Barcelona, where I got a somewhat lucky 1-0 away win, and a tight 1-1 home win, to get me through to the semi's due to a little bit of luck.

CL Quarter Final v Atletico Madrid: The Quarter Final was quite the opposite, with Dunloy dominating the home leg but only leaving with a 1-1 draw. However, the away leg went more to plan, and Dunloy walked away with a deserved 2-0 away win, and went through 3-1 on aggregate

CL Semi Final v Liverpool: Up against Liverpool again, after meeting them in the Group Stage, the home leg was a tight 1-1 draw, and the away leg started very badly, with Dunloy right back Hanson being sent off in the 38th minute, however we still managed to secure a 2-1 away win, despite Liverpool having 15 shots to 10, and 6 on target to 2 - once again, a little bit of luck got me through, and Dunloy were in their 3rd CL final in the past 4 seasons

CL Final v Arsenal: I was going to post a shot by shot update as I have the last few CL finals... but I can't be bothered. In the Champions League final against number 1 seed Arsenal, Dunloy was never really in the match, and whilst Dunloy had 9 shots to 13, they only had 1 on target to Arsenal's 6, and, deservedly, Arsenal won 1-0 due to a 51 minute strike by their central midfielder.

2026 Champions League Final

2026 Champions League Match Stats

2026 Champions League Player Ratings

Finances / Facilities

Despite making it all the way to the CL final, and making a $5M profit in the transfer marker, I still made a $10M loss, to bring the total bank balance to $26M... it's a good this is my last season, otherwise I think my $1.4M a week wage bill would eventually drive this club to bankruptcy (despite the wage budget being $1.7M a week) - it's certainly a long way from the $5k / week I initially had as my wage budget when I first started!

2026 Finances

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Top (another downgrade this season)

Youth Facilities: State of the Art

Youth Recruitment: Basic (upgraded this season)

New Club Records

Most Games Without Losing: 88 - 23/3/2024 to 26/8/2025

Top Goalscorer: Charlie Ince - 46

Top League Goalscorer: Charlie Ince - 29

Highest Average Rating: Charlie Ince - 7.95 (48 apps)

Most Man of Match: Charlie Ince - 15

Well, that was it, my last season in charge of Dunloy, and whilst I have been unable to defend my Champions League title, going down 0-1 to Arsenal in the final, it was a good run, and a great 15 seasons in charge of the club, a reign which has seen Dunloy climb to 3rd in the European coefficients (yet they still have 5 parent clubs!).

Thanks everyone for reading my story and providing feedback, thanks BWG for showing it could be done in the first place!

There was one post somewhere in here that stated managing in the UK / Ireland is easier than the rest of Europe, despite the lower reputation, due to the fact you can pick up English players easier, so I am tempted to try managing somewhere in Eastern Europe - Bulgaria maybe... but we'll see how I feel after I retire from Dunloy.

There was one post somewhere in here that stated managing in the UK / Ireland is easier than the rest of Europe, despite the lower reputation, due to the fact you can pick up English players easier, so I am tempted to try managing somewhere in Eastern Europe - Bulgaria maybe... but we'll see how I feel after I retire from Dunloy.

On the other hand in the UK you probably have more problems signing foreigners because of work permits...

On the other hand in the UK you probably have more problems signing foreigners because of work permits...

Doesn't seem to be too much of a problem since they appear not to want to sign for welsh and irish teams anyway ;)

Doesn't seem to be too much of a problem since they appear not to want to sign for welsh and irish teams anyway ;)

Exactly what I was going to say... It's hard enough to convince someone from Western Europe to make the short trip to Wales / Northern Ireland, let alone someone from outside of Europe!

In my 15 seasons I only found a couple non-EU players I wanted who were actually interested in signing for me (towards the end of my career when I was a CL regular) - and thankfully they both were eligable for a work permit.

Exactly what I was going to say... It's hard enough to convince someone from Western Europe to make the short trip to Wales / Northern Ireland, let alone someone from outside of Europe!

In my 15 seasons I only found a couple non-EU players I wanted who were actually interested in signing for me (towards the end of my career when I was a CL regular) - and thankfully they both were eligable for a work permit.

Playing in Hungary for 13 years so far, i still can't get any french, dutch, german and british players to sign for me and only a few spanish ones. I have however signed quite a few south americans (it would have been more if had enough money) and several teams of africans.

Budafok 2021/22 Hungarian Division 1

Table

Positions

The league proved to be quite easy this year and i was annoyed to actually lose a few games, my defence was extremely strong, l also scored a record number of goals. With the league mostly wrapped up i concentrated on the hungarian cup winning it for the first time in 4 years by beating Fehervar 2-0 in the final. I had been beaten by Fehervar in the semi-final of the league cup.

I the CL i won 6-0 on agg against Dinamo Tirana and 10-1 on agg against Distillary before facing H Tel-Aviv in the champions playoff, unfortunately i got hammered 4-3 at home and then 3-0 away. This meant i went into the Euro cup groups, in an easy group i was very disappointing with my defence particualy poor and finished 3rd.

Squad

Transfers

My squad is pretty strong at the moment although i sold 2 first teamers as their contract demands were too much. Markovic (232 app 32 goals) had already lost his first team spot to Lebedev who really scored a lot from midfield, most from the penalty spot. Irogoyen (76 apps 17 goals) was a backup player. Mariqui was signed for a club record amount a year ago although he didn't quite fire like i hoped after coming in jan. Arkhipov was again the main star scoring a record number of goals.

A new board came in dec from within, no new money was made available.

My finances are reasonable still and after a year of planning the board announced an upgrade to the training facilities which would be the first if completed.

I also received this message which was unexpected, not much of increase on the current 4100 though.

Season            League             Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                     -                     -                      League Winners
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                 1st Stage                 -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winners                Semi-final         2nd QRd   Euro cup            European Qualification, HC Winner
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winners                Semi-final         3rd QRd   Euro cup            League winnner, HC Winner
2018/19        First Division         1st                Semi final             Quarter-final      3rd QRd   CL                  League winner
                                                                                                  4th QRd   Euro cup
2019/20        First Division         3rd                4th Rd                 Semi-final         Cl Group stages               None
2020/21        First Division         1st                4th Rd                 Winners            Euro Cup 1st KO Rd            League winnner, LC Winner
2021/22        First Division         1st                Winner                 semi-final         4th QRd   CL                  League winner, HC Winner
                                                                                                  Group Stage   Euro cup                                                                                                 

League Ranking (standard) - Club coefficient/League Coefficient

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

19/20 - 68 (2*) - 381 /27

20/21 - 50 (2.5*) - 211/27

21/22 - 57 (2*) -125/22

22/23 - 44 (2.5*) -113/20

Mostly thanks to my efforts the league standard and coefficient rose, none of the other hungarian clubs are getting very far in europe although 2 lost to spanish and italian oppositon in the 4th QR of the euro cup.

Its a mystery to me why Debrecen are not doing much better since they have at the end of the season moved from their 15000 stadium which they were filling to a new 21000 all seater. They have good facilities and have managed to spend 32 million and get back 53 million, they have also made the 4th QRd of the CL and the euro cup groups a few times.

Tokol - 2011-2012 , Hungarian Second division East

Info: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/info.jpg

Finished: 1st http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/league2012.jpg

Graph: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/Graph.jpg

stats: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/facts.jpg

Squad: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/squad2012.jpg

Info:

Stats: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/stats.jpg

Cup: 2nd Round

Transfers: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/transfers.jpg

Review:

- Slow start, due to signing a whole new team on free's, and them taking ages to gel.

- Tight finish as the title went down to the last game of the season, in which I was 20 minues from finishing second

- My wages are high, but i'll get an increase on promotion

- My defence was solid, the keeper I inherited turned out to be the most solid

- Goals were hard to come by, most games having 1 or 2 goals max, but we did go wild with a 5-0

Aims:

- To stay up in the premier division!

Alurny - Well done on winning the division in your first year - i took 4 years to get out of the league.

You shouldn't have to worry about the premier division - there is very little difference between it and the first division, i finished 3rd in my first year up.

After being relegated so many times i've decided try this with KIL-Hemne Fotball

Manager Profile 1

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/grundo%20challenge%202/DavidClarkProfile_Attributes.png

Manager profile 2

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/grundo%20challenge%202/DavidClarkProfile_Personal.png

We have a media prediction of 13th which makes me think that i've got no chance ha

I have told the board that we can avoid relegation bit optimistic i know but am ambitious so here are the players of KIL-Hemne Fotball http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/ace25/grundo%20challenge%202/KIL-HemneFotballKIL-Hemne_Players.png

Marky Mark - did you find the standard of Northern Irish players and the Northern Irish team improved thanks to the league getting better?

Sadly, the standard of Norther Irish players never noticeable improved. Despite having state of the art youth facilities, all of my youth products have been rubbish, and below is the winner of the N. Irish Player of the Year (ie best N. Irish player in the world):

Jonny Gorman: Whilst he is a handy player, he wouldn't make my Dunloy starting XI (and would be lucky to make the senior squad) - the fact that he is the best N. Irish player says a lot about the quality of their players.

The standard of the Northern Irish teams have improved however, and that is because they are now full of English players - there are a total of 5 Northern Irish players in the top 6 Premier Division clubs, and the bottom 6 clubs only have an average of 2-3 Northern Irish players each.

On a side note, I have decided that I won't have truly completed this challenge until I win the Champions team without a UK side full of Englishmen, so I will be re-commencing this with Bulgarian side Sportist (General Toshevo), who have no money, no facilities, no staff, and play at 'unknown stadium' - should be interesting!

Marky Mark - to be fair i think anyone doing well in this challenge is probably not doing so with homegrown players except maybe in holland. I'm beginning to dominate in hungary and i only have 1 hungarian player in my squad and he is the weakest player. I only have adequate youth so am not producing any decent players, quite a few teams have good youth so they get better players.

for comparison here are the best 2 players in the hungary squad - Palinko, Peto. Palinko can still improve according to my scouts.

150px-Sportist_Gen_Toshevo.png

Sportist (General Toshevo) 2011/12 Season Update - Bulgarian "B" Group - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - "B" Group - 14th

38 Pld, 13 Won, 6 Drn, 19 Lst, 52 For, 65 Ag, -13 GD, 45 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

My first season in Bulgaria in charge of Sportist GT started ok... not fantastic, but my the mid way point of the season I was in 9th place, and not too far away from 3rd place and instant promotion. With all of the players having come together at the start of the season, I was confident of a better 2nd half once the team had gelled, but instead the opposite happened, and the team went on a 9 game winless streak, and struggled for the rest of the season, finishing their first season in 14th, a comfortable 13 points from 17th place and relegation, but still a disappointing season, especially given I had blown the wage budget in the hope of instant promotion, and would not be unlikely to be able to sign any new players next season.

2012 League Table and Graph

In the Bulgarian Cup I only lasted one game, losing 0-4 to a non-league side!

League Reputation: 30th (-15)

Club Coefficient: 333rd (N/A)

National Coefficient: 28th

2012 Transfers

The first thing I did was move my entire first team (all amateurs) into the reserves, and bringing in 19 players on free transfers, most being over 24 year olds from amateur Bulgarian clubs. Whilst I tried to be careful with the money I was offering these players, with the most being $500 / week, I still completely overshot the tiny wage budget, and due to this the board would not let me sign any more players, so I filled up the squad with loan players.

Unfortunately, most failed to perform to a great level, however there was one player who stood out, that was 31 year old striker Dimitar Damyanov

Dimitar Damyanov: Whilst he doesn't have a single stat over 13, he does have a few in double figures, which for this level of competition is an achievement, and he performed solidly in his first season, with 10 goals, 6 assists and 4 MoM at 7.2 from 27 games... let's hope he's got another decent season in him before he goes into decline.

2012 Seasonal (and Overall) Best XI

Finances / Facilities

Due to my wage total being $2k / week over the budget, I quickly put the club into debt, and racked up a $357k loss for the season, ending with a debt of around $300k - I really need to earn promotion soon before this debt spirals out of control!

Also, it seems I can't rely on my 'encouraging season ticket sales' of 2 season tickets for revenue!

2012 Finances

Corporate Facilities: None

Training Facilities: Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Youth Recruitment: Limited

One interesting thing is that the club is apparently playing at 'unknown' stadium, with an unknown capacity, and, despite me not being able to make any stadium requests, I received a message telling me my planned stadium move had to be scrapped as the local council refused to grant permission? Huh?? Still, my highest attendance of 706 this season is more that the capacity of my old Dunloy stadium in Northern Ireland, so I can't complain... maybe this means I have unlimited capacity?

So, poor first season, let's see if the 2nd season will be any better!

Tokol - Hungarian First Division - 2012-2013

Info: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/info2013-1.jpg

Predicted: 15th

Finished: *12th

Table: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/league2013-1.jpg

Graph: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/graph2013-1.jpg

Transfers: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/transfers2013.jpg

Squad: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/sqd2013.jpg

stats: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/stats2013.jpg

Cups:

2nd Round

League Stage

Review:

- I struggled for goals, luckily Prince Rajcomar started banging them in towards the end of the season

- I floated around the drop zone all season, until I changed my tactic to a counter style 4-4-2, which seemed to improve my play

- My squad took ages to gel again, as I signed a whole new team again (pretty much)

- I didn't bother with the cups

- The big teams humped me

- The big earners I signed on free's need to go, a couple want to move to bigger clubs already so will be sold

- I keep getting offered african players, and I will take advantage of that!

_ *I turned professional

- I can scout the whole of europe

Aims:

- Improve my league position

- Build on my squad

- Get rid of the old, highly paid, want aways

- Sign some youngsters, and build for the future

Tokol - Hungarian First Division - 2012-2013

- I keep getting offered african players, and I will take advantage of that!

- I can scout the whole of europe

African players are the way to go in Hungary, i would also concentrate on eastern europe since almost no player west of hungary will join you (scouting uk is a particular waste of time), just keep an eye on scandinavia for when those players will sign for you.

Archived