Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

I thinks it depends on how ambitious your boardroom is, mine are very ambitious...they give me what I want :p My 1st facility upgrades were around my 4th season in the champions leauge. Also with me being an Icon for Bridgend I can use the fans are behind me option when they reject my 1st request :p

If it makes you feel better, Afan lido won't be going down anytime soon...they're in 4th after 20 games and are 1 of 2 AI teams on the verge of being worth £1 million (the other being Barry Town). Afan Lido are currently 3rd with being worth £825k with Barry in 2nd with £925k.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second leg was Afan Lido 1-1 Metalist, so we lost on aggregate.

Neath failed to make the group stages this season, but Aberystwth have made it to the 4th qualifying round of the Euro Cup. Its no wonder I'm not dominating the league when the AI seems stronger in my game than yours.

How many season ticket sales are you guys getting. I'm still only selling 29. And I seem to be on 6 year sponsorhip deals for peanuts.

More season tickets then me...I've had 24 seasons tickets sold since I started!!! My sponsorship deals all have been 3 year periods, the current one is worth 56k per year which ends this season, TNS top the sponsorship with 150k per year

Oxslow - Northern Ireland - Desertmartin - Season 1

Season Review

I really struggled this year to start with by only picking up 8 point from my 1st 15 games. I did improve in the 2nd half of the season by winning 10 of my 15 games. I went out of all of the cups at the earliest opportunity.

Squad

Star Player

League Table

Career Overview

Season     League Finish        Achievements
--------------------------------------------
2011/12    12th 2nd Division    None

Next Season

I want to just try and start the season how I finished the last. I have lost 25% of my wage budget so I might not be signing anyone which should help with the squad gelling. I might have to replace the 2 players that retired though.

Hello all - not yet up for this challenge (I've been out of the FM game for a couple of years, am easing myself back into it with a big club for now...) but just wanted to say I love this thread and best of luck to the lot of you. Also:

EDIT: I think I've been screwed out the champs league as Me and Sevilla finished on 10 points....the rules say its sorted on head to head,Goal Difference, Goal Scored then coefficient. Our head to head was Sevilla 1-2 Bridgend and Bridgend 0-1 Sevilla, I had higher goal difference and goal scored then them in group and if its club coefficient then I'm ranked higher the Sevilla.

I haven't got my copy of the game with me to check, but I think that (a) you were definitely screwed and (b) the Rules don't match up with the UEFA Regs (pdf here. Regulation 7.06 deals with this:

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):

a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;

b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;

c) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;

d) superior goal difference from all group matches played;

e) higher number of goals scored;

f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons (see paragraph 9.02).

I've bolded ©, because I think that's where the tie is broken - you scored two away goals in the head-to-head, they scored one. You've also said that you win on criteria (d)-(f) as well, so you've really been mugged - but I wonder if there's a wider point to make about the rules that SI is using for the CL not being right?

Do you remember how long it took you to get an improvement on youngsters facilities? I have been asking for three years straight and nothing; I have around £600k in the bank.

I'm just getting youth facilities upgraded and youth academy built for Santa Claus after my Europa league run which gave me around £1M. Theres a cool new thing that shows you the progress on their construction, looks like it takes about 3 months to do the facilities and a year to build the academy.

15 of 27 league games played and currently sitting on top. 1 point ahead of number 2, and 7 points clear of 3rd place. Only the top team wins promotion, so I will have to keep my cool if I want to go to the Premier League

For those enquiring about facility upgrades i have been very unlucky, it took me until i had 4m in the bank before they would even consider it. so i got my youth done now i have 3.1m and they wont even consider the training facilities

nice work Mr_Demus keep it up

R Sprimont Comblain Sport 2011/2012 review

League

It was a terrible season for the most part, in which we amazingly finished Ninth. For most of the season we were near the bottom of the table though, but a radical change in tactics, and the squad finally gelling meant we moved up quite a bit in the last few games.

Cup

Cups suck. I managed to get to the 6th round, beating 2nd division Brussels on the way, but lost out to pro league side Charleroi, away unfortunately, I could use the money.

Players

I've virtually replaced my entire squad.None of them performer really noteworthy. Former AC Milan man Aliyu Datti was top scorer with 8 goals. I signed this bad boy in december, he managed to pick up two red cards and 5 yellows throughout the season. He also claims I'm not disciplining players enough, so I gave him a 2 week when he got his red cards, which obviously angered him. I'll try to keep him though, I like him. :thup:

Next season

I'll aim for a playoff place. If I can keep up my form from the end of this season, and have a gelled team from the beginning, it shouldn't be a problem. :thup:

Hi, new to lower league management but I am intrigued to try with this years game due to the dynamic reputation. Struggled to decide between Israel and Ukraine but ended up choosing Ukraine and found myself managing the impossibly named Stal Dniprodzeryns'k. They are a reasonable team and the goalie is by far my best player and gives me a foundation to build on. I have basic facilities and have a youth academy, which is nice. Had a couple of coaches already but have signed some more and a couple of scouts. The board were nice enough to give me £10k transfer budget and £14.25k in wages per week - I am at £3k per week at the min so thats a nice cushion to have. Media predicts me to finish 14th out of 18th but I feel we can get we can get top 8 with the players I've got.

I'll update with screenshots at the end of season, and am looking forward to what should be a challenging game (Y)

Thanks for the information [c], but I'm in a better mood now anyway...Bridgend have made the Euro Cup Final!!.

Nice win Twellman...wish your Bridgend matched the quality of the Afan Lido on my save

Brambleten-Unlucky, Litex was a nasty draw to get!!

Good luck for the new season Cseedorf

Welcome to the challenge Dodji

Its only the Euro Cup....to complete the challenge, you have to win the champions league!!! Although it is the 1st time I have won the Euro Cup on any version of FM!

For the love of God....why can't I be given a simpler group then what I normally get. This time I've been drawn against Man Utd, Sevilla and Rapid Wien. Anyone fancy a Euro Cup winners medal :p

The above is what I said last night.....I must have saw the future :p

Well, I've scouted everything but Wales and not a single player shows up. I guess cause I'm still a semi-pro team. Mmmmkay.

Also, it's been like 6 months with the takeover and without signings. What the hell, people. What the hell.

Oops, just happened. No extra money :(

They just said the manager of Bridgend was in the stands watching our game...where you there? :D

OK, what the hell. The Welsh league, after getting through one round of the CL this year, went down 200 something places and it is not 689th...WHAT???

I mean how can it possibly be worse than all these leagues and lower divisions which dont even play in Europe? Somebody please explain how this works :(

Welsh Premiership - 2014/15

Transfers we had to pick up some more Brits; it is really annoying how you see all teams picking young Brits to strengthen their squads; and those players happen to become the best ones throughout the season; since we are not a pro team and we do not have the facilities, we have to do the same. So we sent out the scouts and brought the few they reported back.

- The league was tough, very tough. I am starting to see how the teams are getting stronger (even though the league is now 600 and something, WTF). Haverdfordwest hammered us, winning the league three games before the end, even though they did not break our 70 point record. The key game was our match home against them. They beat us 0-2, they beat us well, and that was the difference. We went through a major bump mid season, and ended up paying for it.

- We did qualify for Europa League, which for me, is a lot better to get through some rounds than the CL. We'll see.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- After beating Aberystwyth 0-1 away, we lost to Llanelli home on penalties, after the final 1-1 score, in the quarterfinals.

Welsh Cup

- We continue our curse in this tournament. Out on our first game, 3rd round, losing to Airbus UK 1-0 away, with a player sent off after 20 minutes. Great.

Champions League

- Feroe Islands'Streymur was the rival in the very first round of the CL, which was the one we were in. An aggregate of 8-1 had us enjoy a great leg and go through next round.

- In the following round, Swedish Malmo was the end of the road. We lost 0-2 away and 2-3 home, and were kicked out. We did put up a fight, though. And they are one of Sweden's great clubs.

In other news

Stats

- Our best striker was Lee Barnard, 30 year old ex-Southampton and Tottenham, who scored 17 times, beating the record for most goals in one season. Great signing.

- Ashley Jones keeps growing and, at the same time than being a great midfield defender, he was our best assistant, with 10 of them.

- Our best overall player was Jimmy Lewis, a seemingly mediocre left wing who completely dominated his side of the field.

- We regularty have 7-8 players being called for the U-19 and U-21 Welsh teams. The next goal is to have someone called for the national team. Has this happened to any of you guys?

- Season passes - 33, same than last year.

- Attendance - 101 in average, 10 less in our first year in the Champions League...OK!

- Club's value - £550k - £200k more than last year.

- Match/Season ticket - £5.00/£50 - £-.80/0 than last year. I guess they keep going down in price...

- The league is...689th, down from 363th. I just don't get it.

2011/12 - Welsh Premiership - 9th 39p - 4th round Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Champions!

2012/13 - Welsh Premiership - 6th 44p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!?!

2013/14 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 70p - Semis Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!

2014/15 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 61p - 3rd Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup

Edit: We are officially in the European Club Ranks! 464th after going up over 100 places!

OK, that was fast. Out on first Euro round.

1st leg:

Fredrikstad (NOR) 10(7) shots

Afan 15(9) shots

Score: 7-1

2nd leg

Afan 12(5) shots

Fredrikstad 12(5) shots

Score: 1-5

Overall:

Afan 2 - 27(11) shots

Fredrikstad 12 - 22(12) shots

This was way too much. They were all greyed out players, but they all had better attributes than us. Oh well.

I just don't know how you manage to win the Euro, BWG. My league keeps going down in rep.

Edit: Great. I don't have any physios because there are none unemployed in the game.

Thanks guys :thup:

Twellman - Unlucky with Haverfordwest being so good...ooopps looks like I was spotted :p As for the grey team situation, I think it could be like a few versions ago where the greys were near impossible to beat (FM 07/08??) I used to let in the range of 3-5 goals no matter how many I scored or on the flip side...your greyed out team is better then the greyed out Zenit St. Petersburg on mine!! Oh yeah, on mine save Afan have signed 1 player released from my academy...he looks like he can be a rubbish version of Rory Delap has he has a long throw attribute of 18!!

Grazer AK Season Review 2011/2012

We won the league, got promoted and next season is going to be tough. League standings

Leading scorer/Highest Av. Rating from his position as AMR: Phillip Seebacher

Our best non-austrian out of 4 (due to restrictions): Lukasz Jasinski

Our entire teams stats: Team

And finally the transfers for the season: Transfers

Goals for the off-season:

Get rid off deadwood players

Find a striker who can score goals

Strengthen squad for survival

Next season goals:

Survive!

Season      League                    Pos    Cup    Ch.L    EC    Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012   Austrian First Division   1st   2. Rnd.  N/A   N/A   Promoted

wahoo salthill have made the champions league group stages :) 6m in the bank making it look a healthy 9m.

also i rekon could have a team of brazilians, there are so many that are scouting at 4.5-5*. signed 3 or 4 paying between 250k-600k.

congrats B.W.G on the euro cup. any of the new youth products playing well?

the greyham - 3 of my current squad are in the 1st team all of whom have been capped by Wales (Saeed Al-Qarni,David Hughes,David Stewart) and have 2 more who are backup (Dafydd Jones and Jamie Edwards) and have been capped at U21 level!!

As for the foreign youth players, the Danish are amazing bar the striker who is 4th choice due to the Sengalese striker I signed last season who hit 9 in 23 averaging at 7.60. Looking at a Argentinian centre back who is better then my best, wether he is interested or not is another thing. Theres alot of brazilian but they all play in my strongest positions!!

Also I've noticed a decline in the English talent breaking through so I will be avoiding them for a while.

mine is 12000 (4320 seated). Bridgend start with 12000 but added the terracing of 4320 after the 1st season

For the youth have you asked the board about the youth recruitment network as it might help in the long term to get youth through

Edit...I'll get the end of season report up in a bit!!!

You'd like to think so but then you play the number 1 predicted team at home. Play well but they sneak a win, devastating. Then you play number 2 away, they hammer you and you get a red card/injury to an important player or two. Then you play a relegation candidate and your team has completely forgotten how to play football, thinking the name of the game is kicking the ball as far away as possible (if they make contact with the ball, of course).

What? I'm not bitter at all...

You'd like to think so but then you play the number 1 predicted team at home. Play well but they sneak a win, devastating. Then you play number 2 away, they hammer you and you get a red card/injury to an important player or two. Then you play a relegation candidate and your team has completely forgotten how to play football, thinking the name of the game is kicking the ball as far away as possible (if they make contact with the ball, of course).

What? I'm not bitter at all...

Haha...sounds like a tough season :D

Every point is extremely important, so 6 points from 2 games is way more than i could have expected

IFK Malmo FK - season 2

Logo.jpg

Malmo tests my patience. They are useless. I have no money. Transfer embargo for a duration of the season. etc...

My aim was to improve on 3rd bottom and that i did.

I managed to finish a creditable 5th and as a result I firmly believe next season we can challenge for the one promotion spot.

We finished 5th largely due to my new goal machine and he is tied in for another year. If i can get a partner for him then I should walk it. My squad is listed and as you can see they have been fair to average over the season.

Finances continue to be an issue and in all likelihood will be ongoing until I can move up a couple of divisions

Season      League                                             Pos       Cup      Champs Lg      Euro Cup      Achievements
2010/11     Second Division South Gotaland                     11th      N/A       N/A              N/A             N/A
2011/12     Second Division South Gotaland                      5th      N/A       N/A              N/A             N/A

Archived