Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

SpartakMyjava.jpg?t=1292959973

Spartak Myvala – Slovak Second Division – 2012/13

New Manager Profile

As mentioned in my previous update, I released some of the older players, and brought in some younger replacements. With the pick of the bunch being 28 year old winger Milan Bezak, 27 year old striker Tomas Bartos, Martin Nadansky, a 26 year old central midfielder, Martin Kosut, a right midfielder still only 19, and Miroslav Harsanyi an out and out striker of the same age. I wasn’t sure how much of the new season some of these would play, especially the younger ones, but I am sure they will all play a vital part.

After only just avoiding the drop last season, the aim was to show progression by moving up the table away from any danger. Sadly the media and board were right for the second season in a row, and another relegation battle ensued. Hopefully the faithful Myjava fans come back next season, as the season ticket sales remained the same as before for this difficult season.

As I mentioned above, the league was a struggle as we flittered between the relegation zone and one place above. Fortunately the two promoted teams of the year before were the victims of relegation this season with Spiszka Nova Ves surely securing a very unwelcomed league record by losing all 33 league matches. In fact it was against them that we recorded our own club record in a 6-0 victory in which new signing Martin Kosut scored his second hatrick of the season. Amazingly the first coming against the same team, in an excellent away 6-2 win. Sadly we couldn’t play them every week, and the other teams were far stronger, which is showed in the final standings.

Final League Table

Somewhere where we did make some progress on before was the Slovak FA Cup. Whereas before, Spartak Myjava had never progressed past the first round, it was the third round where we departed the competition this time around. It was no disgraceful exit either, as we battled through a tough 3-1 defeat against First Division outfit Presov. Not a great achievement I guess, but a small slither of progress.

The manager and board alike were very pleased that one of our newest signings Martin Kosut was voted as the Fans’ Player of the Season. The right winger scored two hatricks during the season, and is one of the few positives of a very difficult season.

[b]Season[/b]      [b]League[/b]               [b]Placing[/b]     [b]Slovak Cup[/b]
2011-2012   Slovak 2nd Division  10th        1st Round
2012-2013   Slovak 2nd Division  10th        3rd Round

Aim for next season

Really it would be to finish higher than 10th in our division. I am finding this a tough save, and hopefully something will click next season and get some momentum going throughout the club. Another ‘mini’ cup run would be nice as well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sirera's Afan Lido

Wales - 2027/28

Transfers - Brought in severa, players including the only decent goalkeeper i could find in the entire world...from a Welsh team, and overpaying. Oh well.

- Champions League

We went onto the group stages again, not without suffering, and were drawed with Metalist, Liverpool and Olympique Marselle. We did not have much chances to do anything in the group, but ended up getting three points out of France, beating Liverpool home, to then lose 2-4 to Metalist home and see our dreams to continue in Europe vanish. Group Stages.

League

- Won our sixth consecutive title with 6 games to spare. No news here, except that we beat the record (our own) of most goals, 91 to 94.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- Won the title with the reserve side.

Welsh Cup

- Lost on semis to Bridgend, an absolute shocker, so much that after they went on to win the title, its manager won manager of the year.

In other news

Stats

- We continue to not be able to improve as our best players want to leave since we're not good enough for top-flight football. If this goes on, we'll just stay where we are. We also have £18m in the bank but no stadium expansion yet.

- Season passes - 40, one more than last year.

- Attendance - 412 in average, 20 more than last year.

- Club's value - £13m - £2m more than last year.

- Sponsorship - £85k per year, same.

- Match/Season ticket - £10/£82 - Same as last year.

- The league was down 9 places, to 59.

- The club is up now 19 spots, to 69!

- The league is snow 23th, in coefficient. 15th is the first place that would mean an extra Euro spot.

- Aims for next season:

- Try to keep the better talent. Not gonna happen though.

2011/12 - Welsh Premiership - 9th 39p - 4th round Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Champions!

2012/13 - Welsh Premiership - 6th 44p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!?!

2013/14 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 70p - Semis Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!

2014/15 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 61p - 3rd Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup

2015/16 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 65p - Finalist Welsh Cup - Finalist Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year...yay.

2016/17 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 61p - 4th Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2017/18 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 65p - QF Welsh Cup - 1st round Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2018/19 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 68p - QF Welsh Cup - Final Loosemores Cup

2019/20 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 78p - Welsh Cup Winner! - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2020/21 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 82p - Welsh Cup finalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2021/22 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 62p - Welsh Cup semifinalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Euro group stages

2022/23 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 69p - Welsh Cup finalist - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro 4th round - Manager of the Year!

2023/24 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 62p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Group Stages

2024/25 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 73p - QF Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Winners! - Champions League Group Stages

2025/26 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 72p - Welsh Cup winners!- QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Cup group stages

2026/27 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 75p - Welsh Cup winners!- QF Loosemores Cup - CL group stages - Euro Cup round of 32

2027/28 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 79p - Welsh Cup semifinalists- Loosemores Cup Winners - CL group stages

dunloyfc-thumb-899461.png

Dunloy 2021/22 Season Update - Northern Irish First Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Second Division - 2nd, Promotion!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Winners of Intermediate, Steel & Sons Cup - Promotion!

2013/14 - Premier Division - 1st, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2014/15 - Premier Division - 3rd, 4th in CL Group Stage, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2015/16 - Premier Division - 1st, 4th in Europa League Group Stage, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co-An Shield

2016/17 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co. An Shield

2017/18 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2018/19 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st Knockout Round of CL, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2019/20 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, Europa League Runner up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2020/21 - Premier Division - 1st, 2nd in CL Group Stage, CL Qtr Final, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2021/22 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Qtr Final, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

38 Pld, 32 Won, 6 Drn, 0 Lst, 88 For, 16 Ag, +72 GD, 102 Pts

League / Domestic Cups: For the 5th season in a row I took out the league without losing a game, stretching my unbeaten league run to 192 games! I also took out all 4 domestic cups for the 2nd season in a row, despite rotating my side heavily to rest players for Europe.

2022 League Table

Despite the other Northern Irish losing all of their European matches, Dunloy still single handedly increased the League Reputation / National Coefficient

League Reputation: 32nd (-10) - between Denmark Superliga and Romanian First Division

Club Coefficient: 13th (-5) - between Liverpool and Roma

National Coefficient: 11th (-1) - between Scotland and Ukraine

Europe: For the first time, I started in the Champions League group stage, and was drawn against Man City, Fiorentina and FC Kobenhavn - not a bad group as far as CL groups go.

I started my campaigne very well, with a surprise 4-2 away win against Man City, and followed this up with a 2-2 home draw against Fiorentina, and two comfortable wins against FC Kobenhavn. I was then unlucky in a 2-2 home draw against Man City, and a lucky 1-0 away win against Fiorentina, which saw me secure top spot in the group for the first time in Dunloy's history, and into the knockout round for the third season in a row.

2022 Champions League Group Stage

CL 1st Knockout Round v Deportivo: 0-0(A), 3-1(H): The away leg was quite even, with both sides having good chances, but ended 0-0. The second leg at home was much more comfortable, and despite Deportivo getting the lead after 10 minutes they never looked like winning, and Dunloy goals in the 26th, 35th and 90th minute saw them come away with a deserved win.

CL Qtr Final v Olympique Lyonnais: 2-2(H), 0-2(A): The home leg against OL started badly, and after 63 minutes the French side were 2-0 up. However, then a red card to OL turned things around, and goals to Dunloy in the 68th and 79th saw Dunloy come away with a somewhat lucky draw. The away started in a similar fashion, and again on the 63rd minute OL were 2-0 up... however there was no red card or Dunloy fightback to follow, and that is how it ended, Dunloy getting knocked out 2-4 on aggregate. OL went on to reach the final and lose to Porto in extra time.

Team Summary / Star Players: I made an astonishing 21 signings this season, mostly young players on bosmans or who were released. However, of all the signings, it was 29 year old vetran Andrew Wisdom who was the pick of the new players:

Andrew Wisdom: Having been released from Middlesborough after having made 260 league apperances for Middlesborough, Burnley, Huddersfield and Liverpool, his signing was a coup for Dunloy, and whilst he demanded a staggering $33,000 per week (as well as a Match Highest Earner Clause), he had a great debut season, getting 5 goals, 3 assists and 5 MoM at 7.42 from 42 apperances - not bad for the oldest player in the squad! He also took out the Supporters Player of the Season

My pick of the youngsters, and Northern Irish Player of the Season, was midfielder Kevin Lee:

Kevin Lee: Playing his second season at Dunloy after a $8.25m move from Celtic, the Scottish midfielder has finally cemented his spot in the first XI, with 2 goals and 13 assists at 7.14 from 39 games, and whilst those stats aren't super impressive, his attributes have noticably improved from last season, and hopefully will continue to do so. Also took out the Northern Irish Young Player of the Season

2022 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Unfortunatly though, ever since installing the 11.2 patch, most of my senior squad refuses to sign a new contract, and due to this I have lost 8 first team players at the end of this season (of which 6 had played over 150 games). Sadly, of these 8 players, 3 of them were key players, and between them had played 592 games, scored 122 goals, and hold a lot of the Dunloy team records

Dunloy say goodbye to...

Rene Bisson: The English / French keeper joined Dunloy 5 seasons ago after being released by Man City as an 18 year old and imediatly made the 1st choice keeper spot his own. He went on to play a Dunloy record 154 league games (287 total games), and after a lot of interest from different clubs, decided to join Blackpool, where he is now worth $5.25M. Will be very hard to replace.

Moses Jagne: The English / Gambian striker joined Dunloy after being released by Tottenham 4 seasons ago, and his debut season at Dunloy as a 21 year old was one to remember, with Jagne breaking Dunloy records for Top Leaguscorer (26), Top Goalscorer (37), Most MoM (11) and highest average rating (7.48). He has since gone on to score a record breaking 66 league goals and 101 Dunloy goals in total. He has also managed 6 caps and 5 goals for Gambia after giving up on waiting for an English call-up. Being able to chose from many offers, he chose to move to Toulouse in France, and is now worth $9.5M! Thankfully I have several decent strikers to chose from, but none with the scoring record of Jagne.

Stephen Holland: The Englishman has been at Dunloy for 5 seasons after leaving Liverpool as a 19 year old, and for 4 of those seasons he was the Dunloy captain. Whilst he didn't win many awards (just one Supporters Player of the Season), it is interesting to note Dunloy has not lost a league game under Holland's leadership - hopefully it can continue in his abscence. He ends up with 21 goals from 159 games at 7.19 - not super stats, but he will be missed in the middle of the field. Decided to join Ipswich at the end of the season, and is now worth $5.25M

So, whilst it was another good season, I will need some more quality signings next season to replace the 8 players I have lost this season - interstingly, all of the players who's contracts expire next season also refuse to sign a new contract - not good!

Finances / Facilities

Another good European run, another tidy profit, this time $7.5M to bring my total balance to $52M

2022 Finances

Training Facilities: Good (downgraded during the season - I didn't know this was possible!)

Youth Faciliites: State of the Art + Academy

New Club Records

Average Attendance: 378

Most Games Without Losing: 68 - 10/4/2021 to 2/4/2022

Most League Apps for Club: Rene Bisson - 154

Most League Games for Club: Moses Jagne - 66

After finishing dafuge challenge with Colwyn Bay I return to the my favourite challenge as I can be a team in Wales :). Hopefully I can complete it this season(Without it blowing up my laptop ;) ) and make it my longest running save/final one on FM11.

After a reloading a few times and seeing the same teams come up I decided to go for Barry Town as they came up the least. Was tempted to go Afan Lido but felt it would take away some enjoyment having been them the last 2 years.

Hopefully I can help them return to be the best in Wales and take them further than before in Europe.

Well done to B.W.G and good luck to everyone who is doing the Challenge.

NK Olimpija Osijek - 1.HNL (Croatian Premier Division) - 2018/2019 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Pre-season

Not much was going on here. We bought a bunch of egyptians and that was it, basically. No major money injections like last year when we had got promoted.

What I was afraid from was actually a technicality. I had just installed patch 11.2.1 and was afraid my tactics would stop working. I play an highly offensive 4-4-2/4-2-4 which is a tad outdated for modern football and I'm frankly baffled that it works so well. If the match engine had improved, chances are it would start being outplayed by better formations.

The championship

Not the greatest of starts again. We got some wins but also some bad defeats and couldn't find much consistency. Struggling to better our board's minimum objective of 4th place, I decided to do some tactical changes, trying out a few wild formations with wing-backs and pairs of attacking midfielders. It got worse, we dropped to 6th and I went back to the 4-2-4.

And then the team got straightened out. We'd only lose a single league game after November. We climbed into a tight fight for 2nd place with Zagreb and Dinamo, which lasted for most of the later stages of the league. And then, just like last year, the leaders Hajduk slipped and we were suddenly in contention for the championship for the very final part.

Hajduk, Olimpija and Dinamo were all tied on 62 points coming into the final game - Hajduk however having a better direct confrontation record were with an advantage. They'd receive Rijeka at home, while I'd visit my old team Granicar away. And we scored early, by our young centre-back Dario Vulic. We spent the rest of the game trying to defend from Granicar's dangerous attacks and listening to the radio waiting for any Hajduk goal that would spoil the party. Nothing ever came out of either game - Hadjuk tied 0-0, we won 1-0, and were croatian champions!!!

Europe

The chance to participate in the Europa League was highly exciting, but we unfortunately got PSV Eindhoven as our first ever european opponents. They arrived to Croatia to beat us 2-0 in a game where we actually were the better team but got unlucky, then in Holland we scored just before the break and threatened to tie the leg for the rest of the match. The goal never came and we were kicked out of the competition, but with our honour intact.

Cup

Having always flopped in the domestic cup in the past, we set out to try do to something in this. And we did! Early opponents were fairly easy in theory, nevertheless we got a few scares but did manage to get past them. On the quarter final we beat local rivals Osijek, then on the semis we were paired against Croatia's top team, Dinamo Zagreb, and beat them too.

The final was against the 2nd division side Varazdin but would prove to be much tougher than expected. We first drawn away 2-2 then at home conceded a goal before half-time. Substitutes Torbic, Olivares and Kamel would settle it our way but only in extra-time. Anyway, a trophy is a trophy.

Info

League: CHAMPIONS (League Table) (Progress)

Europa League:

3rd qualy round - 0-2 (H) / 1-0 (A) vs PSV

Cup:

Preliminary round - 5-1 (A) vs Podravina

1st round - 4-2 (H) vs Inter Zapresic

2nd round - 3-2 (A) vs Jadran

1/4 final - 3-1 (H) / 1-1 (A) vs Osijek

1/2 final - 3-1 (A) / 1-2 (H) vs Dinamo

Final - 2-2 (A) / 3-1 ET (H) vs Varazdin

(Transfers)

(Squad and stats)

Best eleven

GK - Gérson Coimbra - More clean sheets but worse average rating than last year.

DR - Nikola Tkalcic - Again the undisputed owner of this position.

DL - Marcel Novko - I hired Papp and Ferreira which were very good left-backs but neither impressed and I stuck with Novko again.

DC - Vladica Vasic - A ridiculous goalscorer. At a point I decided I was exploiting the AI a little bit with my corner routine (aim far post, have a giant guy there) and started playing it mixed yet the ball would still go in.

DC - Dario Vulic - My new other giant goalscorer defender, amazing at the age of 19.

MC - Edgardo Garro - An extremely promising argentinian.

MC - Oumar Ettien - I think he's stalled his development but is still the best option for the place.

AMR - Nicolás Olivares - Better on the left as an inside forward, decent season anyway.

AML - Igor Acimovic - Has had better years, but I still trust him. 174 apps for the club, current record holder.

ST - Ante Gavrancic - This new signing was surprisingly the best attacking player this year. Lots of assists both upfront and as a winger.

ST - Dario Torbic - I'm having problems picking strikers again, this was our most reliable goalscorer.

Conclusions

The domestic part of the challenge is finished, now comes the hard part. I'm hoping for a little financial growth from the Champions League, as we're still only the 10th richest club in Croatia. Reaching the group stages would be a very big boost.

Also, I finally filled the 5000 seats of the stadium in the cup final, and came near to it in one or two other matches, but our fanbase is still not enough to expand it.

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe             Notes[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6226936&viewfull=1#post6226936]2014/15[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6243633&viewfull=1#post6243633]2015/16[/url]    2.HNL - 3rd      1st round    ---                Missed promotion by 1 point
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6276421&viewfull=1#post6276421]2016/17[/url]    2.HNL - 1st      1st round    ---                Promoted, 2.HNL champions
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6288934&viewfull=1#post6288934]2017/18[/url]    1.HNL - 2nd      ---          ---                Fought for the title, qualified for Europe
2018/19    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      EL 3rd Q rnd       Domestic double

I'm not sure what's more unrealistic, a northern irish side playing the Champions League final or it being held at the Jamor. That stadium has very big trouble handling the portuguese cup final in real life!

Congrats on reaching the final but I already know what happened after randomly reading a post of yours in the General Discussion forum. ;)

Dunloy 2022/23 Season Update - Northern Irish Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Winners of Intermediate, Steel & Sons Cup - Promotion!

2014/15 - Premier Division - 3rd, 4th in CL Group Stage, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2015/16 - Premier Division - 1st, 4th in Europa League Group Stage, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co-An Shield

2016/17 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co. An Shield

2017/18 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2018/19 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st Knockout Round of CL, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2019/20 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, Europa League Runner up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2020/21 - Premier Division - 1st, 2nd in CL Group Stage, CL Qtr Final, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2021/22 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Qtr Final, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2022/23 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Runner Up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

38 Pld, 33 Won, 5 Drn, 0 Lst, 97 For, 11 Ag, +86 GD, 104 Pts

League / Domestic Cups: Another season undefeated in the league and domestic cups - now brings my unbeaten league run to 230 and counting, plus the 3rd season in a row I have won all 4 domestic cups. I managed to set a record 104 points this season by only drawing 5 games out of 38 - will I be able to have a perfect 100% winning season next season?

2023 League Table

Once again the other Northern Irish teams fail to win a European game, however Dunloy still managed to increase the League Reputation / National Coefficient

League Reputation: 21st (-11) - between Denmark Superliga and Austrian Premier Division

Club Coefficient: 9th (-4) - between Man Utd and Benfica

National Coefficient: 11th (0) - between Scotland and Austria

Europe: Once again started in the group stage, and was drawn against Sevilla, OM and St Johnstone from Scotland (in their CL debut).

As per last year, I had very little problems in the group stage, and again ended the group stage undefeated and in first place with 5 wins (the highlight being a 5-1 away win against St Johnstone) and 1 draw (1-1 away against OM). It is quite promising to see how my team has developed from not being able to get past the CL group stage 5 seasons ago to now topping the group without too many problems.

2023 Champions League Group Stage

CL 1st Knockout Round v Sporting CP: 2-2(A), 2-1(H): The away leg started well, with Dunloy racing out to a 2-0 lead by the 35th minute... however a Dunloy red card shortly afterwards changed that, and Sporting managed to make their extra numbers count with goals on the 41st and 76th minute - thankfully I was able to not conceed any more goals and leave with a draw heading into the home leg.

The home leg started much like the away one, and again by the 35th minute I was 2-0 up. Sporting did manage to fight back and get one back on 54th minute, however it wasn't enough, and at the end of two very closley fought legs Dunloy got through 4-3 on aggregate.

CL Qtr Final v Inter: 0-2(A), 3-0(H): The away leg was very close, with Inter having 14 shots to my 12, and possession around 50-50. However, a small lapse in concentration saw them score in the 30th and 31st minute, and to top it off, Dunloy were then awarded a penalty in the 44th minute which they missed! So, despite a close game, I leave with a 0-2 away leg and a lot of work to do at home if I am to progress.

The home leg was again quite even, and in the 36th minute midfielder Ricky Jones managed to score a screamer from the edge of the area to give me hope, but I still needed to find at least one more. As time was ticking away I threw men forwards in desperation, and then in the 86th minute substitute striker Josh Hunt scores to tie the game 2-2 on aggregate! That's how it stayed at 90 minutes, and was also how it was after 120 minutes... however in the 122nd minute (ie 2nd minute of injury time), rose above the pack and managed to score from a corner to make history and send Dunloy through to the Semi-Finals! Amazing finish to the match!

CL Semi Final v Chelsea: 2-2(A), 0-0(H): The away leg started great, with Dunloy converting from a contreversial penalty in the 6th minute, however Chelsea struck back on the 14th and 38th minute to give them the lead. This remained for most of the match, until Chelsea had a player sent off on the edge of the area for a second yellow, and captain Andre Wisdom managed to fire in a great shot from the free kick to tie things up again. Chelsea then had a 2nd player sent off in the 89th minute, and whilst I didn't have time to take advantage of my 2 man advantage, it did mean two Chelsea players who couldn't play in the home leg!

The home leg was a much tighter affair, with neither side having many shots on target. Whilst Chelsea managed 6 on target to Dunloy's 3, both keepers had great games and neither side was able to score, so the final score was 0-0, and much to my delight, that resulted in a 2-2 aggregate score from the away leg and Dunloy going through on away goals! Suddenly, Dunloy were only one game away from finally completing this challenge

CL Final v Real Madrid: Of all the sides I didn't want to face in the final, it was Real Madrid, who went undefeated in their group and then smashed CSKA Moscow (2-0), Roma (6-1) and FC Bayern (5-1) on their way ot the final - but I guess to be the best I have to beat the best!

I will be posting a seperate blow by blow update of the final...

Team Summary / Star Players: I brought in 11 players this season, again most on a free but $14.25M on a 20 year old goalkeeper from Liverpool. $9M on a 19 year old midfielder from West Brom, and $5.5M on a stunning 17 year old defender from Rangers to replace those players who left the club last season (couldn't find a decent replacement striker, so I'll have to do with my existing strikers). Unfortunatly, I also have 5 more players refusing to renew their contract and move onto other clubs at the end of this season, so I will again have to look to replace them next season - it is fair to say everyone I sign now is on a 5 year contract, as I can almost guarentee they will refuse to renew their contract when it expires.

The best Dunloy player this season and Supports Player of the Year, as he was last year, was the oldest player in the squad, 30 year old centre back Andre Wisdom.

Andre Wisdom: After a great season last year, he managed to lift his performances even further this season. Despite his many low attributes, every key defensive attribute is impressive (at this level at least), and he again was the best performing Dunloy player, scoring 8 goals, 1 assist and 6 MoM at 7.43 from 45 games. Unfortunatly, when I picked him up on a free I only signed him on to a 2 year contract, so he has decided to join Sunderland at the end of this season, but hopefully he has one more big performance left in him!

The best Dunloy youngster this season, and winner of N. Irish Premier Division Young Player of the Year, was 20 year old central midfielder Tim Edwards

Tim Edwards: Purchased from West Brom for $9M at the start of the season as a replacement for my main central midfielder who left the club last season, and like Andre Wisdom, whilst he has some quite low attributes, the key attributes I look at are all quite decent at this level, and given he's contracted for another 4 years I'm hoping he can improve to his performances. Managed an impressive 13 goals, 11 assists and 4 MoM at 7.26 from 43 games in his debut season, and of course has one game to go.

2023 Squad

Finances / Facilities

Despite spending $29M on transfers, and $515k / week on salaries, I only made a loss of $1M, and still have around $50M in the bank.

2023 Finances

New Club Records

Average Attendnace: 446

Most Games Won in Row: 23 - 26/10/2022 to 14/1/2023

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: $14,250,000 (Jason Stamp from Liverpool - 1/7/2022)

Total Transfer Spending: $29,500,000

Ok, that is season 2023 wrapped up, all that is left is the is the Champions League Final...

Sirera's Afan Lido

Wales - 2028/29

Transfers - A pretty eventful summer. Stuart Redmond came on a free after last year's loan to strengthen the midfield. And Adam Warner re-joined us for a second spell, in which he did not get much playtime either. Martin Bednar, a creative midfielder from the Czech Republic, would prove a good asset, and so would Bouali and Juhasz on the wings. Chris Killen would join us late in the year, and De Santis arrived on a loan from Argentina as a promising midfielder, but got injured twice and was sent back within a month.

- Champions League

- Went past Vilaznia, Rijeka and Slavia Sofia in the previous stages to go onto the group stage, where we were drawed with Real Madrid (historic champions with now 16 trophies), last year's Euro semifinalist Werder Bremen, and Fehervar, who on paper were the worst team in the group (we are now in the third group of teams on the group stage drawings)

- The group started with a 6-0 trashing by Los Blancos in Madrid, in a game where we just did not stand a chance. We turned it around with an amazing win at Port Talbot against Werder 1-0, Martin Bednar providing the goal. We added to the party with a 0-4 trashing of Fehervar in Hungary, but the happiness did not stick around, since we lost 1-2 home to the same team (with 10 man from minute 5, stupid Warner), against Real Madrid at home 0-3, and in Germany 6-2, in an amazingly entertaining game.

Group Stages

We still managed to finish third, which meant we were going onto the final rounds of the Euro cup. Mighty Sampdoria awaited in the round of 32, a team with lots of talent but which had not been doing well in Europe at all. We managed to stay alive, by beating them 2-1 home and losing 3-2 in Italy.

In the round of 16, we were sent to Italy yet again, this time to play Palermo. We beat the Italians 3-2 home with a 92' screamer by Spaniard Gallego, but could not hold them away, as they trashed us 5-2 in the second leg. They would go on to reach the semifinals of the tournament, so that made us feel like we had done our best.

League

- We trailed a bit at the beginning, while the European games were more of our concern, but as soon as we were focused in the league again, we had it in the bag. We win our seventh straight title, and our 11th in the past 12 years.

Chris Killen, who arrived 10 games later than the beginning of the tournament, managed to finish top scorer, with 19 goals. Nikolaou ended third, with 15. Everitt earned the max assists award, with 13. O'Donnell and Gallego, the right and left backs, finished as best defenders in the league. Harris (CB) and Killen also finished the league as the best rated players in terms of match ratings.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- No worries all the way to the final, where we trashed Lanelli 5-0, with a hat-trick by Nikolaou. 9th title in our offices.

Welsh Cup

- We won it deservedly, not conceeding a goal all the way to the final, where once again we beat Lanelli by 2-0, to lift the fourth Welsh Cup ever.

In other news

Stats 1 2

- Chris Killen literally Killed it. He arrived in October and 29 goals in 31 games in all competitions. At 24 years old, the ex-Arsenal is looking like our next Angeli. Everitt also looks like he could be world class in the right for our side. At age 18, he managed 8 goals and 22 assists for us this year. He was also in the Top 5 assistants in the Euro cup...even though we only played four games in that competition.

- Three other players also got to double digits: Collins with 18 in 30, even though he missed 6 weeks of competiiton; Nikolaou with 23 in 35, and Bednar, with 10 goals and 11 assists from the midfield.

- The overall European run was very decent, qualifying third in the group of who would be the champion (Real Madrid), and losing to Palermo, semifinalist in Euro Cup.

- We had ten players in the league's best eleven; Killen was named player of the year in Wales, for the fifth consecutive year an Afan Ludo player. Everitt got young player of the year for his second consecutive year. Even though we won all three titles this year, the manager of the year went to the manager of Camarthen Town...who finished sixth in the league.

- We have now a very...well, present presence when it comes to international call-ups; Two first team international in Scotland, RB O'Donnell (who does not want to renew his contract) and CB Wilson. the Brittish U-21 side called Everitt a couple of times, and so did the Check Republic U-21 with Martin Bednar.

- We now have £19m in the bank, but talking about a new stadium or even a stadium expansion is completely useless. We continue to have an attendance of 550 in every European game, which is a shame if you ask me. The board does not hesitate to take dividends every year, though. This year they took home £750k.

- Even though we continue to improve the youngsters and training facilities every year, we still have not seen a single decent player. We might not see anybody at all. Oh well.

- Two players are pretty much done after decades here: Marc Pratt left at the end of the year. The centerback, after 10 years here, wanted more games and at age 34, joined Neath Athletic on a free.

- Angeli is the other one who is done and over with, sadly. He has played here 15 years, but he ust does not have what it takes anymore to score them. We gave him 13 games last year to prove he still had it, but he failed to score. He is not transfer listed in the reserves team.

- Season passes - 41, one more than last year.

- Attendance - 419 in average, 7 more than last year.

- Club's value - £15.25 - £2.25m more than last year.

- The league was up 14 places. We are now a Top 50 league, in 44th place.

- The club was up another 15 spots to 54th place!

- The league is snow 16, in coefficient. I am so gutted that we did not make 15th place, since that one was the first league who has an extra CL spots. I would have loved to see what happened in terms of giving it to which team. I don't know if we'll be able to keep up the good European runs to see us past that 16th place for now.

- Aims for next season:

- To qualify for the next CL stage after the group stage.

2011/12 - Welsh Premiership - 9th 39p - 4th round Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Champions!

2012/13 - Welsh Premiership - 6th 44p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!?!

2013/14 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 70p - Semis Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!

2014/15 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 61p - 3rd Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup

2015/16 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 65p - Finalist Welsh Cup - Finalist Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year...yay.

2016/17 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 61p - 4th Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2017/18 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 65p - QF Welsh Cup - 1st round Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2018/19 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 68p - QF Welsh Cup - Final Loosemores Cup

2019/20 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 78p - Welsh Cup Winner! - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2020/21 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 82p - Welsh Cup finalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2021/22 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 62p - Welsh Cup semifinalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Euro group stages

2022/23 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 69p - Welsh Cup finalist - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro 4th round - Manager of the Year!

2023/24 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 62p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Group Stages

2024/25 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 73p - QF Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Winners! - Champions League Group Stages

2025/26 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 72p - Welsh Cup winners!- QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Cup group stages

2026/27 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 75p - Welsh Cup winners!- QF Loosemores Cup - CL group stages - Euro Cup round of 32

2027/28 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 79p - Welsh Cup semifinalists- Loosemores Cup Winners - CL group stages

2028/29 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 77p - Welsh Cup Winners! - Loosemores Cup Winners! - CL group stages - Euro round of 16

j.hillard's Afan Lido - Season 2016/17

afanlidobadge.jpg

League (League Table)

A fourth successive title was easy. Llanelli and Haverfordwest continue to dominate the rest. Nothing else to mention apart from Cambrian & Clydach getting only 6 points!

Europe (European Results)

Champions Cup qualifying was pretty edgy as we returned to the lucrative group stages. The results are in the screen shot. We got a rude welcome as we were stuffed 5-0 at Inter whilst reigning champs FC Bayern came to Wales and won 2-0. We drew 0-0 at Lyon before beating them 1-0 in Wales! Comfortable defeats against Inter and Bayern followed but 4 points was enough for 3rd so we went into the Euro Cup knockout stages again.

We were drawn against Olympiakos and a famous 2-1 away win was backed up by a 1-1 draw at home to send us through for the first time to the 2nd knockout round where we fell to Benfica 3-0 on aggregate, notably closer than when we played them in the Champions Cup group stage 2 years ago.

Domestic Cups

A first domestic treble was secured as we won both the Welsh Cup and Loosemoores League Cup. Both finals were against Bala Town.

Transfers (Transfers)

Brought in some promising regens including James Wilson, Kevin Richardson and Ryan King (all screen shots are from a few seasons down the line).

The Numbers

Here are some numbers which should help keep track of the clubs/leagues progress:

Average Attendance - 259 - down 7

Club Value - £9M - up £2.4M

Sponsership - £24.3k - up £17.74K

Club Coefficient - 28.300, 70th - up 10.800, up 45 places

League Rating - 360th (0.5 star) - up 113 places

League Coefficient - 11.500, 27th (of 53) - up 4.000, up 2 places

Awards

I was named Welsh Premier Manager of the Year.

The brilliant Scott Holt was named Welsh Premier Player of the Year.

Career Summary

Season League Welsh Cup League Cup Europe Other Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12 8th 3rd Rnd 1st Rnd N/A None
2012/13 4th QF Winners N/A Won European Places Playoff
2013/14 1st SF 1st Rnd Euro Cup 3rd QR Manager of the Year
2014/15 1st Winners SF 3rd in CL Group, EC 1st KO Manager of the Year, Can now scout all of Europe
2015/16 1st QF Winners CL 4th QR, EC 1st KO Manager of the Year, Club turns professional
2016/17 1st Winners Winners 3rd in CL Group, EC 2nd KO Manager of the Year
[/Code]

[b]Aims For Next Season[/b]

Continue domestic dominance.

Progress further in Europe to help the league progress.

Víkingur Ólafsvík

16bkm4l.jpg

Icelandic First Division 2011 (Season 1)

• Transfers
    The squad had some good players for this level so I didn't bought a lot of players. The defense area was a little short so three players joined us: One hot prospect on free, a left defender from Fylkir for 10K£ and one central defender who is known here, Ibrahim Shikanda for a bargain, only 350£. Also, I've signed a danish striker on free transfer to complete the squad.
  • Icelandic First Division
    It was a very good season for us as we managed to win the league pretty easily. Even if the medias predicted us at the 11th rank, my players have done a great job. Here is the League Table.
  • Icelandic Cups
    This season could have been better if we had a little bit luck in the cups. We unfortunately lost in the quarter finals of the Upper Leagues Cup againt Valur, a Premier Division side, on penalty shoot-outs. In the Icelandic Cup, we managed to get through the semi-final and with no surprise we lost 0-3 against KR, the Premier Division champions this year.
  • Player of the Season
    Undoubtely, our best player this season was the slovenian player Aljaz Horvat. Playing at the club since 2007, he used to play as an attacking midfielder but since I'm playing without one, I decided to place him as a striker. It was a very good call because he was just oustanding, finishing top scorer of the league.
  • Other Informations
    Even if I spend only the quarter of the wage budget given for the season, the gate receipts for the year and the other incomes were too low to match the expenditures. So we finished the year with a balance in the red (-4K£). Hopefuly, the attendance will grow up next season so we can stop the money loss.
  • Next Year's Aim
    During the cup games, we were close to win against some of the big clubs of the Premier Division. That's gives me hope for the next season and we will try to secure quickly our place in the Premier Division.
    [b]Season     Division    Position    Icelandic Cup    Upper League Cup    Continental      Achievements[/b]
    2011       IFD         1th         Semi-Final       Quarter Final       N/A              Promoted.

Btw, I present my excuses if some of my sentences are not clear. I'm from Switzerland and try my best to express myself correctly in English. :) If you want to see other screenshots or informations, feel free to ask.

Welsh Wizard - Barry Town - Welsh Premier League - 2011-12 - Season 1

595px-Barry_Town_FC.svg.png

Club Info

Facts

Facilities

Stats

Squad General

Squad Stats

Transfers Part 1

Transfers Part 2

Finances Summery

Finances Wages

A squad mainly full of Welsh players (which I expect to change until we can produce our own) with the rest being homegrown. A load of players in including

experienced Welsh internationals David Partridge, Gareth Taylor and one for next season Robbie Savage.

Key Players

David Partridge - Solid in defence all season used his experience well to knit new players together in defence.

Alex Lawless - Was the creative force and finished top of the assists in the league.

Jason Price - Showed no signs of being past it and since signing in January was lethal up-top and scored the most he has ever had in season.

Logo_Eng.jpg_Website.png

Predicted:- 12th

Finished:- 1st

Table

Previous Standings Graph

Player Stats

Held first for most of the season with a small blip half way through but manage to regain 1st and hold it. Barry are back to league wins and hopefully the dominance can begin

Welsh Cup

Final - Champions

Results

Loosemores League Cup

Final - Champions

Results

Wins in both cups secured the treble, hopefully this is a sign of domestic dominance Barry Town once enjoyed

Aims for Next Season

1. Try to maintain/begin domestic dominance with League/Cup wins.
  2. Try not to get embarrassed in Europe.
  3. Improve squad and get rid of dead wood.

Season     League    Welsh Cup    League Cup    Europe       Other Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12     1st       Winners      Winners       N/A           Manager of the Year, Domestic Treble

Budafok Hungarian Division 1 2017/18

Table

Positions

I started the season well and by halfway was only 2 points off the top held by Gyor. Debrecen, the champions from the last 2 years were a massive 10 points behind me. They soon charged up the league thanks to a 10 game winning streak, my teams own form wobbled a bit before they also put a winning run together. Gyor completely collapsed and were out of the race by 25 games. The defining game was the 27th when i went to Debrecen' ground 4 points clear. A hard fought 1-0 win almost assured Budafok of the title and although the team lost the next game the title was won with a game to spare.

My reserves played the league cup and went out to Gyor in the semi-final, after winning the home leg 2-0, they lost 3-0 away.

In the hungarian cup my passage to the final was relatively untroubled, in the final i faced Debrecen and comfortably won 3-1 to again show my increasing dominance of hungarian football.

In Europe i was less successful, after seeing off Honka i faced Turkish Gaziantepspor in the Euro cup 3rd Q Rd and won 1-0 away. In the home leg i conceeded in the first minute and my star player Nana was sent off after 7 minutes, I easily lost the game 4-2.

Squad

Transfers

My squad is really settled now with a few additions brought in on free's. The finances meant that Mabena and Serbin were sold on.

Nana was again the standout player and scored a record number of goals, Wosniak also had a good season, the striking options beyond them need improvement along with the backup goalie.

Season            League               Position       Hungarian Cup                    League Cup                     Euro Cup              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                              -                            -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                              -                            -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                              -                            -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                              -                            -                      League Winners
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                          1st Stage                        -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winners                         Semi-final                     2nd QRd                  European Qualification, HC Winners
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winners                         Semi-final                     3rd QRd                  League winnners, HC Winners

Ranking

71 /2*

52 /2.5*

59 /2*

58/2*

Hungarian sides haven't done too well in europe so the league is not improving or the coefficient ratings (currently 26th), Money seems quite tight with most sides having stands shut down and the amount of prize money not changing. My sponsorship money is the lowest in the league, barely a quarter of the average amount.

Wow, I thought I was doing well but Welsh Wizard has completely beasted that first season!

Another update from me as I need to catch up with my game. This is season 7 and I'm currently in season 9 so I'm almost there.

j.hillard's Afan Lido - Season 2017/18

afanlidobadge.jpg

We received another big upgrade to our training facilities meaning we now have top training facilities rated at 5 star. We can now scout the whole world, not that anyone will sign!

League (League Table)

Our dominance took a step up this season as we dropped just 4 points and scored a record 111 goals. At the other end poor old Bridgend only got 2 points and shipped a record 107 goals!

Europe (European Results)

We comfortably qualified for the Champions Cup group stages. The results are in the screen shot. We were paired with Bayern again and got beat 4-0 away in our first match. We then suffered a harsh 2-0 reverse against Man City before doing the double over Sporting, 2-1 at home and a crazy 4-3 win away. Bayern comfortably beat us again, 3-0, leaving us with a winner takes all showdown with Man City for second spot. Things were looking good as we went 2-0 up but they got a goal back and were all over us. Luckily we held on and progressed from the group stage for the first time!

The mighty AC Milan were our opponents in the first knockout stage and we were humbled 5-0 on aggregate.

Domestic Cups

A second consecutive domestic treble was secured as we won both the Welsh Cup and Loosemoores League Cup. Neath were on the receiving end in one of the finals again.

Transfers (Transfers)

Only brought in one player this season, promising goal keeper Miles Henderson (screenie from season 9). Despite my European success I still can't seem to sign anyone from outside of Britain which is annoying.

The Numbers

Here are some numbers which should help keep track of the clubs/leagues progress:

Average Attendance - 252 - down 7

Club Value - £12.75M - up £3.75M

Sponsorship - £24.3k

Club Coefficient - 44.180, 45th - up 15.880, up 25 places

League Rating - 263rd (1 star) - up 97 places, up 0.5 stars

League Coefficient - 15.900, 20th (of 53) - up 4.400, up 7 places

Awards

I was named Welsh Premier Manager of the Year.

None of my players won anything despite dominating completely. :confused:

Career Summary

Season League Welsh Cup League Cup Europe Other Achievements
2011/12 8th 3rd Rnd 1st Rnd N/A None
2012/13 4th QF Winners N/A Won European Places Playoff
2013/14 1st SF 1st Rnd Euro Cup 3rd QR Manager of the Year
2014/15 1st Winners SF 3rd in CL Group, EC 1st KO Manager of the Year, Can now scout all of Europe
2015/16 1st QF Winners CL 4th QR, EC 1st KO Manager of the Year, Club turns professional
2016/17 1st Winners Winners 3rd in CL Group, EC 2nd KO Manager of the Year (MoY)
2017/18 1st Winners Winners CL 1st KO MoY, Worldwide scouting, 5 star training facilities
[/Code]

[b]Aims For Next Season[/b]

Continue domestic dominance.

Repeat European progress.

Upgrade youth facilities.

It looks as though I am the only one struggling with this challenge. :)

I am finding the Slovakian 2nd Division a tough nut to crack, and although I am determined to complete this challenge it could take some time...

Congrats to everyone else who is taking part in this, and hopefully I can join in the successes very soon.... :)

It looks as though I am the only one struggling with this challenge. :)

I am finding the Slovakian 2nd Division a tough nut to crack, and although I am determined to complete this challenge it could take some time...

Congrats to everyone else who is taking part in this, and hopefully I can join in the successes very soon.... :)

I nearly gave up on the challenge after struggling in the Hungarian 2nd div, there seemed to be no decent players willing to come to me to improve the squad. I ended up looking at African u20 squads to trial a few players.

It seems harder in some of the 2nd divs than winning the 1st div. Mind i'm still failing to make an impact in Europe at all even after winning back to back titles, all the welsh players don't know how lucky they are being able to sign english talents to boost the squad.

I am going to persevere, as I've grown quite attached to Spartak Myjava. Hopefully the chairman decides to persevere also. I am currently just past mid-way in season three and despite my points total being better at the same point in previous years, the other bottom clubs are all picking up points as well.

As far as transfers go, I have been offered a couple of players from African leagues from their greedy agents, and have taken them on. One in particular could be a very good signing, a defensive midfielder currently in the Ghana U20 squad.

Sirera's Afan Lido

Wales - 2029/30

Transfers - The most important signings were Hickling, a strong forward from England, and Uruguayan goalkeeper Rodriguez. We also brought Pamic at the tender age of 18, a very promising forward.

- Champions League

- Rabotnick, Gyor and Dinamo Zagreb saw us go through to the group stages, where we were thrown in with Inter, Dinamo Kiev, and Rennais form France. We managed to qualify to the next round for the first time in our history even though we had three red cards in six group stage games.

We beat Dinamo home and away ,and got three ties with Rennais (twice) and an amazing 1-1 tie against Inter at Milan, in a game where we were winning all the way to the 90th minute, when a red card and a goal on extra time saw things balance out. Oh well.

Group Stages

The rival in the round of 16 was Barcelona. They trashed us on an aggregate of 11-2, and we were out like that. The cules went onto the semifinals, though. Is still amazes me how other players can manage to not only win the CL, but to go past stages as easy as they do when I can't match the European giants in 2030. Another oh well.

League

- Nice, quite season, won with 6 games to spare, record of league points, 9th consecutive title.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- Won it again without conceeding a single goal. 3-0 to Bangor in the final.

Welsh Cup

- Lost to Barry Town on the quarterfinals 1-2, with them scoring the two chances and us not doing anything much with our 20.

In other news

Stats 1 2

- Rodriguez got hold of the goal from day one, and as of today he is vital for us. The new signing Richardson in the back was also class. Redmond ended with an amazing 12 assists and 16 goals from the midfield, and Everitt continued his progress.

Up front, Hickling just ripped it on his debut season, and Killen kept his last season's numbers.

- Season passes - 43, two more than last year.

- Attendance - 472 in average, 53 more than last year.

- Club's value - £18 - £3m more than last year.

- The league was up 13 places. We are now 31st!

- The club was up another 17 spots, we are 37th. Amazing for us.

- £21m in the bank, still 550 capacity for European games.

- Well fellas, it looks like we made it to 14th in league coefficients, which means that for the first time ever in Wales, we will have TWO CL teams next year, on top of the three Euro ones. Next year could be exciting.

Last decade:

2028/29 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 77p - Welsh Cup Winners! - Loosemores Cup Winners! - CL group stages - Euro round of 16

2029/30 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 86p - QF Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Winners! - CL round of 16

Welsh Wizard - Barry Town - Welsh Premier League - 2012-13 - Season 2

595px-Barry_Town_FC.svg.png

Club Info

Facts

Facilities

Stats

Squad General

Squad Stats

Transfers

Finances Summery

Finances Wages

Squad is gaining more English players. To show the difference. Slightly less players in this season but alot of top players added for next season with the Forwards standing-out. Lita, Andy Johnson, Colin Nish and Shola Ameobi. Much needed wide players are brought in with Knightly and Arron Davies being levels above anyone in the league.

Training and youth facilities are getting improved thanks to the Run in Euro. Club also turns Pro.

Key Players

Tommy Banks - The ex-Liverpool youth player kept tight in defence and also offered something in attack. Another ex-Liverpool player looks to take his place next season but should be very good cover.

Tom Walker - The ex-Chelsea youth player was the creative player in mid and was our playmaker. I can see him being a key player for a while his is improving all the time.

Mark Crowther - The ex-City youth player had speed and strength to challenge most defences in the League and could also create chances. Even after a top season will be hard to get games with the new forwards in.

Logo_Eng.jpg_Website.png

Predicted:- 4th

Finished:- 1st

Table

Previous Standings Graph

Player Stats

Slow start with fixtures coming up quick with the Champions League but we climbed to the top and and stayed there.

200px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.png

Fixtures

Group

A great run and beat some decent teams to get in the group where we managed to get a victory vs F.C. Copenhagen(F.C. København) at home but the rest the aim was just to keep the margin of the loss down.

Welsh Cup

Final - Champions

Results

Loosemores League Cup

Final - Champions

Results

Wins in both cups secured the treble, again. Domestic dominance has been reached and looking at who we have signed looks set to continue.

Tracking Rise

(Taken from j.hillard. Hope you don't mind but it's a great way to track and show the rise or fall.)

Average Attendance - 771 - Up 560

Club Value - £4.9M - up £4.66M

Sponsorship - £6.56k

Club Coefficient - 6,741, 222nd - up ?, up 288 places

League Rating - 381st (1/2 star) - Down 116 places, Down 0.5 stars

League Coefficient - 3,333 42nd (of 53) - up ?, up ? places

Aims for Next Season

1. Try to maintain domestic dominance with League/Cup wins.
  2. Try not to get embarrassed in Europe.
  3. Improve squad and get rid of dead wood.

Season     League    Welsh Cup    League Cup    Europe                     Other Achievements
2011/12     1st       Winners      Winners       N/A               Manager of the Year, Domestic Treble
2012/13     1st       Winners      Winners       4th CL Group      Manager of the Year, Domestic Treble

2023 Champions League Final - Dunly v Real Madrid

Dunloy Squad

Real Madrid Squad

This is it, I am only one win away from finally completing this challenge, however that win will have to come against the might of Real Madrid, a star studded team with 9 current internationals in their starting XI (5 from Brazil), and an average player value of $19M... this is not going to be easy!

Champions League Final Preview

Champions League Final Match Analysis

Before we kickoff, let's look at the two key players identified for this match

Dunloy - Lee Jones: In his first season with Dunloy after being released by Liverpool, this 24 year old right back is the key player in the Dunloy defence, and whilst his stats of 0 goals and 2 assists at 7.19 from 60 games don't make great reading (in European competition it is 6.79 from 11 games), he is probably the best player in the Dunloy squad, and in the Northern Ireland Premier Division, with excelent attributes at that level. Earning $33k / week, he is the highest earner at Dunloy.

Real Madrid - Philipp Neustadter: The 29 German striker was purchased by Real Madrid 2 seasons ago from Schalke for a staggering $71M (the 3rd highest transfer in the game), and looking at his attributes, he is simply a beast! Surprisingly he has only scored 3 goals and 4 assists at 7.18 from 11 European matches this season, but he has also been shortlisted for the last three World Golden Balls. Earning $240k / week, he earns just under the total Dunloy wage bill, and amazingly isn't the highest earner at Real Madrid.

Time for the kickoff in the biggest game in Europe, Dunloy is lining up with the usual attacking 4-2-2 (really a 4-2-2-2, with an AML and AMR), whilst Real Madrid is starting with a defensive looking 4-2-1-2-1

Kickoff

3rd Minute: Dunloy player is fouled just outside the 18 yard box and they are given a free kick in good position. A floating cross is met by the head of Dunloy defender Wisdom and flies towards goal, but a diving save by the Real Madrid keeper and he holds onto it... the first chance for the match

8th Minute: A corner for Real Madrid now, it goes to the far post and is met by Real Madrid central defender Ramos, his header heads goalward, but pushed away by Dunloy keeper Stamp, the ball bounces back to Ramos, who shoots first time from a tight angle, and Stamp again manages to push it away, and this time it is cleared by the Dunloy defence

24th Minute: Dunloy with the ball just outside the 18 yard box, passing it around but the Real Madrid defence is keeping them back... suddenly a fierce shot by Lee towards the bottom left corner, but again well saved and held by the Real Madrid keeper Maranhao, there is a reason he is Brazil's number 1 keeper!

33rd Minute: Another corner by Real Madrid floats into the box, met by central defender Rodrigo, but striaght to keeper Stamp, who holds onto it

36th Minute: Real Madrid with the ball in the middle of the field, suddenly a well timed Dunloy tackle sees the ball fall loose and into the path of Dunloy striker Pearce, who gets around his man and is now one-on-one with the keeper... shoots, and great save by the Real Madrid keeper, corner for Dunloy

45+1 Minutes: Dunloy with the ball in injury time of the first half... a long pass down the right wing sees Dunloy winger Clemence run onto it, crosses into a crowded penalty area and finds striker Pearce unmarked, who fires into the bottom left corner of the net and beats a diving Real Madrid keeper, goal for Dunloy!!!! Dunloy 1 - Real Madrid 0

End of 1st Half: Dunlot 1 - Real Madrid 0 Whilst Real Madrid may have had more of the ball, it is Dunloy who have struck first blood, and now they are 45 minutes from the unimaginable, whilst Real Madrid have it all to do. Dunloy make a 1 for 1 swap, with English striker Hunt on for out of form Brazilian striker Douglas, whilst Real Madrid replace one of their central midfielders with Spanish striker Sanchez as they look to move to a more attacking formation

55th Minute: Dunloy with a corner early in the 2nd half, but well cleared by the Real Madrid defence, and suddenly Real Madrid are running with the ball on the counter attack, and it's two on two... Real Madrid pass the ball around the Dunloy defence, and then around the keeper who has come off his line, and Sanchez is left with a simple tap in to equalise for Real Madrid, super play by the Real Madrid strikers, they were simply to fast and too good for the Dunloy defence on that occasion Dunloy 1 - Real Madrid 1 Interestingly, Sanchez is now being brought off the field, after only being on for 10 minutes and scoring a goal??

70th Minute: Real Madrid again on the counter attack, this time Neustadter with the ball, runs around one defender and shots from the edge of the area, great save required by Dunloy keeper Stamp to keep that one out, and it's a corner

End of 2nd Half: Dunloy 1 - Real Madrid 1 The end of the second half, and whilst it was quieter than the first, Real Madrid were able to make the most of their chances and level the scores, now lets see if either side can win this in extra time. Dunloy is making another like for like substitution, with exahusted Scottish central midfielder Lee coming off for Edwards

92nd Minute: Dunlot with the ball on the edge of the area, but unable to penetrate... suddenly Clemence plays striker Hunt into the area with a great pass, Hunt is free of the defenders and only has the keeper in front of him, he must score... but the Real Madrid keeper gets his fingertips to it and forces it wide, great save!

105+1 Minute: Dunloy again with the ball, heading towards the 18 yard box... sudenly striker Pearce gets around his defender and fires a shot from the edge of the area... diving save by the keeper, however the ball bounces back into the path of Pearce, with an open goal in front of him, surely he must score... but a diving tackle by the Real Madrid defence forces the ball out of play for a corner

120th Minute: With not long to go until the dreaded penalty shoot out, Dunloy brings on 18 year old loanee striker Crawford, a penalty taking specialist, with winger Clemence coming off, and because of this move to a 4-3-3 formation

120+1 Minute: Dunloy are making one last attempt to avoid the penalty shootout, streaming out of defence... bearing down on the 18 yard box, it's now 3 on 3, with the other Real Madrid players no-where to be seen... loanee striker Crawford plays in Hunt, who shoots first time, but straight into the oncoming keeper, however the rebound falls beautifully for Crawford, who shoots, and scores! GOAL FOR DUNLOY!!!!! Wait, there has been a whistle, and the ref has found a foul by Hunt just before Crawford scored the winner, despite him being nowhere near the ball - all of the Dunloy players are protesting, but to no avail.

End of Extra Time: Dunloy 1 - Real Madrid 1 Extra time was dominated by a fresher looking Dunloy, but they could not find the winner, so it's down to the penalty shoot out, with Dunloy up first

Penalty Shoot Out

Dunloy: 20 year old midfielder Edwards is first up, but he sends it wide! Not the start Dunloy was after Dunloy 0 - Real Madrid 0

Real Madrid: Danger man Neustadter up for Real Madrid, and he smashes it into the top left corner Dunloy 0 - Real Madrid 1

Dunloy: 18 year old striker Crawford up now, brought on to the field for his penalty taking abilities, he shoots... and it's saved by the diving keeper, great save, and Dunloy are stil yet to get on the board! Dunloy 0 - Real Madrid 1

Real Madrid: 25 year old central defender Rodrigo up for Real Madrid, and cooly puts it away Dunloy 0 - Real Madrid 2

Dunloy: 24 year old winger Burrows steps up, and finally, Dunloy have converted, but it could all be too late Dunloy 1 - Real Madrid 2

Real Madrid: 29 year old full back Digao steps up, and fires just past an outstretch Dunloy keeper Dunloy 1 - Real Madrid 3

Dunloy: 24 year old striker Hunt steps up, and must score to keep Dunloy in it... he does, but Real Madrid now have a chance to win it Dunloy 2 - Real Madrid 3

Real Madrid: 24 year old midfielder Gotti now with the chance to win it for Real Madrid... and he makes no mistake, Real Madrid are European Champions! Dunloy 2 - Real Madrid 4

Champions League Final Overview

Champions League Final Match Stats

Champions League Final Player Ratings

Well, what a match! Despite Real Madrid fielding a much better side on paper, the match was evenly matched, and Dunloy thought they had won it in extra time, but it wasn't to be, as the penalty taking gods were against them... still, a fantastic effort, and hopefully they can go one better next season.

After 2 years away I am going to give this another go.

I chose Denmark as I didnt see many people going there, I always take one of the first teams to come up, I dont like to reload over and over. I picked up newly promoted Viby Idrætsforening, very poor squad but a decent stadium and stead finances.

Club Info

I forgot to take the profile picture on day one but it has only been 2 weeks and the season hasnt started so I cant see it changing at all.

I have cleared a bit of dead wood and brought in quite a few new faces

Transfers

We begin :)

Hi. I see that some of you who plays in the Welsh premier or in Northern Ireland have very low average attendances, even though you have a lot of money and are doing well in Europe.

Is this because the board haven't let you expand your stadium yet?

Great to read about your progress. Sorry for Dunloy, losing on penalties. Hope you get one better next year.

Víkingur Ólafsvík

16bkm4l.jpg

Icelandic Premier Division 2012 (Season 2)

• Transfers | History - Pedersen - Illugason
    Six new players joined the team, three of them as key player. I'm really excited about Pedersen, a very talented youngster who can become one of the best midfielders in the league. I can tell the same about Ljubicic who will be at first a backup but will surely take a first team spot in the future. Illugason is an important transfer too as we need to increase our offensive possibilities.
  • Icelandic First Division | League Table
    Surprisingly we managed to finish at a very good 6th rank. I mean, when you start the competition by losing 2-7 and 1-5 the first two games, you just think about avoiding relegation, nothing more. We went lucky a lot of time, scoring in lasts minutes and taking advantage of the poor level of our opponents.
  • Icelandic Cups | Icelandic Cup - Upper League Cup
    It wasn't a good year for us. When I see the lack of motivation of my players during these games, I think about giving a chance to the players of the reserve team in these cups.
  • Player of the Season | Shikanda
    Shikanda was precious this season. He was majestic in defense but also very successful in offense, scoring 5 goals on free-kicks. I've already offered him a new contract to secure his presence in the team - as I don't see any defender in the league capable of what his doing. - and hope he will be with us for a few seasons.
  • Other Informations | Finances
    Financially, the profit are good for this season but if I didn't organised some lucrative friendlies, we'll be in the red. In the awards, I won the manager of the year title. The chairman is still looking to sell the club but failed to complete the deal many times. I hope that this problem will be solved soon because it's disturbing not being able to sign players during a few months in a year.
  • Next Year's Aim
    We have to do better, not in the ranking but in the performances. Our level is too low to hope anything good for next season so it's obvious that a few new players will join us. Some players suffered of injuries and it we missed them, specially Horvat (5 months), as their substitutes weren't good enough to play at this level.
    [b]Season    Division   Position   Icelandic Cup   Upper League Cup   Continental     Achievements[/b]
    2011      D1         1th        Semi-Final      Quarter Final      N/A             Promoted.
    2012      PRM        6th        Third Round     Quarter Final      N/A             Manager of the Year, Continental Scouting.

Hi. I see that some of you who plays in the Welsh premier or in Northern Ireland have very low average attendances, even though you have a lot of money and are doing well in Europe.

Great to read about your progress. Sorry for Dunloy, losing on penalties. Hope you get one better next year.

Most of the money is down to prize money for Europe, the only way I have seen a dramatic increase in attendance is from winning the european competitions and the world club cup.

Taunton - My average attendances of 446 is partly due to my stadium capacity of 625, although it is generally only my European matches that are sellouts, with only a handful of league games reaching the 625 mark (mind you the big 3 old clubs still average over 1,000 per game, with the old dominant club Linfield averaging 4,639 per game!)

Whilst the board has agreed to an expansion the last few seasons, it always gets blocked by the local council, and they refuse to build me a new stadium (probably because it would only be fully utilised during European ties)

Thanks for your words, I also hope to go one better, and the 2024 season update isn't too far away

Budafok Hungarian Division 1 2018/19

Table

Positions

I started the season well going unbeaten in the league until the 17th game when i crashed to a 4-0 thrashing without mananging a single shot on goal. I was pushed all the way by Fehervar and only won the title with a game to spare. I did achieve a record points score, although my team has improved, the standard of the other teams seems to have gotten much worse. I went out in the semi-final of the hungarian cup and the quarter-final of the league cup. In Europe i competed in the CL for the first time, winning 2-0 at home to BATE before finishing the job with a 2-2 draw away. In the 3rd QRd i faced Brugge and a 3-1 loss at home effectively finished the tie although i restored some face by winning 1-0 away in the 2nd leg. This put Budafok into the 4th Qrd of the Euro cup where i faced Porto. A 1-0 away loss was followed a 2-0 home loss in what were very one-sided matches.

Transfers

Squad

The chairman sold Nana (71 goals in 111 apps) over my head for £2.5 million, i sold on Ghazouni (35 goals in 140 apps)who had slipped down the order and Zitouni (9 goals in 128 apps) who i converted from a striker to a right midfielder. In the league Nana had been exceptional until his departure alongside Arkhipov who had replaced Wozniak, after Nana left Arkhipov then stepped up another gear to ensure Nana wasn't missed at all. Markovic stepped into the midfield and made himself first choice.

The increased finances from the sale of Nana meant that the board agreed to improve both training and youth facilities which they cancelled 5 months later.

I also paid money for only the second player in the clubs history and the first spanish player who would actually join me.

Season            League             Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup              Europe              Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                     -                     -                      League Winner
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                 1st Stage                 -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winners                Semi-final         2nd QRd   Euro cup            European Qualification, HC Winner
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winners                Semi-final         3rd QRd   Euro cup            League winnner, HC Winner
2018/19        First Division         1st                Semi final             Quarter-final      3rd QRd   CL                  League winner
                                                                                                  4th QRd   Euro cup

Ranking went down this year as all the hungarian teams failed to make any progress in europe

2015/16 - 71 (2*)

2016/17 - 52 (2.5*)

2017/18 - 59 (2*)

2018/19 - 58 (2*)

2019/20 - 68 (2*)

Taunton - My average attendances of 446 is partly due to my stadium capacity of 625, although it is generally only my European matches that are sellouts, with only a handful of league games reaching the 625 mark (mind you the big 3 old clubs still average over 1,000 per game, with the old dominant club Linfield averaging 4,639 per game!)

Whilst the board has agreed to an expansion the last few seasons, it always gets blocked by the local council, and they refuse to build me a new stadium (probably because it would only be fully utilised during European ties)

Don't you find this a bit frustrating? I mean some of the fun is to see a small club develop, both on and off the pitch.

And you are at a club that plays CL-finals. I would have thought that both the council and people in the area would embrace such a club more. I know that here in Norway clubs from remote areas (and i mean remote) draw crowds at about 2-3000 when the club has been promoted to the top flight. And the crowd is not just from nearby, but from a radius of one-two hours of driving.

So I would have thought that a very successful club in Wales and Northern Ireland could draw more attendances.

But the most important is what you do on the pitch and I have to say I am impressed with your progress. Looking forward to the next update.

Have you tried asking for a new stadium rather than an expansion?

I am having an issue. After failing at my first attempt i want another go. Decided on Finland, saved on 06/01/2011 with all teams played 36 games etc. Then when I go to continue the same 3 new teams get generated every time. Just continued for the 30th time and it is always the same 3, any ideas?

Dunloy 2023/24 Season Update - Northern Irish Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2022/23 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Runner Up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2023/24 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st in CL Group Stage, CL Knockout Round, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

38 Pld, 35 Won, 3 Drn, 0 Lst, 106 For, 14 Ag, +92 GD, 108 Pts

Transfers / Star Players / Team Summary

2024 Transfers

Given I was so close to completing this challenge last season, missing out on penalties, I decided all I needed was a couple of good signings, so I went into the market and signed 23 players for a total of $26M (most on frees), and raised my weekly wage budget from well under $700k / week to $790k a week. All this put a big strain on our finances (despite releasing 26 players for $4.3M), but I was confident the new signings could make all the difference! Out of the new signings, 4 in particular made a big impact on the side:

Charlie Ince: Picked up on a free in July after being released by Man U and an unsuccessful trial period with West Ham, he demanded a record $55k / week, but was worth every bit of it, becoming the first choice striker and managing 29 goals, 21 assists and 7 MoM at 7.56 from 48 games - that is more than 1 goal or assist a game - he was also the 3rd top goalscorer in the Premier Division, all this at just 24! However, in December he became the 2nd choice striker, as I found someone even better...

Connor Wickham: 31 year old striker also picked on on a free transfer, Arsenal released him in June after paying $43M for him 5 seasons ago, but I only noticed him in December! Although he is 31, his physical stats are ok, and his mental and technical are amazing (compared to the rest of the side), and he also had 35 English caps and 21 goals! Sadly, he was dropped from the English side around the same he joined Dunloy, so I am yet to have a Dunloy player represent England. He instantly became the best Dunloy player ever, although his stats of 12 goals, 9 assists and 3 MoM at 7.41 from 22 games weren't quite as good as those of Ince.

Supporters Player of the Season / N.I. Premier Division Player of the Year

Liam McDermott: Another free transfer from Arsenal, the 22 year old has a lot of low attributes, but the key defensive ones are fantastic, with heading, tackling, positioning, balance, jumping and strength all over 15. He had a fantastic season, with 11 goals and 11 MoM at 7.89 from 42 games (averaging 8.08 in the league), and took out fans player of the season and N.I. player of the season. At 22, one for the future

N.I. Premier Division Young Player of the Year

Thomas Peters: Another new signing, but this one was not a free transfer - quite the opposite, costing $14.25M from Hearts, the only reason I splashed out on him was because I needed a left winger after my old one left the club, but he had a great first season, with 16 goals and 11 assists at 7.35 from 46 games. At only 21 years old he is already a good player, but I'm hoping he can improve to become a truly great player!

2024 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

League / Domestic Cups: I managed to stretch my unbeaten league record to 268 and counting, but I still conceded 3 draws (35 wins), so still not the perfect season. I also took out all 4 domestic cups this season for the 4th season in a row. Not much else to say really.

2024 League Table

In Europe, something amazing happened - a Northern Irish side won a Europa League 4th qualifying tie and made it into the Group Stage... where they went on to lose every group game, but still, it's some sort of progress!

League Reputation: 13th (-8) - between Scottish Premier League and Austrian Premier Division

Club Coefficient: 7th (-2) - between Man Utd and Barcelona

National Coefficient: 11th (0) - between Scotland and Austria

Europe: Drawn against Sporting CP, Besiktas and Red Star, it was as easy a group as you are likely to find in the Champions League, and I topped the group easily with 5 wins and 1 draw, and a GD of +16 (the best Group GD in my Champions League history) - the highlight being a 5-0 home win against Sporting CP. After the convincing group stage I was convinced my signings were just what I needed and confident going into the knockout round against Porto, a team I had only lost to once in the past 4 meetings

2024 Champions League Group Stage

CL 1st Knockout Round v Porto: 1-1(A), 1-2(H): The away leg was very close, both with 6 shots on target, 3 clear cut chances, and 1 goal a piece, to leave the away leg with a fair result, and hopefully bring it home in from of the home crowd.

The home leg was also even, but with Dunloy having slightly more shots on target (8 to 6) and clear cut chances (6 to 3), but at the end of 90 minutes it was again 1-1 with Porto's 37 minute strike canceled out by a 42 minute Dunloy goal. Then, deep into injury time, with the game heading towards penalties, Porto's central defender rose up to score from a corner in the 115th minute, and that was it, Dunloy was out of the Champions League in the 1st Knockout Round, their worst result in 5 seasons, I couldn't believe it, especially after last season... :(

Finances / Facilities

After spending a record $26M on transfers in and raising my Wage costs to $800k / week, I was counting on another good European run to help the finances out. As I got knocked out in the first knockout round, this resulted in Dunloy recording a $36M loss, the first time in history the club has recorded a loss, and what a loss! I now only have $16M left in the bank, another season like this and I will be in the red!

2024 Finances

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Top

Youth Facilities: Excellent

Youth Recruitment: Limited

New Club Records

Average Attendance: 586

Most Games Without Conceding: 13 - 28/10/2023 to 16/12/2023

Highest Transfer Fee Received: $2,600,000 (Tom Cleary to Reading - 6/8/2023)

Total Transfer Income: $8,500,000

I can't believe it, after being so close last season and improving the squad with quality free transfers I've now gone backwards - is there any hope of completing this challenge? Only time will tell...

Don't you find this a bit frustrating? I mean some of the fun is to see a small club develop, both on and off the pitch.

And you are at a club that plays CL-finals. I would have thought that both the council and people in the area would embrace such a club more. I know that here in Norway clubs from remote areas (and i mean remote) draw crowds at about 2-3000 when the club has been promoted to the top flight. And the crowd is not just from nearby, but from a radius of one-two hours of driving.

So I would have thought that a very successful club in Wales and Northern Ireland could draw more attendances.

But the most important is what you do on the pitch and I have to say I am impressed with your progress. Looking forward to the next update.

Tauton - it is a little frustrating not being able to play in front of more than 625 fans, but I deliberatly picked Dunloy because they had such poor facilities, so I brought it upon myself! That said I had 7 league stadium sellouts this season, and my average league attendance by stadium % of 93% is higher than previous seasons (and much higher than the next best in the league which is 19%!), so I'm hoping I will be able to expand the stadium sooner or later.

Mind you, I've done some research on Dunloy, and found Dunloy is Irish for "fort of the muddy/marshy place", it is a village of 336 houses and 1,000 people, and it's major attractions are shops, a pub, a bakery and a church... so maybe the board is right to assume the current capacity of 625 is sufficient... after all it is more than half of the population of Dunloy!

Aussieant32 - I have also asked for a new stadium (whenever the option appears), but the board always rejects it as the current fan base does not justify a new stadium (or something similar), but I'll keep on asking!

EDIT: Just after posting this, I have finally had a stadium expansion pass the planning phase, and my board have anounced their stadium expansion plans

281 seats will be installed within the stadium at a cost of $90k to bring the total capacity to a staggering 906!

Marky Mark! I noticed you mostly sign british based players, is this because you can't find any other players around or that they won't join you. I'm finding that players from Western Europe like spain, UK, france , holland, germany won't consider joining me, only found 1 spanish player so far that would. I can now scout everywhere and have managed to get some good players from Brazil to sign for me!

I'm still in a battle with my board at the moment over facilities, they agreed in jan 19 to improve the training and youth facilities only to cancel it 4 months later, now in nov 20 they won't improve them as they say they are good enough. facilities are only adequate which they started at and worse than most of the better teams in the league.

Season 8 - Salthill Devon - Champions (Bunch of rubbish trophies, still in Europe)

League Table

Euro Cup group

Transfers

Domestically it was easy but for some reason getting to the Champions League group stages was beyond us this year. a 3-0 loss at Elfsborg was a disaster and we only beat them 2-0 at home which meant we had to go for the Europa League, things going well there though.

Key Players

Kevin Coleman

Absolute legend, so solid..

Francois Job

great partner for Coleman at the back, hope I can keep hold of him for longer.

Jamie Swift

Just gets better and better, 1st choice on our left wing.

Summary

Not played this Salthill game in a while and I've come back into it and really enjoyed it here. Hope we can make good progress in the Europa League and then push on in the Champions League next year.

Thebaker - Initially the reason all of my signings were from the UK was because no-one else would sign for me... it was only my 10th season (2020/21) that I built my reputation up enough that I managed to sign my first non-UK player - a young bulgarian player who never ended up playing for the senior side.

Now that I have made constant progress in the Champions League the last few seasons I have some international players interested in signing, but most of them are either over 30 or just rubbish, generally the only decent players interested in signing are still from England (someone actually mentioned that whilst Wales and Northern Ireland have the lowest reps in FM, given they are so close to England it might be easier to complete this challenge in those leagues then some of the central / easter european leagues).

Of my senior squad, I have the following nationalities:

33 (75%) - England

3 (7%) - Scotland

2 (5%) - Brazil

1 (2%) - Bulgaria, Columbia, France, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey

0 - Northern Ireland! (makes it a bit difficult to fill the home grown player spots in the Champions League)

Marky Mark!

I have scouted a lot of british players and a lot are rated 5 stars. I can't sign any of them but for comparision to my squad, i would consider my team to be an average european side, not up there with the spanish sides but better than the scandinavian sides.

My side consists of

2 Hungary

1 Algeria

1 Belarus

2 Brazil (another on the way)

1 Ivory coast

1 Morroco

2 Poland

2 Romania

3 Russia

1 Serbia

1 Slovakia

2 South Africa

1 Spain

1 Ukraine

1 Burkino faso

1 Cameroon

4 Danish

1 Egypt

2 ghana

1 Guinea

1 Colombia

My squad started with eastern europeans and developed to signing africains after trials. Was then able to sign Danish players and now south americans will join me.

Marky Mark!

I have scouted a lot of british players and a lot are rated 5 stars. I can't sign any of them but for comparision to my squad, i would consider my team to be an average european side, not up there with the spanish sides but better than the scandinavian sides.

My side consists of

2 Hungary

1 Algeria

1 Belarus

2 Brazil (another on the way)

1 Ivory coast

1 Morroco

2 Poland

2 Romania

3 Russia

1 Serbia

1 Slovakia

2 South Africa

1 Spain

1 Ukraine

1 Burkino faso

1 Cameroon

4 Danish

1 Egypt

2 ghana

1 Guinea

1 Colombia

My squad started with eastern europeans and developed to signing africains after trials. Was then able to sign Danish players and now south americans will join me.

Interesting to see that you have also avoided local players, with only 2 Hungarian players, although I am impressed with how varied your squad is

Interesting to see that you have also avoided local players, with only 2 Hungarian players, although I am impressed with how varied your squad is

its not so much a case of avoiding them, my scouts seem completely unable to find any decent ones. If they spent more a day looking they might do better, i've only seen a few 4 or 5 star ones in the last few years which i have actually found in other teams u18's. I've been unable to sign any of them since they usually play for my biggest rivals and my own youth players have never been better than 3 stars

Budafok Hungarian League 1 2019/20

Table

Positions

Domestically this season ended as a disaster, at the mid season break after 17 league games i was unbeaten with just 5 goals conceded. The team went into meltdown, the goals completely dried up and 21 goals conceded in 13 games meant i finished 3rd.

In the hungarian cup i went out to Fenencvaros in the 4th rd, i won the away leg 2-1 but lost the home leg 5-0 :eek:. The league cup was the same, after winning the home leg 2-0 against Debrecen i lost the 2nd leg away 3-0.

Europe was a better story earlier in the season, after moving past Buducnost, i squeezed past Dinamo Zagred by 3-1 on agg. In the champions playoffs i lost the first leg away 3-2 to Rosenborg but came back to win 2-1 at home and go through on away goals.

In the group stages i faced Valencia (last years champions), AC Milan and Olympiakos. I was thrashed by Valencia and Milan but won 2-1 at home to Olympiakos and lost only 1-0 away. Disappointing to finish last in the group.

Squad

Transfer

Arkhipov was the standout player continuing his excellent goal scoring form.

A couple of outstanding prospects in Williams, Sorenson and Jensen came in with Nemeth leaving along with Tisza who after making 117 apps over 6 years was released.

Season            League             Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup              Europe              Achievements
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                     -                     -                      None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                     -                     -                      League Winners
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                 1st Stage                 -                      European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winners                Semi-final         2nd QRd   Euro cup            European Qualification, HC Winner
2017/18        First Division         1st                Winners                Semi-final         3rd QRd   Euro cup            League winnner, HC Winner
2018/19        First Division         1st                Semi final             Quarter-final      3rd QRd   CL                  League winner
                                                                                                  4th QRd   Euro cup
2019/20        First Division         3rd                4th Rd                 Semi-final         Cl Group stages               None

League Ranking and standard - Club coefficient/League Coefficient

15/16 - 71 (2*)

16/17 - 52 (2.5*)

17/18 - 59 (2*)

18/19 - 58 (2*)

19/20 - 68 (2*) - 381 /27

20/21 - 50 (2.5*) - 211/27

NK Olimpija Osijek - 1.HNL (Croatian Premier Division) - 2019/2020 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Pre-season

(Transfers)

This one started with a fairly calm pre-season. We didn't have any spectacular prize money to spend and did not find many players worth to spend money on. The biggest investments were in future star John Antwi, who my scouts rate but I feel he's not ready; and in midfielder Nordine Cherkaoui who was meant to be a first team regular but would have problems settling in Croatia.

Domestic league

(League Table)

Despite keeping the same players that clinched the title last year, we found it tough to perform at the same level for most of the first half of the championship, constantly yo-yoing between 2nd and 4th place. We'd do great results only to follow it up with awkward losses at home. Perhaps the best example of that was when we travelled to face the leaders Hajduk, who had only conceded 3 goals in 15 games - we beat them 2-1 with a brilliantly efficent exhibition. The next two games? 1-1 ties at home versus Solin and Zadar, both teams fighting relegation.

Eventually after the winter break things got better. Perhaps it was the fact we were out of our european campaign by then, which was putting an unbearable strain on the players, perhaps it was the new signings - we made a big reshuffle in January, selling key players Vulic and Gavranic, and signing a lot of people with that money. Round 23 we got the championship lead for good, despite Hajduk having a decent shot at it too for a while. It was amusing to clinch the championship again versus my personal rivals Granicar, and on top of that we beat them 5-0. That was with two games to go, and it was also amusing to watch Hajduk drop a ton of points on those last few matches, as we ended the season with a 10 points lead. That would've been unthinkable by the mid-season mark.

Europe

(Champions League campaign)

(Europa League campaign)

Thanks to Mr. Platini these smaller countries like Croatia have now a much easier path to enter the Champions League, and we started that path with a predictable 2-0/5-0 thrashing of northern irish side Lisburn Distillery. Sarajevo put up a bigger fight in the following round, but the real test was Kobenhavn in the final playoff. We beat them 2-1 at home with a late comeback, unfortunately in Denmark we had a disastrous first half and they scored 3. Hamed then scored with 30 minutes to go and we waited for another goal that would make us go through on away goals, but it never happened. We got into a group stage, but of the Europa League.

Suddenly massive money arrived. At that point the club's total value was 3M€, but the prize money for losing the playoff was 2.1M, and the prize money for entering Europa League was 1M. So we doubled up the club's value by just showing up in Denmark!!

The club's short presence in the Europa League wasn't bad for our lack of experience. We were super close to winning both of our first two matches but conceded late equalizers to Dinamo Kiev and Sivasspor. Then big bad Everton came up and beat us 2-0 4-0, the last of which at home, very demoralizing. Another loss to Dinamo Kiev put us out for good, but then we went to Turkey and beat Sivasspor 3-1 to grab 3rd place over them.

The cup

(Campaign)

No trouble until the semis. Dinamo Zagreb surprised us at home with a 2-0 win and I didn't even bother to field a full strength side for the 2nd leg. But Armando Mance had the game of his life, scoring 4 and qualifying us for another final!

The 2-leg final was against Rijeka, and those were two hectic matches. At home we won 3-2. And in Rijeka all goals were scored in the first 25 minutes, but it was still a fun 3-1, in our favour of course. Another domestic double for Olimpija!

Best eleven

(Squad and stats)

GK - Gérson Coimbra

DR - Nikola Tkalcic

DL - Marcel Novko

DC - Vladica Vasic

DC - Dario Vulic

MC - Edgardo Garro

MC - Oumar Ettien

AMR - Fermín Rodríguez

AML - Nicolás Olivares

ST - Osama Hamed

ST - Seydou Diabakaté

Plan for next year

We were awarded a ton of cash this season, both through Europe and through the big January player sales. I was planning to spend a lot of it on signings for next year, however the board just informed me that 3.8M of the budget will go to the training and youth facilities I asked for. I guess I can't complain, just have to get on with it and do the job on the field. The top priority is, of course, to do well enough in the Champions League to gather another big pot of gold and improve our reputation.

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe                 Notes[/b]
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                    Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                    Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                    Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6226936&viewfull=1#post6226936]2014/15[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                    Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6243633&viewfull=1#post6243633]2015/16[/url]    2.HNL - 3rd      1st round    ---                    Missed promotion by 1 point
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6276421&viewfull=1#post6276421]2016/17[/url]    2.HNL - 1st      1st round    ---                    Promoted, 2.HNL champions
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6288934&viewfull=1#post6288934]2017/18[/url]    1.HNL - 2nd      ---          ---                    Fought for the title, qualified for Europe
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6317466&viewfull=1#post6317466]2018/19[/url]    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      EL 3rd Q rnd           Domestic double
2019/20    1.HNL - 1st      Winners      CL playoff, EL groups  Domestic double

Just thought I would jump into this challenge. Always wanted to and finally have in Belgium. I have joined Football Couillet la louviere. An update for the first season will be posted soon. Good luck to everyone currently playing.

Icelandic First Division 2011 (Season 1)

My profile is here and here

Icelandic Premier Division team that has been relegated. Lots of debt (80k) terrible players, and chairman who loves the club. Lets see if i can make something good happen.

Wish me luck, my fist time managing lower league team and accepting these challanges.

They got relegated? I dont think you can use them for this challenge, you need to take over a team that got promoted to the lowest division.

Noikeee, Well done on another title looks like you are begining it dominate domestically, the euro money helps immensely with this.

Do you think your squad is up to challenging the better teams in europe yet?

Certainly your players look like a similar strength to mine, although i would say the defence needs improving. how far afield can you scout? South america and africa are goldmines for players i'm finding.

Archived