Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

Thanks, although I should make it clearer - it was the Europa League Final, after coming 3rd in my CL Group Stage - so a bit more work to do yet before the real thing...

Even so, you still made the Europa League final quicker then me, I got to it in around 2023 :thup:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's depressing. I'm in 2026 and still haven't gotten past the group stages of anything. Maybe that's because I usually win nothing on FM lol.

Regarding the conversation about how the other teams are doing in Europe, same here; nobody has ever made it to any group stages yet, even though Lanelli got through one round, and taking advantage of his one more round due to better coefficients, was one round short of getting to the Uefa Cup group stages.

I do have a question for you guys; do any of you have any more European spots than the 4 I've had for decades? How has it affected the league European playoffs? Just curious.

Anyway, onto the news: For the second time in the history of the club, we are in the CL group stages. We moved past Daugaba, Stael and Stabaek to clinch a group stage place.

The group:

Rapid Viena - The Cinderella of the group. They usually don't get past the qualifying CL rounds.

Atletico de Madrid - CL champions in 2019, and semifinalists in 2023, they've also been in two semifinals of the Uefa Cup in the past five years.

Inter - CL champions in 2023 and 2024, they have last year's best striker of the year in Italian Diego Fortunato.

Seeing as I am now third on coefficient in this group, I am really hoping to finish third so I can get a taste for final stage European football!

WTF, i hink the 11.2 patch screwed up something in Wales. The quarterfinal's losers of the Welsh Cup got £2m, and the semifinal's losers get £8m. I don't even know what you get if you win the thing now. Last year I got £500k for winning it. I think this is going to turn my save into a bunch of rich teams. WTF.

Sirera's Afan Lido

Wales - 2026/27

Transfers - Signed a right defender on loan from Scotland, who liked being here but, even though our league is up in reputation, did not want to be bought at the end of the year. Palacios also joined as the first Spaniard in the history of Afan.

- Champions League

Daugava, Ael and Stabaek all fell in the qualifying rounds of the CL, and we were onto the group stages for the second time ever. With Inter, Atletico and Rapid Viena, we knew it would all come down to the points against the Austrians. As expected, both clubs lost all the games against Atletico and Inter. Rapid beat us in Austria 2-1, but we beat them home 2-0, and that was it; we had secured a Uefa Cup spot for the final stages. CL group stages

- Euro cup

The rival in the round of 32 was Spanish Getafe. We played a very valid game in Madrid, were we lost 2-1, with Angeli giving us hope to get through the round in Port Talbot. We ended up losing 3-4 home, in a very crazy game, but one where we just did not have the quality to beat the Spaniards. It continues to amaze me how people around here have the players to get through the beasts better leagues have. Incredible.

League

- We secured a 10 point lead 8 games before the end, and were able to play our youngsters to be stronger in the cups. We have won our fifth consecutive league, and we have now 11 league titles.

Table

Loosemores Cup

- Out in quarterfinals, due to injuried, lots of games pushed together, and international call-ups, for the second year in a row. Oh well.

Welsh Cup

- No problem as we secured third Welsh cup, beating Haverfordwest 3-0.

In other news

Stats

- Iliadis in goal is now also starting for Cyprus, and so are Nikolaous and Angeli. Angeli, Collins and Nikolaou were once again superb upfront, and Matty Simpson and Terry just ripped it from the midfield. Terry won young player of the year for the second consecutive year. Honduran defender Vazquez was also player of the year in Wales. Nine of our players were within the best eleven of the season.

- The club is doing great as of today. Almost £15m in the bank, £1,4m dividends paid for the shareholders, and the facilities continue to improve year after year, even though the stadium is a no-no.

- Next year is going to be very difficult, I think. Several players do not want to renew their contracts since they want to play somewhere better; one of them being our starting goalkeeper, Iliadis. We cannot find a decent replacement to save our lives, either. Niang, Terry and Simpson are in the same situation; we either sell them this summer, or they leave free. I think that is going to take a big tall in the European competitions; I've done everything I could to keep them, but no cigar, mostly due to the league and team reps, I suppose. Yet another mistery of how others keep the players and win everything while I can't really keep them the moment they become adults. I do not expect not even win European silverware, but get to a quarterfinal or semifinal anytime soon.

- Season passes - 38, one more than last year.

- Attendance - 381 in average, 34 more than last year.

- Club's value - £11m - £2.75m more than last year.

- Sponsorship - £85k per year, up from the 50k from the past few years.

- Match/Season ticket - £10/£82 - Same as last year.

- The league was up another 8 places, to 50.

- The club went down 2 spots to 88, interesting seeing as we have been doing better and better.

- The league is still 26th, in coefficient.

- Aims for next season:

- I guess I'll have to rebuild the starting eleven without looking like there is a transition period in the club.

2011/12 - Welsh Premiership - 9th 39p - 4th round Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Champions!

2012/13 - Welsh Premiership - 6th 44p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!?!

2013/14 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 70p - Semis Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year!

2014/15 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 61p - 3rd Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup

2015/16 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 65p - Finalist Welsh Cup - Finalist Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year...yay.

2016/17 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 61p - 4th Round Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2017/18 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 65p - QF Welsh Cup - 1st round Loosemores Cup - Manager of the Year

2018/19 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 68p - QF Welsh Cup - Final Loosemores Cup

2019/20 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 78p - Welsh Cup Winner! - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2020/21 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 82p - Welsh Cup finalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Manager of the Year!

2021/22 - Welsh Premiership - 2nd 62p - Welsh Cup semifinalist - Loosemores Cup Winner! - Euro group stages

2022/23 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 69p - Welsh Cup finalist - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro 4th round - Manager of the Year!

2023/24 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 62p - QF Welsh Cup - QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Group Stages

2024/25 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 73p - QF Welsh Cup - Loosemores Cup Winners! - Champions League Group Stages

2025/26 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 72p - Welsh Cup winners!- QF Loosemores Cup - Euro Cup group stages

2026/27 - Welsh Premiership - 1st 75p - Welsh Cup winners!- QF Loosemores Cup - CL group stages - Euro Cup round of 32

Best of the best: 2025/26

Most games:

Ashley Jones - CM - 411 games *

Christos Angeli - ST - 406 games *

Paul Sadler - CB - 284 games

Niang - RM - 311 games *

PRatt - CB - 269 games *

* Still in the team.

Most goals:

Christos Angeli - ST - 229 goals in 406 app *

Ashley Jones - CM - 81 goals in 411 app *

Kostas Nikolaou - ST - 92 goals in 192 games *

Nathan Collins - ST - 108 goals in 268 app *

Scottish Kerr - CM - 74 goals in 226 app *

XaW - Donawitzer Sportverein Leoben - Austrian tipp3-Bundesliga - Season 2013/14 End of season report

23mmo2g.jpg

League Table | League Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Our first season in the top flight was a tough one. We started very slow and didn't get our first win before the 15th game, although we got our fair share of draws to at least manage some points. After getting some good wins the winter break stopped our form. Upon our return we continued in a trot and struggled to get points. Towards the end of the season there were a change in mentality in the players, as if though they realized the posibility of relegation. We ended the season on a 7 match unbeaten run, to get us up and above the relegation spot. Some lucky results the last couple of games helped us to finish in 7th. However we were far adrift the "big three" here in Austria. Red Bull Salsburg, Austria Wien and Sturm Graz ran away early on and finished with a gap of almost 30 points down to 4th place. It seems my goals must be to get ahead of the pack below the "big three" before I can think of challenging for the Champions League spots.

In the ÖFB-Cup we were handed easy draws as far as the semis. We met lower league teams all the way, before fellow Bundesliga outfit FC Admira were our opponents in the semi-finals. Emin Sulimani scored the only goal of the match in our 0-1 victory. This ment we were going to the final! The only team standing in our way of our first major trophy was Austria Wien, who allready had won the league the week before and were looking for the double. We were in good form, however and led by a brilliant Sergey Politevich we managed to win 2-0 and claiming the cup! This also ensure us a place in the Europa League next season where we enter in the 4th qualifying round.

Financially we are in trouble. We are losing money every month, and the chairman has injected some cash in our coffers to keep us alive. Still with european matches next season it could mean we are heading for brighter days, hopefully.

Season		League		Position	Europe		Achievments
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Erste Liga         5th            N/A            Mid table
2012/13	       Erste Liga	  1st		 N/A		Promotion
2013/14	       Bundesliga	  7th		 N/A		Won the cup, qualified for Europe

NK Olimpija Osijek - 2.HNL (Croatian First Division) - 2016/2017 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Pre-season

Decided to make a proper effort for promotion, which included assuming my intentions to the board (season objective: promotion, instead of top half), and giving top win bonus to my players, despite the club being in need of a little money. Thankfully I managed to sell two youngsters for about 100K each, and my board amazingly agreed to let me scout all over the world, so now I could actually buy players, and from anywhere I wanted. I went to search the african clubs and brought a pack of 6 players from there.

League

A shaky start with a worrying draw in the opening match at Dragovoljac quickly turned into a string of wins and we were in no time leading the table. We then lost to this years surprise team Medjimurje, letting Croatia Sesvete lead for a while but soon we were back at the top and went into the winter break leading by a solid 5 points.

After the winter break things got even easier as we won 7 matches in a row, while the other teams couldn't decide on who was going to emerge as our rivals and everyone let us escape. We had a lead of 13 points but when the games that could clinch promotion mathematically arrived, we slipped twice and only finally did it when we beat Pomorac with 3 games to go. Amusingly, the players must've partied a bit too hard as we lost 5-1 right after that, our biggest ever defeat. In the end we beat Slaven Belupo again to gather a mammoth 16 points lead over them, also setting a new 2.HNL points record, a spectacular 67 from 30 matches.

Cup

We got some funny opponents as first we were matched again against Granicar Zupanja, my old team. I beat them 1-0 with a late goal in a tight game. Then I got my career's first ever local derby, as we were drawn against NK Osijek, our city's biggest team. 2516 fans shown up (a new record) to watch us lose 2-1 despite dominating most of the game, a bitter way to be eliminated.

Info

League: CHAMPIONS (League Table) (Progress)

Cup:

Preliminary round - 1-0 (H) vs Granicar (Z)

1st round - 1-2 (H) vs Osijek

(Transfers)

(Squad and stats)

Best eleven

GK - Gérson Coimbra - He's been with us for a few years now, but only now I decided to try him as I felt he was finally ready. Did well as I played him every single competitive minute of the year.

DR - Alex Kalou - The cheapest from the new african pack, was perhaps the dodgiest player in our back four but not that much of a liability.

DL - Marcel Novko - Back in the starting eleven after a few attempts to throw him into the team that had gone horribly wrong, this time did quite well.

DC - Ivan Buljubasic - One half of a legendary duo of centre-backs (for this level), was on top of his game all year long.

DC - Vladisa Vasic - An amazing season that saw him score an incredible 8 goals from set-pieces and dominate the defensive part of the game as well. 7.52 average rating!

MC - Oumar Ettien - Olimpija's most expensive player ever (12K!) did well as much as the most defensive-minded midfielder can do as this position never shines in my tactic.

MC - Mario Gregurina - Poljak was getting old and I figured it was Gregurina's turn after 2 years of bench anonimity. Came alive late in the year with a few goals, scoring 2 in the game that gave us promotion.

AML - Igor Acimovic - Another player that came alive late in the season (after an injury), is still one of our stars and has now became the player with more appearances under my command: 122 league games. An assist machine.

AMR - Mrisho Ngassa - Struggled badly for a while with the pressure of a lot of teams being interested in him, yet was still a key player as he's just too talented for this level.

SC - Andrija Jukic - I was worried that our star striker Sablic was now too old, thankfully Jukic rised up to the occasion and became the league's top goalscorer plus player of the year.

SC - Josip Fucek - Picking Sablic's direct replacement was more of an headache! I tried a few different options in here and ended up having to stick with Fucek who is aging rapidly as well and certainly not good enough for the 1.HNL next year.

Conclusions

A nice season to chill out to, after the frustrations of the previous years, as promotion was all but guaranteed from mid-season onwards. However I'm a bit wary of playing in the 1.HNL - I've played against 1.HNL teams in the cup for the last 3 seasons and suffered 3 home defeats. Thankfully the value of all my players has gone way up after promotion, and a new board has decided to take a 775K loan with relatively soft payments, which should provide us some cash to invest into the future.

A slightly worrying thing is that I cannot use the same trick of raiding Africa for lots of players again, as I can only play 6 foreigners at once. They do get the croatian nationality very rapidly, in 2 years, which means that 1 year from now I'll be able to do it again as everyone will stop being counted as a foreigner.

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe             Notes[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6226936&viewfull=1#post6226936]2014/15[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6243633&viewfull=1#post6243633]2015/16[/url]    2.HNL - 3rd      1st round    ---                Missed promotion by 1 point
2016/17    2.HNL - 1st      1st round    ---                Champions and promoted

j.hillard's Afan Lido - Season 2013/14

afanlidobadge.jpg

League (League Table)

We improved again to take Afan Lido's first welsh premier title after a close fought battle with Llanelli and Haverfordwest. We were clearly the three best teams in the league and my late season signings made the difference.

Europe

Our first taste of european football went well as we got through two rounds of Euro Cup qualifying. In the first qualifying round we drew HJK of Finland. A 1-1 draw in Finland followed by a 3-1 home win saw us through to play Zestaponi of Georgia. A 0-0 draw away was backed up by a 1-0 home win. The 3rd qualifying round saw us play the mighty Partizan Belgrade. We lost 2-0 in Belgrade before getting thumped 4-1 at home to end our european run.

Domestic Cups

An improvement in the Welsh Cup saw us reach the semi finals, falling to Airbus. Our defence of the Loosemoores League Cup ended before it started with a loss to Llanelli in the 1st round.

Transfers (Transfers)

Summer transfers were slow again but as before I managed to pick up some quality free transfers towards the back end of the season. These players were (mostly regens) released by english premier clubs so should have good potential. The pick of the bunch are Scott Holt, Sam Stewart and former Chelsea man Josh McEachran! I also picked up former Swansea City forward Kerry Morgan.

The Numbers

Here are some numbers which should help keep track of the clubs/leagues progress:

Average Attendance - 179 - up 63

Club Value - £300k - up £50K

Sponsership - £6.56k

Club Coefficient - 0.100, 501st

League Rating - 464th (0.5 star) - down 101

League Coefficient - 0.750, 53rd (of 53) - down 4 places

Awards

I was named Welsh Premier Manager of the Year.

Paul Jones was named Welsh Premier Young Player of the Year.

Arron Davies was named Welsh Premier Player of the Year.

Career Summary

Season League Welsh Cup League Cup Europe Other Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12 8th 3rd Rnd 1st Rnd N/A None
2012/13 4th QF Winners N/A Won European Places Playoff
2013/14 1st SF 1st Rnd Euro Cup 3rd QR Manager of the Year
[/Code]

[b]Aims For Next Season[/b]

Retain the title and try and get through a few rounds of Champions Cup qualifying.

Budafok 2016/17 Hungarian 1st Division

Table

Positions

This season was a chance at the title missed as Debrecen, the champions from the last 2 years failed to win in their first 8 games which included a 4-0 hammering by my team. Unfortunately Budafok also made uncertain start with a few poor home results.

Debrecen didn't lose again all season and by the midseason break, after 20 games were top from Budafok on goal difference. I won 7 games in a row after the break to keep up the pressure but Debrecen also won 7 in a row to win the title with a game to spare.

I reached the semi-finals of the league cup before going out.

In the hungarian cup i went all the way to the final for the first time. The final proved a one-sided affair.

In Europe i went out in the 2Q Rd of the Euro cup, losing in my first match to a grey Georgian team 2-1 and only drawing 1-1 at home.

Squad

Transfers

The money situation (i was a million in the red at the time) meant i sold my star keeper Nana, which left me short for the 2nd half of the season. For the fist part of the season Wozniak was on fire but barely scored after nov, luckily Nana took over to end up as my top scorer. I signed Ivan at the start of the season and he provided a real threat from the right wing chipping in with 11 goals.

Kila was his usual solid self with Kouassi providing a great defensive partner.

Season            League               Position       Hungarian Cup               League Cup          Euro Cup                 Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                        -                 -                          None
2012/13        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                        -                 -                          None
2013/14        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                        -                 -                          None
2014/15        Second Division        1st                2nd Rd                        -                 -                          None
2015/16        First Division         3rd                3rd Rd                     1st Stage            -                          European Qualification
2016/17        First Division         2nd                Winners                    Semi-final         2nd QRd                      European Qualification, HC Winners

League Ranking

15/16 71st place (2*)

16/17 52nd place (2.5*)

17/18 59th place (2*)

Next seasons aims

Try to improve the squad further as much as the financial situation will allow.

Get further in europe this time

Catch Debrecen, last season they made the last qualifying rd of the CL and the euro group stage, this enabled them to spend 4 million on transfers, by comparision i have only ever spent 3K on 1 player in 6 years.

j.hillard's Afan Lido - Season 2014/15

afanlidobadge.jpg

League (League Table)

A second title was secured with a few games to spare. Its seems like a big 3 is forming as Llanelli and Haverfordwest again occupied 2nd and 3rd spots.

Europe (European Results)

A first crack at the Champions Cup and we were continually handed favourable draws. A 13-0 agg win over Spora and a 5-2 agg win over Derry City saw us face Dinamo Zagreb. A 2-2 away draw was followed up by a 2-1 home win to leave us one round away from the group stages. In our way were Zillina. A 0-0 away draw was backed up by a stunning 5-2 win at home to send us into the group stages at the first attempt! Stunning.

We were welcomed to the big boys club by getting spanked 5-1 in Benfica. The fairytale resumed though as we took down FC Kobenhavn 2-1 at home before we secured a stupendous 0-0 draw at the Bernabau where Lewis Price saved Kaka's 90th minute pently. HERO. Reality then took over as Madrid beat us 3-0 in Wales and then Benfica destroyed us 7-0. Even FC Kobenhavn had the cheek to beat us 6-2 in Denmark. Despite being completely outclassed in the second round of matches our 4 points was still enough to come 3rd and leave us in the Euro Cup.

We were drawn with Belgians Lokeren. Winnable. Or so I thought until we lost 4-1 away. Then came the home game, I was in dreamland as we took a 4-0 lead, yes 4-0! But then Lokeren scored twice and our run was over.

Domestic Cups

We took our first Welsh Cup with a 3-0 victoy over Neath. The Loosemoores League Cup saw us come close to a treble but we fell in the semi finals.

Transfers (Transfers)

As pretty much no one decent would sign in the summer I left things until the back end of the season again and picked up some more quality free transfers who hadn't been snapped up yet. Again these players were mostly regens released by english premier clubs. The pick of the bunch are Ben Thompson, Habib Mustafa and Harry Kane.

The Numbers

Here are some numbers which should help keep track of the clubs/leagues progress:

Average Attendance - 251 - up 72

Club Value - £5.5M - up £5.2M

Sponsership - £6.56k

Club Coefficient - 9.850, 163rd - up 9.750, up 338 places

League Rating - 638th (0.5 star) - down 174 despite my heroics!

League Coefficient - 4.250, 35th (of 53) - up 3.500, up 18 places

Awards

Scott Holt was named Welsh Premier Young Player of the Year.

Career Summary

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 1st Winners SF 3rd in CL Group, EC 1st KO Manager of the Year, Can now scout all of Europe
[/Code]

Continue domestic dominance and try to secure a domestic treble.

Try and get into the Champions Cup group stage again.

Improve training facilities to help all the english regens i've signed improve quicker.

Go full time professional.

Dunloy 2019/20 Season Update - Northern Irish First Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Second Division - 2nd, Promotion!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Winners of Intermediate, Steel & Sons Cup - Promotion!

2013/14 - Premier Division - 1st, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2014/15 - Premier Division - 3rd, 4th in Champions League Group Stage, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup

2015/16 - Premier Division - 1st, 4th in Europa League Group Stage, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co-An Shield

2016/17 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co. An Shield

2017/18 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2018/19 - Premier Division - 1st, 1st Knockout Round of CL, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

2019/20 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, Europa League Runner up, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield

2020/21 - Premier Division - 1st, 2nd in CL Group Stage, CL Qtr Final, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, League Cup, Co. An Shield - Clean Sweep!

38 Pld, 29 Won, 9 Drn, 0 Lst, 90 For, 13 Ag, +77 GD, 96 Pts

League / Domestic Cups: What can I say, another season, another 38 undefeated league games - this now brings my league games without losing to 154 - surely this run has to end sooner or later? I also managed to take out all 4 domestic cups to take out the domestic clean sweep for the second time in my career.

2021 League Table

One thing to note is that due to my performances in Europe the Premier Division now has 2 CL spots - let's see if the Linfield or any of the other sides can do anything in Europe (note that no Northern Irish team has won a single European game in the last few seasons!)

League Reputation: 42nd (-13) - between Scottish League Cup and Czech First Division

Club Coefficient: 18th (-4) - between At. Madrid and AS Monaco FC

National Coefficient: 12th (0) - between Ukraine and Austria

Europe: Due to the improved national coefficient I started in the 3rd Qual Round this season, and again had no problem getting through to the group stage:

3rd Qual Rnd v Nafta (Slovenia): 3-0 (A), 2-2 (H)

Playoff v APOEL (Cyrpus): 2-0 (H), 4-0 (A)

The Group stage saw me up against Porto, Deportivo and HSV - quite a reasonable draw as far as CL Groups go. I started well, with 2-1 home win against Deportivo, an unlucky 0-1 away loss against Porto, and a 2-1 home win against HSV, but then I slipped up with a 1-1 away draw against HSV and a 1-3 away loss against Deportivo. Suddenly, I needed a point against group leader Porto, or for results to my way, in order to qualify.

Things against Porto started badly, and by the 50th minute I was 0-3 down! But then a red card for Porto turned things around, and Dunloy goals in the 54th, 66th and 83rd minute saw Dunloy get 1 point which was enough for Dunloy to go past the CL group stage for the second time in Dunloy's history!

2021 Champions League Group Stage

CL 1st Knockout Round v Bayer 04 Leverkusen: 2-1(H), 3-1(A): A tight home leg saw Dunloy walk away with a 2-1 win thanks to a missed penalty by the Germans. The away leg was dominated by Leverkusen, and they went up 1-0 in the 26th minute. This stayed this way until the 76th minute, where Dunloy scored a penalty, followed by two coutner-attack goals in the 85th and 90th minute which saw Dunloy leave with a 5-2 aggregate win!

CL Qtr Final v Manchester United: 1-4(A), 3-3(H): The away leg was completly dominated by Man U, and a 35 year old Wayne Rooney dominated, scoring 2 in a 1-4 loss. The home leg looked to be heading the same way, with United 0-2 up within 20 minutes - but then a red card for 33 year old Hernandez gave Dunloy a way back into the game, and managed to come away with a 3-3 draw in the home leg - respecatble, but still getting knocked out 4-7 on aggregate. Interestingly, United went on to win the Champions League in penalties against Man City.

Team Summary / Star Players

After my great Europa League cup run last season, I think there was a noticable increase in the club reputation, because, for the first time ever, I signed two non-UK/Irish players, a Bulgarian goalkeeper and a Brazilian / German striker. Whilst neither of them had a massive impact, they are both young players who will hopefully develop in the future.

Of the 11 transfers in for $9.75M, the bulk of that was spent on Scottish striker Kevin Lee from Celtic in the January transfer window:

Kevin Lee: Costing a club record $8.25M, the 21 year old was definatly over priced, but given I had trouble getting anyone half decent to join, I decided to splash out on him. Unfortunatly he was injured just after he joined and only managed 15 games at 7.08 for the season, but at 21 years old he is already one of the best Dunloy players and hopefully he can inprove in the years to come!

Fan's Player of the Year, and Northern Irish Player of the Year, was 24 year old midfielder Stephen Holland:

Stephen Holland: In his 4th season in Dunloy after starting with Liverpool, he really shined, averaging 7.51 in league games and 8.1 in cup games - unfortunatly his European games brought his total record to 43 games, 12 goals, 11 assists and 6 MoM at 7.36 - but that is still a fantastic record!

2021 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Whilst the squad is looking stronger than ever with fairly good depth, the bad news is that 6 of my starting XI have their contract expiring at the end of next season, and simply refuse to sign a contract - in particular my starting keeper for who I have been offered $5M! Now I have the decision of whether to cash in or keep them for another year and lose them for nothing... given I already have $45M in the bank I suspect I hold on to them for one last season, but I suspect there will be some serious rebuilding after next season.

Finances / Facilities

Another good European run, another tidy profit, this time $3M despite spending a record $9.75M on transfers and $10M on facilities upgrades. Total bank balance is now $45M.

2021 Finances

Training Facilities: Top

Youth Facilities: Excelent + Youth Academy

Youth Recruitment: Limited

New Club Records

Average Attendance: 358

Biggest Win: 8-0 v Coagh Utd (H) Premier Division 13/3/2021

Most Games Without Conceeding: 12 - 28/12/2020 to 17/2/2021

Most League Apps for Club: Mike Kelly - 145

Highest Transfer Fee Paid: $8,250,000 (Kevin Lee from Celtic - 5/1/2021)

Highest Transfer Fee Received: $425,000 (Alex Harper to Bohemians - 6/1/2021)

Total Transfer Spending: $9,750,000

Actually, I've just gone through my best 18 and they all refuse to sign a new contract. In fact, of my whole senior squad, only a handful of players will agree to renew their contracts, which is strange as I have never had this problem with my Dunloy squad - I wonder if it has anything to do with the latest patches?

Has anyone else had this problem after installing the latest patches?

Hello,

I have recently been flickering between different challenges, and not being able to concentrate on one alone. However, I have now started one on this challange, and fully intend to see this through. Although I am not saying I will be able to complete the ultimate aim...:)

Although I have not read the entire thread fully, I decided to go with a nation that I though was rarely used, so have plumped for the might of the Slovakian Second Division. It was a tough choice when the newly promoted sides were made apparent, and after much deliberation it was Spartak Myjava that drew the short straw and ended up with me as there manager.

Here is my manager profile.

Wish me luck!!

Note: I have already played most of the first season, so a summary will be up hopefully later today.

XaW - Donawitzer Sportverein Leoben - Austrian tipp3-Bundesliga - Season 2014/15 End of season report

23mmo2g.jpg

A great season by the pride of Loeben. We started good, but it was soon clear only two teams were competing for the title this season, Red Bull Salzburg and Austria Wien. They had a good lead eary on, so the fight was for third place. Rapid Wien, Mattersburg and ourself were the ones who managed to get slightly away from the rest of the pack. Lead by a great season from defender Sergey Politevich, we managed to secure the spot, but only in the final match. Many others have also exceeded espectations this season, but more on that later.

In the ÖFB-Cup we were handed easy draws as far as the quarterfinals, meeting only lower league teams. The quarterfinal, however, lined us up against Red Bull Salzburg, one of the giants in Austria. In a thriller of a match, where Sergey Politevich once again showed his skill by scoring two goals, it ended 4-3 to us, and we were trough to the semis. There we were up against Sturm Graz, a team we have struggled to beat. We were clear underdogs, but I felt we had a chance if we took our chances. From start to finish they were all over us, but a great performance by our young goalkeeper Christian Benítez we managed to scrape through with a 2-1 win. We had a chance of retaining the cup! When I noticed who our opponent in the final was, I were rather surprised. SC Horn, a lower league team had managed to reach the final of the austrian ÖFB-Cup! They had beaten out a couple of teams from Erste Liga, but had managed to avoid any Bundesliga teams. However, they had a decent squad and could cause some trouble, but still, we should have a good enough team to beat them comfortably. I don't know what happended, if it was complacement or something else, but the final started the worst way it could. In the sixth minutte they got a freekick on the edge of the box, suddenly the ball hit the net and we were 0-1 down. When we equalized after 14 minuttes I was hoping we had awaken enough to get a couple of more goals in. Their goalkeeper had other plans. He was like a brick wall, and we just couldn't get anything more past him. In the end it all went to pens. We scraped through scoring only on 3 out of 7, but luckily that was enough seeing they missed one more. We had retained the title, but SV Horn have more reason to celebrate than us. Still, a title is a title. This once again means we were in Europa League 4th qualifying round next year.

Speaking of Europa League, we had our first european stint this season. After watching some of the other teams battle trough the first three qualifying rounds, our name was in the draw for the fourth. Unsurprisingly, we were not seeded for the draw which saw us up against turkish outfit Bucaspor. The first match was away, and at half time we were 0-1 down not having anything resembling a chance. We chanced it around some, and it payed of as we got the vital away goal when Roland Linz scored. After that it was all about holding on and not conceeding anymore. Finally it ended 2-1 to Bucaspor. The rematch at home was a different matter, here we came out guns blazing, but couldn't find the goal. In the second half it was once again Sergey Politevich who managed to get us on the scoreboard. This of course prompted the turks to start attacking again. We saw our chances to take some counter attacks, and doubled our lead by an own goal a couple of minuttes before full time. In the end we managed to avoid conceeding any and we were through to the group stage after the 3-2 aggregate win.

In the group stage we were drawn against Spartak Moscow of Russia, Nancy of France and FK København of Denmark. We ended bottom as expected, but got two points and left with our honor.

Finances are looking good, much thanks to our european adventure, but also for the sale of some players. We picked up a young norwegian at the start of the season hoping he could develope into a good player, but after only half a season we were approaced by norwegians Tromsø. They wanted to know how much we would want to let them talk to the player. I were reluctant, but set a price of £1.1M hoping it would scare them away, but to my surprise they accepted. Easy come, easy go apparently. We are now got a steady £1.5M in the bank and things are looking good. Hopefully we might be able to challenge even further for the title next season. I want to play with the big boys in the Champions League, but I'll manage with Europa League for now.

2014/15	       Bundesliga         3rd        EL Group Stage     Won the Cup, qualified for Europe

NK Olimpija Osijek - 1.HNL (Croatian Premier Division) - 2017/2018 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Pre-season

The first season for Olimpija at the croatian top level brought a lot of financial goodies: a 1.5M€ TV money prize filled our pockets, our squad players were now worth a whole lot more, and a lot more fans were expected to come watch our matches. This allowed us to spend a lot more money in wages and transfers, but I saved a bit of that as I couldn't find expensive transfer targets that were worth it - decided to persuade the board to improve some of our facilities instead. The media predicted us to end 10th, just enough to stay up (11th goes to playoff, 12th goes down) and I was confident we could do it as Junak and Slaven Belupo seemed particularly poor opponents.

The championship

We didn't have a good start. Got 1 point only from the first 5 matches and we had already lost to Slaven Belupo (who I thought we were going to fight with to stay up). We were last! Everything changed with two big away wins (3-0, 5-0 over Istra 1963 and Junak), and we slowly started climing the table. And climbing.. and climbing... and climbing. By December we had a great string of 5 consecutive wins (including over the giants Hajduk and Dinamo!!) and we were now in a safe mid-table position in 6th.

We had to sell our star Mrisho Ngassa in January as Molde paid the release clause, yet this is where things got really funky as we kept on doing our thing while no other team would truly gel into great form. We started getting into the fight for european places and I noticed we were actually closing in on the table leaders. A fight broke out for the title between Dinamo, Hajduk, Sibenik and us, and 3 games from the end we were all within 3 points. 2 games from the end, all 4 teams were within 2 points! We won our game and then it was all between Dinamo and Olimpija for the last match, even if Dinamo had to lose points for us to become surprise champions. Unfortunately we lost at Cibalia while Dinamo won at Sibenik, but it was still completely crazy to grab 2nd place and have been so close! Specially after having started the season so badly...

Cup

The bug struck again and we didn't play in the cup. Maybe that was fixed in the latest patch but I'm still on 11.1.1 as I don't want my tactics to stop working if I install it!

Info

League: 2nd (League Table) (Progress)

Cup:

Did not participate.

(Transfers)

(Squad and stats)

Best eleven

GK - Gérson Coimbra - ****ed off a few team-mates as he reacted badly to the interest of a lot of clubs in him, but is still #1.

DR - Nikola Tkalcic - Good season from this new signing who arrived from Bosnia, dominated the position all year long.

DL - Marcel Novko - Did okay but I can notice that he's struggling a little more at this higher level.

DC - Vladica Vasic - Already captain at the age of 23 as he has become one of our greatest stars.

DC - Stipe Buric - Climbed to the first eleven as Buljubasic was a bit disappointing, however had a bad injury ending his season early.

MC - Dalla Coulibaly - This experienced signing had a solid year, but probably won't have much of a future here as I've just paid 140K€ for a very promising argentinian midfielder who is giving him a good fight.

MC - Oumar Ettien - Used in a slightly more attacking role this season and he progressed seamlessly along with the club.

AML - Igor Acimovic - Had a brilliant start to the season, but a long-term injury hit him later on and his temporary replacement Raphael Toure actually had an higher average rating.

AMR - Mrisho Ngassa - Couldn't stop him from moving to Norway in January as Molde paid the release clause. We're missing him as we haven't found a decent substitute yet.

ST - Andrija Jukic - Another player who had a seamless transition to the 1.HNL, scored loads and gained his first cap for Australia.

ST - Seydou Diabakaté - I had a big problem with strikers again, until this guy suddenly started scoring a lot. I was just about to give up on him, had something like 2 goals in 25 games for the club!

Conclusions

This was a mega exciting season as we went from a horrible start into almost winning a crazy second championship in a row, in different divisions. The sky is our limit now as I expect we'll get a lot more money next year from Europa League and domestic TV money. I'm just not sure if we can already win the title but we'll certainly try our best.

Meanwhile a very interesting opponent is emerging in the form of Granicar Zulanja, who finally was back to the 2.HNL and immediately gained promotion to the 1.HNL. They're the 3rd richest club in Croatia worth 12M€ (we're worth 1.1M) thanks to the backing of their billionare, of course. I'm looking forward to facing them again!

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe             Notes[/b]
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6187670&viewfull=1#post6187670]2011/12[/url]    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6195698&viewfull=1#post6195698]2012/13[/url]    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                Avoided relegation
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6212679&viewfull=1#post6212679]2013/14[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6226936&viewfull=1#post6226936]2014/15[/url]    2.HNL - 4th      1st round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6243633&viewfull=1#post6243633]2015/16[/url]    2.HNL - 3rd      1st round    ---                Missed promotion by 1 point
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6276421&viewfull=1#post6276421]2016/17[/url]    2.HNL - 1st      1st round    ---                Promoted, 2.HNL champions
2017/18    1.HNL - 2nd      ---          ---                Fought for the title, qualified for Europe

Bohemians Praha Season Update 2020-2021

Bohemians_St%C5%99%C3%AD%C5%BEkov.gif

Some fabulous updates in here, great to see such effort being put into this. A shame that the same cannot be said for me :thdn:Here is the league table for a season that saw us continue our good work and maintain our domestic title, and besides that there is nothing else I feel like reporting on. We negotiated our way through to the Champions League group stage for the first time and that in itself was amazing so the fact we lost every game is not an issue for me, I am pleased with how we performed on that front.

I have fallen massively out of love with my save right now but I will come back to it and defeat this challenge :D

Season        Division            Position  Pohár ČMFS      Europe           Achievements 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012     Druhá Liga          11th      3rd Round       N/A              N/A
2012/2013     Druhá Liga          2nd       2nd Round       N/A              Promoted
2013/2014     Gambrinus Liga      6th       Final           N/A              N/A
2014/2015     Gambrinus Liga      5th       4th Round       N/A              N/A
2015/2016     Gambrinus Liga      5th       2nd Round       N/A              N/A
2016/2017     Gambrinus Liga      3rd       4th Round       N/A              Qualified for Euro Cup
2017/2018     Gambrinus Liga      3rd       Semi Final      EC Group Stage   Qualified for Euro Cup
2018/2019     Gambrinus Liga      2nd       2nd Round       EC 4th Quali.    Qualified for Euro Cup
2019/2020     Gambrinus Liga      1st       Final           EC 4th Quali.    Qualified for Champions League
2020/2021     Gambrinus Liga      1st       4th Round       CL Group Stage   Qualified for Champions League

Good result, but it's no 20-0 as B.W.G. managed with his side! I've managed a couple of 8-0 results in Northern Ireland with my Dunloy team, but given they have been unbeaten for over 150 league games now (and counting), it's safe to say the other sides haven't exactly been providing a lot of opposition.

Good work on getting into Europe, whilst you didn't make much progress in the Group Stage, sinmply qualifying for them a few seasons in a row should give your finances a nice boost

What the hell is up with a czech team having a kangaroo as a symbol?

:D I was similarly confused when I was out there so when I picked the team I did a little research. Here is what Wiki has to say:

Bohemian's mascot is a kangaroo, the legacy of a 1927 tour of Australia. Following the tour, the club was awarded two live kangaroos, which they donated to the Prague Zoo. :thup:

Good result, but it's no 20-0 as B.W.G. managed with his side! I've managed a couple of 8-0 results in Northern Ireland with my Dunloy team, but given they have been unbeaten for over 150 league games now (and counting), it's safe to say the other sides haven't exactly been providing a lot of opposition.

Good work on getting into Europe, whilst you didn't make much progress in the Group Stage, sinmply qualifying for them a few seasons in a row should give your finances a nice boost

Yeah, not nearly as good as B.W.G, but still one of the best results I've had in FM11. Had a couple of 10+ in FM10, but this is the best so far in this version.

Failed to reach the group stage this year. Got beaten by Palermo of Italy. Still, we were no walkover, so that's a positive.

I ****ing hate this game and I ****ing hate this challenge :( It's drawn me in YET AGAIN FFS :mad:

Starting again as Sampion in Slovenia.

GUNDO: reset date in Slovenia is still the first of July

This is almost exactly how I feel. I haven't bought FM11, but looking at this thread is almost making me want to so I can try, yet again, to complete the challenge in Slovenia.

Closest I have ever got was the QF in FM2008 with Sampion. I'm hoping that if I do take it on, the dynamic league rep might help me at some stage.

Still, delighted that still nobody has ever completed it in Slovenia. I don't know what I would do if someone beat me to it after 4 years of trying!

SpartakMyjava.jpg?t=1292959973

Note: Apologies for not supplying many links, I intend to be more descriptive in future seasons.

Spartak Myvala – Slovak Second Division – 2011/12

I was a promising start to the season for newly promoted Spartak Myjava, and early season form really indicated a push for a reasonable high league placing. I am not saying promotion was on the cards, but a finish much higher than the board expectations were suggesting. However, half way through the season, the board and media were clearly on the money with their message of attempt to avoid relegation, as the slump began. A run of eight consecutive losses soon pushed me into the relegation places, and a real threat of having to re-join the job queue. A slight re-shuffle in personnel, and tactics gave us a few decent victories, and moved the club out of the bottom two, and with a final league placing of 10th (out of 12) I was satisfied with the first season.

Final League Table

The Slovakian Cup didn’t come to much, as we fell at the first hurdle to non-league club Topoicany on penalties. Obviously I used the ‘we can now concentrate on the league’ excuse :)

Senegalese defensive midfielder Cheikh Amdy Gueye was nominated as player of the season, but to be honest, was the pick of a bad bunch.

[b]Season[/b]      [b]League[/b]               [b]Placing[/b]     [b]Slovak Cup[/b]
2011-2012   Slovak 2nd Division  10th        1st Round

So, onwards and upwards – lets see what a new season brings. My immediate aims will be to move further up the table, and maybe a good cup run to boost finances, as I am struggling to attract any players that would improve my ageing squad. On that note, I will probably blood more of the youth squad, as the current first team are mostly above 30.

Damnit! I'm losing two of my best players on free after this season. I've tried to offer a new contract for over a year, but the agents won't even let me speak to them. Now both are going to Paris St. Germain for free...

Albert Latorre and Edoardo Cacciatore are the ones I'm losing. I'm having trouble getting good replacements since no one their quality want to join me yet...

Bridgend Town - Principality Welsh Premier League 2025/26

No transfers were made during the season.

Competitions

League - Table - We won with a new record amount of goals scored. I honestly don't think we will get near that amount again. Goytre are the newly promoted side for the next season and they have gone pro so the whole league is now professional.

Champions League - Winners - 3rd Champions League victory on the run and out 1st within 90 minutes. This was my main aim and we succeeded. Funny enough we beat Arsenal by a 3 goal margain when we faced each other in the Euro Cup final in 2023!

Club World Cup - Winners - We beat Brazil's finest in a ding dong battle which pocketed us a few million for winning. We easily won our semi-final match against Melbourne Victory 9-0.

Super Cup - Winners - We dominated most of the game but Genoa did make it a battle and had a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside when we were 1-0 up so the decision can be seen to have had an imapct on the game.

Welsh Cup - Winners - We dominated from start to finish, its just a shame we didn't score any more as they are our nearest rivals afterall.

League Cup - Winners - My favourite win of the season as it was against TNS and we even scored twice with 10 men on the pitch...WOOOOOO!

Players/Awards

David Stewart was top scorer with 81 goals throughout the season. He won top scorer, european golden boot, Welsh Player of the Year, Player of the Year, Champions League best player and Club World Championship best Player and Fans Player of the Year.

Alan Williams topped the Assist chart with 41, was also neglected when it came to awards.

Saeed Al-Qarni won Young Welsh Player of the Year.

Rob Yates was champions league top scorer with scoring 13 goals in 15 games.

We dominated Team of the Season

Expectations

Bridgend are now ranked Number 1 in Europe!!

The Welsh Prem is now ranked at 13th.Not long before it is ranked above the Scottish Prem!!

My only expecatation is to continue with what I am doing which is drag the Welsh league up.

Season     League    Cup              C.League      Euro Cup     Achievements
2011/12    2nd      Runners Up        N/A             N/A        Euro Cup Qualifcation
2012/13    1st      Winners           N/A             2nd QL     Domestic Treble
2013/14    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble
2014/15    1st      Winners           2nd QL          N/A        Domestic Treble.     
2015/16    1st      Winners           Play Off        Group      Domestic Treble.
2016/17    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2017/18    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2018/19    1st      Winners           Group Stage     N/A        Domestic Treble
2019/20    1st      Winners           Group Stage     Q.Finals   Domestic Treble.
2020/21    1st      Winners           Q.Finals        N/A        Domestic Treble.
2021/22    1st      Winners           Semi-Final      N/A        Domestic Treble.
2022/23    1st      Winners           Group Stages    Winners    Quadruple (WP,WC,LC,EC)
2023/24    1st      Winners           Winners         N/A        Quadruple (WP,WC,LC,CL)
2024/25    1st      Winners           Winners         N/A        Global Domination!
2025/26    1st      Winners           Winners         N/A        Global Domination!

Next update.....World Cup 2026!!!

World Cup 2026-Holland

We were among the favourites to win the World cup at the start and it would be tough to do so. I decided to use the same tactic as I used with Bridgend throughout the years.

Group Stages - Table - We were given a straight forward group which consisted of Chile,Nigeria and Austria,if I didn't top this group then I would have quit. We stuffed Austria 6-0 in the first game, beat Nigeria 2-0 in the 2nd before the battle of the top 2 against Chile. We edged the game 2-1 to top the group with 3 wins out of 3. As a reward, we were drawn against Germany in the 2nd Round.

2nd Round - Match - I was annoyed with how the game ended more then anything we were dominating and went 3-0 up before the came back into the game and scored twice to give it a nervy ending. We got complacent and we cannot afford to do this in the latter stages. The shocks of the 2nd round were Cameroon beating Argentina, Turkey beating Brazil and Chile dumping Spain out of the Cup (Spain won 2022 WC.) We had another tough tie in the Quarters, this time against Italy.

Quarter Finals - Match - Italy were favourites, Italy dominated but we walked out with the victory to send us to the semi-finals. We took the lead in the 1st minute before being pegged back in the 14th. We scored the winner in the 79th minute which knocked the stuffing out of Italy. We were given a fairly easy tie against Ivory Coast in the semis.

Semi-Finals - Match - We dominated from start to finish, we got the victory but I was disappointed we didn't score more. In the final it will be Holland vs France. France were the runners up in the last WC.

Finals - Match - We were dominated in the 1st half and were lucky not to be more then 1 down at half time. We came back into it in the 2nd half and were more then a match for them, we equalized in the 71st minute and then took the leade in the 80th. This was short lived as France came back to score a 2nd in the 84th minute in which it finished 2-2 in normal time. Extra time was a ding dong battle but we took our chances to score the winner in the 97th minute to crown us the World Champions.

Awards

Jordi Smulders won Best Goalkeeper.

We dominated Best Player.

In the Dream Team, we had 7 players in the first XI and another in the substitutes.

With the victory in the World cup it put me at Number 1 in the Hall of Fame.

XaW - Donawitzer Sportverein Leoben - Austrian tipp3-Bundesliga - Season 2014/15 End of season report

23mmo2g.jpg

Finally we got the league win we have been looking for, but it wasn't easy. Last year it was Red Bull Salzburg and Austria Wien who were the big ones, but this year our hardest competetor was our old nemisis Mattersburg. They still have that arabian oil money and use it like drunken sailors, but get some good players in the process. Red Bull Salzburg had some more problems this year as they sacked their manager towards the end of the season, and the new one couldn't get his team to play as well as the old one. I don't think I'll be able to win next year as I have lost two of my key players to PSG on free(as I have posted a few posts up). We need to replace them this summer in order to keep the title.

In the ÖFB-Cup we were handed easy draws as far as the quarterfinals, meeting only lower league teams. The quarterfinal, however, lined us up against Wacker Innsbruck, we beat them comfortably 4-1 away. In the semi our opponents were Austria Wien, who had slightly fallen from grace this season and we beat them 3-2 without much effort. Then the dreaded final were next, we had the shot of getting our 3rd consecutive cup title and the only ones who stood in our way was Red Bull Salzburg. While they drifted somewhat away from Mattersburg and ourself in the league, they still have a great team. It was 1-1 after 90 minuttes, but we showed great mentality in extra time and went on to win it 3-1.

We were ready for our second stint in Europe, and starting in the 4th qualifying round of the Europa League we were once again unseeded for the draw. This saw us lined up against italian outfit Palermo, and we were up for a challenge. The first match was away, at Renzo Barbera, and we were well defeated. However, they only had one goal before half time, and I hoped we could sneak in a goal to get a possibility to get through, but when we got some people forward they countered in another goal. So a 0-2 defeat and things were looking grim for the rematch. I was still hopefull we could get through, but that hope was fading when Palermo got a goal in the 4th minutte. Still we fought like heroes for the rest of the match and got two goals in to end victorious 2-1, however it was not enough as Palermo won 3-2 on aggregate and ended our adventure in Europe for this season.

We are still in black, but lost quite a lot of money this season since we didn't reach the group stage of the Europa League. Our facilities were downgraded due to "the technological advances" and are now ratet "adequate". The board refuses to upgrade anything or expand the stadium, but with Champions League fotball coming our way next season we should get at least some cash from it.

The most notable players this season has been:

Lasse Andersen - He just turned 17, but has gotten himself a place in our first team squad. Our top scorer this season and a great prospect.

Edinho - Had some injuryproblems this season, but when he plays it's magical. Man Utd has enquired about him several times, but he won't go cheap!

Sergey Politevich - The rock of our defence. He scores for fun at corners and freekicks, were captain this season and will most likely be that for years to come.

Emin Sulimani - He has been with me since my first season and are still one of the most solid performers.

2014/15	       Bundesliga         3rd        EL Group Stage     Won the Cup, qualified for Europe
2015/16        Bundesliga	  1st	      EL 4th Qual	Domestic double, qualified for CL

Edinho - Had some injuryproblems this season, but when he plays it's magical. Man Utd has enquired about him several times, but he won't go cheap!

Well, he didn't go cheap, but he went. The board decided a £7.5M bid from Vitesse was good enough and sold him over my head. That's the 4th player they sell now, and I'm quite frankly getter rather irritated of him.

Today was a very, very slow morning at work so I used my free time to go through all the thread and compile a spreadsheet that makes it easier to track everyone's progress:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aj1lF9thQs6TdGQ0ZGpsZGNQemVGNXFuUDI4RE1pNGc&hl=en

There might be a few mistakes, inconsistencies and a few people I overlooked. That happens when you're skimming past almost 1000 posts.

I'm glad to make it on to the spreadsheet.

Also, welcome back BWG.

j.hillard's Afan Lido - Season 2015/16

afanlidobadge.jpg

The set-up at Afan Lido is getting better as the club goes full time professional and we get a big improvement in training facilities.

League (League Table)

A third successive title and they are getting easier by the year. The big 3 are well established now as Llanelli and Haverfordwest continue to dominate everyone apart from the Lido.

Europe (European Results)

Champions Cup qualifying was much more difficult this time. Aggregate victories over EB/Streymur (3-1), Buducnost (5-2) and Omonoia (4-2) again left us one tie away from the group stage but this time we had to face the mighty Glasgow Celtic, damn! A historic 2-1 win at home gave us hope but we were crushed 4-1 in Scotland and so we missed out on the cash bonanza of the group stage. Things weren't too bad though as went straight into the Euro Cup group stages.

We were drawn with Genoa, Lille and Gladbach and we did quite well! We were unbeaten at home, beating Genoa 1-0 and drawing 1-1 with Gladbach and Lille. We lost 3-1 in Gladbach but a 1-1 draw in Lille and a 2-1 win in Genoa saw us finish in second place on 9 points. We were through to face Aston Villa in the first knockout stage!

Villa were too strong for us, winning 1-0 in Wales and 3-0 at Villa Park. We were out but it was a good run.

Domestic Cups

We wen't out the quarter finals of the Welsh Cup, losing in extra time to Bangor City. We regained the Loosemores League Cup with a 2-1 win over Neath (poor old neath get us in every final!).

Transfers (Transfers)

Not many transfers this season as I start to get picky over which free transfers have potential. Former welsh international Danny Collins was brought in along with two promising regens.

The Numbers

Average Attendance - 266 - up 15

Club Value - £6.6M - up £1.1M

Sponsership - £6.56k

Club Coefficient - 17.500, 115th - up 7.650, up 48 places

League Rating - 473rd (0.5 star) - up 165, finally going up!

League Coefficient - 7.500, 29th (of 53) - up 3.250, up 6 places

Awards

Sam Stewart was named Welsh Premier Player of the Year.

Career Summary

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15 1st Winners SF 3rd in CL Group, EC 1st KO Manager of the Year, Can now scout all of Europe
2014/16 1st QF Winners CL 4th QR, EC 1st KO Manager of the Year, Club turns professional
[/Code]

Continue domestic dominance and try to secure a domestic treble.

Try and get into the Champions Cup group stage again.

Continue to improve any club facilities I can.

Today was a very, very slow morning at work so I used my free time to go through all the thread and compile a spreadsheet that makes it easier to track everyone's progress:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aj1lF9thQs6TdGQ0ZGpsZGNQemVGNXFuUDI4RE1pNGc&hl=en

There might be a few mistakes, inconsistencies and a few people I overlooked. That happens when you're skimming past almost 1000 posts.

Looks really good, great work.

Nice work!

Great work there, interest, interesting to see my Dunloy side is the 2nd most sucesfull side, having reached the CL Qtr Finals, but I only have 3 more seasons to equal (or beat) BWG's achievement - can't see it happening somehow!

Should try and get this added to the first post - whilst it will get outdated soon enough (and I don't expect you to keep it updated), it's still a good snapshot at a point in time

Thar be Dragons in that there Valley!

Barry Town FC

barrytown.png

Barry Town - Principality Welsh Premier - 2011/2012

Well, as my first ever challenge, I was a little nervous. Also, with little to no lower league management experience, Blackie Wallace definitely had his work cut out for him. Starting with no staff, and a fairly threadbear part-time team, it was going to take a lot to guide this once great team back to the top of the Welsh League and beyond...

But first and foremost is survival and I must admit I nearly failed at the first hurdle. My first few games went fairly well. I had signed the promising 20 year old Paul Dejyothin. However, I hadn't brought in enough new players and the ones I did have were dismal. Despite Dejothin leading the leagues scoring table, we were finding wins hard to come by as our defenders and goalkeepers gifted goals to the opposition. In the mid season transfer window, I made a couple of new signings, including a loanee from Neath and a new goalkeeper to try and stop the hemoragh at the back.

Although still bottom of the table, we stabilised with a draw against Bala and Neath. Then, with a mixture of highs (4-1 win over Bangor) and lows (2-3 loss to Newtown) we came to a real crunch game vs Neath. It was a real back and forth game, with my defence woeful (though less-so before the re-shuffle) but Dejothin was still battling up front. We then got to a point where we were 2-2, 5 minutes to go and we were pumping long balls ahead of us to Paul's feet to try and take advantage of the tired Neath defenders. He got past them once, slotted the ball just wide, tried again, ran past.... Then was caught by one of the defenders just outside the box. The defender was red carded and Dejothin lined up the ball in front of the wall. After what seemed like an age, he finally ran up, kicked the ball, sailed into the box, whacked off the head of a lone Neath man sitting in the box and sailed into the top right hand corner.

Final Score, 3-2.

This put me in a good position for my game against fellow relegation battlers, Airbus. A close fought, 2-1 victory over them led me to survive to fight for the title (and european qualification) again.

Competitons:

League: - Table - 11th place. If I hadn't made so much of a hash of my initial foray into the transfer market and built up a solid defence earlier in the season, who knows where we could have been. But to survive and for me to keep my job is better than nothing.

League Cup: - Knocked out in first round.

Welsh Cup: - Knocked out in 3rd round 3-7 by, to add insult to injury, our feeder team Newport YMCA.

Expectations

Build on the base I have built up and try and perform better in the league and associated cups. My finances look a bit shaky so this will have to be done carefully in order to avoid getting into too much trouble. Dejyothin will be named Captain next season as reward for single-handedly keeping us in the league. He is a true giant amongst men and should be saluted. :p

Season     League         Cup            Euro      Achievements
2011/12    11th           Fail            N/A         Survival

'Til next time... May the Dragons be with you.

B.W.G...

How are the other Welsh teams doing in Europe? Have any reached the CL or EC Group stage?

What's The Welsh league's coefficient like? Is the WPL close to getting a second auto qualifying spot in the CL group stage?

It'd be pretty cool to see other Welsh teams piggy-backing off your success. Maybe even get the WPL ranked #1 one day.

kutgw

B.W.G...

How are the other Welsh teams doing in Europe? Have any reached the CL or EC Group stage?

What's The Welsh league's coefficient like? Is the WPL close to getting a second auto qualifying spot in the CL group stage?

It'd be pretty cool to see other Welsh teams piggy-backing off your success. Maybe even get the WPL ranked #1 one day.

kutgw

The other teams haven't been great. TNS have been in the champions league group stage due to me winning the champions league. The only team who have been in the group stage of the Euro Cup is Neath. The WPL isn't that far off a an actual 2nd auto qualifying spot, we are currently in 9th while 6th place will get us a 2nd spot.

TNS are improving slowly as they claimed a victory in the group stages against Leverkusen this season. They needed 5 points to go in the Euro Cup. Also they ran Benfica close even though they lost 5-3.

The Welsh Prem is currently ranked 13th so it isn't far off number 1 :p

XaW - Donawitzer Sportverein Leoben - Austrian tipp3-Bundesliga - Season 2016/17 End of season report

23mmo2g.jpg

Suprisingly, we retained our title ahead of Mattersburg once again. We started greatly and got a lead of 10 point going into the winter break. After the holidays, however, we slipped up quite a lot, but still managed to keep Mattersburg on a good distance. We secured the title with 3 matches to go and let some fringe players get their chances.

In the ÖFB Cup we were looking to get our 4th consecutive title, but were knocked out in the semi finals by Austria Wien.

We were ready for our first try in the Champions League and started in the 3rd qualifying round where we were up against Ventspils of Latvia. We thrashed them over the two legs with a 7-1 aggregate score. The next opponent were Lokomotiv (Sofia) of Bulgaria, and if we beat them we were in the group stage! We won 1-0 at home and settled for a 0-0 on the road. Group stage here we come! We were drawn into a hard group, getting Bayern München of Germany, Lyon of France and Udinese of Italy. It was a hard group, and we ended bottom, but at least we didn't make fools of ourself.

The finances are getting better and better, and since we got into the group stage we got quite a lot to throw around. I've finally reached "Icon" for the club and the board has started to expand the stadium with 1260 seats aswell as improving both our youth and training facilities. The austrian league rank fell a rank last season, so I might not be able to get into the same round of CL as this year, but I'll have to wait and see.

The most notable players this season has been:

Daniel Saporiti - 29 goals and 18 assists speak for itself.

Francisco Villa - The young defender has estabilshed himself as a first team regular and scores for fun as a defender.

Christoph Knasmüllner - He joined us on free and were supposed to be backup, but did his things great.

Miroslav Nespor - The offensive midfielder has run the attack greatly this season.

2015/16        Bundesliga	  1st	      EL 4th Qual	Domestic double, qualified for CL
2016/17	       Bundesliga	  1st        CL Group Stage	Won the league, qualified for CL

Archived