Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

How the hell do you get through seasons so quick B.W.G?

Welsh league is a short season even with cups and I broke my ankle at the start of the week and being in a soft cast till next week, I can barely move :p

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have it on only commetary and no replays, let the ass man deal with friendlies and press conferences as well as ignoring what the other managers say. Saves me plenty of time, it also seems to be much quicker during the matches then it was last year as well.

Almost found the reset date for Holland and then had to come out. So won't be home for a few hours. However B.W.Gs fast progress is making me think I want to go back to flying through seasons too, so I really can't decide where to go.

My choices are Holland (have enjoyed in past, relegation means will get a bit of a challenge in first few seasons), Wales (really fast, but only 1 playable league), Iceland (never touched it, always tell myself I will go there at some point) and Rep of Ireland (looks quite fast, could be diff, enjoyed Northern Ireland the other year).

Please tell me which one you think I should use, and when I get home/tomorrow morning, I will start playing in the most popular of those choices! I apparently get more and more indecisive each year, and may even just go for the 1 reload and take a team from that!

I don't know when the game will be fixed so I can play my Bulgarian game so I searched long and hard and reloaded about 20 times on 5th January 2012 until my kakkonen team of choice was promoted. I give you;

FC Santa Claus

FC_Santa_Claus.png

Profile - Team

Also if someone can make that picture into logos I will be very happy :)

Almost found the reset date for Holland and then had to come out. So won't be home for a few hours. However B.W.Gs fast progress is making me think I want to go back to flying through seasons too, so I really can't decide where to go.

My choices are Holland (have enjoyed in past, relegation means will get a bit of a challenge in first few seasons), Wales (really fast, but only 1 playable league), Iceland (never touched it, always tell myself I will go there at some point) and Rep of Ireland (looks quite fast, could be diff, enjoyed Northern Ireland the other year).

Please tell me which one you think I should use, and when I get home/tomorrow morning, I will start playing in the most popular of those choices! I apparently get more and more indecisive each year, and may even just go for the 1 reload and take a team from that!

Good to see you back Gilbster. I am having the same problem I just dont know where to start. The only thing that would put me off Holland is that they already have a fairly high rep and I want to see the dynamic league rep in operation.

Good luck Quackje :thup:

Bridgend Town - Welsh Principality Premier League - 2014/15

Transfers - wasn't much movement as I was happy overall, the players later signed were recommended by scouts going round the UK.

Competitions

League - Table - Easiest season yet, but with Airbus being taken over at the end of the season by a consortium, it will be more interesting especially with TNS continually signing stronger players.

Champions League - 2nd Qualifying Round - With Welsh teams now playing in the 1st qualifying round, we beat HB 4-2 on agg, we drew the home leg with Basel in a record attendance of 4320 before bareley being beaten in the 2nd leg. The boys did well.

Welsh Cup - Winners - Left it late but the two players who scored both came from Bridgends youth academy :thup:

League Cup - Winners - I personally think this was easier then expected as Airbus were going through the takeover during this period so the manager may have been distracted. A couple weeks later, he was replaced by Daniel Gabbidon like the media said he would be.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year.

Jason Mitchell was a free signing in the 13/14 season but ended up injured for the rest of the season in his 6th game. He repaid my faith by being the Top Scorer in the league and hit 29 in 37 overall. His goal scoring exploits also helped him to win Fans Player of the Year.

Jeff Williams won 2 awards this season, they were Young Player of the Year and Welsh Young Player of the Year. He also contributed with most assists with 16 which was on short of the current record.

There are 2 hot prospects that have come through this season, they are David Stewart (CA 1* PA 5*) and David Hughes (CA 1* PA 5*). The ass man rated David Stewart as the brightest prospect to have come through.

Expectations

Youth facilites are being improved so hopefully I can have more graduates from the academy.

Continue to be domestically strong and Continue to improve in Europe. This may suffer a bit due to the overhauling of the squad and getting rid of the expensive deadwood and trying to get better quality players on cheaper wages.

To try and help raise the reputation of the Welsh Premier as it is now ranked 482nd in Europe. :confused:

Season     League    Cup              Euro       Achievements
2011/12    2nd      Runners Up        N/A        Euro Cup Qualifcation
2012/13    1st      Winners           2nd Ql     Domestic Treble
2013/14    1st      Winners           2nd QL     Domestic Treble
2014/15    1st      Winners           2nd QL     Domestic Treble.

The average attendances have been a bit weird, for the 4 seasons I've finished they have been 66,164,122 and 356. The 356 is mainly down to having two capacity crowds in the champions league. The average attendance in the league has been increasing as well, last season was the 1st season where it was above 100.

My team are NK Livar Ivancna Gorica or Livar for short, and they play in the Slovenian 2nd Division (now anyway). Here is my manager profile.

The reset date is not the 28th of June, but as a simple click of continue took me to the 3rd of July, I can say it's somewhere between those dates, most likely the 1st July.

I have been given a healthy £120k budget, but on a small db with only Slovenian players loaded, it might not be much help.

Decided to give this challenge a go in order to get into FM properly again - and concurrently check out the new dynamic league rep feature. As a Pole, the choice of leagues, for me, was obvious.

So I decided to take over OKS Start Otwock in the First Division.

The start date for Poland isn't the same as FM 10. It's actually June 30th, so if you want the option of reloading, you'll need to save on the 29th. :thup:

I know Polish names are often difficult to pronounce, so I've taken the liberty of linking a guide as to the club name's pronunciation for all the readers here.

I've got an overloaded squad on my hands, with 26 players making up the ranks and a 3000 capacity stadium (1000 seated). I guess my first task, then, is assembling a staff, as I have none, and sifting through the players, deciding who to keep and who to throw on the scrap heap.

Really looking forward to the challenge, it's gonna be great fun - I can't imagine how difficult it's going to be to topple Europe's elite. Can't wait. ;)

Well OK, 2 points out of the first 30, sacked from Belarus. I guess i have to try again.

Man, I suck in all FMs, but in this one I am particularly horrible. I am already turned off playing. I haven't won a game in 14 hours of play.

That was pretty quick. I could put money on the fact that managing in Belarus is harder than in some other countries. Not just for this; I played with Mihashevichi (or something like that) on FM2008, and I couldn't get promoted in 6 or 7 seasons. Not forgetting the fact that I managed a Croatian 4th level club and won First division with them in less than 6 seasons. Last year, played with Siggiewi from Malta and got promoted from 4th to 1st season in 5 seasons I believe. True, I did make my own tactic for every club from nothing and here I used default 4-4-2 for 10 league games. But then again, I didn't buy more than two players before or now. My conclusion? Belarus is harder... :D

I've gone for Croatia, and I'm managing NK Belišće (for the 3rd time!).

NK_Beli%C5%A1%C4%87e.png

I managed them when they were a second division club on FM08, and got into Europe, and then as part of this challenge on FM09, not managing to complete it. Hopefully this time will be different.

I'm through the 1st season already, I'll post an update when I have time later today.

Originally Posted by cookie15viewpost-right.png

Who you managing? I'm in Norway too!

I'll put my profile up soon and all associated screenshots.

As ever I've managed to find another Stavanger based club that came up, it's a club called Brodd IL.:cool:

Did you find a new club or will it be a blast from the past?

Gundo, will you run a table again on this one showing who is managing where and how far they have got?

ie. What league level and how far in Europe?

I won't be unfortunately, I don't have the time anymore.

If anyone is willing to take the job on, that's fine by me.:thup:

BWG - It's strange that it's dropped so much in just a couple seasons, it could make doing Wales juch harder if it takes years just to get a semi-good league rep.

Well with being 482nd at the moment, it will be interesting to see what will happen at the end of the season due to my performances in Europe. If it drops after this season then it will be much harder then I thought.

Szeged - Hungarian Division II East - 2011/12 season review

Well, new edition, same old story. Started off well and after 11 games were only 4 points off the lead. Then went on a horror run without a win for 9 games. We still looked comfortably midtable through most of the season, and I though this time I might get it right first time (instead of the usual 2-3 relegations before gaining momentum).

After a few more poor results, we dropped down the table sitting 13th going into the final round. Teams in 14th to 16th get relegated. I was still confident though as the two teams that could have overtaken us were much poorer than we were. Of course we lost though, and one of them won, sending us back down to Hungarian 3rd tier after just one season.

2011/12 League table

I signed 29 players in total. Many of them passed 30, and perhaps I overdid it a bit. The finances plunged from 49k in the black to 189k in the red.

Our player of the season was a talented Brazilian by the name of Moreira. But even his goals were not enough to secure safety and he immediately asked for a transfer to 'further his career'. I cant blame him, I'm about to do the same.

Let's see who wants a manager with one seasons experience and one relegation on his CV for 2012. Believe it or not, I think there'll be options.

NK Belišće - 2011/12 Review

Croatian Second Division: 3rd (Media prediction 16th)

Croatian Cup: Not entered

A good first season in the Second Division for Crveni, as we surpassed all expectations and came close to securing a play off place. Predicted to finish last of 16, I had no aspirations of finishing anywhere near the top, especially as there were 5 relegated teams from the First Division last season. However, despite an opening day defeat at home to Dragovoljac, we were on course for the play off for the majority of the season, sitting in 2nd, behind perennial leaders Istra 1961.

Things went wrong with 7 games to go. A combination of injuries and suspensions left us with only 2 senior defenders, and without our 2 first choice strikers, for 2 important home games. We lost both, and with it basically lost a chance of promotion. A win at Zagreb in the penultimate game would have seen us leapfrog them into 2nd, but still hit by injuries, we went down 1-0.

Despite the disappointment of missing out on 2nd, it was a highly successful 1st season, and should put us in a good position to challenge at the top again next season.

Finances

There's not a lot of money in this league. We lost money every month, not helped by an average attendance of 322 (actually 7th highest in the division!) EDIT: Just been given £420k for finishing 3rd, that will keep us in the black for a while.

Marin Pejovski

Signed on a free at the start of the season, the 30 year old right winger provided 3 goals and 19 assists in 27 games.

Tomisalv Lukasek

Top goalscorer, though only with 9 goals from 18 games. Injuries reduced his game time, to the detriment of our chances.

The reputation of the First Division has gone up, from 58th to 38th in Europe, while the Second Division is up to 77th from 111th.

Season	Division	MP	Finish	Cup	Europe Notes
2011/12	Second Division	16th	3rd	n/a	n/a

Fastbasher if I can give you some advice, you shouldn't be spending that much on players wages. Often they will highball their requests. Use the scout function to see what figure you should be offering them. I've never had anyone come in with demands equal to what I expect.

Fastbasher if I can give you some advice, you shouldn't be spending that much on players wages. Often they will highball their requests. Use the scout function to see what figure you should be offering them. I've never had anyone come in with demands equal to what I expect.

That Brazilian was the exception and he seemed worth it based on performances. Most of the first teamers were on Ł65 per week. I think there were only four that got more than Ł100 pw, and about four that were below Ł65 pw.

Ł65 pw seemed the magic figure that was the lowest most of them would accept. Anyone accepting less was an utter rubbish player.

Eger - Hungarian Division II East - 2012/13 preview

Well, I was out of a job for exactely four days before newly promoted Eger offered me a contract. I was also offered a job from Soroksár, but Eger is a nice town to base myself in.

I found myself in a similar position as last year, although this time the club had 14 players contracted, but still no staff. I was again given a Ł7500 transfer budget and Ł3900 pw wage budget.

I immediately put advertisements up in the job centre, and approached the best players from my former club. None of them wanted to join however.

Hopefully my new scouts can pull a rabbit or two out of the hat.

Media expectations: 16th (of 16)

My expectations: Too early to say. Will depend on the summer signings

Time for another nailbiting slog through the season

Gilbster - Volsungur - Icelandic First Divsion - 2011

What a tough season. Our performance in the Upper League cup needs to be forgotten as soon as possible, not a single win. Fans weren't happy with that at all. We did though make it to the second round of the Icelandic Cup.

I brought in practically a whole new team, and well they dont' lose too much. The problem is they don;t win huge amounts either. Draws get a bit boring after a while, but we have done enough to ensure survival and a second season.

Table

My aims for the new season are to find a few more players to strengthen the squad, cut a few of my bad players and hopefully perform slightly better.

For some strange reason, I've always wanted to try a game in Iceland, and since someone else is already trying FC Sanata Claus, let's give it a try now, with Vikingur Olafsvik (there's some accents in there too :) ).

Overview

Facilities

Squad

Oddly, it's a much more international squad than I would have expected from a lower league Icelandic team, but what do I know? They do seem to be among my better players, although at this level, it seems better just means slightly less likely to trip over the ball.

After telling the team I can avoid relegation, I've been given a transfer budget of £10k and a wage budget of £245k p/a. Our current wage budget is only £53,144 p/a, so I have some money to hand out, but will anyone want it? We'll see!

What happened to the team from the start of the season? 5 wins in friendly games, one draw and 2 wins in first two league games. Twenty games later, it's relegation battle for FK Gorodeya. I hope we can stay up. We're 12th after 26 games played, 15th and 16th get relegated. Hope is the only thing that's left.

Santa Claus 2012

Santa spent all his money on presents and gave them away so I didn't have a transfer budget and wage budget of £2100 a week. I bought in a bunch of free players, the odd one with talent like Hungarian international Tamás Udvari that my scout found in Hungary and gave 5 stars.

I wasn't happy with the team I had but thats what I had, things started badly and got worse with injuries. The only bright being

(in my opinion) from the most unlikely of sources, backup DM Harri Aaltonen (now thrown out the club for being rubbish). In the second half the season I hit some form though at one point winning manager of the month with 3 wins in a row. The last game of the season saw us needing to avoid defeat at home to the gay play-boys of Joensuu (Thats really what the full name of JIPPO can be translated to) in order to avoid relegation. Naturally we were 1-0 down after 49 seconds but won it 3-1 in the end.

League: 7th

Squad: Crappy

Best Player: Tamás Udvari

Best Finn: Jari Gröhn

Top Scorer: Antonio Correia (Who I don't like, requested transfer, hates every other player, been sold)

Next season: I've already played through most the preseason and I'm feeling a lot happier about the players I've managed to bring in (for free) this season.

Year | League  | Position | Finnish Cup | Europe
-------------------------------------------------
2012 | Ykkönen | 7th      | 3rd Round   | N/A

Quackje, that was a cracking goal. Extraordinary. You had quite a good season, next season should be even better as you consolidate. :thup:

Start Otwock - Polish First Division - 2011 Preseason

My preparations for the upcoming season couldn't have gone any better, really. From the start, we played some excellent, imaginative and clinical football, which absolutely shocked me. It seems that the team has already gelled pretty well and have a good understanding of one another. Granted, I wasn't exactly playing upper echelon competition, but the manner in which we did play was impressive.

To wit, one of the greatest goals I've ever seen in FM.

Summary: beat the reserves 4-0, Kaszubia 5-1 away, Baltyk Gdynia 3-0 at home, and then dismantled BKS Bielsko 7-1 away.

I can only hope we kick on and carry on that same winning mentality + style of play into the season. Something tells me we won't, though...

Archived