Gundo's FM11 European Adventure Challenge™

TRALEE DYNAMOS - IRELAND - SEASON 2011

My first season in charge was a fairly interesting one. Some good pre-season form had me in high confidence that we'd be able to perform well in our first season and initially we didn't dissapoint.

An early run of good form saw us sitting top of the table after about 5 games before some more mediocre performances saw us slip back into mid-table which is where our trouble began. Plummeting morale saw us set the record for the longest run without a win which stretched to about 7 or 8 games from memory and we suddenly found ourselves sitting in 10th out of 12 teams.

The inspired signing of Michale Keane, who was released by Manchester United's youth team, saw us start to revive our performances. Funnily enough morale started working in our favour as we went on to set the record for the longest undefeated streak for the league. On the back of this remarkable turnaround we managed to climb up to 5th before settling for an eventual 6th place finish.

All in all not a bad season with Keane and McMahon being the standouts. Despite being a right back Keane managed to lift our form and at only 19 years old he looks like the star of the team that hopefully we can hold onto. I expected Sheppard to be my main striker but McMahon constantly proved himself to be more up to the task, scoring goals when we needed them most.

At the moment i'm struggling to find enough quality in the transfer market so around 5th or 6th may be my only realistic aim for next season.

[b]Season         League                    League Position     Irish League Cup        Irish Senior Challenge Cup      Achievements[/b]
2011           Irish First Divison       6th                 1st Round               2nd Round                       N/A

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of people doing this in the british islands it seems... although it's definitely a bigger challenge in terms of european football, I don't really find it as attractive as starting in a half-decent championship and having a few other solid teams to play domestically - and possibly dragging them up as you find success in Europe and increase league reputation.

Any of you got to experience this side-effect and affected any of your irish/welsh/northern irish opponents to become half-decent sides?

I've managed to get Dunloy into the Northern Irish Premier Division and to turn Professional, but rather than encouraging the other Northern Irish teams to perform, it has lead to the only other professional side, Linfield (who has previously dominated the league) to revert back to semi-professional and now flirting with relegation - possibly something to do with me stealing their best players?

Still, my performances in Europe ensure the league keeps climbing up the rankings (now the 157th best comp in Europe, and Northern Ireland has moved up to 25 / 52 in National coefficient), so I'll keep doing whatever I need to do to improve my squad, even if it is at the expense of the other clubs in the league!

Dunloy 2016/17 Season Update - Northern Irish First Premier Division - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - Second Division - 2nd, Promotion!

2012/13 - First Division - 1st, Winners of Intermediate, Steel & Sons Cup - Promotion!

2013/14 - Premier Division - 1st, Winners of League, Irish Cup - Premier Division Champions!

2014/15 - Premier Division - 3rd, 4th in Champions League Group Stage, Winners of League Cup, Irish Cup

2015/16 - Premier Division - 1st, 4th in Europa League Group Stage, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co-An Shield - Premier Division Champions!

2016/17 - Premier Division - 1st, 3rd in CL Group Stage, 1st Knockout Round of Europa League, Winners of All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup, Co. An Shield

38 Pld, 28 Won, 8 Drn, 2 Lst, 88 For, 34 Ag, +54 GD, 92 Pts

League / Domestic Cups: After wining back the league last season I was fairly happy with the squad, but still managed to sign up 15 new players this season (again mostly free rejects from EPL clubs, although I did spend $950k), and the new players wasted no time getting to work, dominating the league - it wasn't until February that I lost my first game, and only lost 2 for the whole season!

2016/17 League Table and Graph

As far as the domestic cups went, I took home the All-Ireland Cup, Irish Cup and Co-An Shield, but this year missed out on the League Cup, meaning I still haven't managed the clean sweep, despite dominating the league this season - surely I can manage it next season?

Europe: After being in the Europa League last season I was back where I needed to be this season, the Champions League, and again had to navigate the Qualifying Rounds before I got to the real thing:

2nd Qual Rnd v Inter d'Escaldes (Andorra): 4-0 (H), 3-0 (A)

3rd Qual Rnd v Honka (Finland): 4-0 (H), 1-1 (A)

Playoff v Neuchatel Xamax (Switzerland): 0-0 (H), 3-1 (A)

The qualifiers were surprisingly easy, but then the group stages came, and it wasn't so good... drawn against Man City, Galatasaray and OM - would struggle to get a point.

I lost convincingly against Man City and OM, both home and away, but surprisingly managed a 3-3 away draw against Galatasaray, and then a stunning 2-1 home victory which was enough to see me finish 3rd - not enough to progrss in the Champions League, but enough to go through to the Europa Leauge!

Champions League Group Stage

In the Europa League 1st Knockout Round I was up against Italian side Sampdoria. The home leg saw Dunloy walk away with a surprising 1-0 win against the odds, however the away leg saw a much more deserving 1-4 loss, and knocked out of Europe. Still managing to not come last in the Champions League group stage was a new best for Dunloy, so hopefully I can improve on it next season!

Star Players / Team Summary

As per previous seasons the fan's Player of the Season was again debutant English striker, this time 21 year old Jonathan Gibbs from Blackburn

Jonathan Gibbs: As per previous fan's players of the year, he has average technical and mental attributes, but pretty good physical stats, and this led to a record breaking 31 goals, 5 assists and 7 MoM in 48 games at 7.39 - pretty good fr a 21 year old!

Another milestone, I have finally had my first 2 international players, however they are both playing for the Northern Ireland team, and given they are not regulars in the Dunloy team, that says how bad the Northern Ireland team is rather than how go those two players are. Of my starting lineup, they are now all English, and I only have 4 non-English players in my entire senior squad!

2017 Seasonal Best XI and Overall Best XI

Finances

Finances wise, another group stage apperance in Europe has lead to a $10m profit, despite spending quite a bit improving the facilities some more, as well as paying a substantial dividend - things are looking good finaces wise, let's see how long it takes to improve my facilities to world class.

2017 Finances

New Club Records

Average Attendance: 244

Biggest Win: 6-0 v Glenovan (H) All-Ireland Cup Qtr Final 14/3/2017

Biggest Defeat: 2-6 v Man City (H) Champions Cup Group H 14/9/2016

Top Goalscorer: Jonathan Gibbs - 31

Most Assists: Gregg Wylde - 26

Worst Discipline: Mike Kelly - 7 yellow cards / 1 red card

Total Steam Achievements: 37 / 86

New Steam Achievements this season: Irresistable Force, Unstoppable Force

Churchill United FC

Churchill United are a semi-professional club, previously playing in the Northern Irish North West Division before there promotion up to the Second Division in 2011. They have no known founding date, with many people believing it was in the early 1900’s, but there are no records to prove exactly. They only have a Northern Irish Intermediate Cup victory in 1920 to show from their history, with a runner’s up position in the Northern Irish Craig Memorial Cup in 2010 meaning a barren spell without a trophy for 91 years.

The team are based in Londonderry, playing at Wilton Park and have an obscure reputation. There only rivals are Newbuildings, and their finances are said to be of an ok nature. The Chairman, James McMullan has been at the club for a few years, and is currently happy to stay. Churchill United play in a blue home kit, and play in white away. The team is pretty useless, and are predicted to go straight back down. Major changes will be needed for them to stay up.

I will be taking part in Gundo’s European Adventure, so have picked a team in the Northern Irish Second Division and who were previously unplayable. If anyone knows any information about Churchill United it will be greatly appreciated as I cannot find anything about them!

Starting Manager Profile

Starting Finances

Obviously my main aims for this challenge will be to establish Churchill United as the best team in Northern Ireland and win the Champions League, but I also want the Northern Irish league to be the best in the world, and I’m hoping to study the changes in finances and prize money as I go through the years.

AdamFitz I had no youth facilities and I had about 450k in the bank before they agreed to upgrade them.

Good luck bazza_moore. Just to let you know your first link does not work.

Well done charlo116 and Marky Mark!.

That doesn't sound good for me then, had about 1m when I asked them and nothing.

Afan Lido - 2013/14 Season

3rd bad season in a row, very hard to find good players for this league but at least I'm not getting relegated. Finances doing very well which is a good thing. Better update coming up next I swear :D Anyway here's the League Table.

[b]Season    League                  Position    Notes[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6199699&viewfull=1#post6199699"]2011/12[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        Avoided relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6207976&viewfull=1#post6207976"]2012/13[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        7 points better off
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6211252&viewfull=1#post6211252"]2013/14[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th

Afan Lido - 2014/15 Season

Media Prediction: 11th

Final Position: 10th

So yes, it's a small improvement but still better than finishing 11th again. I was thinking our problem was that I kept trying too many tactics, so I stuck to a 4-3-3 because we had 4 very good strikers. Had a good few results and ended up drawing more than we lost, so a gradual improvement which we can hopefully build on. Really not a fan of splitting the league in half but oh well.

Squad

Still a lot of room for improvement.

Transfers

Yes spending money, Bala have class players though :D

Cups:

Welsh Cup (Won 2-0 vs Aberystwyth in the final)

Done fantastic in this competition, but was so annoying to see us beat teams in this that we couldn't win against in the league. Gets us into Europe which is fantastic. Lost in the final last year too so was good to go one better.

Loosemores League Cup (Lost 1-0 to Neath in the final)

Lost in the final of this last year too, this competition really doesn't mean anything to me though.

Key Players:

Harry Kane - What a player for this level, should be a big player for me in years to come.

Liam Cooke - Has the potential to play even better but gets a few injuries.

Noel McCarthy - Good player but he has the odd stupid sending off.

Fraser Franks - My staff wanted me to start another CB ahead of him but I hated him, kept giving away penalties, Fraser is a much better choice.

Danny Thomas - Does well in midfield, for his rating.

[b]Season    League                  Position    Notes[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6199699&viewfull=1#post6199699"]2011/12[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        Avoided relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6207976&viewfull=1#post6207976"]2012/13[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        7 points better off
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6211252&viewfull=1#post6211252"]2013/14[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th
2014/15   Welsh Premier League    10th        Best finish to date, won Welsh Cup and qualified for Europa League

NK Olimpija Osijek - 2.HNL (Croatian First Division) - 2013/2014 Season review

NKOlimpijaOsijek.gif

Pre-season

This was season 2 in charge of Olimpija and after a rather encouraging second half of last years championship, I was looking for a little more stability. I did sign a few players but most of them I was planning to be backups. I couldn't afford to go wild in terms of signings anyway, since my wage budget was sliced in half and my club reputation is still poor - very few players decent enough to play for us actually want to play for us.

A brilliant start

After getting the now traditional opening match defeat out of the way, everyone quickly realized this season was going to be better - through 4 consecutive wins. We got into the fight for the top few places and would stay there for long. A disappointing 1-4 defeat at home versus Slaven Belupo did raise some doubts, but we quickly overcame it with a fantastic 5-2 away win at the home of giants Inter Zapresic, then had an amazing 5-4 game against Karlovac. What can I say, we're an entertaining side! We actually occupied 1st place after that game but that would be shortlived and we'd go into the winter break in 2nd - a promotion playoff spot.

Spring struggle

Obviously by this point I was getting excited with the idea of promotion, but had a feeling that we struck lucky in some games and that the 2nd half of the season calendar was going to be tougher. And it sure was. We had 3 consecutive away defeats, then a nice 5-1 win over Mosor promised to change things. Only for Dragovoljac to hammer us 6-2 and start another sequence of 3 defeats. We dropped to 6th and actually were closer in points to the relegation zone than the promotion playoff spot, thanks to an incredibly tight league table. But then we picked up pace again with a few late season wins and amazingly still had a remote mathematical chance to get that 2nd place coming into the last game. However the Lucko-Pomorac match was played one day early and a Lucko victory ended our dream. We ended up 4th.

Cup run

I was all smiles when the draw for the first cup match put us against Granicar Zulanja - my old team that I got relegated with! They had spent over 800K€ in new players, but apparently that wasn't enough to beat us as we scrapped a somewhat fortunate 2-1 away win. We then beat Vinogradar, and would go out in a crazy game against Pomorac thanks to an hugely frustrating 90th minute penalty winner. Better luck next time.

Info

League: 4th (League Table) (Progress)

Cup:

Preliminary round - 2-1 (A) vs Granicar (Z)

1st round - 2-1 (H) vs Vinogradar

2nd round - 3-4 (A) vs Pomorac

(Transfers)

(Squad and stats)

Best eleven

GK - Marko Sarlija - Still in excellent form, there was a game where the opponents had 7 clear cut chances yet could only score 1 goal. He just right about saved everything.

DR - Ivan Cosic - Slightly disappointing both as a right-back and as a midfielder. Lost the place to Brkanac for a while.

DL - Marcel Novko - Promising youngster who had been released on a free by Dinamo Zagreb. Fought for the place with Sedmak all year long.

DC - Toni Golem - Not fully convincing as I believe he's getting a tad old, but still a regular.

DC - Marin Con - Becoming slow and inconsistent. Still a valid option but we couldn't agree on a new contract for next year and I'm not too worried about that.

MC - Roko Mislov - My fav utility player, who remains incredibly consistent both as a midfielder and as a centre-back.

MC - David Dujanic - Snapped him from my old team Granicar and he was all year long a spark in the midfield.

AMR - Kruno Jambrusic - Hired him to be a backup for Sucic but he totally overacheived expectations even if I always had doubts on whether he should be a first team regular. Had an unforgetable game and hattrick in that crazy 5-4 win over Karlovac.

AML - Igor Acimovic - Had an injury and a patch of bad form in the beginning of the year, later would come back to the excellent level of performance he's shown for me in the past. Grabbed a few U21 caps for Serbia.

ST - Mate Sucic - Not quite the reliable goalscorer he was last year, but still had a good year. I played him mostly on the right but later found out he was also good as a target man.

ST - Zeljko Sablic - Was supposed to be Lisnic's new backup but turned out to be an absolute superstar. Top goalscorer not only of my team but of the league too - plus he had a whole lot of assists. Also won the league player of the year award, and was considered the league's best signing of the season. I couldn't have asked for more.

Next year

It's time for promotion. Not only because I'm getting bored of the 2.HNL, but also because that would give us some better financial stability. Thankfully the prize money here is pretty damn good, because without the 587K€ of prize money I just got, we would be in lots of debt (we're about 100K€ in the red). We need more income and that could only come through player sales or prize money, because nobody cares about watching our games.

Btw the main league's getting better already, it's now 27th in the rankings. And in other news, Granicar still didn't get promoted back and will keep on spending their millions in the 3rd division!

[b]Season     League           Cup          Europe             Notes[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Granicar Zulanja[/b]
2011/12    2.HNL - 15th     1st round    ---                Relegated; tycoon takes over but too late
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]NK Olimpija Osijek[/b]
2012/13    2.HNL - 11th     ---          ---                Avoided relegation
2013/14    2.HNL - 4th      2nd round    ---                Fought for a promotion playoff spot

That doesn't sound good for me then, had about 1m when I asked them and nothing.

Did you insist on it? I often get knocked back on requests but when I say 'it is very important to me' or similar they normally agree - the only thing they still refuse on is the expansion of the 650 seater stadium (which given our average attendance is 200 is fair enough, but it would be handy for the European home games)

Nah you see Mark, they agree with me but we don't have enough funds yet, so I have no possible comeback. Also I just received this message, don't know how to feel about it, will it benefit me? I've built up the finances very well and I'm hoping they won't sack me. The best I can hope for would be facility upgrading.

Done deal, no investment planned.

EDIT: Also, can anyone recommend me the quickest way to upload a good few images?

Churchill United FC – Northern Irish Second Division – 2011/12

Media Prediction: 16th

Odd’s:100/1

Board Aim: Stay clear of relegation

My Aim: At least mid table, maybe pushing for promotion

League Table

League Positions Graph

We made a decent enough start with 3 wins from our first 4 games, but it all went downhill from there. We drew nearly every single game, due to a complete lack of goals and if it wasn’t for winning our last 3 games we would have been a lot closer to the 2 relegated teams.

Irish Cup – went out in the 2nd round to lower league opposition. Although cups aren’t my main priority this year it would have still been nice to at least won the first game in it against a team like this.

League Cup – went out in the first game again, this time to same level opposition but we had a weakened team out so we could focus fully on the league.

Intermediate Cup – after getting through the first round with a weakened team, getting knocked out in the 2nd round was quite a relief as this cup was the least of my worries

Transfers – got rid of every single player already here except 2 of the goalies and brought in a whole new squad on free transfers. I think we had the squad to do quite a bit better, but not even right at the end of the season were our team blending well together which didn’t help at all. Note, in the screenshot on transfers in it shows i can scroll down, but it only shows the total value spent. Which is £0!

Squad – unfortunately taken too late to get goals scored and stuff on here, but I can tell you our top goal scorer was Paul Kennedy with the huge total of 5! Craig Sheppard was our highest average rating with 6.95

Key Players – John Neill and Craig Sheppard. If it wasn’t for these two I’d of let a lot more goals in than I did, which is ultimately the thing that kept us up.

Finances – a huge loss, nearly double our turnover sending us firmly into the red. Once again taken a bit late but you can still see it in the last season column.

Wage Budget: 1,120/1,950

Ticket Price: £4

Average Attendance: 97

Season Ticket Price: £37

Season Ticket Holders: 27

Estimated Value: £28k

Premiership Ranking: 264 (down 67)

Country Coefficient Position: 49th (no change)

Coefficient Value: 1.624 (no change)

Career Overview:

Season     League               Position     Irish Cup       League Cup      Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Second Division      11th         2nd Round       1st Round       

Next Year:

I hope to give most of the current players more time to gel, as I think this squad could easily get us near the promotion places so will just buy a few key players.

Oh and i forgot to mention in my update i won manager of the year despite finishing 6th and only winning one manager of the month award. They must have changed those awards in relation to reputation as it used to always go to the team that won the league. Anyone else found the same?

EDIT: Also, can anyone recommend me the quickest way to upload a good few images?

Alt+F9 to take a screenie in FM, then they show up in your Documents\Sports Interactive\FM11\screenshots folder. First go to FM and take all the screenies that you want, then go to Photobucket, upload, select all the screenies at once and it'll upload them all at once. Then you go to the album screen in Photobucket and you'll have the direct links of every screenie there.

Afan Lido - 2015/16 Season

Media Prediction: 11th

Final Position: 3rd

Our best season yet by far, moved up the table by 7 places, and I think we could've done even better. A few new signings and we could challenge for the title. Really not a fan of splitting the league in half but I suppose they can't do much else with 12 teams.

Squad

Improved a lot but still need some back-up, Badly in need of good back-up in defence and midfield especially.

Transfers

Some very very good signings there, English players are amazing compared to Welsh ones, pity really.

Cups:

Europa League (lost 2-1 on aggregate to FC Brussels)

Unfortunate, we went 1-0 up and I wasn't sure whether to try get a second goal or to preserve the lead, they went on to win 2-1 anyway.

Welsh Cup (lost on penalties 4-3 to Airbus in the 4th Round)

Poor compared to last year but made my schedule easier. Would've been nice to get into Europe via this again.

Loosemores League Cup (Lost 1-0 to Llanelli in the 1st Round)

Same goes for this competition, is nice to do well in the cups but I didn't need it.

Best Eleven:

Mark Statham - Finally he has a good season and I can agree with what my scouts say about him, didn't think much of him before.

Matty Collins - Needed a right-back badly and got Matty not long before the season begun, experienced and a good player.

Fraser Franks - Don't think he'll be a starter for much longer but he had a good season.

Daniel Nixon - Great signing, scored a few from corners aswell.

Noel McCarthy - Was the player I really wanted to replace but in nearly every match, I got the message 'McCarthy must be stopped', great season for him.

Keiron Howard - A player I will probably try to replace, had a decent season.

Craig Hunt - Solid season, hope he continues to play well.

Danny Harris - Another good signing for us, will be playing this season again unless I can get a better replacement, which is unlikely :D

Liam Cooke - Good goalscorer, not really rated by my scouts weirdly.

Harry Kane - Our best player, his injuries are a nuisance though.

Kelechi Ezekwe - Got off to a bad start now he's doing alright, wants to leave.

[b]Season    League                  Position    Points    Notes[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6199699&viewfull=1#post6199699"]2011/12[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        30        Avoided relegation
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6207976&viewfull=1#post6207976"]2012/13[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        37        7 points better off
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6211252&viewfull=1#post6211252"]2013/14[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        30
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6211344&viewfull=1#post6211344"]2014/15[/url]   Welsh Premier League    10th        38        Best finish to date, won Welsh Cup and qualified for Europa League
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6214923&viewfull=1#post6214923"]2015/16[/url]   Welsh Premier League    3rd         53        Best finish to date

Budafok Hungarian 2nd Division East 2012/13

Table

Positions

It was a case of same again, same points, same position. If anything it seemed worse as the team was incredibly inconsistant, winning well for a few games and then getting hammered for a few. The season wasn't helped by Palfi, Sunzu and Kovacs all injured for 3 months at the same time. Lost in the 1st Rd of the cup again this time to Gyirmot from the 2nd Division West

Transfers

Squad

Signed Sunzu after being offered him and trialed and then signed a few tunisians halfway through the season.

My scouts have been looking in Eastern Europe for 2 years without finding a single player except in hungary which only took a day to scout and found no quality players.

My defence was quite strong except for left back, horvath was a rock in the centre. Still not enough goals from my strikers but more from the midfield this year.

Star Player - played only a few games last season as a back up and only came into the squad due to Sunzu's injury, ended up as my top scorer

Season            League             Position             Cup                   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                    None
2011/12        Second Division        10th               1st Rd                    None

FK Gorodeya

fk20gorodeja.gif

A club from the borough Gorodeya in Belarus, they were founded in 2004.

Let me show you some of the local tourist 'hotspots'...

The local Sugar Refinary...

000916_814209.jpg

From what i can tell this is them in action (think we're in the all green!)...see the video at the bottom of the page....

http://www.kick-off.by/gorodeya/news/news_48.htm

and again...

http://www.kick-off.by/gorodeya/news/news_41.htm

Anyway i'm sure that is some of interest (to me anyway!)...

44931200.jpg

cluboc.jpg

Lets go gettem!!!

The press conferences are really terrible. I get asked about resting key players after every other game when i havn't rested any.

After the 1st game of the season a question was asked about szentpeteri and how that was a collecters item since he doesn't score very often - apart from the 7 goals last season making him my top scorer :rolleyes:

Bohemians Prague – Season Review 2019/2020

Bohemians_St%C5%99%C3%AD%C5%BEkov.gif

Every year I take a look through Sparta Prague’s squad and just wonder how the hell we will ever come close to beating them. They sign players for millions of pounds and their wage structure makes us look like an amateur club meaning that we can never compete for the same calibre of player. Sometimes they underachieve and we have beaten them, only for other teams to press home the advantage and knock us down. This year however, Sparta didn’t underachieve. But they were no match for us :D I am a smug bastard.

League – We were top for much of the season but I never really felt comfortable as Sparta were constantly breathing down our necks and beat us when we played them in March. This only spurred us on and we lost just once more in the final 11 games to be crowned champions. For a second time we lost the cup final to Sparta in the penultimate game of the season which was the only blemish on a brilliant season for the club. And yet my name is still not featured on the favoured personnel, it looks like the fans will be hard to please.

Europe – Another exit in the 4th qualifying round, this time against Austria Wien. Having lost 2-0 in Vienna we turned it around at home and beat them 2-0 in the return only to miss out on penalties. Once again we can only imagine what could have been, but I have no regrets as it gave us a good rest in between each league game and probably helped us enormously in the long run.

Players – A great season by all. We smashed our transfer record and spent 575k on Belgian prospect Pereira who earns about 3k per week more than anyone else. Money well spent though and he performed admirably. My main two strikers were out for long periods, especially key man Tecl who broke a foot and has been out for several months so far and will miss the summer too. A more heart warming story is that of young Brazilian Joao, a youngster I first laid eyes on in 2015 for a loan spell and then snapped up for 65k a year later. Five years after his debut, he has made his first appearance for the Czech national team and is now worth £1.4 million. Brings a tear to the eye. His fellow Brazilian Edu arrives aged 18 in the summer and I have even higher hopes for him but if he can come anywhere close to my adopted child Joao then I will be thrilled.

Next season – In the last report I noted that we were 16th in the coefficients and needed to improve one place to get an additional Champions League qualification spot. By some fluke, we actually increased our ranking to 12th which is a massive step because it ensures that the league champions go directly into the group stage. It’ll be a huge incentive to follow up our success this year and snatch that lucrative spot so the club will be going all out to make sure this happens. The only downer is that we look likely to drop back down in the rankings the following year so it makes this next season all the more important to get the group stage spot whilst it’s available to us.

Season        Division            Position  Pohár ČMFS      Europe           Achievements 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012     Druhá Liga          11th      3rd Round       N/A              N/A
2012/2013     Druhá Liga          2nd       2nd Round       N/A              Promoted
2013/2014     Gambrinus Liga      6th       Final           N/A              N/A
2014/2015     Gambrinus Liga      5th       4th Round       N/A              N/A
2015/2016     Gambrinus Liga      5th       2nd Round       N/A              N/A
2016/2017     Gambrinus Liga      3rd       4th Round       N/A              Qualified for Euro Cup
2017/2018     Gambrinus Liga      3rd       Semi Final      EC Group Stage   Qualified for Euro Cup
2018/2019     Gambrinus Liga      2nd       2nd Round       EC 4th Quali.    Qualified for Euro Cup
2019/2020     Gambrinus Liga      1st       Final           EC 4th Quali.    Qualified for Champions League

Season 6 - Salthill Devon - Irish Premier Division - 1st All Ireland Cup Winners

League Table

All Ireland Cup

Transfers part 1

Transfers Part 2

Not really much in the way of progress I suppose but I've got to be pleased with making it to the group stages of the Champions League again. Had quite a tough run in that we had to see off Austria Vienna before the playoff match with Wisla. yet again it was only 1 good result in the group stage: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i301/jamie182_2006/bayern.jpg Quite a tough group for us with Juventus, Bayern and Rangers. league went down to the last day of the season and it just happened to be against Shamrock, we just about did it with a 1-0 win.

Key Players

Kevin Coleman

he really is fantastic, scored goal of the season against Bohemians by dribbling from his own area and firing in from the edge of the area. he wont sign a new deal though so I'm tempted to sell him, have already lost Buckle on a free transfer because he didn't want to stay.

Nicolas Frontan

When I signed him I immediately thought I was stupid and that I'd wasted my money, I was wrong. he is a great young striker who can only get better. Can't get a work permit for a new deal though.

Dan Cunningham

No matter how many players I sign he is always our star man up front, another one who wont sign a new deal though so I may look at letting him go.

Summary

I had to sign and sell quite a lot this year and I may have to do the same again, it's just impossible to keep hold of the top players. I have some decisions to make with regards to players refusing to sign new deals.

KRC Gent - Belgian 3rd division B - Early season update - 2011/12

Gent.jpg

This is turning out way better than I imagined. So far I have played 7 (3 cup, 4 League) competetive matches and I have won them all :thup:

To top it all off the draw for the Belgian Cup 6th round revealed Club Brugge as my next opponent. 10 times winner of the Belgian Cup, one of the biggest clubs in Belgium and bitter rivals of my club. If every 6.000 tickets on this occasion is not sold - I will resign (perhaps).

Learned about belgian league rules as well. Apparently you need two under-21 players in the match squad. I didn't have 2 under-21 players at all :( To be able to fill out the bench I signed the first youngster I could find on a free transfer - a young striker, that started the next match due to injuries. Result 2 goals and 1 assist :)

BR

Blackmama - KRC Gent - To the top and further!

Art of Drowing: Great win over Bayern! It's a shame that your top players all want to leave, but I guess these difficulties are part of the challenge... this is meant to be hard.

Blackmama: I have to deal with the same rule in Croatia, there needs to be 2 U21 players in the match squad, the best way I've found to manage this is to have U21 2nd and 3rd keepers, so 1 slot is always occupied by the keeper in the bench. Then you just have to find one U21 player that's actually good enough to play for you regularly - ideally 2 of them so that if one gets injured, you won't have to pull up someone from the youth team.

Art of Drowing: Great win over Bayern! It's a shame that your top players all want to leave, but I guess these difficulties are part of the challenge... this is meant to be hard.

Blackmama: I have to deal with the same rule in Croatia, there needs to be 2 U21 players in the match squad, the best way I've found to manage this is to have U21 2nd and 3rd keepers, so 1 slot is always occupied by the keeper in the bench. Then you just have to find one U21 player that's actually good enough to play for you regularly - ideally 2 of them so that if one gets injured, you won't have to pull up someone from the youth team.

Thanks, it's a challenge I'm very much enjoying so I can't complain.

i wish I followed your example and stuck a keeper on the bench, my one got injured so a centre back is playing in goal. it's now half time and it wont let me continue, any ideas why?

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i301/jamie182_2006/Continue.jpg

Afan Lido - 2016/17 Season

Media Prediction: 8th

Final Position: 1st

Well it's taken 6 seasons but at long last we have won the league. Was a very, very close season as the table shows, really wasn't sure if I was going to win it or not as 3 other teams were challenging for it as well. Went 22 games without losing in all competitions during the season which was a fantastic thing to do, also won 7 of them in a row which is a new club record.

Squad

The starting eleven are fantastic but there isn't much back-up which is a problem, would rather push current starting players into being back-up while bringing better quality in.

Transfers 2015/16 | 2016/17

Showing the 2015/16 transfers as well because that seems to show most of my summer transfers, some great buys.

Cups:

Welsh Cup (beat Goytre 1-0 in the final)

Had a tough run up until the semi-finals, where we played former Welsh Premier League team Bridgend, followed by Goytre in the final, was nice to win and at least if we didn't win the league we would've went into Europe, but thankfully it didn't come to that.

Loosemores League Cup (Lost 2-1 in the Quarter Finals)

Beaten by Bangor City but we should've won because we dominated, they went on to win it.

Best Eleven:

10 out of 11 players are English, shows the quality difference.

Mark Statham - Becoming consistent now which is great.

Craig Stewart - One player who wouldn't sign for me beforehand but was delighted when he did.

Daniel Nixon - Scores vital goals from corners and is a great defender.

Alex Bell - Nowhere near as good as Nixon but hoping he improves.

Nick Reed - Took McCarthy's place and done it well.

Danny Harris - Solid, all 3 midfielders were.

Matty Collins - Same as above, Craig Hunt probably would've played but he was plagued by injuries.

David O'Sullivan - Our most attacking minded midfielder, had a great season, solid as well.

Marcus Tudgay - He's getting on but hopefully he has another season or 2 in him.

Harry Kane - Still the star, said he wants to move to a bigger club but he's staying here until at least 2022, whether he likes it or not!

Kelechi Ezekwe - Decent enough season.

[b]Season    League                  Position    Points    Notes[/b]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6199699&viewfull=1#post6199699"]2011/12[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        30        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6207976&viewfull=1#post6207976"]2012/13[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        37        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6211252&viewfull=1#post6211252"]2013/14[/url]   Welsh Premier League    11th        30
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6211344&viewfull=1#post6211344"]2014/15[/url]   Welsh Premier League    10th        38        Won Welsh Cup
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6214923&viewfull=1#post6214923"]2015/16[/url]   Welsh Premier League    3rd         53        
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/234223-Gundo-s-FM11-European-Adventure-Challenge%E2%84%A2?p=6220481&viewfull=1#post6220481"]2016/17[/url]   Welsh Premier League    1st         64        Welsh Premier League and Welsh Cup winners

Well done Tomaldinho.

The Art of Drowning did you get a decent amount of money from the All Ireland Cup (Setanta Cup). I won it a couple of times before getting in to Europe and the money came in really handy. I have had that thing about not being able to continue after looking at players profiles. I never tried space bar but the back button sorted it out for me.

Welcome to the challenge Blackmama. That is a very impressive start you have made there.

Some real imorivement over the last couple of seasons AdamFitz.

i got sacked in my 4th season with IFK Malmo

I finished bottom and had one game left with 6 points required.

I hate the game - I cannot set up a formation against the wingers bombing down the wing and crossing to the striker/ other winger slotting it away at the far post.

I might try again at this, but I think I need to move up a class to sort out a tactic first with a better team where you can actually see a difference when you make a change tactically

I was just approached by Sandnes Ulf Chairman Ryan Giggs (kind of a strange one I know) to take over at Sandnes Stadion, having just thrashed them 8-2 in the league - Offer was rejected.:D

Well done Tomaldinho.

The Art of Drowning did you get a decent amount of money from the All Ireland Cup (Setanta Cup). I won it a couple of times before getting in to Europe and the money came in really handy. I have had that thing about not being able to continue after looking at players profiles. I never tried space bar but the back button sorted it out for me.

Welcome to the challenge Blackmama. That is a very impressive start you have made there.

Some real imorivement over the last couple of seasons AdamFitz.

yeah good amount of money, something like £300k for taking part and another £500k for winning but I can't really remember, just lost in the final of it this year. Europe and friendly leagues have sorted us financially tbh.

Well done AdamFitz, I knew once better players were more willing to sign then you'd make progress.

Churchill United FC – Northern Irish Second Division – 2012/13

Media Prediction: 14th

Odd’s: 100-1

Board Aim: Stay clear of relegation

My Aim: Push for promotion

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a bit of an up and down season. We started off brilliantly, not being outside the top 3 for the first seven games, but then my problem from last year came back again. We couldn’t score at all. During the middle of the season I had a period of 9 games where I only scored 1 goal. That 1 goal won me a game, and I lost only one of those 9 games, having 7 0-0 draws! It was another disappointing season to say the least.

Irish Cup – Another season where I wasn’t bothered about the cups and wanted to fully concentrate on the league, even though that plan didn’t work!

League Cup – Same as the Irish Cup, I wasn’t too bothered by it, although I did manage to cause an upset in the 1st round, knocking out Division 1 side Newry on penalties, before losing in the 2nd round to Premiership side Dungannon

Intermediate Cup – The only competition I actually went for due to us having a chance of winning it ended up badly, getting knocked out in the 2nd round to Portstewart.

Transfers – A lot less hectic than last year, with only 8 people signing for us, and 3 of those were at the end of the season when we were planning for next year. I thought our team understanding would be a lot better this year because of it but it proved not to be as it still took ages for them to gel. Near the end of the season I only realised I could do team blend in match preparation… That’s probably why it took so long. Whoops!

Squad – Here you can see our goal scoring problems. Once again we were unable to get one player to score more than 5 goals!

Key Players – With no one scoring over 5 goals again, the main players were my defenders. The two full backs, Ryan Sharkey and John Neill, averaged 7.01 and 6.96 respectively.

Finances – Another season with heavy losses. This year was not as bad as last year, due to fund raising significantly increasing which has helped us out a lot. I need to get out of this division quick otherwise my finances might cause a few problems.

Wage Budget:963/1,221 - (down 157)/ (down 729)

Ticket Price:£4 (no change)

Average Attendance: 92 (down 5)

Season Ticket Price: £37 (no change)

Season Ticket Holders: 27 (no change)

Estimated Value: £28k (no change)

Premiership Ranking: 292 (down 28)

Country Coefficient Position: 47th (up 2)

Coefficient Value: 1.708 (up 0.084)

Career Overview:

[b]Season     League               Position     Irish Cup       League Cup      Achievements[/b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Second Division      11th         2nd Round       1st Round  
2012/13    Second Division      10th         3rd Round       2nd Round

Next Year:

My aims for next year are to make quite big changes to the team as we can’t seem to score goals. I’ve got a new tactics and hopefully with the right players I’ll be scoring a lot more. Promotion challenge a minimum

Archived