FM2011 - Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 and 8 - Southern, Northern & Isthmian Leagues

uncle ron

Great work Uncle Ron and hats off to Nobby as tester. Just started my new career at Waltham Forest. Many Thanks!

Tom

Ron did all the work. I let the game run on holiday while I was playing F1 2010 or Gran Turismo 5 or doing other stuff. I then checked things like teams in the correct division, FA Cup and Trophy ran smoothly and what have you.

Went into the 2016/7 season and only saw one minor problem.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry to ask here but i dont know were else to ask but is there any logo packs available for these teams iv searched everywhere im fc united of manchester ones for fm10 will do sorry again by the way class work

Look in the graphics forum or at sortitoutsi.net

To put that another way, the 'ultra-realistic' situation is that those clubs that don't meet the minimum requirements simply don't apply for promotion and stay in the same division. It would be enormously frustrating for the FM manager to win a promotion spot and then by told by the board that they ain't going nowhere because they won't splash the cash. So in terms of playability I think it is far preferable to gain promotion, expand the ground and take the financial hit.

I agree 100%. I love it that the stadium rules are in. I remember playing FM 2007 or 2008 and I got a lower level Spanish side to Primera Liga and was still playing in a stadium with a capacity of 1500.

Tweaking reputation may help but you can also address that by placing some realistic rules on yourself. Just some suggestions.

1) stay within your salary budget

2) Don't use the search function to find players. Only look at players recomended by your staff or found by your scouts

3) Never sign a player you have not scouted and/or bought in for a trial.

And if you want to toughen it up a bit more. Only look to sign players who were either born or played for a club in your county or perhaps the bordering counties. In real life, not many Players from say Newcastle are going to relocate to the Portsrmouth area for 35euros a week. (In FM 2010 I was playing with a level 9 club and placed my signing restriction to players within an hours drive). If you are unfimiliar with the area around your club, you can easily make a list of nearby towns with a quick look at Google maps.

I'm managing Waltham Forest. When I took over the salaries were 20 euro over budget. I have been bringing in players for trial. But I won't sign any unless they will improve the squad, and at that point I will have to sell off one of my starters to make room under the salary cap. In real life small clubs can't afford the shotgun approach of bringing in a lot of players and seeing who pans out.

Try that and tell me its too easy :)

sorry to ask here but i dont know were else to ask but is there any logo packs available for these teams iv searched everywhere im fc united of manchester ones for fm10 will do sorry again by the way class work

There's a 'mega-logo' pack for all the lower league English sides, and a link in the FCUM thread in GPG has FCUM's 3D kit too.

Tweaking reputation may help but you can also address that by placing some realistic rules on yourself. Just some suggestions.

2) Don't use the search function to find players. Only look at players recomended by your staff or found by your scouts

And if you want to toughen it up a bit more. Only look to sign players who were either born or played for a club in your county or perhaps the bordering counties. In real life, not many Players from say Newcastle are going to relocate to the Portsrmouth area for 35euros a week. (In FM 2010 I was playing with a level 9 club and placed my signing restriction to players within an hours drive). If you are unfimiliar with the area around your club, you can easily make a list of nearby towns with a quick look at Google maps.

I'm managing Waltham Forest. When I took over the salaries were 20 euro over budget. I have been bringing in players for trial. But I won't sign any unless they will improve the squad, and at that point I will have to sell off one of my starters to make room under the salary cap. In real life small clubs can't afford the shotgun approach of bringing in a lot of players and seeing who pans out.

Interesting approach. Might try this on my next save. Which im planning to use Uncle Rons setup for. (after next patch from SI i suppose)

Dont know the geography in England to well, but google maps is a nice car ^^

I guess when you start attracting young talents released from big clubs (BSP and above). You might still keep it local. If your club is located around London. Only pick up talents from clubs like West Ham, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea... and so on. :)

Only look to sign players who were either born or played for a club in your county or perhaps the bordering counties.

........I will have to sell off one of my starters

Good point, mate, your suggestions are reasonable (above all, I'm a lucky Italian manager abroad, "my" Tolworth rail station offers a very good service ... :D ), but in FM still have the same old problem, the market...... In real life, in lower leagues (here in Italy, sure, but I don't think in England things are so different) players move easily from one team to another, but in FM we're still far from a reasonable system for buying/selling players (and don't talk about exchange system...), so generally you have to wait contracts expire to renew your squad....

Still great work, but i think its too easy to get good players in the lower leagues. Dont know if there is a way to change that, maybe because the reputation of league 6,7,8 is all the same?

The reputation of leagues at Levels 6, 7 and 8 are different.

Exactly how I play.... in order to make the game resemble any sense of realism you have to alter the way you play the game and lay down a set of rules for yourself.

For example... when I start my Swindon Supermarine save I will only be signing 'local' players from South West and South Midlands as well as trying to sign as many former Swindon Town youth team players as possible.

Don't forget I've enabled Level 7 and 8 teams to play 2 trialists in a match, as per real life, so this is another way to reduce spending.

Exactly how I play.... in order to make the game resemble any sense of realism you have to alter the way you play the game and lay down a set of rules for yourself.

For example... when I start my Swindon Supermarine save I will only be signing 'local' players from South West and South Midlands as well as trying to sign as many former Swindon Town youth team players as possible.

Don't forget I've enabled Level 7 and 8 teams to play 2 trialists in a match, as per real life, so this is another way to reduce spending.

Well I think Waltham Forest is going to be a real adventure. Getting ready for my first league match and I was able to bring in one player. Evidently my salary budget is about 30% of what the rest of the clubs in the league are getting. But next season (if I don't get the sack) will be real interesting. I only have 6 senior players actually getting a wage right now and none of the wages are very high. For the rest of the league just about all the senior players are getting a wage. My budget is only 580/week with my Youth squad chewing up around 90/week of the budget. But with a similar budget next season, that will average out to around 25 to 30/week per man for a 20 man squad. I might have a real hard time filing out a squad next season. ;)

I have implemented minimum stadium capacity and minimum seating rules for Levels 4,5,6,7 and 8 as per real life, known as the FA Ground Grading rules.

The rules are:

League Two =min 5000 inc 1000 seats

Conference National = min 4000 inc 500 seats

Conference Regional = min 3000 inc 250 seats

Regional Premier = min 1950 inc 250 seats

Regional First = min 1300 inc 150 seats

On balance, I believe the implementation of these rules is vastly preferable to a situation where you gain promotion to League Two with a 1,500 capacity stadium and are unable to compete.

I will review the existing capacities set in the database to see if any are incorrect.

First off thanks for the update.

Secondly, Does this mean if you get promoted into one of these leagues and your stadium is not up to scratch your board will set up an upgrade or build a new one?

Or do you just now get promoted?

Thanks

Anyone get daniel sanders of durham as east german nationality... not a big issue but quite bizaare

This isn't a specific issue with my file.

This is a known issue with us researchers that will be corrected in a future data update.

First off thanks for the update.

Secondly, Does this mean if you get promoted into one of these leagues and your stadium is not up to scratch your board will set up an upgrade or build a new one?

Or do you just now get promoted?

Thanks

Yes if you attain promotion your board will automatically set up an upgrade or build a new stadium if there is insufficient expansion capacity remaining.

Sometimes the expansion will not take place immediately and in some cases the expansion occurs towards the end of the first season in the higher division.

i have made a few edits to the default db (just managerial changes & staff)

and saved it as a DBC

would it fine to load that up??? with ur files now they are in advanced panel????

this file is even better now!!!

thanx for adding a link to my media file

i will update it to add media for the level 7 & 8 cups and release it

That's cool. If you want I would be happy to include your media file in my ZIP folder with instructions on how to activate it?

i have made a few edits to the default db (just managerial changes & staff)

and saved it as a DBC

would it fine to load that up??? with ur files now they are in advanced panel????

That should be fine as I have done similar with a separate XML / dbc file.

That's cool. If you want I would be happy to include your media file in my ZIP folder with instructions on how to activate it?

you can have my file to include in your pack that would fine, i always saw your file as what i was aiming for anyway to match them per se...

il have a look at your media sources dbc file and see if i can add any from that i dont have in my file so you dont need that in your release (il acknowledge the extra media in the file & on the media file thread)

because i think some of them overlap

one problem i had was setting too many radio stations etc because newspapers can sometimes never go to press conferences because the media chosen is random

you can have my file to include in your pack that would fine, i always saw your file as what i was aiming for anyway to match them per se...

il have a look at your media sources dbc file and see if i can add any from that i dont have in my file so you dont need that in your release (il acknowledge the extra media in the file & on the media file thread)

because i think some of them overlap

one problem i had was setting too many radio stations etc because newspapers can sometimes never go to press conferences because the media chosen is random

All my media pack does is turn all existing media sources in the game to fake so that journalists appear for them in press conferences. No new sources were added.

Does you pack include Non League Daily.com and the offical websites of the 3 regional divisons i.e. Evo-Stik, Ryman and Zamaretto league websites?

All my media pack does is turn all existing media sources in the game to fake so that journalists appear for them in press conferences. No new sources were added.

Does you pack include Non League Daily.com and the offical websites of the 3 regional divisons i.e. Evo-Stik, Ryman and Zamaretto league websites?

yes it includes those sites and also i will add the cups to those media as well iv done it for myself so shudnt be too hard

will your media file be needed now as we ideally dont want the default media in the game...

they are all in the file... dont want any duplicates

i meant the wiltshire stuff as well ( the south west was the area i imporved on the most (there was no newspapers for Bath, Bristol, Gloucester & Swindon now as well)

yes it includes those sites and also i will add the cups to those media as well iv done it for myself so shudnt be too hard

will your media file be needed now as we ideally dont want the default media in the game...

they are all in the file... dont want any duplicates

i meant the wiltshire stuff as well ( the south west was the area i imporved on the most (there was no newspapers for Bath, Bristol, Gloucester & Swindon now as well)

I will remove my media changes from my pack when I reissue. I glad I kept things like media separate so if there were issues or situations like this then that file could be instantly removed.

Great to hear of your improvements to the SW!

If you need any help with researching any aspects then lit me know, I'd be glad to help you.

I will have a check through your file and get back with any other additions :)

Anybody else having problems signing 16 year olds on a free? All of them seem to want a part time first team contract. They all instantly reject a youth contract offer. Is that an SI issue with FM2011 or somthing related to the dbc?

I've signed a couple to youth contracts.

Another Question. Does this have promotion/relagation from lvl 8? Do any lvl 9 teams come up in the next season?

Yes, two teams from each league drops, and is replaced with new teams. (As far as i observed...)

Another Question. Does this have promotion/relagation from lvl 8? Do any lvl 9 teams come up in the next season?

Normally 2 teams are relegated from Level 8, however the Northern Premier League Division One North operates with 23 teams and 3 teams relegated and Southern League Division One South / west operates with 21 teams and 1 team relegated. All other leagues operate with 22 teams and 2 teams relegated.

Did you start a game with Version 1 (Build 11.1.25) or Version 2 (Build 11.2.1)?

Only Version 2 has the extended FA Cup implemented.

I dont know. Ill make sure I have 11.2.1. Could have sworn I had the latest one but looks like I got it wrong.

I've downloaded it and followed instructions but i have no editor data files when i go to start a new game, must be doing something wrong.

Have you extracted the ZIP folder and placed the @Uncle Ron's England..." folder containing the dbc files into the right place?

People get confused because you use the same patch numbers as SI for their official patches. Maybe you should consider to make just a small change to 11.02.1 ?

Noted, I will change the numbering for any future release.

Archived