[FM11] IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products

hrbfcrule

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yer it's ridiculous how close the league is. Thanks for the good lucks but it didn't help.

League: Tord 1-2 Vasalund

We got off to a bad start when Vasalund scored in the 6th min but we came back strongly. Johan Bystrom (YP2) equalised in the 32nd min no less than our dominance deserved. The injustice continued when Vasalund went 2-1 up despite being easily the worst team on the pitch. We couldn't get another equaliser so therefore must face the dreaded relegation playoffs :(

First Division Elite Relegation Playoff 1st Leg: Karlslund 1-1 Tord

It was a terrible game as you can tell by the shots in the match stats. It sparked into life in the dying mins though, despite not getting a single shot on target in the match we managed to take the lead. Their defender managed to (un)fortunately head into his own net from a Stefan Nilsson (YP13) cross in the 89th min. It looked like that goal would give us an undeserved victory but they hit back very late on. The 4th official indicated 3 mins of added time but the game continued to the 97th min. They took full advantage of this by scoring in the 96th min, a route one ball over the top was then squared into the area where their striker was on hand to prod it home. Still we have an away goal so it's not all bad.

First Division Elite Relegation Playoff 2nd Leg: Tord (3) 2-1 (2) Karlslund

A much more exciting game as I went back to a 4-1-2-3 (my home tactic) as opposed to a 4-1-3-2 (away tactic). We started poorly and to be totally honest I thought we were going back down when they scored in the 4th min but a vital goal by Johan Bystrom (YP2) just before half time gave us the belief that we could do it. I think if we had been a goal down at half time we wouldn't have come back from it. Lars Lundgren (YP18)'s free kick was headed across goal by Anders Svensson (YP16). Johan Bystrom (YP2) was in the right place at the right time to tap it in from a couple of yards. Johan Bystrom (YP2) then set up the winner with a killer through ball to Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) who finished perfectly into the bottom corner. The match was not over though as another goal for Karlslund would see the game swing in their favour. They came close to this in the 91st min when their striker had a clean run at the goal but Filip Linder (YP6) made a fantastic save, just pushing it past the post. A nerve racking and thrilling game. Over the 2 legs I would say we were the slightly better team although there isn't too much in it.

Good Luck in the Playoffs. I predict a narrow escape - not because you're Team isn't good enough, but because I always find the game has a way of making it tense for you...

Good prediction :thup: looks like you have competition DSYoungEsq :D

Good prediction :thup: looks like you have competition DSYoungEsq :D
<Lol> Chutney and I should go into the predictions business. Just remind me to be very specific as to my meanings...

I think DSYoungEsq has the edge over me in terms of predictions, as I tend to go for one-off matches (or in this case two-legged affairs) only, rather than his (rather vague ;)) seasonal predictions...

I am pretty chuffed that I got it right (especially as it means you stay in the Division!) :cool:

Now that we have "conspired" to help you out, make sure next year is an improvement! - Speaking of which, as the last couple of years seem to have been regressions, do you think this challenge is beginning to look beyond you? (I'd like to point out that I don't think it is impossible, I was just wondering what you (and anyone else, for that matter) felt???)

End of Season Report: IK Tord Swedish First Division Elite, 2020

League Table, League Graph

Squad, Transfers

We started off really well. Just coming up to the halfway stage we were sitting in 5th but then disaster struck as we collapsed to 7 defeats in 8 games which left us in the relegation zone. We picked oursleves up and managed 4 wins and 2 draws in the next 6 games which seemed to take us to safety. However we got complacent and lost the last 3 games which we should have won. This dumped us into the relegation playoff zone . . . .

1st leg

2nd leg

We managed to scrape though, far from convincing but I'm just gald we managed to stay up.

Swedish Cup

Got past the 1st round this time with a nervy 1-0 win over lower league opposition but then fell at the next hurdle by the same scoreline to a team in the same tier as our opponents in the 1st round.

Youth Players (At the Club)

Anton Alvefelt (YP1) - Clearly not up to the standard of this level but neither is most of the squad.

Johan Bystrom (YP2) - Has had a few awful seasons recently but he put those behind him with a much better season this time around. Still much room for improvement but I am glad he is performing more to his capabilities.

Tony Thoren (YP5) - A decent season, one of the better performers of the season which, at an average rating of 6.78, says a lot about how we performed this season.

Filip Linder (YP6) - Not a bad season, 7 clean sheets from 33 games and conceding 46.

Niklas Andersson (YP7) - Was hampered by injury at the start of the season and then made noises about wanting to leave the club. Only the solitary appearance this season he did get a clean sheet in it though.

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) - Was Tord's highest scorer again although he didn't get as many as last season. With Bystrom (YP2) starting to perform it didn't matter too much.

Fredrik Lundgren (YP10) - Didn't make an appearance as I want to get rid of him and he won't terminate his contract.

Stefan Nilsson (YP13) - A much better season, reminiscient of his 1st few seasons at the club and not the last few.

Anders Svensson (YP16) - One of the better players this season, scored 4 times as well making him our 3rd highest scorer.

Christoffer Zekria (YP17) - After Bystrom (YP2) and Karlsson (YP8) we are really struggling for good attacking options. He is the most underperforming of the other strikers.

Lars Lundgren (YP18) - Played alright considering how bad we were throughout the season. He is attracting interest from Swedish Premier Division sides albeit the crappier ones. His contract runs out in 2 years and is refusing to even negotiate a new one so could be on his way in a few seasons. I'm gutted as he is one of best players.

Anders Axelsson (YP20) - Could be a good player for us in the future at only 21 years of age. Was back up for the defence this season but did well in the games he was called up for.

Fredrik Berg (YP21) - Was terrible and will probably leave when his contract runs out in a couple of years. Not improving at all as well as I would have hoped.

Marcus Johansson (YP22) - Another of our terrible back up strikers, just 1 goal in his 5 appearances.

Mattias Hakansson (YP23) - One of our brighter prospects, he is doing reasonably well and hopfully we can keep a hold of him for seasons to come.

Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) - Still rated highly by my assistant but I don't know what he sees in him. 18 appearances and no goals this season, admittedly 16 were off the bench.

Jonas Widmark (YP25) - Has great stats but has lived up to them . . . yet. Still only 18 so I expect him to be much better in a few seasons.

Joakim Lindqvist (YP26) - Made a few appearances but wasn't great

Jonas Andersson (YP27) - Got a good 27 appearances this season, wasn't overly impressive but hopefully the experience will do him good.

Jimmy Froberg (YP28) - Oh dear. 6.31 isn't good but looking on the bright side he is only 17 and he made all his appearances off the bench.

Youth Players (Left the Club)

Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) - Kept up a decent scoring rate with another 8 in 32 for Klagshamn

Tomas Jonsson (YP4) - Retired

Christer Lindahl (YP9) - Retired

Calle Ewald (YP11) - Continued to be absolutely rubbish

Fredrik Bjork (YP12) - Made just 2 appearances and did rubbsih in both of them.

Paul Johansson (YP14) - Joined Algarna for £2k, made 11 appearances and did rather badly.

Robin Johannesson (YP15) - Joined former teammate Calle Ewald (YP11) at Harnosand and managed to play even worse than him

Martin Andersson (YP19) - 3 goals in 9 appearances for Nybro, not bad but he hasn't been given a good run in the 1st team yet.

Finances - Only £12K League prize money this season meant we only made a small profit but we are slowly making money.

Season--------------League---------------Position-------------Swedish Cup--------------Euro Cup-------------Champions League----
2010         Second Division EG           10th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A 
2011         Second Division EG            4th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A
2012         Second Division EG            3rd               Prelim Rnd                  N/A                       N/A
2013         Second Division EG            1st                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2014         First Division South          9th                 3rd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2015         First Division South          9th                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2016         First Division South          2nd                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2017         First Division Elite         14th                    QF                     N/A                       N/A
2018         First Division Elite          6th                 4th Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2019         First Division Elite         11th                 2nd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2020         First Division Elite         13th                 2nd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A

Thanks for the comments guys :thup:

One wave of poor youths though could set a team back for a while..

Flamers

I'd like to see what a wave of poor youths looks like after what I've been getting recently

Now that we have "conspired" to help you out, make sure next year is an improvement! - Speaking of which, as the last couple of years seem to have been regressions, do you think this challenge is beginning to look beyond you? (I'd like to point out that I don't think it is impossible, I was just wondering what you (and anyone else, for that matter) felt???)

I don't think the challenge is beyond me at all I am still making profit so I am making my way to an improvement on the youth facilities. Also if you look at the table of this last season then a win in the last game would have put me 10th or maybe 9th. If I had won just 2 of the last 3 games then I would have finished 7th. So it is a very tight league I just happened to finish near the bottom of the pack this time, a couple more wins would have made a huge difference.

These challenges are definitely for the turtles of the crowd, not the hares. The intake of youth lags the increase in club reputation and quality, so if you move up the ladder, your youth intake won't be sufficient to compete at that level until some years have passed, and you have better facilities, and a better reputation solidified. Which makes the challenge here quite daunting; I gave up any thought of something similar in Wales very quickly.

200+ appearances

------------Name-----------------------Appearances-----------Goals---------------Assists-----------Average Rating--------
---------------------------------------------------------GK: Goals Conc-----GK: Clean Sheets-----------------------------

Johan Bystrom (ST)                250 (268)          90 (100)              34 (36)               6.89
       (2010-Present)

Tony Thoren (DC)                  227 (248)           6 (6)                 2 (3)                6.98
       (2010-Present)

Filip Linder (GK)                 213 (232)         267 (289)              55 (60)               6.76
       (2011-Present)

Fredrik Karlsson (ST)             210 (230)          81 (88)               39 (43)               6.90
       (2011-Present)

Key: league (all competitions)

These challenges are definitely for the turtles of the crowd, not the hares. The intake of youth lags the increase in club reputation and quality, so if you move up the ladder, your youth intake won't be sufficient to compete at that level until some years have passed, and you have better facilities, and a better reputation solidified. Which makes the challenge here quite daunting; I gave up any thought of something similar in Wales very quickly.

You could do a similar thing to dafuge. Win everything by buying players first then slowly introduce your youth until your squad is entirely youth players

I don't think the challenge is beyond me at all I am still making profit so I am making my way to an improvement on the youth facilities. Also if you look at the table of this last season then a win in the last game would have put me 10th or maybe 9th. If I had won just 2 of the last 3 games then I would have finished 7th. So it is a very tight league I just happened to finish near the bottom of the pack this time, a couple more wins would have made a huge difference.

Glad to hear it! Like DSYoungEsq says, this challenge isn't for those who get disheartened easily, so glad you are keeping positive. Do you think the facilities being upgraded are the only way you are going to progress past this point (as you mention you don't think the majority of the squad are good enough for this level), or could it be something as simple as a change in tactics or just a bit of luck?

dafuge played 80+ seasons, and IIRC, it wasn't until about season 55 or 60 that he made that move. If I'm still playing this save 50 seasons in, I'll be quite bored out of my gourd, I imagine! :D

It wasn't quite that extreme, 78 seasons in total and we went youth only in the 32nd :)

I could never have done it like this though, so best of luck and keep it up :thup:

I kinda made a mistake with this before, for example for the Euro Cup places in England I just put down the 3 clubs which finished 4th to 7th not taking into account the cups. So have redone it now.

Roll of Honour - Leagues

[center][b][u][size=3]Premier League[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]---------Champions---------Champions League--------------------------------Euro Cup----------------------------------------Relegated------------[/b]
2010/11 | Man Utd | Chelsea   Arsenal    Aston Villa | Liverpool  Tottenham     Sheff Wed (FA)  Man City (EC)  | Fulham     Blackpool  Newcastle
2011/12 | Man Utd | Man City  Arsenal    Liverpool   | Chelsea    Watford (LC)  Birmingham (FA)                | Sunderland West Ham   Wolves
2012/13 | Man Utd | Liverpool Arsenal     Chelsea    | Man City   Aston Villa   Tottenham (FA)                 | Sheff Wed  West Brom  Forest
2013/14 | Chelsea | Man Utd   Tottenham   Arsenal    | Liverpool  Man City      Aston Villa                    | Portsmouth Hull       Barnsley
2014/15 | Chelsea | Man Utd   Tottenham   Liverpool  | Man City   Arsenal       Aston Villa (LC)               | Stoke      Charlton   Plymouth
2015/16 | Man Utd | Chelsea   Tottenham   Arsenal    | Man City   Liverpool     Aston Villa                    | Burnley    Watford    Preston
2016/17 | Man Utd | Chelsea   Arsenal     Aston Villa| Tottenham  Man City      Wigan (FA)      Liverpool (EC) | West Ham   Bristol R  P'boro
2017/18 | Aston V | Chelsea   Arsenal     Man Utd    | Liverpool  Tottenham     Wigan           Man City (EC)  | Barnsley   Leicester  WBA
2018/19 | Arsenal | Chelsea   Aston Villa Tottenham  | Man Utd    Man City      Bolton (FA)                    | Charlton   Sheff Utd  Burnley
2019/20 | Chelsea | Man Utd   Aston Villa Arsenal    | Tottenham  Man City      Leeds (FA)      Birmingham (LC)| Forest     Portsmouth Leicester

[center][b][u][size=3]Ligue 1[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]---------Champions--------Champions League---------------------------Euro Cup-------------------------------------Relegated---------------[/b]
2010/11 | Monaco | Lyon      Marseille            | Lille          AS Nancy      Strasbourg (FC)   | Stade Brestois Lens         A-Avignon
2011/12 | Lyon   | PSG       Marseille            | Monaco         Stade Rennais Guingamp (FC)     | Toulouse       Le Mans      Nantes
2012/13 | Lyon   | Monaco    Lille                | Stade Rennais  Bordeaux      Marseille         | Grenoble       Auxerre      Caen
2013/14 | Lyon   | Bordeaux  Monaco               | PSG            Marseille     Stade Rennais     | Ajaccio        Nice         Amiens
2014/15 | Lyon   | Lille     Monaco               | Marseille      Bordeaux      Boulogne          | Montpellier    Valenciennes Le Mans
2015/16 | Lyon   | Monaco    PSG        Bourdeaux | Tours          Marseille     Lille             | Lens           Vannes       Paris
2016/17 | Lyon   | Monaco    Marseille            | PSG            Lille         Valenciennes (FC) | AS Cannes      Tours FC     Strasbourg
2017/18 | Lyon   | PSG       Lille      Monaco    | Bordeaux       Marseille     Guingamp (FC)     | Le Mans        Montpellier  SC Bastia
2018/19 | Lyon   | Lille     Bordeaux             | PSG            Marseille     Monaco            | Angers         Boulogne     Valenciennes 
2019/20 | Lyon   | Monaco    Lille                | PSG            Marseille     AS Canet (FC)     | Stade de Reims Chateauroux  AS Cannes

[center][b][u][size=3]German 1st Division[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]----------Champions------Champions League------------------------Euro Cup----------------------------------------Relegated-------------------[/b]
2010/11 | Schalke   | Dortmund   Wolfsburg | FC Bayern   W. Bremen   Leverkusen                   | Mainz         St Pauli     Kaiserslautern
2011/12 | FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Stuttgart | Aachen      Leverkusen  Bochum (GC)   1860 Munchen   | Hannover      Freiburg
2012/13 | FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Schalke   | W. Bremen   Dortmund    Karlsruhe     Ahlen (GC)     | Nurnberg      Gladbach     Dusseldorf
2013/14 | FC Bayern | Leverkusen HSV       | Schalke     Wolfsburg   Aachen        Koln (GC)      | Offenbach     1860 Munchen          
2014/15 | Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Dortmund  | W.Bremen    Stuttgart   Schalke                      | Frankfurt     Mainz  
2015/16 | FC Bayern | Leverkusen Schalke   | W.Bremen    Dortmund    Duisburg (GC)                | Bochum        Duisburg
2016/17 | Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Wolfsburg | Schalke     Hoffenheim  HSV           Aachen (GC)    | Dusseldorf    Ahlen
2017/18 | FC Bayern | Leverkusen Wolfsburg | Schalke     HSV         Dortmund (GC)                | Burghausen    Dresden      Hertha BSC
2018/19 | Leverkusen| Hoffenheim FC Bayern | Wolfsburg   Dortmund    Aachen        Offenbach (GC) | Karlsruhe     Gladbach
2019/20 | FC Bayern | Leverkusen Dortmund  | Hoffenheim  HSV         Wolfsburg     Aachen         | Kaiserslauten St Pauli

[center][b][u][size=3]Serie A[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]---------Champions----------Champions League----------------------------Euro Cup-------------------------------------Relegated---------------[/b]
2010/11 | Juventus | Sampdoria   Roma       Inter (CL)| AC Milan   Palermo     Napoli      Udinese (IC) | Chievo          Lecce      Brescia
2011/12 | Juventus | AC Milan    Inter      Sampdoria | Palermo    Napoli      Genoa                    | Atalanta        Torino     Novara
2012/13 | Napoli   | AC Milan    Fiorentina Roma      | Juventus   Genoa       Roma (IC)                | Bologna         Bari       Cesena
2013/14 | Juventus | Roma        Palermo    Genoa     | Napoli     Fiorentina  Cagliari (IC)            | Sassuolo        Triestina  Modena
2014/15 | Inter    | Napoli      Roma       AC Milan  | Juventus   Udinese     Genoa (IC)               | Lecce           Brescia    Empoli 
2015/16 | AC Milan | Napoli      Sampdoria  Juventus  | Genoa      Inter       Udinese (IC)             | Cesena          Vicenza    Chievo 
2016/17 | Inter    | AC Milan    Napoli     Udinese   | Roma       Palermo     Genoa (IC)               | Ascoli          Atalanta   Siena
2017/18 | Palermo  | Juventus    AC Milan   Napoli    | Udinese    Inter       Genoa                    | Cremonese       Livorno    Cittadella
2018/19 | Inter    | Fiorentina  Napoli     AC Milan  | Catania    Roma        Juventus                 | Sassuolo        Bologna    Atalanta
2019/20 | AC Milan | Fiorentina  Juventus   Roma      | Napoli     Palermo     Inter                    | Novara          Ascoli     Bari

[center][b][u][size=3]La Liga[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[b]----------Champions--------Champions League------------------------------Euro Cup----------------------------------Relegated----------------[/b]
2010/11 | R. Madrid | Barcelona   At. Madrid  Athletic  |   Villareal     Sevilla     Sporting       | Racing        Almeria       Osasuna
2011/12 | Barcelona | R.Madrid    Villareal   At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Valencia    Getafe (SC)    | Tenerife      Numancia      Xerez
2012/13 | R.Madrid  | Barcelona   Valencia    At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Mallorca    Osasuna (SC)   | Almeria       Hercules      Levante
2013/14 | R.Madrid  | Barcelona   At. Madrid  Malaga    |   Sevilla       Villareal   Valencia       | Girona        Osasuna       Recreativo  
2014/15 | R.Madrid  | Barcelona   At. Madrid  Sevilla   |   Malaga        Villareal   Valencia (SC)  | Racing        R. Sociedad   Betis 
2015/16 | R.Madrid  | Barcelona   Sevilla     Villareal |   At. Madrid    Valencia    Deportivo      | Recreativo    Murcia        Elche 
2016/17 | Barcelona | Sevilla     At. Madrid  Villareal |   R.Madrid      Athletic    Vallodolid (SC)| Numancia      Cadiz         Oviedo
2017/18 | Barcelona | Sevilla     Getafe      At. Madrid|   Zaragoza      R.Madrid    Valencia       | Hercules      Sant Andreu   Racing
2018/19 | Barcelona | Sevilla     Malaga      Valencia  |   Zaragoza      R.Madrid    Villareal      | Salamanca     Alaves        Albacete
2019/20 | Barcelona | Villareal   R.Madrid    Sevilla   |   At. Madrid    Athletic    Valencia       | Almeria       Elche         Cadiz

Some teams got into Europe via winning or getting to the final of a cup, here is a key:

CL - Champions League

EC - Euro Cup

FA - FA Cup

LC - League Cup

FC - French Cup

GC - German Cup

IC - Italian Cup

SC - Spanish Cup

If there is nothing next to a team's name then they got into Europe via their league position

Roll of Honour - Cups

Champions League

2010/11: Inter e4-1 R.Madrid

2011/12: Man Utd 3-1 Barcelona

2012/13: Real Madrid 4-0 AC Milan

2013/14: Man Utd 1-0 Lyon

2014/15: R.Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

2015/16: Lyon p1-1 Chelsea

2016/17: Barcelona 2-1 PSG

2017/18: Leverkusen 0-2 Lyon

2018/19: Aston Villa 0-4 Sevilla

2019/20: Arsenal 3-0 Leverkusen

Euro Cup

2010/11: Man City 3-1 Napoli

2011/12: FC Bayern e2-1 Leverkusen

2012/13: Genoa 1-3 Palermo

2013/14: Porto 2-1 Juventus

2014/15: Liverpool p1-1 Marseille

2015/16: Man City 0-2 Arsenal

2016/17: Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd

2017/18: Real Madrid 2-3e Man City

2018/19: Liverpool 1-3 Inter

2019/20: Man Utd 2-0 Tottenham

FA Cup

2010/11: Sheff Wed 1-3 Chelsea

2011/12: Man Utd e2-1 Birmingham

2012/13: Tottenham p2-2 Blackburn

2013/14: Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea

2014/15: Tottenham 3-2 Man Utd

2015/16: Liverpool 1-3 Man Utd

2016/17: Man Utd 3-1 Wigan

2017/18: Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea

2018/19: Bolton 2-3e Chelsea

2019/20: Arsenal 2-1 Leeds

French Cup

2010/11: Strasbourg 1-0 Lorient

2011/12: Guingamp 2-1 Lyon

2012/13: Marseille 3-1 AS Monaco

2013/14: Marseille 1-3 Lyon

2014/15: Lyon 4-0 Caen

2015/16: Bourdeaux 3-0 Vannes

2016/17: Valenciennes 2-1 Nancy

2017/18: Guingamp 2-1 FC Sochaux

2018/19: Stade Rennais 1-2 AS Monaco

2019/20: AS Canet 2-1 US Saint-Omer

German Cup

2010/11: HSV 1-3 FC Bayern

2011/12: FC Bayern 2-1 Bochum

2012/13: Ahlen 1-3 Schalke

2013/14: HSV 1-1p Koln

2014/15: Schalke 4-1 Leverkusen

2015/16: FC Bayern 4-0 Duisburg

2016/17: Stuttgart 1-1p Schalke

2017/18: Wolfsburg p0-0 Dortmund

2018/19: Leverkusen 1-0 Offenbach

2019/20: FC Bayern 0-3 Hoffenheim

Italian Cup

2010/11: Napoli 1-2 Udinese

2011/12: Palermo 2-1 Lazio

2012/13: Roma 3-0 Juventus

2013/14: Cagliari 1-2 Juventus

2014/15: Napoli 2-4 Genoa

2015/16: AC Milan 1-2 Udinese

2016/17: Genoa 3-2 Napoli

2017/18: Inter p2-2 Udinese

2018/19: Fiorentina 2-0 Inter

2019/20: Roma 1-2 AC Milan

Spanish Cup

2010/11: At.Madrid 1-0 R.Madrid

2011/12: R.Madrid 3-2 Getafe

2012/13: Valencia 1-2 Osasuna

2013/14: R.Madrid 2-1 Barcelona

2014/15: Valencia 0-3 R.Madrid

2015/16: R.Madrid 2-0 Barcelona

2016/17: Valladolid 2-3e Villareal

2017/18: Barcelona 2-1 At Madrid

2018/19: Barcelona 5-0 R.Madrid

2019/20: R.Madrid e4-2 Barcelona

European Championship

2012: Portugal 2-0 Holland *England failed to qualify, finishing behind Wales and Switzerland in their group.

2016: Poland 1-0 Serbia wtf??? *England do their standard early knockout stage exit by losing 2-0 to France in the 2nd Round.

2020: France 2-1 Portugal *England reached the Quarter Finals where they were knocked out by Portugal 3-1

World Cup

2014: Germany 0-0p Brazil *England reached the 2nd round before being knocked by Belgium 2-0

2018: Brazil 0-2 Belgium *England came 3rd by beating Serbia 2-0 in the 3rd place playoff. They lost to Brazil 2-0 in the semis.

If you want any updates on specific teams don't hesitate to ask

This is awesome. I love trying to develop youth players. I dont know how you get through so much so quickly though. You must get a lot more time to play the game than me.

I am at uni at the moment which explains how I get through the seasons quickly. Compared to some people on this forum I am going really slowly especially as the Swedish seasons are around half the amount of games as England/Spain/Italy. Glad you're enjoying it.

Glad to hear it! Like DSYoungEsq says, this challenge isn't for those who get disheartened easily, so glad you are keeping positive. Do you think the facilities being upgraded are the only way you are going to progress past this point (as you mention you don't think the majority of the squad are good enough for this level), or could it be something as simple as a change in tactics or just a bit of luck?

I think I will need the facilities to be upgraded to get promoted but every season is helping as it is (hopefully) getting our club reputation up which I think plays a factor in the quality of youth players. I will always consider changing my tactics to fit in with the quality of my squad, next season I will probably play 2 up front even in home games as I lack depth in the striker department at the moment.

I think my luck generally evens out over the season, I wouldn't say I have been unlucky so far but if we have a very lucky season we might have a shot at promotion

Oh, and btw, since it is apparent that your lads need to have the confusion cleared up:

I am predicting that, in two seasons from now, they will be in the PROMOTION PLAYOFFS. :)

I'll be sure to tell them, maybe it's my Swedish translation that they don't understand

It wasn't quite that extreme, 78 seasons in total and we went youth only in the 32nd :)

I could never have done it like this though, so best of luck and keep it up :thup:

Thanks dafuge

[center][b][u]IK Tord: All Matches[/u][/b][/center]

--------Season-------Games Played--------Won--------Drawn---------Lost--------For--------Against--------GD--------Win%-------------
        2010              24               6          8          10         24 (1.00)   27 (1.13)      -3         25%
        2011              22               9          7           6         38 (1.73)   29 (1.32)      +9         41%
        2012              23              10          5           8         32 (1.39)   29 (1.26)      +3         43%
        2013              24              14          7           3         41 (1.71)   24 (1.00)      +17        58%
        2014              30              11          8          11         41 (1.37)   38 (1.27)      +3         37%
        2015              28              10          6          12         43 (1.54)   35 (1.28)      +8         36%
        2016              30              16          8           6         50 (1.67)   27 (0.90)      +23        53%
        2017              37              10         16          11         44 (1.19)   44 (1.19)      +0         27%
        2018              34              17          3          14         37 (1.09)   34 (1.00)      +3         50%
        2019              31              11          6          14         37 (1.19)   48 (1.55)      -11        35%
        2020              34              13          5          16         39 (1.15)   46 (1.35)      -7         38%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Total            317             127         79         111        426 (1.34)  381 (1.20)      +45        40%

[center][b][u]IK Tord: Home Matches[/u][/b][/center]

--------Season-------Games Played--------Won--------Drawn---------Lost--------For--------Against--------GD--------Win%-------------
      2010               12               5          5             2       15 (1.25)    10 (0.83)      +5         42%
      2011               11               5          4             2       21 (1.91)    13 (1.18)      +8         45%
      2012               12               7          3             2       22 (1.83)    12 (1.00)      +10        58%
      2013               12               8          3             1       21 (1.75)     8 (0.67)      +13        67%
      2014               15               6          3             6       16 (1.07)    13 (0.87)      +3         40%
      2015               14               7          4             3       24 (1.71)    13 (0.93)      +11        50%
      2016               14              10          4             0       24 (1.71)     5 (0.36)      +19        71%
      2017               19               6          9             4       25 (1.32)    17 (0.89)      +8         32%
      2018               16              10          2             4       20 (1.25)    14 (0.88)      +6         63% 
      2019               15               6          3             6       16 (1.07)    17 (1.13)      -1         40%
      2020               16              10          1             5       23 (1.44)    20 (1.25)      +3         63%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Total             156              80         41            35      227 (1.46)   142 (0.91)      +85        51%

[center][b][u]IK Tord: Away Matches[/u][/b][/center]

2010               12               1          3             8        9 (0.75)    17 (1.42)      -8          8%
      2011               11               4          3             4       17 (1.55)    16 (1.45)      +1         36%
      2012               11               3          2             6       10 (0.91)    17 (1.55)      -7         27%
      2013               12               6          4             2       20 (1.67)    16 (1.33)      +4         50%
      2014               15               5          5             5       25 (1.67)    25 (1.67)      +0         33%
      2015               14               3          2             9       19 (1.36)    22 (1.57)      -3         21%
      2016               16               6          4             6       26 (1.63)    22 (1.38)      +4         38%
      2017               18               4          7             7       19 (1.40)    27 (1.32)      -8         22%
      2018               18               7          1            10       17 (0.94)    20 (1.11)      -3         39%
      2019               16               5          3             8       21 (1.31)    31 (1.94)      -10        31%
      2020               18               3          4            11       16 (0.89)    26 (1.44)      -10        17%
      Total             161              47         38            76      199 (1.24)   239 (1.48)      -40        29%

Lets go conquer Sweden competitions, after europe, then the world!

GO GO GO, I LOVE YOUR MAIN AIM, IS THE HARDEST I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Thanks, I like your enthusiasm :D

I would like to take credit for this but my assisstant manager was in charge for this match:

The final score was 7-0 with Johan Heinonen scoring 2 cracking goals (2nd and 3rd ones in the highlights).

As you can see we were very lucky, managing to score 7 from just 6 shots on target. It's just a pity only 24 people saw it live.

Preseason

Media Prediction: 16th

Promotion Odds: 80-1

Expectations: Attempt to avoid relegation

Wage Budget: £7,039 (£6,542)

Wage Bill: £3,136 (£2,987)

Ticket price: £16.40 (£17.00)

Season Ticket Holders: 267 (265)

Season Ticket Price: £183.00 (£188.00)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

I started off the season by signing a new 5 year contract at £95/week.

2 new youth players come into the ranks:

Bojan Ohlsson (YP29) (DC) - Report

Anton Dahlberg (YP30) (DM, MC) - Report

Friendlies

Tord 2-1 Skovde AIK

Sollentuna 0-7 Tord

Tord 0-0 Ljungskile

Enskede 0-1 Tord

Tenhult 2-5 Tord

A very good preseason with 7-0 and 5-2 wins.

For me, the goal of that game that impresses is that first one. That's a fantastic little header into a tight space, pounced upon and slotted home quite nicely.

I just hope we haven't used up all our quality in pre season we need to save some for the games that matter.

Very pretty soccer

it's called football :mad:

:D

I imagine its difficult to predict success (or the lack thereof) in this save, as you aren't buying players. Normally we'd all assume a few years of squad building at a certain level will mean a better chance at promotion, and more importantly survival once promoted. However, as you are completely reliant on (less than adequate) youth facilities it's difficult to judge whether or not any number of years at a certain level will benefit you in the long run...

That being said, come on Tord! Make us proud!!!

hey mate! many congradulation from me for your effort. it will surelly be very very difficult to manage it. but if you do that you'll be one of the best! really.

i think that what you need now -as you cannot have the best players, especially now that your youth recruitment isnt good- is to become o perfectionist on tactics. you may need to spend more time in the games in order o do that but i firmly believe that this is the only way to manage it in a normal way (speaking about how long it will take you). with great tactics and average players you'll be able to do that! keep on! you started something awesome!

Glad to see you're sticking with this, I don't think it'll be long before you make the breakthrough and are up the top end of the table. How many seasons do you reckon before you can realistically challenge?

I'm hoping it won't be too long but realistically it could take quite a while.

I imagine its difficult to predict success (or the lack thereof) in this save, as you aren't buying players. Normally we'd all assume a few years of squad building at a certain level will mean a better chance at promotion, and more importantly survival once promoted. However, as you are completely reliant on (less than adequate) youth facilities it's difficult to judge whether or not any number of years at a certain level will benefit you in the long run...

That being said, come on Tord! Make us proud!!!

Thanks, the problem is that I don't know how much money I need for the board to accept my youth facilities request.

hey mate! many congradulation from me for your effort. it will surelly be very very difficult to manage it. but if you do that you'll be one of the best! really.

i think that what you need now -as you cannot have the best players, especially now that your youth recruitment isnt good- is to become o perfectionist on tactics. you may need to spend more time in the games in order o do that but i firmly believe that this is the only way to manage it in a normal way (speaking about how long it will take you). with great tactics and average players you'll be able to do that! keep on! you started something awesome!

Thanks, I am always tweaking my tactics in an attempt to make them better. I normally go for quite attacking tactics in fm to make the games more exciting and because I like that style of football but I am realising that we are too far out of our depth to play that attacking football. I think we need to be more defensive to pick up results.

Still can't create a good away tactic any suggestions are more than welcome

i am not a master-tactician but the "super defence" tactic is what you may need. i agree with with you that at this stage you have to be defensive even though it is "ugly" being defensive at FM. keep on trying! i also see that you update too soon and this makes me think that you watch the games at "only commentary". if this happens you can try to watch for a while the key moments of the games (in "fast") in order to watch and ynderstand better how tactics work on your team. on the other hand i am sure that you've tried it probably after so many seasons! keep on!

edit: the link about the tactic i've mentioned is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/241387-4-2-3-1-Super_Defense

4-3-1-2 works nicely to restrict things away from home, you can really compress the space if you push your d-line up as well.

Is that 3 dm's and a cm or 3 cm's and an am?

i am not a master-tactician but the "super defence" tactic is what you may need. i agree with with you that at this stage you have to be defensive even though it is "ugly" being defensive at FM. keep on trying! i also see that you update too soon and this makes me think that you watch the games at "only commentary". if this happens you can try to watch for a while the key moments of the games (in "fast") in order to watch and ynderstand better how tactics work on your team. on the other hand i am sure that you've tried it probably after so many seasons! keep on!

edit: the link about the tactic i've mentioned is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/241387-4-2-3-1-Super_Defense

I have always watched key highlights of matches on about 1/2 speed.

Thanks, I will have a look at that tactic and take some ideas from it

For my first two seasons, when I was worried that we weren't comparable to our top opponents, I used 4-1-2-2-1, with attacking wingers flanking the striker up top. One of the two central midfielders was always set to help out the DM; the roles used depended upon just how defensive I thought I had to be. That is, if the DM had to play as a stopper (anchor man), then his partner in the center played as a deep lying playmaker (defend or support as needed). On the other hand, if the DM was the deep lying playmaker, then his midfield partner was box-to-box, there to help the DM when the other side was attacking, but off to the races as soon as the break was on (we often played with counter-attacking tactics). The other midfielder plays as a ball-hawk in the center of the pitch; his job is to win the ball away and set the offense in motion. Has to be someone with some physicality and technique. The nice thing about this tactical setup is that you can easily drop the midfield partner back into a DM slot without even changing the role, and can handle even the toughest teams that way without your players having to "learn" a new tactic.

steady progress mate, but getting a few relegation battles.

How are the facilities coming along? Have you enough money to invest in youth development yet?

The facilities are still the same as they were at the start of the game. I have about £300k at the moment but I have no idea how much is needed for an improvement to be made. We are making a decent amount of profit each season but mainly due to prize money.

April 2021

Swedish Cup 1st Round: VMA IK 0-2 Tord

Not as easy as we would have liked. VMA IK could have taken the lead in the 1st half but they missed a penalty. We punished them for that late in the 2nd half when Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) and Johan Heinonen both scored within 3 mins of each other to see us edge the victory.

League: Tord 2-2 Norrkoping

At half time it looked like we were cruising to victory when debutant Anton Dahlberg (YP30) scored twice, in the 14th and 25th mins. However they do say 2-0 is the most dangerous scoreline and we proved it by conceding twice in 3 mins in the 2nd half to throw away the win.

League: Malmo FF 4-0 Tord

Admittedly they are one of Sweden's biggest clubs but even so we were embarrassingly bad. 3-0 down at half time, we regained some composure in the 2nd half only to concede another in injury time.

Swedish Cup 2nd Round: Orebro Syrianksa e2-1 Tord

Our 6th consecutive away draw in the cup :( just once I would like a home draw. We were doing alright up until the last 10 mins of normal time. We were 1-0 up thanks to a goal from Isaac Blixt but Syrianska equalised and then ran away with the game in extra time. Clear and deserved winners in the end.

League: Tord 1-1 Brommapojkarna

Really frustrating, should have won this game comfortably but we just couldn't find the net. Brommapojkarna took a 1st half lead against the run of play. Tony Thoren (YP5) equalised 15 mins into the 2nd half but we couldn't get that elusive winner.

League: Atvidaberg 1-1 Tord

An uneventful 1st half was followed by an action packed 2nd half. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) gave us the lead int he 47th min. We sat back attempting to defend our slender lead and it looked like we were going to be successful until the 94th min when an Atvidaberg corner was headed home from a few yards out.

League: Tord 4-1 Vasalund

Finally we get the win. We were fantastic in this game, Lars Lundgren (YP18) and Christoffer Zekria (YP17) gave us a 2-0 lead at half time. Christoffer Zekria (YP17) and Tony Thoren (YP5) both scored in the 2nd half to give us a massive 4-0 lead. The only bad thing in this game was Stefan Nilsson (YP13)'s sending off which allowed Vasalund to get a consolation. This is the match I was trying out a new tactic based on all the info you guys gave me so thank you :thup:.

LeagueTableApr-3.png

Archived