[FM11] IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products

hrbfcrule

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments everyone. Yer this season has been a bit of a surprise, we have performed incredibly well but I still need a few decent strikers as we struggle to score too many goals.

As I predicted. You seem to follow my pre-set path pretty well. Wanna pay me something nice and handsome so I predict faster progress? :D

Have you tried varying away tactics to see if you can grab some draws when out on the road?

I would pay you but due to the loan the board took out I can't afford it :D

Yer I have changed my away tactic and it seems to have worked reasonably well as you will see in the next few updates. Unfortunately we are now struggling at home:rolleyes:.

My away tactic is now more defensive: I changed from a 4-4-2 diamond (with 2 CM's instead of wingers) to a 4-1-3-2 (DM and 3 CM's).

August 2018

League: Atvidaberg 1-0 Tord

Could and should have been many more than just the 1. We can count ourselves lucky we weren't embarrassed.

League: Tord 2-1 Syrianska Kerburan

A couple of changes at half time seemed to do the trick, after a poor 1st half where we found ourselves a goal down we played out of our skin in the 2nd half to win the match. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) and Fredrik Bjork (YP12) scored within the 1st 10 mins of the 2nd half to turn the game around.

League: Oster 1-0 Tord

Played much better in this away game but still lost. The team are showing encouraging signs in this new tactic though. If we keep playing like this on the road it shouldn't be too long before we get some results.

League: Tord 0-1 Sleipner

Don't know why we performed so badly when we usually are pretty good at home. Although to be fair Sleipner are top of the league and look like winning it.

LeagueTableAug-45.png

September 2018

League: GAIS 2-1 Tord

Another great away performance but again we failed to get anything from the match. GAIS took an early lead but Johan Heinonen got us an equaliser in the 60th min. It looked like we had done enough for the draw but in the 89th min GAIS retook the lead and held onto it.

League: Tord 0-0 LB07

Bore draw. Not a single shot on target in the match just about sums it up really.

League: Trelleborg 1-2 Tord

It looked like it was going to be a typical away day for us when they took the lead after just 4 mins but Johan Bystrom (YP2) put us back in the mix in 1st half injury time after a generally lacklustre 1st half. Marcus Johansson (YP22) completed the win in the 74th min with his 1st goal for the club. That puts an end to 8 straight away losses and 10 away games without a win.

League: Vasalund 0-1 Tord

Very much a snatch and grab from us but I don't care as it has brought us back to back away wins. Johan Heinonen got the only goal with our 1st shot on target in the 89th min.

League: Tord 3-2 Falkenberg

Don't normally score this many, actually it's the 1st time we have scored more than 2 for 26 games. All our goals came from Fredrik Karlsson (YP8), he gave us the lead in the 14th min before Falkenberg equalised to make it 1-1 at ht. Then in the 2nd half he scored twice in 4 mins to secure the win.

LeagueTableSept-42.png

October 2018

League: Brommapojkarna 2-1 Tord

We were unfortunate to lose after Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) gave us the lead 4 mins from the break. Brommapojkarna rode their luck in the 2nd half to score twice in quick succession to claim an undeserved win.

League: Tord 0-1 Norrkoping

Again unfortunate to lose as we were the better team on the day. Despite this I am happy as we have proved we can play as well as one of the better teams in the division.

League: Orgryte 1-3 Tord

Despite us being safe from relegation and nowhere near promotion this game still had a lot riding on it. We were 6th before the game but even a draw or loss could see us drop to 11th. This wouldn't be a huge disaster but due to prize money being relative to where you finish it was imperative we won. Knowing this we promptly conceded within the opening 30 seconds to go 1 down at half time. But a 2nd half rally, courtesy of super sub Fredrik Bjork (YP12) which saw him score twice, saved us. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) got the other goal which helped us secure 6th place, a massive improvement on last season.

Alright!! :) Way to go! Playoffs next season, right??! :)

Thank God you aren't playing with the Poles loaded. ;)

I doubt we will make the playoffs next season as I think we overperformed this season but i'll give it a go.

what's wrong with Poles? :O

Because there is something wrong with the new patch which won't allow your save game to load if you have the Polish divisions loaded

so I have to wait with installing the new patch :(

Yup unfortunately

Glad I'm not playing a journeyman save! Great season, hope the extra prize money makes a differences with the finances.

No chance of that, the prize money has actually been halved:confused:

Hello hrbfcrule!

Just read through this entire thread and now just dissapointed there isn't more.

Great writing style and fantastic progress using only your youth players, admirable patience really as well to say that you've not had so much talent come through in the last few years.

KUTGW.

End of Season Report: IK Tord Swedish First Division Elite, 2018

League Table, League Graph

Squad

Swedish Cup

We had a fantastic start to the season winning our 1st 6 games in all competitions. The pinnacle of our good form came when we beat AIK (who finished 2nd in the Premiership) 2-0 in the Swedish Cup 3rd Round. After this things started to go wrong and we slowly dropped down the table into a midtable position. This also affected our cup form where all our good work was undone as we were dumped out by lower league opposition in the 4th Round. At this point we were effectively safe from relegation unless something disastrous happened and it almost did as we could only muster 1 win in the 1st 9 games of the 2nd half of the season. Luckily I managed to sort out our away form which was a big part of the problem and we scraped together 3 wins in a row which saw us mathematically safe from relegation. We could have dropped to 11th in the last match of the season but we won it so stayed 6th although the prize money was still very disappointing.

Youth Players (At the Club)

Anton Alvefelt (YP1) - Will probably be let go soon. Another sub par season as Calle Ewald (YP11) cemented his place ahead of Alvefelt (YP1).

Johan Bystrom (YP2) - So far has not really stepped up to this division, a terrible season in which he only scored 5 times.

Tony Thoren (YP5) - Brilliant season for the centre back, our best player of the season and it was very much needed with our misfiring strikers.

Filip Linder (YP6) - Still 1st choice, conceded 33 in 31 games this season, pretty good I would say.

Niklas Andersson (YP7) - Still 2nd choice, got a bit angry towards the end of season as he wasn't getting enough games and even asked to be transfer listed which I accepted. He has since asked to stay.

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) - Our best striker but that's not really saying much. His little burst of goals in the last few matches papered over the cracks of a terrible season for him.

Fredrik Lundgren (YP10) - Didn't get many games but did alright in the ones he did play in.

Calle Ewald (YP11) - Has now overtaken Alvefelt (YP1) as 1st choice left back. Compared to the rest of the team he did really well, hopefully he can continue to improve on this.

Fredrik Bjork (YP12) - Did alright but struggled to find fitness for parts of the season hence all his sub appearances.

Stefan Nilsson (YP13) - Another play that has struggled with the step up to the 1st Division Elite. Did alright in the cup matches though.

Paul Johansson (YP14) - Average season just like the rest of the midfield.

Robin Johannesson (YP15) - Only a handful of appearances for him in which he was terrible.

Anders Svensson (YP16) - Continues his fantastic centre back partnership with Tony Thoren (YP5). Our defence has been the cornerstone of our success over the years.

Christoffer Zekria (YP17) - Not great but it was a season where every striker struggled so I'll let him off.

Lars Lundgren (YP18) - Big improvement on last season but still has some way to go to be a great midfielder at this level.

Martin Andersson (YP19) - Another largely disappointing season, may be sold next season as he seems to be going downhill.

Anders Axelsson (YP20) - Put last season behind him and a reasonably decent time this season, only 19 so things look hopeful for the future.

Fredrik Berg (YP21) - Had to be retrained to a centre mid but still gave him a few games anyway. Did well considering he came off the bench.

Marcus Johansson (YP22) - Only 3 sub appearances and 1 goal for him but the door could be open for him if Martin Andersson (YP19) is sold.

Mattias Hakansson (YP23) - Same as every other midfielder, nothing special but nothing terrible.

Youth Players (Left the Club)

Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) - Sold at the start of the season for £2k, fans thought it was an aberration that I sold him but his performances for Klagshamn showed everyone I was right.

Tomas Jonsson (YP4) - Retired

Christer Lindahl (YP9) - Another player who's sick of being on the bench, asked to leave I accepted and we mutually terminated his contract.

Finances - More profit but wages are starting to rise and prize money is dropping, things can only get worse.

Season--------------League---------------Position-------------Swedish Cup--------------Euro Cup-------------Champions League----
2010         Second Division EG           10th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A 
2011         Second Division EG            4th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A
2012         Second Division EG            3rd               Prelim Rnd                  N/A                       N/A
2013         Second Division EG            1st                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2014         First Division South          9th                 3rd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2015         First Division South          9th                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2016         First Division South          2nd                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2017         First Division Elite         14th                    QF                     N/A                       N/A
2018         First Division Elite          6th                 4th Rnd                   N/A                       N/A

Hello hrbfcrule!

Just read through this entire thread and now just dissapointed there isn't more.

Great writing style and fantastic progress using only your youth players, admirable patience really as well to say that you've not had so much talent come through in the last few years.

KUTGW.

Thanks very much and I'm sorry I disappointed you :D

Roll of Honour - Leagues

[center][b][u][size=3]Premier League[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-------------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11  |   Man Utd |  Chelsea   Arsenal    Aston Villa  |   Liverpool  Tottenham    Sunderland |  Fulham      Blackpool  Newcastle
2011/12  |   Man Utd |  Man City  Arsenal    Liverpool    |   Chelsea    Aston Villa  Tottenham  |  Sunderland  West Ham   Wolves
2012/13  |   Man Utd |  Liverpool Arsenal    Chelsea      |   Man City   Aston Villa  Tottenham  |  Sheff Wed   West Brom  Forest
2013/14  |   Chelsea |  Man Utd   Tottenham  Arsenal      |   Liverpool  Man City     Aston Villa|  Portsmouth  Hull       Barnsley
2014/15  |   Chelsea |  Man Utd   Tottenham  Liverpool    |   Man City   Arsenal      Blackburn  |  Stoke       Charlton   Plymouth
2015/16  |   Man Utd |  Chelsea   Tottenham  Arsenal      |   Man City   Liverpool    Aston Villa|  Burnley     Watford    Preston
2016/17  |   Man Utd |  Chelsea   Arsenal    Aston Villa  |   Tottenham  Man City     Liverpool  |  West Ham    Bristol R  Peterborough
2017/18  |   Aston V |  Chelsea   Arsenal    Man Utd      |   Man City   Liverpool    Tottenham  |  Barnsley    Leicester  West Brom

[center][b][u][size=3]Ligue 1[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-----------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  AS Monaco | Lyon       Marseille   |    Lille          AS Nancy       PSG          | Stade Brestois  Lens          Arles-Avignon
2011/12   |  Lyon      | PSG        Marseille   |    AS Monaco      Stade Rennais  Lille        | Toulouse        Le Mans       Nantes
2012/13   |  Lyon      | AS Monaco  Lille       |    Stade Rennais  Bordeaux       Marseille    | Grenoble        Auxerre       Caen
2013/14   |  Lyon      | Bordeaux   AS Monaco   |    PSG            Marseille      Stade Rennais| Ajaccio         Nice          Amiens
2014/15   |  Lyon      | Lille      AS Monaco   |    Marseille      Bordeaux       Boulogne     | Montpellier     Valenciennes  Le Mans
2015/16   |  Lyon      | AS Monaco  PSG         |    Bordeaux       Tours          OM           | Lens            Vannes        Paris
2016/17   |  Lyon      | AS Monaco  OM          |    PSG            Lille          Bordeaux     | AS Cannes       Tours FC      RC Strasbourg
2017/18   |  Lyon      | PSG        Lille       |    AS Monaco      Bordeaux       OM           | Le Mans         Montpellier   SC Bastia

[center][b][u][size=3]German 1st Division[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-----------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  Schalke   | Dortmund   Wolfsburg   |    FC Bayern      W. Bremen      Leverkusen   | Mainz           St Pauli      Kaiserslautern
2011/12   |  FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Stuttgart   |    Aachen         Leverkusen     Schalke      | Hannover        Freiburg
2012/13   |  FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Schalke     |    W. Bremen      Dortmund       Karlsruhe    | Nurnberg        Gladbach      Dusseldorf
2013/14   |  FC Bayern | Leverkusen HSV         |    Schalke        Wolfsburg      Karlsruhe    | Offenbach       1860 Munchen          
2014/15   |  Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Dortmund    |    W.Bremen       Stuttgart      Schalke      | Frankfurt       Mainz  
2015/16   |  FC Bayern | Leverkusen Schalke     |    W.Bremen       Dortmund       Wolfsburg    | Bochum          Duisburg
2016/17   |  Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Wolfsburg   |    Schalke        Hoffenheim     HSV          | Dusseldorf      Ahlen
2017/18   |  FC Bayern | Leverkusen Wolfsburg   |    Schalke        HSV            Stuttgart    | Burghausen      Dresden       Hertha BSC

[center][b][u][size=3]Serie A[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]----------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]-------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  Juventus  | Sampdoria    Roma       AC Milan  |   Inter         Palermo     Napoli   | Chievo          Lecce      Brescia
2011/12   |  Juventus  | AC Milan     Inter      Sampdoria |   Palermo       Napoli      Genoa    | Atalanta        Torino     Novara
2012/13   |  Napoli    | AC Milan     Fiorentina Roma      |   Juventus      Genoa       Cagliari | Bologna         Bari       Cesena
2013/14   |  Juventus  | Roma         Palermo    Genoa     |   Napoli        Fiorentina  AC Milan | Sassuolo        Triestina  Modena          
2014/15   |  Inter     | Napoli       Roma       AC Milan  |   Juventus      Udinese     Palermo  | Lecce           Brescia    Empoli 
2015/16   |  AC Milan  | Napoli       Sampdoria  Juventus  |   Genoa         Inter       Roma     | Cesena          Vicenza    Chievo 
2016/17   |  Inter     | AC Milan     Napoli     Udinese   |   Roma          Palermo     Juventus | Ascoli          Atalanta   Siena
2017/18   |  Palermo   | Juventus     AC Milan   Napoli    |   Udinese       Inter       Genoa    | Cremonese       Livorno    Cittadella

[center][b][u][size=3]La Liga[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-----------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]-------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  R. Madrid | Barcelona    At. Madrid  Athletic  |   Villareal     Sevilla     Sporting | Racing        Almeria       Osasuna
2011/12   |  Barcelona | R.Madrid     Villareal   At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Valencia    Zaragoza | Tenerife      Numancia      Xerez
2012/13   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    Valencia    At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Mallorca    Athletic | Almeria       Hercules      Levante
2013/14   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    At. Madrid  Malaga    |   Sevilla       Villareal   Valencia | Girona        Osasuna       Recreativo  
2014/15   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    At. Madrid  Sevilla   |   Malaga        Villareal   Mallorca | Racing        R. Sociedad   Betis 
2015/16   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    Sevilla     Villareal |   At. Madrid    Valencia    Deportivo| Recreativo    Murcia        Elche 
2016/17   |  Barcelona | Sevilla      At. Madrid  Villareal |   R.Madrid      Athletic    Getafe   | Numancia      Cadiz         Oviedo
2017/18   |  Barcelona | Sevilla      Getafe      At. Madrid|   Zaragoza      R.Madrid    Valencia | Hercules      Sant Andreu   Racing

Roll of Honour - Cups

Champions League

2010/11: Inter e4-1 R.Madrid

2011/12: Man Utd 3-1 Barcelona

2012/13: Real Madrid 4-0 AC Milan

2013/14: Man Utd 1-0 Lyon

2014/15: R.Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

2015/16: Lyon p1-1 Chelsea

2016/17: Barcelona 2-1 PSG

2017/18: Leverkusen 0-2 Lyon

Euro Cup

2010/11: Man City 3-1 Napoli

2011/12: FC Bayern e2-1 Leverkusen

2012/13: Genoa 1-3 Palermo

2013/14: Porto 2-1 Juventus

2014/15: Liverpool p1-1 Marseille

2015/16: Man City 0-2 Arsenal

2016/17: Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd

2017/18: Real Madrid 2-3e Man City

FA Cup

2010/11: Sheff Wed 1-3 Chelsea

2011/12: Man Utd e2-1 Birmingham

2012/13: Tottenham p2-2 Blackburn

2013/14: Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea

2014/15: Tottenham 3-2 Man Utd

2015/16: Liverpool 1-3 Man Utd

2016/17: Man Utd 3-1 Wigan

2017/18: Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea

French Cup

2010/11: Strasbourg 1-0 Lorient

2011/12: Guingamp 2-1 Lyon

2012/13: Marseille 3-1 AS Monaco

2013/14: Marseille 1-3 Lyon

2014/15: Lyon 4-0 Caen

2015/16: Bourdeaux 3-0 Vannes

2016/17: Valenciennes 2-1 Nancy

2017/18: Guingamp 2-1 FC Sochaux

German Cup

2010/11: HSV 1-3 FC Bayern

2011/12: FC Bayern 2-1 Bochum

2012/13: Ahlen 1-3 Schalke

2013/14: HSV 1-1p Koln

2014/15: Schalke 4-1 Leverkusen

2015/16: FC Bayern 4-0 Duisburg

2016/17: Stuttgart 1-1p Schalke

2017/18: Wolfsburg p0-0 Dortmund

Italian Cup

2010/11: Napoli 1-2 Udinese

2011/12: Palermo 2-1 Lazio

2012/13: Roma 3-0 Juventus

2013/14: Cagliari 1-2 Juventus

2014/15: Napoli 2-4 Genoa

2015/16: AC Milan 1-2 Udinese

2016/17: Genoa 3-2 Napoli

2017/18: Inter p2-2 Udinese

Spanish Cup

2010/11: At.Madrid 1-0 R.Madrid

2011/12: R.Madrid 3-2 Getafe

2012/13: Valencia 1-2 Osasuna

2013/14: R.Madrid 2-1 Barcelona

2014/15: Valencia 0-3 R.Madrid

2015/16: R.Madrid 2-0 Barcelona

2016/17: Valladolid 2-3e Villareal

2017/18: Barcelona 2-1 At Madrid

European Championship

2012: Portugal 2-0 Holland *England failed to qualify, finishing behind Wales and Switzerland in their group.

2016: Poland 1-0 Serbia wtf??? *England do their standard early knockout stage exit by losing 2-0 to France in the 2nd Round.

World Cup

2014: Germany 0-0p Brazil *England reached the 2nd round before being knocked by Belgium 2-0

2018: Brazil 0-2 Belgium *England came 3rd by beating Serbia 2-0 in the 3rd place playoff. They lost to Brazil 2-0 in the semis.

If you want any updates on specific teams don't hesitate to ask

[center][b][u]IK Tord: All Matches[/u][/b][/center]

--------Season-------Games Played--------Won--------Drawn---------Lost--------For--------Against--------GD--------Win%-------------
        2010              24               6          8          10         24 (1.00)   27 (1.13)      -3         25%
        2011              22               9          7           6         38 (1.73)   29 (1.32)      +9         41%
        2012              23              10          5           8         32 (1.39)   29 (1.26)      +3         43%
        2013              24              14          7           3         41 (1.71)   24 (1.00)      +17        58%
        2014              30              11          8          11         41 (1.37)   38 (1.27)      +3         37%
        2015              28              10          6          12         43 (1.54)   35 (1.28)      +8         36%
        2016              30              16          8           6         50 (1.67)   27 (0.90)      +23        53%
        2017              37              10         16          11         44 (1.19)   44 (1.19)      +0         27%
        2018              34              17          3          14         37 (1.09)   34 (1.00)      +3         50%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Total            252             103         68          81        350 (1.39)  287 (1.14)      +63        41%

[center][b][u]IK Tord: Home Matches[/u][/b][/center]

--------Season-------Games Played--------Won--------Drawn---------Lost--------For--------Against--------GD--------Win%-------------
      2010               12               5          5             2       15 (1.25)    10 (0.83)      +5         42%
      2011               11               5          4             2       21 (1.91)    13 (1.18)      +8         45%
      2012               12               7          3             2       22 (1.83)    12 (1.00)      +10        58%
      2013               12               8          3             1       21 (1.75)     8 (0.67)      +13        67%
      2014               15               6          3             6       16 (1.07)    13 (0.87)      +3         40%
      2015               14               7          4             3       24 (1.71)    13 (0.93)      +11        50%
      2016               14              10          4             0       24 (1.71)     5 (0.36)      +19        71%
      2017               19               6          9             4       25 (1.32)    17 (0.89)      +8         32%
      2018               16              10          2             4       20 (1.25)    14 (0.88)      +6         63% 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Total             125              64          37           24      188 (1.50)   105 (0.84)      +83        51%

[center][b][u]IK Tord: Away Matches[/u][/b][/center]

2010               12               1          3             8        9 (0.75)    17 (1.42)      -8          8%
      2011               11               4          3             4       17 (1.55)    16 (1.45)      +1         36%
      2012               11               3          2             6       10 (0.91)    17 (1.55)      -7         27%
      2013               12               6          4             2       20 (1.67)    16 (1.33)      +4         50%
      2014               15               5          5             5       25 (1.67)    25 (1.67)      +0         33%
      2015               14               3          2             9       19 (1.36)    22 (1.57)      -3         21%
      2016               16               6          4             6       26 (1.63)    22 (1.38)      +4         38%
      2017               18               4          7             7       19 (1.40)    27 (1.32)      -8         22%
      2018               18               7          1            10       17 (0.94)    20 (1.11)      -3         39%
      Total             127              39         31            57      162 (1.28)   182 (1.43)      -20        31%

update on Notting Forest and Leicester please :)

Forest:

In 2010/11 they beat Sheff Utd 2-1 on aggregate and then Leicester 2-0 in the final of the playoffs to get to the Premiership.

In 2017/18 they faced Sheff Utd in the semis of the playoff again but this time they lost 1-0. However things are looking good this season as they are 2nd with 5 games remaining.

Never reached the Quarter Finals of the League Cup although they do seem to regularly get to the 4th Round.

As for the FA Cup they've never gone past 4th Round as in the League Cup. In the 9 seasons of this save they have gone out in the 4th Round 10 times in the 2 cups

Leicester:

In 2010/11 they missed out on promotion by losing out to Forest in the final of the playoffs but they made ammends next season by getting promoted automatically. Their debut season in the Premiership was a huge success but since then they have struggled to stay in the division, eventually succumbing to relegation 2017/18 after spending 6 seasons in the top flight. So far this season they are 8th just 1 point outside the playoffs with 5 games to play.

Their only reasonably succesful run in the League cup came in 2015/16 when they reached the semi finals beating Arsenal 2-1 on the way. However they were thrashed 5-0 on aggregate by Liverpool.

Furthest theyve ever got in FA Cup is the Quarter Finals in 2013/14 where they lost 2-0 to Man Utd.

Preseason

Media Prediction: 15th

Promotion Odds: 100-1

Expectations: Avoid relegation

Wage Budget: £5,843 (£4,985)

Wage Bill: £2,719 (£2,612)

Ticket price: £15.70 (£15.30)

Season Ticket Holders: 254 (243)

Season Ticket Price: £175.00 (£169.00)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

A lot went on in preseason firstly we had another takeover but no new investment was made. They did cancel our link with our parent club but at least they didn't cripple the club with a ridiculously high interest loan.

I also sold a few youth players, 1st to go was Martin Andersson (YP19) the reason will become clear when you see the player replacing him from the youth intake. He went to Nybro on a free.

Next to go was Calle Ewald (YP11), yes I know I said I was going to sell Anton Alvefelt (YP1) and have Ewald (YP11) replace him. That was until he asked for ridiculous wage demands which didn't match his ability at all so I decided to sell him. He did get the highest transfer recieved record, he went for £6,000 to Harnosand.

Fredrik Bjork (YP12) has also been sold although he is leaving in July. I have a few too many strikers in the squad and although he is one of the better ones his performances aren't enough to justify is much higher wage.

I also attempted to sell Fredrik Lundgren (YP10) and Robin Johannesson (YP15) but nobody wants them.

2 new youths coming into the 1st team squad:

Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) (ST) - Report - One of the best youths to come through the club in ages.

Jonas Widmark (YP25) (MC, AMC) - Report - Assistant doesn't rate him too highly but his stats look pretty reasonable.

Friendlies

Sollentuna 1-2 Tord

Alvsjo 1-3 Tord

Varmbol 2-2 Tord

Grondal 3-2 Tord

Holliviken 0-1 Tord

Loving this thread, kutgw.:thup:

Is Patrik Burda still around in the Swedish db? He was something of a Dafuge/Gundo's Challenge Icon in his prime, he was with some non-league team last I heard?? If he is? would you mind giving me a brief update on how he is doing in your save and maybe a screenie...;)

Is Patrik Burda still around in the Swedish db? He was something of a Dafuge/Gundo's Challenge Icon in his prime, he was with some non-league team last I heard?? If he is? would you mind giving me a brief update on how he is doing in your save and maybe a screenie...;)

Patrik Burda. Wow, never knew he was such an icon, snapped him up too in an LLM save and he was frankly a destroyer :D

Thanks. I'm afraid I can't find Patrik Burda on my game, he must have retired. Or I may have needed a file that retains players from the lower divisions.

Ok, thanks for looking hrbfcrule.

emgergo - He is one of my favorite CM/FM players of all time.

That for me goes to another Swedish player, Giannis Tsombos, who was with me at Akropolis for a really long time.

@hrbfcrule: BTW, how is Akropolis doing in this save?

I have read three pages of your updates while FM is playing games for me. I won every single one I played while reading your story. Will try again. :D

Well done on two promotions, every season so far was interesting, too bad for the last one not bringing you at least a promotion playoff. I reckon you'll catch the playoffs this year? Good luck mate, amazing carrer. Really amazing. :)

I remember in Dafuge's fm10 challenge there was a guy called Jabuti who everyone signed and for most people he scored around 30/40 a season while they were in the BSS/BSN/BSP. I'm guessing Patrik Burda is of similar "awesomeness" in Gundo's challenge.

That for me goes to another Swedish player, Giannis Tsombos, who was with me at Akropolis for a really long time.

@hrbfcrule: BTW, how is Akropolis doing in this save?

Not great to be honest, here is their league history.

The closest they have come to promotion was in 2012 when they were just a point off 1st place. They were relegated next season and also in 2015 but both times have bounced back up straight away. As for the Swedish cup it's equally bad. They have only been entered into it 3 times (2010, 2011, 2013) in those 3 times they got to the 1st round twice and preliminary round once.

I have read three pages of your updates while FM is playing games for me. I won every single one I played while reading your story. Will try again. :D

Well done on two promotions, every season so far was interesting, too bad for the last one not bringing you at least a promotion playoff. I reckon you'll catch the playoffs this year? Good luck mate, amazing carrer. Really amazing. :)

Thanks, I hope your good luck continues whiel you read my thread. Don't think i'll make playoffs this year, I think we will finish lower-mid table.

Jabuti was amazing... still nearly made 30 goals in League One IIRC.

Didn't realise he was still scoring regularly at that level, makes him even more impressive :eek:

No way. I've predicted you for a play-off run, remember? :D

Oh yer I forgot. Thanks to your prediction I am guaranteed a playoff place :D

April 2019

League: Tord 0-2 Hacken

We played well in this opening match but were just undone by superior finishing. Hacken opened the scoring right before half time which was a bit gutting. Then just as we were getting into our stride in the 2nd half they added a 2nd which really killed us off.

League: Carlstad Utd 1-2 Tord

Wasn't a very interesting 1st half until Tony Thoren (YP5) headed home from a corner in the 37th min. The lead was doubled by Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) in 1st half injury time. We could have had a 3rd just before the hour had Jonas Widmark (YP25) not missed a penalty. We were almost made to pay for it when Carlstad got 1 back but fortunately they didn't equalise.

Swedish Cup 2nd Round: Gunnilse e1-0 Tord

The worst result that we could have got. I was hoping for a win or a loss as long as it was in normal time. It was 0-0 after 90 mins despite us fractionally being the better team then 10 mins from penalties Gunnilse got the winner.

League: Degerfors 0-2 Tord

Despite the extra time defeat just 3 days ago we put in an impressive away performance to comfortably beat Degerfors. Isaac Blixt gave us the lead in just the 14th min and Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) finished the game off in the 78th min.

League: Tord 1-1 Landskrona

Not a great game for us, a small squad took a hit as we suffered 2 more long term injuries and we didn't pick up all 3 points thanks to a late equaliser. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) continues his fine goalscoring form with the opening goal in the 1st half but Landskrona equalised in the 83rd min.

LeagueTableApr.png

May 2019

League: Atvidaberg 3-3 Tord

A rare goalfest for one of our matches. Atvidaberg took the lead in the 43rd min but Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) equalised in 1st injury time to keep us level at the break. In the 2nd half we twice took the lead but didn't hold onto it very long each time. Karlsson (YP8) got his 2nd of the match to make it 2-1 but Atvidaberg drew level 4 mins later. Then in the 72nd min Fredrik Bjork (YP12) made it 3-2 but the lead lasted just 3 min this time before they equalised.

League: Tord 1-3 Trelleborg

We got off to a terrible start by conceding twice in the opening quarter of the match. We never really recovered which allowed Trelleborg to easily score a 3rd. Fredrik Bjork (YP12) added a consolation but it wasn't really deserved based on our performance.

League: Vastra Frolunda 3-2 Tord

Again we got off to a terrible start by conceding twice in the opening 20 mins. This time though Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) scored his 1st goal for the club in the 16th min. They managed to get a 2 goal cushion over us in the 1st min of the 2nd time which really gave us a mountain to climb. We almost managed to nick something when Fredrik Berg (YP21) firstly scored to make it 3-2 and secondly hit the post not once but twice in the last 10 mins.

League: Tord 0-2 LB07

A shocking homed defeat as yet again our match was ruined by a poor start. Anders Axelsson (YP20) saw red in just the 3rd min. LB07 walked to victory after that as we obviously struggled with the man disadvantage.

League: Skovde AIK 3-1 Tord

Our 4th straight loss which also saw us drop into the relegation playoff zone, quite a fall from just outside the playoffs. We were slightly unlucky but definately didn't deserve to win. Skovde went 3 up before Johan Bystrom (YP2) managed to finally get his 1st of the season. He has been incredibly disappointing this season.

League: GAIS 1-1 Tord

Well at least we managed to end the run of losses now just to get that elusive win. A draw was probably a fair result as both teams had the same number of shots, shots on target, clear cut chances and corners. We took the lead in the 78th min thanks to an own goal but that lead lasted less than a min before GAIS equalised.

LeagueTableMay.png

June 2019

League: Tord 1-0 Vasalund

It was scrappy but a win is a win. Mattias Hakansson (YP23) didn't help us when he got sent off after 17 mins but despite this we managed to hold it together and even nicked a goal towards the end. Christoffer Zekria (YP17) grabbed his 1st goal of the season.

League: Tord 3-0 Norrkoping

A surprising win against 3rd place Norrkoping and we managed it with ease. Christoffer Zekria (YP17) got his 2nd in as many games to give us a 1-0 lead. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) then added a 2nd just before half time. We weren't as good in the 2nd half but still managed to increase our lead thanks to some dodgy defending ending in an own goal.

League: Syrianska Keburan 1-2 Tord

An awful 1st half saw our chances of increasing our small winning streak hanging by thread. However Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) bagged a brace in the 2nd half to turn the game around.

League: Tord 1-2 GIF Sundsvall

A goalless 1st half preceded a frenetic 2nd half. Sundsvall took the lead in the 57th min but Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) equalised from the spot 3 mins later. We should have easily killed this game off with another couple of goals. We failed to do this and Sundsvall grabbed a shock winner in the dying mins.

League: Assyriska 2-0 Tord

We did alright in every aspect of the match except cresting good chances. Unfortunately Assyriska were the opposite and therefore they scored their chances. We put up a decent fight but that means nothing if we don't get anything from the match.

LeagueTableJune.png

Comeon, Tord! You're supposed to be pushing for playoffs UP, not playoffs DOWN! I guess I should have been more specific... :p

I blame you for not specifying which playoffs, now my team are confused as to what they are aiming for. :D

It doesn't seem to matter much what quality of the opposition is, your results are entirely random! Hopefully you'll continue to get enough to stay out of trouble.

Yer it all depends if we perform or not really. On our day we can comfortably beat anyone in this division eg last season we beat AIK who went on to finish 2nd in the Premier Division. It's just most of the time we fail to perform.

Yer it all depends if we perform or not really. On our day we can comfortably beat anyone in this division eg last season we beat AIK who went on to finish 2nd in the Premier Division. It's just most of the time we fail to perform.

same with my team, some days they are capable of beating the title contenders by 3 or 4 goals then other days we get hammered 4 or 5-0 by mid table teams, it's also very frustrating that my strikers can't put away 1 in 18 chances

July 2019

League: Hacken 3-1 Tord

We should have won this match and had the chances to do so easily. But it was Hacken who took the lead in the 20th min. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) looked to have restored parity at half time when he scored in the 44th min. However Hacken retook the lead 47 seconds later and from then on looked comfortable in defending their lead even adding a 3rd to finish us off.

League: Tord 2-1 Carlstad Utd

We got off to a poor start by conceding in the 2nd min but Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) equalised just before the half hour mark. He went from hero to zero in the 2nd half when he missed a penalty which would have given us the lead. All was forgiven when Johan Heinonen

in the 91st min to win us the match.

League: Tord 0-2 Degerfors

An embarrassing result considering Degerfors are struggling at the moment. Not only did we lose but we got heavily outplayed in every way. I showed my anger at the team after the match and it certainly had an effect on the team in the next few matches.

League: Landskrona 1-2 Tord

Johan Bystrom (YP2) finally got on the scoresheet for the 1st time in 8 matches and just the 2nd time this season. Anders Svensson (YP16) added a 2nd just before half time to give us a comfortable 2-0 lead going into the break. We held this 2 goal cushion until the dying mins when they grabbed a goal but it was too little too late.

LeagueTableJuly.png

August 2019

League: Tord 2-1 Atvidaberg

Pretty much a replica of last match. We scored 2 1st half goals and conceded in 2nd half injury time. Johan Heinonen scored both 1st half goals but sadly neither was as good as his last minute winner against Carlstad Utd.

League: Trelleborg 0-3 Tord

Proof that on our day we can beat anyone as we trounce the league leaders 3-0 away from home. The job was done inside the 1st half an hour, Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) scored twice with Anders Svensson (YP16) getting the other.

League: Tord 2-1 Vastra Frolunda

:eek: 4 wins in a row. Anders Svensson (YP16) continues his vein of goalscoring form with another goal. Vastra Frolunda levelled in the 60th min thanks to an own goal but the parity lasted less than 5 mins before Johan Bystrom (YP2) grabbed his 3rd of the season .

League: LB07 5-1 Tord

I knew the streak had to end somewhere but I didn't think it would have to end this badly. We played alright in the 1st half but found ourselves 1-0 down at half time. Then we just seemed to implode, conceding 3 in the opening 10 mins of the 2nd half. Things went from bad to worse when Anders Svensson (YP16) saw red for a 2nd bookable offence. LB07 added a 5th soon after before Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) got a consolation in the 90th min.

LeagueTableAug.png

Archived