[FM11] IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products

hrbfcrule

Unambitious players are a big problem. They can have very good potential but won't improve very good. There are two ways of dealing with such players - 1) sell them, 2) use good and ambitious old players (with high determination) to tutor those unambitious youngsters. It's up to you to decide :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd sell as the new guy looks better already but you've also got to think if you think you'll keep your cash because if it's unlikely what's the point in having it?

That's a very good point I forgot my shareholders would just nick it. I will probably sell him anyway but focus more on the future incentives in the hope that he will make a big money move to another club in the future. We can build a new stadium in 2057 which will cost a lot of money and I am hoping that the shareholders won't take money out of the club while we are either in debt from the cost of the stadium or having to repay the loan taken out because of the stadium.

I now have 7 players whose main position is at striker in the squad. 2 are 31 years old and are on their way down now. Rickard Persson (YP81) and Olle Andersson (YP84) are 25 and 23 years old respectively and will be the main strikers in the near future.

Th 3 young strikers are Cagri Tuna (YP93) who I am still a bit sceptical about, Robert Petersson (YP94) who looks like an absolute gem and Pierre Astrom (YP92) who has the potential but lacks the ambition.

Unambitious players are a big problem. They can have very good potential but won't improve very good. There are two ways of dealing with such players - 1) sell them, 2) use good and ambitious old players (with high determination) to tutor those unambitious youngsters. It's up to you to decide :)

I have tried a few times to tutor him but he either says it won't be worth it. Or if he does accept the tutoring he says it was a waste of time and didn't learn much. So guess I am selling him.

The Pierre Astrom (YP92) transfer has now started gaining interest:

I negotiated Bolton's offer to:

pierreoffer2-2.png

Which they have accepted.

Meanwhile Blackburn have come in with an offer:

PierreOffer3-1.png

Which I negotiated to:

PierreOffer4.png

Tord is obviously a better place to live :p.

:D

Regarding unambitious players:

IIRC the strategy is to choose the second tutoring option (tutor him off the field), and let him be tutored by only slightly better characters (so the character difference isn't too much). You have to do this cycle a number of times only to get him out of unambitious, so it's long winded with limited success.

Regarding WCs:

So, it's 2052 until Africa finally wins one? Take that, Pele. ;)

IIRC the strategy is to choose the second tutoring option (tutor him off the field), and let him be tutored by only slightly better characters (so the character difference isn't too much). You have to do this cycle a number of times only to get him out of unambitious, so it's long winded with limited success.

Possibly an exploit, but one way to deal with your youngling with potential but crappy personality is to play him at a totally unsuitable position in the reserves/U19 and hand him a couple of official warnings every time he gets a poor rating, which will be basically every game. Together with off-pitch tutoring, you will have any player at 16/16 determination/work rate in a season. The player will hate you of course, but it's still probably nothing compared to having Felix Magath as coach.

Possibly an exploit, but one way to deal with your youngling with potential but crappy personality is to play him at a totally unsuitable position in the reserves/U19 and hand him a couple of official warnings every time he gets a poor rating, which will be basically every game. Together with off-pitch tutoring, you will have any player at 16/16 determination/work rate in a season. The player will hate you of course, but it's still probably nothing compared to having Felix Magath as coach.

Heh. Nice. But doesn't this upset other players as well?

initially i thought your champions league group was a decent draw and then i saw lyon had won the last two euro cups and porto were the runners up in last years champions league! oops

Yer it looks like a good draw due to real life perceptions of the teams but actually its a really tough draw. Lyon have won the past 2 Champions Leagues and Porto were last years runners up in the Euro Cup. Luckily Celtic are still as **** as ever ;)

Tord is obviously a better place to live :p.

Bolton and Blackburn can't even compare to the lovely city of Jonkoping.

:D

Regarding WCs:

So, it's 2052 until Africa finally wins one? Take that, Pele. ;)

I will keep trying to sort him out until he is either sold/let go. I don't have high hopes but I will try.

I can't risk my whole squad being upset if I treat a player like that. It's not like I have a unlimited source of players at my disposal. Besides it does seem very unfair on the guy.

February 2055

Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg: Shakhtar 2-2 Tord

A very close game, Shakhtar were probably the better side on the day but we took our chances. They started well but it was us who scored the 1st goal. Stefan Zhubi (YP76) scored from the spot on the half hour mark. But 4 mins later Shakhtar were back level as we proved the saying that you are most vulnerable when you have just scored. The nxt action came in the 2nd half when there was 2 goals in the space of a minute. Shakhtar took the lead for the 1st time but 1 min later Axel Nordgren (YP71) had scored a vital away goal as we escaped the Ukraine with a draw.

Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg: Tord (5) 3-1 (3) Shakhtar

Well talk about luck. Shakhtar did everything they could to win this match but 3 goals from our only 3 shots on target really set them back. Oskar Swardh (YP89) gave us the lead in the 11th min which Axel Nordgren (YP71) doubled 10 mins later. I was in dreamland at that point. Unfortunately Shakhtar got 1 goal back 3 mins later. I was worried we would collapse after their goal went in but exactly the opposite happened as we went up the other end and restored our 2 goal advantage. Axel Nordgren (YP71) got his 2nd of the game just before half time.

Most of the fight had been knocked out of them by this time and the 2nd half went by without incident. We were through but would it be an all Swedish tie?

AIK didn't have the best of 1st legs as they went down 3-1 away to AA Gent. A 92nd min goal for AA Gent could prove costly to AIK. Could they overhaul a 2 goal deficit.

It turns out they can as they demolished AA Gent in the return leg 5-1. They needed extra time to do so but there was only going to be 1 winner in this match.

Euro1stRnd.png

Heh. Nice. But doesn't this upset other players as well?

Pretty much never as long as you stick to official warnings. Fining players is way more risky. Strangely enough, the game (at least not FM12) doesn't seem to have special mechanics that makes it more probable for the player or the team to react badly if you warn the player consecutively for the same poor performance. Still I only recommend doing this as a last measure for the players with good potential that they never seem to be able to come close to otherwise. Once they reach the starting eleven, it's time to praise the player often for the dislike to wear away.

Very good run going on!
Well done AIK and good result vs. Shakhtar.
Excellent work against Shakhtar :cool:.
Wow, this next game could easily be the biggest game of your career in terms of the game's context, an all-Swedish European KO round...good luck, I'm sure you can win!

Thanks guys.

I will still be continuing this thread throughout fm13 but I will also be starting an fm13 thread. I said I would start my fm13 career whn the actual game is released but most likely I will start it in the next few days. I just can't wait

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived