[FM11] IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products

hrbfcrule

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been following this for a while and have to say, what fantastic progress! Well done on finally winning the Swedish Cup too!
An awesome result! And you're in Europe again! You are truly showing that it can be done from within!!
YES! I knew it. I bloody knew it. I never lost the cup faith ever. Viva la Tord!
Congrats on winning the cup , shame it didn't work out in the league + :/ unlucky about the facilities, hopefully it isn't a bug though :S

& that record is pretty awesome, shame that came to an end too

Thanks

Sirius won by 10 points? Do they have an oil baron and a team made up of brazilian superstars? How are they doing in europe? And what are they eating in Uppsala? Two great journeys in this save actually. Division 1 N is one really depressing league to be in, lucky their fans to have moved up.

It's not fair they're stealing my thunder :(. So far in my save they have got from the 3rd tier to now champions of Sweden.

They had a takeover in 2028 by a local businessman so aren't buying the league at all. Their team is mainly Swedish players due to the rule that we have to have 9 players trained by a club in Sweden (for 3 years before they are 21) in the match squad. So it looks like they are just really good.

They are even doing incredibly well in Europe as well. This season they have made the Euro Cup Group stages and have even picked up a win, they won't get into the knockout stages but it will be a huge boost to the rep of the league.

Unbelievable! You won the cup!

How good did that feel after all of your hard work? I can't imagine!

Forgot to say that it was a very good season overall. Congratulations.

I'm still in a state of shock really, I was honestly starting to think I would win a European competition before I would win the Swedish Cup.

Reputation boost from all the success to give you a great intake, make it happen FM! Also :( at Neilsen injuries.

You would have thought but apparently FM doesn't like me as you will see in the preseason update.

How are league standards looking? Any big changes?

No big changes, still roughly the same top 6: English Premier Division, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, German 1st Division, Liga Sacres.

Good performance in Europe and in the cup! Even the league was a pretty good run so I think its safe to say this was the standout season.

Hopefully third times a charm for the upgrades. How much funds do you have currently? Usually the board take out a loan to complete upgrades if they don't have the money, Never been in a position where my facilities have been cancelled due to lack of funds in any recent FM game.

I've got just under £6M in the bank. I really hope they don't keep getting cancelled it's really halting my progress.

Wahey, trophy

Going to rent an open-top bus?

I don't think he wants his facilities scrapped again.

Fantastic stuff hrbfcrule, you got rid of the cup curse in style and got very far in both league and Europe.

Thanks, as Romanista said I don't think I should as apparently I need all the money I can get for these bloody facilities.

I've been following this for a while now and it's easily one of the best career threads I've read. Well done on the cup win, it must feel good after season upon season of poor cup runs. Like AK22 I'm hoping you can manage a cheeky wee treble in the coming season. KUTGW.

Oh hai shiny trophy!
Great job on the trophy. The league is next and very soon it looks like.
Been away for a couple of days and coming home to the great news that the cup is secured. Wonderful!!

Hope this will be the first of many trophies.

Thanks, hopefully it will be first of many my trophy cabinet is looking very empty at the moment.

I've been following this for a while now and it's easily one of the best career threads I've read. Well done on the cup win, it must feel good after season upon season of poor cup runs. Like AK22 I'm hoping you can manage a cheeky wee treble in the coming season. KUTGW.
Pleased to see you finally got a major trophy now. Hopefully, you can follow that up with League, Cup and Europa League treble next season :p

Thanks, unfortunately winning the treble is easier said than done

Preseason

Media Prediction: 5th

Title Odds: 8-1

Expectations: Continental Qualification through league position

Wage Budget: £36,160 (£33,725)

Wage Bill: £11,335 (£7,652)

Ticket price: £29.00 (£29.10)

Season Ticket Holders: 1121 (1069)

Season Ticket Price: £322.00 (£324.00)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

Despite our fantastic progress in Europe we had another very poor intake:

Albin Carlsson (YP55) (DC) - Report

Friendlies

Atletico Nacional 6-0 Tord

Salt Lake 3-1 Tord

Sport Huyancao 1-0 Tord

DPMM 1-1 Tord

Juventude 4-0 Tord

Junior 3-0 Tord

Wonderful progress and commitment, congrats!

You really inspired me to start a similar challenge with Lilla Torg so I really know how you feel, Nov 30th has now become a day to remember :p

(funny thing is, I'm about to get my first promotion in my fourth season, just like you did!)

Hoping for a good start to your season :thup:

well done and good luck for this season. really hope you start developing players of the caliber you need to maintain your position, as well as to put out a starting line up. you squad only consists 21 players right? its been paper thin for a while so lets hope once these facilities get built it thickens out with a good spine of players to work around.

Firstly I would like to apologise for lack of updates, I have been revising a lot lately. I have exams at the end of May/beginning of June so will probably not play as much until they are over.

well done and good luck for this season. really hope you start developing players of the caliber you need to maintain your position, as well as to put out a starting line up. you squad only consists 21 players right? its been paper thin for a while so lets hope once these facilities get built it thickens out with a good spine of players to work around.

Yer I am starting to get worried, another couple of years of bad intakes could see us in real trouble in the future. Not just the lack of quality but also the quantity of players. I only have 21 in the squad which makes it real difficult to maintain a high position in the league especially with Europe and, god forbid, another cup run.

Wonderful progress and commitment, congrats!

You really inspired me to start a similar challenge with Lilla Torg so I really know how you feel, Nov 30th has now become a day to remember :p

(funny thing is, I'm about to get my first promotion in my fourth season, just like you did!)

Hoping for a good start to your season :thup:

Thanks and I'm glad I inspired you to attempt something similar. Good luck with your save lets hope you can reach the top quicker than me:thup:

March 2032

Swedish Super Cup: IK Sirius e1-0 Tord

We did really well to match them for 90 mins to send the tie to extra time. Especially as we were playing at IK Sirius's home ground. However our resistance was broken on the stroke of half time in extra time. In the end IK Sirius deserved to lose but I am happy with our performance.

League: Tord 1-1 IK Sirius

Not the most ideal match to start off our campaign but I guess you have to play them some time. IK Sirius dominated large parts of the match but failed to create any real chances. The only good chance fell to us and Erik Carlsson (YP41) in the 35th min which he took really well. Despite having no real chances IK Sirius still managed to level 3 mins after going behind. That's the way it stayed, I'll take the draw but we were unlucky not to win it.

League: Mjallby 2-2 Tord

Still looking for our 1st win of the season after this match. We twice took the lead, both times through Erik Carlsson (YP41) who has started the season really well. But we were pegged back twice, their 2nd goal coming the 89th min.

League: Tord 2-0 Elfsborg

Finally we get the win, Erik Carlsson (YP41) makes it 4 in 4 for him as well as Jonas Andersson (YP49) getting his 1st of the season.

LeagueTableMar-4.png

April 2032

League: Assyriska 0-1 Tord

A very defensive match which looked like it was always going to end 0-0. That was until a defensive mix up allowed Jonas Andersson (YP49) through to net the winner.

League: Tord 1-1 Hammarby Fotboll

We got off to a terrible start by conceding in the 5th min. We then slowly came back into it and Jonas Andersson (YP49) got the equaliser our play deserved.

League: Halmstad 0-3 Tord

A great away game, I certaintly wasn't expecting to type that anytime soon. Erik Carlsson (YP41) broke the deadlock and Jonas Andersson (YP49) bagged a brace. Peter Jansson (YP33) who?

League: Tord 1-0 Helsingborg

Jonas Andersson (YP49) kept his amazing goalscoring form up with the winner against Helsingborg. Strangely we are looking dodgy at home but reasonably solid away.

League: Syrianska Kerburan 0-2 Tord

One of the best away performance I've seen from us. Syrianska were 3rd in the form charts and had won all their home games so far this season. Then we come along and completely take them apart. Peter Jansson (YP33) got his 1st of the season and of course Jonas Andersson (YP49) scored the 2nd.

League: Gefle 1-1 Tord

Jorgen Melki (YP37) netted in the 8th min to attempt to keep our winning streak going but Gefle pulled it back in the 2nd half. We also managed to pick up a couple of injuries which will not help us in the near future.

LeagueTableApr-13.png

May 2032

League: Tord 2-1 Djurgarden

We were the better team over the 90 mins. Despite going behind in the 1st half, goals from Jonas Andersson (YP49) and Martin Hansson (YP43) saw us emerge victorious.

League: Atvidaberg 0-1 Tord

It looked like it wasn't going to be our day when Jorgen Melki (YP37) got some dubious marching orders in just the 11th min. Having 1 man less only seemed to encourage us, Jonas Andersson (YP49) gave us the lead 3 mins later and we easily held onto it.

Swedish Cup 3rd Round: Tord p2-2 Assyriska

The defense of our title begins succesfully, albeit only just. Jonas Andersson (YP49) netted his 10th in 10 games to give us a 1-0 lead at half time. We then proceeded to collapse in the 2nd half, conceding 2 sloppy goals and were only saved by the other Jonas Andersson scoring in the 92nd min. Extra time was uneventful which meant a penalty shootout. After the first 3 we found ourselves 3-2 down but Assyriska bottled their last 2 while we scored both ours to see us go through 4-3 on pens.

League: Tord 1-0 Syrianska FC

Another frustrating and stressful 1-0. Anton Dahlberg (YP30) got the only goal of the game. I really wish we could finish these types of games off.

League: AIK 3-1 Tord

Our 1st league loss of the season and our 1st loss in 14 games. Peter Jansson (YP33) gave us the lead in the 17th min but AIK were much better than us from then on and got the goals to show it.

League: Tord 1-1 Malmo FF

The loss seems to have shocked us a bit as we struggled to a draw. Viktor Andersson (YP53) gave us the lead after 41 mins against the run of play. Malmo equalised in the 47th min and could have quite easily won 2 or 3-1 if they had finished their chances in the 2nd half.

LeagueTableMay-12.png

Yer I am starting to get worried, another couple of years of bad intakes could see us in real trouble in the future. Not just the lack of quality but also the quantity of players. I only have 21 in the squad which makes it real difficult to maintain a high position in the league especially with Europe and, god forbid, another cup run.

Do you have the option to sign grayed out players? If things get desperate, that is always an option. I am at a point in my save where I am trying to use more of my home grown players as I'm trying to rebuild internally rather than signing players to save money and this is the best way to get the numbers up when there isn't enough in the squad.

Still in touch :)
Nice to see you stay up there!

Yer we are just about in touch but IK Sirius look far too strong for us to deal with at the moment

Do you have the option to sign grayed out players? If things get desperate, that is always an option. I am at a point in my save where I am trying to use more of my home grown players as I'm trying to rebuild internally rather than signing players to save money and this is the best way to get the numbers up when there isn't enough in the squad.

I would rather not sign greyed out players but if things get really desperate I might have to turn to that.

i am very very glad for yp49!!!!

come on! play more and give us more more pleasure! your story is by far the best!

I knew you would enjoy YP49's good start to the season. I am trying to play as much as possible but exams do come 1st.

Mjallby must be playing the bloody Terminator up front. 42 goals in 14 games :o

Yer I noticed that as well it's ridiculous. They have one striker on 13 goals in 12 appearances although he is now out for 3-4 months with a broken leg. They also have another striker who has 11 in 15 as well as numerous players with 4-5 goals. The record is 64 league goals by IKF Goteborg in 2027, at this rate they will easily pass thiswith plenty of games to spare.

June 2032

Just the one game due to the 2032 European Championships:

Swedish Cup 4th Round: Nykoping 1-2e Tord

We made a right meal of this match. Nykoping are in the 3rd tier albeit in 1st place however you would still expect us to win it comfortably. It looked that way when Rikard Andersson (YP54) gave us the lead in just the 9th min. Things just didn't go our way and Nykoping held thier own for the rest of the match, managing also to get an equaliser to send it to extra time. It looked like it was definitely going to penalties as the game wasn't exactly overflowing with chances. Thankfully a corner came to our rescue, Erik Mansson (YP50) headed home from itin the 110th min to send us through to the Quarter final.

After the 2032 European Championships the Sweden job became available again. I applied but unfortunately didn't get it:

Swedenjob-2.png

However they did appoint IK Sirius's manager who has now quit his club job:

Massexodus.png

I wouldn't exactly call it a "mass" exodus but I am hoping it will be enough to disrupt their form especially as we will be playing them a few days after this happened.

Just read through the whole thread and would like to congratulate you on such a great thread. It was the best thread i've read for a long time. I think the progress you have made is rather outstanding considering the restrictions you have put in place for yourself. I feel inspired to try something similar but I don't think I possess the time or the managerial ability to get anywhere close to where you have. I hope the progress your having continues. Good luck.

Just tuned into this thread and read through (I say read, mainly kept an eye on the league table updates and the post/pre season updates) all 11 pages. Fantastic work with the youngsters, pulling up trees in the Swedish leagues. Great to see. Can you post a screenshot of your manager profile and finances. Interested to see how much cash you have having not bought anyone...

Well with no manager or assistant it might help! It might be mass if they had 4 staff members :p

I suppose they did only have 5 staff members at the time :)

Hopefully it will go your way when you play IK Sirius. Could be a blessing in disguise, not getting the Sweden job.

I'm hoping so, I'm not too diappointed not to get it because the other guy deserved to get it too, he has done a very good job at IK Sirius. It's not like they just appointed a random person with no managerial experience.

surely they should come first! sorry for putting pressure on you (if i did so)!

It's alright you didn't put any pressure on me. I just wanted to let people know that I am not abandoning the save. Just playing less of it for now due to more important things.

Just read through the whole thread and would like to congratulate you on such a great thread. It was the best thread i've read for a long time. I think the progress you have made is rather outstanding considering the restrictions you have put in place for yourself. I feel inspired to try something similar but I don't think I possess the time or the managerial ability to get anywhere close to where you have. I hope the progress your having continues. Good luck.

Thank you

Just tuned into this thread and read through (I say read, mainly kept an eye on the league table updates and the post/pre season updates) all 11 pages. Fantastic work with the youngsters, pulling up trees in the Swedish leagues. Great to see. Can you post a screenshot of your manager profile and finances. Interested to see how much cash you have having not bought anyone...

Thanks, here you go:

Finances

Manager Profile

Can I also ask what the rules are on buying non-playing staff?

I don't really have any rules on staff. At the start of the game I just brought in anyone who I could afford. Ideally I would like a backroom staff made up of former youth players but that's pretty difficult to do as not all of them want to stay in the game and those that do don't always want to stay on at the club.

To sum up: I bring in as many former youth players as staff as I can and fill in the gaps with anyone else I can afford.

After a while?? You must have more patience than me then because I am sick after 2 haha. I unveil a new signing & if I joined a new club I do that 1 but otherwise not at all.

Have you actually spent much money, if anything at all on new players over the course of your save?

July 2032

League: IFK Goteborg 2-4 Tord

A brilliant way to comeback to the league after a month break. We went 1-0 down but an Anton Dahlberg (YP30) double put us 2-1 in front. IFK Goteborg equalised with 15 mins to go but Erik Carlsson (YP41) scored 2 in 3 mins late on to give us a 4-2 win.

League: IK Sirius 3-1 Tord

Unfortunately the backroom changes didn't disrupt them enough. We held our own in the 1st half with Jorgen Melki (YP37) giving us the lead. If we had held that to half time it might have been a whole different story but IK Sirius equalised with the last touch of the half. They pushed on in the 2nd half and with our resistance broken we conceded twice more.

League: Tord 3-2 Assyriska

This game continued the absolute goalfest this month and it was another thriller. Assyriska took the lead in the 10th min and held it till the break despite our dominance. It looked like it was going to be one of those games. That was until Peter Jansson (YP33) found his scoring boots to net twice in the 2nd half. We were cruising to victory but the 1 goal lead was still dangerous. Assyriska proved this by scoring what looked to be an equaliser in the 92nd min. The drama didn't end there though, almost straight from the kick off Anton Dahlberg (YP30) retook the lead for us and earned us a much needed 3 points.

Euro Cup 3rd Qual Round 1st Leg: Tord 1-3 Leiria

Didn't really know what to expect from them. As it turns out they are a much better side than us. The scoreline flatters us a lot as we managed just 2 shots to their 19. They took the lead in the 18th min only for Erik Carlsson (YP41) to equalise 5 mins later. Eventually through the sheer number of chances they managed to score twice more. I have to say I am not looking forward to the away leg.

LeagueTableJuly-13.png

I know but it's pretty much click top option :p Also I like complaining about my chairman cashing in on my players...

I know but I can't be bothered with all that. When my chairman does decide to sell my players i'll be sure to complain about it :D

After a while?? You must have more patience than me then because I am sick after 2 haha. I unveil a new signing & if I joined a new club I do that 1 but otherwise not at all.

Have you actually spent much money, if anything at all on new players over the course of your save?

Haven't spent any money at all on players as I am only using the clubs own youth products.

Tough month that one. Playing two of the top teams. Have to say, I'm loving this challenge.

I've started my own with Annelunds IF (chose Sweden because of the 4 tiers), it's a brilliant idea. Only second season in and am comfortably mid table. Saved myself in the Rel Playoffs last season.

The rush you get when one of your crappy players scrambles one over the line against a top team is brilliant!

Can you remember how much roughly it cost you to upgrade youth facilities at each step?

I'm awesome at Press Conferences now, I can tell what the question is from the answers, so I just batter through them in 5 seconds flat. They're boring, but I'd rather do them myself than have the Assistant potentially mess up and destroy morale.

I don't bother with press conferences either. I do initially, until I find an assistant manager who is capable of answering the questions well enough, and then I never touch them again.

Tough month that one. Playing two of the top teams. Have to say, I'm loving this challenge.

I've started my own with Annelunds IF (chose Sweden because of the 4 tiers), it's a brilliant idea. Only second season in and am comfortably mid table. Saved myself in the Rel Playoffs last season.

The rush you get when one of your crappy players scrambles one over the line against a top team is brilliant!

Can you remember how much roughly it cost you to upgrade youth facilities at each step?

I've got an Annelunds game going too! Although I'm just starting my 3rd and am in the First Division South.

Grats on the Cup win mate. Makes all that effort seem worthwhile now.

Epic save :applause: fair play for sticking with this through the years and building a nation up from the bottom. What is your cash position like now?

Archived