[FM11] IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products

hrbfcrule

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September 2011

League: Tord 3-1 Lindsdal

It looked like we were going to get a 4th straight defeat after we made an awful start, conceding in the process. However we turned it around from a free kick, Funck hoofed it forward over the defence where Isaac Blixt was on hand to volley home. 9 mins later Blixt turned provider, setting up Torstensson to power one into the net from 25 yards. We continued where we left off in the 2nd half, Vibeke hit his shot right at the keeper but it fell kindly for Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) to seal the points.

League: Nykoping 0-2 Tord

\o/ our 1st clean sheet since the opening day (20 games without a clean sheet). It came when I decide to try out Filip Linder (YP6) for his 1st proffesional game as keeper. Made even more special as it was against league leaders, Nykoping, away from home. Admittedly Filip Linder (YP6) had nothing to do as they had no shots on target. Both goals came in the 2nd half, the 1st was a penalty, Robin Ring was fouled in the box but he dusted himself off to score the resulting spot kick. The 2nd goal was much better quality though, it was Arsenal-esque, a great passing move eventually gave Thomas Johnsson (YP4) some space behind the defence. He raced through a coolly slotted it past the keeper.

League: Tord 1-1 Skovde AIK

Not a bad end to the season, we went 1-0 down early on but Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) equalised just before the break. The 2nd half started badly when Andersson got a straight red for a 2 footed sliding challenge from behind. We hung on for the rest of the game to claim a point.

think positive, your no where near the bottom!

Flamers

Yer I guess I should be grateful we're not in a relegation playoff again.

Also right after the last league game no less than 6 players claimed they were unhappy due to wanting to move to bigger clubs, including 1 player twice. I've managed to convince them to stay but I'm not sure for how long.

End of Season Report: IK Tord Swedish Second Division East Gotaland, 2011

League Table, League Graph

Squad

A much improved season, for the 1st half we looked like we could even get promoted but we lost our form towards the end. Even so it was still a succesful season as we were predicted to finish bottom.

Player/s of the Season

Petter Vibeke (ST) - Only scored twice in his 17 appearances but it was his assists which made him the best player of the season, racking up 13 in 17 games.

Isaac Blixt (MC) - 4 goals with a further 5 assists for the ever present midfielder, was integral in the middle of the pitch.

Youth Players

Anton Alvefelt (YP1) (DR) - Already started to become 1st choice right back and occasionally left back due to the incompetence of the current left and right backs. Didn't perform too badly this season but there is room for improvement.

Johan Bystrom (YP2) (ST) - A fantastic season for him, the clubs top scorer with 10 in 20 games, very promising for a 17 year old

Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) (ST) - Didn't get as many opportunities as he should have due to the number of strikers at the club at the moment. Still 4 goals in 11 appearances isn't bad especially as 8 of them were from the bench.

Thomas Jonsson (YP4) (ST) - Same as above, also did well when given a chance, scoring 2 in 5.

Tony Thoren (YP5) (DC) - A very good season for him, well except for the red card he got.

Filip Linder (YP6) (GK) - Only made 2 appearances although he did manage to get 50% of our clean sheets in that time. With Kim Karlsson (or 1st choice keeper) continually asking to leave I may promote this youngster to the starting line up.

Finances - not a good season for the money side of things as wages almost doubled due to greedy players. By the time the new season begins we will have made a loss for the season. Hopefully our good performances will get us a better sponsorship deal.

Season--------------League---------------Position-------------Swedish Cup--------------Euro Cup-------------Champions League----
2010         Second Division EG           10th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A 
2011         Second Division EG            4th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A

Finances - not a good season for the money side of things as wages almost doubled due to greedy players. By the time the new season begins we will have made a loss for the season. Hopefully our good performances will get us a better sponsorship deal.

Uh Oh

Why was it so high in the 1st place then ???

Preseason

Media Prediction: 9th

Expectations: Mid Table

Wage Budget: £2,569 (£2,480)

Wage Bill: £1,779 (£2,438)

Ticket price: £7.40 (£7.70)

Season Ticket Holders: 49 (49)

Season Ticket Price: £59.60 (£62.20)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

The sponsorship deal was a disaster so I have had to take drastic measures to cut my losses, this includes signing a new contract for £1/week (the lowest possible). I also asked the board for a parent club but I will only use them for the money and will not accept any players on loan from them.

Transfers - included 3 1st teamers:

Kim Karlsson (GK) - £2K - Skelleftea - Decided to sell him due to his constant complaining and ridiculously high wage.

Markus Broman (DC) - Free - Alvik - Wasn't performing well and due to the new sponsor deal I can't afford to keep him.

Joachim Dahlstrom (ST) - Free - Linkoping - Sad to have to let him go but £300/week is way more than I can afford especially as I have plenty of strikers coming through the youth system. He has gone to a team in the same league which means he will score against me guaranteed.

The new youth intake was awful but I am hoping that they will get better as the season goes on.

Niklas Andersson (YP7) (GK) - Report - Part of the reason Karlsson why was sold. Never going to be a star but good enough for back up.

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) (ST) - Report - Another striker, but apparently he has potential to be really good. I don't think he is actually from this year's youth batch but he has improved greatly over the last few seasons.

So we have a very bare squad of just 20 players, 7 of which are strikers yet we are still losing 5-6k a month. Any ideas on how to save money are welcomed but I think I am fighting a losing battle.

Friendlies

Tord 0-0 Karlslund

Tord 2-1 Hassleholm

Tord 1-0 Lund

Tord 1-0 Kristianstad

A very pleasing pre season which included 2 wins and a draw against teams in the league above.

Tough second season there when you started so well. Is the money issue gonna be a problem as you go forward?

Yep it definately is, I have had to sell a few of the biggest earners of the squad so I think we have a much weaker team than last season. However since it is mostly young players we should improve in a few seasons. I think the only way to solve the money problem is to get promoted as quickly as possible because I will be losing money every season if I stay in this division.

The only way to make money as a very small club is friendlies against the largest teams you can find.

You had a pretty good season there, certainly a big improvement on the previous year. :thup: Bystrom is starting to look quite good, possibly the clubs' saviour?

Thanks, I really hope he will be but hes had a shocking start to the season although to be fair so has everyone as you'll soon see. At the moment he is fairly inconsistent sometimes you wonder how he's scored 11 in 26 at the club but there are games when you watch his partnership with Petter Vibeke and it's like watching Chelsea:rolleyes: (excluding Liverpool game where we were ****)

April 2012

Swedish Cup Preliminary Round: Tord 2-3 VMA IK

ffs I was hoping a cup run could generate a bit of income but it was not to be as we were harshly dumped out of the cup at the 1st hurdle. Despite dominating the match from start to finish we managed to concede 3 goals from 3 shots, not a great start for Filip Linder (YP6) who starts his 1st full season as no. 1 choice keeper. VMA IK took an early lead but Linus Torstensson canceled it out on the half hour mark. Then came the sucker punch right on the half time whistle VMA IK retook the lead. I thought it was game over when they then added a 3rd half way through the 2nd half but we hit back immediately to reduce the defecit back to 1, Vibeke latching on to P.Linares's cross. We had 2 or 3 good chances to equalise the best falling to Vibeke who shot from 25 yards against the bar in the 92nd min.

League: Tord 1-2 Vimmerby

Oh Dear. We started off well Svahn turning and shooting from just outside the area into the top corner to put us 1-0 up. But from then on it couldn't have gone worse. They equalised 15 mins later before taking the lead just after half time. In the 65th min Robin Ring got a straight red for tripping their attacker who was through on goal. They could have added a 3rd but missed a penalty 10 mins from time.

League: Smedby 2-0 Tord

Another awful showing not only did we concede twice, lose and get outplayed for 90 mins but we also picked up 6 bookings. This annoys me so much because I never normally get loads of bookings in fm and I am proud that my team isn't a bunch of fouling, diving (insert swear word here). After the match I ripped into my players, fining anyone who got a booking and a central defender who had managed to get a 3.6 rating!!!! Luckily no one got upset about me fining them unfairly, although I did only fine them a weeks wages which for some of them is less than a tenner.

LeagueTableApr-29.png

May 2012

League: Tord 1-1 FC Gute

Looked like my attack on my players worked as we were muched improved but still couldn't find the win. Luck was not on our side today especially when they scored the opener which was a few yards offside. We responded well in the 2nd half with Thomas Jonsson (YP4) getting the equaliser but we just couldn't get the winner.

League: Kenty 1-1 Tord

We just cannot buy a win, we again dominated the match and deservedly took the lead from

by Johan Bystrom (YP2) who showed what he is capable of doing. But with the last few kicks of the game Kenty equalised as our winless run continues to 6 in all comps.

League: Tord 1-1 Nybro

Another match we should have won but didn't. Isaac Blixt netted in the 21st min for us to take the lead but Nybro were level 10 mins later. As we pushed on for a winner they went down to 10 men for the last 15 mins yet still we couldn't score.

League: Tenhult 1-2 Tord

What a match to win against our rivals. Hopefully this will kickstart our season. It was a fantastic match for the neutrals with both sides attacking from the off. Thankfully we also came out on top of it as well. Isaac Blixt free kick found Svahn unmarked to head home in the 18th min. But as has been the case too many times this season we lost the lead just a few mins later. Then 3 mins before half time Tostensson put through Svahn whose shot was pushed into the path of Vibeke via the keeper who tapped home to give us a 2-1 win.

League: Tord 3-1 Linkoping

We were dreadful in the 1st half which is surprising as I expected the rival win to motivate the players. To make matters worse we wnet 1-0 down 5 mins before half time. In the 2nd half we were a completely different team, Svahn set Johan Bystrom (YP2) through on goal who then crossed to the unmarked Vibeke to tap into an empty net. Johan Bystrom (YP2) was the creator of the 2nd goal as well, his cross hit a few defenders before falling kindly for Svahn to blast into the top corner. Finally to end things Vibeke scored

, somehow squeezing his shot past 3 defenders and a keeper.

LeagueTableMay-4.png

June 2012

League: KB Karlskoga 2-3 Tord

Looking to extend our winning run against league whipping boys Karlskoga. 1st half went okay, both teams were pretty even only separated by an Isaac Blixt strike in injury time. However Karlskoga were level inside 15 seconds of the 2nd half. We upped our game after that and deservedly took the lead in the 64th min, Johan Bystrom (YP2) putting Svahn through on goal, which he then converted. It looked like we had blown it when they equalised in the 87th min, an attempted cross somehow beating our keeper at the near post. But in the 89th min Johan Bystrom (YP2) raced past the defence and finished well past the keeper to give us the 3 points.

League: Tord 3-1 VMA IK

Revenge for our cup defeat this time the result matched the performance. Svahn got us off to a great start with a 25 yarder which was soon made better when Torstensson did a carbon copy of it 10 mins later. Disaster struck in the 25th min when Robin Ring got himself a straight red and gave away a penalty which they duly scored. However we more than held our own and were probably the better team despite the man disadvantage. Johan Bystrom (YP2) demonstrated this by ending a 40 yard run with a great finish to make it 3-1 in the 82nd min.

League: Skovde AIK 2-0 Tord

Our unbeaten streak comes to an abrupt end as we were completely outplayed by the league leaders. Didn't help that we got a 2nd red card in as many games when Viktor Gunarsson was given his marching orders 4 mins before half time.

League: Tord 0-0 Motala AIF

Quite incredibly only our 2nd clean sheet in the last 34 competitive matches. But that was overshadowed by the fact we didn't score and that we got another red card, making it 3 in 3 now :mad:

LeagueTableJun.png

Keep it up! I think you'll improve every season. I'm betting on you to be in the playoff this year, and surely promoted the next. :)

Thanks, but there are no playoffs, just automatic promotion. Unless you meant the relegation playoff but that wouldn't really be improving :)

ah...so now looks like your in mid-table, good luck getting promoted in the next couple of years :p I just got the game today, back to Nike ;) dunno whether to do a career update though

If you have the time to write updates and patience to keep the game going as long as possible then go for it. If you do I will definately be reading it

great stuff so far HRB btw you can keep track of my career on gundo's challenge thread

Thanks, Yer I am following Gundo's challenge thread. Love how you got into Euro Cup despite being one of the worst teams in the country (no offence)

July 2012

League: Vimmerby 1-0 Tord

Disappointed but deserved. Vimmerby were the better team but only just. Again we conceded right before half time which seems to be a recurring theme this season. We were still in with a chance to nick a point right until the very end thanks to Vimmerby missing a penalty in the 2nd half to go two up.

League: Tord 1-0 Smedby

A generally good performance, Johan Bystrom (YP2) combining well with Vibeke allowing the latter to slip the ball past the keeper. However there were some negatives. Robin Ring is really starting to annoy me now, needless fouls given away and gaining stupid cards. He managed to get himself sent off again for the 3rd time this season with 2 bookings in 2 mins. 1 more sending off this season and he's out because he is really starting to frustrate me.

League: FC Gute 4-0 Tord

Just a bad day at the office really. We were dreadful for the whole 90 mins. I will leave it at that because the less spoken about this the better.

League: Tord 2-1 Kenty

A good comeback win but we didn't half make it tough for ourselves. Johan Bystrom (YP2) scored the opener in the 10th min when a freekick hoofed into the box was headed down by Vibeke into a bunch of players where it fell kindly for Bystrom to prod home. Kenty made it worse for themselves when one of their players did a very good Robin Ring impression by getting 2 yellows in a matter of minutes. Despite this man advantage we still managed to concede before half time. It increasingly looked like we had wasted a chance for an easy win until the 87th min when Vibeke turned his man and shot, the keeper parried but only into Johan Bystrom (YP2)'s path. He made no mistake to get his 2nd of the match.

LeagueTableJuly-2.png

August 2012

League: Nybro 0-0 Tord

A bore draw. Nybro were probably the better team but they failed to capitalise on their superiority.

League: Tord 3-0 Tenhult

:D Nothing like a thrashing of your rivals to cheer you up. Vibeke put Johan Bystrom (YP2) through on goal in the 25th min who made it 1-0. Then in the 2nd half Tony Thoren (YP5) powered home a header from a free kick. Johan Bystrom (YP2) sealed it by a finishing a great counter attack which all started with our keeper rolling the ball out to the left back. To be honest we could have had as many as 6 or 7 but i'll take the 3.

League: Linkoping 1-0 Tord

thweihpg2uty9bvn;p4hguofw; - That's me bashing my head on the keyboard at the most frustrating match ever. We dominated from start to finish, creating plenty of chances but never finishing them, getting 3 or 4 penalty appeals turned down and when we did get one Robin Ring missed it. They then scored the only goal of thye game in the 85th min and then to cap it off Robin Ring got himself his 4th red card of the season thus ensuring his exit from the club ASAP. I would rather play with 10 men than have him in the team although to be fair thats what it normally ends up like when he comes on.

League: Tord 3-1 KB Karlsroga

We rebounded from the frustrating last match with a fantastic performance against bottom club Karlsroga. Svahn set through Johan Bystrom (YP2), who timed his run to perfection, and shot it in off the post after just 3 mins. Svahn became provider once again when he slipped in Thomas Jonsson (YP4) who finished well into the bottom corner. We didn't have to wait long for a 3rd, Johan Bystrom (YP2) curled in an efforf from 25 yards. Karlsroga got a goal back a few mins later but we ran out easy winners. This result almost certainly securing ourselves in this division for another season.

LeagueTableAug-39.png

Thanks, Yer I am following Gundo's challenge thread. Love how you got into Euro Cup despite being one of the worst teams in the country (no offence)

haha thanks yeh was a bit of a shock but i wont complain, seem to have a thing of beating the prem teams.

btw great work on your season coming along nicley now.

haha thanks yeh was a bit of a shock but i wont complain, seem to have a thing of beating the prem teams.

btw great work on your season coming along nicley now.

Slowly inching up the table there :thup:

Thanks, Im hopeful we can keep this form going for the last few games of this season and next season as well. So far we have either performed well at the start and got worse or started badly and got better. Just need to stay consistent for a whole season.

I like it more :D Go Chelmsford!

Both Chelmsford and St Albans survived in BSP and are doing well at the start of this season.

I will be doing a Roll of Honour in a few seasons time but I won't be doing all the leagues I loaded. Probably just the top divisions in each of the nations.

September 2012

League: VMA IK 2-1 Tord

We played extremely well for 89 mins with Svahn giving us the lead in the 1st half. But we conceded in the 89th min and 92nd min toshockingly lose the match.

League: Tord 2-1 Skovde AIK

The signs didn't look good for us this match, playing top of the league and they had the best away record. Also this match meant nothing to us except a few places in the table whereas it could decide the title for Skovde. However we came away with a shock win :D. Thomas Jonsson (YP4) scored our 1st by heading home at the near post from a corner. We doubled the lead when Tony Thoren (YP5) tucked away a penalty. Skoved got 1 back with 20 mins to go but we hung on to a fantastic win.

League: Motala AIF 1-3 Tord

Well it seems like we only play when there is nothing to play for. Another fantastic performance and result which saw us climb 3 places to 3rd as well. Tony Thoren (YP5) gave us the lead in the 23rd min but it was quickly cancelled out by Motala. Then just 25 seconds into the 2nd half Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) made it 2-1 thanks to a great assist by Svahn. Damjanovic repayed the favour by setting up Svahn for the 3rd to seal victory.

End of Season Report: IK Tord Swedish Second Division East Gotaland, 2012

League Table, League Graph

Squad

We started off woefully but as the season wore on we went from strength to strength and in the end we weren't too far off top spot. We also capped it off by doing the double over our rivals, Tenhult, which saw them get relegated.

Swedish Cup

For the 1st time we were entered into the Swedish Cup where we unlucky knocked out in the preliminary round to VMA IK.

Player/s of the Season

Tony Thoren (YP5) (DC) - See in Youth Players section

Jonas Svahn (MC) - Fantastic season for the attacking mid, 2nd highest scorer and highest assists.

Youth Players

Anton Alvefelt (YP1) (DR) - Had an awful season, didn't help that he got a couple of bad injuries along the way.

Johan Bystrom (YP2) (ST) - Was rubbish at the start but during the 2nd half of the season he really showed what he could do.

Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) (ST) - A really bad season which was swamped with injuries, not anything major but it prevented him from get a run in the 1st team.

Thomas Jonsson (YP4) (ST) - Not too bad, still room for improvement but I was generally happy with how he played.

Tony Thoren (YP5) (DC) - Best player in the division going by averaging rating which is quite an achievment and it showed as he won Swedish Second Division East Goteland Defender of the Year Award.

Filip Linder (YP6) (GK) - Not bad, hasn't been able to stop our poor clean sheet record but didn't do anything majorly wrong.

Niklas Andersson (YP7) (GK) - Only had a few games towards the end of the season and incredibly didn't concede a goal in any of the 3 matches he played. Maybe he has a future here.

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) (ST) - Rated really highly by my assistant for his potential but he didn't show much of it this season. Admittedly chances were limited but he didn't exactly shine in the ones he was given.

Christopher Lindahl (YP9) (DC) - Was overshadowed by Tony Thoren (YP5) all season but he did play his part, not as good as Thoren but still very capably.

Finances

Season--------------League---------------Position-------------Swedish Cup--------------Euro Cup-------------Champions League----
2010         Second Division EG           10th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A 
2011         Second Division EG            4th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A
2012         Second Division EG            3rd               Prelim Rnd                  N/A                       N/A

Still improving! Could a promotion push be on the cards for next season?

KUTGW!

I really hope so as I have just gone through the ordeal of new contracts and lets just say a few players are getting too big for their boots.

Great season, slow and steady progress makes for a much more interesting career than instant success :)

Where do you think your squad is strong/weak at the moment?

One thing, your Squad link goes to the League Graph ;)

Strongest has to be strikers but only because we seem to get one every season (thats good enough for 1st team). Weakest is definately defence although goalkeeper isn't far behind. At least that should make next season more interesting, plenty of goals either end.

Thanks for noticing the screenshot mix up don't know how I managed to do that :o. Fixed now

Preseason

Media Prediction: 6th

Promotion Odds: 40-1

Expectations: Top Half Finish

Wage Budget: £1,604 (£2,569)

Wage Bill: £1,617 (£1,779)

Ticket price: £6.50 (£7.40)

Season Ticket Holders: 49 (49)

Season Ticket Price: £51.60 (£59.60)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

As you can see above the board have reduced ticket and season prices for the 2nd year running :mad:. Are they trying to get us bankrupt, I am doing everything I can to save money and they are undoing it all. Ticket prices have gone from £7.70 --> £6.50 (16% decrease) and Season ticket prices have gone from £62.20 --> £51.60 (17% decrease) in 2 years. In these same 2 years I have had to cut my wages from £2,438/week to £1,617/week (34% cut).

To put his into persepective some players on teams in the same division are on £1k/week+ contracts.

Another example: Panellinos who are predicted to finish 11th cover my whole wage budget with their 2 highest earning players. Considering this is from a team who have only just got promoted into this division, they were in the 5th tier the season before!!!

Fredrik Lundgren (YP10) (DM, MC) - Report

Calle Ewald (YP11) (DL) - Report

Fredrik Bjork (YP12) (ST) - Report

As you can see I am clutching at straws with these three youth players, worryingly they were the best I got. To be honest if it continues like this then this save might be ending prematurely.

Friendlies

Skara 0-3 Tord

Tord 2-3 Fassberg

Not many friendlies due to the early rounds (yes that is meant to be plural not a typo) of the Swedish Cup which I will do in the April Update.

April 2013

Swedish Cup Preliminary Round: Nike 1-3 Tord

At of all the teams it could have been we had to draw Nike, coincidence? Johan Bystrom (YP2) gave us the lead in the 7th min with a fine finish from the edge of the area. However Nike were level on the stroke of half time. In the 2nd half Johan Bystrom (YP2) continued to impress as he set up Heinonen to retake the lead. Then in the 85th min we countered a Nike attack with Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) and Johan Bystrom (YP2) clear through on the keeper, the former unselfishly crossed for the latter for an easy tap in.

Swedish Cup 1st Round: Tord 0-1 Vimmerby

We started off badly and conceded almost straight away but overall we deserved at least the draw. Cup run over now for the league.

League: Nybro 2-3 Tord

Maybe a sign our luck is changing, we managed to win a very even game. Svahn scored after a perfectly timed run which saw him beat the offside trap in the 27th min. Then just after half time a long hoof upfield somehow got Fredrik Bjork (YP12) through on goal and he scored with a great finish. Nybro's comeback looked to be on when they got 1 back in the 62nd min but almost immediately Johan Bystrom (YP2) restored our 2 goal lead. Nybro then scored again in the 84th min to set up a nervy finish but we held on to get off to a winning start.

League: Skovde AIK 3-0 Tord

Oh dear. We were probably the better team as well. Te difference between us was they took their chances we wasted ours.

LeagueTableApr-30.png

May 2013

League: Tord 3-0 Panellinios

2 in 7 mins in the 1st half put us on our way, firstly Blixt scored from a 30 yard free kick. Then Calle Ewald (YP11) on his debut whipped in an inch perfect ball for Johan Bystrom (YP2) to slot home. The game was wrapped up in the 84th min, Gustavsson firing home from a corner. Johan Bystrom (YP2)'s goal saw him level the clubs top league scorer record with 23 goals.

League: Tord 2-1 Smedby

We started off extremely well, pressure from Fredrik Bjork (YP8) caused their defender to put into his own net. Then on the quarter of an hour mark, Gustavsson powered a header home from a corner. Smedby did get one back late on but never looked like getting another.

League: Annelund 1-3 Tord

Johan Bystrom (YP2) opened the scoring, also making him the clubs highest league scorer ever. He headed home from Andersson's cross. It looked like we were cruising it but not getting the 2nd goal proved costly as Annelund scored from their only shot on target in the match. Luckily we had a late fight back Svahn and Torstensson scoring within 2 mins of each other to seal a deserved victory.

League: Tord 0-0 Linkoping

Really should ahve made it 4 wins in a row but again poor finishing cost us.

League: Tord 1-0 Koping

It looked like we had wasted another chance to win. That was until Fredrik Bjork (YP12) collected a clearance from one of our defenders and ran past 2 of their defenders before smashing his shot in off the underside of the bar with 13 mins remaining. 2 clean sheets in a row as well, what is this madness?

LeagueTableMay-5.png

well well.....Nike aren't doing to well in your save are they ;)

do you think you could push promotion or gonna be a mid table sorta year?

Hoping promotion or at the very least in the top 3.

As for Nike they got relegated 1st season but bounced back immediately. They finished 4th last season and after 7 games are 9th in this season. Not great but not terrible.

That's a great sight seeing Tord topping the table! Hopefully you'll be there or thereabouts all season :)
go go go, what a month, well done
You are right on my schedule (though the lack of a playoff last year, no doubt engineered by the Swedes to make me look bad, was a minor miscalculation)! Up the Tord! :D

Thanks guys

June 2013

League: Motala AIF 0-0 Tord

We should have won this really, but chance after chance passed us by. Our stint in 1st place has ended very prematurely :(.

League: Tord 4-3 VMA IK

Fantastic game which we deserved to absolutely thrash them but it was one of those games where every opposition shot found the back of the net. We got off to an awful start, finding ourselves 2-0 down inside 8 mins. But Fredrik Bjork (YP12) turned on the style to draw us level, his 1st was from 25 yards into the bottom corner. His 2nd was from a cross by P. Linares where he took a touch before prodding past the keeper. Our parity didn't last long though as they scored their 3rd 2 mins after our equaliser. We completly dominated the 2nd half and finally got another equaliser which our play deserved when Andersson's inch perfect cross was met by the head of Johan Bystrom (YP2). We took the lead in the 74th min, a quick counter attack which ended with Svahn crossing for Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) to tap home from a yard out.

League: Tord 0-0 Kenty

Should have won this one but it looked like we used up all our attacking quality in the last match. This result was extra disappointing as Kenty are one of the teams challenging for the title this season.

League: FC Gute 3-0 Tord

We were just dreadful, I don't know what happened. FC Gute could have had many more than 3 as well. We are still only a point away from the top at the halfway stage.

I also made the decision to sell Petter Vibeke, yes he was good for us but his wage of £300/week was too much so he will leave on the 1st of July.

LeagueTableJune-2.png

July 2013

League: Tord 2-0 Skovde AIK

A good win to bounceback from our heavy defeat to FC Gute l;ast time out. Svahn got our 1st midway through the 1st half when he headed home from a free kick. Fredrik Bjork (YP12) sealed the win with a very good finish despite being under pressure from two defenders.

League: Panellinos 1-1 Tord

Disappointing draw to one of the league's relegation candidates. We conceded right on the stroke of half time which really took it out of us but a Panellinos red card gave us the belief and energy we needed to get something from the game. Fredrik Bjork (YP12) continued his run of good form by sliding home to get us an 89th min leveller.

League: Tord 1-0 Nybro

Not a great performance but it'll do. Fredrik Bjork (YP12) netting his 6th in 8 games with his customary bottom corner finish from the edge of the box.

League: Smedby 1-3 Tord

Another good performance which saw us reclaim top spot by a solitary point. Fredrik Bjork (YP12) did not get on the scoresheet however he did set up Heinonen for our 1st. We had to wait till the 2nd half to seal the 3 points, Svahn doing so in the 74th min. The icing on the cake came 2 mins later where we scored from the play that started with the kick off. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) firing an unstoppable shot into the top corner. They did get a consolation in the 84th min but overall it was an easy win for us.

LeagueTableJuly-3.png

Very nice thread, can you think of a country in which you could actually do this challenge starting from first season? instantly playing the youth

I'm not too sure. It would have to be a country which has pretty poor leagues in it and quite a few tiers.

I chose Sweden because it's leagues have low rep and 4 tiers which means that at the bottom tier the players are most likely going to be rubbish so youth players can just go straight into the 1st team. Northern Ireland may be another choice although some teams don't have any youth facilities and therefore don't get any youth players coming through.

When/if a file for the English leagues down to level 8 or 10 comes out you could do it with a team from there.

August 2013

League: Tord 2-1 Annelund

A good win against one of the better sides in the division. Johan Bystrom (YP2) opened the scoring in the 32nd min from a Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) cross. He then doubled our lead in the 65th min with a great strike into the top corner. Annelund got a goal back in the 84th min but after a nervy few mins we held on to claim the win.

League: Linkoping 1-3 Tord

The win was set up by a fantastic start to the match, P.Linares crossed for Svahn to score a diving header from 18 yards in the 5th min. The 2nd came in the 13th min when Johan Bystrom (YP2)'s cross found Tostensson who fired in at the near post. Johan Bystrom (YP2) made it 3-0 just after half time before Linkoping got a late consolation.

League: Koping 1-1 Tord

We got off to a fantastic start, Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) scoring after 30 seconds, making it the quickest Tord goal ever. However we never got a 2nd which allowed Koping to always have a chance in the game. They took that chance in the 70th min to level and thus we are knocked off top spot.

League: Tord 5-1 Motala AIF

A fantastic win and just the morale boost we need as we play 2nd and 3rd in the next 2 games. Anton Alvefelt (YP1)'s 40 yard free kick picked out Svahn perfectly to head home after 4 mins. 6 mins later Tord and Svahn had a 2nd, Svahn started the move off with a powerful run down the middle before passing out wide to Andersson who whipped in a cross which Svahn scored with his 1st touch. Then on the stroke of half time Heinonen's 30 yard shot was spilled by Motala's keeper right into Fredrik Karlsson (YP8)'s path for him to add a 3rd. It was more of the same in the 2nd half as Anton Alvefelt (YP1) crossed for Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) to add his 2nd of the match. Motala got 1 back in the 62nd min but it was very much too little too late. Svahn managed to get his hat trick in the 70th min to also make this Tord's biggest win ever before having to go off injured.

LeagueTableAug-40.png

Archived