[FM11] IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products

hrbfcrule

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yer but I do like to see what level of players are being offered to me

In other news:

youthacademy.png

The board refused to upgrade youth facilities but after a bit of persuasion accepted my Youth Academy request :D

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Won't make much difference, of course. ;)

In my experiences of throwing high PA and low CA youngsters in and giving them lots of first team football over anything else I'd prefer the Academy as a first step, not so much point enabling youngsters to reach not that great potential. Incidentally with my love of Sweden reawakened I've started a Sweden-only save (this from someone for whom 8-10 nations is rather small). Not sure how much play it'll get but it'll go by very fast when I do and should provide interesting experiences and cement it as a favourite FM nation. Starting out in the 2nd Div as well, though with 'predicted top' Enkoppings instead of 'predicted bottom' Tord. Plus my favourite muppet is the Swedish Chef so what's not to like about the place?

Thanks for the replies. I think I built the wrong one at Tonbridge in my game then (facilities), considering that a polished turd is still a turd! Also, ditto deltablue - Sweden is now firmly on my list of countries to try and will be loaded next time I start a new game!

Which is better, a youth academy or upgraded youth facilities? Or, more to the point, what effect does each have? Congrats either way ;)

in this footbal manager there is only 1 GREAT choice: "Youth Recruitment Network". if this is on a good level the best players will come to your team. also it hasn't absolutely to do with the facilities if a youngster is going to reach his potential but it has more to do with his PROFESSIONALISM.

In my experiences of throwing high PA and low CA youngsters in and giving them lots of first team football over anything else I'd prefer the Academy as a first step, not so much point enabling youngsters to reach not that great potential. Incidentally with my love of Sweden reawakened I've started a Sweden-only save (this from someone for whom 8-10 nations is rather small). Not sure how much play it'll get but it'll go by very fast when I do and should provide interesting experiences and cement it as a favourite FM nation. Starting out in the 2nd Div as well, though with 'predicted top' Enkoppings instead of 'predicted bottom' Tord. Plus my favourite muppet is the Swedish Chef so what's not to like about the place?

Good Luck with Enkoppings:thup:

just read all the way through and find this a great read, infact it has taken 2 days at work! so i got home late last night and thought i will give it a go myself!

good luck in the future and looking forward to read more.

Thanks and good luck if you decide to attempt it yourself

I have been offered layers worth £3m to me in Iceland, I have a £8k budget...

And gratz on the academy!!

Flamers

lol it's the agent's fault they need to know their market

Hey man, just to say really well done on the challenge, I'm amazed by how well you've done! I like how you've now become entwined in just about every part of the clubs history as well :-) Keep up the good work!

also awesome news on the youth academy!

Thanks

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Won't make much difference, of course. ;)

Oh of course :D still excited though

Thanks everyone for all the support :thup:

Preseason

Media Prediction: 13th

Promotion Odds: 50-1

Expectations: Safe Mid-table Finish

Wage Budget: £7,887 (£7,039)

Wage Bill: £2,888 (£3,136)

Ticket price: £18.30 (£16.40)

Season Ticket Holders: 279 (267)

Season Ticket Price: £203.00 (£183.00)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

As you all know I managed to convince the board to build a Youth Academy that will be finished at the start of next season.

I have brought in 2 new coahes, Johan Svensson and Benny Ljungberg. They aren't great but they are the best I can get on my budget.

3 new youth players:

Simon Berisha (YP31) (MC) - Report

Par Eklund (YP32) (DM, MC) - Report

Peter Jansson (YP33) (ST) - Report

I have also sold Johan Bystrom (YP2) to LB07 for a club record £10k. He was unhappy, wanted to leave and was playing rubbish. Also his £400/week wage was too much for the standard of play.

He isn't even on the club's favoured personnel list but I think he has been a legend at the club. His 101 goals in 280 appearances were vital especially in the earlier seasons when we were lower down the leagues. I think the 2nd tier was a step too far for him.

Friendlies

Lindome 1-0 Tord

Varbergs BOIS 1-0 Tord

Norrby 1-3 Tord

Assmundtorp 2-1 Tord

Jonsered 1-3 Tord

I tried setting up big friendly matches from Flamers's suggestion but no one would accept so I gave up for this season. I'll definately try again next season.

Can I be rude and ask in here how I go about getting a youth academy on FM10? Do I just have to keep asking for them to improve my youth facilities and eventually it will come?

In a word, yes. It just eventually comes as part of an upgrade :)

Well done on getting the youth academy built. I can tell you from experience that you will note no significant difference in the carp that come through!

Good luck for this season, your accountancy skills with the budgets are very impressive.

I see you like playing narrow :p

Flamers

Yer my preferred formations are narrow + I don't get many decent wingers through the youth.

Congratulations on the youth academy improvement. :thup:

Can I be rude and ask in here how I go about getting a youth academy on FM10? Do I just have to keep asking for them to improve my youth facilities and eventually it will come?

Thanks, to elaborate on what SnakeXe said I think it is the last upgrade of your youth facilities.

great read keep it up mate

Thanks

Well done on getting the youth academy built. I can tell you from experience that you will note no significant difference in the carp that come through!

Good luck for this season, your accountancy skills with the budgets are very impressive.

Thanks, \o/ thats good to hear about the youth academy /sarcasm. Oh well surely it can't hinder my youth players

April 2022

League: Tord 2-1 GIF Sundsvall

We conceded early but were quick to reply. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) opened his account for the season in the 14th min to equalise. Despite it being a very even game we managed to nick a winner. Anders Axelsson (YP20) heading home from a free kick with less than 15 mins lefton the clock.

Swedish Cup 2nd Round: Linkoping 1-0 Tord

Our 7th consecutive away tie in the cup and whats more they stole my tactic :mad:. What made it even worse was they then proceeded to beat me with it. A goal just before half time was enough to separate the two sides. The wait for a home cup match goes on for another year.

League: Atvidaverg 0-2 Tord

2 wins from 2 in the league now. Again a very even game but Atvidaberg were punished for switching off 5 mins before half time. Both Anton Dahlberg (YP30) and Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) scored just before half time give us an unlikely 3 points against one of the favourites for promotion.

League: Tord 1-1 Degerfors

Our luck ran out in this match, Degerfors took a 1st half lead and would have got all 3 points if it weren't for a decent Johan Heinonen strike midway through the 2nd half.

League: Brommapojkarna 1-0 Tord

Our 1st league loss and deservedly so, we haven't played well so far but have been riding our luck.

LeagueTableApr-4.png

May 2022

League: Tord 1-0 Umea FC

A pretty rubbish match but we managed to get 3 points and thats what matters. Johan Heinonen grabbed the only goal of the game early in the 2nd half with a tap in.

League: Sleipner 0-1 Tord

A shock win away to top of the league Sleipner. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) scored in 1st half injury time, we didn't really deserve the win but we'll take it.

League: Tord 1-1 Hacken

The one match we play reasonably well in and we draw it :rolleyes:. Anders Svensson (YP16) headed home from a corner but Hacken equalised just before half time and thats the way it stayed.

League: Ljungskile 1-1 Tord

A fair result in the end but Ljungskile will feel hard done by. They took the lead in the 24th min but Anders Svensson (YP16) scored his 2nd in as many matches in the 89th min.

League: Halmstad 0-1 Tord

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) scored his 4th of the season as we scraped a win over a hard fighting Halmstad. We did lose Anton Alvefelt (YP1) for about 3 weeks though.

League: Tord 0-1 Oster

Embarrassing. We go 1-0 down late in the 1st half. They get a man sent off in the 56th min but we still manage to lose it. I expected us to at least try and get a goal back but we were void of quality this match.

LeagueTableMay-3.png

I have also sacked my previous assistant manager in favour of former player Joachim Dahlstrom, he only made 27 appearances for the club but did score 5 goals including some crackers. Also his stats are so much better than my last assistant.

Other staff news: Both Johan Heinonen and Isaac Blixt are looking to stay in the game when they retire. They are looking to become a coach and assistant manager respectively. I will probably sign both of them into my backroom staff when I can

Cheers SnakeXe. It's taking ages though. :(

Do they only upgrade the facilities once a season? I'm still lagging way behind where I should be in terms of facilities. :(

Yeah no matter when you request it they always seem to instigate the development over the summer. It's still the same on FM11, frustratingly enough.

Ah damn. Got to keep playing then and getting through the seasons so that I can finally get better facilities! I think my crappy training facilities might be holding back the development of some of my young players actually. :(

Sorry for hijacking your thread hrbfcrule. :o

No problem in having a little discussion especially as it's relevant

Promising start, winning ugly is always nice! Hopefully you'll start playing better soon.
nice start to the season mate. lets hope you can keep the form up
Keep it up! This is the greatest career for FM 11 without doubt.

Thanks guys

June 2022

League: Tord 0-0 Vasby

I was expecting to win this and we really should have done if we want to be serious about our title push. Unfortunately we couldn't finish our chances although the general performance was much better.

League: Syrianska Kerburan 0-0 Tord

We got pretty battered in this match but somehow held on to claim a draw. We either play well at home or away we can never do both.

League: Oddevold 0-0 Tord

Another goalless draw to continue probably the most boring month for Tord fans. So much so that they would probably prefer a month in the off-season instead of this. Just the one shot on target in total in the whole game.

League: Tord 1-0 Norrkoping

No I am not joking there was actually a goal in this match. So close to a completely goalless month until Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) scored in the 86th min to grab us the win.

LeagueTableJun.png

Despite these average results we are top :confused:. Everyone else have been dropping points just as badly which will make for an exciting 2nd half of the season as it is so tight throughout the whole table.

Also I find it amusing that we are top having scored 11 goals in 14 matches :o. A Hacken player already has 10 goals for the season, nearly as much as our whole squad.

July 2022

League: Degerfors 1-0 Tord

A very tight game in which we had the better chances. However it was Degerfors who nabbed the win with a great effort from 25 yards.

League: Tord 1-0 Atvidaberg

A deserved win, Anders Svensson (YP16) getting the only goal of the game midway through the 1st half. the win pushes us back into the promotion places after briefly slipping out of them.

League: GAIS 1-0 Tord

Another unfortunate loss, GAIS netted from their only shot on target and indeed the only shot on target in the whole match. It looked like it was destined for a 0-0 draw but we just couldn't hold on to the point.

League: GIF Sundsvall 0-1 Tord

A great day for Jimmy Froberg (YP28) who managed to net his 1st goal for the club in his 31st appearance. His goal 4 mins into the 2nd half was also enough for all the points.

League: Tord 0-0 Brommapojkarna

We were really unlucky not to win this one, we were the better team throughout the match and had a glorious chance when Brommapojkarna went down to 10 men for the last 20 mins thanks to a red card. We couldn't take full advantage of this despite hitting the post in the dying seconds.

LeagueTableJuly-3.png

August 2022

League: Umea FC 1-1 Tord

So close to the win and yet so far. Peter Jansson (YP33) scored his 1st for the club in the 65th min to give us the lead which our play deserved. But Umea hit back late in injury time to nick a point.

League: Tord 3-3 Sleipner

I think we may have given half the crowd heart attacks. 6 goals in a game:eek:. We took the lead 3 times yet couldn't hold onto any of them for more than 10 mins. Jonas Andersson (YP27) gave us the lead in the 36th min but Sleipner equalised in injury time. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) gave us the lead for a 2nd time in the 58th min but just 5 mins later Sleipner were back level. For the 3rd time Peter Jansson (YP33) gave us the lead with his 2nd in as many games but 9 mins later Sleipner equalised. :( typical we score 3 goals for the 1st time this season and still don't win.

League: Hacken 1-0 Tord

We were obviously still shocked about the number of goals in the last match. We kept giving the ball away to the opposition and they made us pay. We never really created any decent chances this match even after going one down. Overall a disappointing result and performance.

League: Oster 1-1 Tord

For some reason we are struggling to hold onto our leads at the moment. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) gave us the lead in the 1st half but we were pegged back before half time. Another draw, we are winless in 5 yet still in with a chance of promotion as everyone seems to be slipping each other up.

It's worth noting that 5 of our last 7 games are at home which could give us a crucial advantage in the promotion race.

LeagueTableAug-3.png

You can do it !

;-)

You can do this
Come on Tord hopefully you can the automatic promotion spot to save the agony of the playoffs, Good Luck

Thanks, to be honest I would take the playoff place that would be a great achievement

Just started reading this last week and have really enjoyed it! Love the youth experiment. I've always loved trying to bring youth players through and make a great team, but to base the whole team around it and do so well so quickly is quite impressive. Hoping you can hold onto the playoff spot now that first has kind of kicked away, but regardless, the last two seasons are proving great building blocks for when your time comes to make the step up!

September 2022

League: Tord 2-0 Halmstad

Our 1st win in 6 games comes courtesy of a Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) brace in the 1st half. 2 well taken goals which continues his good form of 4 in 4 games. Unfortunately he got a yellow card (his 5th of the season) so will miss the next game.

League: Tord 1-0 Ljungskile

Turns out we didn't need him but only just. Lars Lundgren (YP21) was there to save us in the 21st min. He jinked past a defender on the edge of the area before slamming it low into the bottom corner.

League: Vasby 1-2 Tord

We were a bit fortunate to come away with the win here but who cares, except Vasby and their fans. We also managed to score twice in a minute Johan Heinonen scoring the 1st then from the kick off we tackle their player before Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) scores the 2nd. Vasby did get one back in the 90th min but it wasn't enough.

League: Tord 5-3 Syrainska Kerburan :eek::confused:

Where did this come from???? Not only were there 8 goals but the game was reasonably interesting as well, not like all our 0-0's and 1-0's. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) gave us an early lead before a Jonas Anderson (YP27) penalty doubled our advantage. We continued the scoring in the 2nd half when Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) slotted home from a corner. Of course we had to make it difficult for ourselves so we gave away a cheap goal. Our 4th came from another corner this time Tony Thoren (YP5) was on hand to put it away. Syrainska brought the difference back down to 2 goals in the 72nd min and scared me even more when they made it 4-3 in the 92nd min. I needn't have worries though as Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) and Pontus Lagerlund (YP24) played a lovely one two with the latter applying the finish.

Those were Pontus Lagerlund (YP24)'s 1st goals for over 18 hours, and he is meant to be my 2nd best striker.

LeagueTableSept-3.png

Just started reading this last week and have really enjoyed it! Love the youth experiment. I've always loved trying to bring youth players through and make a great team, but to base the whole team around it and do so well so quickly is quite impressive. Hoping you can hold onto the playoff spot now that first has kind of kicked away, but regardless, the last two seasons are proving great building blocks for when your time comes to make the step up!

Thanks, I think the reason I have been able to move up the leagues so "quickly" is beacuse there isn't a huge amount of difference in quality in the lower divisions (eg. the last 2 seasons a team from the 3rd tier have got consecutive promotions to the 1st tier without a tycoon takeover.) The major differences will be in the Swedish Premier League and then beyond that Europe.

Teams in the final of the Swedish Cup for the past 12 seasons:

13 from Swedish Premier

7 from 2nd Tier

3 from 3rd Tier

1 from 4th Tier

Either the Premiership sides don't take it seriously (they should there is a Euro Cup place at stake) or the Premiership isn't too far ahead of the other divisions

It seems like 1st haven't kicked away at all, they only managed 1 draw in September and are now struggling :D

This season is just epic.
What a September! Keep that up and you'll power away from the pack :)
Gratz on 1st!

Flamers

Thanks guys

Heh, I love it when things go right! Three games to go, don't bottle it! :D

I'll try not to

keep it up hrbfcrule 3 games left I would presume so in your hands now.

What tier are you in again?

Tier 2 now

October 2022

League: Tord 0-1 Oddevold

We went down to a very early goal in the 1st min. We fought back but couldn't find an equaliser. There is now only 1 point between the top 4 teams with 2 games remaining.

League: Norrkoping 0-1 Tord

A vital win and it could just be the result that sees us get promotion. Johan Heinonen got the goal which was the 500th we have have scored in my reign as Tord manager.

League: Tord 0-1 GAIS

We knew a draw would definately see us promoted and even if we lost we had a decent chance. Well you know we love to do things the hard way so lose we did. It was unfortunate as we deserved at least a point but now everything rests on other results. . . .

Archived