[FM11] IK Tord - Becoming the best in Europe using only youth products

hrbfcrule

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 2016

League: Tord 2-1 Lund

It was a pretty rubbish game until the last half an hour of the 2nd half. Firstly Johan Bystrom (YP2) put us in front in the 64th min but celebrations were cut short when Lund quickly equalised. We got the win we deserved with a bit of fortune, Robin Johannesson (YP15)'s shot rebounded off the post and hit the back of the keeper and went in.

League: Tord 3-0 Angleholm

Robin Johannesson (YP15) got the winner last match although it wasn't credited to him, this time it was as he opened the scoring to give us a 1-0 lead at half time. In the 2nd half we scored twice more, first Robin Johannesson (YP15) set up Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) to smash home into the top corner. Then just a few mins later Fredrik Bjork (YP12) tapped in a 3rd to round off an impressive performance.

League: Hogaborg 2-2 Tord

Twice we took the lead and twice we failed to hang onto it. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) scored both our goals, the first in the 3rd min when he controlled a cross nicely before slotting past the keeper. Then in the 33rd min he made it 2-1 by turning on the edge of the box and rifling the ball into the top corner. Unfortunately we couldn't hold on for the win that we deserved.

League: Tord 2-0 Varnamo

Making the most of our home games now as we pick up another 3 points. Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) gave us the lead a few mins before half time after getting a few lucky deflections in the box. Then Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) sealed the win late on after a misplaced backpass found him and he raced through and powered a shot home.

League: Oster 0-2 Tord

Probably the best game of my career as we destroy the league leaders away from home :D :D. It was Fredrik Karlsson (YP8), continuing his fine form, who did the damage by netting twice in the 1st half. In the 3rd min he got between 2 defenders to head home a cross. Then in injury time another keeper mistake allowed him to score his 2nd.

LeagueTableJun-1.png

:O You're second! Brilliant form, let's hope you can keep it up! That win against Oster is particularly amazing given your usual away record!

I don't expect it to last but the win against Oster was brilliant purely because it was so unexpected

2 weeks and you're in 2016? wow :O I'm currently in 2011 :D

To be fair the season's are really short in Sweden, the leagues are between 12 and 16 teams. I have played 167 games in this save which is roughly 3/3.5 English seasons. SnakeXe is in 2020 and he's playing in Italy :O

July 2016

League: Tord 2-0 Hassleholm

We continue our good form with a routine win over lowly Hassleholm. We struck twice in quick succession midway through the 2nd half, Johan Bystrom (YP2) and Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) getting a goal each.

League: Rosengard 2-0 Tord

Well it had to end sometime :(. We went on a magnificent run of 11 games unbeaten which consisted of 7 wins and 4 draws with 19 goals scored and 6 conceded. They were the slightly better team but if we had taken our chances the unbeaten run could have quite easily continued.

LeagueTableJuly-6.png

Shame about the run ending, but this is still turning out to be a great season. Keep it up!

Thanks, don't expect it to end well though

August 2016

League: Tord 1-0 Qviding

We didn't really deserve to win but oh well. Our goal came from super sub Christoffer Zekria (YP17) 2 mins before full time. Not a bad time to get your 1st goal for the club.

League: Kristianstad 0-2 Tord

A comfortable win against possibly one of the worst teams ever to grace this division (by the end of this month they have not won in 20 league games). Although to be fair we only just scraped the win despite dominating the whole match. We stepped our play up a gear when they got a man sent off in the 70th min, this man advantage allowed Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) to score twice in 3 mins to get us the 3 points. Both goals being almost carbon copies of each other, Calle Ewald (YP11) crossing to the far post where Karlsson (YP8) headed home.

League: Tord 1-1 Torslanda

Disappointing as we have lost ground to everyone else and have dropped to 4th. We had an awful 1st half where we conceded early on but our 2nd half performance was brilliant except that we only scored once. Again Calle Ewald (YP11) provided the assist with a perfectly weighted cross which Christoffer Zekria (YP17) was on hand to tap home.

League: Vastra Frolunda 1-0 Tord

Continue to lose ground on our rivals as the midseason dreams/hopes of a chance at promotion start to fade. We were completely outplayed and deserved to lose 4 or 5-0.

League: Tord 2-0 Jonkopings Sodra

A good way to end the month with a decent win over your fierce rivals. Especially with over 2000 people attending (our average attendances are around the 300 mark normally), hopefully this will increase our attendances in the near future. Johan Bystrom (YP2), who has been having a torrid time recently, bagged both goals to remake him a favourite with the fans. His 1st came 43 seconds in, the opposition hadn't even had a touch of the ball. His 2nd, just before half time, shattered the fragile confidence of the Jonkoping Sodra players. The supposed promotion contenders now find themselves deep in the relegation zone.

LeagueTableAug-43.png

Don't despair! With only 3 losses, if you can simply manage to avoid draws going home, you'll be positioned for a possible move up! Who are your remaining games against?

We have:

Lund (A)

Husqvarna (H)

Angelholm (A)

Hogaborg (H)

Oster (H)

Varnamo (A)

So 2 promotion chasing teams, 2 mid table teams and 2 relegation candidates

Wow. This is promising. Crossing fingers for your last fixtures!

Also like that you give numbers to your youth players in brackets. A good way to keep up with who is who.

Yer I stole the idea from Nep's Youth Player thread in CSE. I normally use it to see which of my players came through the youth system but since all my players are from my youth system in this save the numbers and brackets are there only to keep track of who is who. Also makes it easier to find them on player search if I start to let some go in a few years, makes it easier to catch up with them.

September 2016

League: Lund 0-2 Tord

Again it was 2 1st half goals from Johan Bystrom (YP2) which gave us the 3 points including a goal after just 19 seconds making it the fastest Tord goal ever.

League: Tord 2-1 Husqvarna

A big big win, 2nd vs 3rd and we have actually managed to come away the result. Them being our fierce rivals makes victory even sweeter. Anders Svensson (YP16), who has played amazing all season, got his 2nd of the season to give us a 1st half lead. But in the 2nd half Husqvarna levelled against the run of play. Luckily we had a striker in form to snatch us the win in the dying seconds, Johan Bystrom (YP2) scored his standard goal of beating the offside trap and slotting past the keeper.

League: Angelholm 2-1 Tord

:( A shock loss even though we are playing away. Made even worse by the fact that Johan Bystrom (YP2) got injured and will be out for the next game as well. Despite managing a solitary shot on target the whole game Angelholm scored twice, once from the spot and a 2nd was an own goal. Fredrik Bjork (YP12) gave us hope with a goal in the 61st min but we couldn't grab the equaliser.

League: Tord 0-0 Hogaborg

Generally an awful match although we did have the one good chance to win it. Unfortunately we didn't take that opportunity and we slip down to 3rd on goal difference.

LeagueTableSept-40.png

Don't despair. You needed to win out to get promotion, as it turns out. Even had you won five straight, including the upcoming game against Öster, you'd still be level with them on points and quite possibly still behind in goal differential. I think its a massive result to finish 2nd or 3rd, given you were 9th twice, and given that you were only 6th or 7th as I recall about a third of the season in. :)

October 2016

League: Tord 3-0 Oster

Well they certainly did go easy on me as we played them off the park. Johan Bystrom (YP2) just back from injury got our opener in the 10th min. This was doubled a quarter of an hour later by Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) who scored from a tight angle from Isaac Blixt's freekick. The game was wrapped up in the 2nd half when another Blixt freekick was parried by the keeper right into Anders Svensson (YP16)'s path. He made no mistake to score his 3rd of the season.

League: Varnamo 0-4 Tord

Got a huge amount of luck just when we needed it most :D. 4 shots in the 1st half, 4 on target, 4 goals. Clinical. Not only was it 4-0 in the 1st half but it was 4-0 after just 23 mins, an incredible performance. Isaac Blixt got us up and running with a 25 yard effort which went straight down the keeper's throat yet somehow ended up in the net. Just 3 mins later in the 11th min it was Blixt's freekick which gave Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) an easy tap in to make it 2-0. Just 4 mins after that Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) had a 2nd, a perfect counter attack set off Karlsson (YP8) into half a pitch of room where he took the ball forward and smashed it past the keeper. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) completed his hat trick in the 23rd min when he slid home from Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3)'s cross.

But is it enough to get into the promotion playoff . . . . . .

Excellent work Hrbfcrule. Ahead of schedule as well. Good luck in the play-off.
Awesome last 2 games! It has to be enough for the playoff, surely...?

Thanks everyone, yes it was enough for the playoff as Rosengard lost their last game of the season allowing us to sneak into 2nd on the last day.

Well played in the run-in, your defence really is watertight, always helps! What happens in the promotion playoff? Do you play a team from the league above which finished in the relegation playoff position, I presume? Well played though!

Exactly right. As there are 2 leagues (First Division South/North) there are 2 relegation playoff spots in the division above. A draw is done to see who plays who.

Have played the promotion playoff games and I have to say it has been the craziest playoff I have ever been a part of. Just to give you some idea there were 14 goals, 2 red cards and 1 missed penalty over the 2 games.

Promotion Playoff

1st Leg: Falkenberg 6-4 Tord

We continued our fantastic league form into this game as we dominated the game. We were also helped by a fantastic start to the match goal-wise. Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) gave us the lead in the 5th min but it didn't come easy, his initial shot was saved by the keeper before Blixt smashed the rebound off the post and only then did Karlsson (YP8) find then net. In the 19th min Blixt made it 2-0 after Karlsson (YP8) pulled it back to him on the edge of the box. Just a few mins later and we were in dreamland, from their restart we retook possesion and Johan Bystrom (YP2) played a neat 1 2 with Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) before slotting home the return ball. It looked like we were cruising for promotion but from then on our luck changed. There was nothing wrong with their 1st goal but their 2nd,which got them right back into the game, was an apparent handball. Still we were 3-2 up at half time and looking in good shape.

Things got even worse after the break though as our luck continued to worsen, their shot from just inside the area cannoned off their own player wrongfooting our keeper. Just 4 mins later a 30 yard screamer into the top corner put us behind for the 1st time in the game. They then completed the mother of all comebacks with a 40 yard lob which arose from our keeper's mistake. Going from 3-0 up to 5-3 down is gutting especially when we have had 6 clear cut chances to their 2. The game wasn't done yet for goals though, Fredrik Bjork (YP12) gave us hope going to the 2nd leg with his deflected shot counting as an own goal to make it 5-4. But a lapse in concentration allowed Falkenberg to restore their 2 goal advantage and give us a real mountain to climb in the 2nd leg. As if things couldn't get any worse Johan Bystrom (YP2) got himself injured in injury time and will miss the 2nd leg. I wasn't exactly optimistic going into the 2nd leg although I think it's safe to say if we do win by a 2 goal margin we will have the away goal rule on our side.

2nd Leg: Tord a(7) 3-1 (7) Falkenberg

We were absolutely shocking in the 1st half, not managing a single shot but we were still in with a chance of promotion after Falkenberg missed a penalty in the 10th min. Our 1st shot of the game turned out to be a goal Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) earned and then finished a penalty 5 mins into the 2nd half which really kicked us into life. We only needed 1 more goal to see us get promoted. Johan Heinonen provided us with that goal after he curled a shot into the top corner from the edge of the box. The ecstasy didn't last long though as Falkenberg made it 2-1 with just 25 mins left to play. Then with 17 mins left to play, Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) crossed for Martin Andersson (YP19) who took a touch before slotting under the keeper. Still the action didn't end there though, Isaac Blixt thought he'd make the game even more interesting when he scythed down a Falkenberg player with a 2 footed challenge. Thankfully it didn't cost us and Falkenberg were even kind enough to repay the gesture when they got a man sent off for his 2nd bookable offence. We managed to hold on for the last few mins to claim a historic victory which sees us get promoted to the First Division Elite. To be honest I forgot to check before the match if away goals counted in normal time or if it was only after extra time so I was still bricking it at the full time whistle.

End of Season Report: IK Tord Swedish First Division South , 2016

League Table, League Graph

Squad

A slow start but boy did things pick up. We spent the 2nd half of the season fighting for 2nd place which was helped a lot by our 11 match unbeaten run. In the end it came down to the last day where, thanks to a 4-0 away win we snuck into the promotion playoff ahead of Rosengard.

The playoff was eventful to say the least, probably one of the best experiences of my football manager career. The amount of times the game twisted and turned was incredible although I bet I wouldn't be saying this if I had lost especially after being 3-0 up away.

1st leg

2nd leg

So we went through on away goals after a 7-7 aggregate, i'm still shocked by the result, it's just incredible. I am dreading life in the Swedish Elite Division but even if we get relegated I am sure we will make a decent amount of money from it.

Swedish Cup

Uneventful really. Beat Motala AIF 3-1 away then lost to lower league oppostion in the 1st Round proper.

Youth Players

Anton Alvefelt (YP1) - Another average season, I would say he is the weak link in an otherwise very strong 1st choice defence. Left back position is definately up for grabs.

Johan Bystrom (YP2) - A decent season, just under a goal every 2 games is pretty good but I know he is capable of better. Has now played in the most league games for a Tord player with his last game of the season overtaking Jonas Svahn on 139.

Miodrag Damjanovic (YP3) - Not too many goals from him but his runs down the left have proved invaluable, providing plenty of assists.

Thomas Jonsson (YP4) - Will be the 1st of the youth players to leave the club, didn't play a single game this season as there are far better strikers coming through the ranks.

Tony Thoren (YP5) - One half of the quality centre back partnership which saw us concede the least goals in the league (just 17 in 26 games). Started off poorly but picked himself up well and was regularly getting above 7s in average rating.

Filip Linder (YP6) - Still 1st choice keeper, conceded 17 in 22 appearances with 10 clean sheets. Gave him a rest towards the end of the season to keep my 2nd choice happy.

Niklas Andersson (YP7) - Played towards the end of the season and had to even step in for the playoff games due to injury to Filip Linder (YP6). Had done well up until conceding 7 in 2 games.

Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) - Beat Johan Bystrom (YP2) to Tord's golden boot with 16 goals in 29 appearances, also came joint top scorer of the First Division South with 14 goals.

Christer Lindahl (YP9) - Being kept out of the 1st team by a solid centre back partnership but is 1st choice if either of them get injured.

Fredrik Lundgren (YP10) - Didn't play much, looks like he won't become anything more than a squad player, already a few people ahead of him in the pecking order and likely to be a few more as years go by.

Calle Ewald (YP11) - Anton Alvefelt (YP1)'s main contender for the left back spot. He was average for most of the season but had a couple of good games where his crosses were inch perfect.

Fredrik Bjork (YP12) - Being kept out of the 1st team by the likes of Bystrom (YP2) and Karlsson (YP8). Couldn't really get going off the bench but didn't play too badly when he started.

Stefan Nilsson (YP13) - 1st choice right back now, also he has sorted out his discipline. Only 5 yellows this season and no reds.

Paul Johansson (YP14) - Continuing to improve and even got his 1st goal for the club.

Robin Johannesson (YP15) - Again was back up to Paul Johansson (YP14), his performances don't warrant a 1st team place just yet.

Anders Svensson (YP16) - The shock of the season, partnered Tony Thoren (YP5) in central defence and he was incredible. Not only did he defend well but he also scored 3 goals making him joint 3rd top scorer.

Christoffer Zekria (YP17) - Gave him a few chances throughout the season, was a bit hit and miss. Just needs to work on consistency

Lars Lundgren (YP18) - Was rotated in midfield along with Isaac Blixt and Johan Heinonen, did well but needs to do better in the future.

Martin Andersson (YP19) - Did alright but didn't get many opportunities due to numerous things including injuries.

Finances - hoping for some big profit next season, fingers crossed

Season--------------League---------------Position-------------Swedish Cup--------------Euro Cup-------------Champions League----
2010         Second Division EG           10th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A 
2011         Second Division EG            4th                   N/A                     N/A                       N/A
2012         Second Division EG            3rd               Prelim Rnd                  N/A                       N/A
2013         Second Division EG            1st                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2014         First Division South          9th                 3rd Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2015         First Division South          9th                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A
2016         First Division South          2nd                 1st Rnd                   N/A                       N/A

Roll of Honour - Leagues

[center][b][u][size=3]Premier League[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-------------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11  |   Man Utd |  Chelsea   Arsenal    Aston Villa  |   Liverpool  Tottenham    Sunderland |  Fulham      Blackpool  Newcastle
2011/12  |   Man Utd |  Man City  Arsenal    Liverpool    |   Chelsea    Aston Villa  Tottenham  |  Sunderland  West Ham   Wolves
2012/13  |   Man Utd |  Liverpool Arsenal    Chelsea      |   Man City   Aston Villa  Tottenham  |  Sheff Wed   West Brom  Forest
2013/14  |   Chelsea |  Man Utd   Tottenham  Arsenal      |   Liverpool  Man City     Aston Villa|  Portsmouth  Hull       Barnsley
2014/15  |   Chelsea |  Man Utd   Tottenham  Liverpool    |   Man City   Arsenal      Blackburn  |  Stoke       Charlton   Plymouth
2015/16  |   Man Utd |  Chelsea   Tottenham  Arsenal      |   Man City   Liverpool    Aston Villa|  Burnley     Watford    Preston

[center][b][u][size=3]Ligue 1[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-----------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  AS Monaco | Lyon       Marseille   |    Lille          AS Nancy       PSG          | Stade Brestois  Lens          Arles-Avignon
2011/12   |  Lyon      | PSG        Marseille   |    AS Monaco      Stade Rennais  Lille        | Toulouse        Le Mans       Nantes
2012/13   |  Lyon      | AS Monaco  Lille       |    Stade Rennais  Bordeaux       Marseille    | Grenoble        Auxerre       Caen
2013/14   |  Lyon      | Bordeaux   AS Monaco   |    PSG            Marseille      Stade Rennais| Ajaccio         Nice          Amiens
2014/15   |  Lyon      | Lille      AS Monaco   |    Marseille      Bordeaux       Boulogne     | Montpellier     Valenciennes  Le Mans
2015/16   |  Lyon      | AS Monaco  PSG         |    Bordeaux       Tours          OM           | Lens            Vannes        Paris

[center][b][u][size=3]German 1st Division[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-----------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]------------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  Schalke   | Dortmund   Wolfsburg   |    FC Bayern      W. Bremen      Leverkusen   | Mainz           St Pauli      Kaiserslautern
2011/12   |  FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Stuttgart   |    Aachen         Leverkusen     Schalke      | Hannover        Freiburg
2012/13   |  FC Bayern | Wolfsburg  Schalke     |    W. Bremen      Dortmund       Karlsruhe    | Nurnberg        Gladbach      Dusseldorf
2013/14   |  FC Bayern | Leverkusen HSV         |    Schalke        Wolfsburg      Karlsruhe    | Offenbach       1860 Munchen          
2014/15   |  Leverkusen| FC Bayern  Dortmund    |    W.Bremen       Stuttgart      Schalke      | Frankfurt       Mainz  
2015/16   |  FC Bayern | Leverkusen Schalke     |    W.Bremen       Dortmund       Wolfsburg    | Bochum          Duisburg

[center][b][u][size=3]Serie A[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]----------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]-------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  Juventus  | Sampdoria    Roma       AC Milan  |   Inter         Palermo     Napoli   | Chievo          Lecce      Brescia
2011/12   |  Juventus  | AC Milan     Inter      Sampdoria |   Palermo       Napoli      Genoa    | Atalanta        Torino     Novara
2012/13   |  Napoli    | AC Milan     Fiorentina Roma      |   Juventus      Genoa       Cagliari | Bologna         Bari       Cesena
2013/14   |  Juventus  | Roma         Palermo    Genoa     |   Napoli        Fiorentina  AC Milan | Sassuolo        Triestina  Modena          
2014/15   |  Inter     | Napoli       Roma       AC Milan  |   Juventus      Udinese     Palermo  | Lecce           Brescia    Empoli 
2015/16   |  AC Milan  | Napoli       Sampdoria  Juventus  |   Genoa         Inter       Roma     | Cesena          Vicenza    Chievo 

[center][b][u][size=3]La Liga[/size][/u][/b][/center]

------------[b]Champions[/b]--------[b]Champions League[/b]-----------------------------[b]Euro Cup[/b]-------------------------------[b]Relegated[/b]----------------
2010/11   |  R. Madrid | Barcelona    At. Madrid  Athletic  |   Villareal     Sevilla     Sporting | Racing        Almeria       Osasuna
2011/12   |  Barcelona | R.Madrid     Villareal   At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Valencia    Zaragoza | Tenerife      Numancia      Xerez
2012/13   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    Valencia    At. Madrid|   Sevilla       Mallorca    Athletic | Almeria       Hercules      Levante
2013/14   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    At. Madrid  Malaga    |   Sevilla       Villareal   Valencia | Girona        Osasuna       Recreativo  
2014/15   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    At. Madrid  Sevilla   |   Malaga        Villareal   Mallorca | Racing        R. Sociedad   Betis 
2015/16   |  R.Madrid  | Barcelona    Sevilla     Villareal |   At. Madrid    Valencia    Deportivo| Recreativo    Murcia        Elche 

Roll of Honour - Cups

Champions League

2010/11: Inter e4-1 R.Madrid

2011/12: Man Utd 3-1 Barcelona

2012/13: Real Madrid 4-0 AC Milan

2013/14: Man Utd 1-0 Lyon

2014/15: R.Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

2015/16: Lyon p1-1 Chelsea

Euro Cup

2010/11: Man City 3-1 Napoli

2011/12: FC Bayern e2-1 Leverkusen

2012/13: Genoa 1-3 Palermo

2013/14: Porto 2-1 Juventus

2014/15: Liverpool p1-1 Marseille

2015/16: Man City 0-2 Arsenal

FA Cup

2010/11: Sheff Wed 1-3 Chelsea

2011/12: Man Utd e2-1 Birmingham

2012/13: Tottenham p2-2 Blackburn

2013/14: Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea

2014/15: Tottenham 3-2 Man Utd

2015/16: Liverpool 1-3 Man Utd

French Cup

2010/11: Strasbourg 1-0 Lorient

2011/12: Guingamp 2-1 Lyon

2012/13: Marseille 3-1 AS Monaco

2013/14: Marseille 1-3 Lyon

2014/15: Lyon 4-0 Caen

2015/16: Bourdeaux 3-0 Vannes

German Cup

2010/11: HSV 1-3 FC Bayern

2011/12: FC Bayern 2-1 Bochum

2012/13: Ahlen 1-3 Schalke

2013/14: HSV 1-1p Koln

2014/15: Schalke 4-1 Leverkusen

2015/16: FC Bayern 4-0 Duisburg

Italian Cup

2010/11: Napoli 1-2 Udinese

2011/12: Palermo 2-1 Lazio

2012/13: Roma 3-0 Juventus

2013/14: Cagliari 1-2 Juventus

2014/15: Napoli 2-4 Genoa

2015/16: AC Milan 1-2 Udinese

Spanish Cup

2010/11: At.Madrid 1-0 R.Madrid

2011/12: R.Madrid 3-2 Getafe

2012/13: Valencia 1-2 Osasuna

2013/14: R.Madrid 2-1 Barcelona

2014/15: Valencia 0-3 R.Madrid

2015/16: R.Madrid 2-0 Barcelona

European Championship

2012: Portugal 2-0 Holland *England failed to qualify, finishing behind Wales and Switzerland in their group.

2016: Poland 1-0 Serbia wtf??? *England do their standard early knockout stage exit by losing 2-0 to France in the 2nd Round.

World Cup

2014: Germany 0-0p Brazil *England reached the 2nd round before being knocked by Belgium 2-0

If you want any updates on specific teams don't hesitate to ask

Fantastic result!!!! You do make things interesting, I've got to say! :)

I'd love a video showing you during those playoff games... :D

Thanks, the video would just be me peeking through my hands, being almost too scared to watch. Until full time of the 2nd leg anyway.

Preseason

Media Prediction: 16th

Promotion Odds: 200-1

Expectations: Attempt to avoid relegation

Wage Budget: £6,354 (£1,269)

Wage Bill: £1,849 (£1,348)

Ticket price: £14.20 (£11.00)

Season Ticket Holders: 237 (111)

Season Ticket Price: £158.00 (£106.00)

Key: This Season (Last Season)

Only 1 youth player makes it this year:

Anders Axelsson (YP20) (DR, DC) - Report

Friendlies

Kenty 2-0 Tord

Tord 0-0 Rosengard

KB Karlsroga 0-2 Tord

Ahlafors 1-2 Tord

Ramlosa Sodra 3-1 Tord

April 2017

Swedish Cup 1st Round: FC Trollhattan 1-2 Tord

We made a meal out of what should have been an easy win against a team 2 levels below us. In the 17th min we took the lead as their defence just fell apart allowing a 3 on 1 situation in our favour, Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) unselfishly passed to Johan Bystrom (YP2) to tap into an empty net. In the 2nd half they got right back into it thanks to an own goal but in the end we were too strong for them as Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) grabbed a goal of his own to send us past the 1st round for the 1st time in 3 years.

League: Tord 1-1 Landskrona

Our debut in a new league went reasonably well I thought. We probably should have lost given the chances the opposition had but a draw is a great result against one of the better teams in the division. Ther game was quiet until they took the lead in the 50th min. As the pushed for a 2nd we attacked on the counter and managed to earn a penalty which Johan Bystrom (YP2) slotted away.

League: Degerfors 0-0 Tord

Went better than expected considering our usual away form. A draw was a fair result in the end but either team had chances to win it.

Swedish Cup 2nd Round: Varbergs BOIS 1-2 Tord

Another favourable draw for us as we get another 4th tier team. Due to there being a league match a few days after this I decided to put out a mostly 2nd string side (:cool: I can actually do that now). We started well and Lars Lundgren (YP18) capped it off with a goal. But we didn't defend well after that and quickly conceded an equaliser. Our next goal was definately worthy of winning an otherwise poor match, Fredrik Bjork (YP12) went on a 40 yard run before placing it into the top corner.

League: Tord 2-2 Trelleborg

So close to our 1st league win and we deserved it. Twice we took the lead in this match and twice we were pegged back within 10 mins. Johan Bystrom (YP2) gave us an early lead in the 8th min but they equalised 3 mins later. Then in the 82nd min Christoffer Zekria (YP17) looked to have got us the winner until Trelleborg equalised in the 90th min.

League: LB07 1-1 Tord

We really need to win these matches if we want to stay up. We had 5 clear cut chances and numerous half chances but could only take 1 of them which wasn't enough for all 3 points. They took the lead in the 58th min and it looked like it was going to be one of those days until Martin Andersson (YP19) scored from a tight angle. Played 4, drawn 4, scored 4, conceded 4, 4 points.

LeagueTableApr-34.png

May 2017

League: Tord 1-2 Sleipner

Threw away our good start, Anders Svensson (YP16) gave us the lead in the 12th min but we conceded twice in the 2nd half to earn our 1st loss of the season.

League: Orgryte 1-0 Tord

Need to get (back) to winning ways soon or we could be in serious trouble. Luck wasn't on our side for this one as it was a fairly even game which Orgryte managed to win.

League: Tord 4-1 Syrianska Kerburan

A fantastic all round performance and a thoroughly deserved win. Even more surprisingly it was 0-0 at half time and looking like an awful match. But a Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) brace soon kicked the match into life. Heinonen powered home a 3rd in the 81st min as we cruised to victory. They got 1 back almost immediately but it was too little too late. Robin Johannesson (YP15) then added a 4th in injury time just to rub it in.

Swedish Cup 3rd Round: Tord 2-0 Assyriska

An incredible result, our 1st win against a Premiership side and we deserved it. Johan Bystrom (YP2) and Fredrik Karlsson (YP8) both scored in the opening 10 mins to shock our opponents who never fully recovered. We saw out the rest of the game to make it to the 4th round for the 1st time ever.

League: Kvarnby 2-1 Tord

Very disappointing, we should be winning these but again we threw it away from a winning position. Christoffer Zekria (YP17) gave us a 1st half lead with his goal in injury time but a shocker of a 2nd half saw us concede twice and lose the game.

League: Oster 1-1 Tord

How we came away with a point i'll never know, our goal was bombarded for 90 mins yet we survived. It looked like it was going to be bad when Oster took the lead in the 3rd min but Fredrik Kalrsson (YP8) equalised in the 22nd min and from then on we hung on for dear life until the final whistle.

League: Tord 0-0 Djurgarden

A great result for us against the pre season favourites to be promoted. We didn't create any chances ourselves but we stopped them creating any.

LeagueTableMay-9.png

Not bad. Good cup run. If you only can get a few of the draws into wins now. Good luck.

I see my favourite swedish team is in the division. Häcken. Will be interesting to see how you do against them.

Great career so far \o/, read through the whole update. Sweden is by far my favourite country to play in - though last time I tried here I hit the brick wall in the second tier.

Given that the 6th and the last teams are separated by 7 points only, this year's gonna be interesting.

Archived