FM11: Official AFC Ajax thread: Let's get that third star!

waldywaldy

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing, he came in as a Bosman-signing, should show in his history in my previous post. However I did have to pay a lot (for my standards) for Sneijder and Heitinga (€ 18,5 mil. for Sneijder and € 15 mil. for heitinga)

17 games played in the league. 43 points and undefeated in Eredivisie (13 wins, 4 draws). I don't really recall any such a good start of the season in FM10. However, what disturbs me is that FC Utrecht, too, has 43 points. They've been in unstoppable form, scoring goals like hell and winning very confidently (although I won the match between us 1-0). PSV is 2 points behind us (1 game more played).

Just checked what's going on in the world - HSV leads Bundesliga and Man. City is doing so poorly that they're just 16th in Premiership. Otherwise pretty normal standings in league tables.

January transfer window is approaching. There's some interest for Teemu Tainio and Darko Bodul, so I think I'll try to sell them and make some money before their contracts will end after this season.

Just started my Ajax game, playing 11.2 patch, set myself a fairly modest target of a title challenge,

started well, turned in some impressive performances in pre season, gave Twente something of a 1-0 thrashing, i literally dominated but passed up chance after chance to make the game comfortable,

i drew PAOK in the 3rd round Champs League qualifiers, won 1-0 away and 3-1 at home so i progressed with relative ease, i have drawn Gent in the final qualifying round so Champs League football is very probable this season, by the looks of it the club could do with the income generated by Champs League football so thats something of a positive,

anyway, more to the point, i appear to be underperforming in domestic competition, to date in the league, i have drew 0-0 at home with VVV having dominated, creating several clear cut chances, i then lost to Roda JC 1-0 away, i have however managed to turn over FC Twente 3-1 at home, i was just wondering, could it be european fatigue, or maybe my tactics have fallen short, or maybe its a lack of motivation/complaceny in the lesser games/tournaments,

Signings in: Christian Benitez (2m) , Vincent Enyeama (250k) , Peter Masilela (275k) , Martin Montoya (Loan)

Sold: Timothee Atouba (350k)

I'm struggling to get the best out of Suarez & El Hamdaoui, Alderweireld also looks pretty suspect at the back, he's great on the ball but his lack of determination is a worry

Any advice or info on how you have done would be appreciated, nye

nye, when you've sold only Atouba (I did it too), you have good enough squad to challenge for the title.

I'm now in 21 games unbeaten run in the league (17 wins, 4 draws). In January I sold van der Wiel to Man. City for £10m and brought in Anthony van den Borre for £1,5m who's actually more of MC, but can fill well in DR position. I also have used Daley Blind in DR and he does well too.

Otherwise I have initial squad. Suarez is top scorer with 13 goals in league and 19 in all competitions.

Playing against Sparta Moscow in UEFA Cup 1st knockout round and have reached to Dutch Cup semi-finals.

Injuries are starting to worry me a bit, because tough matches against Feyenoord and PSV are ahead. Stekelenburg is out for 4 weeks with hernia (though, Vermeer has done well so far), Lindgren broke ankle and is out for 2-3 months.

In January Bruno Silva and Dario Cvitanich return from loan. Cvitanich is good substitution for Sulejmani on the left wing as I use Emanuelson mostly in DL position. Put him to inside forward role. Silva is decent backup to DR, well determined, creative enough and has good shooting leg.

Whatever you do, you have to keep in mind that rotation is good and you have to trust younger players from time to time, otherwise they'll never progress to 1st team player.

Anita, Blind, Bonevacia, Donald, Boilesen are all doing well for me.

Now Mido has decided to leave Ajax (pretty much as IRL) and decided to move to Galatasaray in July. I don't plan to extend contracts of Oleguer and Ooijer too (although Ooijer makes a good tutor). I already sold Bodul and Teemu Tainio, also Tom Boere left in January. But I don't plan to buy anybody. I'm eager to wait Aissati back from loan, he and Sulejmani should fill AML position perfectly.

If you need backup-rotation players, use your youngsters instead. Xandro Schenk looks really promising, I offered contract extension to Josefzsoon and Castillion, Bouy is doing also OK, Klaassen can progress into somthing of a player if given time.

I think individual focus training is the best new introduction in FM11, it really helps you to dvelop youngsters. Previously it was very annoying when otherwise good prospect had one weakness that bothered his game, now you can smooth it up a bit and you can rely on your young players more.

i'm now currently at the end of November, half way stage, i'm a point clear of AZ in the Eredivisie, still in the Dutch cup, but i'm already out of europe, Champions League group of Arsenal, Lyon & Sampdoria was always gna be a struggle, Vertonghen, Tainio, Eriksen, Mido, Anita & Enoh have been my most reliable & consistent performers, i also persuaded the board to sign Seb Blanco just before the end of the transfer window, he's been something of a revelation on the right wing, seriously tearing it up domestically, Suarez has been a major struggle for me, cant seem to get the best out of him, he has 10 goals and 5 assists but seems to drift in and out of games, any advice on how to get the best out of him would be appreciated, El Hamdaoui is also proving a major frustration aswel, Van der Wiel, Alderweireld, Emanuelson, Lodeiro & De Zeeuw have put in some indifferent performances, world class one week, then shocking the next, De Jong, Suk & Sulejmani have all really impressed me though, very useful squad players, Enyeama has been an inspired signing, currently keepin Stek on the bench, I have Hubocan & Asatiani both coming in Jan for compensation fees as i feel Ooijer just isnt up to it and defensive cover is a must, i'm also scared of loosing Vertonghen, may look into signing a new left back and someone who can really dominate the midfield, any suggestions ...

nye, player forms are always tricky to handle - Lodeiro started as attacking MC for me and gave lots of assists and performed well, then started to play worse and wors, then Siem de Jong stepped up to take his place (November-December), now in January-February it's Lodeiro again. Lodeiro is pretty much the best set piece player you've got, so if you want to get help from any goals from corners or free kicks, you have to use him.

For me Emanuelson is clearly no. 1 left-back because he can support attack better than Anita. Anita has been more error-prone, although he's better in 2nd half of the season while his attributes have developed during this 6-7 months.

El Hamdaoui for me is doing OK. He had long streak without scoring, but even then looking by stats (key passes, dribbles) he's very creative part of my attacking 3. He can do well with ball, pass and create chances for others, even if he's not scoring. I use him as lone striker in my 4-5-1 formation with "complete forward, attack" orders. I play Mido in same position too, but he's more direct player, runs less with ball and has been able to find goals in final stages of the game, after coming from bench.

Don't forget mental skill when evaluation your players. I mean, determination and how motivated they are for the games. I've found that whereas attributes change in FM every year and even with every patch, these characteristics are the same from FM10 and FM09 times. E.g. Enoh and Alderweireld are ALWAYS more likely to get complacent against weaker opponents than other players. And if you play 4-5-1, DMC is too important position to let complacency kick in. That's why I prefer De Zeeuw there, although I have to say that Enoh is doing OK too.

Suarez is doing well too, he's scored 13 goals in 23 games. Top scorer in Eredivisie. I use him as inside forward,attack at AMR position (put wide play to 'normal'). Yes, he doesn't score every game, but he tends to score when it matters the most. I just played against Roda, controlled the game well, but just couldn't score until Suarez broke dreadlock and got 2 goals in last 6 minutes.

Looks good. Just looking into all belgain players really for my Lyon team. :cool:

How much would he go for second season?

Ok ignore my post in the Lyon thread. I don't know, about £10m. Maybe a little more. He went for £9.5m 1st season in mine.

27 games played and still undefeated in the league, but as I reached March 2011 both Vertonghen and Suarez told me that they want to be sold to bigger club and I couldn't talked them out of it.

Has anybody been able to keep them around?

Sell them mate and get some others in.

Well, I've always tried to play FM Ajax game so that instead of big signings I try to find new talents whether from other Dutch clubs or from my own youth ranks.

DC and AMR positions are a bit vulnerable. I didn't plan to renew Ooijer's and Oleguer's contract, so with Vertonghen leaving it would leave me Alderweireld and Boilesen for DC pair. Xandro Schenk is young, but promising enough to provide some cover.

AMR Mitchell Donald is not quite first XI player, but perhaps I try to bring in Bacuna from Groningen (it worked out well for me in FM10).

Clinched the Eredivisie title 4 match days before the end of the season. PSV looks good for 2nd place, Utrecht is likely to claim 3rd.

Cvitanich has done some excellent performances as AML (inside forward) and scored 2 hat-tricks in one month.

Now only challenge left is Dutch Cup, semi-final is against Roda

I thought about writing few notes about Ajax youngsters and how they've performed during first season.

1) Vurnon Anita: Very solid at DL. I'd even say that equal to Emanuelson (considering match ratings). Dependable left-back. Although Emanuelson has more creativity and can help out in attacking part of the game.

2) Daley Blind: I use him at DR position and he did quite well. Although he's not very strong in any area, he hasn't got any obvious weaknesses either. Should perhaps be a bit quicker against quicker wingers.

3) Nicolai Boilesen: as DL he doesn't really match Emanuelson and Anita. As DC his main problem is heading (or lack of the skill). If you can't jump, you can't win headers and lost headers for DC means his av. ratings suffers a lot. Otherwise he's well motivated and pretty intelligent player for his age. He's individual training focus is now on "jumping" but let's see how much it helps.

4) Roly Bonevacia: has played well on DMC and progressed very fast, also because I asked Ooijer to tutor him and his determination is now already 16 in my game. He's very fast, but lacks height and heading for DMC position, but as he gets stronger, he could be good talent for Ajax. Made it to 1st team in 2nd half of the season for me, so has played just 2-3 league games.

5) Mitchell Donald: occasionally plays very well on right wing. Occasionally. His problem seems to be that sometimes he can pull off amazing performances in reserve league, but in 1st team better fullbacks can nullify him easily. Good substitution player, but seems that he lacks potential to become real first XI player.

6) Christian Eriksen: motivation is there, skill not quite yet. In my game he's overshadowed by Lodeiro and de Jong and it limits his playing time. Also, poor long shot ability is disadvantage. But I hope to use him more in coming seasons

7) Suk: I didn't think too much of him at first, but El Hamdaoui had long stretch of poor form and Suk has played well in several games for me. Not scoring too many goals, but providing good assists and playing well up front. He's very determined and FM match engine often values motivation over skills.

8) Geoffrey Castillion: has played for Ajax 2 whole season and has been excellent. Several hat-tricks, both scoring and providing goals. Seems that I have to create space for him in first team or loan him out for good team for next season. Plays better than could expect.

9) Xandro Schenk: most promising player from initial U-19 team. Not tested in first team action yet, but has trained well. Most importantly - he has all skills necessary for DC. Heading, marking, jumping, tackling all 12 or better at the age of 17. Mental skills not worse than 8-9 and raising, important ones over 10. So I believe I can give him a taste of first team football next season (at least in cup games) and let's see how he can develop.

Hey Guys

On an Ajax save, might post how im doing in the near future, still in my first season. Just got off the back of an cracking game against ze germans Bayern Munich in the group stages of the Champs Du League.

My misses didnt appreciate it so i thought i'd share with you... :D

I wont lie, Munich should of destroyed me! - But im hoping that will see us through to the knock out stages, which in that group, i'd be chuffed with :D (p.s Lodeiro as an Advanced playmaker in the AMC slot, wow!)

fcbayernvajaxinformatio.png</noscript>

Just started a multiplayer game with a friend of mine, he chose Real Madrid and I chose Ajax...my club :).

Ingame date: november 3, 2010

Notable transfers IN:

Criseteg - Inter - 1.5M

Miranda - Benfica - 2.8M

Onyewu - AC Milan - loan

Kouyate - Anderlecht - 700k

Maxwell - Barcelona - 2.4M

Notable transfers OUT:

Oleguer - Udinese - 525k

Bodul - Empoli - 325k

Zeegelaar - Villareal - 1.1M

Suk - Sevilla - 1.6M

Atouba - Werder - 400k

My starting XI:

GK - Stekelenburg

DL - Maxwell

DCL - Vertonghen

DCR - Alderweireld

DR - Van der Wiel

DM - Enoh

MCL - Eriksen / Lodeiro

MCR - De Zeeuw

AML - Emanuelson

AMR - El Hamdaoui

ST - Suarez

Squad

ajax-squad.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16723353/ajax-squad.jpg

Fixtures

ajax-fix.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16723353/ajax-fix.jpg

League table

ajax-table.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16723353/ajax-table.jpg

CL

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16723353/ajax-cl.jpg

Barca - OM 0-0

OM - Barca 0-0

I finally finished my first season and achieved double. Trashed Heerenveen 4-0 in Dutch Cup final. Eredivisie season was my best of all times of all FM games. 30 wins and 4 draws. Unbeaten for the whole season!

Only bitter drop was continental season with some unfortunate away goal defeats.

Top Scorer: Luis Suarez 21 (14 in Eredivisie)

Top av. rating: Jan Vertonghen

In Spring Vertonghen wanted out, so I made the decision and sold him to Man. City for £11m. Now, can anyone suggest me any young and talented Dutch/Belgium DC-s to bring in? I need somebody to cover up for the next season.

2nd season just took over Ajax after an absolute clean sweep with inter in first season. i will keep my same formation from Inter 4-1-2-1-2. my AMC at inter was either Sjneider/pandev/Badelj.....so at Ajax i was thinking either Eriksson or Lodiero? Who do you guys think would be best suited for that role?

2nd season just took over Ajax after an absolute clean sweep with inter in first season. i will keep my same formation from Inter 4-1-2-1-2. my AMC at inter was either Sjneider/pandev/Badelj.....so at Ajax i was thinking either Eriksson or Lodiero? Who do you guys think would be best suited for that role?

In my game I used Lodeiro as MC (attack). He provided over 20 assists in the season (incl. the ones from corners and set pieces). I have to agree that Eriksen is much more effective in AML (inside forward) role. He has good pace, but Lodeiro is better at creating chances. Perhaps in AMC Eriksen is more capable of using his pace and poor long shots are less important, but I'd still go for Lodeiro.

Anyway, considering Ajax's initial squad and number of great attacking midfielders I'd say that 4-1-2-1-2 formation is a waste of talents.

I finally finished my first season and achieved double. Trashed Heerenveen 4-0 in Dutch Cup final. Eredivisie season was my best of all times of all FM games. 30 wins and 4 draws. Unbeaten for the whole season!

Only bitter drop was continental season with some unfortunate away goal defeats.

Top Scorer: Luis Suarez 21 (14 in Eredivisie)

Top av. rating: Jan Vertonghen

In Spring Vertonghen wanted out, so I made the decision and sold him to Man. City for £11m. Now, can anyone suggest me any young and talented Dutch/Belgium DC-s to bring in? I need somebody to cover up for the next season.

Juhasz from Anderlecht. Not exactly young and not belgian/dutch either but very good.

See if you can get Boyata from City. Or even Kompany, worth a scout anyway, they might be unsettled.

In my game I used Lodeiro as MC (attack). He provided over 20 assists in the season (incl. the ones from corners and set pieces). I have to agree that Eriksen is much more effective in AML (inside forward) role. He has good pace, but Lodeiro is better at creating chances. Perhaps in AMC Eriksen is more capable of using his pace and poor long shots are less important, but I'd still go for Lodeiro.

Anyway, considering Ajax's initial squad and number of great attacking midfielders I'd say that 4-1-2-1-2 formation is a waste of talents.

thanks for this. the thing is i has so much success with this tactic i want to try and implement it into AJax too. i have started with Suarez and El Hamadoui upfront and they have looked good so far (only 2 friendlies). i will see how i go for now, but may switch to inside forward if it doesnn't work out. very frustrating that 1st season they sold Van der Wiel and the 2 best centre backs....my defence is fairly average but i have just signed Rafael Toloi.....

Preparing for 2011/12 season. As said before, sold Vertonghen to Man City for £11m.

Players leaving: Mido, Oleguer, Wielaert (came back from loan and left), Verhoeven (£325k to Juventus), Bizot, Silva (£250k to Newcastle). Sent Josefzoon and Castillion to loan. Only loan player to return to first team was Aissati.

First team looks like that this year:

GK: Stekelenburg, Vermeer

DR: Vanden Borre, Blind

DRC: Boilesen, Xandro Schenk

DLC: Alderweireld, Ooijer

DL: Emanuelson, Anita

DMC: Enoh, Bonevacia

MC: De Zeeuw, Lindgren, Bouy

MC: Lodeiro, de Jong, Eriksen

AMR: Suarez, Donald

AML: Sulejmani, Aissati, Cvitanich

ST: El Hamdaoui, Suk

There's been a lot of interest in my players. I asked £12m for de Zeeuw and £20m for Suarez and big European teams backed off, but heavy bidding in lower levels have continued for Schenk and Boilesen, there was a bid of £8,25m for Alderweireld but I declined because I can't replace him just yet. My plan is to rely on own players in the future and buy as few as possible.

Schenk is the most developed player in last season and he's played well in pre-season frendlies. Good enough to back up first team and play in cup games. Boilesen has attracted some big teams too. Other teams in Eredivisie have sold their star players (Afellay, Marcellis, Wernbloom etc.), but invested a lot to new ones. PSV for example bought Patrick Ochs (German right-back) for £6m and some Congolese DC from Monaco (who's name I don't remember) for £6m, so let's see how I can stand up for them this year.

How much transfer money did you get in second season?

I've got something around £25m, but I downgraded it to £22m to increase wage budget (it's amazing how just after you've turned down a bid for your player his agent is behind your door to ask improved contract, but realistic, though). Getting rid of the players like Mido and mostly, of course, Sno gave me some extra funds for wages anyway.

Anyway, £25m is not too much considering that during this 12 months period I've sold van der Wiel and Vertonghen for £21m total (+ other players for less amount of money) and spent only £1,5m on transfers.

But I assume because £25m looks reasonably big number on paper, so board set as my minimum expectations to win Eredivisie.

Ajax board also offered me contract extension, so I signed until 2015.

25 mil is great for a dutch team, don't forget its only the second season.

You'll get more once you go further.

I don't care much about transfer money. I play my game so that I try to rely solely on Ajax youth system and buy someone only when I really need new player from outside to fill a spot. In that case I bought Anthony Vanden Borre to fill DR position after van der Wiel left to Man. City. If I buy a player, he has to be Dutch or Belgian, young (U-21) and I don't allow myself to spend more than £2,5m on him.

That's a pretty nice challenge though. Young players act as backup, so I regularly find myself in situation where I HAVE to trust youngster because I have no-one else to step up.

In 2nd season I've promoted Xandro Schenk and Oasim Bouy to 1st team. Also I offered contract extension to Mitchell Dijks (young DC-left-back). In my game Dijks and Stefano Denswil were part of Dutch U-19 team that won U-19 Euro Championships (Dijks was the one to score from spot kick in the final extra time to bring in 1-0 victory over France).

Summer 2011 has brought some new talents to youth team, especially to AMC and AML position. I try to upload some screenshots when I'm back at home.

Just started a game as Ajax on the latest patch (11.3).

Transfers were -

IN-

Pavel Niakhaichyk - Great winger which is something the team lacks at the moment - £1.3M

Edgar Davids- Legend, I just want him around :p! - Free

OUT-

Atouba - 750K

Olegeur- 500K

Verhoeven- 230K

My team is not playing that well, what tactics or tweaks do you recommend I make?

First team is (I play with 3 AMC's)

__________El Hamadoui

_____Sulemanji_Eriksen_Lodiero

_________Enoh___Zeeuw

Anita_Vertoghen__Alderweired_V Weil

___________Stelkenberg

I realize my spelling of the players are horrible haha!

Noni, I'll paste here once again my 4-5-1 tactics that I used with Ajax initial squad. I went unbeaten for the whole first Eredivisie season with same players that you have, although I started with 11.2 database, so I had Suarez in my team. I prefer Emanuelson over Anita in DL position

1) Take standard 4-5-1

2) Change philosophy to fluid and mentality to attacking

3) Leave defensive line and DMC as it is by standard tactics - DMC are Enoh or de Zeeuw

4) Make one MC central midfielder support (ball winning midfielder support against very strong teams) and other MC central midfielder attack - CM support are de Zeeuw, Lindgren, CM attack are Lodeiro, de Jong, Eriksen

5) Make wingers attack (change role from winger to inside forward and wide play from hug touchline to normal depending on player type and footedness) - Sulejmani and Suarez are wingers with 'normal' wide play, Cvitanich and Eriksen are insider forwards with 'normal' wide play

6) Give your striker a suitable role (complete forward as my favorite, but look more of your striker attributes than overall tactics) - I use 'complete forward', attack orders for El Hamdaoui and Suk

7) Adjust players long shots rating according to their attribute

8) Tweak set pieces as you like

IM ********.

January second season, ALOT of interest in Van Der Weil and Alderweirded, so I gave them new contracts, they signed, I was happy.

Then I got bids, and they were accepted, I rubbed my eyes, and low and behold the cheeky buggers but release clauses in their contracts. Van Der Weil left for £6.5M and Alderweirded, now this one hurt, he left for just £4.5M, TO BLACKBURN? I'm in the Champions League and he left for BLACKBURN......

I bought Lugano at the start so he is partnering Vertonghen, and I have Martins Indi coming in the summer....

Noni, I don't know, but getting a draw after leading 4-1 doesn't seem like luck to me. Of course, obviously you'd take draw against Real Madrid any time if someone would have offered it before the game, but while leading 4-1 you certainly should have felt that this will be a win.

Alderweireld will be tough to keep. Bayern is lurking around him a lot in my game and I've turned down several £7-8m bids for him. I'm already wondering if the board will at some point interfere and say that bid is too good to turn down. Has anybody encountered this in Ajax save?

Another good question - have you tried to tutor Xandro Schenk? I thought about Alderweireld (they both have determination 9 and balanced vs. sporting personality IIRC). I don't want to mess these things up, so someone could answer who has tested this.

Ooijer is excellent tutor - so far Bonevacia and Boilesen have improved while working with him, but now, at age 37, his mental stats are finally starting to decrease.

Has anyone seen Davy Klaassen, Tom Boere or Jip Bartels progressing to any good striker in their games?

In the beginning of the game (11.2 database) they were all very promising strikers. Main weakness for all of them are rather low determination and intelligence. Now I'm in October 2011 and Klaassen is rated as potential 3* striker by my coaches, but attributes are not really showing it. I sold Tom Boere to Anderlecht and after scouting Belgium my scout reports him as 2,5* striker, although he's just rotting there without playing competitive games.

2011/2012 Update

To stick with my strategy of giving the youngsters a chance to progress, my only signings would be players at their peak or coming to the end of their careers. So I signed Tomas Hubschman from Shakhtar (£3.2m) and Ruud van Nistelrooy on a free. The only exception I made to this rule was when El Hamdaoui started throwing his toys out the pram and got sold on to Inter for £4.8m. I then brought in Romelu Lukaku for £6.5m.

I've spent only £10m in my two seasons so far. After selling Ebicillio and El Hamdaoui, I've brought in £7.5m too. So finances are looking good.

Competitions:

Beat Twente 2-0 in the Super Cup.

Won the league by 5 points ahead of Utrecht. PSV missed out on Europe altogether which is a bonus.

Won the Dutch Cup, beating Feynoord 2-0 in the final.

Got beaten by Bayern Munich in the 1st knockout round of the Champions League. Lost 0-1 at home and drew 2-2 away. Was winning 1-2 away but Klose scored from pretty much the halfway line. :thdn:

Beat Utrecht 3-2 in the Super Cup.

My team for this season:

Picture1-12.png

Has anyone seen Davy Klaassen, Tom Boere or Jip Bartels progressing to any good striker in their games?

In the beginning of the game (11.2 database) they were all very promising strikers. Main weakness for all of them are rather low determination and intelligence. Now I'm in October 2011 and Klaassen is rated as potential 3* striker by my coaches, but attributes are not really showing it. I sold Tom Boere to Anderlecht and after scouting Belgium my scout reports him as 2,5* striker, although he's just rotting there without playing competitive games.

Boere I sold to Anderlecht like you, with a 50% sell on.

Bartels is on loan at Almere for me, not really shone. Although the star rating is still in the 2.5/3 zone.

Klassen is there with him.

Gavin, interesting that Utrecht had an excellent season in your save too. In my save they finished 3rd, but battled for 1st place until January-February.

I loaned out Castillion (NEC, Eredivisie) and Josefzsoon (Den Bosch, Eredivisie) so they get pretty good match practice, especially Josefszoon has played regularly in first team. I'll try to loan out Bouy too - he's still not good enough for my first team, compared to players he needs to compete for first team spot (Lodeiro, Eriksen and de Jong).

I think having van der Wiel, Alderweireld and Vertonghen all still in your team, extra defender is not really necessary. I would have kept Ooijer instead - he's declining, but still good tutoring. He has tutored Bonevacia successfully and now he's tutoring Boilesen.

AMC and AML position gets a little too crowded for me. Although I don't want to let Aissati go, it's hard to find playing time (Sulejmani has been great on left wing) and Lodeiro/Eriksen/de Jong competing for 1 place is not a very healthy competition too.

Denswil is not going to make it in my game. I'm in October 2011, his contract ends in 2012 and he's not likely to earn extension. I think it's better to cash out Bartels and Klaassen too, there's not enough potential in him to be good enough for my single striker formation.

I'm using Hubschman as cover for everywhere from DM to RB Draakon, so it doesnt impede youngsters getting enough games. :thup:

I agree that Buoy improves a lot very quickly if he gets game time. Same can be said for Suk. Massively outplays his stats.

Season 3 Update

Carrying on with my youth strategy, the main players I brought through in Season 2 were Ouasim Bouy, Nicolai Boilesen, Roly Bonevacia (who I'm turning into an AM), and Florian Jozefzoon. They all played between 10 and 20 games this season and I've seen big improvements from Boilesen in particular. So much so that I could consider selling Anita if a good enough offer came in.

This season I'd like to bring through a regen AM that is rated at 4 star potential called Frank Verbeek, and striker Jip Bartels, who impressed on loan at Almere last season. I've also been trying to give games to the two young right backs at the club Sven Nieuwpoort and Henri Toimovaki but neither impressed so I've decided to buy into that position. Picking up a young, quick Brazilian called Romario.

In addition to Romario, I signed Khouma Babacar from recently relegated Fiorentina for £3m, which was too good to turn down and crates a deadly strike force with Lukaku. To create game time for those two, I sold Dario Cvitanich to Sevilla for £1.9m.

The last player to join my squad this season was actually bought in the first season, but was two young to join. Croatian AM Mateo Kovacic, who looked quite average when I bought him, has been a regular for Dynamo for two seasons and come on in leaps and bounds. He could quite easily go straight into the first team and I have a feeling he will dominate the Eredivisie this season and many to come. Time will tell.

Competitions:

Beat Utrecht 3-2 in the Super Cup.

Lost the Dutch cup quarter final 2-0 to Feyenoord.

Lost in the 1st knockout round of the Champions League to Chelsea. Beating them 2-1 at home and drawing 1-1 away before conceding 2 goals in the last ten minutes to eventually lose 4-3.

Won the League with a nice round 90 points. Beating Feyenoord 2-1 in the last game to complete my first unbeaten season on Fm. :)

My team for this season:

Picture6-2.png

My aim this season is to carry on bringing youngsters through in the league, while improving in the Champions League. The players have improved and I don't think another 1st round knockout is good enough.

What does everyone think of Kovacic?

Picture7-1.png

Kovacic seems to be a good talent, I watched him closely in my game, but Bundesliga clubs managed to snap him. I also didn't see much playing time for him in Ajax with Lodeiro and de Jong on board.

Also, there are a lot of talented AMC-s in the game, but in my tactics AMC plays in MC position with attacking orders. It means that he needs to have at least average long shot attribute. It may be overrated, but it could be very profitable. Last league game Lodeiro scored 2 goals from 20-30 meters out.

Gavin, I'm afraid that I play with 11.2 database and yours is 11.3. Hence the difference in youth players quality (Bouy, Bartels etc.). In my game Boilesen is the man. I had guts to rely on him as first team DC in 2nd season and he's doing very well, now he's 19 yo and Man City and big clubs are seriously lurking around. Another good defender seems to be Xandro Schenk. I've tried to find him some playing time in the end of the games where I lead comfortably.

The problem with Oasim Bouy is his personality. I can't find anyone from my team to tutor him and I think I need to loan him out next season to get some sort of progress there. Bartels and Klaassen have been injured a lot and it slows their progress down. Just now Klaassen received 6-7 weeks injury in reserve games.

In Summer 2011 I received 3 promising youth players from youth intake:

1) DMC/ MC called Ad Rijsdik. Good overall MC, seems to be similar type of player role that Rasmus Lindgren plays for my team (MC-support, good passing, now obvious weaknesses). Passing 13 (now 14). Got Lindgren to tutor him and raised his determination and mental attributes already in 1st month.

2) AML/AMC called Kai van den Horst. Strange kind of player, has excellent set piece attributes (19 long throws, 20 penalties) and decent pace, but lacks mental skills (creativity). Got Emanuelson to tutor him. Mainly in order to progress his teamwork. Perhaps a future squad rotation player.

3) ST called Daan van den Berg. Pacey, very ambitious player, perhaps should play as a winger? Again poor luck with creativity - just 5 as a rating.

I'll try to post some screenshots later on.

I'm in November 2011 now. Leading the league and facing FC Lorient in last CL group game. CL has been miserable for me - I lost 4 first games in the group (not bad games though, hard-fought battle 2-3 against Lorient at home, took 1-0 lead in Old Trafford, but succumbed to 1-3 loss, conceded last minute goal in 1-2 home loss against Porto). It's a very tough group too, no easy opponents.

But I managed to beat ManU at home 2-1 (injury time winner from Aissati) and now when I can win Lorient, I could scrape 3rd place and some Euro Cup football.

Leading Eredivisie by 7 points after 15 games played (13 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss), latest good win was against PSV 3-1. Attacking players are in good form, Cvitanich has scored 7, El Hamdaoui and Suarez 6 (has been injured twice already in the season), Sulejmani 5. Goals are well distributed between players.

Archived