Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waldywaldy

FM11: Official AFC Ajax thread: Let's get that third star!

The way I sold Emanuelson and El Hamdaoui for the sums I recieved was offering them for 10 and 15 million respectively, then saw what offers came in. Fazio could do a job if you wanted to sell either of those players, and it gives you time to groom a replacement. I sold Vertonghen after the 3rd season and only got 7.25 for him, I sold Suarez after season 2 and only got 10 million as both players had 1 year left on their contracts and were asking for too much money. As for a replacement for Suarez you can play Sulejmani at AMR and Eriksen at AML and win the league, Vela is usually available on loan as cover for AML and ST and I got Arnautovic initially on loan and then for 1.7 as he can play AMR and ST. Sanogo is doing wonders for me, started off a little slowly first season, after that I switched him to poacher and he's been banging them in 13 in 10 matches so far season 4.

@madmufc: Did you actually get offers close to the offering price?

I was wondering how you get players to join you after you`ve loaned them: how much money do you need to pay and do you pay the whole salary during the loan period?

about to start 4th season with ajax

so far bought vermaelen, kacar, vukojovic and neur :D, they were all transfer listed and bought under £3mil each , kacar only cost 650k.. outs steekelnburg, enoh and few other youths

how do you take a screenshot in fm ? im trying prntscreen but it wont work for some reason..

Try Alt+F9, creates a screenshot folder in your SI folder in 'my documents'

I got 7 million pounds for Emanuelson and 12 for El Hamdaoui. As for the loans I believe I paid all the wages, see what they offer you though and paid a fee of 130k for Vela, and 375k for Arnautovic. Make sure you try and get a future fee clause put in the loan, for some reason it makes it easier to sign them.

I have had defour for almost 2 seasons now (am in season 3) and he is amazing. Just beat AC Milan 6-0 in the championsleague as well.

4th season at ajax now and heres my tactic

afcajaxajaxtactics.png

and look what just came thru my youth system :)

dannymuldersprofileattr.png

scouts says hes gona be better than suarez :)

Season 2 has started for me at Ajax. I got a new deal from the club and the club was very busy on the transfer market. Some big names were sold for good prices (El Hamdaoui to Chelsea for €16.5 million, Stekelenburg to Bayern Munich for €7.5 million, Anita to Fiorentina for €3.2 million) and bought some new players (Yaya Sanogo for €6.5 million, Sergio Romero for €3 million, Vrsaljko for €2.5 million, Iturbe for €2.2 million and some youngsters).

Enoh might be off to another club as well, but I`m having difficulty buying Defour or Witsel to replace him.

Those are some nice newgens, fgh. Looks like the Ajax academy is finally producing good newgens this version.

Reekers' striker attributes (heading, finishing, composure) appear low compared to his other attributes, I thought they had fixed this issue.

I’ve just got back from a nice little jolly up in Amsterdam, and it’s inspired me to start a save with the mighty Ajax, I watch a fair old whack of Dutch football so I think I kind of know what I’m going to do (wish I could have Feyanoord’s Midfield, but hey).

One question though: What’s the craic with the Reserve team- why no fixtures? Do they play in a league that needs to be activated or what? Safe-safe peace.

Season 2 has started for me at Ajax. I got a new deal from the club and the club was very busy on the transfer market. Some big names were sold for good prices (El Hamdaoui to Chelsea for €16.5 million, Stekelenburg to Bayern Munich for €7.5 million, Anita to Fiorentina for €3.2 million) and bought some new players (Yaya Sanogo for €6.5 million, Sergio Romero for €3 million, Vrsaljko for €2.5 million, Iturbe for €2.2 million and some youngsters).

Enoh might be off to another club as well, but I`m having difficulty buying Defour or Witsel to replace him.

Get Defour, he is way better, i have them both

woow what a player mulders is been playing him upfront with suarez and hes scored 9 in 8 !! and hes only 16 ! scored 2 goals on CL against napoli too looking very promising :)

Quick question, on anyone else's save is Sulejmani learning Dutch? In my game he is in his 8th year in Dutch football and he is not even on basic in Dutch, just wanted to see if it was only me before reporting it in the bugs forum.

@Jens: I didn`t know there was something wrong with Reeker`s stats

@Helegoed: According to my scout I need to make an offer of at least €7 million for Defour, but his club refuses my offer.

@TaNeR_08: Which formation do you play with? I play with a 4-2-3-1 formation and don`t really want to switch because I like playing with Eriksen as AML and Lodeiro as AMC.

@Jens: I didn`t know there was something wrong with Reeker`s stats

If he has enough potential and if you alternate his individual focus between finishing and composure he should turn into a fine striker.

I have managed to bring Heitinga back to Ajax at the close of the transfer market at the start of the third season. At 17,5 million euros I have paid too much for him, but Everton would not let him go for less. Now all that remains are Nigel de Jong and van der Vaart, but both are not interested. De Jong's contract ends this season, as is Hunterlaars so I am hoping to pursuade them to come back.

fgh: check post 157 ive posted a screenshot there, im playin erriksen as a advanced playmaker with attack duty and hes just runs past defenders with his pace and speed although hes not very good at finishing usually gets me 20+ assists a season

fgh: check post 157 ive posted a screenshot there, im playin erriksen as a advanced playmaker with attack duty and hes just runs past defenders with his pace and speed although hes not very good at finishing usually gets me 20+ assists a season

I took a look at your formation. You`re playing with a high defense? For me, Lodeiro is doing a great job as AMC by already scoring 4 goals in 2 matches.

Maybe it`s bettter to use 2 strikers and less attacking midfielders, but I think it`s such a waste to have Eriksen and Sulejmani on the bench. Perhaps I should put Eriksen in the formation as MC???

ive sold lodeiro he wasnt doin good for me.. to this formation to work well you need to have solid wing backs and good back ups for them as they get tired really quickly. for me i have great back ups for both wing backs, urby and monzon for left side and vrsajklo and wan dar wiel for right. try to give erriksenn creative position with lots o cretive freedom.. he will run past defenders with ease

Well I've just finished my fourth season, won the league again undefeated and only drawing twice. Frustratingly I got knocked out of the Champions League by Palermo on away goals and won the Dutch Cup. I've sold Lodeiro to Liverpool as his wage demands were ridiculous, Alderweireld is off to West Ham as he felt he'd achieved all he could at the club. I have a feeling there will be more players leaving, on a poistive note I have two youngsters from the Academy working their way into the first team, a right back who is 18 and creative defensive mid who's 17 who when he came in was said to have the potential to be one of the best players of his generation. I'm about to get another crop in, I'm hoping for a center back and forward I'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Well I've just finished my fourth season, won the league again undefeated and only drawing twice. Frustratingly I got knocked out of the Champions League by Palermo on away goals and won the Dutch Cup. I've sold Lodeiro to Liverpool as his wage demands were ridiculous, Alderweireld is off to West Ham as he felt he'd achieved all he could at the club. I have a feeling there will be more players leaving, on a poistive note I have two youngsters from the Academy working their way into the first team, a right back who is 18 and creative defensive mid who's 17 who when he came in was said to have the potential to be one of the best players of his generation. I'm about to get another crop in, I'm hoping for a center back and forward I'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Can you tell me what players they are please or are they just regens?

Is anyone playing with the 4-3-3 Ajax traditional tactic with Suarez at right wing? and how good is El-hamadoui for the people that play him?

They are both regens, El Hamadoui played well for me first season 27 goals 14 assists then I sold him to Man Utd for 12 million. I played Suarez on the wing and he did well for me 37 goals first season, had him as a tweaked winger with cut inside, through balls often and cross sometimes.

27 goals, that's very good. where did you tweak Suarez and did you set him as an inside forward seeing you did cut inside and i presume u played down the right flank?

Here are my settings, Winger Attack, Mentality 4th attacking, creative freedom 3rd much, passing style mixed (right in the middle), closing down 5th whole pitch, tackling hard, run from deep often, run with ball often, long shots rarely, through balls often, cross balls sometimes, cross from mix, cross aim mix, wide play cut inside, swap position none, marking zonal, tight marking no, roam from position yes, and no hold up ball. Works well for me, good luck.

OK Thanks, would suggest making him take long shots as his technique and shooting is brilliant even if his attributes don't suggest it and do u play him left wing or right wing?

ive sold lodeiro he wasnt doin good for me.. to this formation to work well you need to have solid wing backs and good back ups for them as they get tired really quickly. for me i have great back ups for both wing backs, urby and monzon for left side and vrsajklo and wan dar wiel for right. try to give erriksenn creative position with lots o cretive freedom.. he will run past defenders with ease

Strange that Lodeiro didn`t play well in your game as AMC. He rocks on my game.

I played him mainly on the right wing with Eriksen and Sulejmani playing on the left, I'd put the focus on getting his composure up a little bit. The way I play my attacking mid and forward play a lot of through balls to the wings so composure is key when through on goal.

Well I drew Barcelona, Werder Bremen, and Udinese in the Champions League groups, can't say I was super excited to see that draw. I managed to qualify with one game to spare, bear Barca 3-1 at home, then lost to Udinese 3-1 away and Bremen 1-0 away, but managed to beat Bremen 3-0 at home and Barcelona 5-1 away, great result for me. That said Pep has left Barca to take over Spain and Ancelotti took over, not looking so great for him as they are 5h in the league and bottom of the group.

just wont the CL with ajax in my 4th season ! couldnt really believed myself! got benfica in first knockouts, then beat leverkusen at quarters and drew 3-3 at emirates on semis and beat arsenal 2-1 home and faced lyon in final.. suarez gets injured so i put on 17 yr old mulders and bang he puts 2 behind lloris in space of 5 minuets and we win the CL ! think i achieved all i can at ajax.. if opputurnity comes i will go to another team

just wont the CL with ajax in my 4th season ! couldnt really believed myself! got benfica in first knockouts, then beat leverkusen at quarters and drew 3-3 at emirates on semis and beat arsenal 2-1 home and faced lyon in final.. suarez gets injured so i put on 17 yr old mulders and bang he puts 2 behind lloris in space of 5 minuets and we win the CL ! think i achieved all i can at ajax.. if opputurnity comes i will go to another team

Nice job, mate. Do you still use the same formation without wingers you`ve posted in post 157?

I'm nearing the end of season 5 still in the Champion's League, already won the title, in the Dutch Cup final, only problem is my contract is about to expire. I was offered a new one in January or so and thought I'd signed a one year extension, I saved the game and when I came back to it it said my contract is up at the end of this season and I don't have the ask for a new contract option available to me so not sure what will happen there. Hopefully I can sign up for another year otherwise I'll have to hope I can win the Champions League and go out a hero.

dont wory they willl offer you a contract :), you will see few news on media about you leaving and after while they will offer u a new contract

I`ve played against R. Madrid using a 4-3-1-2 formation (Madrid struggles against 4-4-2). Look at the result:

4312fgh.th.jpg

ajaxrealmadrid40.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I do have problems to get constant good results. I switch a lot between formations and it`s not clear which formation is best to use to get good results all the time. Sometimes I win with a formation and then loose again using the same players.

Is it better to play with 2 strikers and 1 AMC or with 1 striker, 1 AMC and 2 wingers? I tend to go for 2 strikers now, but I have a couple of good players that can play on the wings (Sulejmani, Suarez, Eriksen).

u decide how u wanna play mate.. if u like playing with wingers go with a formation that suits ur team.

u decide how u wanna play mate.. if u like playing with wingers go with a formation that suits ur team.

But you don`t use wingers and seem to be doing really good.

I'm playing with wingers and I'm doing really well, 5 straight league titles, in the Champions League final, 9 cup wins between Dutch Cup and Super Cup. Its about finding the right way to play for your team. Wingers and a #10 as a playmaker work for me, just make sure the players have the right attributes for the positions.

yeh the reason i dont use wingers is i dont have proper wingers thats why i need wingers. plus my wingbaks joins attacks most of the time and they both get 10+ asists a season

Wow, I just won the cup with the big ears by beating Real Madrid 6-0 in the final. Had 15 shots to their 9, 53% possession and only 3 clear cut chances, one of those games where everything went right I never thought I'd win by that margin thought I might squeek it 1-0 or 2-1 but never 6-0.

So my contract was running out as said earlier, I got offered a new contract which I signed but during negotiations the take effect date was end of contract there was no immediately available to me. So my contract runs out and I leave the club, can't say I'm too thrilled by this turn of events.

Who are the best youth players in the Ajax U19? I always like bringing through youth so can people tell me which players to look out foor

So my contract was running out as said earlier, I got offered a new contract which I signed but during negotiations the take effect date was end of contract there was no immediately available to me. So my contract runs out and I leave the club, can't say I'm too thrilled by this turn of events.

very weird, do u have a backup save ?

This is a known bug. That won't make you feel any better but it will be fixed.

I`m halfway through my 2nd season and I`ve sold and bought some more players as can be seen in the screenshot below:

fmtransfersseason201120.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I do need a good striker as I need to sell Suarez at the end of the season (wants to move on and no option of a new contract). I was looking to Neymar & Paulo Henrique to partner up with Sanogo (not very good yet), but both clubs ask more than €20 million. Should I buy one of these players or is there a cheaper and better alternative?

I do have it backed up, but I don't think it will make a difference unfortunately because of the new contracts start date, I might just have to add a new manager to take over and try and find a new job with the existing manager.

I do have it backed up, but I don't think it will make a difference unfortunately because of the new contracts start date, I might just have to add a new manager to take over and try and find a new job with the existing manager.

If you have a back up you could use FMRTE to sort your Ajax contract.