Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waldywaldy

FM11: Official AFC Ajax thread: Let's get that third star!

Suarez has awful captain stats in my game. I tried to replace him, but it isn't appreciated bij most players (although my ass man said the team had problems with motivation playing under Suarez as captain). I'm curious how you solved this problem.

I removed suarez as a captain at the start, he has been unhappy since and he refuses to speak to me now, good luck there! And since suarez is unhappy lodeiro gets unhappy, so I sold him. And van der wiel has been unhappy since the start as well since he wants to move to a bigger club.

I have just started an Ajax game... wish me luck!

I wanted to get the best out of Van der Wiel and Urby so have gone with a wing back formation:

tactic.png

I will need to being in some extra central defence cover, any suggestions? I have Bruma in on loan. My only other signing has been the youngster Torric from hearts of oak.

Oleguer, Donald, Lindgren and Verhoeven have all gone

I bought DC Gale Agbossoumonde

DC mathias jorgensen

Both young and good prospects...

And for LB... in my game Bassong from newcastle was Free at the start, newcastle didnt want any money for him.

I loaned Patrick van aanholt from chelsea with a cheap auto buy fee.

any1 hatin the wage demands by urby and his agent ?? urby wants 40k a week plus 250k signing fee and his agent wants 750k !! and now his agent has me on his dislike person list ! lol , looks like i need a new left back.

any1 hatin the wage demands by urby and his agent ?? urby wants 40k a week plus 250k signing fee and his agent wants 750k !! and now his agent has me on his dislike person list ! lol , looks like i need a new left back.

Lol I sold him straight away, I did not want to pay his wages

I'm gonna start a new game with Ajax, but can anyone suggest the best formation that works really well with Ajax? any suggestions would be very helpful thanks

And van der wiel has been unhappy since the start as well since he wants to move to a bigger club.

I have the same with Vertongen who wants to join Man Utd.

I'm gonna start a new game with Ajax, but can anyone suggest the best formation that works really well with Ajax? any suggestions would be very helpful thanks

Standard 4-2-3-1 is working out great for me. Eriksen shreds through defenses as an AML inside forward and it seems to get the best out of suarz and el Hamdaoui having them switch positions between AMR and ST.

I have the same with Vertongen who wants to join Man Utd.

I cant'stress enough how crucial it is to renegotiate the contracts of all the players you intend to keep you first day on the job . I managed tokeep van der wiel, vertonghen, stekelenburg, actually the lot... Nobody unhappy and all still here halfway through second season. If you give them good contracts right from the start and make sure to reasure them immediately when they start to whine about leaving to another club, you should be able to keep em around...

Good Advice there Waldy...

I had a terrible ref here what a joke,

34dihyp.jpg

Here are my transfers so far (im in march of first season). I sold a lot of players because I felt a lot were just not good enough for me.

2dtamg.jpg

I removed suarez as a captain at the start, he has been unhappy since and he refuses to speak to me now, good luck there! And since suarez is unhappy lodeiro gets unhappy, so I sold him. And van der wiel has been unhappy since the start as well since he wants to move to a bigger club.

Lodeiro was unhappy, but after I spoke to him, he excused himself for his unprofessional behaviour and told me he likes me. Not too hard to change his mind.

any recommendations for a centreback and a leftback ? its mainly going to be a backup for urby and CB. got 10 mil to spend

Fazio is usually transfer listed at the start so you can pick him up for about 600k, good strong central defender. If you want to go for a prospect check out Gale Agbossoumonde (nicked that one off helegoed :p). For good left backs: they're kinda thinly spread. I kept Anita as back-up and he's performing reasonably well there, but for me personnaly, I'm still looking for a decent left back and are yet to fin him...

On another note I just have to show of my new newgen centre back. I had to start over my game due to some sh*tty transfer bug I encoutered at the start of my third season, needless to say i was pretty ****ed. Finding this lad in my U-19's really brightened up my day though. So without further ado I proudly present to you my favourite new younster: ROBERT BURHENNE

burhenne.jpg

burhenne2.jpg

Finaly got the game. First save of course with my beloved Ajax. Goals so far are, getting that third star on our shirt, adding a 5th europa cup 1 to the prizelist. (not limited to that I hope :p )

And I'm curious to see how long it will take to get the Eredivisie to be the greatest league around. I also want to do this in true Ajax style, the focus has to be on training youth.

I'll use a 4-3-3 (using AML/R and a DM)

First priority is on a CD and a LB.

Everyone is sniffing around Suarez, Vertonghen, de Jong, Eriksen and praising them in the media, not a single bid though.

Bryan Ruiz just went to Real Madrid for £12.25m.

I have just started my Ajax save, I'm hoping it will be very successful as they are a team I have become very fond of :)

First piece of business is bringing in Tord Grip as my head scout

I've started as Ajax as usual, but I have a question. Do the u-19 team play in a competitive league like on previous games? Because I don't see one on my game yet, but then again i'm only in early July.

I've started as Ajax as usual, but I have a question. Do the u-19 team play in a competitive league like on previous games? Because I don't see one on my game yet, but then again i'm only in early July.

Yup ther is a competetive league, on my save first game is played on the 14th of august. There's also a U-19's cup

Yup ther is a competetive league, on my save first game is played on the 14th of august. There's also a U-19's cup

Ok, thanks. Must be because I haven't played my save game much yet. How far into your game are you?

Ok, thanks. Must be because I haven't played my save game much yet. How far into your game are you?

I'm only halway my first season :-s. I had to start over after my save game became messed up at the end of the second season due to a transfer bug.

What transfer bug was that?

I signed dufour at wat I thought was the start of the seccond season. Then when I confirm he apparently had also signed a loan deal with leverkussen at the same time. So he goes on a season loan to germany, and I'm thinking I messed up, too bad, I'll sign him at the end of the season. What happened next really puzzeled me. At the end of the season his loan ends, and he signes. But instead of being on the contract I offered him his wages say N/A. Although he is on my club he doesn't have a contract, and when I offered him a new one he 'took it in consideration' but after 1,5 month he still hadn't signed.

That`s a nice youngster you have in your U19 waldywaldy. Is there a way to get reports from your U19 squad to see which players have a good potential?

That`s a nice youngster you have in your U19 waldywaldy. Is there a way to get reports from your U19 squad to see which players have a good potential?

Every player has a report tab in their profile wich states yous Ass Man's assessment of that players current and potential ability, both rated 1-5 stars compared to your best player in that positions (Wich means that a player that gets 5 star potential at a small club e.g. FC Almere City, might only get 2 or 2,5 star potential ablility when he's at Ajax for example). You can also check Assistent Report on the view menu when you're on the U-19's squad screen (or any of your squad screens for that matter) wich will show the current and potential ability of all players in that squad. Their personal reports are more detailed though and might also give away some information on hidden attributes...

Everyone is sniffing around Suarez, Vertonghen, de Jong, Eriksen and praising them in the media, not a single bid though.

Bryan Ruiz just went to Real Madrid for £12.25m.

They seem to buy either him or Dzudzsak every time around

They seem to buy either him or Dzudzsak every time around

On my game, Man Utd bought Dzudzsak for about €13 million.

Season One - Review

Dutch Super Cup

Ajax 3 - Twente 1

An easy victory and a good start to the season

Eredivise

To be honest we completely stormed the league and ended up being confirmed as champions on the 2nd of March with 7 games still to play. We finished on 87 points (P34, W28, D3, L3), 26 clear of 2nd placed PSV.

Dutch Cup

We cruised all the way to final, always drawing easy oposition and beating NAC Breda 3-1 in the final.

Champions League

In the qualifying rounds we faced Gent and Braga, disposing of them both quite easily. In the group stages we were handed a tough draw with Roma, Sevilla and Rubin Kazan. I set a target of 10 points, winning the 3 home games and stealing a draw away somewhere but we exceeded all expectations winning 5 out 6 games and losing only narrowly away to Sevilla. In the first knockout round we were drawn against Werder Bremen, in the first leg we lost away 3-1 after having two men sent off, in the home leg we pulled off an impressive 4-0 victory despite having De Jong sent off early on. In the quarter finals we drew Arsenal, who beat us 2-0 at home and despite a very respectable 2-1 win at the emirates it wasn't enough to reach the semis.

Transfers

Out

Oleguer - 925k - Birmingham City

Timothee Atouba - 350k - Kaiserslautern

Mido - 900k - AZ

In

Jordi Alba - 2.4M

Peter Masilela - 200k

Emmanue Kone - 500k

Sisi - loan

Bogdan Stancu - 1.4m

Summary

I am very happy with the season and delighted to have completed a domestic double, also the clubs performance in the champions league was fantastic and I am hoping to go even further next season. No prizes for guessing who the star man was, none other than Luis Suarez, who was smashing them in from all over the park.

Summer plans

It will be a very busy summer as I plan to have a complete overhaul of the backroom staff and if given funds I will look to improve the squad. After a big fallout Vernon Anita will be moving to Panathinaikos for 2.8M and I will also be looking to sell Sulejmani as his wages are very high. As far as targets go we are in desperate need of a right winger and the man I have my eye on is Heerenveens Roy Beerens. I have no other targets although a player that did impress me was Utrechts Ricky Van Wolfswinkel so I may look at him if he is obtainable for a decent price. My biggest challenge will be keeping hold of my star players as a lot of them have spoken of wanting to move to bigger clubs.

Hood Legend, which formation did you use for having such a great season?

I used 4-2-4, its one I downloaded from the tactics section and tweaked quite a bit but I can't remember the name of it

Started a few days ago as well;

Out:

Lindgren 3.3m

Anita 3.1m

Zeegelaar 1m

Vermeer 2.5m

Donald 800k

In:

Paolo Henrique 11.25m

Lacina Traore 3m

Wendel 2.4m

Areola 3m

Dodo 1.4m

+ a few cheap youngsters

Won 10 games in the league and drew 1. Suprisingly enough I won my first 3 CL games, Sevilla 3-1 (h), AS Roma 3-2 (h), Bursaspor 1-0 (a) so I should be able to reach the next round. Playing 4-3-1-2 with Henrique as AMC and Hamdaoui and Suarez up front. Midfield; Zeeuw, Eriksen (he's gonna be class in FM11), De jong (I dont rate him irl but he's better ingame). Will update more later.

Fantaman's Ajax Challenge

My challenge for FM 2011is to win the league in every major country in Europe with a team who hasn't won it in the last five years. So Ajax was the first leg of my managerial journey. Next will be Atletico Madrid in Spain, Milan in Italy, Liverpool in England, Lille in France, Dortmund in Germany and Sporting in Portugal.

First season

I find it very difficult to buy and sell players in the first transfer window which is lucky, because I love a good old-fashioned squad overhaul, however I believe to win titles in your first season you need squad harmony so I kept my changes minimal. The first job was ensuring all the big guns committed for another year and were happy - the last thing I needed was Suarez etc throwing their toys out of the pram and upsetting the harmony. A few new contracts and private chats sorted that and we were off.

My choice of formation is an attacking 4-2-3-1 and initially Suarez was the sole front man but struggled for goals alone up top. If your front man doesn't get the ball, then he's doing nothing, so I deployed him wide right with instructions to cut inside whenever possible and shoot. That was key, because he finished the season as top scorer with a bagful of assists.

My first choice formation was:

..............................Skekelenburg.........................

Van der Wiel..Vertonghen..Alderweireld...Emanuelson

......................De Zeeuw...De Jong..............................

.........Suarez..............Lodeiro............Sulejmani

.............................El Hamdaoui............................

There's not a lot of cover at CB so I loaned in Boyata from Man City, plus Kiko and Nieto to cover the flanks. My only purchase was DeFederico for 5.75m.

Friendlies

I drew the first friendly but then went on a nice run giving all the players a chance to 'impress me'. I won the final five scoring 14 conceding 3 and we bagged our first trophy - the 'friendly cup' whatever that is. The new tactic was gelling nicely.

Competitions

We beat FC Twente 3-0 in the Super Cup which helped give all the players that nice feeling of winning.

In the CL, our first qualifying game was a very tough match with Celtic. We had a few unfit players going into the first game and lost 3-2. However the home return was incredible as we thumped them 5-1. Our final CL qualifier was against Unirea and we beat them 3-1 on aggregate where we were always in control.

The league was fairly straight forward. We were always in contention and, because of the CL, we were always 2 or 3 games behind the rest but as soon as that was out of the way we hit the top and stayed there finishing as champions six points clear of Groningen with a record of W23 D6 L 5 G 77 C 30. We had to constantly reshuffle the pack due to the other comps otherwise I think we could have won by a bigger margin.

Our CL group was a nightmare as we drew Real Madrid and Manchester United. Along with Salszburg. We drew our first three games - 1-1 Salzburg (A), 0-0 Madrid (H) 0-0 Man Utd (H) I led the against Salzburg and Manchester but they scored late. We then lost 1-0 at Old Trafford, beat Salzburg 4-1 at home and lost 4-1 at Madrid with half my team out injured. It was disappointing in what was a tough group and I admit we were naive attacking too much instead of counter attacking. The two late goals cost us going through. But we entered the Europa League and lost our first knockout game against Getafe, I never liked the Europa league so played the reserves.

We reached the Dutch Cup easily but lost 1-0 to AZ.

Players

Halfway through the season Anita became first choice at LB. Standout players were Skekelenburg, Vertonghen, De Zeeuw Suarez, Lodeiro, Sulejmani.

Lodeiro finished 15 goals, 12 assists in 29 games. Eriksen was incredible coming off the bench with 12 assists.

Season Two

Out: Mido, Oleguer, all the loan returnees.

In: Lukaku (4m), Barzagli, Gamberini, Rosicky all free. Medini (250k)

Suarez, Der Wiel, Vertonghen all keep saying they want to leave, I accept their request but get no bids and they seem happy. But given Suarez does this two or three times a season, I demoted him as captain and chose De Zeeuw which was a very popular choice.

So far this season:

2nd in the league after 9 games on 21 points (W6 D3 L0 G 21 C6) to FC Twente who have 20 points so looking good.

Won the Super Cup 3-1 against AZ.

Drew Madrid (Again!) Sparta and Shakhtar in the Champions League. Have played three games – 1-1 Sparta (A), 1-0 Shakhtar (A), 0-0 Madrid (H) so looking good with 5 points and still have Shakhtar and Sparta at home so two wins and we should be in the knockout. We have to amend our game for Europe to curb our attacking instincts.

Overall

Very happy with the Ajax challenge, I think after this season I will move on. The formation is very consistent and the tactic is stable, no crazy losses that come from nowhere, if we lose it’s usually very close. It’s just finding a system that gets the best out of the players you have that’s key. Keeping a superb/good moral is key to getting results too.

Sorry I typed so long, but I’ve been playing this for hours on end and had to come up for air and tell someone!

Just smashed Shakhtar 4-1 at home. Looking good on 8 points, a win int he next game against Sparta and we're in the promised land!

Fantaman's Ajax Challenge

My challenge for FM 2011is to win the league in every major country in Europe with a team who hasn't won it in the last five years. So Ajax was the first leg of my managerial journey. Next will be Atletico Madrid in Spain, Milan in Italy, Liverpool in England, Lille in France, Dortmund in Germany and Sporting in Portugal.

First season

I find it very difficult to buy and sell players in the first transfer window which is lucky, because I love a good old-fashioned squad overhaul, however I believe to win titles in your first season you need squad harmony so I kept my changes minimal. The first job was ensuring all the big guns committed for another year and were happy - the last thing I needed was Suarez etc throwing their toys out of the pram and upsetting the harmony. A few new contracts and private chats sorted that and we were off.

My choice of formation is an attacking 4-2-3-1 and initially Suarez was the sole front man but struggled for goals alone up top. If your front man doesn't get the ball, then he's doing nothing, so I deployed him wide right with instructions to cut inside whenever possible and shoot. That was key, because he finished the season as top scorer with a bagful of assists.

My first choice formation was:

..............................Skekelenburg.........................

Van der Wiel..Vertonghen..Alderweireld...Emanuelson

......................De Zeeuw...De Jong..............................

.........Suarez..............Lodeiro............Sulejmani

.............................El Hamdaoui............................

There's not a lot of cover at CB so I loaned in Boyata from Man City, plus Kiko and Nieto to cover the flanks. My only purchase was DeFederico for 5.75m.

Friendlies

I drew the first friendly but then went on a nice run giving all the players a chance to 'impress me'. I won the final five scoring 14 conceding 3 and we bagged our first trophy - the 'friendly cup' whatever that is. The new tactic was gelling nicely.

Competitions

We beat FC Twente 3-0 in the Super Cup which helped give all the players that nice feeling of winning.

In the CL, our first qualifying game was a very tough match with Celtic. We had a few unfit players going into the first game and lost 3-2. However the home return was incredible as we thumped them 5-1. Our final CL qualifier was against Unirea and we beat them 3-1 on aggregate where we were always in control.

The league was fairly straight forward. We were always in contention and, because of the CL, we were always 2 or 3 games behind the rest but as soon as that was out of the way we hit the top and stayed there finishing as champions six points clear of Groningen with a record of W23 D6 L 5 G 77 C 30. We had to constantly reshuffle the pack due to the other comps otherwise I think we could have won by a bigger margin.

Our CL group was a nightmare as we drew Real Madrid and Manchester United. Along with Salszburg. We drew our first three games - 1-1 Salzburg (A), 0-0 Madrid (H) 0-0 Man Utd (H) I led the against Salzburg and Manchester but they scored late. We then lost 1-0 at Old Trafford, beat Salzburg 4-1 at home and lost 4-1 at Madrid with half my team out injured. It was disappointing in what was a tough group and I admit we were naive attacking too much instead of counter attacking. The two late goals cost us going through. But we entered the Europa League and lost our first knockout game against Getafe, I never liked the Europa league so played the reserves.

We reached the Dutch Cup easily but lost 1-0 to AZ.

Players

Halfway through the season Anita became first choice at LB. Standout players were Skekelenburg, Vertonghen, De Zeeuw Suarez, Lodeiro, Sulejmani.

Lodeiro finished 15 goals, 12 assists in 29 games. Eriksen was incredible coming off the bench with 12 assists.

Season Two

Out: Mido, Oleguer, all the loan returnees.

In: Lukaku (4m), Barzagli, Gamberini, Rosicky all free. Medini (250k)

Suarez, Der Wiel, Vertonghen all keep saying they want to leave, I accept their request but get no bids and they seem happy. But given Suarez does this two or three times a season, I demoted him as captain and chose De Zeeuw which was a very popular choice.

So far this season:

2nd in the league after 9 games on 21 points (W6 D3 L0 G 21 C6) to FC Twente who have 20 points so looking good.

Won the Super Cup 3-1 against AZ.

Drew Madrid (Again!) Sparta and Shakhtar in the Champions League. Have played three games – 1-1 Sparta (A), 1-0 Shakhtar (A), 0-0 Madrid (H) so looking good with 5 points and still have Shakhtar and Sparta at home so two wins and we should be in the knockout. We have to amend our game for Europe to curb our attacking instincts.

Overall

Very happy with the Ajax challenge, I think after this season I will move on. The formation is very consistent and the tactic is stable, no crazy losses that come from nowhere, if we lose it’s usually very close. It’s just finding a system that gets the best out of the players you have that’s key. Keeping a superb/good moral is key to getting results too.

Sorry I typed so long, but I’ve been playing this for hours on end and had to come up for air and tell someone!

Well done. How did DeFederico do for you? Did you play him up front or on the wings?

I beat Sparta 3-0 at home. Madrid top with 11, Ajax second with 10 points and qualified. We're now 4 points clear in the league with 2 games in hand.

DeFederico played wide right for the games I rested Suarez or had to play him up top because of injuries. In 29 games (loads off the bench on 70mins) he scored 2 assisted 4. So disappointing. I've had a couple of average clubs sniff around him which tells you he's not a big player which is a shame as hoped for more.

Lukaku has bagged 12 in 12. What a monster. Lodeiro, 9 games, 2 goals, 5 assists. He's brilliant for me.

I use Eriksen as AMC and he`s doing great for me.

Eriksen is quality but Lodeiro is tearing it up in AM so can't drop him. I've retrained Eriksen as a AML also because of his speed and he's cutting in from the left.

After 17 games, we're 6 points clear with a game in hand. 17 played, 12 wins, 5 draws. 35 scored, 0 losses. 12 conceded. We're scoring a little less but conceding less which is good. Drawn Arsenal in the Champions League.

Eriksen is a competent player as a AML, but if you retrain him as a AML, will he become better?

Eriksen is a competent player as a AML, but if you retrain him as a AML, will he become better?

Can go all the way up to accomplished but wil never become natural

Are you sure about that. It is possible these days if the player has the right hidden stats.

Knocked of the Champions League by Arsenal, losing both legs 1-0. It's promising that we're closing the gap on the bigger and better teams.

We won the league again...nine points clear of PSV. P 34, W 24, D 8, L 2, Scored 71, conceded 23. What's pleasing is we tightened at the back without sacrificing our attacking threat.

Disappointed to lose two games, but fatigue caught up with us. We also wont the cup beating PSV on penalties. It was 0-0 at full-time, they score on 110mins but we hit overload and snatched a goal on 118mins.

Still deciding whether to carry on or move to Spain for the next leg of my challenge.

Tactic is very stable, again no crazy results or silly periods of form loss. FM 2010 was so annoying when you got to the last 12-15 games and the team collapsed, not this team. Not sure if it's because we have a strong side in comparison to the rest of the league. What's good about Ajax is the team is so young, you can stay win the league 5/6 years in a row before having to change it much.

Are you sure about that. It is possible these days if the player has the right hidden stats.

I was pretty sure, but ill do some asking around.

This isn't true, any player can become natural in any position given enough time.

I`ve only played 2 league games and already players are wanted by other teams. Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Anita, Van der Wiel, de Zeeuw, Eriksen, Suarez and Suk are all being targeted by other clubs.

Just ended my first season , won the league and the dutch cup. I made it past the group stages of championsleague but then got knocked out by bayern munich. Lots of my players are wanted by other clubs now as well.

This isn't true, any player can become natural in any position given enough time.

I guess i was wrong :) It is possible (just happened to eriksen on my game he is now a natural AML as well. But I dont think it can happen to any player in any position. It's probably got a lot to do with hidden stats, versatility being the most importent one. Also I think the age of the player might have something to do with it. But then again I'm just speculating here :)

waldywaldy, were your players quickly wanted by other clubs in the first season? If so, what did you do with those players?

waldywaldy, were your players quickly wanted by other clubs in the first season? If so, what did you do with those players?

I renegotiated new contracts with pretty much all my key players first day on the job. I get an occasional player that is wanted and wants to move to a bigger club, but up till now (I'm at he end of my first season and did 2 seasons my first game) I managed to talk them out of it by telling them 'I believe the club can grow and I want them to be a part of it'. So far all has gone my way and nobody's unhappy yet (It costs me a smaal fortune in wages and sign-on fees but I feel I can't buy the same quality if I sell my key players, plus I've got this weird tick where I want to have most of my team comming from the country I manage in). Also I always set reasonably high asking prices for all my key players wich prevents a lot of bids.

Check my squad end of first season (won Erediviesie clear by 10 points, won Dutch Cup beating FC Utrecht 2-1 in the final and managed to outlive the group stage in a group with Milaan and Benfica onlt to be kicked out of the last 16 by Lyon). As you can see a couple of players wanted by other clubs but all key players are still here and happy!

ajax1.jpg

ajax2r.jpg

Doing well so far, in 24 matches scored 74 while only conceding 21. I brought in Galeano for 5 million, also bought Dodo for 1.3, Badelj for 3.5, and Fofana for 300k. I sold Lindgren for 6.35, Atouba for 350k, and Oleguer for 625k. Won the super cup, top of the league and second in my CL group behind Arsenal but have a plucky tie with Shaktar away that will decide if I go through. I've been playing a 4-2-3-1 like Fantaman that I used to great results on FM10. I will be looking into bringing another right winger in either in January or the summer as cover for Suarez, I'm training Sulejmani there as well but I'd like a youngster to develop in case I have to sell Suarez and I don't think Donald will quite make the grade.