FM11: Official AFC Ajax thread: Let's get that third star!

waldywaldy

john1, that's not a new thing. Ajax have always sold their key players. Most recently Emanuelson and Suarez. In recent years there have been several different managers, hence the different transfer policy. For example Sulejmani was bought from Heerenveen for £13,5 and hasn't truly justified this price tag yet. He claimed consistent first team place just last season.

Believing in their own youth system has always been key to Ajax and that's the case now, too. Ebecilio, Özbiliz, Eriksen made a breakthrough last year and Ajax was able to win the title despite letting Emanuelson and Suarez go in January. Several others made a big improvements as a footballers (Siem de Jong, for example). A few young talents were brought into the squad too (Toivomäki, Lukoki). I regard De Zeeuw as only significant loss for them, but I hope Janssen can fill that gap.

Now, if you take a look at Ajax squad, there are a lot of players who are younger than 21. Even established first team players like Vertonghen, van der Wiel, Alderweireld, de Jong, Anita, Blind, Sulejmani are just in their early 20s. They've got a huge potential and buying established older players for big bucks will take away playing time from them.

I agree with you in terms of Champions League competition. This tournament prefers experience over youth and few older internationals would certainly help, but I understand that Ajax's board management are realistic and repeating 95's success is not their target this season.

Some time ago Ajax formulated a long term strategy for youth development and also set their aim to win Eredivisie at least in every other year. I feel current actions in transfer market are made according to this strategy.

I like the policy myself but it must be frustrating for a supporter that when these youth products reach a certain age and fulfil their potential they are likely to be sold off. Lukoki is regarded as a potential to be a quality player but his stats don't look amazing tbh for a player of his age, it looks fairly decent. I just think that if they did not sell on thse players they would be a major European force. Having looked at the U19s, Bouy looks very promising. No much about him? Toivomaki looks fairly decent aswell.

It sounds like I am creating a stepping-stone team in some ways as well as I am getting Lucas Moura when he turns 18, one of the best talents in the game however in 2-3 years he will turn world-class and have a lot of interest in him, from what I have seen in my last saves. Once he gains that potential at my club I am probably going to sell him if I can get a fee over £15m then I will prob see how Lukoki is developing and promote him in the team or look at other young Dutch talents.

As a fan do you agree with the club policy and is this the way you prefer?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I don't disagree much, as I see that Ajax today haven't got much chance to compete for Champions League win. However, from time to time it happens that Ajax can breed almost a full team of potential stars into one team at a specific moment and then when these players are sold I feel that they could have that chance, if given one more season together. Last time I had this feeling when Ajax had Stekelenburg, Heitinga, Vermaelen, Emanuelson, Vertonghen, Sneijder, Huntelaar etc. This bunch could have achieved something.

As a fan do you agree with the club policy and is this the way you prefer?

I agree with the club policy. Like if you look at Arsenal and look at amount of players that came through the youth and developed well, like Wilshere. Like at Ajax, I'm using youngsters to train them into world class and possible sell them if they can reach their potential.

Today I don't disagree much, as I see that Ajax today haven't got much chance to compete for Champions League win. However, from time to time it happens that Ajax can breed almost a full team of potential stars into one team at a specific moment and then when these players are sold I feel that they could have that chance, if given one more season together. Last time I had this feeling when Ajax had Stekelenburg, Heitinga, Vermaelen, Emanuelson, Vertonghen, Sneijder, Huntelaar etc. This bunch could have achieved something.

I completely agree.

Going to try and finish the season tonight :)

Got knocked out by Porto on away goals :( Drew 2-2 at home. Not happy at all, we missed a lot of CCC. Bakambu really disappointed me.

End of the season review.

GIRUU.png

Disappointed with Porto loss. Feynoord result, was 1-0 down until Bakambu scored in 86th minutes and won 4-3 on penalties.

Wvwk4.png

Player stats

3rl4z.png

TFetO.png

Transfers: pre signed Romario from Vitora for 300K and will join the club in January 2012. I doubt I'm going to spend on new players next season.

September 2011

Ajax - FC Utrecht (H) 1:0 - fairly boring game. Although media predicted us an easy win, I was doubtful, because Utrecht have a great squad (van Wolfswinkel, Mertens, Vorm etc.) and I anticipated a nervous game. It was a poor game, probably boring to watch for fans, as both teams defended well and although we created a bit better chances, it started to look as a goalless draw. I subbed El Hamdaoui for Suk and sent Ebecilio on the right wing to replace Josefzoon and on 86th minute it brought success - Suk's through ball found Ebecilio spurting behind Utrecht's defensive line and confidently finishing off his chance. First league goal for Ajax in his debut game! I fully give myself credit for right substitutions for thi victory.

Ebecilio has found a good form, next game was Ajax 2 Dutch Cup fixture against amateur Sparta Nijkerk. Sparta took 1-0 lead in first half with unexpected goal from long shot and my players had troubles breaking their defense. Until I brought in Ebecilio again, who equalized on 87th minute and then scored a winning goal in extra time. Two great performances from young winger.

Good result against FC Utrecht :thup: Tough team to beat. Ebecilio had a good season for me, scored handful of goals.

My objective for next season: Promote more youngsters into the team, Get to Q-Final in CL, Win the league.

Talking about Utrecht, I am trying to get Mertens but because we are rivals hardly any of their players take an interest in joining me, quite annoying and something FM needs to work on. Ebecillo looks promising, but I believe you should have a look at Lucas Moura, his release clause is £6.75m and in a year time or so will probably be the best player in your team.

BTW, what do you FM managers set your Centre Backs mentality and creative freedom as? Unsure what to do.

Talking about Utrecht, I am trying to get Mertens but because we are rivals hardly any of their players take an interest in joining me, quite annoying and something FM needs to work on. Ebecillo looks promising, but I believe you should have a look at Lucas Moura, his release clause is £6.75m and in a year time or so will probably be the best player in your team

It's a no brainier to see someone not interested in joining you especially the clubs are rivals. Funny that, I was looking at his thread this morning, But who needs him when you got Eriksen and Lodeiro ;) I might take a look at Lucas but he probably got snapped up by top clubs right now.

I would never pay £6,75m for any player.

My goals for this season:

1) fight for Eredivisie title (cold be achievable, as I started with 6 wins in a row while PSV and Twente have lost cheap points against weaker teams).

2) try to reach playoff rounds in ECC. I've got tough group (Chelsea, Roma, Salzburg), but after magnificent 4-0 home win against Roma I feel I have at least a small chance.

3) give younger player more chances in Dutch Cup. Although regarded highly by board, I don't think it's too important competition.

4) create young team strong enough so that I could easily allow Atouba, Oleguer, Tainio and Ooijer to leave without losing in team depth

It's a no brainier to see someone not interested in joining you especially the clubs are rivals. Funny that, I was looking at his thread this morning, But who needs him when you got Eriksen and Lodeiro ;) I might take a look at Lucas but he probably got snapped up by top clubs right now.

Good point, that is whyI have decided to sell Lindrgen and @draakon £6.75m is cheap for a player whose value will prob triple in 2-3 seasons. What season are you both in?

Any tips on what slider I should set Vertonghen or Alderweild's mentality as?

I would never pay £6,75m for any player.

My goals for this season:

1) fight for Eredivisie title (cold be achievable, as I started with 6 wins in a row while PSV and Twente have lost cheap points against weaker teams).

2) try to reach playoff rounds in ECC. I've got tough group (Chelsea, Roma, Salzburg), but after magnificent 4-0 home win against Roma I feel I have at least a small chance.

3) give younger player more chances in Dutch Cup. Although regarded highly by board, I don't think it's too important competition.

4) create young team strong enough so that I could easily allow Atouba, Oleguer, Tainio and Ooijer to leave without losing in team depth

You wouldn't? Even if X got huge potential? How much would you spend on one player? Like your goals for this season :thup: I think Ajax got good depth in the team, I rested a couples players and played like Rits, Bouy, Sneijder, Sigþórsson and Bizot and won our last game of the season against RKC, 3-0.

I'm hoping to see good regens coming through Ajax youth, I normally gets one good one and rest below par.

Good point, that is whyI have decided to sell Lindrgen and @draakon £6.75m is cheap for a player whose value will prob triple in 2-3 seasons. What season are you both in?

Any tips on what slider I should set Vertonghen or Alderweild's mentality as?

I have just finished my first season :) Good point about value. I think you can get around 10-15M + profit on him.

I use tactic creator so I guess I'd play both of them fairly defensive slider but it's entirely up to you.

h3Fiq.png

pcvQn.png

The 2-0 loss I was playing my youth. First game, I played my first team and rest of friendlies I played my reserves/youth.

Transfers

9MWd8.png

Been given 9.5M to spend and I don't think I'll spend a lot of it. Enoh and Aissati are on their way out.

Enoh are in talks with numerous of clubs. and Aissati in talks with Freiburg after I accepted 6M. He refusing to sign new contract with us so I had no other option but to sell.

Promoted Ozbiliz as Aissati's replacement.

EDIT: Enoh gone to Bordeaux for 3.3M and Aissati gone to Freiburg as well.

More transfers news.

w64hY.png

Brought this guy in on. 700K loan fee. back up to AMC. Eriksen is out for a week and Lodeiro out for 5 weeks after he got injured at Copa America. Might bring him on permanent deal depends on how well he did.

Sold Theo Janssen to Xerez for 5.25M

Might look at signing some AML. Any suggestions?

Danny Blind's contract is coming to the end at end of the season, I'm thinking about letting him go and bring in Tony Coton :thup: Shall I stick with him?

CPYz7.png

First 3 games I had to play Bizot in goal as Stekelenburg picked up virus and sent home. Played with 5-1 thrashing over Feyenoord.

O7EbE.png

Surprised to see Feyenoord bottom :|

Lucas or even Yassine El Ghannasy of Gent you may want to have a look at and I would stick with Danny Blind and Kawaga is a very good buy, he ripped it up in the Bundesliga on my last save

Lucas is at Lokomotiv Moscow. I doubt they will sell him. Kawaga is already on fire atm. 2 goals from 3 games :o

I also sold Vertonghen to Lyon for 6m and Boilesen and Amorebieta are number 1 partnership in defence :) Both perform well together.

EDIT: Is there a shocked/surprised emotions?

qn0Az.png

Brought him in for 2.5M. I decided to sign him to add more competitions in midfielders.

18wMQ.png

His report

Bd3JW.png

Again, the same reason above. Sagnol rated him 4 stars on his potential.

Got 10M left to spend, Currently looking to bring in William le Pogam from Lyon U's 19. Hopefully he'll be my last signing until January or June (depending on whos on free transfers) Will look at couple players as well.

Lyon wants 6M for Le Pogam. Managed to negotiated it down to 5M :)

EDIT: Decided not to sign him in the end.

g8DuJ.png

Definitely group of death for me :(

First game - away to Barcelona. I don't think I'll get further than group stages this year :(

Woow, that group is very harsh, don't give up on second though, you managed to get to the quarters last year, believe!

Btw, I believe you should of hold out more money for Vertonghen.

IRL, Stekelenburg is off to Roma, if I manage Ajax in FM12, signing a new keeper will be my top priority

IRL Ajax received only around €6m+clauses for Stekelenburg, which is a cheap price for a keeper of his class. But I think it had to do with a fact that his contract is about to end next Summer and he didn't want to extend. Congratulations to Roma.

Actually, I believe Vermeer is not that bad either. He was a lot worse than Stekelenburg in FM10, but in FM11 he's way better and is definitely one of the leading Eredivisie keepers.

IRL Vermeer has played very well when Stekelenburg has been injured.

Woow, that group is very harsh, don't give up on second though, you managed to get to the quarters last year, believe!

Btw, I believe you should of hold out more money for Vertonghen.

IRL, Stekelenburg is off to Roma, if I manage Ajax in FM12, signing a new keeper will be my top priority

Yeah, I was holding out for 10M but nobody came close and Lyon was the only club to make a offer. I know I can believe :p

IRL Ajax received only around €6m+clauses for Stekelenburg, which is a cheap price for a keeper of his class. But I think it had to do with a fact that his contract is about to end next Summer and he didn't want to extend. Congratulations to Roma.

Actually, I believe Vermeer is not that bad either. He was a lot worse than Stekelenburg in FM10, but in FM11 he's way better and is definitely one of the leading Eredivisie keepers.

IRL Vermeer has played very well when Stekelenburg has been injured.

Very cheap. I thought They might get little bit more than 6M (Whatever priced they agreed) I think they'll probably play Vermmer as number 1 keeper and bring in someone as back up.

John

Good start to the season there, you're 3rd but 2 games in hand which is good! :) also great result against Shacktar, can't believe AZ are bottom and Feyenoord are near bottom, but I guess it is competitive :)

Thanks.Yes, it's good for me :p Yeah, good result but need to start winning other games. AZ are in turmoil right now, AZ manager are on verge of getting the sack. The league is very competitive, anyone can win the league :p Currently got 82M in the bank.

First draw of the season - against FC Twente 1:1. To be honest, their goal came out of nowhere and I feel we should have won, but I didn't want to risk and didn't attack too much. 8 games played, 7 wins and a draw.

r6sSU.png

So unlucky to lose to Juventus and Barca :( I had a goal disallowed against Juventus in last minutes afterwards Amuari scored the winner. We had chances to beat Barca but poor defending cost us in the end, Digne got sent off for tripping Messi up in the box. Pleased with Baston as he came off the bench to score 2 goals against them :D All we can do is get a draw to guarantee a Europa League against Shakhtar. I'm 3 points clear of them.

In the league I'm quite happy with the way we done in November month.

J6Sxz.png

Still October 2010. Got an easy 3-1 win against Roda and hard fought 0-0 draw against Chelsea. Well, they had way superior team, but I didn't give them any CCC-s and their attack dried up. Their squad looks terrific though, injury-free and Torres with them in 11.3 database.

As we're about to hit the winter break.

7MBIw.png

Absolutely raged at FC Groningein result. Matavz handballed it before he scored. Lost my cool in press conference and they went silent on it. Rested most of the first team against FC Dordrecht.

5PmKT.png

Champions League table

ztFOH.png

God knows what would have been if I won all my home games.

Europa League - Will play Man City in 1st Knockout Round. first leg at home.

The board increased my transfer budget from 2.5M to 10.75M to spend. We're sky high on our wages budget (Budget: 725K, spending 225K on wages) I'm tempted to blow the lot on Alexis Sanchez ;)

I was playing on an updated DB and won the league 2 years running, and made the CL KO rounds once, I wanted to play an abstract formation and had a Libero, WBL and WBR and it didn't work too well and I rotted some players

So starting again with no transfer budget first season and plan on playing a 3-4-3 or some sort of variant.

I was playing on an updated DB and won the league 2 years running, and made the CL KO rounds once, I wanted to play an abstract formation and had a Libero, WBL and WBR and it didn't work too well and I rotted some players

So starting again with no transfer budget first season and plan on playing a 3-4-3 or some sort of variant.

Good luck :D Just started playing my Ajax save again :) Will do January month update soon.

john1, De Luca looks very promising, his height is only weakness.

From my save: October 2011 has been inconsistent. At first I suffered the first defeat in the league and against... VVV Venlo. Didn't expect that. Then came 1-1 draw against Groningen, which perhaps wasn't too bad. Then 0-0 against PSV (away) which is again the result that could have been worse. Then 1-1 against Vitesse, which was a true disappointment. For this time I haven't won in last 4 league games and then came away fixture against Heerenveen, where I managed to grab 1-0 win.

Right wing has caused some problems, because neither Josefzoon or Ebecilio are not quite ready to perform consistently at Eredivisie level. I tried Aras Özbiliz on right wing against Heerenveen and he scored his first goal for Ajax to give us important 3 points. Of course he got injured later in the game and will be out for next 3 weeks.

Fortunately all main competitors have lost points too, PSV is struggling in bottom half of the table, Feyenoord, Twente and Alkmaar look strongest at the moment.

Meanwhile, in CL I travelled to London to meet Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Told my lads that pressure is off and came back with... 2-0 win. Lodeiro made a game for us, superb assist and goal from him. Chelsea had 4 CCC-s, but couldn't capitalize, Torres, Malouda, Essien all had terrible howlers, I think I've never had more luck in FM than in this game :p

But that means I've collected 10 points from 4 games and have a good chance to progress to playoff round.

john1, De Luca looks very promising, his height is only weakness.

From my save: October 2011 has been inconsistent. At first I suffered the first defeat in the league and against... VVV Venlo. Didn't expect that. Then came 1-1 draw against Groningen, which perhaps wasn't too bad. Then 0-0 against PSV (away) which is again the result that could have been worse. Then 1-1 against Vitesse, which was a true disappointment. For this time I haven't won in last 4 league games and then came away fixture against Heerenveen, where I managed to grab 1-0 win.

Right wing has caused some problems, because neither Josefzoon or Ebecilio are not quite ready to perform consistently at Eredivisie level. I tried Aras Özbiliz on right wing against Heerenveen and he scored his first goal for Ajax to give us important 3 points. Of course he got injured later in the game and will be out for next 3 weeks.

Fortunately all main competitors have lost points too, PSV is struggling in bottom half of the table, Feyenoord, Twente and Alkmaar look strongest at the moment.

Meanwhile, in CL I travelled to London to meet Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Told my lads that pressure is off and came back with... 2-0 win. Lodeiro made a game for us, superb assist and goal from him. Chelsea had 4 CCC-s, but couldn't capitalize, Torres, Malouda, Essien all had terrible howlers, I think I've never had more luck in FM than in this game :p

But that means I've collected 10 points from 4 games and have a good chance to progress to playoff round.

Good win over Chelsea :thup: I played Ebecilio on right wing and done very well and is banging important goals in at the moment.

Thanks to Stekelenburg's clanger, we dropped 2 points against Feyenoord away, dropped the ball on 82nd minutes for them to equalised.

Currently on 36 games unbeaten.

Thinking about bringing in new keeper for next season. Any suggestions?

Hey, things happen. Against VVV I lost 0-2, first goal came from Stekelenburg mistake (went for the cross from corner, but misjudged), second came from penalty, after Oleguer elbowed opponent in our box. Red card and penalty. Well... I forgave to Stekelenburg, but fined Oleguer 1 week wages and dropped him to reserves until his contract runs to end in 2011.

I'm playing a 3-4-3 possession based tactic I made just now.

CB/C BPCB/S CB/C

Wide Mid/Auto DLP/S APM/A Wide Mid/Auto

CS/A CS/S CS/A

It's worked well, had a bout 60% possession in a 1-0 win against Porto, and did well versus Inter in pre-season. Will utilize most of my players, the mid striker drops deep a bit to get possession and play it thru, and I'm retraining pretty much all my AMCs to STs for this, looks like Aissati will be the starter there.

Only thing is the wide mids look way more defensive even though my tactic is listed as attacking. I have VDW starting and rotating Ebicilio, Sureno, and a few others if need be. Anita on the left with Blind, Ozlzlzzl (forget his name :D), Boerrighter, and a couple others. I'm excited.

I finally found out about custom DBs so I loaded players from the nationalities of South Africa, South Korea, U.S.A. and Lithuania, as well as I think all of Oceania.

Hey, things happen. Against VVV I lost 0-2, first goal came from Stekelenburg mistake (went for the cross from corner, but misjudged), second came from penalty, after Oleguer elbowed opponent in our box. Red card and penalty. Well... I forgave to Stekelenburg, but fined Oleguer 1 week wages and dropped him to reserves until his contract runs to end in 2011.

That's so harsh to drop him in the reserves until his contract finish :D

I'm playing a 3-4-3 possession based tactic I made just now.

CB/C BPCB/S CB/C

Wide Mid/Auto DLP/S APM/A Wide Mid/Auto

CS/A CS/S CS/A

It's worked well, had a bout 60% possession in a 1-0 win against Porto, and did well versus Inter in pre-season. Will utilize most of my players, the mid striker drops deep a bit to get possession and play it thru, and I'm retraining pretty much all my AMCs to STs for this, looks like Aissati will be the starter there.

Only thing is the wide mids look way more defensive even though my tactic is listed as attacking. I have VDW starting and rotating Ebicilio, Sureno, and a few others if need be. Anita on the left with Blind, Ozlzlzzl (forget his name :D), Boerrighter, and a couple others. I'm excited.

I finally found out about custom DBs so I loaded players from the nationalities of South Africa, South Korea, U.S.A. and Lithuania, as well as I think all of Oceania.

Sounds good :thup: I think you shouldn't convert AMC to ST tbf, their talent will go to the waste.

Just fired up my ajax save :D Just beat PSV at home, 3-1 :D

Decided against to sign Kagawa in the end.

Sounds good :thup: I think you shouldn't convert AMC to ST tbf, their talent will go to the waste.

Just fired up my ajax save :D Just beat PSV at home, 3-1 :D

Decided against to sign Kagawa in the end.

You're right...I should move the mid striker to an AMC so he can play facing the goal rather than dropping deep and having to turn around to run at defenders..

You're right...I should move the mid striker to an AMC so he can play facing the goal rather than dropping deep and having to turn around to run at defenders..

I would play the AMC as Treq.

I got 6 games left ( 5 in the league, 1 in Beker Cup)

Completed my second season at Ajax, Also went unbeaten.

6wnBZ.png

Disappointed with Heerenveen draw at home.

League Table

9dRm6.png

Player stats

dbOKu.png

q0gSL.png

Looking to bring in AML, defender and goalkeeper for next season. Also the club is debt free.

Hi all, I've been playing with Ajax for a while now. In the 3rd season at the moment. Here are some images:

First season table:

http://imageshack.us/f/199/20112012.png/

Second season table:

http://imageshack.us/f/199/20112012.png/

Third season table (december):

http://imageshack.us/f/194/20122013.png/

Tactic & players:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/formationb.png/

Some key players, apart from the usual suspects:

Benitez (ST)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/benitezb.png/

Kara (MC)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/karaz.png/

Vanden Borre (DR)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/vandenborre.png/

Dhlamini (talented South African MC)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/dhlamini.png/

First season was tough. Barely kept my job, I'm sure winning the Cup helped. Second season was decent, third season is going great. Really enjoying watching my team play.

I'm under the whole "anyone can be sold" tree, and have shipped off players on my terms. Bids came in for I think VDW, Aissati, De jong, and a few others.

I shipped them for either their price + 50% next sale or 200% their value.

Brought in Anyudor? the Russian RB on a free in Jan, and Vrsklajo to back him up unfortunately both CL tied...which reminds me I beat Inter in first KO round. Won 2-1 at home, and came storming back from 2-0 down to draw 3-3 away. Drew Arsenal. About 26-5-1 in league, and just made it into the Dutch Cup final.

So after narrowly losing the away leg of the QF 1-0 to Arsenal and a wrongfully disallowed goal, I took a 2-0 lead in the home leg. I was thoroughly surprised, and it was hard earned. I went on to win 4-0 and was estatic. El Hamdoui scored from beyond the halfway line it was absolutely amazing!

I've drawn Barca in the SF..3 days after the Dutch Cup Final.

Archived