Football Manager 2011 - Hit Or Miss ????????

Football Manager 2011 - Hit or Miss ????????  

429 members have voted

1. 1. Football Manager 2011 - Hit or Miss ????????

• Hit
    • Miss
    • Too early to comment
    • Haven't bought the game yet

In the past, I have always bought FM when the game releases but due to real life circumstances last year, I did not have time to pick up FM 2010 until some time in the middle of this year. It was a rather refreshing experience, playing an FM game fully patched up right off the bat.

However, when I got news of FM 2011's impending release a while back, I had honestly not felt any hesitation in waiting for the 11.3 patch to be delivered before buying FM 11 at that time. Reading about agents and the improved player interaction, coupled with the anticipation of certain improvements and tweaks to the match engine, got me chomping at the bit whilst waiting for the demo to arrive.

Alas, the demo crippled my enthusiasm when after playing it some, I was quickly irritated by the quirks of player interactions, things like players getting oddly devastated at being shifted to the Reserves squad when they stand absolutely no chance of being in the First Team in real life (Emilio Martinez of Arsenal, this has been documented quite a lot on the forums I know), players tossing their dummies out of the pram when being assigned a world-class tutor (Lansbury rejecting Cesc as a tutor, seriously?). Hence, I decided to simply wait for the game to be released and read the first impressions of others before making my purchase.

Thus, it is rather disappointing for me to read of a lot more oddities being experienced by others. Granted, a lot are not what you would classify as 'game-breaking bugs', but experiencing them can only take away from the immersion factor which I personally feel is important to me enjoying my game. The yellow cards situation in Spanish leagues, the TV mode widgets constantly switching between home and away, the inadequencies of the player interaction resulting in one seeing an awful lot of "I had better walk away before I say something I regret", stuff like these are pushing me further and further away from the "Add to Cart" button unfortunately.

I know FM 11 will be a certain hit once it is polished up more, and seeing as my FM 10 purchase had been rather recent and my current save on that is getting to that exciting time where the majority of players are now newgens instead of real world ones, I guess I will hold back on buying FM 11 till at least after the Christmas patch.

------------------------------------------------------

TLDR version: Haven't bought the game yet. :D

yeah i recommend waitin till after the january transfer patch every year

widgets constantly switching between home and away,

There are no switching widgets. Home is Home and away is away. Everything works fine for 99% of the players (only the few people who keep ratings open just for the own team the whole time are moaning because they have to change it when they play away/home- which needs about one second time). I find it ridiculous how people keep waiting for a patch because of such irrelevant minor issues. Same with French bug, just because 3 of 100.000 players are missing a few friendlies just before the first season some people call the game unplayable.

I really like some of the new things implemented in this version. Asking the board for extra money to be made available and being told by the board that they trust you in the market and thus getting a little more money is a feature I like. I also like how your responses to the board change the out come - I recently asked the board to sign a player for me they said that they had given me more than enough money I then said he would really add something to the squad - they went out and bought him. Whereas if I had said I think you are wrong they wouldn't have signed him for me!

Not even a Question really, Its a hit, You pay between £25 - £30 for a game that will gives you thousands of hours, If anyone thinks FM is a miss then that means every game is a miss, 99% of games have some kind of bug, But atleast SI will fix the bugs we report, Other games never get patches to fix the bugs / glitches, So huge massive hit for me :-)

Not even a Question really, Its a hit, You pay between £25 - £30 for a game that will gives you thousands of hours, If anyone thinks FM is a miss then that means every game is a miss, 99% of games have some kind of bug, But atleast SI will fix the bugs we report, Other games never get patches to fix the bugs / glitches, So huge massive hit for me :-)

This.

I am loving the game.

Though it does seem a tad too easy.

There are no switching widgets. Home is Home and away is away. Everything works fine for 99% of the players (only the few people who keep ratings open just for the own team the whole time are moaning because they have to change it when they play away/home- which needs about one second time). I find it ridiculous how people keep waiting for a patch because of such irrelevant minor issues. Same with French bug, just because 3 of 100.000 players are missing a few friendlies just before the first season some people call the game unplayable.

I am one of those few people who always have my team's motivation, team rating and formation widgets open. I cannot entertain the idea of me having to keep manually ticking the selection to show the right team's widgets every single time my team changes from home to away and vice versa. It's the same thing as the squad view customisation that was lost going from FM 10 to FM 11. You have got to customise the squad view every time you look into another club's squad view screen, whereas in the past your team's customised squad view screen get carried forth when you view those of other clubs.

These little things definitely do not break the game, but it is not unreasonable for some of us to feel bothered by them as they do indeed detract from the enjoyment of the game. Nothing wrong for people wanting to wait for fixes and patches to get their FM 11 experience off to a more perfect start.

Don't know really if I should laugh or cry with your comment. Your comment only shows how very wrong you are. I for one voted not buying the game and very inclined to a Miss. It is not due to bugs and all of that (many users can vouch for that), but not having the time or the patience of playing such over complicated, focus on boring stuff and certain graphics looking so much a game of 90's type of game. I play a lot of games. I have PC that Is game rig and can play FM11 with a leg on its back.

I liked FM when they where simply pick-up and play the game. Now you need to have a lot of free time, play regularly and micromanage a lot of stuff, which for me makes the game simply boring.

Also I firm believe this is no longer the FM\CM that I fell in love and play endless hours with it, why because was simple game to understand and to play. Now you need a PHD in Football Manager to even to play the game and I feel there is now a thousand ways to fail and only one to succeed.

Then there is your comment, that shows how little you know about the game industry. I don't deny that EA has the wrong to treat their costumers, but I remember a few times about two years ago that some mods and Si personel treated people not the correct way (aside of their helps with users with issues) who some tried to gave proper criticism. Also I play about 5 to 10 games a years of different spectrum and developed by different studios and in the last 5 years all of them patch their games.

The only difference between you and me, is that I'm actually glad that people are enjoying the game, when I am not. While you (and others) can't understand there is people who don't enjoy it and prefer old games due to many different reasons.

How about some more understanding that there is people that voted a miss and most of them will never buy FM11?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this year loads of bugs in the game

Looks like this year loads of bugs in the game

no where near as many as previous years, there have only really been two major bugs one of which has already been fixed and as for the transfer issue its been largely exaggerated. Its still a bad problem but not as bad as many people claim.

The games definently a hit.

it is a MISS

- All kind of interaction goes wrong..., ALWAYS NEGATIVE

- this leads to unhappiness and ridiculous transfers

it's like all the players and staff in FM11 are about the explode...

well 5 weeks to go for the next patch

Archived