Ruben De La Red retires aged 25!

Though it would be worth a mention as i just saw it on various sports news outlets. He will be staying at Real Madrid in a coaching capacity. Really sad as he was a top player and always one i'd look out for in Football Manager!

Yeah i think its because he has an heart condition, he was thinking about quitting before last season started as well but think he tried his best to get back but sadly its all come to an end in his playing career i would wish him good luck in the coaching side of things though always looks a class act on FM not seen much in real life though but i'm sure he was class.

It was a mystery heart condition. He collapsed in a Copa Del Rey tie a couple of seasons back. Spent last season on the sidelines as i heard that his doctors had recommended he have a year out of the game while they continue to assess him. Seems he's been warned off coming back. As i said, it's sad for a player that made it into Spain's Euro 2008 squad cause ya don't get into that team without having something about you! But i wish him well for his coaching career, ya never know it could be the making of a top manager!

Archived