FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Leça Futebol Clube

Season 2012/13

Pre-Season

Transfers

The board cut the budget down to £2.2k so I had to trim the squad, released all of the youth team because none were promising at all, and sold a few first team players, released 28 in total, and signed 5 players for the first team.

Friendlies

We played 4 won 1 and lost 3 but the team still looking good and I believe we can do well this season, atleast in the top half.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ouch, rough season there Jordann. You'll want to keep hold of Dani (assuming it's the same Dani as in my save) as he's been a fantastic player for me.

Yeah got him signed up to a longer contract but he's injured quite a lot, so far the 2nd season isn't going well either!

Leça Futebol Clube

Season Review 2012/2013

League

Media Prediction - 5th

Actual Position - 3rd

Well this was a great season, I had agreed with the board to gain a respectable finish in the league and over performed by quite a bit. Very disappointed to have missed out on promotion on the last day of the season, however the team went an incredible 12 games unbeaten, and I have found my strike partnership! Looking forward to next season, just need a couple of players and reckon we can get promotion! As well as this I have managed to get a few players become coaches!

Statistics

2nd half of fixtures

Key Players

Dani

Dani's Injuries

Evandro Brandao

Ben

Tiago Silva

Tiago Silva and Ben were both different class this season! Ben finished top scorer in the league and Tiago Silva was fans player of the year.

Future Plans

Hopefully next season the team can challenge again for promotion, and possibly finish top!

I feel with a few signings it will be possible

Leça Futebol Clube

Season Review 2013/2014

Pre-Season

Had a very successful pre-season winning 7 out of 12 games, needed to play so many games to try and help the club financially, but gave me the chance to get a good look at trialists, took quite a lot of trialists on.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Season Review

Media Expectations - 4th

Season Result - 2nd

Transfers

League Table

League and Cup Fixtures 1

League and Cup Fixtures 2

After last season I hoped to achieve similar results if not better, however the board got in the way slightly by giving me a budget cut down to 1.9K, quite ridiculous but managed to have a very successful season considering this! We had a great cup run and got to the quarter-finals, only club outside the premier league in that round, sadly we got beat 3-1 by Academica and had to try for league success.

Key Players

Tiago Silva

Dani

Betinho

Ben

Rui Bento

This guy was different class, second top goalscorer and he is a cb couldn't really believe it!

Future Plans

Next season I want promotion, and minimum a close promotion battle! Think I need to sign a couple of defenders and the team will be ready.

150px-Atletico_Clube_Marinhense.png

Atlético Clube Marinhense - Portuguese Second Division (Central) - 2011/2012

Manager info

Media Prediction: 11th

Final Position: 3rd

Portuguese Cup: 6th round

Top scorer: Diego Fernandez - 23 goals

Average attendance: 549

Finances

Transfers

It would have been very easy to come into Marinhense and have a chop and change of the entire squad, yet the team I was left with was fairly decent. I brought only a few players to compliment the ones I had here and decided to stick with a standard route 4-4-2 formation. I wasn't really beset by injuries this season but those I did have tended to be very serious ones to my front-line which disrupted my attacking momentum. As you can see from the league table, I scored a lot of goals but conceded a hell of a lot too. A typical game would have seen my fight back from 2-0 down only to then throw away the lead. Clearly, I need to re-tweak this as I'm conceding far too many goals.

After the first 10 games I was in the hunt of promotion but never seriously threatened at any stage, falling away after Christmas and watching Mafra run away at the top. A small run of form around March helped me consolidate a good position in the league but it was my spectacular form in the Portuguese Cup which left an indelible mark for the season, incredibly reaching the 6th round (i.e. quarter-finals.) I knocked out Premier Division side Vitoria Setubal and had backs to the wall time against Varzim before gallantly going against Naval, against whom I really should have done better, allowing them to win it despite being down to ten men. I also recorded my highest ever win by destroying fourth division Maria da Fonte. :cool:

Overall, given how little I changed the squad over the course of the season, I did reasonably well and now I must start to mould this side in my image and hope I can have a repeat next season. The board have incredibly actually demanded a higher finish from last season yet reduced the wage bill structure at the club, mainly due to the fact that we are about 50k or so in the red.

Key players:

Pedro Mendes - Classy right winger who was an ever present throughout the season and who was a vital assist maker. However now approaching the wrong side of 30 it will be interesting to see if he can maintain that form for next season.

Diego Fernandez - The Uruguayan hit man was here already when I came into the club and ended up being the league's top scorer. He hit 23 goals in all competitions but is prone to bouts of complete laziness despite being able to conjure up absolute magic. He is my Berbatov and will require another good haul if I am to improve next season.

Cesar Indio - Also a player who was at the club before my arrival. Being the tallest man in my back-line, I picked him out on occasion at FK's and corners and he rewarded me with 12 goals. Not bad for a right-back.

Pedro Rodrigues - An ever present last season, very young and hopefully will form the future of my backline in this division.

Next season's goals:

• Remove the deadwood.
  • Finish 3rd or higher again.

===============================================================================================================
Year               Division                     Final Position        Taça de Portugal        Taça da Liga
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012          Segunda Divisão (Centro)        3rd                  6th round                 n/a            

Atlético Clube Marinhense - Portuguese Second Division (Central) - 2012/2013

Media Prediction: 4th

Final Position: 1st (promoted!!)

Portuguese Cup: 1st round

Top scorer: Diego Fernandez - 15 goals

Average attendance: 677

Finances

Transfers

I expected something good, but not quite as good as this! A great season all round but it really was squeaky bum time at the end. I started off in immense fashion, a 4-0 and 4-1 win and I was top after 15 games and soon opened up a 11 point gap at the top. It seemed like nothing could stop me. A lot of this was the non-distraction of the Portuguese Cup. After last season's heroics I went out in a thriller to fellow second division side Faes but thankfully the board weren't that upset mainly due to a highly dubious winner. -.-

Despite this lead in the league, by the final 5 matches of the season, I almost contrived to allow Tourizense back in it who had a great run of 8 straight wins. In the end, it went down to the final game of the season, and a 3-1 away win against Real SC just edged me home in the end. The league table tells its own story as we were really only the two sides capable of promotion.

But this was nothing compared to the promotion playoff. After a grueling 1-0 defeat to Maritimo B, which I felt I should have got a point from I went into the next game knowing a home win was crucial. It wasn't to be and a 2-1 home loss to Moreiriense had give every a kick in the teeth. It seemed I had come unstuck for promotion despite the league win. But never write off Marinhense. :cool:

A quick change of tactics, and a nice firing up of all my players saw me prevail in an epic 3-2 win which put me pack in the race. Because I had lost to Moreiriense in my previous game, the situation was simple. I had to win to seal promotion. What followed was a complete destruction. I had dominated the game for large spells and thoroughly deserved it. I had done it. Not pretty but I sneaked through in the end. Lost two won two. Maritimo also clinched the final spot with a home win against Moreiriense who missed out on promotion once again.

Promotion playoff

Boo-ya....! :thup:

Next season isn't going to be tough. But hopefully if I go professional (maybe?) and can bring in some decent players I can survive. For now its just about survival and staying in the division and building up some cash via the league and league cup. The squad I have now is decent enough for the second division but will probably get found out by those in the higher divisions, so its time to a have shake down of the entire squad and release a few players.

Key players:

Claudino - An absolute beast at the back for me.

Diego Fernandez - due to injury he played less games but was still in top goalscoring form.

Claudio Indio - Once again hit 10 goals from set-pieces.

Nacho Quirino - I brought in Quirino last season and he was slightly shadowed by Fernandez but with a loss of form and injury to his fellow Uruguayan, it was important for him to shine - he did so, grabbing me some crucial goals.

Rui Montero - Montero was an unusual one. He wasn't the greatest all season, primarily because he had to fill in at LB which was a worry all season, yet he still ended up being a constant all season.

Joao Valente - On loan from my parent club Leira, hoping I can land him in the summer.

Vagner - I found Vagner in January after my then first choice managed to injure himself over the winter break. His form earned him a starting place for the remainder of the season.

Next season's goals:

• Stay up beyond all expectation
  • Rebuild the squad

===============================================================================================================
Year               Division                     Final Position        Taça de Portugal        Taça da Liga
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012          Segunda Divisão (Centro)        3rd                  6th round                 n/a            
2012/2013          Segunda Divisão (Centro)        1st                  1st round                 n/a            

Congrats on the promotion :D Reminds me quite a bit of my path out of the 2DN. Not the easiest league to get out of.

Indeed. You can storm your league but then stuff it up in those 4 matches. Thank God my players got me there in the end. I think its the hardest part of managing in Portugal, getting out of that Second Division. Now its just a straight 2 up 2 down system. Let's hope I can stay up this season.

Just need to sort my squad out now. I'm keeping around 7 to 8 of the side that took me up, the rest are leaving.

Hi Guys!

Hope everyone's well and still going strong with FM. For those that remember me (!), I've obviously barely been around for FM11. Its only over the last couple of weeks I've been playing it for the first time really! Awful really but real life has most definitely taken hold of my FM time :(

Anyway, just thought I'd show my face. For those wondering I'm doing a Gundo style challenge with CSM Slatina in Romania. Not doing it as intensely as years gone by - hence no posts or screenshots. Its very casual gaming at the moment. If I do find more time going forward, I'm sure I'll be back in here.

Adios!

Hi Guys!

Hope everyone's well and still going strong with FM. For those that remember me (!), I've obviously barely been around for FM11. Its only over the last couple of weeks I've been playing it for the first time really! Awful really but real life has most definitely taken hold of my FM time :(

Anyway, just thought I'd show my face. For those wondering I'm doing a Gundo style challenge with CSM Slatina in Romania. Not doing it as intensely as years gone by - hence no posts or screenshots. Its very casual gaming at the moment. If I do find more time going forward, I'm sure I'll be back in here.

Adios!

Ah, come on Iacovone. Make some FM time!

An FMCU thread maybe? It's the very least we deserve. :p

iacovone, you know your home is here!! i'm finding it a little harder to get into a save so far this year. not really found 'the' save for this thread.

so much so in fact, that i am trying ANOTHER save in here now...

Oh Rlips with the normal new team, and a bit of a mystery...so it has to be someone with a history, probably previous top league history, and also some great achievements, and good facilities.

My Preseason update is about to come...

So as i have just mentioned, i have abandoned my little jaunt into Germany and i have returned to the country that i would probably call my 'home'... Italy. Showing how well LLR knows my games, let's just say that my new team does have some previous top league history, good facilities and some ok achievements... What LLR also failed to mention that i have had my best games with teams in places with water. and this is no exception. My team?

you'll have to wait for the introduction. ;)

ACR_Messina.png

A.C.R. Messina

An Introduction

Associazione Calcio Rinascita Messina are from Messina (obviously), located on the island of Sicily. A.C.R. Messina were founded in 1900 afterAlfredo Marangolo returned to Sicily in August 1900 from studying in London, England. The team in it’s various guises have spent most of their history in the lower leagues of italian football but have played in Serie A in a couple of periods, in the 1960s and in the 2000s, where their highest finish was 7th in 2004-05. The club went bankrupt in July 2008 due to financial irregularites, common place in Italy, and they were relegated to Serie D.

Messina play their home games at the Stadio San Filippo which was opened in 2004. the capacity of the ground is just over 40,000.

So, why Messina? Well I had a shortlist of 3 clubs to manage – Messina, Perugia and an old friend in Venezia. Venezia was very tempting dur to my FM10 game, but I always feel that managers shouldn’t go back to clubs so Venezia were ruled out. That left Perugia and Messina. I was sorely tempted to go with Perugia given their colourful history but ultimately it came down to the fact that they play in red and I’m not overly keen on managing ‘red’ clubs! :D That left Messina and here I am.

I take over a club with a chairman who is willing to listen to offers. I have never had this in games I have played previously so it’ll be interesting to see how that goes. The club had absolutely no staff so I have had to build my own backroom team. The players are, with the exception of a couple, rubbish so I am going to have to completely overhaul the squad. The chairman wants a play-off place so the pressure is on, and the bookies fancy us too. I have the princely sum of £40k to spend and just over 10k in wages, so I have some room to play.

Here’s hoping that the Giallorossi can quickly climb the leagues and that I can take the club to their greatest ever finish in Serie A. A rich tycoon taking over the club would be nice too! ;)

Welcome Back (Kinda) Iacovone, I have also had real trouble settling with a game this year and have migrated back to my 'home' (Portugal), hope you can find your way back here at some point.

Good Luck with Messina Rlips, I had a little play with them earlier on, but only about half a season in...

hoping to get a bit further with my game as them!

Well I am 1/3rd of the way through 2014/15 with Penalva Castelo (Of course this is only my 2nd season with them) after 1 1/2 seasons with Machico who just managed to defeat us 1-0 for their third victory over us in the league.

Uh oh - I started this challenges ages ago, but have not posted updates in moths though I've played the save every now and then... :o

. . .

I'm thinking about a new game in Portugal, but, as it seems to always be with me, the clubs that I would like to manage the most have practically zero chance of being promoted. That is why I ask if it is absolutely essential that one must manage a club that was unmanageable at the beginning of the game. I mean, is it allowed to take over a club that was relegated after the first season from, say Portuguese Second Division, to an unplayble level and then subsequently after the next season promoted again to the aforementioned Portuguese Second Division?

Or perhaps I should just go to the career updates forum instead. Formulating some sort of reports of my progress seems to keep my saves alive longer. :)

I'm thinking about a new game in Portugal, but, as it seems to always be with me, the clubs that I would like to manage the most have practically zero chance of being promoted. That is why I ask if it is absolutely essential that one must manage a club that was unmanageable at the beginning of the game. I mean, is it allowed to take over a club that was relegated after the first season from, say Portuguese Second Division, to an unplayble level and then subsequently after the next season promoted again to the aforementioned Portuguese Second Division?

I don't have a problem with this, as they are still newly promoted into the bottom division, though technically not valid for the challenge. Do others have any thoughts? I take for example you mean 2010/11 AD Fafe gets relegated, then 2011/12 spend time in Third Division, and appear in the 2DN on 29th June 2012?

Congrats Jordann, well I was in a rut with Penalva so I have moved to Spain, and holidayed two seasons instead of one as I look for a new club, and I have picked the home club of one David Villa...as I head to Langreo in Northern Spain.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN6I7BSheDO8kzlnxArdf-4f0kOwhlFZIV1rr3gwYC3mEl7UAjJA

So part of the challenge will be to find the next David Villa, our biggest rivals are Tuilla (Villa's actual hometown club, we were the first club he played for though), we are also not far from Oviedo, Real Oviedo being famous for both this challenge and also for having said Villa was "Too Short"

I am hoping too, was just getting bogged down by the Board's insistence that I stay below the ridiculous 2k wage budget, of course my star player was on 500, so that meant I had 1500 to fill the rest of the squad, and then they wondered why we were struggling to improve...But I am liking this new board even though I am over wage budget again, this time it is a lot easier to get out of, and my team seems to be coming together.

that's good to hear. is the dream to get David Villa back to the club at some stage in some capacity, be it player or coach?

That is something very tempting, not sure how likely it is given that our biggest rivals are listed as one of his favourite clubs even though he played for us and never for them. I would also like to find the next big Spanish Superstar.

hey guys, just saw this thread, i didnot know about this thread, i wonder if anyone is still reading, either way, i have recently started this exact challenge on my own and played about 4 seasons already, setting all look right and the team i picked was the weakest team in lowest Italian league, so i think i will continue playing that, since i am still to get out of the lowest league and start posting updates here. should be fun

I don't have a problem with this, as they are still newly promoted into the bottom division, though technically not valid for the challenge. Do others have any thoughts? I take for example you mean 2010/11 AD Fafe gets relegated, then 2011/12 spend time in Third Division, and appear in the 2DN on 29th June 2012?

Yes, the Fafe scenario you describe is exactly what I meant.

I have lots of things to do, but I'm addicted to FM. Have to see if I have time for FM. :(

BTW, has anyone played as Queen's Park? Will they eventually go pro (even if it would be unrealistic) if you manage to get them to the Premier League?

I see the club is once again amateur at the game start date. In the past few FM's when Queen's Park have been amateur they have stayed amateur no matter the level they play in, and when they have been semi-pro they have gone profs once they have reached the Premier League.

BTW, has anyone played as Queen's Park? Will they eventually go pro (even if it would be unrealistic) if you manage to get them to the Premier League?

I see the club is once again amateur at the game start date. In the past few FM's when Queen's Park have been amateur they have stayed amateur no matter the level they play in

Pretty sure that's still the case. :thup:

Yeah, there was a thread I saw some months back on GD where someone was complaining that the fact they stayed amateur was unrealistic lol. They were promptly told why they were an idiot.

@D-Bus - For the purposes of this challenge, the team you pick have to have been unplayable for the previous in-game season (excepting odd promotion/relegation rules), and you can't start in the first season. As long as what you're doing fits that criteria, then welcome to the challenge :D

150px-VfB_Lubeck.png

just been looking few the post impressed by a lot of you guys so here My Starting profile., Decided to Holiday in Germany. got VfB Lübeck.this was theSquad When i Took over. looked quite good for third division team, the media tipped us to finish in 17th place.

End of Season Report 2011-2012

League Table

League Graph there is not one forgot to get screen shot.

in the league we played really good considering that this was our first year in the division.

Squad quite pleased here with the standard of fitness in 3.budesliga was good.

Transfersa few players were brought in to bolster the squad, but none of them were really major signings.

Key Player Profiles

Marcos Álvarez bought in from Bayern Munich and payed off top scorer.

Tim Hofmann Fans Player ~of the Year he was class

Oliver Lauxguy bought in from TuS Koblenz.

Best XI

Career Overview

Season     Team                   Country    League                   League Finish    
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   VfB Lübeck               Germany   3.Bundesliga               10th

Finances

well im quite impressed at how much cash that we have going on bit free fall but hopefully i can sort that out.

Next Season.

this season aims simple try and match or do better than last season ive told the board and i would like a parent team to help with the cash lets see if i get one.

hey dj clark boy, good luck with the team

not bad players, however 4k wage is pretty high for a club like that, you might lose too much cash in process =)

everyone else, guys, its my first time, i cant figure out how to see just the teams that were promoted instead of going to each one of them, history and looking in there which takes a long time

Hey D-Bus, generally what I do is go into the league table, select the first club on promotion day, go to the League History page, select last positions or something, then use the quick flicks (Arrows by club logo) to go through the whole league any with no history are newly promoted.

Atlético Clube Marinhense - Portuguese Liga de Honra - 2013/2014

Media Prediction: 16th

Final Position: 10th

Portuguese Cup: 2nd round

Bwin Cup: 1st round

Top scorer: Ito & Nacho Quirino - 7 goals

Average attendance: 2563

Club value: 180k

Finances - awful as ever.

Transfers - no budget as ever.

This season, I achieved all my objectives and did so quite comfortably. It was something of a very lonely season however. After going out in the cups early on and then having nothing to play for in the league, the entire season fizzled out. There are many positives and many negatives to take from this season. The club moved from semi-professional to professional yet has seen no real dramatic increase in my wage structure or scouting. I decided to bolster my midfield with a few risky signings and with the exception Ito, a player moved from left-back into left-midfield - none were of note. In fact it was very unremarkable season. Half my players are aging and are not good enough for Honra football, and the ones I want to bring to the club are demanding ridiculous wages. Currently we are stuck between shifting out all the old sem-professional players and bringing in decent professional ones. Very much a work in progress team. Next season is going to be a lot tougher, as many of the players I've brought together over the past three years will have to leave, as they are reaching the wrong side of 30 and new young blood is required. I think from a tactics pov, I need to switch from 4-4-2 towards a one-man up top formation, as my midfielders are not supplying enough goals or assists and my strikers are not scoring enough on a regular basis.

As you can see from the stats though, my average attendance has almost quadrupled with promotion and I currently have the second highest average attendance in the league. This bodes very well for the future.

It seems the media are predicting another 16th place finish for next season and the board are restricting my wages beyond belief.

Taça da Liga

I ventured into this with a little trepidation and to my surprise I remain entirely unbeaten in this competition! However, I also remain winless in this competition - drawing all three matches. I decided to play highly defensive just to gain a bit of insight into how well my team would fare against better opposition. For now, this competition is not a main priority, but I would like at least a charge to the second round next time if possible.

Taça de Potugal

Better than last year, but then again not really. Out in the first round I played in, a completely humiliating loss to Gil Vicente, who also gubbed us 7-1 in the same fixture in the league. :(

Key players

Rui Nereu - Wrestled the first choice jersey from Wagner this season. An ever present playing in all my games.

Ito - signing of the season. Was the only player who made the league team of the year

Pape Sow - I'm not sure about this guy. He can't shoot for toffee and looks like a bulldog in midfield, yet sometimes plays like a poodle. I dropped him in the final few matches after he registered two '4' performances. Shocking. I think he is best suitor to the anchorman role, which will form the basis of my new formation this season.

Kevin Diogo - This guy is my top earner, but again does not really suit playing in a two man midfield.

Next season's goals:

• Stay up again!
  • Rebuild the squad again!
  • Revert to 4-3-3
  • Do better in the cups

Others:

Taça da Liga - Porto

Taça de Portugal - Braga

Champions League - Manchester United

Europa League - CSKA Moscow

World Cup 2014: Spain

2012/2013          Segunda Divisão (Centro)        1st                  1st round                 n/a            
2013/2014          Liga de Honra                   10th                 2nd round               1st round

Hello all! I'm back. I finished a season ages ago, and haven't played since. I can't face writing up a report yet. To catch up, after winning the league the season before I couldn't push on, and in the end was happy to just qualify for the Champions' League again.

Just loaded up the game again though, and I'm going to push onwards, hopefully unto completion!

hey dj clark boy, good luck with the team

not bad players, however 4k wage is pretty high for a club like that, you might lose too much cash in process =)

everyone else, guys, its my first time, i cant figure out how to see just the teams that were promoted instead of going to each one of them, history and looking in there which takes a long time

thanks bud thats what i noticed so ive try to offer new contracts which i think is good 4 them

DISASTER has struck! Badji Sacko, Pajara Playas legend and with more than 400 appearances to his name has torn his cruciate ligaments. Out for 10 months, devastating to my style of play...

Archived