FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

There's an 11.3.1 patch? where did you find that? I've only seen 11.3.0, even over in GD I can't see anything about a .1 version...

Anyways, good luck in Portugal LLR and Corinthiano. I've not abandoned my game there yet either, but I've been taking some time to play other saves in other locations for a while. I'll be back.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Segunda Divisão - Série Sul 2011/12

Segunda Divisão - Série Sul

Media Prediction: 8th

Board Expectation: Stay clear from relegation

My Target: Avoid relegation

League Table: 9th ǁ Position Graph

Considering this was our first season I am reasonably happy even though we finished below the media prediction. We were always around mid-table and never in real danger od being relegated. Our biggest problem was the defence, we simply could not hold on to leads when it mattered and often conceded 3+ goals in games.

Taça de Portugal Millennium

First Round - A very hard fought victory against a non-league side, should have been easier.

Second Round - We fought back very well against a Tourizense side which just had been promoted to the Liga Orangina. A penalty miss by our goalkeeper Mota sealed their progression though.

The Lusitânia Lions

Transfers ǁ Squad

The players already at the club were pretty rubbish, so I had to bring in a lot of players. The fact I only sign staff through the job centre and players that my scout finds/staff recommend meant that I rushed into a few signing at the end of the summer window. I feel it is a pretty limited squad, but it managed to see us through the division.

GK: Mota - Veteran goalkeeper picked up on deadline day. Did an OK job, but the fans aren’t too keen on him.

DR: Neto - My only January signing, as I felt it was our weakest area in the first half of the season.

DC: António Carvalho - Scored a hat-trick on his debut, but apart from that wasn’t anything special.

DC: Filipe - On paper a very decent defender, but didn’t have the best of seasons.

DL: Nuno Amaro - Couldn’t find any other decent left-backs, so went of this veteran.

DMC: Ibraime - Even though he did not have the best ratings I liked his performances and think he could improve next season.

MC: Ernesto - Decent midfielder, provided the team with a few goals.

MC: Pituca - Moans every time he is substituted, might get rid of him as he is getting on my nerves.

AMC: Emiliano Vecchio - The only player already at the club when I took over that played in the first 11. He did not correspond to his talent though. Is still relatively young, so am looking for a better next season.

ST: Sylvain Ovono - Star of the team. The Cameroonian oldie was second best league scorer with 18 goals and was voted signing of the season. Hoping he can see through another season.

ST: Nilton - Played a supporting role to Ovono, but also chipped in with his goals, also getting on a bit, don’t think he’ll play much next season.

Other News

Finances – Lost an average of 22-25 thousand euros a month, the loan has saved our balance but I doubt we’ll stop losing money whilst in this division.

Team Records – Lots of new records due to it being the first season, highlight being best ever league position.

Player Records – Lots of new records, but I reckon it will take some time until a player beat the current appearances and goals record.

There was also a new chairman elected, but there was no major change apart from the loan he took.

Azores Watch

Ranking

1. Santa Clara (1st in Liga Orangina) - Promoted

2. Praiense (5th in Segunda Divisão - Série Centro)

3. Lusitânia Açores (9th in Segunda Divisão - Série Sul)

4. U. Micaelense (13th in Segunda Divisão - Série Sul) - Relegated

5. Madalena (15th in Segunda Divisão - Série Sul) - Relegated

A mixed year for the Azores sides, whilst it is brilliant to see the islands represented at the top level with the promotion of Santa Clara, having two teams relegated into non-league is definately very negative.

Derbies

U. Micaelense

League: 1-2 (a), 0-1 (h)

Overall Record: 0-0-2

Madalena

League: 1-2 (h), 1-5 (a)

Overall Record: 0-0-2

Awful performance against our island rivals, especially the last day mauling at already relegated Madalena.

Career Overview

Season   League                       Pos   Taça de Portugal   Europe   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12  Segunda Divisão - Série Sul  9th   Second Round       N/A      None  

Amurrio_CF_escudo.png

Amurrio Club

Preseason 2010/11

First order of business was to set my expectations. I went for Avoid Relegation, with a budget of 10k and a wage budget of 7k. I changed this to transfer budget of 85k and wage budget of 5.5k.

Next, place an ad for an assistant manager. Check.

Next, the transfers. My scout was sent all over Spain, and this is the result. The entire reserve and youth teams were let go, and I brought in some good new faces.

Then, the friendlies. Only two were played, due to time constraints from finding an assistant and scouting players. Both wins, and I am fairly confident of a good solid mid table finish.

LLR - That squad looks pretty thin, but I remember coming across Hernani in my save and he looked pretty decent. Tried to sign him, but Machico wanted 5k for him so I gave up.

Yeah my whole squad looks a bit short after the top 2-3 players, I also have about 9 youth players after the squad above, but they are terrible...currently out and searching for players before the season starts...and then deciding on the formation to use, I would like to go with a 4-3-3 (DR/DC/DC/DL - DM/MC/MC - AMR/AML/ST), but we will see if I can actually find the players to fill that formation, otherwise it might be a more standard playing line-up.

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - Segunda Divisão - Série Sul - 2012/13 Pre-Season Report

Expectations

Media Prediction: 8th

Board Expectation: League - Top Half; Cup - Third Round

Transfer Budget: €0k

Wage Budget: €3.4k p/w

My Targets

- Top Half position in the league

- Enjoy a slightly longer cup run if draw allows

- Try and start signing younger players

The aim this season has to be to consolidate in the league as I see it as a transition stage. I didn’t manage to offload a lot of the players from last season, which limited the players I could bring in. The contracts all run out next season, which is when I will probably re-build the squad. Therefore expectations aren’t too high, I said top half, which means 8th place will do.

Transfer Market

Transfer Summary

DR: – Wasn’t exactly an area we were very weak at, but he was one of the better rated players my scout found.

DC: [url=]Anderson – Brazilian centre-back, looks better than any of the current ones.

DL: – Not anything special, but had to bring him in as I didn’t think Nuno Amaro had another good season in him.

MC/AMC: [url=]Marco Cláudio – I had let go a lot of very average midfielders so brought in this guy to give me more options. Think he will be in the first 11 though.

MC/AMC: – I really like the look of him, will be part of the midfield diamond.

ST: [url=]Jaílson – Very decent looking Brazilian striker. Will be looking to replace Sylvain Ovono as the main goalscorer.

Given the circumstances I am satisfied with the players I have in every position, apart from up front. Ovono and Nilton have really gone downhill and here is no one very good to partner Jaílson up front. Unfortunately I couldn’t even find a half decent striker before the transfer window shut. I will have to see whether I can bring a striker in January, although I will have to release a few players to do that, seeing as I am €300p/w over my wage budget.

I've decided to stop my save game with EFC FSR for a little while so i can continue overacheiving in the prem with leeds (4th place with 2 games to go yay) the only problem with leeds game tho is that i started 1st season with 15mil (fm editor) and a boosted rep... only about 1-2 thousand but still...... i wish i didnt use editor but im 3 seasons in and overacheiving so hey, ill carry on cuz i cba to restart...

East_Stirlingshire_FC-logo-0D7C07AB36-seeklogo.com.gif

East Stirlingshire - Scottish Second Division

Season Review

small_East_Stirlingshire_Home.jpg small_East_Stirlingshire_Away.jpg

Media Prediction: 9th

League Finish: 1st Graph

The League

What a nail-biter of a climax! As the graph shows we again hovered around the top of the table during the season and a play-off place was secured with half a dozen games to go. Going into the penultimate game against Peterhead we were on the tails of Forfar. A dramatic injury-time winner saw us hit the top spot going into the final match of the season – against Forfar. In the 3 previous matches against Forfar this season we had lost all 3 so it was going to be tough. However, we held our nerve whilst Forfar lost theirs and goals from Roberts and Dickinson saw us crowned league champions for the second consecutive season! It was a cracker of a season and we find ourselves moving one step closer to the Premier league.

Scottish Cups.

Our Scottish cup form culminated in the visit of Celtic to OchilviewPark. We pushed them hard but ultimately class told and we were defeated.

The Players

Transfers

Squad 1 Squad 2

Here’s a look at some of the key players for me in my promotion season:

Goalkeepers

Josh Wagenaar - Another solid season for Josh, although he was replaced towards the end of the season by Walker. Likely to miss out this coming season as better players come in.

Sam Walker - the tall ex-Chelsea youth player came in at the end of the season and did well between the sticks, keeping Wagenaar out of the team.

Full Backs

Keiran Brennan - Lost out to Bihmoutine this season but is still a good squad player.

Samir Bihmoutine - The ex-Arsenal player did a solid role at LB and was 1st choice all season.

David McNamee - 1st choice Rb, club captain David performed well at the back. Getting on now and has competition at the club.

Centre Backs

Keiran Stallard - Another good season for Stallard as he played his part. Under threat though now for the coming season.

Ignasi Miquel - 1st full season for the young Spaniard and he played well at the back.

Steven Smith - the young Irishman did well in the games he played and provided competition to Stallard and Miquel.

Midfielders

Yohann Casabianca - the Frenchman came in mid-season and provided cover for Philliskirk. Good squad player.

Daniel Chylaszek - The Polish winger had a good season on the LM and contributed with a few important goals. Solid if unspectacular player.

Marlon Collier - Marlon did well when called upon but played in a competitive midfield and so his chances were restricted.

Gary Dickinson - the Jamaican winger had a great first season scoring some key goals. Did everything I hoped he would.

Jordan McCue - Played a supporting role to Dickinson this season and was solid when called upon.

Daniel Philliskirk. - Another great season from Daniel. He has become vice-captain and is my own Steven Gerrard.

Jon Routledge - Played as partner to Philliskirk most of the season and did ok, although it could have been better.

Derek Ure - mainly cover to Chylaszek, Derek didn’t get much of a look in. offered him a new contract purely as cover for next season. Past his best now.

Strikers

Jordy Brouwer - the Dutchman had a fantastic first season and weighed in with 20 goals over the season. Jordy could be key for us in the First Division.

Philip Roberts - Jordys’ strike partner helped form a prolific partnership and the Irishman scored 18 over the season. A dream strikeforce.

Declan Bunting - Declan lost out to Jordy and Philip and had to make do with a place on the bench.

Michael Ngoo - Like Declan, Ngoo had to make do with a place on the bench. Out of contract this summer, his future depends on who we can get in.

Finances

Another season where we made a profit, mainly thanks to our title win and a couple of friendlies. Hopefully profits will only increase as we play in higher leagues.

The Future

So we’r ein the first division. After two consecutive promotions confidence is high but I think this will be a tougher step up. Target is a top half finish – time will tell if we can achieve it.

‘Mon the ‘Shire!!

Career History

Season   League        Pos.    League Cup  Scottish Cup  Europe   Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2011/12  3rd Division  1st        xxx          xxx        N/A     Promotion
2012/13  2nd Division  1st        xxx          xxx        N/A     Promotion

Another excellent win the Rlips looking good to stay up in the 1st division, really think your team is strong enough to do it and probably could target top half reasonably well. We started with a hiss and a roar in Portugal, but have slipped a little, our early title hunt has now seen us about 7pts off the top, 3pts behind 4th and 8pts ahead of 6th as we battle in 5th place at the mid point of the season, going to be tough.

I have to say I am surprised by the number of goals I have scored with my 4-5-1, but losing my top players is not helping...I have fixed the DR at the back as I had an extreme weakness there, hopefully with a full strength side I should be able to build towards a top 3 finish by the end of this season. Douglas Codo is a name to watch for, he is only about 22, and already the Liga Sagres teams are hunting him, I hope to hold onto him as he could be the strength of my side.

Cheers LLR. i am happy with the strength of my squad and with the additions i've made it's not too bad. already up to November in new season - doing ok in mid-table at moment. sounds like you've got a good player on your hands.....

Well mid table is good, hopefully that can continue. In the offseason I added about 4-5 more players of the level of Codo, so looking good all around. We managed to recover a little bit of ground, but we will still be in the Segunda Divisao Sul for the new season, a full update will come, but a final day victory away to U.Madeira saw us manage to pull off fourth place on away goals.

Jonathan Newton's

Associação Desportiva de Machico

machico.jpg

Segunda Divisão Sul 2011/12

Good Beginnings

In Short

Predicted: 11th

Actual: 4th

Taca de Portugal: 3rd Round vs Portimonense 0:0p

Finances: 40k

Transfers: 27 in (€0) 22 out (€0)

Season Tickets: 220

Segunda Divisão Sul

Well we started off with a hiss and a roar as we scored 19 goals to 9 in our first 6 games, a huge start to the season, we then drifted a little bit through the middle of the season and it took a lot for us to gain the momentum back as we dropped down the table, the clubs of Madeira were doing well though as Maritimo B topped the table, U.Madeira came 5th, us 4th and Camacha in 6th. I was actually happy with a final position of 4th, and with a few additions to the defense coming in the summer, plus some extras through the middle we could see a massive improvement. We may have scored 64 goals, but we conceded a terrible 43 throughout the 30 games.

Taca de Portugal

We started with a match against Operirao Azores, which we won 2:0, then we went on to beat Pescadores 5:1 in the second round, which meant we went further than the boards expectations. We were drawn against Portimonense who had just been relegated from Liga Sagres, we had a great run as we held it to nil all through 120 mins, and it took 7 rounds of a penalty shoot-out before we dropped out 6:5.

Club History

|---------|--------|----------|------------------|--------|--------------|
| Seasons | League | Position | Taca de Portugal | Europe | Achievements |
| 2011/12 |  2DS   |    [url="http://i.imgur.com/K1Wmu.png"]4th[/url]   |     3rd Round    |   --   |              |

Club Records & Competition History

The Squad

Goalkeepers

30. Marco Sousa - The best goalie we have, he conceded a lot of goals, but I put some of it down to our defense, we will work on conceding less goals going forward.

33. Nuno Carrapato - The back-up managed to play near the end of the season following an injury, again not amazing, but I think he is good enough for this level.

Defenders

4. Bruno Resende - A solid season at the back, he was the best of the central defenders I used and he managed to play in all 33 games our team played this season, the only player to achieve that.

3. Cristiano - He played mainly at centre-back, but he was a great replacement for right back as well, at the start I thought he would be the number 1 DC, but he just wasn't quite good enough, and will probably be replaced in the new season.

5. Filipe - The back up left back, he really didn't impress and this ended up being the weakest slot in my entire squad by the end of the season.

18. Guido - A back-up for the centre, but he really became a solid option, he came onto the field in nearly every game and built a good combo in the middle.

62. Hernani - I signed him in January as a replacement for Kikas, the weakest point of our team in January, he fixed the problem and was a major reason our team ended up in 4th spot by the end.

16. Salvador - The left back was solid, but is weak compared to the rest of my side.

Midfielders

21. Chico - He started the season as the back-up DM, but he stepped up during a suspension and he never looked back as he made the position his own.

8. Douglas Codo - I signed Codo as a possible back-up when looking at him, but an injury early on saw him step straight into the side and he became the clubs superstar, 13 goals, 11 assists and 5 man of the match awards on his way to being named the fans player of the year, Newton's Star of the Year, Runner-up in the Player of the Year and making the 2nd Division Team of the Year.

10. Joao Oliveira - The 20 year old will be disappointed to only play 17 games, he will be hoping he can force his way into more time, but he is solid.

23. Junior - The youngster was average, but he was the best we had to line up alongside Codo, nothing amazing, but solid enough.

13. Manuel Dos Santos - 14 assists from the winger was an excellent effort, if he can keep that up he could be part of the reason that we could make a run at the title.

Wingers

7. Carlos Veloso - The left winger ended up doing very well here, he came out of the season with 9 goals, 6 assists and 4 man of the match awards, definitely looking like a good prospect at only 23.

Strikers

11. Aboubacar Tandia - A good solid season from the frenchman upfront, he scored 17 goals, but had some injuries and an issue with a goal drought in the middle of the season. Looks solid as a goalscorer in my 4-5-1 though.

1. Frank Kornu - The man from Ghana was a find, he may have only been a back-up to Tandia, but he got a fair amount of game time. 8 Goals from 17 games is just under 1 in 2, so he is satisfactory. Look for him to battle more next season.

The Awards

2011/12 Best XI

2011/12 Fans PotY - Douglas Codo

Signing of Season - Aboubacar Tandia

Overachievers - Machico

Most Assists - Dos Santos 3rd.

Player of the Year - Douglas Codo 2nd.

Team of Year - Douglas Codo

April Player of Month - Tandia 1st, Veloso 2nd.

April Manager of Month - Jonathan Newton 3rd.

The Other Madeira Islanders

Maritimo B (1st 2DS, 23-5-2)

U.Madeira (5th 2DS, 18-5-7)

CD Ribeira Brava (14th 2DS, 6-8-16)

AD Pontassolense (15th 2DS, 5-5-20)

CF Andorinha (16th 2DS, 2-6-22)

Porto Santo

AD Camacha (6th 2DS, 13-8-9)

CD Portosantense (10th 2DS, 10-7-13)

Next Season

My Aims for next season are to aim for the top spot and promotion, with the signings I have made for the new season we should be able to get well up there, improvements across the park.

Jonathan Newton's

machico.jpg

Segunda Divisão Sul 2012/13

Preseason Update

Well we started off with a few friendlies where we could score some goals and hopefully boost the clubs confidence, we got a true winner with 12 goals scored in one match, Tandia was on fire while Chico was out injured, but hopefully Chico can now step up and score some goals to lead the team.

Fixtures

The Key Signings

MR: Bruno Rodrigues - A star of the future

ST: Chico - The new striker

DC: Elvis - The King Lives & Captains

DM: Ibraime - A solid Back-up

DM: Joao Fonseco - The new Anchor Man

MC: Pedro Moreira - The new partner for Codo

ML: Rodrigo Lamardo - Solid, but nothing amazing

DR: Zamorano - A Super Right Back

rlipscombe: Brilliant season and by the looks of it you are having an easy time settling in the First Division :thup:

LLR: Good first season there and I am very jealous of your signings, key indication is the fact that Ibraime is my best Anchor Man...

LLR: Good first season there and I am very jealous of your signings, key indication is the fact that Ibraime is my best Anchor Man...

Yeah though I don't play by letting my scouts find players, though admittedly they did find Fonseco & Codo who I believe are two of my strongest players. Ibraime is strong in the role, but Fonseca was just better. Now I am hoping to try and find some better players for my defense as after Elvis & Zamorano, my team is kinda bare...

rlipscombe: Brilliant season and by the looks of it you are having an easy time settling in the First Division :thup:

cheers. it was a great and nailbiting season! this season is going ok but am struggling a little for goals.

Yeah though I don't play by letting my scouts find players, though admittedly they did find Fonseco & Codo who I believe are two of my strongest players. Ibraime is strong in the role, but Fonseca was just better. Now I am hoping to try and find some better players for my defense as after Elvis & Zamorano, my team is kinda bare...

How do you find your players? Do you go through the player search screen? I just don't have the time or can be bothered to go through hundreds of players anymore, so am more than happy to trust my scouts with finding me talent, which can limit the quality of players available at times...

How do you find your players? Do you go through the player search screen? I just don't have the time or can be bothered to go through hundreds of players anymore, so am more than happy to trust my scouts with finding me talent, which can limit the quality of players available at times...

I have about 5 key attributes I am looking for in each position. so when I have no money I filter by based in the places I can scout (eg Central Europe or Brazil or Argentina), and then by Contract Expired or Expiring 6 months, or Unattached, or Amateur, or Value at most = 0. Then I go to my view showing the key attributes I want, I pick about 5 players for each position and then get my scouts to scout them all, so I get about 50-100 scout reports in total, and go through them and offer contracts to all the ones I want in my club. Thats how I do my main search in June/July, then at other times I am generally focusing on filling only one or two positions, eg DL right now, so I am going into the search screen filtering and scouting anyone who might be able to do a job, if I need a back-up I am looking at Under 25s only because I want them to be around for a while, even if only in a back-up role. I also use the Assistant Advice Team Report screen to check out some other players who could fill the gap my AssMan thinks is the worst.

Wow, that is a much more complex search than my one :D

Yeah I built it up over time, and it really cuts down the numbers of playersz to look through, now when I start a new game I import all my filters across so that I can just hit a button and load them for ease, and I already have about 15 different views on squad, shortlist and search screens lol.

Jonathan Newton's

machico.jpg

Segunda Divisão Sul 2012/13

Sacked Update

WOW...don't really know what happened, so admittedly there have been a few terrible losses so far this season, but I didn't even see it coming, I came out of a 3:2 loss to a relegation bound team who we were leading 2:0 at halftime and I had no job...going to holiday to the end of the season and see what I can do...

Fixtures

Final League Table

Sacked Message

If there is a club available in the end of the season that fits the challenge I will try and take over.

Jonathan Newton's

Penalva do Castelo

SC_Penalva_do_Castelo-logo-93E3CA6FFE-seeklogo.com.gif

Segunda Divisao Sul 2013/14

Well I have now taken over Penalva do Castelo and I am going to show Machico exactly where they stuffed up. I am tempted to bring along a player or two from Machico, but most tempted to just beat them all over the park.

Jonathan Newton

The Squad

The Club Info

The History

I think it was a combination of, not meeting expectations (Challenge for Title), over wage budget, and a couple of losses to terrible opposition. They came together to just be enough to give me the boot. I can see the huge drop in reputation at th new club and I am really going to have to work to get players here.

Machico vs Penalva - The Live Update

Well the big game is here and upon us, going into the game we are each sitting there with a game in hand, but Penalva are in 7th with 14pts, Machico are in 10th with 11pts. So we have a headstart in the league. So in the press conference I said I was keen to show them what they were missing...

So the line-ups are as follows: Formation - Some key things to watch for Dally on our Left Wing, Castro as an Anchor, and Loureira for a screamer. For Machico you have to keep an eye on Chico, Junior, Codo and Dos Santos on attack, and the strong defense I built them which remains intact.

First Half

9 Min: Castro Injured, Corner evades Elvis, saved by Sousa.

13 Min: Joazmair taken down in the box, PENALTY

13 Min (a): Joazmair steps up, shoots and misses wide left.

19 Min: Dos Santos gets free in our box, shoots and misses.

28 Min: Chico free in the area from a beautiful Dos Santos ball, he hits it past Rene GOAL!!! but it has been disallowed, Offside is the call.

Wow, got out of that one lucky

29 Min: Osardejor gets himself deep into the box after an awesome run, steps right and shoots high and wide.

31 Min: Dos Santos playing on the left side runs forward and centres the ball right into the goal, Rene fumbles and the ball drops to Resende who drops it straight into the net GOAL!!!! Machico scores 1:0

And there we are down after 1/3rd of the game, definitely looking competitive though away from home.

The rest of the half was spent down near the goal, but a few attempts we had were poor and nothing came from them. Need to fire the boys up

Halftime: Machico 1:0 Penalva

Renato comes on for Castro at halftime, and we move to a 4-4-2 for more attacking options

53 Min: 8 mins before something comes from it and another blast over the top from Osardejor as he receives an excellent ball through from Joazmair, this pair are ruining all our chances.

57 Min: Santos was injured by Dos Santos, but the game continues for a couple of minutes before we commit a foul to get it stopped so we can go back to 11 players, from the free kick play continues.

61 Min: great play by Resende playing the ball to Salvador running down the left wing, he crosses to the middle for Dos Santos who gets above the keeper and heads it home, GOAL!!!! Machico scores 2:0

Looks like I may be in a little bit of trouble now, the team is down, our boys morale is gone and Machico are all over us

The rest of the second half is barely worth mentioning...we were terrible...

This thread has gone really quite lately which is a shame but im guessing its to do with people starting new games with the new patch.

Anyway im at Christmas on my save and spending the money weve made from Champs League football and TV rights which has really helped, and made it passed the 1st group stage of Champs League :D

it has a little... i admit i am dabbling currently between my East Stirling save and also a little Arsenal game as i'm challenging my brother to a "who is best" at managing Arsenal game. still plaing East Stirling though.

hey, i've decided to give this a go as i fancy a bit of a new challenge, and since i've just broken my arm i'll have plenty of fm time ahead of me!

Realise i'm a bit late to the party but here we go,

Logo_of_FC_Metallurg_Lipetsk.gif

FC METALLURG LIPETSK

Founded - 1966

Media Prediction - 18th

Transfer Budget - £14,000

Wage Budget - £14,750 (currently £5,500)

Seasonal aim - avoid relegation

other info

Stadium capacity - 14,830

Adequate facilities

Ticket price - £2.80 (bargain!)

Season tickets - £26

Squad personality - fairly determined

Will do a more comprehensive update later on, let me know if i've missed anything out. Cheers

Archived