FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

LLR - built up a decent squad there it looks mate. hopefully you can pick back up on that start of season form and make a push for the top of the table.

Biscotti - congratulations on the Taça de Portugal Final final win - it's always nice to get your first piece of silverware. and it was almost a cup double too. also, unlucky on making the european places - next season you'll make it for sure.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohanzee - Yeah, I thought it would mean Europe, but I'm past the reset date now and I'm not showing as being entered :/

My TV money for this season is set to be £750k, so still a long way to go to catch up to Serie A.

The lack of foreigner restrictions in Portugal certainly makes building a team easier. I've now only got 5 Portuguese players in my first choice 11, and one of those is only Portuguese by birth (declared for France). It means I have no problem with sending my scouts to the far corners of the world to turn up some talent for me :)

Also a big fan of the fact Brazilians aren't restricted to only over 18s moving to Portugal as well :D

mantova-football-club.jpg

End of Season Update - 2016/2017 - Mantova F.C

Media Prediction - 17th

Actual Position - 10th-Graph

Finances

Another great season for us, up and down for most of it and relegation even looked on the cards until I changed tactics and swapped afew players about which saw us on a 8 game unbeaten run scoring 23 and conceding 6, which we were then in the running for 7th position which is a Euro Cup Qualifying Round, but with only 3 wins and 2 draws from our last 10 game ended the dream.

We agreed a transfer fee for William 16 y/o Brazilian WBL 2 seasons ago for £500k, and he arrived this season as our starting LB, after a OK season I wasn’t expecting to replace him, that is until Shakhtar came in with a bid of £2.2m his valve, I negotiated at £7.5m and 25% of any future fees thinking it would be enough to end there interest, but it wasn’t, they agreed the full transfer. So off I go looking for yet another LB. Career Stats.

The board the also agreed to Upgrade the Training and Youth facilities.

Cups:

Again only made the 1st round of the Italian Cup, played very well against Lazio and deserving a win only to get kicked in the teeth by a 95 minute goal.

Players:

Players 1-Players 2

Transfers

Key Players:

Denis Nocerino - A Fifth season as a key player now and another season ive managed to keep Nocerino on our side, but for how long.

Linton Lotis - Signed for £2.5m on £20,000 p/w, his performances were good but id like him to contribute next season with afew more goals on assists.

Alejandro Gomez - Played even better this season than last, 17 assists in 36 games, now with Italian nationality but still no call ups.

Marco Borriello - The veteran himself, signed for a free on £5,750 p/w, and worth every penny for his experience, showed our younger players how to do it.

Ousmane Zongo - Our own little speedster, very pleased with the signing of this guy, only £1m on £9,750 p/w, I think hes gonna have a very good future.

Evzen Zelenka - Been following him for awhile but never realised he had a Minimum Release fee of £3.2m, He like Zongo will have a very bright future at the club.

Touted/Dubbed/Labelled

Matthias Straub, Touted the next Stefan Reuter.

William, Dubbed the next Fillipe.

Biro, Dubbed the next Michel Bastos.

Alessandro Borgogni, Labelled the next Giampaolo Pazzini.

Awards:

Alejandro Gomez Fans Player Of The Year

Next Season Aims:

• Qualify for the EURO Cup (7th position).
  • Improve overall squad quality.
  • Improve youth quality.
  • Try and upgrade our Stadium.

Season  |  Club        |   League  		      |  Position  |  Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie C2/A       |    4th     | 
2012/2013 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie C2/A       |    1st     | Winners, C2/A Super Cup Winner
2013/2014 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie C1/A       |    5th     | Promotion, Serie C Cup Winner
2014/2015 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie   B        |    1st     | Winners
2015/2016 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie   A        |    15th    |
2016/2017 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie   A        |    10th    |

Hey Guys, yeah I am alright, and all my friends and family are safe as well.

All the destruction is in Christchurch in the South Island, we are mostly up in the North Island, had a few friends in Chch, but they have all been in contact. Just praying for all the people who are there currently without power and water, and those who have lost loved ones. Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Jono

I just saw this thread, i decided to take the challenge and i have just joined the serie c2/c team of Angri, my media prediction is 18th so I have lots of work to do, they have given me £7,000 to spend which i will probably convert to wages, i have no idea as to how i am going to stay up. Angri have appointed an unknown English manager called Aidan Galashan, he has experience as a Sunday league footballer, he has set his expectations on avoiding relegation although it will be a tough task.

Good to hear LLR, I'm actually in the South Island right now, so all a bit weird, but thankfully was 100 miles north of Christchurch.

The above is also the reason for the reduced posting.

Did you feel it in Kaikoura(?) - only place I can think of 100 miles north of Chch... All the footage is amazing, like I know that city and to see it in such a state of destruction is heart-wrenching, even more so when people have died in there...words just cannot do justice to it.

thanks guys...people making some good progress throughout the challenge, good times...

good to see somebody else having a bash with Angri, ive grown attached to the club after the exploits last year. Good luck AidanofLFC.

im finished my 2nd season, season review coming soon, but just to say that ive started my 3rd season in Serie C1/B :)

Yeah in Portugal overcoming that financial gap is a big effort, but once you get there the domination in Portugal becomes a nice stroll...hoping to improve my money situation in Russia, as we are waaaay behind the other Moscow teams, and our up and down season continues, we are good enough to be near the top, but just slip up constantly. I suppose that is what happens when your starting eleven is generally under 25.

Nice to see some great progress across the challenge as everyone moves on towards completions.

mantova-football-club.jpg

End of Season Update - 2017/2018 - Mantova F.C

Media Prediction - 15th

Actual Position - 4th - Graph

Finances - Overall, Expenditure, Income

Started the season with only 1 win in the first 5 games but I felt we were robbed by the more experienced teams in the league with either a last minuet equaliser or winner, With that in mind I started defending heavily during the last 20mins of some matches which saw us pick up some good points moving up to mid table at Christmas. Abit of consistency against the poorer teams saw us exceeding my goal of 7th, we fought hard to hold on to 5th place and only a surprise loss for Inter and a win for us moved us into 4th on the last game of the season.

Champions League Here We Come. Well I got to qualify first but oh well.

The board once again decided to Upgrade the Youth facilities and Youth Recruitment Network.

Cups:

We have a thing with the 1st Round of the Italian Cup just cant seem to progress onto the 2nd round, oh and our penalty taking is woeful. Results

Players:

Players 1-Players 2

Transfers

Key Players:

Abit of a different look for this section.

GK: Denis Nocerino - Another great season, lower ratings but I put that down to not having as much to do.

RB: Matthias Straub - Taken over this season from Hinkel and played that well A.C Milan Co-Owned him for £2.9m with a £5.75m future fee.

DC: Nelson Rivas - His best and 3rd season for Mantova, Maybe his last as I look to replace.

DC: Tobias Figueiredo - Good solid season, Still waiting a call up tho.

DL: Ethan Pierson - Our replacement for £7.5m rated William, Signed Ethan for £3.4m and in my opinion a lot better.

DM: Jermaine Jones - JJ played well throughout the season, will look to sign a replacement ready for when he hangs his boots up.

CM: Benoit Filippi - Record transfer signing Filippi came to us in Jan for £6m and was just the type of player we need. Made his 1st full French cap afew months after signing.

CM: Lorenzo Davids - Signed for us at the start of the season as a back up for JJ but played very well as a CM.

AMC: Alejandro Gomez - Played even better this season than the last one, Spent 8 weeks out through injury but was still our top assisted player with 18 in 27 games.

ST: Ousmane Zongo - Just as I predicted, had an fantastic season ended it as the Leagues Top Scorer.

ST: Evzen Zelenka - Kept up with Zongo’s scoring record but only managed 30 in 33 games.

Subs:

Raffaele Di Gennaro, Alessandro Tuia, Simon Poulsen, Linton Loties, Steven Defour, Marco Borriello, Alessandro Borgogni

Awards:

Ousmane Zongo Serie A Top Goalscorer

Ousmane Zongo Serie A Young Player Of The Year

Ousmane Zongo European Golden Boot

Manager Of The Year

3 Players in Team Of The Year

Next Season Aims:

• Make a serious Title Challenge.
  • Replace older players.
  • Improve youth quality.
  • Try and upgrade our Stadium.

Season  |  Club        |   League  		      |  Position  |  Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie C2/A       |    4th     | 
2012/2013 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie C2/A       |    1st     | Winners, C2/A Super Cup Winner
2013/2014 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie C1/A       |    5th     | Promotion, Serie C Cup Winner
2014/2015 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie   B        |    1st     | Winners
2015/2016 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie   A        |    15th    |
2016/2017 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie   A        |    10th    |
2017/2018 |  Mantova     |   Italian Serie   A        |     4th    | ECC Qualified

Did it make you Angri AidanofLFC? :p

Sorry, I'll get my coat. :o

I hate it when games become corrupt, so sorry to hear about that. I actually run with a 10 file rolling autosave on my game and it saves weekly. Some might think that's overkill but if you've ever had a corrupt save or a major crash you'll understand why I do this!

I hate it when games become corrupt, so sorry to hear about that. I actually run with a 10 file rolling autosave on my game and it saves weekly. Some might think that's overkill but if you've ever had a corrupt save or a major crash you'll understand why I do this!

I do exactly the same, but I had 3 power cuts in one day, first one lost me 8 months of game time...second one lost me a month, third only a week as I had moved to 10 file rolling autosave weekly :) though I make sure to save within every ten weeks so thzt I don't lose any week from my saves so I can go back and get screenshots of anything I need too :p

No It didnt make me angry although i got a bit annoyed after doing my friendlys and then on match day it crashed, i think i will carry on with EFC Frejus as i am already 20 games into the season, with my Angri game i was starting the league and it crashed, i tried again the same happened. :(

What are the chances of anyone being able to produce a list of the lower division clubs but using real players for that club? If we were to produce lists of the squad for the season with stats etc would anyone be able to produce the add on for the lower leagues? i would love to have a full real life squad for my local team Cheddar FC and see how far we can take them up the ladder and where players move on to throughout the career.

The reason i ask is because im not too good at editing etc...

sorry for the noob question

What are the chances of anyone being able to produce a list of the lower division clubs but using real players for that club? If we were to produce lists of the squad for the season with stats etc would anyone be able to produce the add on for the lower leagues? i would love to have a full real life squad for my local team Cheddar FC and see how far we can take them up the ladder and where players move on to throughout the career.

The reason i ask is because im not too good at editing etc...

sorry for the noob question

You are probably better asking in the editors forum....it is definitely possible...

As LLR says, this is probably a question for the editors forum, but also Cheddar FC don't come under the provisions of this challenge, so if you were to be asking on CSE then the English small/big extended thread would be a better place to ask

efcfsr.jpgEFC Frejus Saint Raphael End Of Season Update - 2010/2011 -[/size]

Media Prediction - 18th (in the relegation zone)

Actual Position - 16th (One place away from relegation)

Key Players -

Pierre Aristouy - He got 20 goals in the league and ended up 3rd in the league scoring charts !! he may be 30 but he is by far my best striker :D

Mohamed Loukhiar - Amazing player, cost me BIG BIG money at 65k but he was worth it by a mile amazing left winger and without his unbelievable play i would be in the CFA.

Paul Cattier - may not be the best keeper in the world but he is definitely a key asset, my other goalkeeper Arnaud Gibert played 2 games (i know he didnt get alot of playing time) and conceded 6 goals !

Giany Joinville - My Assistant Seb Sirot told me he was my best defender, and he didnt disappoint, he was an excellent central def, unlike Vincent Fernandez, who i sold for 45k to CSKA Sofia i think, he got about 10 red cards and from what i can remember he had an average rating of about 5.00

Next Season Aims -

Get at least 14th in the league and improve one round in the French Cup to the ninth round, this season i got knocked out by a CFA team!!! :mad: My Badge efcfsr.jpg

Not a bad first season there, AidanofLFC, hopefully you can build on it moving forward.

Apologies for my not having posted an update for a while, I've kinda gotten into my journeyman career save a bit. I've not abandoned this though :)

Thanks, well considering my media prediction is now 20th (how that works i dont know) but i have made some new signings, only about 3 but it all helps.. :)

The media prediction is purely based on reputation...so likely the new clubs promoted still have higher reps than yours.

good to get back on here, even if it's on another computer. my computer broke on sunday and i've had no fm since. hoping it might be fixed on monday or might need a new one. i think i've managed to rescue the east stirling game off the hard drive though. fingers crossed!! see what next weekbrings

good to get back on here, even if it's on another computer. my computer broke on sunday and i've had no fm since. hoping it might be fixed on monday or might need a new one. i think i've managed to rescue the east stirling game off the hard drive though. fingers crossed!! see what next weekbrings

Gutted about losing the computer, but a new one is always good...I finished my latest Torpedo season, it was disastrous and only compounded by Microsoft Word crashing after I had just completed it and was going to copy it to here and the save I had not coming back properly...I will re-write it after I have a go saving Burnley in the "Into the Future" Challenges...

log_angri.jpg

Angri - 2012/2013 - End of Season Review

Predicted Position: 15th

Actual Position: 1st

Average Attendance: 2291

Season Ticket Holders: 458

From day one the team surpassed my expectations, embarking on a run consisting of 13 wins and 11 draws (breaking club records along the way) before finally losing for the first time in the league on the 3rd March, going down 4-3 to Rimini. This was the only defeat we suffered throughout the course of the season in the league, a tremendous effort from all players involved.

We also set a record for the most goals scored in Serie C2/C in a season, hitting the net 76 times

The season ended with a victory for the team in the Serie C Super Cup also, giving us a double and ending the season on an even higher note

Serie C Super Cup - Table

Most notable performers of the season were as follows:

GK

Antonio Coglitore - much-improved on last season, only conceding 25 in 28 games, with 9 clean sheets

Fabio Guenzi - brought in when Coglitore was injured, and proved a worthy stand-in, with 7 clean sheets in 12 apps

DEF

Andrea Gagliardini - rarely used, but scored 4 goals in 3 appearances late in the season which proved valuable

Matteo Binelli - ever-present in the league, starting to form a formidable CD partnership with Vesi

Gianluca Ibba - only missed 1 game all season, and consistent without being spectacular. place may be under threat if i can find an able replacement

Marco Vesi - performed as i predicted, finishing with 8 goals, and an average of 7.37

Mohamed Lamine Traore - another free brought in as cover for the CBs, useful when called upon

Francecso Visentin - young rb who didnt feature much last season, but with us losing Citro when his contract expired, he proved to be another who could be really good with plenty of game time over the next few seasons

MID

Willian Justino - a more understated season from last years star man, but still handy to have around

Riccardo Enrico - contributed 7 goals and 6 assists from AML, a solid contributor

Francesco Forte - youngster who continues to improve game after game. attracting some attention from some bigger teams, but i hope he will share my vision and stay long enough to become a club legend

Fabio Foglia - turned into the star man this season, with 13 goals, 22 assists, 8 man of the match awards and an average of 7.56. top quality, and all from right wing

Daniele Fiorentino - found himself preferred to Justino in CM, another solid performer over the course of the season

ATT

Jurgen Pandiani - almost as prolific as last season, finishing with 13 goals. i believe his best is yet to come

Giovanni Vriz - slightly improved return compared to last season, 12 goals a solid contribution from someone of 'limited ability'

Thiam Ibrahima Bongoura - signed on a free in January, and single-handedly won us the Serie C Super Cup with 4 goals in 2 matches

Mauro Zanini - another who was on the outskirts of the team a lot of the time, but who scored a few useful goals and did what was asked when needed

Top Scorer - Fabio Foglia & Jurgen Pandiani - 13 goals each

Highest Average Rating - Fabio Foglia - 7.60

Fans Player of The Year - Fabio Foglia

Serie C2/C Player of The Year - Fabio Foglia - 1st Place

Manager of The Year - Garry Maltman - 1st Place

Team of The Year - Fabio Foglia & Jurgen Pandiani

Going forward, the main aim has to be to consolidate our position in a higher league, something which again may be done on a shoestring, but i believe i have a squad strong enough to test themselves in a stronger league.

Onwards and upwards!!!

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2011/2012       Serie C2/C      12th	       Safety           
2012/2013	Serie C2/C      1st            Promotion, Serie C Super Cup Winners                                          

Gutted about losing the computer, but a new one is always good...I finished my latest Torpedo season, it was disastrous and only compounded by Microsoft Word crashing after I had just completed it and was going to copy it to here and the save I had not coming back properly...I will re-write it after I have a go saving Burnley in the "Into the Future" Challenges...

tell me about it. managed to seemingly resurrect the computer though so am currently re-installing things. hopefully i'll get a chance tonight to check FM but we shall see. still want a new computer mind but that may have to wait!

I've only seen one person so far but has anybody else attempted Scotland? I'm not going to count mine as I didn't holiday I just took over Stranraer first season. I'm in my 10th season (and first in SPL) and was wondering if anyone had achieved anything similiar? It's really tough I really enjoy it, not a lot of people seem to try it, was looking to try and find out other peoples experience. Also, once my Stranraer save gets boring I was going to start this as the dafuge challenge is too hard, I've tried it too many times, I feel like going somewhere european and unknown!

well i can only speak from my experiences and i'm really enjoying Scotland so far. assuming i can continue with my East Stirling game i think this could definately be my long term game for 2011. what was your rate of progress like?

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores

I usually play in the Brazilian league, as I am able to choose one of the many small clubs available and lead them to the Série A. This year however with the restructuring of the league I felt the choice of clubs in Brazil was limited and have not really enjoyed playing there. I tried various different leagues and clubs: Belarus, Sweden, Israel, Armenia etc., but didn’t manage to really enjoy a game. But now I think have found a club I really like and am hoping this can be a good long-term save, even if progress is probably going to be slow.

The most appealing thing to me is that Lusitânia Açores is a team from Angra do Heroísmo in the Terceira Island, one of the many in the Azores. They are possibly the most western side available in this challenge. They are certainly not the biggest club in the Azores, that title goes to Santa Clara, the only club from the Islands that has reached the top tier of Portuguese football. Lusitânia themselves have only reached mid-table in the third tier so I think it will not take much to emulate that.

They play their games at the recently renovated Estádio João Paulo II, which, as can be seen below, lacks a bit of atmosphere due to having only one stand and an Olympics track.

estadiolusitania.jpg

They do however have a very amusing site. Especially the intro song for the football side of things.

I did have a go with them with the other patch, but it didn’t go to well and I got relegated . With the new patch I went ahead again, and as it looks like I will be surviving the first season, I can officially present my profile :D

looks like i won't be continuing with my East Stirling game... keeps crashing in game. not a happy bunny!!

And the same for me with Torpedo, I managed to write up the update again, but then when I hit continue in game it crashed two days further on, so I am looking at Portugal once more :p

Any idea where you are going Rlips?

Welcome aboard Corinthiano and good luck...

So I had holidayed, gone past the reset date, found my club I wanted, was going through setting up what I always do, detail level, team settings, manager settings, screen flow etc and then realised that I had forgotten to remove the fake files in FM11.3 so now starting the 1 hour holiday again and then I will upload a save (We are missing Portugal from first page), and keep reloading until the club I decided on comes up again...

As a teaser I am also heading off the coast, but I am heading to Madeira!

Jonathan Newton's

Associação Desportiva de Machico

machico.jpg

Second Division South 2011/12

New Beginnings

Well I have taken over as the manager of Machico in the South of the Second Division, the club is based on Madeira and according to the fans is considered the second biggest club on the island after Nacional (I don't know what they think Maritimo is?). They play at the Municpal Stadium in the centre of the city. The club was formed in 1969 through the merger of the city's Sporting and Belenenses clubs, In the 80s they made it into the third division, and then first ascended to the second division during the 90s, hopefully I can take them to their highest ever position and on to European Glory. Clubs Wiki page.

Links to my Profile & Club stuff to come...

Good luck with Machico! Funny to think the fans think they are the second club in Madeira when Maritimo B play in the same division as them :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, there are elections on the horizon at Lusitânia Açores, just hope whoever takes over keeps faith in me seeing as I am not getting relegated this time!

LLR - well i might be staying at East Stirling after all... i installed 11.3 patch as a last ditch attempt and i've got through two games now so touch wood i MIGHT be back!

Good luck back in Portugal, your 'home' looking forward to you making Machico the no.1 team in Madeira

Corinthiano - good to have you in this challenge - i loved following your progress in South America and it's great to have you here. looking forward to the battle of the islands between you and LLR!

And is it me or are all island football grounds pretty much the same??? :)

Archived