FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

UD_P%C3%A1jara_Playas_de_Jand%C3%ADa_escudo.png

End of Season Update - U.D. Pajara Playas de Jandia - 2025/26

"The continued adventure of the challenge's sunshine team."

I've left it late again, nearing the end of next season, so here's a shortish update.

Transfers

Finances

League | Graph

Well, I suppose I've got to say I'm happy with the consolidation. Exactly the same position as last season means I'm in the Champion's League again, the money from which will be hugely important for me to make any headway.

Cup - 5th Round

Continued to fail in this tournament. Went out to Espanyol. Disappointed. Particularly as let's not forget, I'm still to actually win anything. Both promotions came through the playoffs.

Europe - Qtr Final

Happy with the effort. Quarters by no means an embarrassment. Eventually went out to Chelsea in something of a hammering. I lost 2-1 at home and 6-1 at Stamford Bridge.

Squad

Goalkeepers

German Zubarev - Only keeper worth mentioning. Not always the most reliable. But pulls off some hugely important saves.

Defenders

Tarik El Amrani - A great left foot, and a strong, reliable defender makes this guy a great full back. He is now also vice-captain, and I see him very much as a captain of the future.

Anthony Babin - Continues to be an absolute rock at the back. He's a great servant.

Cesar Garcia - Keeps El Amrani on his toes. He is solid and reliable when called upon.

Mark Isa - When I signed him for £240K I never expected him to be around for this long, but to give him credit, he keeps performing well, whatever challenge is thrown at him.

Julian - Very excited about this young full back. If he works on his positioning I can see him developing into a world class player.

Georges Mathis - Starting to become surplus to requirements. Pity for the big man, but it happens to them all. He'll be long remembered around Fuerteventura.

Saul Moreno - The man to replace him. He's a very solid defender and he and Babin have developed a good partnership at the back.

Casper Schaap - Growing into his role as Mathis's game time reduces. He's definitely one to watch, his chance will come.

Midfielders

Erkan Aykuz - Once again, I can't stress how good this guy is going to be. I mean he's already one of the best in the division, and I can see him becoming one of, if not THE, best.

Carlos Alberto - Cracking player. He and Song mean great strength in depth on the right wing.

Walter D'Angelo - The right-footed left winger continues to be a strong presence in the squad.

John Chibueze - back at the club for another loan spell. He provides good back up to Aykuz.

Didier Song - World-class winger, he and Alberto have a great battle.

Kylian Thiebaud - Those of you with good memories will remember he played on loan for us in our first season in the top league as an 18-year-old. Well, he's back, on a permanent deal this time. And he provided an excellent alternative to D'Angelo. He is all left foot, and he can get down the line well.

Michel van den Berg - Growing into his role as the creative force in a Champion's League team. He continues to improve. Excellent player.

Vitanov - After a disappointing spell at Pajara Playas, he's off, at a loss. Will be replaced by Thiebaud.

Strikers

Renato Gaucho - New star of the team. Got him in from the Ukraine. He should score plenty. Good in the air. Good on the ground. Quick. Strong. He has it all. He tailed off at the end of the season though, as did our title challenge.

Morten Larsen - Quite possibly the definitiion of a 'solid pro'. Never disappoints when called upon, and pops up with some very important goals.

Mohammad Abdallah Natali - Another I'm excited about. Could well be the best Sudanese footballer ever. A few noticeable flaws. But then Sacko was a rough diamond when he arrived too. Definitely one to watch.

Badji Sacko - The big man himself. Continues to be about a 1 in 3 man. But his all round contribution is what makes him such a legend.

Redouane Yilmaz - Improving well. Scores important goals. Another to watch in the next few seasons.

Season		League				Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12		Second Division B4		13th				Avoided Relegation
2012/13		Second Division B4		4th				Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14		LIGA adelante			17th				Survival
2014/15		LIGA adelante			13th				Consolidated
2015/16		LIGA adelante			8th				Narrowly missed playoffs
2016/17		LIGA adelante			10th				Backwards step
2017/18		LIGA adelante			6th				Promoted via Playoffs!
2018/19		LIGA BBVA			16th				Survival
2019/20		LIGA BBVA			7th				Qualified for EC!
2020/21		LIGA BBVA			6th				Slight improvement
2021/22		LIGA BBVA			4th				Qualifed for ECC!!
2022/23		LIGA BBVA			8th				
2023/24		LIGA BBVA			6th				Qualified for EC
2024/25		LIGA BBVA			3rd				Qualified for ECC
2025/26		LIGA BBVA			3rd				Ditto

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Des Tiny's FM11 Adventure

Torpedo Moscow

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPQlP6DfBYZzIRcy_fg_jDcfCM_wWjCddsSeirYL5tRv5S3kdc

First Division 2011

Beginnings of a Muscovite Revolution

The Current Year

The Season in Short

Predicted: 14th

Actual: 6th

Russian Cup: 5th Round vs Volgar

Euro Rank: 171st (10th Rus)

Transfers: 25 in (350k R), 3 out (0 R)

Finances: 70M R (28th Rus)

Season Tickets: 1575

The Squad: Core 22, Reserves, Youth

How the League Went

We started with a brilliant 3:1 victory over Salyut, this put us at the top of the league early on. Our next two games were terrible losses and I was really worried at that point, though looking back we faced Saturn (Eventual winners) & Zhemchuzina (7th), so not terrible results. Through May, June & July we went on a run of 12 games unbeaten which led to us being in 6th place at the half way stage, an amazing effort given that our number 1 Left winger started the season at the tender age of 15. After this the results fluctuated up and down a bit, but on the final day we got the result over relegation bound SOYUZ-Gazprom and managed to jump back into 6th spot. Our star players are clearly shown as Ospeshinskiy (14 Goals) & Elysee (13 Assists)

League Results 1-19

League Results 19-38

Player Stats

The Russian Cup

Well we entered at the 5th round of the Cup and faced non-league side Volgar, but it was a terrible result as we went down 2:1 in extra time.

Around the Traps

Club World Cup: Inter 2:2 Internacional (p5:3)

Champs League: Chelsea 1:0 Barcelona

Europa League: Juventus 2:0 Leverkusen

Premier Division: CSKA Moscow

Russian Cup: CSKA Moscow 3:1 Alania

First Division: Saturn

The Players

Current Squads Stats: Top 22 & The Rest

Goalkeepers

Leonardo Vieira (GK): The number 1 keeper for our side was really a shining light, he kept clean sheets right when he needed to and got us through the whole season, a shining light. 37 Games, 44 Conceded, 13 Clean Sheets.

Defenders

Vitelay Pimenov (DRC): The youngster cemented himself in the backline as a centre back, but by the end of the season he was playing on the right as our reserve centre backs were better than the replacements on the right, he also made his debut for Russia U21s.

Emil Grozev (DC): One of the foreign regulars in our team, Grozev was in a battle early on to get the spot, both with his opposition defenders and also with the other foreigners.

Vitelay Timofeev (DRL): He started the season on the right, but once we had Pimenov and others step-up on the right he moved to the position with less depth on the left, he didn't play quite as well down that side, but waaay better than any other left backs we had. (Avg at DR: 6.95)

Pavel Prikhodko (DR): The youngster didn't get a game this season, but he is only 16 and will most likely get another shot at some time shortly.

Midfielders

Bi Sehi Irie Elysee (MC): The king of the midfield, the Ivorian was going to be replaced in August when we signed a new midfielder, but it was only a few games before he slotted straight back in. Going to be his main aim to keep his spot in the new season. 34 Games, 3 Goals, 13 assists.

Makhach Gadjiev (MR/ST): An amazing effort out on the right hand side of the pitch, he was always a good pick, and he also covered upfront during our striker injury issues. 34 Games, 6 Goals, 3 Assists.

Mikhail Petrov (DM/MC): The youngster beat out all the opposition and cemented the slot for himself as the starter which is exactly where he deserved to be, he didn't provide the assists or goals like his partner in the midfield, but he was solid on every single occasion that he took the field. 34 Games, 2 Goals, 4 Assists.

Maxim Bazarov (ML): The youth player got a chance following an injury and after that we were delighted with his performance and he threw himself right into the role. A goal on debut at 15y 358d and after that he became the starting Left Winger. My own choice as performance of the season, love the youngster and I will continue to play him. 27 Games, 5 Goals, 1 Assist.

Strikers

Andrey Ospeshinskiy (ST/AMLC): The Striker has ripped up this season, he was already at the club when I arrived and managed to be one of the few to be allowed to continue in the side throughout the season. 33 Games, 14 Goals and 3 assists.

Dmitry Burmistrov (ST): A fair amount of time out with injuries, but clearly the current number 2 in this squad.

Dmitry Tkachev (ST): The youngster is looking to break into the side and be given a shot at the top, he is a way off the needed standard right now, but is a future prospect.

The Club Leaders

Games: Vieira - 37

Goals: Ospeshinskiy - 14

Assists: Elysee - 13

Clean Sheets: Vieira - 13

The Awards

Torpedo Moscow

Fans Player of the Year: Andrey Ospeshinskiy

Best XI: Vieira, Timofeev, Grozev, Pimenov, Smirnov, Gadjiev, Elysee, Petrov M, Bazarov, Ospeshinskiy, Burmistrov.

Subs: Lunev, Kabanov, Kozlov, Konovalov, Safronov, Ponomarenko, Tkachev.

First Division

Player of the Month July: Andrey Ospeshinskiy

Manager of the Year: Des Tiny 2nd

The Clubs History

|----------|----------|-----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|  Season  |  League  | Final Pos |  Europe  |            Achievements           |
|----------|----------|-----------|----------|-----------------------------------|
|   2011   |    RD1   |    [url="http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8151/russianfirstdivisioninf.png"]6th[/url]    |          |                None               |

Club Records & Competition History

Fastest Goal: 21s Ignatovich

Youngest Goalscorer: Bazarov - 15y 358d

Youngest Player: Bazarov - 15y 358d

Against the other Muscovites

CSKA Moscow 0-0-0 (0-0)

Lokomotiv Moscow 0-0-0 (0-0)

Dinamo Moscow 0-1-0 (1-4)

07.01 FRN: 1-4

Grichenkov (39)

Spartak Moscow 0-0-0 (0-0)

FC Moscow 0-0-0 (0-0)

The Future

Prediction: 11th

Odds: 40-1

Expectations: Mid Table Finish

Transfer Budget: 1.2M R

Wages: 975k R

Aims: I want top Half or Promotion

Signings: Yegor Baburin (GK), Nikolay Safronidi (MRL), Mikhail Volodin (DL), Alexey Galkin (DL)

Youth: Victor Volchek (GK), Boris Ponomarev (ST), Alexey Yeremeev (ML), Alexandr Pyatakov (ST)

Nice to see some consolidation in yours PRDH, you deserve a lot of credit for managing to repeat as the best of the rest in the Spanish leagues. Nice to see the range of internationals in your side as well, I particularly like your young turk, he looks like a true star of the club and the league. World class!

PRDH - I think in any other league you'd be challenging for the title with that squad. But Barcelona look like they are in a league of their own up there. I like your midfield, looks very strong. And that Renato Gaucho looks like a beast. Love his determination. Good luck next season (although you might already be done?) :)

LLR - That's a great first season in Russia imo. :thup: From at all the people that's started there this year, it looks to be a really tough division. Good luck next season, hope you can push for promotion. Not that far off already.

F.B.C. Unione Venezia - Pre Season 2017/18

First things first. We moved in to our brand new stadium, Venezia Stadium (very creative name). We've played one league match at our new home so far and it attracted just over 16k fans, almost filling the 16.5k capacity. This was against Torino, one of our rivals (although not fierce rivals), so it'll be interesting to see if we can keep attendance that high throughout the season.

I told my bosses I think we can finish top half this season, and they gave me a very healthy transfer budget of £22M. I have to say I was a bit surprised by this considering we only had a £5M bank balance at that point. But then I saw that our estimated TV-revenue for this next season is going to be £19.6M. Add to that a bigger stadium, more gate receipts, European, etc. And I can see why they are optimistic about our finances.

I didn't spend it all though. After all the ins and outs are done for the summer I still have £15.3M to spend if I want to. Might come in handy in January.

Tekin Batmaz, Francisco Marti, Ernestor Parente and Hugo Lima are all just co-own deals that we won. Even though I bid nothing on 3 of them and £10K on Batmaz the other teams bid nothing as well, so we keep them. None of them really have a future in the first team, but it's nice to have at least a few players in the reserve team as well.

Marco Pedrosa I already mentioned in my season report. He's started well, and has huge potential. Still not sure if he'll be used as a defender or defensive midfielder.

David Salazar was transfer listed by Villarreal and is another very promising young striker. Assistant says he's got 4.5 star potential, but I'm not sure what to think of the assistant reports any more (more on that below).

Johan Sanchez is a very young central defender. He was also transfer listed, by At. Madrid. Huge potential, but will probably take 3-4 seasons at least to be fighting for a first team spot.

Ronaldo is a South American import, but he has a Italian 2nd nationality so he didn't count towards the 1 non-eu player per season rule. Interestingly he doesn't speak a word of Italian though. He can play many positions, MC, MR, AMR, and SC. If he can even half live up to his name I'll be happy.

Allan Chibwe is a Zambian striker, and probably our best signing this summer. I found him in Sweden of all places, at IFK Göteborg. I would have never found him if not, cause I really don't focus my scouting enough on African nations. Probably something I should improve on. Anyways, he already looks amazing and can still improve a lot. Scored 5 goals in 3 already, but 4 of those were against some crap team in the EC qualifiers.

Josef Pestoni is a hot prospect from Switzerland. Probably take him 3-4 years to be near the 1st eleven as well, if he ever gets there.

David Sole is another Spanish transfer listed player. This one a goalkeeper from Real Madrid. Good potential.

Kevin Snijders was the last signing, with the deal done just a couple of days before the window closed. He's another striker with huge potential. Assistant says he can get better than Chibwe, but again, I'm not sure I trust him at all.

To conclude. I think we have some great attacking options now. Our weak point is no doubt our defense. But I have a healthy budget to improve if I see the need. I will be playing 3 strikers most games this season since that's where we have our strength atm. We're also into the EURO Cup group stages after beating Croatian side Rijeka 5-0 and 5-2. Galatasaray, Toulouse FC and Xanthi awaits.

Assistant Reports (a digression)

I often look at my squad in this view, and I've noticed that my assistant keep changing the way he looks at my players potential. It's really a bit annoying. Here's some examples.

1. When we first got into the Serie A some of my defenders, Traore, Toniolo and Rossini were all 4 and 4.5 star potential according to my assistant (I have the same assistant still). Now all 3 of them are down to 3 star potential.

2. Last season when I bought Benjamin Jobarteh (the Swedish goalkeeper) my assistant thought he was 5 star potential. Now he's just 4 stars.

3. Panzerini (the striker) has also gone down to 4 stars this season from 4.5 (or 5 I can't remember) last season.

I'm thinking that the assistant sees potential in relation to the other players you have in that position, and not in relation to the maximum possible potential. Cause all the new players are now at 4.5-5 stars potential. This is really really annoying, cause it's completely impossible to know if you have some potential world class player in your squad when they are all judged in comparison to your other players and not on their true potential.

This is also the case for my scouts. One of my 20 JPP scouts told me a player was 5 star potential (leading star for Serie A). I didn't have the funds to get him though, so he was put on my shortlist for a couple of years. When I asked the same scout for another report on this player to see if the "asking price" was within what I could afford now. All of a sudden this player had 3.5 star potential, and only a "good Serie A player". Why? The only reason I can see is that they judge potential in relation to the strength of your current squad, and not in relation to the best players in the world. Annoying! :thdn:

Ohanzee - Yup. Another season down. Trying to get the update done before I plough too far into the next season. I can never remember what happens if I let it go too long without getting it done. Renato Gaucho is very useful to have about the place. I can't believe I got him for £8million.

Ohanzee - Yup. Another season down. Trying to get the update done before I plough too far into the next season. I can never remember what happens if I let it go too long without getting it done. Renato Gaucho is very useful to have about the place. I can't believe I got him for £8million.

I find it easiest to force myself to write up an update before I move past the season update day. That way if I've forgotten to grab any screenies I can go back and get them still.

@Ohanzee Don't forget that also once a player is through his teenage years the development slows down, and if they're not nearing their potential by about 21 there's a much greater chance that they'll never reach their full PA

UD_P%C3%A1jara_Playas_de_Jand%C3%ADa_escudo.png

End of Season Update - U.D. Pajara Playas de Jandia - 2026/27

"The continued adventure of the challenge's sunshine team."

Finances - Champions' League money is making my finances look far healthier, and I can now afford one big transfer a season.

Transfers - Not too much to report here. Got rid of a load of deadwood. Brought in some youth, and my one glamour season was Gromov (see below)

League | 1st | Graph

Well. What to say. After a couple of seasons in third I was getting itchy feet to launch a proper push. As the graph shows, this didn't look like being the season for much of time. In fact, I was concentrating mostly on keeping hold of a Champions' League place as much as anything at the half way stage. It was a frustrating opening. I'd pick up points against strong teams and then lose to those around the bottom. Never putting together a good run. The changing point came when I faced a run of 3 games where I played Sevilla, At Madrid and Villarreal. All teams up at the business end. This was going to make or break my season.

I'd pulled off wins over Real Madrid and Barcelona in the previous few weeks, but if I could take points from these I'd be up in contention with a reasonably easy run in. Seven points from the nine available put me top. And with a unbeaten run in from that point I held on, barring, times when they played before me, to first place and snaffled the title. It was quite a low points total in the end. In the last two seasons it would have only just got me second. Definitely going to be tough to retain the title.

Spanish Cup | Final

I wanted a run in this competition this season, as I was yet to win ANYTHING. Despite this, I gave the kids a few run outs in the early rounds. They didn't disappoint. Natali bagged 4 goals in 3 games. Still, got to the final to face Sevilla. They were in great form this season, but played a slightly conservative 442, with two holding midfielders, and a couple of wide midfielders. A stark contrast to my more gung-ho style. I didn't hold any great fear. I thought probably it'd be a low scoring game. With a goal either way sealing it. With their defensive set-up I felt the only real risk was if they could counter-attack.

I came out all guns blazing, and within 2 minutes we were in the lead. Saul Moreno rising highest to power home a header from a corner. Suddenly it looked as if it would all be easy. It wasn't. They broke and equalised in the 33rd. They grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck in the last 10 minutes of the half and I was pleased to get in level, even though with the last action of the half Sacko had to be taken off.

The second half was cagier, I probed but couldn't find a way through until the 83rd minute when Yilmaz caught their left back in possession and burst away. He squared the ball to Renato Gaucho who controlled it, and tucked it home. We clung on happily and celebrated our first piece of silverware.

Europe | Quarter Final

A commanding performance in the Group Stages saw us go through along with Dynamo Kyiv at the expense of Arsenal. We came up against Saint-Etienne in the first knockout round. I was confident and a 2-1 win away from home did nothing to dampen the spirits. So we brought them back to Fuerteventura where we did our best to throw it away. They were soon 2-0 up. Our away goals cancelled out an we were behind. Gromov snatched a goal just before half time to level the tie. Though of course is they scored one more goal it would make it all very difficult for us. Nothing in the second half and extra time beckoned. Suddenly finding some form Gaucho got a goal in the 93rd minute, and Gromov got his second to secure the tie in the 98th.

Quarter final time, where we went out last season. This season however the draw seemed to open up. We drew Benfica, a team I was quietly confident of getting past. I even started glancing towards the rest of the teams - Lyon, Bayern, Juventus, Inter and Fiorentina. I was fairly confident I could beat any of those in a one off game, and was even beginning to think I could get the Champions' League before the Spanish league.

It was foolish. I went to Benfica in the first leg and came away with my tail between my legs following a comprehensive 3-0 defeat. We simply didn't turn up. They were all over us, and frankly only conceding three was lucky. Still, I'd one games by more than three in the Champions' League at home before. Why not this time. Well, because, whether because of tiredness, or lack of motivation we didn't turn up at home either. They went 1-0 up. We equalised but never looked like winning it.

We'll have another go next season.

Squad | Players

Goalkeepers - Not much strength in depth here. After Zubarev there are only two young on loan keepers. Should probably do something about it!

German Zubarev - No 1 keeper, and either plays well or badly. He goes on runs of form where he looks unbeatable, and will then, from nowhere, let in four. It's a little worrying, but he does also keep us in games single-handedly on occasion. Something of a Jens Lehmann figure.

Defence - Possibly the weakest area of the team. Still strong. But less depth than the areas in front. Got my eyes on some players to sort this though...

Anthony Babin - Keeps racking up the appearances. He lacks a little pace, but he is very much the rock still in defence.

Casper Schaap - Youngster keeps getting more game time. I'm thinking of training him to be a defensive midfielder too. I think he looks to have the stats to play as a Makelele style player. He plays there at the end of games occasionally anyway. I figure he may at least have some more practise in training. Thoughts?

Saul Moreno - Another rock. He and Babin are a fairly formidable pairing. They don't often get overrun. Benfica was one notable exception. Plenty of time for them to make up for it though.

Mark Isa - Another season for him at right back. He's slowly and quietly turned himself into a very capable player at the highest level, and he's done great things for Pajara Playas.

Georges Mathis - His time at the top is sadly over. He is useful as a back up/late sub when trying to see out a game, but he is definitely on the way out. In fairness though, I never thought he'd make in the Liga adelante so for him to pick up a BBVA winner's menu after a huge amount of time in the first team is pretty impressive. Says he wants to be an assistant manager when he retires. There's a job here if he wants it.

Tarik El Amrani - Another season of improvement for the wing-back. He pops up all along the left wing, swinging in a trademark cross. Particularly when playing behind the right-footed D'Angelo.

Cesar Garcia - Starting to get upset at playing second fiddle to Amrani. He deserves more football, so I'm going to let him go at the end of the season.

Midfield - Quite possibly the strongest part of the team. There's a nice balance here. We've got lots of variations and depth. I reckon I could put out two sides good enough to dominate most midfields in a game.

Didier Song - What more can I add. He's world class. Lacks flair, but gets up and down the wing all game, and can put in a mean cross and get a goal too.

Kylian Thiebaud - Added an extra dimension to the left side. If D'Angelo's cutting in wasn't working he could come on and get down the line and vice versa.

Erkan Aykuz - Continues to impress. In most teams Chibueze would be a star, but with this guy ahead of him he doesn't have a hope.

John Chibueze - He's been here on loan for 4 seasons. I think it's time to let him go. There is depth in the youth, and they are cheaper. It's a pity he's a potentially brilliant player, but he won't get the game time he needs here.

Carlos Alberto - Slightly slower player than Song, takes him time rather than bombing on. When Song doesn't do well Alberto normally does.

Walter D'Angelo - Can cut inside and unleash a pretty decent shot. Thiebaud's mid-season form saw him on the bench a lot, but he came back strongly for the run in.

Michel van den Berg - May feel a little hard done by. Great season last time out, and then he gets replaced. Or at least semi-replaced by Gromov. The Russian is younger, quicker and potentially more talented, but this guy has the experience and cunning to unlock a defence that Gromov hasn't yet. He at least knows the future is in good hands if he can pass on some nous.

Denis Gromov - The glamour signing. I'd had my eyes on him for a couple of seasons and could finally afford him, so brought him in. He started slowly, but soon got going and he and van den Berg brought the best out of each other.

Strikeforce - Certainly give midfield a run for their money. This season the quartet performed excellently as a group. They compliment each other well. We've got the all round physical presence of Renato Gaucho, the playmaking instincts of Sacko, the target man, Larsen, and the poacher, Yilmaz.

Morten Larsen - Played the least of the foursome due to both Sacko and Gaucho being able to play the ball in the air. Came on fairly regularly and scored a few very important goals.

Badji Sacko - His raw scoring figure isn't that high, but if you look at the games played he's got a good strike rate back. He unfortunately got injured a couple of times in the season, but was back to his best the rest of the time. Finally picked up some silverware to reward his long service too.

Renato Gaucho - Top scorer this season, though his goals/game ratio wasn't the best, but he did play more games. He's a great player. He can be relied upon to pop up at important times either with his feet or his head, it's a great ability to have.

Redouane Yilmaz - The revelation of the season. A phenomenal goals:game ratio really showed he has arrived at this level. He has the ability to terrify defences and scored the goals to show it.

Playaritos (The young'uns) - Building up a nice group of young prospects too. I'm trying to give them some game time in the season, and they get the early games of Spanish Cups. And, now I've won it once, I might let them try and go as far as they can. Let the rest of the squad have a bit of a break.

Julian - Young right back/midfielder. I can't decide on his best position. If he can work on his positioning he and Amrani would make a devastating pair of marauding full-backs, but then he's also skilful enough to carve out a niche further up the pitch.

Danny Emeghera - The reason I'm happy to let Chibueze go. I think he's got the ability to be an excellent player in a similar vein to Akyuz. He can also fill in at centre back, and is useful to drop in front of the defence when running down the clock.

Daniel Jaiyeoba - Another Nigerian youngster, this right-winger could well have a bright future even if there are a few players ahead of him. Won't be near the first eleven next season, but will get a chance to shine in the cup.

Jon Zubillega - Interesting playmaker forward. He has all the attributes to be a good player if I can hold onto him. Training him to be a more traditional central midfielder too, as I think it could be a useful position for him to know about in my formation. Also got him practising his shooting at night.

Mohamed Abdallah Natali - Very excited about him. His pace is improving steadily, and hopefully the mental side of his game will kick on too, because he has a huge amount of potential. He scored for fun in the cup.

Giorgos Drakopoulos - Another good young striker. Should make a good foil for the other two. He is more of a predator, good instincts in and around the box, I can see goals in this lad's future.

Aims for next season

1/ Not to give up my title without one hell of a fight

2/ Get further than the Quarter Finals of the Champions' League

3/ Give the youth a chance in the cup.

Season		League				Position			Achievements/Wins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12		Second Division B4		13th				Avoided Relegation
2012/13		Second Division B4		4th				Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14		LIGA adelante			17th				Survival
2014/15		LIGA adelante			13th				Consolidated
2015/16		LIGA adelante			8th				Narrowly missed playoffs
2016/17		LIGA adelante			10th				Backwards step
2017/18		LIGA adelante			6th				Promoted via Playoffs!
2018/19		LIGA BBVA			16th				Survival
2019/20		LIGA BBVA			7th				Qualified for EC!
2020/21		LIGA BBVA			6th				Slight improvement
2021/22		LIGA BBVA			4th				Qualifed for ECC!!
2022/23		LIGA BBVA			8th				
2023/24		LIGA BBVA			6th				Qualified for EC
2024/25		LIGA BBVA			3rd				Qualified for ECC
2025/26		LIGA BBVA			3rd				Ditto
2026/27		LIGA BBVA			1st				Champions!! Also won Spanish Cup

Trophy Cabinet
---------------------
Spanish Cup - 2027
LIGA BBVA - 2026/27

Big congrats PRDH!! Really well deserved to after 7 seasons of top half finishes. :thup: I don't think 90 points is low tbh. Would rather say it's Barcelona and Real Madrid keeping it artificially high in the earlier seasons. But I see your point. :)

Sounds like Benfica have a great squad, probably some of the best regens in the game? I find Benfica and Porto (and a few other semi-big clubs) are often very hard to beat this far into a save. They seem to have an amazing scouting network. And ofc the restrictions on non-eu players is very lenient in Portugal.

Good luck in your hunt for European glory!

*edit* Yea I think we have some big talents. But most of the squad are just that, talents. Not really the quality yet to challenge for much. May have to just suck it up and bring in 2-3 older players who are already developed to take the next step. Doing alright so far this season though.

PRDH - congrats on the title. great couple of seasons there. concure with what has been said. it was fully deserved and you have got a strong team now. imrove that defence and challenge completion is in sight...

LLR - Solid first season there. i think 6th is one of the best 1st seasons in Russia. how someone can score so many with those stats is beyond me! :)

As for me, the season review is done but it'll be tomorrow i post it now...

East_Stirlingshire_FC.gif

East Stirlingshire - Scottish Third Division

small_East_Stirlingshire_Home.jpgsmall_East_Stirlingshire_Away.jpg

Season Review - Season 2011-12

Media Prediction: 9th

League Finish: 1st Graph

The League

Well we have made promotion in the first season. As the graph shows it was a really topsy turvy season and we spent the first third of the season in mod-table. we then managed to find our feet as the players gelled and we made a push for the top 4. We hit the top spot briefly aroung half way but fell back to occupy either 2nd or 3rd. with only the top team guaranteed promotion we were destined for a play-off spot and going into the final match we were in 3rd. A solid 2-1 win saw us do our part but Stenhousmuir (who’s ground we share) and Berwick slipped up allowing us to snatch the league title on the final day! The season was rouned off when i was named manager of the year.

Scottish Cups.

Not too much to report really. early doors for this club so the cup competitions weren’t anything special.

The Players

Transfers 1 Transfers 2

My summer transfer dealings saw us sign an incredible 25 players during the summer as I set about rebuilding the squad. with money tight the wage budget was restricted and I had a major job of wheeling and dealing to do in order to allow me to bring in the players I wanted. I predominantly signed youngsters released by the big clubs in either Scotland or more often England and this served us well. the average age for our squad is 21.

Here’s a look at some of the key players for me in my promotion season:

Squad 1 Squad 2

Goalkeepers

Josh Wagenaar - Canadian goalkepper who had a solid season. Has plenty of competition now though so he’ll have to foght to keep the jersey.

Full Backs

Keiran Brennan - Scottish LB who was 1st choice for most of the season. Solid performer.

Daniel Chylaszek - Polish LB/LM signed on a free in the winter. brought a bit of experience to the squad and is a good player for this club.

David McNamee - experienced RB signed on a free after being released by Plymouth. a rock in our defence, he had a good season.

Centre Backs

Keiran Stallard - Our star Cb - Kieran had a great season. he is one of many courted by other clubs. I really want to keep him.

Gordon Dick - Stallard’s CB partner for most of the season, he also had a good season. Is under threat for the new season though.

Oliver Gill - Signed after being released by Manchester United. Oliver offers options at LB or Cb and is a good squad player.

Ignasi Miquel - Spaniard signed after being released by Arsenal. Ignasi is a real start and will play a big part for us next season having joined near the end of this season.

Midfielders

Jordan Brown - Had a solid season for us in CM. we have a lot of competition here now though.

Stuart Gillespie - RM signed on loan from Cowdenbeath to cover an area for us. did a decent job when called upon too but played second fiddle to McCue.

Marc Kalenga - Frenchman brought in from lower leagues. solid player and did a decent job.

Jesse Lingard - Another ex-Man United player, Jesse did a solid job in central midfield.

Jordan McCue - Exciting young Scot who can play RM or St. played mainly as a winger as this was a weak spot for us.time will tell his best position.

Daniel Philliskirk. - Chelsea reject whom I’m delighed to have. could be a real key player for us going forward.

Derek Ure - a club legend, I tired to get rid of Derek pre-season as I didn’t rate him. once he got going though he played well and earnt his place in the side. future still in doubt though.

Strikers

Declan Bunting - Northern Irish striker who was a star on tiral for us and who I had to sign. topscorer for the club and had a solid year.

David Love - released by Hearts, David didn’t escel in his first season. I do think there is more to come though.

Michael Ngoo - Another realeased by Man United, Michael is a tall striker and scored some important goals. was a good foil for Bunting.

Finances

Decent season financially as we turned the club around from being in the red to being in the black. mainly thanks to our title win and a couple of friendlies. we did pretty much break even each month too though.

The Future

Looking ahead to the Second Division, I am excited by our chances. I have already made some esciting signings for the new season and I am optimistic about our chances. I have told the board we’ll avoid relegation but I’m aiming for top half at least.

I’m really looking forward to the new season - let’s see what it brings!!

Career History

[size=2][font=Verdana]Season   League        Pos.    League Cup  Scottish Cup  Europe   Achievements[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=Verdana]_________________________________________________________________________________________________[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=Verdana]2011/12  3rd Division  1st        xxx          xxx        N/A     Promotion[/font][/size]

*cough*spellcheck*cough*

A great first season rlipscombe. Looks like you've got some great youngsters there, hopefully you can keep them so they grow with the club.

Ha Ha.... trademark spelling errors... guess that's what you get with rushing it. although i do write it in Word so i should know better...... wouldn't mind but my spelling is normally top drawer too.

100px-Oliveira_do_Bairro_SC.png

Keyser Söze (Biscotti) - Oliveira do Bairro Sport Clube - Portuguese Liga Sagres

Season 2017/18 - Season Summary

Start of 2017/18 situation:

Club Value: £1.5m - £4.9m loan debt

Media Prediction: 16th

Board Expectation: Fight Against Relegation

Average Ticket Price/Season Ticket Price: £10.10/£56

Squad Average Age: 25

Wage Total/Wage Budget: £10,561/£19,572

Bank Balance: £462,711

Transfer Budget: £28,898

The Players

After last season's shock promotion, I felt that for the most part our 1st choice 11 were in good shape. I was a little worried about the full-backs, so this was an area I attempted to improve upon.

[[Transfers]]

It looks like a lot of players, but I really felt we'd benefit from having a little more depth. The unfortunate side-effect was a loss of stability, as I ended up signing 5 players that went on to get quite a lot of games in.

The Staff

I'm extremely happy with my coaching staff now, and I have scouts all over the world hunting for talent for me. The only change I made here was a replacement AssMan, as my previous one had been with me since the 2DN and I was beginning to feel like I could do better.

The Club

Another record season for attendances pleased me greatly, but I went quite a way over my wage budget in order to try and maintain a place n the Liga Sagres. The only reason I didn't make ridiculously huge losses is due to board investments. I did manage to convince the board to expand the youth network, but unfortunately it was shelved due to lack of funds.

Taça de Portugal

[[Fixtures]]

A tough 3rd round draw against a fellow Liga Sagres team wasn't really what we wanted to see this year, and so we fell at the first hurdle.

Bwin Cup

[[Fixtures]]

Being the seeded team entering at round 2, I felt somewhat confident going into this. We were brought down to earth with a thud.

The League

Early on we earned a pretty credible draw at home to Porto - one which cost Didier Deschamps his job (and saw me linked with the first big job of my career), but really we started the league out looking like the team that really didn't belong. After 11 games I was seriously wondering if perhaps we'd got promotion too soon - sitting bottom with a grand total of 0 wins, 3 points, and 5 goals scored. Then this happened. I'm not entirely sure where it came from, but it seemed to remind my players that they actually had to step up their game if they wanted to keep their nice contracts( I'd negotiated hefty wage-drops for relegation for most of my top earners). I wouldn't exactly say we came into form, but we managed to scrape out a few results where previously we wouldn't have gotten anything. On the last day of the season, we were 2 points clear of the drop and playing already relegated Académica at home. If we won, we were staying up no matter what. If Naval didn't win, we were staying up. So I was horrified to go into half time 1-0 with Naval also ahead by a goal. 2nd half saw us conced another goal early and we didn't even look like we were trying until we scored in the 75th minute. After that we threw everything at them, but nothing stuck and we ended up losing 2-1, dreading the other results coming in. Naval managed to throw their game away and lose as well, so we stayed up by the skin of our teeth!!!

[[Fixtures 1]] [[Fixtures 2]]

[[Table]] [[Graph]]

The prize money wasn't great, but to be honest I really didn't care after that nailbiting final day.

Squad stats

Key Players

• Dani - Strange to think that he's been with me since my first season at the club and he's still putting in some of the best performances of anyone in the team. Not that that's saying much with how badly the team played this season.
  • Cristian García - Despite the fact that his stats show nearly 2 conceded a game, he was a vital player for us this season and has easily displaced Conceição as my first choice keeper.
  • Andreas Werner - He didn't actually have all that good a season, but the Austrian international defender is quite possibly my best player on paper. I'm really looking for him to step it up next season and justify my faith.

Prospects

The youth intake again failed me.

Awards

Nada :(

2017/18 Goals

• Avoid relegation - Barely, but we did it
  • Get the board to improve facilities - lack of funds makes this difficult
  • Bring in a back-up GK who is at least capable - See García, above

New Records

Club:

Highest League Postition: 14th in Liga Sagres

Highest Gate reciepts: £65k v Maritimo in Liga Sagres

Average Attendance: 6398

Biggest Win: 6-1 v Beira-Mar in Liga Sagres

Most Games Lost in a Row: 9

Most Games Without Scoring: 4

Elsewhere

World Cup: Italy

Gold Cup: USA

OCE Nations: Vanuatu

Club World Championship: Cruz Azul

European Champions Cup: At. Madrid

EURO Cup: Man Utd

Portugese Liga ZON Sgres: Benfica

Taça de Portugal: Braga

BWin Cup: Benfica

Other

This Year's Best XI

Newly inducted into the all-time XI - João Pinto

Fans player of the season: Dani

League Rep: 10th (Turkish Premier above us, Scottish Premier below) (-2)

Nation Coefficient: 9th (Holland above us, Ukraine below) (-)

Start of 2018/19 situation:

Club Value: £1.8m - £4.9m loan debt (+£300k)

Media Prediction: 14th (+2)

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation

Average Ticket Price/Season Ticket Price: £10.30/£57 (+£0.50)/(+£1)

Squad Average Age: 24 (-1)

Wage Total/Wage Budget: £22,071/£23,065 (+£11,510)/(+£3,493)

Bank Balance: £242,646 (-£220,065)

Transfer Budget: £2,887 (+£26,011)

2018/19 Goals

• Avoid relegation
  • Make profit
  • Make Taça de Portugal quarter finals

Keyser Söze - Oliveira do Bairro Sporte Clube - History

League			Position	Europe		Taça de Portugal	Bwin Cup	Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Division - North	2nd		N/A		2nd Round		N/A
2nd Division - North	1st		N/A		4th Round		N/A		Promoted!!
Liga Orangina		9th		N/A		4th Round		2nd Round	
Liga Orangina		11th		N/A		6th Round		1st Round
Liga Orangina		13th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round
Liga Orangina		1st		N/A		Semi-Final		3rd Round	Promoted!!
Liga Sagres		14th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round	

The skin I'm using is Steklo XI. Ben a big fan of the Steklo series for a few years now, and I can't imagine using anything else ^^

I'm 4 games into the new season now, and already I've scored more points than I had at the halfway point last season. Things are looking up :thup:

rlipscombe - Congrats on the promotion! Nice to see you in Scotland, I think you'll enjoy it. :thup: See you got a taste of the big games already to. A draw at halftime against Celtic should boost morale even if it didn't last the whole game. :)

Biscotti - Congrats on survival! Must taste great after such a nail-biting finish to the season. :D Hopefully that's the hard season done with. Up up and away! :thup:

after a very brief, uninspiring foray into Russia i decided to go with Angri again...first season as follows...

log_angri.jpg

Angri - 2011/2012 - End of Season Review

Manager Profile

Team Information

Predicted Position: 16th

Actual Position: 12th

Average Attendance: 1825

Season Ticket Holders: 448

A real rollercoaster of a season. With a mass influx of new players, new tactics and a new approach to the mentality of S.C. Angri, we really struggled before christmas, only picking up 3 wins. However, things really started to pick up as the squad became accustomed to the formation and mentality of the tactics i implemented, we suffered only 2 defeats in our last 16 matches.

The 12th place finish looked a long way off early on, but in the end safety was comfortable and im delighted things came good as the season progressed.

Player-wise, ive decided to focus on trying to find young players who have promise (relying on my own judgement and also that of my coaching staff, who's opinions i wouldnt usually pay much attention to!)

A few of the more notable performers of the season were as follows:

GK

Antonio Coglitore - not the greatest start to the season, but grew massively as the season went on

DEF

Domenico Citro - the only player who was in the squad when i took over that gets a game, he proved himself as first choice rb with solid ratings all season

Matteo Binelli - formed a good CD partnership with Vesi

Gianluca Ibba - first choice LB

Marco Vesi - a danger from set pieces in the second half of the season, i see him scoring more goals next season while being an important part of my defence

MID

Willian Justino - young Brazilian brought in on a free, made the AMR position his own with some valuable goals and assists. one of the top players of the season

Riccardo Enrico - AML who hit a few vital goals late in the season

Francesco Forte - young DM with real promise in my eyes, attracting interest from a few clubs in the leagues above, may struggle to hold onto him if the money is right

Fabio Foglia - shared the AMR responsibility when Justino covered the CM position, another solid yet unspectacular player

Daniele Fiorentino - CM who was consistent if nothing else

ATT

Jurgen Pandiani - young striker who i decided to sign again (had signed him in my previous Angri save before i lost it), didnt disappoint, finishing as top scorer with 15 goals in 33 apps. Top-rated player of the season

Giovanni Vriz - 2nd top scorer, 9 goals and 7 assists, decent return but nothing special

Top Scorer - Jurgen Pandiani - 15 goals

Highest Average Rating - Jurgen Pandiani - 7.06

Fans Player of The Year - Willian Justino

Manager of The Year - Garry Maltman - 2nd Place

Going forward i believe, after the way the team turned the season around after Christmas, that with a few choice additions to the squad, we could have a real chance of pushing on quite a bit in the coming season. However a lot of what happens will depend on the financial situation, which isnt too good at the moment, with the club about 100k in the red :(

onwards and upwards :)

Season          Division        Position       Achievements
2011/2012       Serie C2/C      12th	       Safety           

Ohanzee - thanks - i am enjoying it. rapidly turning the club into a haven for Premiership youth rejects! (the season preview will confirm that... ;) ) The Celtic game was a good experience this early on. like i said before the cash would have been a great boost for an away game but nice to have them come to Ochilview Park.

G-Wiz - decent 1st season back at Angri - your second home. good luck in the new season. carry that form post-christmas on and you'll be pushung towards the top end.

East_Stirlingshire_FC.gif

East Stirlingshire - Scottish Second Division

Season Preview - 2012/13

small_East_Stirlingshire_Home.jpgsmall_East_Stirlingshire_Away.jpg

The League

So we have made it up to the Second Division at the first attempt. looking at the other clubs I think there’s no reason we can’t do well in this league and I’d like to get a top half finish at least. we did quite well last season against Second Division teams and we’ve improved since then.

The New Players

Transfers

After last seasons 25 signings, I was always going to make less signings than that but nonetheless we had a go and 11 new players have joined the ‘Shire and will be pulling on the famous black and white shirts this season. without further ado, time to meet the lads:

Goalkeepers

Sam Walker - Giant young Englishman signed following his release by Chelsea. Will push Wagenaar hard for a starting spot.

Reice Charles-Cook - Arsenal reject who will initially be 3rd choice but has good potential.

Full Backs

Samir Bihmoutine - English LB signed after release by Arsenal. Great potential, he has started the season well at LB. can also play LM.

Billy Jackson - Billy was released by Livingston and is very much one for the future. 5* potential.

Centre Backs

Steven Smith - Irish youth international released by Arsenal. Great quality. will push Stallard and Miquel hard for a starting spot.

Midfielders

Marlon Collier - young English defensive midfielder with good all round stats. Adds competition to the middle of the park.

Gary Dickinson - Jamaican Right midfielder with loads of potential. The right midfielder I’d dreamed of. could be a star this season and started well already.

Jon Routledge - Signed after his release by Wigan Athletic. Can play RB or in central midfielder. has started season as partner to Philliskirk.

Jordan Wynter - Released by, you guessed it, Arsenal, Jordan will provide cover on the right flank.

Strikers

Jordy Brouwer - Dutch striker released by Liverpool. I was desperate to sign Jordy and early season form justifies this. Jordy could have a big say in how well we do this season.

Philip Roberts - ANOTHER Arsenal reject, he did well on trial and I had no hesitation in giving him a contract. another with plenty of potential.

The Upcoming Season

Overall I’m really happy with the squad I have. I feel we are strong all over the park with the exception of the left flank where I’d loved to have signed someone. unfortunately there was no one out there so we will make do with Chylasek and Ure. pre-season went well we’ve done well in the cups, culminating with the Celtic match. Off to plough through the season we go.

‘Mon the ‘Shire!

G-Wiz - Good job turning things around after a bad first half of the season. Sounds like you found a tactic to build on there. 2 defeats in 16 is really good. :thup: I think focusing on young players is a good strategy as well. Been working wonders for my Venezia at least. Good luck next season. :)

rlipscombe - I think top half is a good goal. As I remember it there isn't much difference in quality between the 1st to 3rd division in Scotland. Good luck! :)

F.B.C. Unione Venezia 2017/18

2nd in Italian Serie A (pred: 11th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

As you can probably tell by the goal ratio, going with 3 strikers instead of two payed off. We're the only team in the Serie A scoring more than 2 goals per game on average. No one else is even close this season. Our defensive record how ever is not very impressive. In fact we're bottom half in that department. I truely enjoyed this season though. Had some really cracking games, as you can see one example of below.

There was a few times during the season I thought we might actually fight for the title, but we really don't have enough quality in depth yet. If my best 1st eleven could play 38 matches in a row we might have a chance, but that's simply not possible. We're getting close though. We stole 2nd place from AC Milan in the last game of the season (again see below), which just made it even more enjoyable. I believe this means we avoid qualification matches for the ECC group stages as well. Double joy!

Best game of the Season - Winning 8-5 away to Napoli. It was crazy. A hat-trick in the first 11 minutes. Another hat-trick in the 2nd half. Chibwe scoring 4. Our 8th came after only 66' minutes. There was half an hour left. Imagine scoring 8 goals and still not feeling certain you're going to win a match. Amazing game though. I much rather win 8-5 than 3-0. There's no way I'm going back to 2 strikers, ever.

Result of the Season - Beating AC Milan 3-0 in the last game of the season to steal 2nd place from them. We didn't deserve it, but Jobarteh decided to shut up shop. They just could not score.

Italian Cup (fixtures) - We got to the Semi Final, which was more than I had hoped for. The 1st leg away to Fiorentina saw us 2-0 down at half time only to come back and win it 3-2 in the second half. Sadly we weren't so lucky in the home game and lost 4-1. I really don't get Fiorentina. We beat them away twice (lucky), and lost twice at home. Just can't figure them out. What makes this 4-1 loss even more annoying is that they play the same formation as FC Barcelona, and you can see below how we managed against them at home just days after this loss.

The European Cup (fixtures | group k)

It started off really good with us beating the crap out of some Croatian side in the qualifiers. The group consisting of Galatasaray, Toulouse and Xanthi didn't give us any problems either. 5 wins and the only loss came away to Galatasaray. It's always hard getting results in Turkey.

In the 1st KO round we played Fulham. After losing 2-1 away I decided to rest my entire 1st eleven away to Roma in the serie a. This is how that went. In retrospect though, I think I made the right call. Cause my 1st eleven, now all at 100% condition, went out and made Fulham look like a bunch of amateurs in a 6-0 win.

CSKA Moscow of Russia was next in line. We were really lucky in the home game beating them 3-0. They had 4 clear cut chances to our 1. It evened out in the away game though as we somehow managed to miss 8 clear cut chances!! We scored 1 though, and that was just enough to take us through.

Enter the big boys. Manchester City away should be a really tough task for us. But we somehow managed to come away with a 2-0 win. Joe Hart didn't exactly have his best day between the sticks, but I think we deserved the win looking at the stats. Home game could have been a thriller. We scored, they scored, we scored, they scored and we scored. 3-2, and this within the first 30' minutes of the match. That was it for goals though. But it was enough to see us through to the Semi Finals.

Now here comes the best game of the entire season for me. We completely hammered FC Barcelona 5-0 at home. And in all honest I think we deserved it. Messi got a 5.3 rating!! I really don't get it. The same players, and the same tactic had lost 4-1 to Fiorentina just days before. A Fiorentina team that play the exact same 4231 formation that Barcelona do. But who am I to question the will of the FM Gods. :D

Even with a 5-0 lead I wasn't totally confident though. I mean, it's Barcelona after all. We did lose the away game, but only 2-1 and were through to our first ever cup final.

I was obviously biting nails before the final began against Sporting CP. It didn't last long though as my new superhero Chibwe gave us a 2-0 lead before 20' minutes was gone. Kevin Snijders put the nail in the coffin after 86' minutes and we won our first big trophy!!

The Players (squad ratings)

Here's the most important players in each position.

GOALKEEPERS

Benjamin Jobarteh stepped up this season and was technically our first choice goalkeeper. He had his ups and downs, but was mostly steady. David Sole was given lots of playing time as well (as he's supposedly got bigger potential than Jobarteh). He didn't do much wrong either, but had a couple of really bad games (rating below 6.0).

DEFENDERS

Kilian Etchegaray is the first choice right-back. He really is turning into a top quality player, and still have potential to grow. On the other fullback we have Yordan Angelov. He's also improved quite a bit, but I'm still not sure he'll become top class. Traore and Rossini was the first choice center backs for the first half of the season. They both did well, but they have peaked and won't become any better than they are now it seems.

In January I decided to splash some more cash on a new defender. Abdessamad Hajji is from Morocco, but has a Dutch 2nd nationality. He was bought by SC Herenveen last summer, but they were foolish enough to give him a £4.5M minimum fee release clause. I decided to make use of this, and I'm really glad I did. He's been immense, and is classed as a wonderkid now.

MIDFIELDERS

The defensive midield position was Marco Pedrosas when ever he was fit this season. This kid really impresses me. Only 18 (17 for half of the season) and so consistent already. His determination is a real blessing as well in that position. Martins also played quite a few games in this position and did well. Sadly his attitude is getting to a lot of my players so I may look to get rid of him to improve squad harmony.

Bertolacci, Vallet and Balsamo were the most used players in the two central midfield positions. They all did good, but I feel like we can improve here. With just 3 players in midfield (1 being behind the other two) I really need someone with great mentality and workrate. Vallet in particular had some incredibly bad games were he just gave up and played well below a 6.0 rating.

STRIKERS

Alan Chibwe!!! Take note of the name. What a player. And he's only 19 years old. I think those £2.7M we payed for him are the best I've ever invested. 43 goals in 44 starts!! The only bad thing about him is his discipline. He managed to get 16 yellow and 2 red cards, as a striker!! I decided to have a conversation with him after his 2nd red though. Telling him to stay on his feet when tackling. And a bit to my surprise he didn't question my orders at all and learned this move in no time. I can live with him getting the occasional ban for yellow cards, but not 3 match bans for two footed tackles. The best thing about him is that he isn't even fully developed. My assistant says he's at 4 of his 5 star potential. Can't wait to see how good he can become.

Kevin Snijders also had a brilliant first season. It took him 10-12 games to really get going, but after that I could trust him to score almost every game.

The last striker position is still debatable. Aquino was the most used this season, but only cause Panzeri and Yuste were injured a lot. And there's also Salazar, who has a bigger potential than all of them. But he's still got a way to go.

Conclusion: I'm really happy with my squad. Although I think we could improve a lot in defense and midfield in particular.

The Finances

Even though we spent £11M more than we gained on transfers this season it's looking great. The new stadium helped ALOT with gate recipes going from £2.2M last season to £11.1M this season. Ofc playing in Europe also helped on that one. We also earned £29M in TV-revenue, which is £18M more than last season. Other than that it's mostly the same. Next season should be even better with money from the ECC participation.

The Future

It looks rose red really. Finances are good, and the average age of our squad is 21 years. If we can find some instant improvements in a few key positions I think we can soon challenge for the big titles.

Average attendance this year at the new stadium was 15,598 which is just 1k behind capacity. But in the Serie A we had a average attendance by capacity of 99%. 18 of 19 home games were sellouts! That's awesome!! The board has already decided to increase the capacity by 7,750 seats! Brilliant!

The board have also agreed to improve training facilities. I've decided to work on those before youth facilities to hopefully help the development of this very young squad.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	I-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
[b]11/12[/b]	C2/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s1tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	-		-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]12/13[/b]	C1/A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted
[b]13/14[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s3tab.jpg"]11th[/url]	2nd Qual. Rnd	-		-
[b]14/15[/b]	B	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s4satab.jpg"]6th[/url]	3rd Qual. Rnd	-		Promoted through playoffs
[b]15/16[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s5tab.jpg"]10th[/url]	1st Rnd		-		Surivived in the Serie A
[b]16/17[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s6tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	4th Qual. Rnd	-		Qualified for EC
[b]17/18[/b]	A	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7tab-1.jpg"]2nd[/url]	Semi Final	EC WINNER	Won the EURO Cup

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Italian Serie C1/A[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2tab.jpg"]12/13[/url]

[b]EURO Cup[/b] [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/s7ecfix.jpg"]17/18[/url]

[b]Italian C1 Super Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/Venezia/s2cupC1SC.jpg"]12/13[/url]

Board have given me £39M to spend for the new season. I'm like a little boy in a candy store. :D If the news reports are true we're going to get almost £40M in TV-revenue just from Serie A this next season, so I guess they feel we can afford it. It's scary how much money there is in this division once you're into European spots.

100px-Oliveira_do_Bairro_SC.png

Keyser Söze (Biscotti) - Oliveira do Bairro Sport Clube - Portuguese Liga Sagres

Season 2018/19 - Season Summary

Start of 2018/19 situation:

Club Value: £1.8m - £4.9m loan debt

Media Prediction: 14th

Board Expectation: Avoid Relegation

Average Ticket Price/Season Ticket Price: £10.30/£57

Squad Average Age: 24

Wage Total/Wage Budget: £22,071/£23,065

Bank Balance: £242,646

Transfer Budget: £2,887

The Players

At the end of last season we were starting to come together fairly nicely, so I didn't want to mess about too much with new faces.

[[Transfers]]

Of those transfers in, 3 of them established themselves as first-team capable, and the rest are youngsters for the future. I was pleased to also make a profit, especially as both Pavre and Adilson had been somewhat disruptive last season.

The Staff

No major changes in the backroom, although left-back Nélson has now joined my staff as a fitness coach and retired from playing.

The Club

Attendances were up again, and I may have to put my desire for improved facilities on hold for the sake of an expansion. I was offered a new contract at the start of the year, and I negotiated it to a 5-year deal which the board was happy with. Because of this, I was quite shocked when Nacional da Madeira came in and offered to buy me out of it to take over there, dangling a £3.5m transfer budget in front of me in attempt to lure me.

Taça de Portugal

[[Fixtures]]

We were extremely fortunate for this year's TdP, not getting drawn against another Liga Sagres team until the 6th Round (Quarter Finals). For the semi-final we were drawn against Maritimo...

Bwin Cup

[[Fixtures]] [[Round 3 Table]]

A competent performance in the 2nd round, seeing us comfortable win 3-0 on aggregate to make the group stage, was followed by a very confident unbeaten performance in the group to move on to the semi-final - where we would face Porto...

The League

As I suspected, we came storming out this season and by the mid-point we had only lost one game that wasn't to the big 3. The second half of the season saw a bit of a dip in form, quite possibly due to our participation in the cups, but we finished extremely strongly with a run of 4 wins to only miss out on a EURO Cup place by a single point.

[[Fixtures 1]] [[Fixtures 2]]

[[Table]] [[Graph]]

Bwin Cup Semi-Final

I was drawn at home to Porto, and honestly didn't expect much out of the game. As long as my boys didn't roll over for them I'd be pretty happy. Playing in front of a sell-out crowd, we actually took the game to Porto during the first half, with Dani putting us up by one just before the half hour. The second half we were on the back foot a little more, opting to play keep-ball as we expected Porto to come out all guns blazing, but we were never really threatened with Porto only carving out a total of 3 shots across the whole match. We were gifted a second after 4 minutes of added time, as their defender put the ball into his own net, but the game was already over before that point anyway.

Final score Oliveira Bairro 2 - 0 Porto

Bwin Cup Final

Our first ever final as a club, and definitely the highlight of my career so far, had us playing against Sporting in front of 30,000 fans in Coimbra. There was definitely some kind of force against us for this one though, as we had both our first choice full-backs injured on the run-up to the final, and then both our back-ups got injured in the match as well.

We actually gave them a pretty evenly matched game, with them only winning because they managed to convert one of the three penalties we gifted them. I'll be they're glad we didn't take the game to a shoot-out.

Final score Oliveira Bairro 0 - 1 Sporting CP

Taça de Portugal Semi-Final

We were given the home leg first against Maritimo, and I was pretty confident for it, as we'd already beaten them at home in the league and were currently in great form. They took the lead early, but we were able to go into the break at 1-1. We played much better second half and managed to pick up a second goal towards the end to take us into the second leg with an advantage.

Oliveira Bairro 2 - 1 Maritimo

The second leg was played just a few days after our Bwin cup game against Sporting, and with injuries and congestion I was really not feeling confident. We never really got going properly, but when we were handed the lead with an own goal on 66 minutes I knew we would probably be able to hold on. They got a late consolation back, but it wasn't enough to stop us making our second cup final appearance this year.

Final Score Maritimo (2) 1 - 1 (3) Oliveira Bairro

Taça de Portugal Final

This was the big one. The main cup competition in Portugal, and one I would dearly love to take home with me. Braga were to be our opponents, and the sell-out crowd of 51,000 people were in good spirits. Our penultimate league game of the season had also been against Braga, and having comfortably walked that 4-2 our confidence was high for this match.

Braga definitely had more possession of the ball, but they never really looked particularly dangerous going forward. The breakthrough came on the stroke of half time, when João Pinto was able to nod home Dani's free kick. Braga came back at us in the second half, and finally got the equaliser with 15 minutes left to play after a through ball cut our defence in half. Luckily for us, they couldn't use that momentum and we were able win a corner 10 minutes later that saw Anton Petukhov head home Dani's delivery to bring home our first piece of silverware.

Final score Braga 1 - 2 Oliveira Bairro

Prize money was a hefty £720k in the league and a total of £1.5m in all competitions, which goes quite some way towards helping my goals for the season.

Squad stats

Key Players

• Dani - Another top-notch season from the 28-year-old. He's now playing full-time up front and is still finding the time to pitch in with plenty of assists.
  • Anton Petukhov - I picked this Russian youngster up in the January of '18, but he only really showed what he could do this year. Unfortunately I wasn't able to negotiate a new deal with him in order to remove his minimum fee release clause and he has now joined AZ for a paltry £400k when he peaked at a value of £750k :( My options are pretty good at CB, so I wont be rushing to find a replacement
  • Bryan Arguez - I ummed and ahhed a lot over who was my third pick this year, but ultimately Bryan gets the mention for being the lynch-pin of my midfield. I have concerns over his fitness, but his quiet dedication has proven to be extremely useful to me.

Prospects

I'm really starting to wonder what a Youth Academy actually does, because it's definitely not producing any youth! I have, however, signed a few youngsters with some great promise:

• Alex - Coach Report - I don't currently play with wide midfielders, but his stats suggest to me that he could play a strong part as a support striker with a bit of training.
  • Luis Sequeira - Coach Report - Picked up on a free, he has huge potential. Unfortunately, he is slightly older than I would like and that may have an effect on whether or not he can reach those heights.
  • Ugochukwu Yakubu - Coach Report - The only player I spent money on this year, the young Nigerian has already started his OBSC career well. I he can become just a little more clinical with his finishing he may end up being the bargain of the century.

Awards

Paulo Jorge Alves won Liga Sagres goal of the Year (

)

Dani took 2nd place for Liga Sagres Most Assists

Dani took 3rd place for Liga Sagres Most Man of the Match

Dani took 2nd place for Liga Sagres Fastest Goal of the Year

Anton Petukhov took 2nd place for Centre Back of the Year

Dani won Taça de Portugal Most Man of the Match

Anton Petukhov was named in he Team of the Year

I won Manager of the Year

Oliveira Bairro came 2nd for Most Improved Team of the Year

2018/19 Goals

• Avoid relegation
  • Make profit
  • Make Taça de Portugal quarter finals

New Records

Club:

Highest League Postition: 7th in Liga Sagres

Average Attendance: 6985

Highest Scoring Game: 5-4 v Académica in TdP

Most Games Without Losing: 13

Player:

Most Assists: Dani - 28

Highest Average Rating: Dani - 7.59

Youngest Goalscorer: Ugochukwu Yakubu - 18 years 73 days

Elsewhere

African Nations: Ghana

Asian Cup: S. Korea

Copa America: TBD

Club World Championship: New York

European Champions Cup: FC Bayern

EURO Cup: Arsenal

Portugese Liga ZON Sgres: Benfica

Taça de Portugal: Oliveira Bairro

BWin Cup: Sporting CP

Other

This Year's Best XI

Newly inducted into the all-time XI - Cristian García

Fans player of the season: Dani

League Rep: 11th (Dutch Eredivisie above us, Scottish Premier below) (-1)

Nation Coefficient: 9th (Ukraine above us, Holland below) (-)

Start of 2019/20 situation:

Club Value: £3.7m - £4.9m loan debt (+£1.9m)

Media Prediction: 12th (+2)

Board Expectation: Mid Table

Average Ticket Price/Season Ticket Price: £11.10/£112 (+£0.80)/(+£55)

Squad Average Age: 24 (No Change)

Wage Total/Wage Budget: £26,413/£26,385 (+£4,342)/(+£3,320)

Bank Balance: £1,215,379 (+£972,733)

Transfer Budget: £382,773 (+£379,886)

2019/20 Goals

• Make a push for Europe
  • Improve Facilities or Stadium

Keyser Söze - Oliveira do Bairro Sporte Clube - History

League			Position	Europe		Taça de Portugal	Bwin Cup	Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Division - North	2nd		N/A		2nd Round		N/A
2nd Division - North	1st		N/A		4th Round		N/A		Promoted!!
Liga Orangina		9th		N/A		4th Round		2nd Round	
Liga Orangina		11th		N/A		6th Round		1st Round
Liga Orangina		13th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round
Liga Orangina		1st		N/A		Semi-Final		3rd Round	Promoted!!
Liga Sagres		14th		N/A		3rd Round		2nd Round	
Liga Sagres		7th		N/A		Winners!		Final		Won Taça de Portugal, Runner-up in Bwin Cup

Biscotti - Congrats on the cup win! Don't you get a EC spot for that? Impressive win against Porto there in the other cup to. :thup: Good luck next season. I hope you can push into the top 6.

As for TV-revenue. Sadly I don't think you'll get anywhere near the money of Italy, Spain and England even if you play a 100 seasons in Portugal. Although maybe if the dynamic league reputation actually has an influence on it. Not sure if it does. It's one of the perks of playing in the top 3 leagues. On the other hand I really envy the transfer rules in Portugal when it comes to non-eu players. I have to pass on so many South American talents it's killing me.

Here's how TV-revenue have been for me in the Serie A :

1st season - £800K (which was less than what we got in Serie B the season before that)

2nd season - £10.1M

3rd season - £29M

And now the estimate for 4th season is almost £40M. It's kinda crazy if you ask me. :eek: Probably helps that we've gotten into the top half fast to, but it's still crazy money.

Des Tiny's FM11 Adventure

Torpedo Moscow

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPQlP6DfBYZzIRcy_fg_jDcfCM_wWjCddsSeirYL5tRv5S3kdc

First Division 2012

Preseason Building

Preseason in Short

Prediction: 11th

Odds: 40-1

Expectations: Mid Table Finish

Season Tickets: 1651 (^76)

Transfer Budget: 1.2M R

Wages: 975k R

Aims: I want top Half or Promotion

Signings: Yegor Baburin (GK), Nikolay Safronidi (MRL), Mikhail Volodin (DL), Alexey Galkin (DL), Imil Getigezhev (DL), [Loan] Ruslan Pashtov (ST)

Youth: Victor Volchek (GK), Boris Ponomarev (ST), Alexey Yeremeev (ML), Alexandr Pyatakov (ST)

The Transfers & Youth

I made only a few signings this off-season, filling what I thought were the weak spots of our squad, I signed three players who can play at left back, Galkin & Volodin as the future, one of them will surely pop up as a star in the future and Getigezhev who will most likely be starting for now. We added a goalkeeper as cover, and also got a new youth who looks the business as well in Volchek. We added Safronidi as another option for the wings, the final strong signing was Ruslan Pashtov who came on loan and will be lining up at the front to try and score some goals. The youth side also saw the advancement of some stars and as such our starting side is getting younger and we have a bench full of future stars, will be awesome to see some of them step into the limelight.

The Line-up

I am actually 9 games into the season and we have lost Gadjiev to injury for 2-3 months, we lost Pimenov for 3-4 months and have had a few small other issues. We started 3-0-0, but then proceeded to go through 4 games without a win to drop to 3-2-2, we have climbed back up to 7th with a win and a draw, but after starting out with 7 goals to none in the first three we conceded 12 goals over the next 4 games...

Here is the line-up as it would be if fully fit:

GK: Leonardo Vieira

DR: Vitaly Timofeev

DC: Emil Grozev

DC: Vitaly Pimenov

DL: Inal Getigezhev

MR: Makhach Gadjiev

MC: Be Sehi Irie Elysee

MC: Mikhail Petrov

ML: Nikolay Safronidi

ST: Ruslan Pashtov

ST: Boris Ponomarev

Subs: Yury Ponomarenko, Mikhail Volodin, Pavel Prikhodko, Anton Kozlov, Maxim Bazarov, Svetoslav Petrov, Dmitry Tkachev

Archived